Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Wildrose and PC merger talk

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    That's not exclusive to the Catholic religion, and wasn't promoted anywhere in that document of the Catholic school board.
    But it appears in their fundamental text that defines their belief.

It looks no worse than a lot of stuff in the Koran, but if this was a Muslim school, no doubt you would be calling it racism if someone spoke out against it.
    There you go again, putting words in my mouth after making yet another false assumption. You really are terrible at this whole debate thing.

(I'm a secular humanist, remember?)
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Servicing your husband without question? Are you for real? Where does that come from?
    Ephesians 5:21-25.
    Yes, I have read and heard Ephesians 5 many times. Usually it is read from verse 1-33. The homily that follows from the priest has never mentioned/taught that wives service their husbands at will. The message has always been about the love between husband and wife and the respect they must show each other. I have heard this from many different priests as I have attended many parishes. I cannot speak for other Christian denominations but Catholics do not interpret that as you are implying. In my opinion and lived experience.

^its a little ironic that someone who believes that its fine for good Muslim women to be instructed to have their faces hidden from the sexualizing gaze of men, to be upset at a verse in the bible about respecting and loving each other.

^its a little ironic that someone who believes that its fine for good Muslim women to be instructed to have their faces hidden from the sexualizing gaze of men, to be upset at a verse in the bible about respecting and loving each other.
    If that's what you've gotten from what I've said you're even more brokebrained than I had previously thought. I cannot imagine going through life as ignorantly twisted as you showcase yourself to be in your posts.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

^ a true humanist wouldn't support the oppression of women, whether they be catholic or muslim, but a flavor of the month one will decide based on political correctness / concerns may be called racist if had consistent beliefs - its politically correct today in left circles to criticize the teaching of Catholicism, but its deemed racism if the religious activities being criticized are promoted by Islam.
    Last edited by moahunter; 01-11-2017 at 11:13 AM.

^ a true humanist wouldn't support the oppression of women, whether they be catholic or muslim, but a flavor of the month one will decide based on political correctness / concerns may be called racist if had consistent beliefs - its politically correct today in left circles to criticize the teaching of Catholicism, but its deemed racism if the religious activities being criticized are promoted by Islam.
    Hahaha.

(It's no longer worth the effort to try and correct your misinterpretations & misunderstandings, so I'm just gonna laugh at posts like this where you purport to understand something you obviously don't.)

Servicing your husband without question? Are you for real? Where does that come from?
    Yes, I have read and heard Ephesians 5 many times. Usually it is read from verse 1-33. The homily that follows from the priest has never mentioned/taught that wives service their husbands at will. The message has always been about the love between husband and wife and the respect they must show each other. I have heard this from many different priests as I have attended many parishes. I cannot speak for other Christian denominations but Catholics do not interpret that as you are implying. In my opinion and lived experience.
    Why are you saying never and always? You are just citing your own experience in what you have witnessed in services. In any case why is the defense of the Misogyny contained in several verses in the bible always defended by something like, "Its contained in the bible but that's not what parishioners believe or how its ever talked about within the faith.

Its that nature of obfuscation that is as offputting as the verses. In short, its denial.
    But I understand in advance that faith requires substantial denial.
    Last edited by Replacement; 01-11-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Jesus. Start a thread to go discuss religion and the bible. No pun intended.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Why are you saying never and always? You are just citing your own experience in what you have witnessed in services. In any case why is the defense of the Misogyny contained in several verses in the bible always defended by something like, "Its contained in the bible but that's not what parishioners believe or how its ever talked about within the faith.

Its that nature of obfuscation that is as offputting as the verses. In short, its denial.
    Faith is a personal experience. Maybe you have had a bad experience. I can only speak about what I have seen, heard and lived as a Catholic. I can’t comment on the experience of other Christian denominations as I have not lived it.

It’s your right not to have faith. It’s your right not to practice Catholism. It is your right to be critical. Don’t read the bible if it bothers you. That is the beauty of living in Canada.

Faith is a personal experience. Maybe you have had a bad experience. I can only speak about what I have seen, heard and lived as a Catholic. I can’t comment on the experience of other Christian denominations as I have not lived it.

It’s your right not to have faith. It’s your right not to practice Catholism. It is your right to be critical. Don’t read the bible if it bothers you. That is the beauty of living in Canada.
    Thanks for the reasonable responses. I'll let this one topic die as per Moodibs wish. Reminds me that the one way to have discord is to talk about Religion, Politics, Philosophy, etc. heh
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

So back on the thread topic NDP emailgate now gives the opposition, and UCP party, something reasonable to talk about and criticize. This time new and improved critique and not involving religion. NDP better find those email records stored somewhere. If not how possibly inept and naïve can this ruling party be. Rhetorical question. But if those emails are all gone this is just sheer incompetence on display.
    Last edited by Replacement; 01-11-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodib View Post
    Jesus. Start a thread to go discuss religion and the bible. No pun intended.
    Stick a sock in it. Blame it on Ric Mciver for the direction this went. its completely acceptable that it was going to lead to discussion.

So back on the thread topic NDP emailgate now gives the opposition, and UCP party, something reasonable to talk about and criticize. This time new and improved critique and not involving religion. NDP better find those email records stored somewhere. If not how possibly inept and naïve can this ruling party be. Rhetorical question. But if those emails are all gone this is just sheer incompetence on display.
    Do you think this is more or less ineptitude than the previous government inappropriately shredding over 300 boxes worth of files?

The failures of the past government do not condone the failures of the current government. I expected better.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Do you think this is more or less ineptitude than the previous government inappropriately shredding over 300 boxes worth of files?
    More. The Journal article is pretty damning. I don't think there are close to 800k files in 300 boxes.

I'm willing to bet a lot of it relates to the energy contracts that broken on the basis of NDP changing the law / were settled, the true cost of which has been buried in provincial debt.

i'm willing to bet a lot of it relates to the energy contracts that broken on the basis of ndp changing the law / were settled, the true cost of which has been buried in provincial debt.
    hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahha hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

e: hahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahah (for moahunter's crummy edit, it needed its own laugh).
    Last edited by noodle; 01-11-2017 at 01:55 PM.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    The failures of the past government do not condone the failures of the current government. I expected better.
    I agree. Listening to QP today, your post is very true!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456