Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 1392

Thread: Trump on immigration, big beautiful walls, etc

C2E SME

Except the majority of the people you direct them at are not even on the left. The only thing about your posts that makes me uncomfortable is your rampant intellectual dishonesty.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    I will point out that you started the whole lefty comments in the original thread on Trump.

No, I cannot take credit for inventing "lefty comments".

I do post facts that make many people on the political left uncomfortable, though.
    You actually don't post facts. You've been proven wrong on here so many times, I think we've all lost count. What you post is stuff you source from other places, and don't attribute your sources so they can't be checked up on. You repeatedly fail to source the photos you post on here, despite the forum having a photo attribution policy.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

His only stated goal is to make people uncomfortable. Sort of a forum torture with no interest in the normal goals of torture, that is to find the truth. So instead of torture to get information, MrAltReich simply is a social deviant who takes pleasure in creating anarchy and pain upon others for his warped need for attention and pleasure. His constant appetite to feed his ego is exercised by a need to feel superior to others and 'gotcha games' in a poorly thought out brinkmanship strategy where he vainly believes that others will not fact check or recall his previous lies, contradictions and unethical statements.

Similar traits can be found in individuals with narcissist and empathy deficit disorders, borderline personality disorders and schizotypal personality disorders.

Seek medical attention in earnest.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 15-11-2017 at 10:54 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

“Walk toward the fire. Don’t worry about what they call you. All those things are said against you because they want to stop you in your tracks. But if you keep going, you’re sending a message to people who are rooting for you, who are agreeing with you. The message is that they can do it, too.”

― Andrew Breitbart
    He was right. A man ahead of his time.

well that just about sums up everything MrOilers. He wants to see the world burn, and doesn't care about the consequences.

MrAltReich Resume

Career Objective:
    Windmill Tilter

Experience:

Trump supporter and Chief propagandist
    Russian stooge
    Disseminator of fake news and false statements
    Whataboutism Instructor
    Victim Assailant and Shape Shifter, fully able to attack and them cry that "I am being attacked"
    Fully able to rationalize fake conspiracies and able to run away from facts and then hide, only to repeat the same.

Languages:
    English
    Russian (fluent)
    Doublespeak

Favorite Activities and Hobbies:
    Making people uncomfortable
    Knocking down sandcastles
    Keying cars in parking lots
    Breaking windows to stimulate the economy
    Poisoning wells
    Cherry picking
    Meeting girls in shopping malls
    Torch wielding, night marches
    Trolling and flamebaiting on the C2E Forum
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 16-11-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Default Supreme Court allows Trump travel ban to take full effect

As many of us predicted, once it got past some partisan left wing courts on the US west coast, it got upheld:

The US Supreme Court has ruled President Donald Trump's travel ban on six mainly Muslim countries can go fully into effect.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42231806

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    As many of us predicted, once it got past some partisan left wing courts on the US west coast, it got upheld:

The US Supreme Court has ruled President Donald Trump's travel ban on six mainly Muslim countries can go fully into effect.

Yup, true moa..we knew.

"But the directive against travellers from Chad, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen still faces legal challenges."

^wanna bet on those? 7 out of 9 Judges - i.e. Democrat appointed Judges rules in his favor as well.

What are we betting on?

It hasn't been upheld. It's being allowed to go into effect while it's being litigated. But Moa isn't interested in actual facts.

The Supreme Court on Monday allowed the third version of President Trump’s oft-litigated travel ban to go into full effect while lower courts continue to hear challenges to its legality.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...n-for-now.html
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 04-12-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Remind me again why Saudi Arabia isn't on the list of countries Trump has banned?
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Last edited by kkozoriz; 04-12-2017 at 11:39 PM.

That's super odd, considering this...

Egypt
    Mohamed Atta

Lebanon
    Ziad Jarrah

Saudi Arabia
    Ahmed al Ghamdi
    Hamza al Ghamdi
    Saeed al Ghamdi
    Hani Hanjour
    Nawaf al Hazmi
    Salem al Hazmi
    Ahmad al Haznawi
    Ahmed al Nami
    Khalid al Mihdhar
    Majed Moqed
    Abdul Aziz al Omari
    Mohand al Shehri
    Wail al Shehri
    Waleed al Shehri
    Satam al Suqami

United Arab Emirates
    Fayez Banihammad
    Marwan al Shehhi

My memory may be failing me, but I think those are real terrorists that killed a lot of people in the US. Crazy that Trump wouldn't ban any of those countries in the name of security...

^ ^^Wow, gotta say there you must have one fabulous memory if you can remember all those names and countries without a source Gord.
    Then the post above yours provides a map without a source. If you did that map yourself you should mention it so we can compliment you on it.
    Is it going to be an on-going thing that people are going to post without providing the source of their findings or are we to believe you are a lot smarter than you actually credit yourselves for.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Yeah, there's no such thing as a Christian terrorist.

A Florida Man Was Arrested After Allegedly Planning A Mass Shooting At A Mosque
    The 69-year-old was arrested on suspicion of a weapons charge after authorities were tipped off about his alleged desire to kill Muslims.

In one conversation, the detective and Bolatete drove past the mosque on their way to the firing range. Bolatete said he expected bad news about his remaining kidney at an upcoming doctor's appointment and would then go to the mosque to kill worshippers, according to a transcript of the conversation in court documents:

"I have to bring my ... my long guns there and uh, stay at that, uh, tower. Keep shooting those Muslims, you know, on Friday. (laughing)"

Bolatete revealed he had considered how to access the minaret at the Islamic center, the documents said. And he told the detective he had five rifles.

"So we'll try ... we will try a Christian doing uh, terroristic [sic] act this time, hum, to the Muslims the, they [laughing] they doing it all the time. You know?" he said, according to the court records.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoer...91#.kvj128939m

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    That's super odd, considering this...

Egypt
    Mohamed Atta

Lebanon
    Ziad Jarrah

Saudi Arabia
    Ahmed al Ghamdi
    Hamza al Ghamdi
    Saeed al Ghamdi
    Hani Hanjour
    Nawaf al Hazmi
    Salem al Hazmi
    Ahmad al Haznawi
    Ahmed al Nami
    Khalid al Mihdhar
    Majed Moqed
    Abdul Aziz al Omari
    Mohand al Shehri
    Wail al Shehri
    Waleed al Shehri
    Satam al Suqami

United Arab Emirates
    Fayez Banihammad
    Marwan al Shehhi

My memory may be failing me, but I think those are real terrorists that killed a lot of people in the US. Crazy that Trump wouldn't ban any of those countries in the name of security...
    You forgot Osama bin Laden, Saudi Arabia

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 05-12-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    ^ ^^Wow, gotta say there you must have one fabulous memory if you can remember all those names and countries without a source Gord.
    Then the post above yours provides a map without a source. If you did that map yourself you should mention it so we can compliment you on it.
    Is it going to be an on-going thing that people are going to post without providing the source of their findings or are we to believe you are a lot smarter than you actually credit yourselves for.
    Google "9-11 terrorist countries" and you can find the list, but here's the source:
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/27/us/sep...cts/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Yeah, there's no such thing as a Christian terrorist.
    Congrats - you found one!

In a frantic series of calls, the leaders of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, the European Union, France, Germany and Turkey all warned Trump against the move.

Pope Francis called for Jerusalem’s status quo to be respected, saying new tension would further inflame world conflicts.

China and Russia
    expressed concern the plans could aggravate Middle East hostilities.

A Palestinian envoy said the decision was a declaration of war in the Middle East.

French president Emmanuel Macron agreed with the UN in saying the status of Jerusalem must be determined during negotiations between Palestinians and Israelis.
    President Macron branded the decision 'regrettable', calling for efforts to 'avoid violence at all costs'.

A Turkish government spokesman said the decision was 'irresponsible' and illegal.
    Jordan and the Palestinians also called for an emergency meeting of the Arab League in Cairo, with a diplomatic source saying it was likely to be convened on Saturday. The Jordanian king 'affirmed that the decision will have serious implications that will undermine efforts to resume the peace process and will provoke Muslims and Christians alike,' said a statement from his office.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz50VijJhFE
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    BUT, Trump thought it was a great idea. He will call it the Trump Embassy. Licensing fees will apply.

Of course he thinks it's a great idea, it's one of his. Nobody else is dumb enough to come up with it.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Or is it his idea? I doubt that Trump can put two thoughts together on solving the dilemma called the Middle East. Was the idea Steve Bannon's? Jared Kushner's? Israeli lobbyists? Alex Jones's? MrOilers's?

Not often do you find Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Turkey, Kuwait, Morocco, Oman, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Russia, China, Germany, France and even the Pope all aligned and against the United States.

Well maybe against the stupid ideas of Donald Trump.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 06-12-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Again, he is basically doing, what he said he was going to do. I'm not really a fan of the idea, but there is a certain logic in that the Israeli government is all in Jerusalem, and its consistent with the Embassy Act of 1995 (which came in during Bill Clinton's days). Tel Aviv is just for foreign embassies. It will be interesting to see the reaction, I don't think you will see much criticism from the Democrats, as they also receive a lot of funding from Jewish groups.
    Last edited by moahunter; 06-12-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Yes, a certain logic that will simply make things worse and kill any chance of the US being seen as a reliable negotiator and not simply an Israeli mouthpiece.

Trump has said that Middle East peace isn't as hard as people have made it out to be. Well, even if he believes that, he's making it a whole lot harder.

Trump: Middle East Peace Is 'Not as Difficult as People Have Thought'

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...hought/525267/
    If he does this then the rest of the world should simply recognize Palestine and the 1967 borders and admit them to the UN as full members.

There, a two state solution.

^ Trump will have his UN representative Veto such a good idea.

Trump supports apartheid in Israel.

^^I don't think the US has ever been seen as a reliable negotiator, they have always, from the inception of Israel, solidly on the side of the Jewish state, and their financial and military support maintains that. There is nothing new here.

^Hillary, and Obama and every other US president also supports apartheid in Israel - they have all pushed a two state solution of a Jewish state and a Palestinian state.

you ignore facts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_David_Accords

40 years of Peace

^That was a two state solution (Apartheid), by a peanut farmer president, that failed miserably.

Better a peanut farmer President than a President who is NUTS!

Again, he is basically doing, what he said he was going to do. I'm not really a fan of the idea, but there is a certain logic in that the Israeli government is all in Jerusalem, and its consistent with the Embassy Act of 1995 (which came in during Bill Clinton's days). Tel Aviv is just for foreign embassies. It will be interesting to see the reaction, I don't think you will see much criticism from the Democrats, as they also receive a lot of funding from Jewish groups.
    First, I just can't see this going over well with the allies the US has and needs in the Arab world. Second, it is going to lead to an impression of US being more pro Israel and make them more of a target for attacks. Third, it is going to increase tensions in the middle east. I think it would have been wiser to just leave things as they were, but Trump seems to like to poke a stick into every hornets nest.

It could be handy for Trump. ISIS will see it as a reason to attack the US and Trump will see that as a reason to block more Muslims and claim need for an even bigger military.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Trump's actions have made it clear that he has no interest in peace in the Middle East so it's time for the rest of the world to take action.

Starting immediately, the rest of the countries of the world should recognize a sovereign Palestinian state within the 1967 borders. Palestine should be admitted to the UN as a full member. East Jerusalem should be recognized as it's capital.

If and when Israel attempts to prevent the establishment of embassies in East Jerusalem, Diplomatic action should be taken against Israel up to and including sanctions.

If the US wants to have Israel stand alone then let them stand alone. Treat Israel the same as we would any other country that annexes part of another sovereign state.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    It could be handy for Trump. ISIS will see it as a reason to attack the US and Trump will see that as a reason to block more Muslims and claim need for an even bigger military.
    Yes, create more external enemies to distract US voters from his internal ones. It might be a good strategy for Trump personally, but not for the US I think.

If the US wants to have Israel stand alone then let them stand alone. Treat Israel the same as we would any other country that annexes part of another sovereign state.
    You mean cutting off $3 Billion in aid annually?

source

Seventy-five percent of U.S. foreign military financing goes to two countries

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/11/politi...ort/index.html
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 06-12-2017 at 03:11 PM.

I'm talking about the rest of the world. And if Israel doesn't tell Trump not to do this, then they go into it well aware of what the consequences will be.

Besides, Trump's base isn't interested in making Israel safe. They're waiting with baited breath for it to be destroyed.

Theologian explains how Trump’s Jerusalem move is right-wing evangelicals’ dream come true

“For decades, conservative evangelicals have been longing for this recognition,” Bass writes. “They believe it is necessary in order to regain control of the Temple mount. That is important because rebuilding the Temple is the event that will spark the events of the Book of Revelation and the End Times.”

Bass makes it clear that she does not believe Trump himself is looking to bring about the end of the world, but she thinks that many of the evangelicals who have lobbied him on this issue absolutely are.

“You can’t discount those evangelical advisers… almost all of whom take these End Times prophecies literally,” she writes. “Of all the possible theological dog-whistles to his evangelical base, this is the biggest. Trump is reminding them that he is carrying out God’s will to these Last Days.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/the...eam-come-true/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    First, I just can't see this going over well with the allies the US has and needs in the Arab world. Second, it is going to lead to an impression of US being more pro Israel and make them more of a target for attacks. Third, it is going to increase tensions in the middle east. I think it would have been wiser to just leave things as they were, but Trump seems to like to poke a stick into every hornets nest.
    Countries like Saudi Arabia are believed to quietly support Israel - basically, Israel is seen by them as a balance against Iran. The royal families in charge of these countries don't care about the Palestinian people, they will say they are outraged and similar, but nothing is going to happen.

And, the Democrats are playing a very dangerous game on this given their past positions:

There’s a reason why all past US administrations have not made this move, and why leaders around the world have warned Trump against it: It would undermine the prospects for an Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement and severely, perhaps irreparably, damage our ability to broker it. https://t.co/dEF0bloRj2
    — Bernie Sanders (@SenSanders) December 5, 2017

But Sanders supported a resolution in June titled "A resolution commemorating the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem," which mentions keeping Jerusalem as the "undivided capital of Israel."

The call to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital was also included in the official Democratic Party platforms of 2016 and 2008: “While Jerusalem is a matter for final status negotiations, it should remain the capital of Israel, an undivided city accessible to people of all faiths. Israelis deserve security, recognition, and a normal life free from terror and incitement.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...t-support.html

Also notice on CNN, this is minor story not the top one.
    Last edited by moahunter; 06-12-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Yeah, Saudi Arabia is such a paragon of human rights, freedom and religious tolerance. Their complains isn't SA vs Iran, it's Shia vs Sunni. Support for them is like picking Catholics Vs Protestantsin Northern Ireland during The Troubles. But a dictatorship like Sa is something Trump can get behind. Iran has lots of problems but they are a lot more tolerant and even democratic than Saudi Arabia is.

I feel OK with the move, and I think it's refreshing to finally see a US President with the guts to actually do it instead of just paying lip service to the issue like the past few presidents have.

The United States will be the only country to have their embassy in Jerusalem, an occupied city that all other countries refuse to situate their embassies on disputed territory that is under military occupation.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel...ed_territories

The Trump decision is akin to Trump endorsing an alleged pedophile.

Funny that...

Satire:

Palestinians recognize Texas as part of Mexico

19 HOURS AGO by ALEX HUNTLEY
    Photo Credit
    JERUSALEM – In response to US President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital, the Palestinian National Authority has announced that it will recognize Texas as a state of Mexico since it was violently annexed by the United States in the 1840s.
    “The territory north and east of the Rio Grande is very important to the Mexican people,” explained a PNA spokesperson. “Before American settlers showed up and implemented slavery, Mexico oversaw this land. Then, President Polk sent his armies to invade the rest of these Mexican territories, and force the country to give up California, New Mexico, most of Arizona, Nevada, and Utah, and parts of Wyoming and Colorado. We may soon recognize these states as part of Mexico too.”
    Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says that this is a new approach to Mexican-US relations, and hopes it will help ease the tension between the two countries over security and immigration.
    “We understand that the Mexican state of Texas is a sacred place for many large-buckled Americans, but they can rest assured that a two-state solution or a wall was not feasible,” explained Abbas.
    “Besides, most people in Texas speak Spanish.”
    The Palestinian consulate in Mexico City will soon be moved to Houston to formally recognize the seized territory as part of Mexico.
    At press time, President Trump hopes that his recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital will offer a new path for Middle East violence.

source: https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/12...s-part-mexico/

Hey Lucy! We are gonna need a longer wall! LOL

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Despite recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital Trump says he still supports a two state solution. I'm not sure what role Trump sees for the US in helping to barter such a deal but as pointed out on CNN last night he should have gotten a concession from the Israelis in exchange to help move the peace process forward. A key concession would have been for Israel to concede that east Jerusalem would be the capital of a future Palestinian state. Not sure how this move helps to increase the chance of successfully brokering an agreement.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

He threw away a major bargaining chip.

^Its not a bargaining chip, its just an impediment. No way Israel would ever give up Jerusalem as its capital, so might as well just reflect that reality on the ground and the reality per US law (from 1995 - Clinton's presidency).

Nope. Wrong again.

It was something the government of Israel wanted. Therefore it is a bargaining chip.

The law included a waiver that has been used by every President since that time. Until now.

Between this and Trump appointing Jared to be in charge of the peace process, any American credibility of being a neutral facilitator has been show to be a blatant falsehood. Jared's family are close friends with Netanyahu.

It's time to stop giving Israel two seats at the negotiating table and find another international peace broker.

Nope. Wrong again.

It was something the government of Israel wanted. Therefore it is a bargaining chip.
    Its something they already have, the government of Israel is entirely in Jerusalem.

Whether or not the government of Palestine should or should not be in Jerusalem, assuming a two state apartheid solution is chosen, is a bargaining chip.

The strategy is almost perverse in its beauty, and was on full display among administration officials intent on selling the president’s Jerusalem initiative in the wake of his address. The Trump announcement, as one of them argued, doesn’t undermine the peace process—not because there isn’t one (as everyone suspects), but because there is, and it’s going swimmingly. Trump, this official added, was actually anxious to make Wednesday’s announcement because he was so encouraged by the progress made on the Israeli-Palestinian peace process by Jared Kushner and his team. “I know a lot of that progress isn’t visible,” as this official was overheard saying to a prominent television reporter, “[but] it’s partly because that progress is not visible that they’ve been able to make so much progress.”
    And so it is that President Trump’s Jerusalem announcement might well be seen as a significant and decisive victory—for Israel, for the Republican Party, and for those Jewish Americans who have had to choose between their progressive ideals and their support for a nation that is anything but. The result is stark, discomforting. It may be that the controversy will fade, that the Arab world will remain quiet, that the Trump administration will use the Jerusalem decision as a springboard to launch a creative and fair resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. That Jared Kushner will succeed where George Mitchell did not. But that doesn’t seem likely.Rather, it’s probable that the governments of Europe will remember the real import of this decision—that when asked to stand with our European allies and Arab friends, we chose Israel instead.
    Pay attention: This is what it feels like to live in a nation whose moment has passed.
    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...usalem-israel/

This is gonna get really, really ugly, really, really fast.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

It could only be a bargaining chip to use against the Israelis - the US could possibly have negotiated some concessions from Israel in return for their recognition.

I don't think it's a horrible move to recognize the facts on the ground. We all know Jerusalem is under Israeli Control and that they won't give it up. So why fight it?
    There can only be one.

Nope. Wrong again.

Its something they already have, the government of Israel is entirely in Jerusalem.

Whether or not the government of Palestine should or should not be in Jerusalem, assuming a two state apartheid solution is chosen, is a bargaining chip.
    That's not what this is about. This is about a formal recognition of the capital of the Jewish State and where the US places their embassy.

Palestine exists as well but getting both sides to formally recognize each other is a diplomatic issue and Trump threw away the bargaining chip of formally recognizing Jerusalem as the capital.

I thought you knew about this stuff but obviously you don't understand the issues and the diplomatic process towards a two state solution.

If anything, it takes away the US role as a mediator because Trump codified their biased support for Israel and lost all support from the Palestinians.

He threw away a major bargaining chip.

That I wonder about. As I wondered on the Russia thread, maybe a bargain was made involving something more personal and beneficial to Trump. The decision may have been a great decision, and a sign that Trump keeps his promises (made and reneged by others before him), however while it does appear to be gratuitous it instead might be something that creates an obligation in return.

Remember, Trump craves loyal followers which at home are his voting base and even any non voting base that will defend him, plus anyone abroad that can pull the right strings to make things happen for him and his ‘interests’.

My view is that the so called ‘liberal left’ had better recognize that their abhorrence towards gun ownership means that they can easily be out muscled by those that ostensibly arm up to defend liberty, but could easily be convinced to mass up to take away liberty under the call to “Make America Great Again.” And other nations may be quite fine in assisting in a destruction of American democracy in exchange for their own interests being served.
    Last edited by KC; 07-12-2017 at 12:16 PM.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

If one is to act as a facilitator you need to be able to see the point of view from both sides whether you agree with their POV or not.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Republicans aren't even trying to cover up their racism anymore.

GOP Congressman: “Diversity Is Not Our Strength”
    In a tweet, Steve King also quoted the Hungarian prime minister’s remarks condemning “mixing cultures.”

Steve King

@SteveKingIA

Diversity is not our strength. Hungarian Prime Minister Victor Orban, “Mixing cultures will not lead to a higher quality of life but a lower one.”

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-our-strength/

Trump wants his wall but people will be able to simply fly over it or take a boat instead. But Trump will have his wall. But Trump (and Moa) will claim it's a total success because there's a wall and that's what Trump promised. Let's ignore the fact that it will actually make things worse.

Trump's latest attempt to fund his stupid wall could actually make the border less secure

The $1.6 billion would be used to build additional physical barriers in the Rio Grande Valley of south Texas, the border's busiest sector for illegal immigration. To offset some of the costs, OMB instructed DHS to decrease its funding request for border security technology and equipment by nearly $175 million, the report said.

"OMB acknowledged that reductions to RVSS technology are necessary 'to offset the costs of Presidential priorities,' " the report said.

The cuts include a 50 percent spending reduction on Remote Video Surveillance Systems, the network of video cameras Border Patrol agents rely on heavily to monitor illegal border traffic. The mobile cameras have infrared technology that allows them to track smugglers and illegal border-crossers at night.

“DHS was also told to strike tens of millions in requests for the boats, helicopters, dirigibles, planes and other equipment that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) uses to detect and track low-flying aircraft, smugglers' vessels and illegal traffic along the border,” reports the Chicago Tribune.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...er-less-secure

Egypt - because of increase in violence against Christians over religious holidays, over 230,000 security forces have been deployed to protect Christians during Christmas celebrations: http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsCont...lebration.aspx

What a hell hole for the people living there that this sort of thing is needed.

And Trump's third attempt at a travel ban is ruled illegal. So much winning!

Appeals court rules that Trump’s third travel ban is illegal

The court also takes on the xenophobia underlying Trump’s order:

In assessing the public interest, we are reminded of Justice Murphy’s wise words: “All residents of this nation are kin in some way by blood or culture to a foreign land.” Korematsu v. United States, 323 U.S. 214, 242 (Murphy, J., dissenting). It cannot be in the public interest that a portion of this country be made to live in fear.

https://thinkprogress.org/breaking-a...-52abdc7d97b9/

Egypt - because of increase in violence against Christians over religious holidays, over 230,000 security forces have been deployed to protect Christians during Christmas celebrations: http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsCont...lebration.aspx

What a hell hole for the people living there that this sort of thing is needed.
    Typical of you to miss some important and relevant details.

The protection was not, just for Christians. It was also for Muslims, protecting the mosques from attack from extremists and terrorists.

Even FOX get this information correct. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12...hristians.html

The heightened security comes after deadly attacks at churches and mosques earlier in the year.

In the deadliest-ever attack by Islamic extremists in Egypt, militants assaulted a crowded mosque on Nov. 22 during prayers, gunning down worshippers and launching rocket-propelled grenades. More than 300 people were killed -- including at least 27 children -- and the assailants got away.

Over the past year, militants have also carried out bombings of churches in the capital of Cairo and other cities, killing dozens of Christians.

On Palm Sunday, suicide bombers struck hours apart at two Coptic churches in northern Egypt, killing several dozen people and turning services into grisly scenes.

The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the violence.
    Positive news at Christmas
    It is nice to see moderate Muslims coming out to protect Christians
    Christmas: Muslims offer to guard churches in Indonesia
    Muslims in Indonesia have offered to guard churches and prevent any attack during the Christmas service as countries around the World tighten security ahead of the celebration.

Security and threats of attacks had reached a precarious state after U.S. President Donald Trump recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. The recognition was followed by several meetings of Islamic countries and groups while some of the groups have threatened to visit mayhem on the World.

However, it is not so for Muslims in Indonesia as they have vowed that they would provide security for their “brothers” who are celebrating Christmas. The Muslim volunteers in Indonesia, the largest Muslim-majority country, are already on standby to provide additional security if requested. “If our brother and sisters who celebrate Christmas need … to maintain their security to worship, we will help,” said Yaqut Chiolil Qoumas, chairman of the youth wing of the Nahdlatul Ulema, one of the country’s biggest Muslim organizations.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/...s-indonesia-2/
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 23-12-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Default Supreme Court smacks down ninth circuit again

And Trump's third attempt at a travel ban is ruled illegal. So much winning!

Appeals court rules that Trump’s third travel ban is illegal

The court also takes on the xenophobia underlying Trump’s order:

In assessing the public interest, we are reminded of Justice Murphy’s wise words: “All residents of this nation are kin in some way by blood or culture to a foreign land.” Korematsu v. United States, 323 U.S. 214, 242 (Murphy, J., dissenting). It cannot be in the public interest that a portion of this country be made to live in fear.

https://thinkprogress.org/breaking-a...-52abdc7d97b9/
    Duh, the 9th circuit is a left wing court, every decision it’s made on this has been overturned in the Supreme Court, this decision will be as well (happy to place a bet with you on it). I’m looking forward to when trump breaks up the 9th circuit, it’s long overdue that the political court was pulled apart. It’s the most overturned (ie consistently wrong) appeal circuit in the US. At the end of the day, even the Democratic Party doesn’t want presidential authority diminished, it would just bite them back one day when they are in power if the courts start over riding the Presidents authority on matters the president has authority over.

http://www.whitehouse.news/2017-09-1...trictions.html
    Last edited by moahunter; 23-12-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Of course, it's the fault of the court. Silly of me to have thought that the rule of law was involved. It's just because all the judges on 9th are jealous of The Donald and just rule against him out of spite.

Just like all the times that the Supreme Court of Canada ruled against Stephen Harper.

That is why Trump is appointing the best people to permanent positions in the Courts. You know, the 'best' puppets of the Trump agenda who will rule in favor of his policies and against the rule of law. They don't have to have any previous experience as judges, have seldom seen the insides of a courtroom, never tried a case, don't know standard procedures and don't even know common first year law terms and precedents.

For a guy who so proudly boasted how he fired people on a reality TV show, in real life,he hires the worst of candidates for important positions.

the 9th circuit is a left wing court, every decision it’s made on this has been overturned in the Supreme Court, this decision will be as well
    Of course it will. These 9th circuit judges are a bunch of activists who "interpret" the constitution instead of following it, which is why their rulings are constantly corrected by the Supreme Court.

By a right wing Supreme Court?

You do realize that if the 9th is biased that it can be equally possible that the Supreme Court is also biased, don't you?

Pot claims kettle is biased, no?

Or are you saying that the only good Judges are the appointed right wing conservative ones and are the only ones capable of interpret the Constitution correctly?
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 24-12-2017 at 06:05 AM.

And the seat Gorsuch is filling was held empty for a year by the Republicans. Yeah, totally unbiased.

the 9th circuit is a left wing court, every decision it’s made on this has been overturned in the Supreme Court, this decision will be as well
    Of course it will. These 9th circuit judges are a bunch of activists who "interpret" the constitution instead of following it, which is why their rulings are constantly corrected by the Supreme Court.
    I fear you may have “fundamentalist” tendencies. (That can put you on side with those unwavering God believing religious masses that even willingly wish harm and death upon other God believing religious people. Spiritual and fundamentalist beliefs that are mutually exclusive.)

Our own Supreme Court “followed” rather than “interpreted”. We’re just lucky that in Britain, Lord Sankey’s Privy Council overruled Canada’s Supreme Court.

Hence the Constitution as a living tree doctrine.

We saw the evangelical fundamentalist morality work so well with Judge Roy Moore. They had to fire him twice and then lose the reddest State in the Union.

Thank God he lost

"Good people on both sides"

President Trump's holiday break was interupted this evening when he was advised that an illegal alien had piloted a unique homemade aircraft over the border into the United States. Trump immediately ordered two F-35 fighter jets to interdict the craft at 12,000 ft over Tempe, Arizona. Two Sidewinder missiles were fired, hit the craft and the pilot was seen jumping from the burning aircraft and parachute was seen. A ground search did not find the pilot who may be injured, possibly armed and on the run. The burnt out wreckage was found near a Mesa and included a cargo of illegally imported goods without US Customs documenation and the remains of 8 animals that appear to be pronghorn sheep or some sort of caribou.

Trump tweeted late this evening that this is an example of his 'get tough with illegal immigration' policy and warns that he will not be soft like Obama who allowed the alien to cross the border many times before.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 24-12-2017 at 11:15 PM.

President Trump's holiday break was interupted this evening when he was advised that an illegal alien had piloted a unique homemade aircraft over the border into the United States. Trump immediately ordered two F-35 fighter jets to interdict the craft at 12,000 ft over Tempe, Arizona. Two Sidewinder missiles were fired, hit the craft and the pilot was seen jumping from the burning aircraft and parachute was seen. A ground search did not find the pilot who may be injured, possibly armed and on the run. The burnt out wreckage was found near a Mesa and included a cargo of illegally imported goods without US Customs documenation and the remains of 8 animals that appear to be pronghorn sheep or some sort of caribou.

Trump tweeted late this evening that this is an example of his 'get tough with illegal immigration' policy and warns that he will not be soft like Obama who allowed the alien to cross the border many times before.
    Ho Ho Ho!
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Reuters: Violent crime rises in Germany and is attributed to refugees

"Young male refugees in Germany got the blame on Wednesday for most of a two-year increase in violent crime, adding fuel to the country’s political debate over migrants. Violent crime rose by about 10 percent in 2015 and 2016, a study showed. It attributed more than 90 percent of that to young male refugees.

It noted, however, that migrants settling from war-torn countries such as Syria were much less likely to commit violent crimes that those from other places who were unlikely to be given asylum."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKBN1ES16J

This is why immigrants need to be vetted well. It is bad for citizens of a country when leaders just open borders to everyone, importing crime and violence from countries where crime and violence are rampant.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

"Young male refugees in Germany got the blame on Wednesday for most of a two-year increase in violent crime, adding fuel to the country’s political debate over migrants. Violent crime rose by about 10 percent in 2015 and 2016, a study showed. It attributed more than 90 percent of that to young male refugees.

It noted, however, that migrants settling from war-torn countries such as Syria were much less likely to commit violent crimes that those from other places who were unlikely to be given asylum."

This is why immigrants need to be vetted well. It is bad for citizens of a country when leaders just open borders to everyone, importing crime and violence from countries where crime and violence are rampant.
    if you’re going to link to it and quite from it you should read it and think about it. those from war torn countries where crime and violence are rampant are less likely to commit crimes, not more. and those more likely to receive asylum and not be sent home are less likely to commit crimes. and lastly, those with family - particularly female family - are also less likely to commit crimes. so instead of admitting young males with no hope of staying and trying to send them home, it appears allowing them and their families a chance to stay is the best way to reduce crime. sort of like how most of our families arrived here...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post

if you’re going to link to it and quite from it you should read it and think about it. those from war torn countries where crime and violence are rampant are less likely to commit crimes, not more. and those more likely to receive asylum and not be sent home are less likely to commit crimes. and lastly, those with family - particularly female family - are also less likely to commit crimes. so instead of admitting young males with no hope of staying and trying to send them home, it appears allowing them and their families a chance to stay is the best way to reduce crime. sort of like how most of our families arrived here...
    3 strikes logic - excerpt with 3 strikes, the 1st two set someone one a path towards the third strike.

This article is pretty poor. Spin.

Sounds like a near worthless “gift”.

A distraction? Yeah so what if it’s just a distraction in the public realm of media and perceptions, but doesn’t change anything in terms of the boots in the ground and current enforcement activities.

Trump's Mexico wall would be a gift to the drug cartels (Opinion) - CNN

And they might not be far off. According to a 2015 report by the US Drug Enforcement Administration, 95% of drugs coming into the US were entering via container ships and other vessels.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/01/08/opi...ver/index.html
    Last edited by KC; 08-01-2018 at 06:44 PM.

GARY COHN WON’T COMMIT TO MORE THAN FIVE DAYS WORKING FOR TRUMP
    “I’m here today, I’m here next week” is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...king-for-trump

I watched the meeting that Trump hosted with members of Congress where they discussed immigration. I found Trump to be surprisingly Presidential and agreeable with the Democratic representatives. I was pleasantly surprised but it now appears that the Republicans are alarmed by Trump's statements and agreements to sign anything on immigration that comes across his desk.

Now the GOP are thinking that their President is crazy for agreeing with the Dems.

I guess Michael Wolff's book is nonfiction.

Trump's White House even warps reality in public transcripts and tries to omit the facts. If you cannot trust WH transcripts, what can we trust that happens there?Luckily, we have the free press that recorded the discussion and openly questioned the WH record on the most important statements of the meeting by the President.

White House transcript fails to include line from Trump on clean DACA bill

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-from-trump-on

The official White House transcript of President Trump's comments on immigration failed to include a line from the president regarding a clean bill to address recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

During the meeting on Tuesday, Trump was asked by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) if he would support "a clean DACA bill."

"Yeah, I would like to do it," Trump said during the meeting, according to The Washington Post.

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) then told the president he needed to be "clear."
    “I think what Senator Feinstein is asking here — when we talk about just DACA, we don’t want to be back here two years later. You have to have security," McCarthy said during the meeting.

The White House's official transcript did not include the line from Trump, saying: "Yeah, I would like to do it."

A White House official said anything left out of the transcript was not done on purpose, according to the Post, and that the conversation's context was clear.

Later in the meeting, Trump said: “We do a Phase 1, which is DACA and security, and we do Phase 2, which is comprehensive immigration." Trump on Tuesday said lawmakers should pass a "bill of love" to resolve the fate of young immigrants who benefit from an Obama-era program he scrapped last year.

“I hope we’re going to come up with an answer for DACA,” Trump said at an extraordinary televised session in the White House Cabinet Room with lawmakers from both parties.

The unusual setting allowed Democrats and Republicans alike to exchange their views on-camera for roughly an hour over the complicated immigration talks.
    House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy had to step in and correct the President and explain to him like a parent schooling a child, that Trump was misunderstanding what he just agreed to. How dare Kevin McCarthy correct the World's best negotiator who knows more than anyone else about all issues and is a very stable genius! Smacks of McCarthyism!

Love how the WH covered up Trump's most important statement. Sounds like they deliberately wanted to omit the comments of childlike President Flipflop who changes his position by the minute.

I watched the meeting that Trump hosted with members of Congress where they discussed immigration. I found Trump to be surprisingly Presidential and agreeable with the Democratic representatives. I was pleasantly surprised but it now appears that the Republicans are alarmed by Trump's statements and agreements to sign anything on immigration that comes across his desk.

Now the GOP are thinking that their President is crazy for agreeing with the Dems.

I guess Michael Wolff's book is nonfiction.
    Oh this must drive some of the Republicans crazy. When it comes to immigration, Trump is neither as hard line or consistent as a lot of the Republicans. The only thing he has been relatively consistent about is the wall and that is one thing a lot of Republicans are not really that interested in because it is potentially very expensive. I'm sure if "Chuck and Nancy" said the right things to Trump about the wall, they could get him to do exactly what they want on DACA but of course, they are even less supportive of the wall than most Republicans.

I'm not exactly sure what to make of Wolff's book, but I think I accept that as he said he basically wrote what he was told, so the material is as reliable as all the various sources - some were probably telling him the truth, some for whatever reasons were not. To use perhaps an appropriate metaphor, it is a big bag of mixed nuts - some good, some not. I can't understand why everyone on team Trump seemed to rush to him with all the gossip, but I suppose Wolff had a skill in getting them to do that, it seems to be his niche. Perhaps they somehow imagined the 'book" would be a biography that might come out 5 or 10 years later, so they didn't treat him more cautiously like they would a reporter who might shape tomorrow's headlines. Given the revolving door for team Trump, I don't think they are that much into long term thinking. In this case, the long term ended up being much sooner than they thought.

The thing I find interesting is that the government under Trump has suppressed the visitor logs for the White House, which would have shown how many time Wolffe actually visited the White House. Anyone would be able to look that up under Obama, right?

Lou Dobbs Fox News Interview of Trump supporter Ann Coulter where she agrees with many points made in Michael Wolff's book. An amazing turn of Trump guru Ann Coulter against Trump.

Watch the sparks fly as Lou and Ann agree that Trump is the drunken Captain of a rudderless tramp steamer that is heading full speed ahead into the rocks on a stormy night on the Russian coast. Many Republicans are abandoning ship because they thought that Captain Trump could handle a ship and found out that the only ship he captained before was in his bathtub.

Trump’s immigration meeting was lowest day of presidency: Ann Coulter

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    The thing I find interesting is that the government under Trump has suppressed the visitor logs for the White House, which would have shown how many time Wolffe actually visited the White House. Anyone would be able to look that up under Obama, right?
    With a few exceptions for legitimate security reasons.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT
    Many Republicans are abandoning ship because they thought that Captain Trump could handle a ship and found out that the only ship he captained before was in his bathtub.

That may be the case with more reasonable Republicans. That certainly is not the case with Coulter. She's peeved because he's governing in most cases like a standard Republican, and isn't throwing enough darkies in detention centers and jails for her liking.

Anyone who supports Trump should renounce him after his indefensible comment today.
    He crossed the line of human decency and decorum

Warning, objectionable language by the worst person in American history

Trump derides protections for immigrants from ‘sh1thole’ countries
    source
    President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they discussed protecting immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to several people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from sh1thole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to countries mentioned by the lawmakers.

Trump then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries such as Norway, whose prime minister he met with Wednesday. The president, according to a White House official, also suggested he would be open to more immigrants from Asian countries because he felt they help the United States economically.

In addition, the president singled out Haiti, telling lawmakers that immigrants from that country must be left out of any deal, these people said.

“Why do we need more Haitians?” Trump said, according to people familiar with the meeting. “Take them out.”
    Impeach Trump Now!
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 11-01-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Yes, let's impeach the president because he speaks the same way everybody else speaks.

It's still a rumor published by Washington Post, but I hope he actually did call other countries "shitholes" - that's hysterical!

(note how he [allegedly] didn't actually say anything bad to immigrants or any people)

Yes, let's impeach the president because he speaks the same way everybody else speaks.

It's still a rumor published by Washington Post, but I hope he actually did call other countries "shitholes" - that's hysterical!

(note how he [allegedly] didn't actually say anything bad to immigrants or any people)

Everybody? Everybody????

I am not a flaming racist like you and don't YOU ever forget it and NO ONE will ever forget that you think it is funny.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 11-01-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

no wonder you still champion the donald. like the donald you don’t seem to know when not to say/tweet/post something or what it says about you both when you surrender to what you don’t know.

Everybody? Everybody????

I am not a flaming racist like you and don't YOU ever forget it and NO ONE will ever forget that you think it is funny.

Yes, everyone calls some places shitholes. It's funny!

I am not a racist. Especially not a flaming one.

And yes, the idea of a politician calling some places shitholes is funny. It doesn't matter what you think at all, I just can't stop laughing about this.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 11-01-2018 at 09:55 PM.

like the donald you don’t seem to know when not to say/tweet/post something

So when precisely am I supposed to tell people on this forum when I think it's funny? Because it is. I would laugh just as hard if Justin Trudeau used that word to insult Edmonton.

And this is a discussion forum, after all. Laughing at profanity is fine. It's not like I'm applying for a job here.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 11-01-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

like the donald you don’t seem to know when not to say/tweet/post something

So when precisely am I supposed to tell people on this forum when I think it's funny? Because it is. I would laugh just as hard if Justin Trudeau used that word to insult Edmonton.

And this is a discussion forum, after all. Laughing at profanity is fine. It's not like I'm applying for a job here.
    so when precisely? whenever you choose... although it’s just as i said - whenever you do choose probably says more about you than if you sometimes chose not to.

probably says more about you
    Like what?

Go ahead, say it!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

probably says more about you
    Like what?

Go ahead, say it!
    i already did - it says, like the donald, you do not know when not to say/tweet/post whatever you choose. but, as you say, this is an open discussion forum so keep on keeping on. it makes for good entertainment if nothing else.

I admit that I am thoroughly entertained, and I also glad that I am not the only one.

Yeah, there are racists sitting in bars, laughing about how they they are happy what the Racist President said, that would buy you a drink.

Everybody? Everybody????

Yes, everyone calls some places shitholes. It's funny!

I am not a racist. Especially not a flaming one.

And yes, the idea of a politician calling some places shitholes is funny. It doesn't matter what you think at all, I just can't stop laughing about this.
    Everyone? I don’t, never have. However I don’t judge Trump’s comment as evidence that he’s racist. Though that very well may be. Moreover he’s now denying that he even said it. Maybe he’s forgotten already - ‘assuming’ dementia is his problem.

Evidence of racism below? May be.

Considering America is a ********, how can I move to Canada, or even Australia permanently? - Quora

https://www.quora.com/Considering-Am...ia-permanently

british lads hit each other with chair on Twitter: "me in russia: this country is a ******** me everywhere else: thank god i left https://t.co/17TUqNVLfO"

https://mobile.twitter.com/skarsgard...56032985640960

Lonely Planet Basically Called Edmonton A Frozen ******** And Now Everyone's Mad

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro...-lonely-planet

Is Edmonton really that much of a ******** as everyone says it is? - london

https://www.reddit.com/r/london/comm...a_********_as/
    Last edited by KC; 12-01-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

I admit that I am thoroughly entertained, and I also glad that I am not the only one.
    don’t forget that burt lancaster’s portrayal of ernst janning was also entertaining - that doesn’t make the role portrayed something to emulate or support or condone.

Time to Say It: Trump Is a RacistDavid Leonhardt JAN. 12, 2018
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/o...mp-racist.html

When it comes to President Trump and race, there is a predictable cycle. He makes a remark that seems racist, and people engage in an extended
    debate about whether he is personally racist. His critics say he is. His defenders argue for an interpretation in which race plays a secondary role (such as:
    Haiti really is a worse place to live than Norway).

It’s time to end this cycle.

No one except Trump can know what Trump’s private thoughts or motivations are. But the public record and his behavior are now abundantly clear.
    Donald Trump treats black people and Latinos differently than he treats white people.

And that makes him a racist.

Is it possible to defend some of his racially charged statements by pointing out that something other than race might explain them? Sure. Is it possible
    that he doesn’t think of himself as a racist who views white people as superior to nonwhite people? Yes.
    But the definition of a racist — the textbook definition, as Paul Ryan might say — is someone who treats some people better than others because of their
    race. Trump fits that definition many times over:

• Trump’s real-estate company was sued twice by the federal government in the 1970s for discouraging the renting of apartments to African-Americans
    and preferring white tenants, such as “Jews and executives.”
    • In 1989, Trump took out ads in New York newspapers urging the death penalty for five black and Latino teenagers accused of raping a white woman in
    Central Park; he continued to argue that they were guilty as late as October 2016, more than 10 years after DNA evidence had exonerated them.
    • He spent years claiming that the nation’s first black president was born not in the United States but in Africa, an outright lie that Trump still has not
    acknowledged as such.
    • He began his 2016 presidential campaign by disparaging Mexican immigrants as criminals and “rapists.”
    • He has retweeted white nationalists without apology.
    • He frequently criticizes prominent African-Americans for being unpatriotic, ungrateful and disrespectful.
    • He called some of those who marched alongside white supremacists in Charlottesville last August “very fine people.”
    • He is quick to highlight crimes committed by dark-skinned people, sometimes exaggerating or lying about it (such as a claim about growing crime
    from “radical Islamic terror” in Britain). He is very slow to decry hate crimes committed against dark-skinned people (such as the murder of an Indian man
    in Kansas last year).
    • At the White House yesterday, Trump vulgarly called for less immigration from Haiti and Africa and more from Norway.
    Lest we forget the Racist President's birther lies that were also racism driven.

Maybe everyone needs to test themselves:

Racism test: Harvard IAT test reveals our unconscious bias

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...6bb991de071ef5

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implici...takeatest.html

I think MrOilers is a shi!thole

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast