Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti Trump Progressive opens fire at Republican baseball practice

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Wow - America loses 93 Million people to gun violence every day!

Virginia's governor confirms this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZzjGYyI3Dg
    It was a verbal typo. He meant to say 93 people a day.

You try making an impromptu speech in front of a bunch of reporters and knowing that it is broadcast around the world. Give the guy a break.
    Only trump is allowed to make mistakes. He's new you know

The tolerant, peace-loving left is incredibly busy today:

Vehicle with "Make America Great Again" flag was hit by gunfire on Indiana highway: http://fox59.com/2017/06/15/several-...flag-on-i-465/

Republican candidate in upcoming Georgia special election, Karen Handel, received a suspicious package containing threatening letters: https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspiciou...-election.html

^^^Keep up with the hyper-hyperbole.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Vehicle with "Make America Great Again" flag was hit by gunfire on Indiana highway: http://fox59.com/2017/06/15/several-...flag-on-i-465/

Republican candidate in upcoming Georgia special election, Karen Handel, received a suspicious package containing threatening letters: https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspiciou...-election.html
    Shall we compile the right wing examples today or just call your pizzing contest off?

Your anti-left comments are nauseating.

The one thing I like about Canada is we are Canadians and don't try to segregate people by color or their political camps.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 15-06-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

^PRT you are also in the thick of a pizzing contest, in fact I would say you have pizzed the most in Trump related threads. Your biggest problem (and failure) in most threads is that you like to have the last word. As in 'he who pizzes last pizzes best'. No matter how good or how well presented a persons comment on Trump has been you are right in the thick of it with a disparaging comment. Get over it, Trump won. Bleating on about it is not going to change the fact Trump is the U S pres.
    If you want to see a participant in a pizzing contest just look in the mirror.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

The multiple investigations continue and the Senate voted yesterday 97 to 2 to limit Trump's powers.

Pass the popcorn, it's fun to watch Trump go down in flames...

^Even funnier to watch you sweat over it.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

What blows me away is ho much the press acts as if the shooter's motives were unclear.

"This guy had everything but the Bernie Sanders pez dispenser and they still won't admit it. So no, I'm not singing Kumbaya"

https://twitter.com/sean_spicier/sta...33132114948096
    There were 53 shootings by right wing nuts over the last several years, so finally some probably unstable guy supporting Sanders goes off and shoots someone and some right wingers want to make it sound like all the left wingers have somehow all turned into political terrorists.

I am not blaming Trump for the 53 shootings, I suspect those people were unstable too. Does the vitriolic political atmosphere in the US contribute to this sort of thing happening? Probably.

Therefore, it would be a good idea for everyone to try dial it back now. If anything, perhaps that is something to take away from this event, but it seems lost on some. Another very good idea would be to try keep guns out of the hands of the unstable.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Shall we compile the right wing examples today or just call your pizzing contest off?

Your anti-left comments are nauseating.

The one thing I like about Canada is we are Canadians and don't try to segregate people by color or their political camps.
    emphasis added...

are you kidding me?

do you actually expect us to believe that even you believe that, never mind that you expect us to believe it?

on the other hand, i need to thank you for injecting some badly needed humour into this afternoon.

while it would be nice if it were true, the reality is we're still a very long way from achieving that aspiration.
    Last edited by kcantor; 15-06-2017 at 05:43 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

The NRA is going to be cracking jokes about liberal gun owners for a long time - the guy attempted a mass shooting and was the only one killed.

^^^A reasoned and thoughtful response by you.

Watch some postersjump all over your gun control comment.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 16-06-2017 at 06:24 AM.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

The NRA is going to be cracking jokes about liberal gun owners for a long time - the guy attempted a mass shooting and was the only one killed.
    The one guy he shot is having another operation I think. He's not out of the woods yet...

They can't get Trump on collusion, so now they are going another route. Even democrats I know are getting weary..what a mess!

Trump now getting investigated for obstruction of justice. I've lost count of the many ways in which the dems are trying to get Trump ousted. In fact it seems that's the only thing these elected (and unelected) dems seem to be collecting their padded pay cheques for, to pin something on him. I hate to wish time away but it is going to be very interesting to see who the dems pick to run against Trump in the next election cycle. Whoever it is is going to have to be squeaky clean, have a thick skin and have the ability to put up a real fight. As of yet no one springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    There were 53 shootings by right wing nuts over the last several years, so finally some probably unstable guy supporting Sanders goes off and shoots someone and some right wingers want to make it sound like all the left wingers have somehow all turned into political terrorists.

I am not blaming Trump for the 53 shootings, I suspect those people were unstable too. Does the vitriolic political atmosphere in the US contribute to this sort of thing happening? Probably.

Therefore, it would be a good idea for everyone to try dial it back now. If anything, perhaps that is something to take away from this event, but it seems lost on some. Another very good idea would be to try keep guns out of the hands of the unstable.
    As an example of unbalanced extremists and hate crimes on both sides of the issue, a 48 year old man ran down 10 people in an attempt to kill "all Muslims"

One dead in UK mosque ‘terror’ attack

An eyewitness has told the BBC he saw the van “deliberately run over about 10 or 15 people” in London’s Finsbury Park.

Abdul Rahman said he and another man wrestled the suspect to the ground and held him down for 20 to 30 minutes before police arrived.

He said the attacker had said “I want to kill all Muslims” and “kill me, kill me”.

The driver is under arrest on suspicion of attempted murder after leaving one man dead and eight injured. All the victims were Muslim.
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...03043980619fmH

“He was screaming, he was saying, ‘I’m going to kill all Muslims, I’m going to kill all Muslims’. He was throwing punches.

“Then we managed to get him on the floor. Then he was saying, ‘Kill me, kill me’. I said, ‘We are not going to kill you. Why did you do that?’ He wouldn’t say anything.”
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...03043980619fmH

Unlike the US, Great Britain knows that white males can be terrorists too.

Darren? He's a bloody psycho': Dad-of-four terror suspect who split from partner six months ago is a heavy-drinking brawler who was thrown out of a pub for cursing Muslims and threatening to 'do some damage' on day before attack

The 47-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder and terror charges is named as Darren Osborne, from Cardiff

Father-of-four Darren Osborne, 47, was named as the man accused of ploughing a van into Muslim worshippers in the early hours of Monday morning.
    It is alleged that Osborne - who was not known to police and MI5 - hired an £80-a-day van from South Wales before driving to the Muslim Welfare House in north London.
    There, he is accused of mounting the pavement just yards from the Finsbury Park Mosque and mowing down a group of British Muslims.
    They were helping Makram Ali, 52, who died minutes later in front of his 26-year-old daughter as those who went to assist him screamed in agony.
    Witnesses say that, after the attack, he shouted 'I'm going to kill all Muslims - I did my bit' as he was restrained by members of the community.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...uspect-47.html
    In the US they simply have "mental problems". Strangely, the very sort of people that the GOP just eased restrictions on buying guns. Fancy that.

Congress Says, Let the Mentally Ill Buy Guns
    By THE EDITORIAL BOARD
    FEB. 15, 2017

The Senate voted Wednesday to join the House in revoking the rule. It would have required the Social Security Administration to add about 75,000 people, currently on disability support, to the national background check database and deny them gun purchases. These individuals suffer schizophrenia, psychotic disorders and other problems to such an extent that they are unable to manage their financial affairs and other basic tasks without help.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/o...-buy-guns.html
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 20-06-2017 at 02:29 AM.

All Quiet on the Right Wing Front

All Quiet on the Right Wing Front

Maybe people got better things to do , or talk about ..than sitting here spinning in circles . I'm still waiting for the smoking gun , hard proof before having an opinion. Why argue over this ? When energy can be directed at more constructive stuff...

Yes , some people love drama , the house of Cards thing but most people don't. Most people aren't politically driven. They more focus on family , their jobs , having a good time .

Then why are you posting at all?

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Unlike the US, Great Britain knows that white males can be terrorists too.

Of course they can. There are also lots of white male Muslims in the world who are not terrorists too.

Trying to explain to you it's unhealthy . Try it . Take a few days off and spend it with wife, husband, kids ...if ya have any ...try it ☺ cause spinning circles here arguing day in day out isn't healthy . It's summer . It's nice out . Enjoy it while can...save it for the dark gloomy winter months lol

Trying to explain to you it's unhealthy . Try it . Take a few days off and spend it with wife, husband, kids ...if ya have any ...try it ☺ cause spinning circles here arguing day in day out isn't healthy . It's summer . It's nice out . Enjoy it while can...save it for the dark gloomy winter months lol
    Telling ya right now. It will leave ya lonely ...cause nobody's want surround them self with it...try it

Maybe take your own advice and you should take a few YEARS off this forum and spend it with wife, husband, kids ...if ya have any ...try it ☺

Maybe take your own advice and you should take a few YEARS off this forum and spend it with wife, husband, kids ...if ya have any ...try it ☺
    I do and have

trollking giving advice. Classic. Maybe trollking can take off his tinfoil hat someday and realize the sun still shines and the world isn't falling apart and cut out all the doom and gloom predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    trollking giving advice. Classic. Maybe trollking can take off his tinfoil hat someday and realize the sun still shines and the world isn't falling apart and cut out all the doom and gloom predictions.
    Or end up like Medwards who nobody talks too

Once again, you're wrong or lieing. Must be rough living on unemployment while the wife earns the big bucks to keep your homeless colony going.

I like Medwards. At least he bring intellectual content to this forum...

I like Edmonton PRT, even when we have disagreed in the past. PRT usually has a well researched position in which he debates from, and has real sources to back up his points, and not just some breitbart-rebel-news-infowarz-esque fake-propaganda-news.

Quote Originally Posted by champking View Post
    Or end up like Medwards who nobody talks too
    Members of the violent, radical, Russian-conspiracy-nutcase left still talk to him.

Heck, you still talk to me. You're part of the violent, alt-right, radical, kkk, republican worshipping, trump can do no wrong, machine. I'm wondering if you'll be the replacement for Sean Spicier.

Yeah, the right was such paragons of virtue....

"Obama, he's a piece of ****. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary [Clinton], you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless *****."

Ted Nugent, 2007

He also recommends decapitating Democrats:
    "We need to ride onto that battlefield and chop their heads off in November."
    And then there was this bit from then candidate Donald Trump, encouraging his supporters to take a shot at Hillary Clinton:

"Hillary wants to abolish -- essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, if she gets to pick, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know," Trump said. "But I tell you what, that will be a horrible day, if Hillary gets to put her judges in, right now we're tied."

Secret Service spoke to Trump campaign about 2nd Amendment comment
    Thu August 11, 2016

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/politi...ent/index.html

And what about when the same theatre company staged Julius Caesar with an Obama stand in? Where was the outrage then?

But Delta's former backing of a production of the same play with Obama standing in for Caesar quickly spread on social media. Since no controversy ignited in response to the Obama version, critics pointed out that Delta's claims of moral disagreement with the Trump edition seemed more like a fearful reaction of losing financial support from conservatives. Delta did not immediately respond to Bustle's request for comment on why it did not revoke funding for the 2012 production featuring Obama.

Delta Sponsored 2012 Guthrie Theater Season Which Featured Obama Inspired Julius Caesar

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article...aesar-20170612
    Yeah, nothing from the right at all. Paragons of virtue, I tell you. Paragons.
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 21-06-2017 at 01:42 AM.

It is easy for the right to be virtuous because they lie so much that they cannot remember all the lies they have told. Just like their lying President who changes his story every day and denies what he said yesterday.

MrOliers hateful post cartoon has many issues that the left has denounced. But the right hides behind their guns and free speech and are mute when their side made sickening attacks and hateful threats against the former President.

I guess the GOP took Georgia, despite all the millions the Dems poured into it. That's four now, and boy CNN looked pretty glum. Low voter turner , that's what they suggested..lol

Yeah, the right was such paragons of virtue....
    Sorry, but the liberals are the ones claiming the moral high ground.

As the Bible thumping Republicans go to Church on Sunday and take their semiautomatics out in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    I guess the GOP took Georgia, despite all the millions the Dems poured into it. That's four now, and boy CNN looked pretty glum. Low voter turner , that's what they suggested..lol
    If you can believe it, they were actually blaming the RAIN for the Democrats losing that one! Ha ha.

However, one would think that feminists and the identity politic-loving left would be celebrating a rich donor-backed white male losing to a strong woman (the first woman ever elected to Congress in that state).

If you can believe it, they were actually blaming the RAIN for the Democrats losing that one! Ha ha.

However, one would think that feminists and the identity politic-loving left would be celebrating a rich donor-backed white male losing to a strong woman (the first woman ever elected to Congress in that state).
    LOL! Time to move on Democrats, time to rethink what you're doing!

As if the Republican's ran this election on a shoestring budget. They spent 10's of millions in the most expensive seat. I wonder which part spent more?

I guess the guy wasn't even from this area..wth ?, spending so much money, and another loss..crazy, just crazy..

I guess the guy wasn't even from this area..wth ?, spending so much money, and another loss..crazy, just crazy..
    From what I heard he grew up in the area and lived just outside the boundary, so it wasn't like he was from Idaho or something.

I actually think this outcome is better for the Democrats in the long term. The Republicans are on the Trumptanic, its starting to go down but they don't fully realize it yet. The longer they stick with him the worse it will get for them. It's best for the Democrats if he stays in power until after the mid term elections.

However, I suspect some of the more attuned Republicans in Congress must be getting nervous from the close races in supposedly safe districts. There are a lot of others that are not so safe as the one in Georgia.

C2E Continued Contributor

Regarding election spending in Georgia, the Democrat spent $22,500,000.00, the Republican spent $3,150,000.00.
    https://www.fec.gov/data/elections/h...tab=comparison

I actually think this outcome is better for the Democrats in the long term.
    These outcomes are only good for them if they finally learn that "We hate Trump!" is a losing platform.

I actually think this outcome is better for the Democrats in the long term.
    These outcomes are only good for them if they finally learn that "We hate Trump!" is a losing platform.
    Well I guess about 36% of US voters agree with you. The rest disapprove of Trump.

The Republican vote was down by 7% in that Georgia district since last time, making what was a very safe Republican district in the past (they won by large margins ever since 1979) a fairly close race this time. The Republican candidate barely mentioned Trump in this campaign - I don't think he helped her campaign at all. In fact, I think he hurt it considerably.

If that's how the losers of the election choose to comfort themselves, then they should keep it up. No harm in racking up and cherishing those participation trophies.

All I know is that Trump and the Republicans won enough votes to win the Presidency and all of the special elections held since.

No, Trump won enough electoral college seats to win the presidency. Hillary still had more votes.

If that's how the losers of the election choose to comfort themselves, then they should keep it up. No harm in racking up and cherishing those participation trophies.

All I know is that Trump and the Republicans won enough votes to win the Presidency and all of the special elections held since.
    Well all the special elections were in very safe Republican districts which the Republicans had won previously by 10%, 20% or 30%. I believe they occurred because Trump selected the previous members to serve in administrative positions, so he controlled where they occurred. The next general election will include many Republican districts that are not so safe.

That's the spirit! Keep preaching those moral victories!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Always making excuses, sounds very familiar.....

No, Trump won enough electoral college seats to win the presidency. Hillary still had more votes.
    Yes, well Trump only got 46.1% of the vote in the Presidential election. The Democrat in the Georgia district got 48.1%. Maybe Donald should have been the one to get the participation trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    Always making excuses, sounds very familiar.....

Exactly!!

C2E Posting Power

All they had to do was take Obama out of context to win votes. It's a lot easier to win an election when you're dishonest.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3259376

That ad just made everyone remember how useless Obama was. LOL

I remember the elation a lot of people felt when Obama got elected. First colored American President was (and still is) a huge accomplishment. Nobody should downplay that. Then as Obama got settled in the longer he was there the less he seemed to do. Sure he tried to leave a legacy of Obama Care but that whole health care bill still ended up being a shambles in the end. The whole democratic party does need a major shake from the top, in attitude and deeds. To many career politicians that are way past their due dates. Set in their ways and just going through the motions. Talking heads on the TV spouting meaningless rhetoric rather than getting things done. Good on Obama for being the first colored president but he could hardly be called a mover and a shaker. Hillary, well, she went down in flames. She did not take her defeat well and neither did her followers. Sore losers who unfortunately will have an axe to grind as long as Trump is in the W H. Democrats wasting their energy on Trump instead of actually looking for the changes needed from within the party.

Obama would've been able to do more if dems controlled both houses like Trump and Republicans currently do.

If the Dems need a shake up, so do the rebs. There's just as many career politicians in either party.

The Democrats controlled both houses for the first 2 years of Obama's presidency.

which agrees with what Gemini is saying: "Then as Obama got settled in the longer he was there the less he seemed to do. " He seemed to do less, because he was handcuffed by not controlling both houses.

The afforable health care (Obamacare) act was good. It's now destroyed by the republicans under Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph60 View Post
    Regarding election spending in Georgia, the Democrat spent $22,500,000.00, the Republican spent $3,150,000.00.
    https://www.fec.gov/data/elections/h...tab=comparison
    Posting fake news?

Correction from your data

Dem $23,600,861.14
    Rep #1 $4,555,808.76
    Rep #2 $2,025,263.05
    Rep #3 $717,500.76
    Rep #4 $678,889.34
    Rep #5 $523,032.87

The afforable health care (Obamacare) act was good. It's now destroyed by the republicans under Trump.
    Well it appears the second year the Obamacare Act was in place the premiums were set to increase dramatically for people it covered. The premiums were underestimated for the cost of running the U S system. It was a nice try by Obama but even he could not keep premium cost down.

Obama made a fatal mistake. When he ran into the deliberate obstructionist policies of the GOP that decided to oppose even bipartisan and Republican ideas such as Romney Care, Obama should have changed tactics rather than trying to appease Republicians and the health insurance companies that take 30 percent off the top just to refuse coverage.

IMHO, he should have just demonstrated that the Medicare and Medicaid acts ( Medicare was a Republican idea initiated under President Eisenhower) was discriminatory by age and simply dropped eligibility age to ZERO and created a single payer system like Canada and hung the health insurance companies out to dry.

Way to much privatization in the American system. It's entrenched because it's lucrative for doctors and the whole industry surrounding it. A bandage applied at a hospital costing 25 cents translates to $25.00 on your bill. Not to mention the fee for seeing the doctor, x-rays etc. Doctors retiring at 55 and their millionaires. Private Insurance companies going along for the ride as there are massive profits to be made. Nobody will change it because the take home pay is to tempting.

PRT, The link is there, you need to learn how to read before you accuse me of fake news.
    The election yesterday was between two candidates, you've included the spending for the original vote 2 months ago.
    Also you're quoting receipts, not expenditures.
    Keep spinning, it's fun to watch you squirm.

Obama made a fatal mistake. When he ran into the deliberate obstructionist policies of the GOP that decided to oppose even bipartisan and Republican ideas such as Romney Care, Obama should have changed tactics rather than trying to appease Republicians and the health insurance companies that take 30 percent off the top just to refuse coverage.
    Obama;s fatal mistake was earlier, with his first budget proposal. He presented it as a fait accompli that he he went to Republicans for comments, and then ignored them. That got Republicans' backs up and lead to their obstructionist strategy.

Not to pick a side, but that's what history seems to show, based on some PBS Frontline docs I've seen and follow-up reading.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

IMHO, I got it right the first time.

The Republicans had that obstructionist dinner immediately after Obama won the election.

Here is the Frontline Documentary

The Republicans’ Plan for the New President
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/ar...new-president/

They would even oppose Obama's plans to rebuild the economy after the economic collapse from the Bush administration.

Tens of thousands of people lost their homes unnecessarily because the Republicans blocked Obama at every turn.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 21-06-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Of course Obama got it wrong he a lefty

Wow! Champking Obvious

Didn't you know he was left handed?
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 21-06-2017 at 10:14 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Caught on tape: Dem official says he's 'glad' Scalise got shot
    Published June 23, 2017 Fox News

A Nebraska Democratic Party official was removed from his post on Thursday after an audio recording surfaced of him saying he's “glad” House Majority Whip Steve Scalise got shot last week.

Phil Montag, now-former co-chair of the state party’s technology committee, was recorded saying he wishes Scalise, R-La., were “dead.”

“His whole job is to get people, convince Republicans to [expletive] kick people off [expletive] health care. I’m glad he got shot,” Montag said in the audio recording. “I wish he was [expletive] dead.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-got-shot.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    Caught on tape: Dem official says he's 'glad' Scalise got shot
    Published June 23, 2017 Fox News

A Nebraska Democratic Party official was removed from his post on Thursday after an audio recording surfaced of him saying he's “glad” House Majority Whip Steve Scalise got shot last week.

Phil Montag, now-former co-chair of the state party’s technology committee, was recorded saying he wishes Scalise, R-La., were “dead.”

“His whole job is to get people, convince Republicans to [expletive] kick people off [expletive] health care. I’m glad he got shot,” Montag said in the audio recording. “I wish he was [expletive] dead.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-got-shot.html
    Bunch of nutters ... should lock them all up in the looney bin

Utterly unacceptable and it's a good thing that he's been removed from his post.

I'd be willing to bet that whenever a controversial public figure gets assaulted or killed, there are lots of otherwise respectable people chuckling to themselves "Heh, that jerk had it coming".

^ Even on this site, I remember during the airport debate someone saying they wanted to punch Charles Allard in the face.

Granted, Allard never actually got punched in the face by anyone, but had that happened, I'm kind of doubting that the people who were saying stuff like that would switch to having nothing but the most sympathetic thoughts about Charles Allard.

Who the heck was Allard ? Wasn't it ' forward with Dorward'

Interesting:

Does the US need more minority gun clubs? - BBC News

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...rity-gun-clubs

I'd rather C2E than work!

The US way. Loading up on guns and ammo and shooting skills for protection against trigger happy whites, and so on and so on and so on.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 18-12-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12