Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump on immigration, big beautiful walls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Very true!!! Allah is screamed out all over this world!
    Very true!!! Hello Lady is screaming out all over this world!!!

Again, what is your point with respect to "Trump on immigration"?????

Oh, sorry. My bad. Your employer doesn't want you to state your absurd agenda. Why would anyone ask you to make a pertinent point???

Putz.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Spill View Post

Oh, sorry. My bad. Your employer doesn't want you to state your absurd agenda. Why would anyone ask you to make a pertinent point???

Putz.
    Wtf are you talking about. Take your meds, and move on! I have asked you to use HL, you won't, you're on ignore, it suits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spill View Post

Putz.
    Wtf are you talking about. Take your meds, and move on! I have asked you to use HL, you won't, you're on ignore, it suits you.
    You've asked squat. What you've done is posted repetitive inanities.

Please. What is your point with respect to "Trump on immigration"???

Either make a point or, if you're unable to, admit it and shut up. I've no doubt you'll still get paid.

LOL! Gotta love ignore!!

Hello Lady

Hello Lady

Hello Lady

Hello Lady
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

LOL! Gotta love ignore!!
    LOL! Gotta love willful ignorance!!

Ftfy.

Again, without prejudice. When you're able, please let us know the terms of your employment. Absolutely fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Hello Lady

Hello Lady

Hello Lady

Hello Lady
    FU stupid , and no life but Trump git!

Just testing if I was on Hello Lady's ignore list.

I guess the test was entirely successful.

100%
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

^^ Careful! Do you really get paid more for ad hominems and rhetorical swearing? Who knew?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

someone pass the popcorn?

nothing like a contest between debaters arguing like mad with each other but who aren't even on the same stage.

it's like a virtual reality debate with the headsets designed to keep everyone 180 degrees apart regardless of where they really are instead of working to bring them together regardless of where they are.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Just testing if I was on Hello Lady's ignore list.

I guess the test was entirely successful.

100%
    You can be on it, and it says see post. Yup you've been on it a long time, moronic toad.

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    someone pass the popcorn?

nothing like a contest between debaters arguing like mad with each other but who aren't even on the same stage.

it's like a virtual reality debate with the headsets designed to keep everyone 180 degrees apart regardless of where they really are instead of working to bring them together regardless of where they are.
    Harper Lee is correct, doesn't take much for you ( billy no mates) to be entertained. LOL!

^^^ <sigh> Really? In this circumstance, there's no debate or togetherness objective. It's simply illuminating the elephant in the (chat) room.

But, sure, if you see a realistic potential for mutual respect and objective understanding, I'm all for it.

Good luck with that.

I see H.L. is defending Hello Lady. Can't be bothering Hello Lady because H.L. reports that I am on Hello Lady's ignore list and that must be working because Hello Lady has not posted for a long time.

H.L., can you forward a message from me that we miss Hello Lady's posts and wish Hello Lady to come and join the fun!

Thx a bunch

R.I.P.: Donald Trump's 'Big, Beautiful Wall'
    With its 2018 budget request, the White House begins the process of admitting that the president’s signature promise was a fantasy.

KRISTON CAPPS @kristoncapps May 26, 2017 2 Comments

"Trump's Proposed Budget Threatens the Border Wall, Too - CityLab"

https://www.citylab.com/politics/201...l-wall/528303/

I'd rather C2E than work!
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

C2E Posting Power

Trumps tweets were used in the decision, based on Spicer saying Trumps tweets are official statements. Interesting, that won't play out well for Trump if there are other court cases.

Also interesting in that the 150 days that the ban was supposed to be enacted for has already passed. The ban was supposed to protect the US from immediate threats, but it's not clear the administration made any other attempts to protect it's citizens when the ban was struck down initially, which I think really confirms the ulterior motives.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/statu...17609432469505

Trump being sued by two State Attorney Generals
    Officials in Maryland and Washington DC are suing Donald Trump for accepting payments from foreign governments via his business empire.
    The lawsuit cites the US constitution's emoluments clause, which says no federal official should receive a gift or a fee from a foreign government.
    The suit - which is the first of its kind filed by government entities - claims Mr Trump is "flagrantly violating the constitution".
    The White House has denied the claims.
    The attorneys general for the District of Columbia and Marlyand, Karl Racine and Brian Frosh, announced the lawsuit on Monday.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40250700

LOL

Trump has more sh1t coming his way that a 4 hole outhouse.

Well Clinton used to do that all the time through her/his Clinton Foundation. Except it's harder to prove your getting money from gawd knows who when you are filtering it through a 'foundation'.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

At least the Clinton foundation actually help people and is accredited. Trump foundation is just a tax haven slush fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Well Clinton used to do that all the time through her/his Clinton Foundation. Except it's harder to prove your getting money from gawd knows who when you are filtering it through a 'foundation'.
    Plus nobody would persue that, just like they washed over Loretta Lynch, or Benghazi. I loathe the Clintons, it's the one thing I enjoyed about Trump beating her.

Amazing that companies are pulling out of a modern New York Shakespearean play of Julius Caesar that uses a Trump like central character but had no problem with a 2012 version of the same play with an Obama like character.

Delta Airlines And Bank Of America Pull Funding Over Julius Caesar Performance
    http://www.redstate.com/grantgamblin...r-performance/

The outrage du jour is a story out of New York where Delta Airlines and Bank of America decided to pull their corporate funding for New York’s Public Theater. The move was made after intense criticism came over the death scene in William Shakespeare’s “Julius Caesar” recently performed. The outrage is that the performers followed the story but re-imagined it in the Trump era.

Now, because of our highly toxic political climate, two major corporations have pulled funding from artists attempting to use Shakespeare to explain truths of humanity in a modern context which is desperately needed, but that point is completely missed by rabid partisans squawking about “the loss of Western Culture” all over social media 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The work of William Shakespeare is considered a bright shining symbol of Western Civilization and it has remained relevant for 460 some odd years precisely because of the truths about human nature that it explains.

Truths Western Civilization need to hear on a regular basis.

“But it is referencing the president and a leader is assassinated!” people will say with sure-fire indignation. Indeed, it does because that is how Ol’ Billy Shakespeare and history tell the story. And that is how this theater company performed the same play in 2012, in context with the current president, named Barack Obama. That’s a well-written review of a play no one noticed in a time when identity politics was at its premium as political currency.

The New York Times reported:

Criticism of the play reached a fever pitch on Sunday when Fox News reported that it “appears to depict President Trump being brutally stabbed to death by women and minorities.” Donald Trump Jr., a son of President Trump, joined in shortly after that report, seeming to question the theater’s funding sources.
    It isn’t about funding and it isn’t about what is or what isn’t art — it is about using reverse identity politics to browbeat and negatively frame political opposition. We haven’t seen a clip of the current performance playing now and it may well be a controversially graphic take on the classic story — Julius Caesar was, after all, violently stabbed to death. That, however, doesn’t excuse the social media mob that has assembled to indict the entire notion of what is art and if we should fund it publicly

Plus nobody would persue that, just like they washed over Loretta Lynch, or Benghazi. I loathe the Clintons, it's the one thing I enjoyed about Trump beating her.
    Are you real? Benghazi affair was blown up, totally out of proportion. Clinton was grilled for hours and there were multiple investigations. If you want to examine other events that were washed over, take a look at the 8 embassy attacks that happened under the Bush administration. Or how about the lies that brought us the Iraq War and created ISIS in the political vacuum afterwards. You have no concept of the events that have shaped mid-east politics.

BTW H.L., did you send that message over to Hello Lady?

C2E Posting Power

As soon as someone mentions Benghazi you know they're just a mouth piece for their favourite right wing media source. That was one of the most thorough investigations of absolutely nothing. A quick google and reading of a summary of the events should tell any reasonable person that nothing was there.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    As soon as someone mentions Benghazi you know they're just a mouth piece for their favourite right wing media source. That was one of the most thorough investigations of absolutely nothing. A quick google and reading of a summary of the events should tell any reasonable person that nothing was there.
    I saw the movie, I saw the interview with the men that were there
    As soon as the left mention Benghazi, I know they haven't seen what these men had to say! A quick google, seriously? SMH

Are you real? Benghazi affair was blown up, totally out of proportion. Clinton was grilled for hours and there were multiple investigations. If you want to examine other events that were washed over, take a look at the 8 embassy attacks that happened under the Bush administration. Or how about the lies that brought us the Iraq War and created ISIS in the political vacuum afterwards. You have no concept of the events that have shaped mid-east politics.

However, they should have known better.

The cause? Who know. Maybe US hubris about liberating people and so not being hated anymore or admin not wanting to beef up security as it would be used against them or just off their radars.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

The cause? Who know. Maybe US hubris about liberating people and so not being hated anymore or admin not wanting to beef up security as it would be used against them or just off their radars.
    The emoluments clause applies to the President, which Hillary is not so once again a weak argument by defenders of Trump. I don't recall any President before having extensive business interests outside the US, so I suppose now is exactly the time to get a determination on the legality of it. If Trump had disposed of his business interests before he took office, he could have avoided this problem.

Sessions is dong well. Most of this is polite except for one ahole, a democrat, asking questions he knows he can't answers! eye roll

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

The emoluments clause applies to the President, which Hillary is not so once again a weak argument by defenders of Trump. I don't recall any President before having extensive business interests outside the US, so I suppose now is exactly the time to get a determination on the legality of it. If Trump had disposed of his business interests before he took office, he could have avoided this problem.
    He did . Gave it all to Trump JR.

ya I dont think that really counts.

Quote Originally Posted by champking View Post
    He did nothing of the sort. It's in a non-blind revocable trust, with Eric giving him updates and an option for Trump to withdraw funds at any time.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

What - is a president supposed to give away everything he and his family owns just because he earned a living before becoming a politician?

Silly.

I wonder what ridiculous thing the left will attack Trump for next?

Silly? That's the way it is for good reason.

If Obama or Clinton did the same thing, you know the right would be up in arms demanding a resignation.

for the last 8 years the silly right has called out Obama for every minute thing, but now that Trump is in power, the silly right turns a blind eye to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    He did nothing of the sort. It's in a non-blind revocable trust, with Eric giving him updates and an option for Trump to withdraw funds at any time.
    Presidents are not subject to the same conflict of interest rules as other government employees,

at the very least, maintaining your international businesses while serving as president is a conflict of interest.

Presidents are not subject to the same conflict of interest rules as other government employees,
    actually, yes they are!

And Trump has exploited every inch of that, honourable guy that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    What - is a president supposed to give away everything he and his family owns just because he earned a living before becoming a politician?

Silly.

No one forced him to run. He chose to do so. If he was not able to get his financial affairs in proper order that's on him. It's not like the Presidential race and transition is a quick thing over a few weeks like most federal elections are here. The thing goes on and on for years. He had time to deal with it.

Silly.

An accusation a day, a leak a week.LOL

Silly.

No one forced him to run. He chose to do so. If he was not able to get his financial affairs in proper order that's on him. It's not like the Presidential race and transition is a quick thing over a few weeks like most federal elections are here. The thing goes on and on for years. He had time to deal with it.
    There is no requirement in the US to give up your financial affairs on becoming President - that Trump did, is a credit to him. At least he isn't building up from scratch a massive foundation like the Clinton's did (for the benefit of their daughter who runs it), and Trudeau is now doing - that really is "pay to play". The beauty of having someone who is already rich, is its highly unlikely that anyone can bribe him - he already has more than enough. That's why he is "the outsider", and its why the Washington elite / media hate him - they can't buy him.

Lets face it. The left has been running around like it's hair is on fire for the last few months. They should print calendars so on any given day the public know what they are going to pound on Trump about. That way they can pick what they want to watch or listen to. Even plan their holidays around it etc. It seems some of the lefties on this thread do not even leave their computers to go to the washroom, so wrapped up in the Trump effect.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post

Silly.

There is no requirement in the US to give up your financial affairs on becoming President - that Trump did, is a credit to him. At least he isn't building up from scratch a massive foundation like the Clinton's did (for the benefit of their daughter who runs it), and Trudeau is now doing - that really is "pay to play". The beauty of having someone who is already rich, is its highly unlikely that anyone can bribe him - he already has more than enough. That's why he is "the outsider", and its why the Washington elite / media hate him - they can't buy him.
    Well after he completed his terms as President Bill Clinton did set up a foundation to help out people with AIDS in Africa. I suppose you can condemn that if you want, but I think it is better than the Trump Foundation that just bought paintings of Donald at silent auctions. Hillary isn't elected to anything so, nor is Bill so no matter how much you despise them personally it might be nice to acknowledge the good work their Foundation does.

On the other hand President Donald currently owns a hotel in Washington DC that foreign dignitaries regularly pay to stay at. Perhaps they could change its name to "pay to play and stay". It would seem to be a much better example of what you say you are condemning.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post

Silly.

Well after he completed his terms as President Bill Clinton did set up a foundation to help out people with AIDS in Africa. I suppose you can condemn that if you want, but I think it is better than the Trump Foundation that just bought paintings of Donald at silent auctions. Hillary isn't elected to anything so, nor is Bill so no matter how much you despise them personally it might be nice to acknowledge the good work their Foundation does.

On the other hand President Donald currently owns a hotel in Washington DC that foreign dignitaries regularly pay to stay at. Perhaps they could change its name to "pay to play and stay". It would seem to be a much better example of what you say you are condemning.
    It's just funny that right after Hillary lost , they shut down their ' global initiative ' or never want to talk about the ' Uranium one ' deal where Clinton Foundation received a ton of money for the sale of weapons grade Uranium to the Russians ..

It's just funny that right after Hillary lost , they shut down their ' global initiative ' or never want to talk about the ' Uranium one ' deal where Clinton Foundation received a ton of money for the sale of weapons grade Uranium to the Russians ..
    Because it's disproven nonsense.

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/2...m-company.html

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/2...m-company.html
    It's another example of the left's projection. They scream and accuse Trump conservatives of shady business dealings with Russia, yet they made all sorts of shady political dealings with Russia themselves.

No, it is another thoroughly debunked alt-right conspiracy theory that is peddled with many inaccuracies and misleading claims

You ource a New York Times article (I though you said that they are MSM fake news) but it is over 2 years old and much more information has been brought forward since then.

Of the remaining individuals connected with Uranium One who donated to the Clinton Foundation, only one was found to have contributed during the same time frame that the deal was taking place, according to The New York Times — Ian Telfer, the company’s chairman:

His donations through the Fernwood Foundation included $1 million reported in 2009, the year his company appealed to the American Embassy to help it keep its mines in Kazakhstan; $250,000 in 2010, the year the Russians sought majority control; as well as $600,000 in 2011 and $500,000 in 2012. Mr. Telfer said that his donations had nothing to do with his business dealings, and that he had never discussed Uranium One with Mr. or Mrs. Clinton. He said he had given the money because he wanted to support Mr. Giustra’s charitable endeavors with Mr. Clinton. “Frank and I have been friends and business partners for almost 20 years,” he said.

The timing of Telfer’s donations might be questionable if there was reason to believe that Hillary Clinton was instrumental in the approval of the deal with Russia, but all the evidence points to the contrary — that Clinton did not play a pivotal role, and, in fact, may not have played any role at all.
    A key fact ignored in criticisms of Clinton’s supposed involvement in the deal is that the uranium was not — nor could it be — exported, and remained under the control of U.S.-based subsidiaries of Uranium One, according to a statement by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission:
    http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...m-russia-deal/

Donald Trump repeats his Mostly False claim about Hillary Clinton, Russia and uranium
    http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...-claim-about-/
    We had Hillary Clinton give Russia 20 percent of the uranium in our country. You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons and other things, like lots of things are done with uranium, including some bad things."

He repeated the 20 percent claim twice more.
    Uranium One[edit]From 2009 to 2013, the Russian atomic energy agency (Rosatom) acquired Uranium One, a Canadian company with global uranium mining stakes including 20% of the uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset with national security implications, the acquisition was analyzed by a committee of nine government agencies, including the State Department, which was then headed by Clinton.[16][1][17] The voting members of the committee can object to such a foreign transaction, but the final decision then rests with the president.[18]
    In April 2015, the New York Times reported that, during the acquisition, the family foundation of Uranium One's chairman made $2.35 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation. The donations were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite a prior agreement to do so. In addition, a Russian investment bank with ties to the Kremlin and which was promoting Uranium One stock paid Bill Clinton $500,000 for a speech in Moscow shortly after the acquisition was announced.[1][17] According to Factcheck.org, there is "no evidence" that the donations influenced Clinton's official actions or that she was involved in the State Department's decision to approve the deal
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinto...nt_controversy

Uranium One is a uranium mining company with headquarters in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It has operations in Australia, Canada, Kazakhstan, South Africa and the United States. In January 2013 Rosatom, a Russian State-owned enterprise, through its subsidiary ARMZ Uranium Holding, purchased the company by a value of $1.3 billion.[2]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_One

Trump has the right to begin an investigation of the Clintons and the Uranium One deal. I support any investigation of any serious wrongdoing. If this is such a serious issue, why after 6 months in office has Trump not acted upon his mantra, "Lock Her Up"

Another failed campaign promise or was there no real evidence to lay charges?
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 14-06-2017 at 10:23 AM.

See the spin PRT. You focus on Trump and the tweets, ..when it was the entire Obama administration, the entire left wing establishment who are complicate in authorizing the sale of weapons grade Uranium to the Russians !

Next we can talk of their involvement in giving Uranium to North Korea

You never bothered to read one word of the information I supplied.

Not one once of weapons grade uranium has left the US to Russia. Not even raw uranium ore.

Quit posting fake information and outright lies.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 14-06-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Not one once of weapons grade uranium has left the US to Russia. Not even raw uranium ore.

1 thing at a time PRT. We're talking about the 'sale ' of weapons grade uranium to the Russians ( this an important point ) quit trying to spin . ..nobody's falling for it.

Here champ king is an article that you might like. It starts out discussing the Russian uranium deal.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why...ium-2016-10-26

But it correctly describes the world wide glut of uranium supplies and that the value of uranium dropped from $160 a ton to less than $20. The amount of production that you wrongly claim that Hillary sold, is only 0.4% of world wide production. And that can never be shipped to Russia

1 thing at a time PRT. We're talking about the 'sale ' of weapons grade uranium to the Russians ( this an important point ) quit trying to spin . ..nobody's falling for it.
    Actually you have it all ***-backwards. The United Statest is buying weapons grade uranium and nuclear maerials FROM Russia, not the other way around.

Then the United States is burning the materials in nuclear power reactors to produce energy and make the world safer with fewer nuclear weapon stockpiles.

Maybe you should read about this 30 year old plan that became an international diplomatic success story that turns weapons of war into peaceful purposes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega...awatts_Program

The Clinton Foundation received a lot of kickbacks for that uranium one deal with Russia.

Actually you have it all ***-backwards. The United Statest is buying weapons grade uranium and nuclear maerials FROM Russia, not the other way around.

Then the United States is burning the materials in nuclear power reactors to produce energy and make the world safer with fewer nuclear weapon stockpiles.

Maybe you should read about this 30 year old plan that became an international diplomatic success story that turns weapons of war into peaceful purposes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega...awatts_Program
    Your getting off topic. What is proven fact is that the Obama administration, along with the Clinton's had a relationship with the Russians . They profited ( some of their largest donors) , even Clinton herself giving speeches to Russian investors and their banks. I can't see Russia hacking in Trump's favor when they have such healthy relationship with the established left...really makes Zero sense ...

It's possible ..if Russians did hack, they were hacking in Clinton's favor ...that seems mire plausible seeing their cozy relationship. It's possible that Trump would have a larger percentage of the vote.

Is that what trump sponsored breitbart have you believing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Honestly Medwards . I've never read a single Breitbart article ever.

Good for you! Good for saying so as well !

Donald Trump sells Qatar $12bn of weapons days after accusing it of funding terrorism

U.S. Defence Secretary Jim Mattis and signed a deal for F-15 fighter jets it described as being worth $12 billion (U.S.).
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...-warships.html
    U.S. maintains military links to Qatar with fighter jet deal, visit by warships
    Qatar remains the home of some 10,000 American troops at a major U.S. military base in the Mideast, even after Arab nations cut ties with Qatar.

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES—A deal between the United States and Qatar for F-15 fighter jets and a visit to Doha by two American warships on Thursday showed the vital military links Washington maintains with a country now in a dispute with several other Arab nations.

Qatar remains the home of some 10,000 American troops at a major U.S. military base in the Mideast. So far, the dispute between Doha and nations led by Saudi Arabia has yet to shake that partnership, though cracks are showing in responses from U.S. President Donald Trump and his administration.
    You can't make this stuff up.

sure, but you have no problem quoting wikileaks or infowarz on previous posts?

C2E Posting Power

^^To be fair though, wasn't that deal made under Obama?

So Trump was powerless to stop it?

C2E Posting Power

No, but this time it wasn't completely on him.

Donald Trump sells Qatar $12bn of weapons days after accusing it of funding terrorism

U.S. Defence Secretary Jim Mattis and signed a deal for F-15 fighter jets it described as being worth $12 billion (U.S.).
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...-warships.html
    U.S. maintains military links to Qatar with fighter jet deal, visit by warships
    Qatar remains the home of some 10,000 American troops at a major U.S. military base in the Mideast, even after Arab nations cut ties with Qatar.

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES—A deal between the United States and Qatar for F-15 fighter jets and a visit to Doha by two American warships on Thursday showed the vital military links Washington maintains with a country now in a dispute with several other Arab nations.

Qatar remains the home of some 10,000 American troops at a major U.S. military base in the Mideast. So far, the dispute between Doha and nations led by Saudi Arabia has yet to shake that partnership, though cracks are showing in responses from U.S. President Donald Trump and his administration.
    You can't make this stuff up.
    Have they all lost their bloody minds? The President and the State Department seem to have a disagreement about Qatar funding terrorism and the US has 10,000 troops there, it's neighbours have just put in place economic sanctions against it and Qatar is now having food shipped in from Iran and Turkey.

There is this huge regional conflict there that the US seems to be escalating rather than reining in. This is exactly how Mr. Crazy T gets the world blown up if he is not careful.

on the plus side, the $12B they used to buy weapons can't be used to fund terrorists....
    There can only be one.

C2E Posting Power

Until those weapons accidentally end up in the hands of terrorists.

Or used by the oppressive government on their own people ( i am not referring to radicals) as has happened in many countries before.

Classic example was Reagan and Rumsfeld chafing Iraq's status as a sponsor of terrorism to a large US client for weapon's against Haig's protests. The US supplied both Iraq and Iran with weapons ( remember the Iran Contract Afair? ) to keep both sides fighting for years

Later during the Bush II administration, Rumsfeld denied any knowledge of where Saddam got the chemicals for gassing the Kurds. Funny how he forgets that he signed over the weapons and delivery systems and actually shook Saddam's hand over the deal.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...#8211;Iraq_war
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 15-06-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    No, but this time it wasn't completely on him.
    Well, you state that he could stop it and he did not. Makes it entirely responsible. The buck stops with the President.

C2E Posting Power

OK. I think that the buck stops at both Presidents who were involved then.

Obama never called out Qatar because they were an ally and the largest base for US operations.

Trump seemed to follow whatever the Saudis wanted.

Ramadan Bombathon update (Day 20)

112 attacks in the name of Islam, 1190 killed (plus thousands more injured)

0 attacks in the name of all other religions (combined, worldwide)

0 Muslims killed by "Islamophobes"

Source: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/at...aspx?Yr=Last30

The President and the State Department seem to have a disagreement about Qatar funding terrorism

Which is odd, considering that Qatar gave the Clinton Foundation $1 million while Hillary was Secretary of State. It's obvious that Qatar sponsors terrorists.

Ramadan Bombathon update (Day 20)

112 attacks in the name of Islam, 1190 killed (plus thousands more injured)

0 attacks in the name of all other religions (combined, worldwide)

0 Muslims killed by "Islamophobes"

Source: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/at...aspx?Yr=Last30
    So the solution is to sell the Saudis, Qatar and anyone with megabucks, tactical weapons?

The President and the State Department seem to have a disagreement about Qatar funding terrorism

Which is odd, considering that Qatar gave the Clinton Foundation $1 million while Hillary was Secretary of State. It's obvious that Qatar sponsors terrorists.
    Didn't the Saudi's give money to the Foundation too? They are on the other side of the current dispute, so then you would think those donations would just cancel each other out. However, I also really doubt Hillary has much influence on what the State Department is currently doing . As well, I doubt that the current policy is being shaped by who gave what to who 5 or 10 years ago.

Didn't we give Saudi weapons?

Another Trump campaign promise is about to bit the dust

Trump, who campaigned on an “America First” pledge and said that “we cannot be the policeman of the world, we cannot protect countries all over the world,”

Global Cop or America First: Trump's Afghanistan Plan Risks
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...ghanistan-plan
    A deteriorating situation in Afghanistan may soon force President Donald Trump to decide which of two campaign promises to keep: end the U.S. role as the world’s policeman or vigorously fight terrorism.

Either choice carries enormous risks.

Sixteen years after invading Afghanistan, the U.S. effort to bolster the government in Kabul is failing and most of the 8,400 American troops are limited to training Afghan fighters who keep losing territory to the Taliban. One option Trump is weighing would add 5,000 troops. But that could increase military casualties without long-term gains in a country that has stymied foreign militaries dating back at least to the British occupation of the 1800s.

“We’ll have a small fraction of the total troop strength we had at their apex a few years ago, close to 100,000 U.S. troops and 140,000 total international forces," said Dan Feldman, a former State Department special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan. "If that didn’t achieve stability in Afghanistan, how will this modest increase help break the stalemate?"

Another Trump campaign promise is about to bit the dust

Trump, who campaigned on an “America First” pledge and said that “we cannot be the policeman of the world, we cannot protect countries all over the world,”

Global Cop or America First: Trump's Afghanistan Plan Risks
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...ghanistan-plan
    A deteriorating situation in Afghanistan may soon force President Donald Trump to decide which of two campaign promises to keep: end the U.S. role as the world’s policeman or vigorously fight terrorism.

Either choice carries enormous risks.

Sixteen years after invading Afghanistan, the U.S. effort to bolster the government in Kabul is failing and most of the 8,400 American troops are limited to training Afghan fighters who keep losing territory to the Taliban. One option Trump is weighing would add 5,000 troops. But that could increase military casualties without long-term gains in a country that has stymied foreign militaries dating back at least to the British occupation of the 1800s.

“We’ll have a small fraction of the total troop strength we had at their apex a few years ago, close to 100,000 U.S. troops and 140,000 total international forces," said Dan Feldman, a former State Department special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan. "If that didn’t achieve stability in Afghanistan, how will this modest increase help break the stalemate?"
    Maybe Afghanistan will turn into Trump's version of Vietnam to go along with his version of Watergate he already seems to already be very embroiled in. Now where are those "tapes" of Comey he said he had?

Maybe Afghanistan will turn into Trump's version of Vietnam to go along with his version of Watergate he already seems to already be very embroiled in. Now where are those "tapes" of Comey he said he had?
    Wasn't Trump's 'Vietnam' the avoidance of STDs during the 80s?

Trump Boasted of Avoiding STDs While Dating: Vaginas Are ‘Landmines … It Is My Personal Vietnam’

Wasn't Trump's 'Vietnam' the avoidance of STDs during the 80s?

Trump Boasted of Avoiding STDs While Dating: Vaginas Are ‘Landmines … It Is My Personal Vietnam’
    Perhaps, but maybe we should get some confirmation of that from his doctor. However, I am as hopeful on that as I am on seeing those tax returns and those tapes and ...

..and Trumps proof that Obama was born in Kenya and his proof that he was wiretapped...

A 17-year-old girl that was kidnapped outside a Virginia mosque and murdered, and it won't be investigated as a hate crime.

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/sta...00043973570560

The kidnapping/murder suspect is an undocumented "dreamer".

From El Salvador... not a country on Trump's ban list.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Don't give him ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    From El Salvador... not a country on Trump's ban list.
    Correct. But an illegal resident nonetheless.

Donald Trump Betrays His Promise to 'Stay Out' of Syria
    His interventionism is a betrayal of all who supported him due to his claim that the U.S. “gets nothing” from the conflict and should “stay out.”

During the 2016 election, many voters were dismayed by both major-party candidates. Hillary Clinton was the personification of the Washington establishment foreign-policy hawk, with her dismal track record of urging ill-conceived military interventions. And Donald Trump, who railed against squandering American blood and treasure abroad, possessed neither the knowledge nor the experience nor the discipline nor the character to steer America’s approach to geopolitics in a better direction.

As if those choices weren't dispiriting enough, I fretted that for all Donald Trump’s denunciations of the Iraq War and promises to spend money at home rather than abroad, a careful assessment of his words showed that his own instincts were interventionist—that he was no less likely than his opponent to blunder into a major war.

In Syria today, President Trump is risking just such a conflict.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-syria/530841/

Meanwhile, Trump just made the world's most expensive health care system even more expensive...

The New York Times reports that the Trump White House is about to put out an executive order on drug pricing, and it looks as if the whole thing were basically written by big pharma.

In other words, America, we've just been sold out on the price of drugs.

According to the report and similar reporting from Kaiser Health News and Politico, a draft executive order includes nothing to curb prices. Instead, drug companies would be in line to get more power to charge monopoly prices overseas and be allowed to give even fewer discounts to hospitals with poor patients. And the administration is promising to roll back regulations that pharma has complained about.

Nothing for the American people; everything for the American corporations.

Donald Trump pledges new law that has already existed for 20 years
    http://globalnews.ca/news/3547905/do...ts-immigrants/

U.S. President Donald Trump wants to enact a new law restricting welfare benefits for immigrants for five years. But there’s a problem.

The law has already been on the books for 20 years.

Trump spoke at an Iowa rally Wednesday night, saying his administration would be “putting in legislation to that effect very shortly,” The Hill reported.

Another case of Trump "priming the pump".
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

^Yup, it's like running in place and offering the illusion of movement.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Just like old times: Trump says 18 false things at Iowa campaign rally
    Trump offered up whoppers about CNN, taxes, the Paris climate accord, Keystone XL, and, as usual, himself.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...ign-rally.html
    WASHINGTON—U.S. President Donald Trump held a campaign rally in Iowa on Wednesday. It was just like old times.

He insulted Hillary Clinton. He insulted Chicago. He attributed a sensational claim to an unnamed buddy of his.

He floated a confusing proposal, promising to change welfare law to something that sounds identical to current welfare law. He executed a dizzying shift in rhetoric, applauding himself for appointing a former Goldman Sachs executive after railing against Goldman Sachs. And he revealed an unbaked plan — to turn his hypothetical giant wall on the Mexican border into a power-generating “solar wall” that would reduce the hypothetical reimbursement bill he still insists he will be sending to Mexico.

More than anything, though, he made things up.

Trump averages two false claims a day as president. When he was on the campaign trail, giving longer and less scripted speeches, he averaged more than 15 per day. Returning to his roots, he offered up 18 in his 70-minute speech in Cedar Rapids.
    read all 18. Some are real whoppers.

Supreme Court partly re-instates Trump's travel ban (basically the Supreme Court has stayed the lower courts' injunction until they can hear the full case in October).

https://apnews.com/9c78ee01f1ab45ffba852974fb229487
    Last edited by MrOilers; 26-06-2017 at 11:29 AM.

3 Strikes against Trump "Making America Great Again"

'Conned' by Trump: Hundreds of Boeing and Carrier Workers to Lose Their Jobs
    "When he spoke at our plant, he acted like no one was going to lose their job."
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ose-their-jobs

"Because of corporate greed, company leaders are racing to the bottom, to find places where they can pay the least."
    —Chuck Jones, former president of United Steelworkers Union 1999

In a move that appears to negate President Donald Trump's numerous vows to fight for American workers at risk of losing their jobs due to corporate outsourcing and layoffs, Boeing told CNN on Thursday that around 200 workers based in South Carolina would be fired in an effort to cut costs.

The layoffs, according to reports, will come from several factories throughout the state, including one Trump visited just a few months ago.

"The South Carolina plant was Trump's first company visit outside the Beltway after he became president," the Washington Post noted.

In a memo to employees on Thursday informing them of the layoffs, Joan Robinson-Berry, vice president and general manager of Boeing South Carolina, wrote that "there may be more to come."

Is Trump keeping his jobs promise? Layoffs at Carrier, Ford moves to China

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/ca...moves-overseas

This week Carrier AC announced it would be laying off 600 of the 1,400 workers at its Indianapolis plant, despite reaching a deal with the president and vice president-elect in December to save 1,000 jobs. At the time, Trump celebrated Carrier's decision to keep its Indianapolis plant open and not move production to Mexico. Before taking office, Trump worked out a deal with Carrier AC to save 1,100 jobs at its plant in Indianapolis when the manufacturer agreed not to move production to Mexico in exchange for $7 million in financial incentives.
    "Companies are not going to leave the United States any more without consequences," Trump told an audience gathered at the plant.

Yup, the "consequences" was that Carrier got $7 million of taxpayer's money

Meanwhile over at Ford...

Throughout Trump's campaign, U.S. automakers were a regular target for attack for outsourcing production and jobs to Mexico. Shortly after taking office, Trump fired a warning shot at General Motors threatening tariffs on the company's Mexican-made cars. The threat appeared to be successful, when only hours later Ford announced it was canceling plans to build a $1.6 billion plant in Mexico for its smaller model cars. Instead the company said it would invest in its Michigan operations.
    Later, Trump would claim credit for encouraging the auto-giant to come back to to the United States.

But on Tuesday, Ford announced that the plant slated for Mexico would be opened in China. The new plant will build the compact Focus model, which Ford currently builds in Michigan and China.

Who’s afraid of Trump? Not enough Republicans — at least for now.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.a2b9f084596a

One senior Republican close to both the White House and many senators called Trump and his political operation “a paper tiger,” noting how many GOP lawmakers feel free “to go their own way.”
    John Weaver, a GOP consultant and frequent Trump critic, was blunter in explaining why Trump has been unable to rule with a hammer. “When you have a 35 percent approval rating and you’re under FBI investigation, you don’t have a hammer,” he said, referring to the probe of possible connections between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Illegal immigration plummets after Trump inauguration!

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...t-under-trump/

Yes it is true! Even many Canadians don't want to move or visit Trumpland. What was seen as a land of opportunity and liberty is now seen as a country of fear and hate.

Many of my American friends and contacts ask a lot about living in Canada and are embarrassed by what Trump says and does.

C2E Posting Power

You would think that the president would know the basics about how taxes work. You'd also think that the president would know better than to threaten a company he disagrees with extra taxes.

The #AmazonWashingtonPost, sometimes referred to as the guardian of Amazon not paying internet taxes (which they should) is FAKE NEWS!
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/28/b...ax-amazon.html

I thought that Trump was against business taxes and wanted them lowered. That is unless they are political opponents and then he wants to have them hung in the public square on 'Trumped up' charges...

Let's be honest (a truly Trumpian oxymoron), the best thing Trump knows about handling taxes is, well you guessed it.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Yes it is true! Even many Canadians don't want to move or visit Trumpland. What was seen as a land of opportunity and liberty is now seen as a country of fear and hate.

Many of my American friends and contacts ask a lot about living in Canada and are embarrassed by what Trump says and does.
    PRT has friends and contacts?
    Miss . Fakerson !
    . Fake! Fake

That all you got? Your record is skipping and repeating the same song over and over again. Try harder!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast