Thread: Feature request: thread ignore feature

Default Feature request: thread ignore feature

We can ignore individual posters if we so wish, and I know the administrator can choose to enable the vBulletin feature to ignore a whole forum section. Many web fora, for example, allow their members to hide the politics sub-forum.

But I wonder if it's possible somehow to allow us to ignore specific threads.

For example, I can no longer bear to see the Trump discussion in the activity stream. I have no wish to block everyone who participates in it; I just want to block the whole thread so that I don't see it.

I'm sure many others will feel the same about particular threads.

Could this feature somehow be added? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    We can ignore individual posters if we so wish, and I know the administrator can choose to enable the vBulletin feature to ignore a whole forum section. Many web fora, for example, allow their members to hide the politics sub-forum.

But I wonder if it's possible somehow to allow us to ignore specific threads.

For example, I can no longer bear to see the Trump discussion in the activity stream. I have no wish to block everyone who participates in it; I just want to block the whole thread so that I don't see it.

I'm sure many others will feel the same about particular threads.

Could this feature somehow be added? Please?
    Not surprising. I'm temped to cancel cable for the same reason. (However I do find the thread more entertaining than any actual "news" coverage.)

That, or if possible on the "What's New?" link, to just show a single thread title update so it only appears once on that view without showing all the individual updates to that thread. The Trump or Oilers or whatever other topical issue of the day dominates that view and crowds out all other thread updates.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Looks like there's a plugin that can be installed:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=272375
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

I'm hesitant for a couple of reasons.

I am not a fan of "ignoring" as then things become an echo chamber. As an Admin, I can't ignore anyway. I do empathise with the thought though. There are days where ignoring would be nice.

The second is I am wary of putting in any more hacks. The olds hacks really messed up the upgrade, and I plan to upgrade ore migrate in June.
    Ow

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I'm hesitant for a couple of reasons.

I am not a fan of "ignoring" as then things become an echo chamber. As an Admin, I can't ignore anyway. I do empathise with the thought though. There are days where ignoring would be nice.

The second is I am wary of putting in any more hacks. The olds hacks really messed up the upgrade, and I plan to upgrade ore migrate in June.
    This is not a matter of ignoring people, just certain topics one does not care to see.

If installing the plug-in presents technical problems, then could you at least change the activity stream start page to the recent theads page that existed in the pre-upgrade server? That was each topic gets one line rather than potentially dozens.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

That page still exists. If you bookmark the forum, use http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/searc...e=vBForum_Post

To your OP, I will implement the full suggestion post upgrade in June.
    Ow

That page still exists. If you bookmark the forum, use http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/searc...e=vBForum_Post

To your OP, I will implement the full suggestion post upgrade in June.
    Much nicer than seeing a what's new page full of my own an others' posts about Trump as they push real relevant Edmonton posts off the screen.

Nice. Instead of one thread to ignore, now 6 or more!

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Nah, you love them all.
    Ow

Nah, you love them all.
    LOL, you do Admin so well.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

You're probably the only one who thinks so. I appreciate it!
    Ow

You're probably the only one who thinks so. I appreciate it!
    I doubt that I am.

Cheers

I stlil haven't figured out who H.L. is. I figure it someone who requested to have their username changed - what was their previous username?

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    I stlil haven't figured out who H.L. is. I figure it someone who requested to have their username changed - what was their previous username?
    She's Hardly Lucid. I mean, Horribly Laughable. No, wait, Harping Liar. No, wait, hello lady. Phew. 4th time lucky.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

oh that makes sense. haha.

oh that makes sense. haha.
    You only need ask. I know, difficult thing to do.lol

I thought this was an ask? Typical Trump supporter.

I thought this was an ask? Typical Trump supporter.
    I meant ask me, typical stupid liberal. Why bring Trump into this. I was being harassed offline actually, not a great feeling
    So now you know. Have a bowl of noodles and get over yourself.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Oh for the love of whatever you think is holy, even this thread gets hijacked?

I'm closing this one.
    Ow