Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: President Trump's first foreign trip

Default President Trump's first foreign trip

After two days on the road, White house spokesman says Trump is "exhausted". Not fatigued or tired, exhausted. From the guy his "doctor" said would be the healthiest person to ever hold the office.

A White House official told reporters that President Trump is "exhausted" just three days into his first trip abroad as president.

Trump was expected to say "Islamist extremism" during his speech to Muslim leaders in Saudi Arabia, but instead said "Islamic extremism."

When asked why Trump deviated from the prepared text of his speech, an administration official said Trump is "just an exhausted guy."

After the speech, Trump reportedly canceled his appearance at the Tweeps Forum. Ivanka Trump filled in for her father, speaking to about 400 people at the event.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2623768
    Let's remember what Trump said about Clinton in the debate, shall we?

Donald Trump reiterated his view that Hillary Clinton "doesn't have the stamina" to be president during Monday night's debate.

"She doesn't have the look. She doesn't have the stamina, I said she doesn't have the stamina, and I don't believe she does have the stamina," Trump said.

Clinton responded: "As soon as he travels to 112 countries and negotiates a peace deal, a cease fire, a release of dissidents, an opening of new opportunities in nations around the world, or even spends 11 hours testifying in front of a congressional committee he can talk to me about stamina."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/27/politi...inton-stamina/

Saw Trump's speech.

I was waiting for him to say his trademark phrase “radical Islamic terrorism”. He railed against Obama for not using those words and Trump balked.

Flip flop Trump. Mostly flop...

I
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

If you're keeping score.

The speech President Trump gave in Saudi Arabia was fantastic.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    The speech President Trump gave in Saudi Arabia was fantastic.
    It was! He was very well received in Isreal as well.

I have a question about hats...

Melania refuses to wear a headcovering in Muslim Saudi Arabia
    Trump wears a kippah in Jewish Israel
    Melania and Ivanka wear a black veil when meeting the Catholic Pope

Triple standard?

Please explain?

All three are male dominated religions who put women in second class positions
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

^Protocol. Visiting women don't have to wear headcover in Saudi, but they do to meet the Pope. Actually, the Pope isn't so fussy but the protocol is there and everyone follows it.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

You can't make this stuff up.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
    @realDonaldTrump

Follow
    More
    The new Pope is a humble man, very much like me, which probably explains why I like him so much!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...68924841189376

^ LOL!
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Trump meets European leaders as U.K. cuts off intel sharing over leaks
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...ver-leaks.html
    Manchester police have decided not to share further information with U.S. officials, a sharp rebuke that comes as Trump arrives in Brussels for meetings with European leaders.

BRUSSELS—U.S. President Donald Trump opened meetings with European Union leaders Thursday against the backdrop of striking anger from Britain over intelligence leaks and a decision by Manchester police to withhold information from the United States about the investigation into this week’s bombing.

A British official said Thursday that Manchester police have decided not to share further information on the investigation due to leaks blamed on U.S. officials. The sharp rebuke comes as Trump is in Brussels, a city he once called a hellhole, to address leaders at both the European Union and NATO, a pair of alliances whose necessity he has questioned.

British Prime Minister Theresa May said she plans to discuss the leaks with her American counterpart at the NATO gathering to “make clear to President Trump that intelligence that is shared between our law enforcement agencies must remain secure.”

His trip looked like it went well. The alt left wont think so, but who cares what they think

Everyone lowered their bar on their expectations. Trump did OK so far and kept to the script of the speeches that his people prepared for him. I guess his twit account does not work from there.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 25-05-2017 at 10:39 AM.

^ Thankful for small mercies.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Everyone lowered their bar on their expectations. Trump did OK so far and kept to the script of the speeches that his people prepared for him. I guess his twit account does not work from there.
    Actually, he didn't. Today, after saying that he would, he refused to support Article 5 of the NATO Treaty that says an attack on one member is an attack on all. It's been enacted once, September 11, 2001. Yup, Trump won't say if he;ll come to the aid of a NATO member that's attacked.

Speaking in front of a 9/11 and Article 5 Memorial at the new NATO headquarters, Trump praised NATO’s response to the 9/11 attacks and spoke of “the commitments that bind us together as one.”

But he did not specifically commit to honor Article 5, which stipulates that other NATO allies must come to the aid of an ally under attack if it is invoked.

---

The New York Times reported on Wednesday evening that Trump would use the speech to finally endorse Article 5. Though top members of his administration, including Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Vice President Mike Pence have done so, Trump’s refusal has shaken NATO allies.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...icle-5/528129/

It's like he doesn't understand that people are actually writing down things that he says.

‘You were my guy!’: Trump insists he backed Macron for French president — despite championing Le Pen

"Just days before the first round of the French presidential election, Trump frequently championed Le Pen as the “strongest on borders, and she’s the strongest on what’s been going on in France.”

“Whoever is the toughest on radical Islamic terrorism, and whoever is the toughest at the borders, will do well in the election,” Trump said during an April interview with the Associated Press."

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/you-...ioning-le-pen/

And he continues to make friends everywhere he goes.
    Trump tries this and the EU, not just Germany will say "OK, no more American cars in Europe"

"In a discussion about the country’s trade surplus, Trump said “The Germans are evil, very evil.”

“Look at the millions of cars they sell in the US, and we’ll stop that,” sources told Der Spiegel

According to the report, EU Commissioner Jean-Claude Juncker took up for Germany explaining that “free trade is good for all.”

According to a report from the “Süddeutsche Zeitung,” the EU allies were horrified by the willingness of the Americans to view global trade with such a lack of awareness. Trump’s economic consultant Gary Cohn was said to have chided German auto trade during a discussion between the US and Germany and the USA and Belgium. Trump had previously attacked them during another conversation."

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/the-...r-sales-to-us/
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 25-05-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Outta my way. Trump coming through.

America👌 first ☝️
    America👌 first ☝️

Prime Minister of Montenegro. In Trumps defence, he probably doesn't even know it exists or where it's located.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Prime Minister of Montenegro. In Trumps defence, he probably doesn't even know it exists or where it's located.
    And it has "negro" in its name.

Pompous Ugly Americanism at it's finest.

Montenegro: Tiny country, formerly oppressed by despots, now joining NATO after the Russians unsuccessfully tried to pooch their election.
    USA: Large country, recently oppressed by a wannabe despot, threatening to pull out of NATO after the Russians successfully tried to pooch their election.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post

America first ☝️
    America first ☝️

America first ☝️
    America first ☝️

Classic.

Gotta love The Don.

^As amusing as it is to listen and watch Trumps buffoonery and jackassery that is just plain ignorant.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

as much as it makes me smile to watch this, i'm pretty sure it's a spoof. there's two inches of shirt cuff showing during the "hand-holding attempt" and none showing before or after...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

^...........and were is the papal ring.

Too bad that Trump didn't push Trudeau. Justin would have gone all 'Jean Chretin' on him.

^Oh, give over. Tater Tot would have fainted.

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    as much as it makes me smile to watch this, i'm pretty sure it's a spoof. there's two inches of shirt cuff showing during the "hand-holding attempt" and none showing before or after...
    Ha ha, very funny. Maybe he's trying to make Melania jealous. I bet something she never expects Donald to say to her "Honey, I'm leaving you for an older man".

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    ^Oh, give over. Tater Tot would have fainted.
    Would you step into a boxing ring with him?

^No, I'm real particular about the company I keep.

Too bad that Trump didn't push Trudeau. Justin would have gone all 'Jean Chretin' on him.

You sure don't mess with the "Shawinigan strangler", but I am guessing Justin would let it go. Donald's foreign trip was going fairly good (at least by his standards) up until this point - oh well. As they say, you can dress him up, but you can't take him out. I'm kind of guessing he is a bit of a hazard at meal times too, so hopefully no buffet line at the NATO or G7 meetings. We don't want him fighting the Japanese PM for the last shrimp.

Bull in a China shop comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    this is 100% spoof and is a play on melania rejection of trumps hand advances the other day

Bull in a China shop comes to mind.
    Bully in Brussels?

First Lady sought special permission from the Pope to visit kids' hospital. While there she signed bandages and spoke to them in Italian.

http://archive.is/ImE4I

While In Israel, President Trump Visited 14-Year-Old Girl With Cancer Who Dreamed Of Meeting Him:

http://archive.is/mzuaG

First Lady sought special permission from the Pope to visit kids' hospital. While there she signed bandages and spoke to them in Italian.

She reportedly told them "Be glad you don't live in America or my husband would take away your health care."

She reportedly told them "Be glad you don't live in America or my husband would take away your health care."
    Italy's healthcare system is ranked by the WHO as #2 in the World. Canada #30, United States #37
    http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian...ealth-systems/

Italy's healthcare system is ranked by the WHO as #2 in the World. Canada #30, United States #37
    http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian...ealth-systems/
    Well, in 2000 it was...

This is a nice story. She seems to be quite protective of Baron, and this was probably genuine and not just a PR stunt.

Ramadan 2017: Donald Trump issues statement mentioning terrorism in almost every sentence
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7758301.html
    Donald Trump has issued his first statement commemorating Ramadan as president, and fit mentions of terrorism into nearly half of it.

Mr Trump, who started his first foreign trip in a Muslim country, wished “all Muslims a joyful Ramadan,” and said that “the spirit of Ramadan strengthens awareness of our shared obligation to reject violence, to pursue peace, and to give to those in need who are suffering from poverty or conflict." He also noted that Ramadan was starting at a time when the world "mourns the innocent victims of barbaric terrorist attacks in the United Kingdom and Egypt, acts of depravity that are directly contrary to the spirit of Ramadan."

Here’s Mr Trump's whole statement.

On behalf of the American people, I would like to wish all Muslims a joyful Ramadan.
    During this month of fasting from dawn to dusk, many Muslims in America and around the world will find meaning and inspiration in acts of charity and meditation that strengthen our communities. At its core, the spirit of Ramadan strengthens awareness of our shared obligation to reject violence, to pursue peace, and to give to those in need who are suffering from poverty or conflict.
    This year, the holiday begins as the world mourns the innocent victims of barbaric terrorist attacks in the United Kingdom and Egypt, acts of depravity that are directly contrary to the spirit of Ramadan. Such acts only steel our resolve to defeat the terrorists and their perverted ideology.
    On my recent visit to Saudi Arabia, I had the honour of meeting with the leaders of more than 50 Muslim nations. There, in the land of the two holiest sites in the Muslim world, we gathered to deliver together an emphatic message of partnership for the sake of peace, security, and prosperity for our countries and for the world.
    I reiterate my message delivered in Riyadh: America will always stand with our partners against terrorism and the ideology that fuels it. During this month of Ramadan, let us be resolved to spare no measure so that we may ensure that future generations will be free of this scourge and able to worship and commune in peace.
    I extend my best wishes to Muslims everywhere for a blessed month as you observe the Ramadan traditions of charity, fasting, and prayer.
    May God bless you and your families.

Ramadan 2017: Donald Trump issues statement mentioning terrorism in almost every sentence
    Donald Trump has issued his first statement commemorating Ramadan as president, and fit mentions of terrorism into nearly half of it.
    This is Steve Bannon's influence: he's been alarmed about Islamic terror for decades. PBS Frontline has an episode called "Bannon's War" (unfortunately not streamable outside the US) about Bannon's career all the way up to after CPAC butting heads with Kushner.

^ watched that frontline. Very telling, very scary.

What is really scary is that Bannon is justt the tip of the iceberg. There are millions of people with the same crazy ideas in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    This is Steve Bannon's influence: he's been alarmed about Islamic terror for decades. PBS Frontline has an episode called "Bannon's War" (unfortunately not streamable outside the US) about Bannon's career all the way up to after CPAC butting heads with Kushner.

Happy Ramadan, everybody:

Gunmen opened fire on two buses and a truck carrying Coptic Christians in Minya, Egypt on Friday, killing at least 28, including children. Some 24 people were also injured in the attack.
    https://www.rt.com/news/389798-egypt...stians-killed/

Happy Ramadan indeed....

But it was "accidental" so it's perfectly OK then.

US-led strike kills scores of family members of Islamic State fighters in Syria

Early Friday, at least 80 relatives of IS fighters were killed in US-led coalition bombardment, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

“The toll includes 33 children. They were families seeking refuge in the town’s municipal building,” said Observatory head Rami Abdel Rahman.

“This is the highest toll for relatives of IS members in Syria,” he told AFP.

Coalition strikes on the town killed 37 civilians on Thursday night after 15 had been killed on Wednesday, according to the Britain-based Observatory.

---

The 68-member coalition began bombing IS in Iraq in the summer of 2014, and expanded operations to Syria on September 23 that year.

On Thursday, a Pentagon investigation concluded that at least 105 civilians died in an anti-jihadist air strike on an IS weapons cache in Mosul in March.

Before the new revelation, the US military had said coalition air strikes in Iraq and Syria had “unintentionally” killed 352 civilians since 2014.

Rights groups put the number much higher, and the Observatory this week reported the highest monthly civilian death toll for the coalition’s operations in Syria.

It said between April 23 and May 23, coalition strikes killed 225 civilians in Syria, including dozens of children.

Reports of civilian casualties in the air campaign have swelled in recent days.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/us-l...JaLlI.facebook

Yeah, forget buses full of people getting deliberately slaughtered going to church. What about those poor, poor ISIS fighters and the people harboring them?

You honestly think that these civilians weren't deliberately targeted?

“The toll includes 33 children. They were families seeking refuge in the town’s municipal building,”
    Just like when the American Air Force deliberately targeted an Doctor's Without Borders hospital. Lied about it. Lied some more. Blamed Afghanistan. Lied some more.

And people burned to death while unconscious on an operating table. And nobody in or involved with the hospital was ISIS or Al Quaida or Taliban.

Yeah, screw them.

Why did Obama bomb that hospital anyway?

Yeah, forget buses full of people getting deliberately slaughtered going to church. What about those poor, poor ISIS fighters and the people harboring them?
    You mean the countries that Trump does not want to ban?

You mean the countries that Trump does not want to ban?
    There is an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth madness that seems to pervade much of the middle east now. We in the west would be smarter not to jump into it too eagerly. We aren't going to "solve" their problems for them - we will only get blamed for making it worse. Only when these countries realize the stupidity of it all will it stop.

Why did Obama bomb that hospital anyway?
    You mean the guy that apologized for it?

Obama Issues Rare Apology Over Bombing of Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Afghanistan

WASHINGTON — President Obama personally apologized on Wednesday to the head of Doctors Without Borders for what he described as the mistaken bombing of its field hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan, promising a full investigation into the episode, which took the lives of nearly two dozen doctors and patients.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/w...ital.html?_r=0
    As opposed to the guy that made this policy statement.

Donald Trump Says He'd 'Take Out' Terrorists' Families

"I would knock the hell out of ISIS... [and] when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families," the Republican presidential candidate said on Fox & Friends.

http://time.com/4132368/donald-trump-isis-bombing/
    So you have on one hand a President who can admit when a mistake has been made and one who is accomplishing exactly what he said he'd do, targeting civilians. And you're supporting the guy deliberately going after civilians.

C2E Continued Contributor

Trump tries this and the EU, not just Germany will say "OK, no more American cars in Europe"

"In a discussion about the country’s trade surplus, Trump said “The Germans are evil, very evil.”

“Look at the millions of cars they sell in the US, and we’ll stop that,” sources told Der Spiegel

According to the report, EU Commissioner Jean-Claude Juncker took up for Germany explaining that “free trade is good for all.”

According to a report from the “Süddeutsche Zeitung,” the EU allies were horrified by the willingness of the Americans to view global trade with such a lack of awareness. Trump’s economic consultant Gary Cohn was said to have chided German auto trade during a discussion between the US and Germany and the USA and Belgium. Trump had previously attacked them during another conversation."

....What. Does he not realize how many German car manufacturing plants there are in the states? Wouldn't be surprised if theres more Americans employed by German car manufacturers than the amount employed in the coal industry he's so desperate to save, seeing as there are less than 100,000 of those.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post

....What. Does he not realize how many German car manufacturing plants there are in the states? Wouldn't be surprised if theres more Americans employed by German car manufacturers than the amount employed in the coal industry he's so desperate to save, seeing as there are less than 100,000 of those.
    I think there were some in the US government who thought that having the President get out and see foreign places and talk to other countries might broaden his mind and help build relations. However, I don't think it has helped relations with friends and allies, if anything it may have made them worse. Maybe it would have been better after all if he had just stayed at home or went to Florida to golf.

He doesn't even realize that he can't do a trade deal with Germany, that he has to deal with the EU.

Angela Merkel reportedly had to explain the 'fundamentals' of EU trade to Trump 11 times

President Trump did not understand that the US cannot negotiate a trade deal with Germany alone and must deal with the European Union as a bloc, a senior German official told The Times of London.

"Ten times Trump asked [German chancellor Angela Merkel] if he could negotiate a trade deal with Germany. Every time she replied, 'You can’t do a trade deal with Germany, only the EU,'" the official said.

They continued: "On the eleventh refusal, Trump finally got the message, 'Oh, we’ll do a deal with Europe then.'"

Merkel reportedly told her cabinet members that Trump had "very basic misunderstandings" on the "fundamentals" of the EU and trade.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...many-eu-2017-4

If Trump had stayed home and played golf. This week would have been better for him.

If Trump stayed home and not run for President. The World would have been better off for everyone.

I love that nobody is paying much attention to JT, he's on the outside looking in.

C2E SME

You honestly think that these civilians weren't deliberately targeted?

“The toll includes 33 children. They were families seeking refuge in the town’s municipal building,”
    Just like when the American Air Force deliberately targeted an Doctor's Without Borders hospital. Lied about it. Lied some more. Blamed Afghanistan. Lied some more.

And people burned to death while unconscious on an operating table. And nobody in or involved with the hospital was ISIS or Al Quaida or Taliban.

Yeah, screw them.
    Intent matters when weighing moral culpability. The attackers in Egypt and Manchester had every intent of killing innocent people, and specifically children. That is absolutely not the case when the US military accidentally targets civilians, whether that be because of bad intel, broken bureaucracy, or what have you. That doesn't absolve the US, it's military, or individuals involved. But equivocating between the two is intellectually bankrupt to an extreme degree.
    Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 26-05-2017 at 09:35 PM.

I'm sure that it makes the families of the dead feel so much better.

And what about the civilians being bombed in Syria by coalition forces? More are being killed every day which is precisely what Donald Trump said he was going to do. Where's the moral culpability there?

C2E SME

I'm not saying that the US's actions in the "war on terror" are perfect. In fact, it's just the opposite. But again, equivocating ISIS and the US shows you are no less ideologically blinded than MrOilers. It's actually quite ironic how the far left and right have gone so far around the bend, they've met each other on the far side of it. It used to be primarily the far left and people like Chomsky who suffered from this moral blindness. But now we've got Trump equivocating the US and Russia, and guys like MrOilers backing him up. It's a shame really.
    Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 27-05-2017 at 02:39 PM.

You're ignoring the fact that the US now has a Commander in Chief who has said that he will specifically target civilians. The previous problem with the US military was that they were so focused on one target, they turned civilians into targets, however inadvertently. But as The War on Impersonal Noun goes on and on, they're frustrated that their actions don't seem to be working like they thought they would. Their solution, double down and bomb some more. They are so fixated on the perception that dead American Solders would bring, they're relying almost entirely on long distance airstrikes and drones, not wanting to have the images of flag draped coffins on the evening news.

The problem is that bombs are remarkably inexact, even "precision guided munitions". They can go off course, they can hit the wrong target or they could simply be aimed due to incorrect intelligence. And when that happens, people die. But, they're not Americans so there's no running body count on the supper hour news like there was for American solders during Iraq and Afghanistan. Roughly 5,000 dead American solders in a tally box in the corner of the screen but almost noting at all about the hundreds of thousands of civilians killed, maimed or wounded.

That's the thing. It's not that they deliberately target civilians, at least not until now. It's that they kill more people than the terrorists do. It would be like them dropping a bomb onto the arena in Manchester to take out the bomber and then wring off the dead as collateral damage.

Melania Trump seemed to be a hit on this overseas trip. She seems to keep a low profile as far as the politicking goes. Not like some presidents wives who seem to think people want to listen to their political leanings. While they have very little clout they seem to think that people are entitled to their opinion weather they want to hear it or not.

Melania Trump seemed to be a hit on this overseas trip. She seems to keep a low profile as far as the politicking goes. Not like some presidents wives who seem to think people want to listen to their political leanings. While they have very little clout they seem to think that people are entitled to their opinion weather they want to hear it or not.
    It's amazing that First Ladies get any attention. They should be left at home. They weren't on the ballot.

Margaret Thatcher and her husband serve as a proper example. That guy was invisible.

Thatcher - British. Trumps - American. Spot the difference. Americans have been real interested in the first lady since Jackie O hit the W H. Now it's like FLOTUS garners her own fan club. Yes, how very forward thinking of you to want the first lady to stay at home. You should run that by your better half (if you have one).

Eleanor Roosevelt was a major personality as well. Jackie O had a lot of attention for the Kennedy Camelot vibe as well as being the widow of JFK after his assassination.

Melania got a lot of attention with her double "I don't want to hold your hand". Also, she's been pretty much inviable before now. This was the longest people have seen her with Trump since the inauguration.

FLOTUS said she was going to spend most of her time in NY until Baron finished his school year. It seems at the weekend she goes to Mar-a-lago or the W H.
    She probably spends more time with Trump than a wife of a business person always on the road or a soldier/sailor or even our oil/gas workers or lots of other couple where one of them has to work away.

Melania Trump seemed to be a hit on this overseas trip.
    She spoke in french to Macron and his wife, Italian to the Pope, and German to Angela Merkel. How many wives of US presidents have been able to do that?
    Last edited by MrOilers; 27-05-2017 at 10:42 PM.

I don't think she gets as much credit as she deserves. I get the impression that she wants to be in the background as much as possible but I don't think she will sit back idly. Probably a lot of what she does will be low key and she will not seek publicity for it. Not like some FLOTUS with their 'look at me look at me' approach.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    It's amazing that First Ladies get any attention. They should be left at home. They weren't on the ballot.

Margaret Thatcher and her husband serve as a proper example. That guy was invisible.
    It's a US thing and it is somewhat sexist. Spouses in other countries do not usually get the same level of attention, particularly when the leader is a woman and the spouse is a man.

However, the spouses may have more clout than is apparent. Often they may be the first person the president speaks to in the day and the last one at night. It is true they were not on the ballot so I agree, I would rather they be a bit more in the background or at least have a more informal rather than a formal role. I think to some extent it depends on the personality of the First Lady as to how visible she is comfortable being. Usually if they are more visible, it is supporting their spouses agenda in some way and not their own political views.

Here is a video of the top highlight of Trump's trip.

At the G7 Summit, telling the globalist Prime Minister of Italy what he really thinks of his suggestions: https://youtu.be/ySQMvxhN3zs?t=462
    Last edited by MrOilers; 27-05-2017 at 11:32 PM.

She spoke in french to Macron and his wife, Italian to the Pope, and German to Angela Merkel. How many wives of US presidents have been able to do that?
    Most Europeans speak multiple languages, often 4 or 5. Even in the US you find many people who speak Spanish, English and other languages. In Toronto there are many trilingual people. In Montreal I met a restaurateur who owned a Portuguese restaurant who spoke English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, German, a bit of Arabic, Turkish and of course he was fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese as well. He was born in Macau.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Jackie Kennedy speaking French

Jackie Kennedy speaking Spanish

I believe she spoke Italian as well, but no videos came up on You Tube.

I imagine Jackie O spoke Greek, as well.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Most Europeans speak multiple languages, often 4 or 5. Even in the US you find many people who speak Spanish, English and other languages. In Toronto there are many trilingual people. In Montreal I met a restaurateur who owned a Portuguese restaurant who spoke English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, German, a bit of Arabic, Turkish and of course he was fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese as well. He was born in Macau.
    Yeah, I know a Canadian who speaks Canadian but can do a real good Texan accent. They also know how to lace shoes and do a mean samba when their pizzed. I'm just pointing this out as it seems you will go to great lengths to discredit the Trumps. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    Jackie Kennedy speaking French

Jackie Kennedy speaking Spanish

I believe she spoke Italian as well, but no videos came up on You Tube.
    It's true. It's one of the reasons Melania is compared to Jackie Kennedy so often.

Here is a video of the top highlight of Trump's trip.

At the G7 Summit, telling the globalist Prime Minister of Italy what he really thinks of his suggestions: https://youtu.be/ySQMvxhN3zs?t=462
    Do you mean not putting his translating headphones on or running a hopper finger through his hair.

She spoke in French to Macron and his wife, Italian to the Pope, and German to Angela Merkel. How many wives of US presidents have been able to do that?

I'm not sure, but Mrs O didn't speak other languages did she?

C2E SME

Numerous first wives have been at least bilingual, dating back to the earliest Presidents. Elizabeth Monroe, Louisa Adams, Lou Coolidge, Jackie Kennedy, and Pat Nixon all spoke at least one or two languages other than English.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones
    Do you mean not putting his translating headphones on or running a hopper finger through his hair.

I believe he was referring to Trump using his middle finger to swipe his eyebrows. Whether Trump intended anything by that or not, it is a wonderful demonstration of MrOilers' small-mindedness that he thinks that is something to be admired or celebrated.

Shame Obamas wife didn't know a second language, but them she'd of taken the spotlight off of him, which he.just.loved.

As if Trump...

your feeble attempts of deflection are so laughable, it is sad...

BTW, the Obama's has retired months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    I believe he was referring to Trump using his middle finger to swipe his eyebrows. Whether Trump intended anything by that or not, it is a wonderful demonstration of MrOilers' small-mindedness that he thinks that is something to be admired or celebrated.
    Can you liberals carry on a discussion without throwing a personal insult every 3 posts you make?

Thank you in advance.

Posters keep bringing up Harper , I will do the same with Obama I couldn't stand the man.
    BTW You may think you can tell people what to post,you cant and you look like the ***** obsessed with Trump and that's all you look!

As if Trump...

Harper who?

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers
    Can you liberals carry on a discussion without throwing a personal insult every 3 posts you make?Thank you in advance.
    Dude, you were celebrating Trump seemingly giving another world leader the finger. What kind of response do you expect? And by the way, the definition fits your comment about it perfectly:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/small-minded

"typical of a small-minded person : marked by pettiness, narrowness, or meanness "

Harper who?
    The one in Trudeaus thread and now Scheers, and PM Harper has been gone longer than Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Dude, you were celebrating Trump seemingly giving another world leader the finger.
    Where did you get the idea that I "celebrate" it?

I've never personally attacked you, yet you can't help yourself but insult people when confronted with someone who holds different opinions than your own. You call me a name or attack with a condescending attitude almost any time you respond to something I say.

Honestly, what the hell is your problem?

As if Trump...

One could say that about your feeble attempts to discredit Trump and his entourage at every opportunity is on the same lines. If Trump donated 10 million to charity and saved 5 people from a burning building you would still bend over backwards to discredit it. One of your post saying most Europeans speak multiply languages is laughable. Although Brits are not most Europeans some of them can hardly speak their own English never mind other languages. As for the rest of Europe. Well they will more than likely speak English as their second language but for the majority of them that will be it. How many languages do you speak apart from English and bullchit?.

As if Trump...

One could say that about your feeble attempts to discredit Trump and his entourage at every opportunity is on the same lines. If Trump donated 10 million to charity and saved 5 people from a burning building you would still bend over backwards to discredit it. One of your post saying most Europeans speak multiply languages is laughable. Although Brits are not most Europeans some of them can hardly speak their own English never mind other languages. As for the rest of Europe. Well they will more than likely speak English as their second language but for the majority of them that will be it. How many languages do you speak apart from English and bullchit?.
    The latter he speaks extremely well, ad nauseum.

World leaders are taken aback by Trumps outright honesty. For sure he is not politically correct but is that such a bad thing. Politicians pussy footing around major world issues and getting nothing done because they don't want to appear politically incorrect. It's about time someone started calling a spade a spade and calling people out for the duplicity. If your dealing with terrorists call it for what it is. Don't avoid certain words because it might offend people who are committing atrocities.
    Don't avoid calling certain leaders despots if they are despots. How many times do world leaders meet every year at one summit or another. Jet setting all over the world, rubbing shoulders with questionable elites, staying at the best hotels, eating fabulous food and yet the world is still in a mess. Most of those summits are just an excuse for a holiday and a pi*s up on the taxpayers dimes. If these summits did any good the world would not be in a constant state of war and mayhem. If Trump wants to point that out to them then it's fine with me.

World leaders are taken aback by Trumps outright honesty. For sure he is not politically correct but is that such a bad thing. Politicians pussy footing around major world issues and getting nothing done because they don't want to appear politically incorrect. It's about time someone started calling a spade a spade and calling people out for the duplicity. If your dealing with terrorists call it for what it is. Don't avoid certain words because it might offend people who are committing atrocities.
    Don't avoid calling certain leaders despots if they are despots. How many times do world leaders meet every year at one summit or another. Jet setting all over the world, rubbing shoulders with questionable elites, staying at the best hotels, eating fabulous food and yet the world is still in a mess. Most of those summits are just an excuse for a holiday and a pi*s up on the taxpayers dimes. If these summits did any good the world would not be in a constant state of war and mayhem. If Trump wants to point that out to them then it's fine with me.

Nice sentiments but don't expect anything to change. Calling a spade a spade when everyone knows it's a spade is a meaningless gesture.

It's like calling out bull **** like this below. It wouldn't matter that he's just spinning a potentially treasonous act - he holds the power now. If some unelected Joe takes his word for it and tries to establish their own off the grid back communications channel with some hostile country, power or group, say ISIS leadership, just watch them drag there asses into court and then off to jail.

DHS Secretary: A Backchannel Between Trump And Russia ‘Not A Bad Thing’
    “It’s normal, in my opinion, and acceptable,” Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly said amid the growing scandal.
    By Marina Fang

“Any way that you can communicate with people, particularly organizations that are maybe not particularly friendly to us, is a good thing,” Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly told ABC’s Martha Raddatz. “It’s not a bad thing to have multiple communication lines to any government.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0065b20b7082a

^Have to agree that having secret communications with countries is not a good idea. Then again, I bet it happens more often then we know with different governments across the whole political spectrum. It also circles back to calling a spade a spade. What politicians say in public and to the media may be different to what they say in private. What they have to say to the public to appease them may not be what is said in the back rooms. Politicians have an image to uphold, a public persona, an expectation that they are on the up and up. Trump does not care what his persona is. What you see is what you get. He said he would do politics differently and so far he has not disappointed. If back room deals get this world to a more peaceful place they may not be such a bad idea.

Laughable. Trump flip flops so often what exactly is "Trumps outright honesty". when it changes?

You also stated that Trump does not "
    avoid calling certain leaders despots if they are despots." and " dealing with terrorists call it for what it is" So when did Trump call the Saudis despots, especially for beheading people for minor crimes and supporting terrorists.

Your ramble is just spin doctoring and alternative facts.

Does Trump hold his tongue because he has business interests with the Saudis and in the region?

Qatar Airways: The state-owned flag carrier of Qatar, a constitutional monarchy ruled by Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, has had a “corporate campus” in the Trump Tower on 5th Avenue in Manhattan since at least 2008. While details of the Qatar Airways lease were not immediately available, offices for rent in the building start at about $19,000 a month and can go above $100,000 a month. Qatar considers Islam the official religion and Sharia law the principal source of its legislation.

When Qatar launched flights to New York in 2007, Trump and his wife Melanie were guests at a star-studded party at Lincoln center, where they goofed around with Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker on the red carpet:

Saudi princes: Prince Mutaib bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, a former minister in the Saudi government, and member of the Saudi royal family, reportedly lives in a floor-through Trump Tower apartment. Other former Trump property tenants include Prince Nawaf bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, a Saudi royal family member who owned a 10,500 sq. foot (975 sq. meter) condo at the Heritage at Trump Place that went on sale this year for $48.5 million.Prince Alwaleed’s buyouts

When Trump’s businesses empire crumbled in the 1990s, the high profile Saudi prince, known for investments from Citigroup to Hyundai, agreed to take majority control of New York’s Plaza hotel, giving Trump “more breathing room with bank creditors,” as The New York Times wrote in 1995. Four years earlier, Alwaleed purchased Trump’s nearly 300 foot yacht for $18 million as his Atlantic City casinos struggled.
    https://qz.com/568178/donald-trump-o...ortune-to-wea/

^Who mentioned the Saudi's except you. Do you have comprehension problems or do you just like to interject things you would like other people to say but actually did not. Then you post pictures of Trump with Saudi's. Please, take a break from posting in regards to Trump. It's obvious at this stage the Trump admin has you not knowing weather you should buy a horse or join the Army. It's not healthy to have such a fascination with this administration or to find fault with everything it does, warranted or not.

No, you mentioned despots and terrorists in a sweeping generalization. Ignoring the Saudis is exactly what you are turning a blind eye towards.

Are you suggesting that your original statement has an Saudi exclusion clause?

I guess that Trump gives them a pass if they give him money or sign $100 Billion arms deals, correct?
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 29-05-2017 at 03:15 PM.

^Who mentioned the Saudi's except you. Do you have comprehension problems or do you just like to interject things you would like other people to say but actually did not. Then you post pictures of Trump with Saudi's. Please, take a break from posting in regards to Trump. It's obvious at this stage the Trump admin has you not knowing weather you should buy a horse or join the Army. It's not healthy to have such a fascination with this administration or to find fault with everything it does, warranted or not.

OMG, you are funny!! LOL

No, you mentioned despots and terrorists in a sweeping generalization. Ignoring the Saudis is exactly what you are turning a blind eye towards.

Are you suggesting that your original statement has an Saudi exclusion clause?

I guess that Trump gives them a pass if they give him money or sign $100 Billion arms deals, correct?
    Well no actually. I was thinking more of North Korea and the African Continent where people are absolutely brainwashed and scared. You brought in the Saudis then try to imply I meant them as well because of 'sweeping generalization'. Well, there you go again injecting something that some one did not say. The sweeping generalization was yours and yours alone along with the unnecessary pictures.

You made a sweeping generalization. Next time be more specific in your comments

^You have Trump Derangement Syndrome. Get help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast