Thread: Downtown Delights - food tours

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Downtown Delights - food tours

Downtown delights food tours:

As regular readers may know, I am a guide with Edmonton Food Tours, which leads culinary walking tours of the City Market and the Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market.

Now, the company (part of Alberta Food Tours and owned by Calgary’s Karen Anderson) has expanded its offerings in Edmonton to include a walking tour of five of Edmonton’s best downtown restaurants — The Marc, Bar Bricco, Alta, Woodwork and the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald.

The tour, called Downtown Delights, runs every Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. Local cookbook author and professional home economist Deb Anzinger leads the tour, which includes not only great cocktails and nibbles, but also highlights of Edmonton’s downtown history and architecture. The nibbles may change, depending on chef’s fancy, but the quality is always high, with a variety of sweet and savoury options. Beverages are also varied, from Alberta craft beers on the patio at the Mac to inspired cocktails shaken and stirred by some of the city’s best bartenders.

http://edmontonjournal.com/life/food...s-walking-tour
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

They are certainly getting the word out about our city and culinary scene. Friends in Toronto and Van have noticed.
    www.decl.org

I'd rather C2E than work!

Yes.

Exactly what Top_Dawg thinks of when considering North America's four culinary meccas.

San Francisco....New Orleans....Chicago.... and...uh.....Emmonton

Sushi poutine anyone ?

To be honest, I was not blown away from SF or Chicago and we hit some well establish and highly recommended joints.
    www.decl.org

Edmonton is still a growing city there are some wonderful restaurant tucked away in the down town area and china Town.