Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti Trump Progressive opens fire at Republican baseball practice

C2E Continued Contributor

Default Anti Trump Progressive opens fire at Republican baseball practice

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.1b09b6f7426a

From the shooters Facebook page: "Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co"
    Another Democrat who takes "fight in the streets" literally.

A deranged Bernie-supporting, Russian collusion-obsessed leftist attempts a mass shooting of right-wing politicians.

It's going to be hard for the left-loving mainstream media to spin this. My bets is that - the media will blame white supremacy (since this shooter was a white guy), blame men, and blame gun control.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^Could have just as easily been a right wing crazy who happened to support Trump shooting Democratic lawmakers. Would you have used such an incident to smear all Republicans?

In fact a similar mass shooting incident happened just a few years involving Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

And right on cue, the first post from a liberal is trying to excuse this assassin's actions because "well, ANYONE could've done it!" and "A Democrat politician was shot almost 10 years ago!"

Give it a rest.

^I am not in any way excusing the shooter's action. I condemn the shooter and his actions unreservedly. It was the OP and yourself who are trying to make political hay not me.

Same nutters be out rioting , burning the American flag, ganging up on those with different opinions.

Me thinks it's much their fake news media , fear mongering , spreading false aligations .

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    It was the OP and yourself who are trying to make political hay not me.
    But the shooting *was* political.

You guys are knocking years off your lives with all this arguing and bickering about politics in a completely different country. Why add all the stress?
    Just give up. You're not going to change the other side's opinion, only make it worse. Having an opinion is great, but only when you have some small amount of control over influencing actions. It's just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    It was the OP and yourself who are trying to make political hay not me.
    But the shooting *was* political.
    Your opinion was quite different when Democratic Congresswoman Giffords was shoot back in 2011.

This is what MrOilers had to say in post #10 then:

Stop right there.

This tragedy isn't Sarah Palin, it isn't Republicans, it isn't the Tea Party, it isn't guns.

This tragedy was caused by a destructive person, and he could have killed with a home made bomb instead of a gun if he really wanted to. And there are crazies on all sides of any political debate, who advocate for the deaths of politicians that they don't agree with.

6 people were brutally murdered in public. This is not a political point.
    Link to thread: http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...light=giffords

C2E Posting Power

lol got 'em

This tragedy isn't Sarah Palin, it isn't Republicans, it isn't the Tea Party, it isn't guns.

This tragedy was caused by a destructive person, and he could have killed with a home made bomb instead of a gun if he really wanted to. And there are crazies on all sides of any political debate, who advocate for the deaths of politicians that they don't agree with.

6 people were brutally murdered in public. This is not a political point.
    Link to thread: http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...light=giffords[/QUOTE]

Yup, I remember that incident well - an anarchist nutcase sprayed bullets at a crowd in a town hall. He hit the Democrat Congresswoman. Caused a big second-amendment debate.

Today, the shooter asked where the Democrat baseball team was practicing and where the Repbublican team was practicing. He then took a rifle with several ammo cartridges and he opened fire on the Republicans.

This was a 100% politically-motivated kill-attempt, especially encouraged by the media, celebrities, and Democrat politicians since Trump was elected.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 14-06-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Your opinion was quite different when Democratic Congresswoman Giffords was shoot back in 2011.

I've really learned a lot about how the left wing views politics in the last 2 years.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

You guys are knocking years off your lives with all this arguing and bickering about politics in a completely different country.
    Agreed
    Non semper erit aestas

I've come to understand that Mr. Oilers is a parody account.
    There can only be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    I've come to understand that Mr. Oilers is a parody account.
    Bye.

Since you just want to hurl insults at me, I have no time for you.

it's no surprise a crazed left-winger would attempt a mass assassination when hate-promoting left wingers are flooding the media with stuff like this:

Loretta Lynch calling for more marching, blood and death on the streets" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9bquunDh1Y

Tim Kaine calling for "fighting in the streets": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp2eE7hxD0s

Kathy Griffin posing with a mock severed head of Donald Trump

Live plays in Central park depicting people stabbing President Trump to death

Bernie Sanders telling his followers to "take down Trump". http://archive.is/guXbv

C2E Posting Power

I have a feeling Paul Rand might not agree with this statement as much anymore:

.@Judgenap: Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!
    https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/746022114042478592

Blaming this shooting on the media makes as much sense as blaming Stephen Harper or Ralph Klein for the beaheading that happened on the Greyhound bus in Manitoba (which I am sure some idiots out there did anyway). There are extremists on all sides of any political debate, whether they are abortion clinic bombers, anarchists, gunmen, or eco-terrorists, which we saw plenty of before. Scapegoat whoever you want, but this gunman (like all of them) is an unbalanced and destructive person who took actions (for no determinate or apparent reason) that caused a lot of harm. That's it.

If anybody is acting disgusting in the aftermath of this tragedy, it's the right-leaners of the political spectrum who are digging for anything to attempt to turn this into a political issue. Nobody in their right mind (of any political affiliation) condones this activity at all.

To think that the "left wing" has some kind of monopoly on this sort of thing, or that they started it, is both absurd and hateful. Blaming Bernie, Left Wing media, Loretta Lynch, Tim Kaine, etc. is both a cop-out and a fallacy.

edit: slightly edited
    Last edited by Channing; 14-06-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    Blaming this shooting on the media makes as much sense as blaming Stephen Harper or Ralph Klein for the beaheading that happened on the Greyhound bus in Manitoba (which I am sure some idiots out there did anyway). There are extremists on all sides of any political debate, whether they are abortion clinic bombers, anarchists, gunmen, or eco-terrorists, which we saw plenty of before. Scapegoat whoever you want, but this gunman (like all of them) is an unbalanced and destructive person who took actions (for no determinate or apparent reason) that caused a lot of harm. That's it.

If anybody is acting disgusting in the aftermath of this tragedy, it's the right-leaners of the political spectrum who are digging for anything to attempt to turn this into a political issue. Nobody in their right mind (of any political affiliation) condones this activity at all.

To think that the "left wing" has some kind of monopoly on this sort of thing, or that they started it, is both absurd and hateful. Blaming Bernie, Left Wing media, Loretta Lynch, Tim Kaine, etc. is both a cop-out and a fallacy.
    As people offered prayers for the victims, a profile began to emerge of Hodgkinson, a onetime home inspector. A Facebook page believed to be his includes pictures of 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders and rhetoric against President Trump, including a post that reads: “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.a8bda4fb4137

Sanders (Vt.) said Hodgkinson volunteered on his presidential campaign
    Last edited by champking; 14-06-2017 at 01:59 PM.

^The language is all metaphor. And it is clear metaphor.

Really, politics is like a war. Heck, candidates of all political stripes call the money in their campaign funds, their "war chest".

edit: straight copy
    Last edited by Channing; 14-06-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Really, politics is like a war. Heck, candidates of all political stripes call the money in their campaign funds, their "war chest".
    A metaphor ? He followed through on it !

Then you try use the Greyhound guy, who had no political affiliation . Who was deemed a skitso as example ...some people's kids !

C2E Posting Power

It's ironic that the Trump supporters are declaring the left violent and hateful, with the amount of times Trump has called for violence:

http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump.../#wMCMWdwl9iqO

Even has videos so you can't call it fake news. And this is just at his rallies before election.

The reality is there are extremists on every side of every issue, and using one example from one view to label a whole group of people as violent is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by champking View Post

A metaphor ? He followed through on it !

Then you try use the Greyhound guy, who had no political affiliation . Who was deemed a skitso as example ...some people's kids !
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...614-story.html

One post, written on March 22, read: “Trump is Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.” On Facebook, he was a member of groups with names including “The Road to Hell is Paved with Republicans” and “Terminate the Republican Party.” None of his posts explicitly advocated violence.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Tim Slater, who is leading the investigation, cautioned reporters that it was “too early” to know what motivated the shooting.

My point (and it has been from the beginning) is that there are extremists on all sides of the political spectrum. Pinning the blame for a murder on people all one side of the political spectrum is a pointless exercise, as this type of senseless violence and madness can obviously come from anywhere.

edit: no edits
    Last edited by Channing; 14-06-2017 at 04:05 PM.

C2E Posting Power

^in case they forgot that the far right has violent extremists too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/01..._14517822.html

I'd rather C2E than work!

I am somewhat relieved that the discussion in this thread is about left versus right wing extremists.

Just imagine if it was an immigrant or Muslim who shot the politicians today instead of a white, American born man?

Quote Originally Posted by North Guy66 View Post
    I am somewhat relieved that the discussion in this thread is about left versus right wing extremists.

Just imagine if it was an immigrant or Muslim who shot the politicians today instead of a white, American born man?
    Yet upthread, you can still twists words.Muslims, immigrants, whites blacks, there is evil in everyone

I've really learned a lot about how the left wing views politics in the last 2 years.
    I actually find them less tolerant

In this shooting, as with other mass shootings, while people may talk of the shooter's motivation, their political stripes are rarely at issue. Careful consideration of the root cause generally points to stronger gun control better support for mental health issues as the keys to preventing such actions. Odd that in this instance, it seems to be immediately met with howls at the media or the Democratic Party. Mass shootings are a symptom, and Dems and the media are not the virus. Easy access to guns and limited access to mental health support are.

Breitbart was severely disappointed but they got over it and can now blame leftists and the MSM and their other favourites.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

The shooter was identified as James T. Hodgkinson, a 66-year-old home inspector from Illinois who had several minor run-ins with the law in recent years and belonged to a Facebook group called "Terminate the Republican Party."

It's not hard to see the utter hate / biase put out by the establishment and their media .Their propoganada and brainwashing have an effect in this politically correct / sensitive world ...what they doing is breeding hate . Why you see their minions rioting, burning the American flag , why this witch hunt .

This year's Bilderberg ...what they discuss , was how they going take down Trump.
    Last edited by champking; 14-06-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

My point (and it has been from the beginning) is that there are extremists on all sides of the political spectrum. Pinning the blame for a murder on people all one side of the political spectrum is a pointless exercise, as this type of senseless violence and madness can obviously come from anywhere.
    perhaps it's just semantics but the senseless violence and madness doesn't come from "anywhere".

if it came from anywhere it would have to be considered as coming at/from random and that's not the case.

irrespective of whether it comes from the left or the right or from an immigrant or a homegrown supremacist or from a christian or a muslim or an atheist arena, all of these arenas are providing cover and/or a hiding place and/or a rationale for the same kind of hatred and propensity for violence. they all encourage it from their own midsts by attributing blame for it to other midsts and refusing to see or acknowledge their own respective complicity.

there seems to be some sort of tribal belief - which is easy enough to see without leaving this thread - that one's own tribe by definition is good and pure and evil only resides elsewhere. until we recognize that evil thrives best at home and that's where it needs to be rooted out, i fear we are doomed to failure.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post

Breitbart was severely disappointed but they got over it and can now blame leftists and the MSM and their other favourites.

You don't know that..why even say it?

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post

Why not? Everyone's doing it these days.

A little thing I call "reading it."
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

^^^Totally agree kcantor

It is dispicable that some posters want to make the political hay out of a tragic event by an extemist with a history of problems who had access to high powered automatic weapons. This guy or the next attack can be from the left or right or a delusional with no political views who just wants to become famous like Mark Chapman who killed John Lennon or John Hinckley who shot Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.

These extremist wackos do not represent left or right views nor do ISIS and Islamic extremists, represent Muslims.

Look at these people for who they are. They are unbalanced and cannot be reasoned with.

I appeal to everyone that the way to stop this is not by making them a symbol of a cause or the poster child of their loose affiliations.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

A little thing I call "reading it."

No link though..imagination.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    ^^^Totally agree kcantor

It is dispicable that some posters want to make the political hay out of a tragic event by an extemist with a history of problems who had access to high powered automatic weapons. This guy or the next attack can be from the left or right or a delusional with no political views who just wants to become famous like Mark Chapman who killed John Lennon or John Hinckley who shot Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.

These extremist wackos do not represent left or right views nor do ISIS and Islamic extremists, represent Muslims.

Look at these people for who they are. They are unbalanced and cannot be reasoned with.

I appeal to everyone that the way to stop this is not by making them a symbol of a cause or the poster child of their loose affiliations.
    I see right through you PRT . I understand the psychology, the spin , the deflection
    ..an example I will give is : say a person who's against gays. ..the guy who's most vocal about it, so against , 9 times out of 10 they gay, or participate in gay acts ...then we get in to the denial .

P.s. not sure if word 'gay' is politically correct now days, do not mean to offend. If so always interested in new words . Thanks !
    Last edited by champking; 14-06-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^^^Totally agree kcantor

I see right through you PRT . I understand the psychology, the spin , the deflection
    ..an example I will give is : say a person who's against gays. ..the guy who's most vocal about it, so against , 9 times out of 10 they gay, or participate in gay acts ...then we get in to the denial .
    go away. please. or stop. please. in almost 11 1/2 years i've never put another poster on "ignore" (despite there being some posters i choose to ignore more often than not) but some of your posts make it awfully tempting to make you the first.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    It's ironic that the Trump supporters are declaring the left violent and hateful, with the amount of times Trump has called for violence:

http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump.../#wMCMWdwl9iqO
    It's not "ironic". Those videos show protesters starting physical violence against Trump supporters or trying to physically attack Trump himself. Trump is merely talking and encouraging people to fight back against people attacking them.

Note how that is completely different than the left, who is preaching that the way you combat people hurting your feelings (or how to deal with people you disagree with) is to assault them with physical violence.

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    ^^^Totally agree kcantor

go away. please. or stop. please. in almost 11 1/2 years i've never put another poster on "ignore" (despite there being some posters i choose to ignore more often than not) but some of your posts make it awfully tempting to make you the first.
    respect your opinion Ken but have never agree with you. I'm not cater to your demands. If it was Ken's way we all have to post with our real names , there be sorts of retribution for our thoughts and opinions . We be censored . It defeat purpose of this forum .

With that said when Admin was laid up, certain people were there for , they financially supported, so feel we all have a right.
    Last edited by champking; 14-06-2017 at 04:30 PM.

^^^Totally agree kcantor

People on the left commit the same atrocities as people on the right, however the irritating (and most laughable) part is how the left then claims moral superiority.

If it was Ken's way we all have to post with our real names , there be sorts of retribution for our thoughts and opinions . We be censored .
    Yup.

People have given me veiled threats of physical violence and have told me that they would attempt to sabotage my professional career (thereby taking away my hard-earned livelihood) simply because I have an opinion that they disagree with. This form of fascism from the left is really insufferable.

Left / Right / Muslim / Christian / Atheist if you want to commit an act of violence you will. Evil is evil. Regardless of where on the political or religious they sit
    FREE THE LOOPING .GIF MEMES
    youtube.com/GrimEmpire

If it was Ken's way we all have to post with our real names , there be sorts of retribution for our thoughts and opinions . We be censored .
    Yup.

People have given me veiled threats of physical violence and have told me that they would attempt to sabotage my professional career (thereby taking away my hard-earned livelihood) simply because I have an opinion that they disagree with. This form of fascism from the left is really insufferable.
    C2E is special in a sense . It's way before social media ever existed and was a joint effort ( can you believe Medwards was a moderator ?) It was partially funded by the city/ EEDC ..it was a propoganada machine for the city...till there were inner rumblings . Funding got cut . It went independent . It wasn't till the last few years that the forum really changed. It needed crowed funding and Admin needed help. ( or so I understand the evolution ) now it's become a more FREE place. It's more an everything forum , where everyone is entitled to express and have an opinion .

Some would love that control back !

Not sure how this could be since you use a pseudonym. I doubt MrOilers is your actual name.

I use a pseudonym as well as on this board at the request of my boss to make sure my personal views are never attributed to the non-profit organization that employs me (for which I am sometimes a spokesperson).

Not sure how this could be since you use a pseudonym. I doubt MrOilers is your actual name.

I use a pseudonym as well as on this board at the request of my boss to make sure my personal views are never attributed to the non-profit organization that employs me (for which I am sometimes a spokesperson).
    I would assume Debra ?

[QUOTE][champking: I see right through you PRT . I understand the psychology, the spin , the deflection /QUOTE]

Yes,we also see right through you too. From one ear to the other, a large void...

We see through your blind hatred, your xenophobia, your conspiracies, your distrust for institutions, your broken and disjointed ideas, your extremist views and we worry about your ability to grasp reality and reasoned thoughts.

Please seek professional help.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

[QUOTE=Edmonton PRT;832529]
    [champking: I see right through you PRT . I understand the psychology, the spin , the deflection /QUOTE]

Yes,we also see right through you too. From one ear to the other, a large void...

We see through your blind hatred, your xenophobia, your conspiracies, your distrust for institutions, your broken and disjointed ideas, your extremist views and we worry about your ability to grasp reality and reasoned thoughts.

Please seek professional help.
    Yeah I'm not a sheep. ..proud of it ☺ won't be eating my ribs

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    PRT is the one on the edge of reality. Dreaming of personal rail transit for herself and visions of sugar plums. Loves spewing hatred and driving people out of the C2e since Edmonton Daily Photo one after one. Just a certified pain in the butt this lady. Goes on and on and on, reminds me of my wife.
    EDP that guy was a piece of work . Him and PRT should hook up

I don't post much but I read and it just gets so tiring. I guess I need to find something different to do.

Very similar, stubborn like mules

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Yup.

people or anonymous posters? which would make it fascism from the unknown and not from the left wouldn't it?

Yup.

people or anonymous posters? which would make it fascism from the unknown and not from the left wouldn't it?
    I'll tell you what ' fascism ' is Ken. It's where they privatised the profits and socialise the loses . Sound familiar ?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Yup.

I'll tell you what ' fascism ' is Ken. It's where they privatised the profits and socialise the loses . Sound familiar ?
    go bait someone else somewhere else...

Yup.

go bait someone else somewhere else...
    Go con someone else with your big words

^^^Totally agree kcantor

P.s. not sure if word 'gay' is politically correct now days, do not mean to offend. If so always interested in new words . Thanks !
    For some reason or other I find this post hilarious. Maybe it's because you are trying to get a point across by implying PRT is gay or you understand psychology.
    Either way, WTF.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    ^^^Totally agree kcantor

For some reason or other I find this post hilarious. Maybe it's because you are trying to get a point across by implying PRT is gay or you understand psychology.
    Either way, WTF.
    It's a point . Love sarcasm ..and throw back in face .

My biggest philosophy is " put shoe on other foot " . Try look from other persons view . It's about heart , compassion. In wich these ------don't get...Let's DEDICATE A Thread bashing PRT ☺

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade View Post
    Left / Right / Muslim / Christian / Atheist if you want to commit an act of violence you will. Evil is evil. Regardless of where on the political or religious they sit
    Unfortunately, evil does not discriminate.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Yes, very.

The Trump budget and healthcare plans. Tax the poor and benefit the rich.

something changed in you Gemini . You use to be full of wisdom, and books you read . There's been a change ...I dunno , the NDP, Trudeau....I see it . Use to love reading your stuff

Go con someone else with your big words
    Would it help if we kept the words smaller so you can understand them?

My biggest philosophy is " put shoe on other foot " . Try look from other persons view . It's about heart , compassion. In wich these ------don't get...Let's DEDICATE A Thread bashing PRT ☺
    Be my guest.

Yes, very.

The Trump budget and healthcare plans. Tax the poor and benefit the rich.
    Only if you think all rich are greedy . I would argue a centralized control , placing all control in few hands is worst...e.g global governance, new world order

Big reason there so much protest in Russia, his government gain too much control. He's kicking 1.5 million people from their homes to build ' world class ' towers

something changed in you Gemini . You use to be full of wisdom, and books you read . There's been a change ...I dunno , the NDP, Trudeau....I see it . Use to love reading your stuff
    Yeah something did profoundly change for me. Last week I dyed my hair auburn. I know, I know, hard to believe. After being many shades (and some of them blonde) I decided to go a shade of red. How long this will last I don't know. In a month or so I will be voting on another color and surprise everyone again.

Gemini

We love you rno matter what color you are!

If Champ were king . I'd say: " you want amalgamate " fine ! I'd ruin the capital ! and divide the departments up and give each region . I'd play fair game. I'd break up centralized control

Yeah something did profoundly change for me. Last week I dyed my hair auburn. I know, I know, hard to believe. After being many shades (and some of them blonde) I decided to go a shade of red. How long this will last I don't know. In a month or so I will be voting on another color and surprise everyone again.
    doesn't that like fry your hair ...I'd go natural if I were you , ..

^Do you get more and more inebriated as the day goes by?.

This is just one more opportunity for tribalists to engage in sentimentality by the aggrieved, defensive posturing by fellow travellers of the transgressors.

More of you, whether you call yourselves progressive or not, would be secretly happy if the shoe were on the other foot than you dare admit.

None of you have the moral authority either for outrage or for attack, nor for defending yourselves.

You are all half-humans playing at social war.

Several people have been shot. This is terrible. One hundred and fifty thousand others who saw the sun rise yesterday will not see it rise tomorrow. Do you care to quantify the relative horror? Yes, of course -- that's too easy. How about justifying your lack of concern for the 150,000? Nah. Still too easy to be glib -- liars.

"Progressives" and whatever the opposite calls itself are both equally disgusting, and equally deserving of disrespect.
    Last edited by AShetsen; 14-06-2017 at 07:37 PM.

^Oh FFS why not have a drink with champking.

I would assume Debra ?
    Nope, my name is John Kolkman which I've disclosed when asked. I live at the eastern edge of the McCauley neighbourhood, hence the handle.

And you?

As people offered prayers for the victims, a profile began to emerge of Hodgkinson, a onetime home inspector. A Facebook page believed to be his includes pictures of 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders and rhetoric against President Trump, including a post that reads: “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.a8bda4fb4137

Sanders (Vt.) said Hodgkinson volunteered on his presidential campaign
    ^Do you get more and more inebriated as the day goes by?.
    Some times ☺

I would assume Debra ?
    Nope, my name is John Kolkman which I've disclosed when asked. I live at the eastern edge of the McCauley neighbourhood, hence the handle.

And you?
    Hey John! I'm champking ! Nice meet you .

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^^^Totally agree kcantor

Either way, WTF.

why not dedicate a champking bashes everything and everyone thread instead and then you can save time and space and stay out of all the other threads?

^^^Totally agree kcantor

Either way, WTF.

why not dedicate a champking bashes everything and everyone thread instead and then you can save time and space and stay out of all the other threads?
    Actually Ken , I don't bash everything there's things I point good, also recommend fixes and new ways of doing things ,

Fox host shames Newt Gingrich for blaming GOP baseball shooting on ‘vulgar’ Democrats
    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/wat...gar-democrats/
    Talking with Fox News, Gingrich pointed fingers at left-wing “hysteria” that he says has exploded ever since President Donald Trump’s election last fall, as evidenced by Kathy Griffin’s latest stunt in which she held up a likeness of Trump’s severed head.

“The intensity on the left is very real,” Gingrich said. “Whether it’s a so-called comedian holding up the president’s head in blood, or it’s right here, in New York City, a play that shows the president being assassinated. Or it’s Democratic leading national politicians who are so angry they have to use vulgarity because they can’t find any common language.”

Fox’s Melissa Francis at this point objected and questioned whether it was right to blame the shooter’s actions on Democrats who swear.

“With respect, though, even if everything you’re saying is true, to talk about it in those kinds of terms, in left and right, right now in the wake of it, does that make sense?” she asked.
    “If you want to know the truth,” Gingrich replied.

“But do you rise above it and say…” she began.

“No!” Gingrich objected.
    More hypocrisy from Newt

Virginia Shooting ‘Part of a Pattern’ of ‘Increasing Intensity of Hostility on the Left’
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...y-on-the-left/
    “It certainly was a shock this morning,” Gingrich said. “I don’t think any of us expected today to take this turn. But it’s part of a pattern, as you saw the sign this guy was holding. You’ve had an increasing intensity of hostility on the left. Look, I talk to college students regularly who say to me if they are openly for Trump, they get threatened.”

“The intensity on the left is very real,” he added.“Whether it is somebody, as so-called comedian, holding up the president’s head in blood #1 or it’s right here in New York City, a play that shows the president being assassinated, #2 or it’s Democratic leading national politicians who are so angry they have to use vulgarity #3 because they can find any common language to talk. This intensity I think has been building since election night.”
    Examples of right wing intensity.

#1 Pastor Terry Jones Burns Obama, Clinton Effigies
    #2 Obama like 2012 version of the same Julius Caesar play that Newt had no problem with
    #3 Newt's leader setting an example by swearing
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 14-06-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Did PRT say something ! Who knows ..exhausted from the drama

It's like being in the army. Left right left right left right left right. Exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    It's like being in the army. Left right left right left right left right. Exhausting.
    And marching nonetheless in circles like a one legged soldier

There Have Been More Than 150 Mass Shootings in America This Year
    http://fortune.com/2017/06/14/steve-...shooting-2017/
    The violent, high-profile tragedies have understandably captured the nation's attention. But they contribute to 154 mass shootings, 6,880 gun-related deaths, and 13,504 firearm injuries in 2017 alone, according to the watchdog group Gun Violence Archive.

I'm totally underwhelmed by how the mainstream press has responded to this shooting.

It's like there's no disincentive to attempted murder as long as the victims are in the "wrong" political party.

What mainstream press are you referring to? I flipped through many news programs last night and all were discussing the issue in the same light, that this was wrong/sad, and that it's not the way to go about solving issues.

^^Are you kidding me, the shooting was on the MSM all day long as the top story.

Another failed spin on your part to pin this on the media.

In fact, even FOX news was lambasting Newt Gingrich because he was blaming the left.

President Donald Trump canceled his 71st birthday plans yesterday to visit terrorism victim Rep. Steve Scalise and his family in the hospital. Very classy and very kind thing to do.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I'm sure the left will somehow turn that around lol.

BREAKING, President hates family AND birthdays, more at 11........

Good one Hilman.

What blows me away is ho much the press acts as if the shooter's motives were unclear.

"This guy had everything but the Bernie Sanders pez dispenser and they still won't admit it. So no, I'm not singing Kumbaya"

https://twitter.com/sean_spicier/sta...33132114948096

What blows me away is ho much the press acts as if the shooter's motives were unclear.

"This guy had everything but the Bernie Sanders pez dispenser and they still won't admit it. So no, I'm not singing Kumbaya"

Ha ha Spicer, and good one Hillman!

From what I can see, the press IS NOT acting as though his motives are unclear. Republican partisans claiming that the press is acting as though the motives are unclear is not the same thing.

We all know the shooter was anti-republican.
    There can only be one.

We also know that the shooter was anti-Clinton

Yeah, he really just fits into a general disgruntled outsider box, who just happened to pick Bernie rather than Trump as his champion against the great undefined enemy.
    There can only be one.

C2E Continued Contributor

/\ No, he was a long time Democrat supporter, he campaigned against Mitt Romney in 2012 and was a prolific letter to the editor writer calling on the government to tax the rich.
    Yes he was a lunatic, but he was a lunatic with strong left wing views.
    Last edited by ralph60; 15-06-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph60 View Post
    /\ No, he was a long time Democrat supporter, he campaigned against Mitt Romney in 2012 and was a prolific letter to the editor writer calling on the government to tax the rich.
    Yes he was a lunatic, but he was a lunatic with strong left wing views.
    He sure was, and belonged to a few hate republican groups.

Wow - America loses 93 Million people to gun violence every day!

Virginia's governor confirms this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZzjGYyI3Dg

I read one story on the incident, on CNN.com, and it seemed pretty clear from that story that he was a Bernie supporter, with strong left-leaning views. Wait... that's fake news because it's on CNN.com, right?

Also, do you even know who you are quoting with that tweet? Serious question.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Credit to the New York Times for correcting their piece that incorrectly claimed there was a political link in the 2011 shooting of Gabby Giffords:

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/statu...77356944396290

It's encouraging to see that the public calling out the lies in the fake news sometimes works.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 15-06-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Wow - America loses 93 Million people to gun violence every day!

Virginia's governor confirms this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZzjGYyI3Dg
    It was a verbal typo. He meant to say 93 people a day.

You try making an impromptu speech in front of a bunch of reporters and knowing that it is broadcast around the world. Give the guy a break.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post

I read one story on the incident, on CNN.com, and it seemed pretty clear from that story that he was a Bernie supporter, with strong left-leaning views. Wait... that's fake news because it's on CNN.com, right?

Also, do you even know who you are quoting with that tweet? Serious question.
    Good for CNN for getting it correct, they are now 1 for 2,904,874!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast