Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump Effect - Household Income Hits 15-Year High

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    It has taken off like a rocket in the last year.
    It's the best performance for a Republican, but less than Obama's first year. Or FDR's. Or Johnson's

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do...all-2017-12-20
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

^^Really

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Please. I did not hear a single person anywhere predict that "Obama's economy" would skyrocket in 2017. Not one. Nobody here did, either.

Instead, everyone on the news (and many on this forum) was predicting how the sky would fall and how the economy would tank if Trump got elected.
    really? every expert i saw predicted a rise in the stock market after the election regardless of who would have one. that's because the stock market always rises after an election regardless of who wins. the test is never the first year, it's the next four because that's when you start to see the long-term implications of policy changes.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Please. I did not hear a single person anywhere predict that "Obama's economy" would skyrocket in 2017. Not one. Nobody here did, either.

Instead, everyone on the news (and many on this forum) was predicting how the sky would fall and how the economy would tank if Trump got elected.
    really? every expert i saw predicted a rise in the stock market after the election regardless of who would have one. that's because the stock market always rises after an election regardless of who wins. the test is never the first year, it's the next four because that's when you start to see the long-term implications of policy changes.
    You folks may be comparing apples to oranges, short term vs long term.

I recall most predictions being for an immediate drop if Trump got elected.

I recall that because immediately after the election I’d posted on Seeking Alpha that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to pile into the market. (I didn’t because I’d been backing for a while by that time out due to the high valuations. I did expect a short term spike. I didn’t expect it to keep rising as it has and as Trump has raised thd propspdvg of massive debt-driven spending. But hey, everyone like tax cuts now vs the future, even if their comparative NPV makes them worse off in time.)

This is what could happen to the stock market if Donald Trump wins

Excerpt:

“Wall Street's long-running view that Hillary Clinton would easily become the next president has been replaced by a new fear that Donald Trump could win, and it probably won't be a pretty picture for stocks if he does.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/02/this...rump-wins.html

“Mark Cuban Predicts a Stock Market Crash if Trump Wins the White House“
    “Mark Cuban Predicts Stock Market Mayhem if Trump Wins the White House” | Fortune
    http://fortune.com/2016/09/07/mark-c...ticizes-trump/
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 12:46 PM.

The biggest drop since Trump took office is his job approval rating.

On Jan 20th 2017 he was 44.3% positive vs 44.2% negative. A 0.1% margin

On Jan 16th 2018 he is now at 39.3% positive vs 55.8% negative. a -16.5% margin a 16,500% drop

SAD
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

The current number the stock market is at has little to do with the health of the american economy, nor the majority of it's population. It also has little affect on average house income.

I find it amusing that many of trumpsters are parading around like it's so amazing that the stock market has continues to recover since 2008, however they only took wind of it in late 2016, and even more amusing is their complete and utter denial when facts are put out on the matter, but they still want to keep pushing trumps lies and misleading information. What's even better than that is when trumpsters are asked how Trump achieved what they are claiming he achieved, the subject is changed, or a blank stare is given.
    Last edited by Medwards; Yesterday at 01:53 PM.

Meanwhile, over at Carrier...

‘He made promises that he didn’t keep’: Laid-off factory workers feel betrayed by Trump
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...mp-jobs-345493
    President Donald Trump’s path to becoming “the best jobs president that God ever created” was supposed to run straight through Indianapolis and the Carrier manufacturing plant that had for decades employed thousands of workers there.

Instead, more than a year after the then-president-elect stood before a crowd of cheering workers and trumpeted a deal to save their jobs — and months after the company’s name faded from the headlines and the president himself moved on to other talking points — more than 1,500 once-employed residents are now out of work, Indiana union officials say. More than 200 Carrier employees clocked out of their final shift at the plant just last week.

Trump’s campaign promises to punish companies that move factories overseas, bring back manufacturing jobs and revive the once-thriving Rust Belt sector became a constant refrain that helped him win the Midwest and ultimately the White House in the 2016 election. But they were also pledges he’ll find difficult to keep.

In the year since he took office, the president who once pledged to slap tariffs on trading partners and crack down on China has so far softened or abandoned — at least for now — many of his hard-line stances on trade. Trump has moved instead to cut the corporate tax rate and launch a deregulatory push, heralding a wave of announcements from other companies planning to invest and create new U.S. jobs. The president plans to tout those achievements during a visit Thursday to Pennsylvania.

But those plans offer no comfort for the Steel Valley workers at companies like Carrier that had counted on him to keep their jobs in Indiana.

“The workers that I talk to feel betrayed, because he made promises that he didn’t keep,” said Robert James, president of United Steelworkers Local 1999, which represents workers at firms including Carrier, its parent company United Technologies, Rexnord Corp. and Vertellus — all of which have laid off workers since late 2016.

At Carrier, workers found themselves at the center of the spotlight when Trump brokered a one-off deal between the firm and the state of Indiana that his team used as an example of what he would do as president. “They’re not gonna leave this country, and the workers are gonna keep their jobs,” Trump, then president-elect, said that day in December 2016.

Despite the show at the Carrier plant, the company has eliminated more than 500 jobs since July. And union officials fear that the $7 million Carrier received in state incentives as part of the Trump deal to keep jobs is only going to be invested in automation — ultimately leading to a need for even fewer employees.
    “Things are going really well for our economy, a subject the Fake News spends as little time as possible discussing!” Trump tweeted last month, listing accomplishments that included companies returning to the U.S. and a stock market at “another RECORD HIGH.”
    A record stock market may demonstrate record profits but the middle class are taking the hit.

Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

More from your source

That graph really shows how things changed under the Reagan, Clinton, Bush, and Obama presidencies

Yeah, how the bottom 90% gained under Obama and even Clinton, reversing the trends of the trickle down Presidents, Reagan, Bush I & II.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Yeah, how the bottom 90% gained under Obama and even Clinton
    How come you don't attribute it to the presidents that came before Clinton (Bush I), and before Obama (Bush II)?

How come you don't attribute it to the presidents that came before Clinton (Bush I), and before Obama (Bush II)?
    Because he can read a graph? See how things got worse 2001-2007? That's Bush II territory. See how it got worse between 82-90? That's Reagan & Bush.

In bizarre reversal under Trump, consumer agency reveals moves to protect payday lenders

In what would be a laughable move if it wasn’t so incredibly tragic, the Trump administration’s newly emasculated Consumer Financial Protection Bureau this week sided with payday lenders over consumers.You heard right. The CFPB, now led by an appointee of a businessman-politician whose companies have gone bankrupt a half-dozen times, has decided to back off from a planned crackdown on one of the financial sector’s most blood-sucking industries.
    http://www.latimes.com/business/laza...119-story.html

I'm sure one of the Trumpeteers will be along shortly to let us know why this is good for the average American.

If this guy were Muslim, Trump would be sending up a tweetstorm about terrorism.
    Bystanders tackle knife-carrying Tucson man after he assaults Muslim women outside of Starbucks

A Tucson man has been taken into custody after he yelled racist slurs and attacked a group of Muslim women sitting outside of a Starbucks — only to be tackled by bystanders as he attempted to flee.

According to TucsonNewsNow, 44-year-old Manuel Lewis was arrested on Sunday, Jan. 14, around 9 p.m after confronting the women on the coffee shop patio, yelling slurs at them and then flipping over their table before bolting.

http://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/byst...-of-starbucks/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123