Thread: CBC NewsNetwork Weather

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default CBC NewsNetwork Weather

Seems Edmonton is not even on the CBC NewsNetwork weather maps. I think CBC forgot Edmonton exists. 5th largest metro in Canada and they can't find us.

The things insecure people complain about.

Find another channel.

on the national map, there's only so much space.

When they focus on just the west part of the map, Edmonton is most certainly there.

Saskatoon/Regina get the same treatment Edmonton/Calgary get. On the national overview, space is limited, so they only give one or the other.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    Seems Edmonton is not even on the CBC NewsNetwork weather maps. I think CBC forgot Edmonton exists. 5th largest metro in Canada and they can't find us.
    FWIW, on the CBC's Canada News page, Edmonton merits its own link, while Vancouver, Winnipeg, Regina, Quebec City, and every major city in the Maritimes have to suffice with being represented by their province, or some other city in that province.

I suppose that might be related to Edmonton's size, but then how to explain the absence of Vancouver, along with the presence of Kamloops, on the list?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada

C2E Hard Core Contributor

So why does no one from CBC Edmonton or the city of Edmonton say something to the head office and make sure we are included?

Because they have better things to do than continue to reinforce the (mostly valid) perception that Edmonton is tremendously insecure & in need of constant validation from external sources?
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Could it be that they are using GeoIP data to tailor their presentation?

But why does anyone bother with media weather? Go to the source! http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-50_metric_e.html and navigate from there. Moblie-friendly too.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...