Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
Results 3,001 to 3,069 of 3069

Thread: Trump - misc

  1. #3001
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    there is absolutely nothing the donald has done in terms of how he has acted in front of the cameras or what he has accomplished when not in front of them that should be inspiring to anyone.

    When I read this I get a very strong feeling that you only read headlines and talk to to people who hate him, instead of actually watching his speeches. I watch his speeches, and I see someone MUCH different than the person presented to be through the perspective of the media or anti-Trump people.

    And if you don't find it inspiring that somebody essentially gave up his luxurious life in his golden years to work his butt off to serve his country at the highest office, and did so by coming in as an outsider, running a completely original campaign, WINNING, and working thanklessly to do the job he signed up for, then I don't know what does inspire you.
    obviously you know even less about me than you do about the donald.

    but carry on. it's always interesting to see someone with their head in the sand think they're making progress moving in the same circle again and again and again. sad but interesting.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  2. #3002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    obviously you know even less about me than you do about the donald.
    I thought this was clear when he branded you a dirty Leftist Marxist Communist.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  3. #3003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    there is absolutely nothing the donald has done in terms of how he has acted in front of the cameras or what he has accomplished when not in front of them that should be inspiring to anyone.

    When I read this I get a very strong feeling that you only read headlines and talk to to people who hate him, instead of actually watching his speeches. I watch his speeches, and I see someone MUCH different than the person presented to be through the perspective of the media or anti-Trump people.

    And if you don't find it inspiring that somebody essentially gave up his luxurious life in his golden years to work his butt off to serve his country at the highest office, and did so by coming in as an outsider, running a completely original campaign, WINNING, and working thanklessly to do the job he signed up for, then I don't know what does inspire you.
    obviously you know even less about me than you do about the donald.

    but carry on. it's always interesting to see someone with their head in the sand think they're making progress moving in the same circle again and again and again. sad but interesting.

    That's your perspective.

    And it is the exact same feeling I get from you.

  4. #3004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    obviously you know even less about me than you do about the donald.
    I thought this was clear when he branded you a dirty Leftist Marxist Communist.

    I did not.

    Get lost with that crap.

  5. #3005
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    obviously you know even less about me than you do about the donald.
    I thought this was clear when he branded you a dirty Leftist Marxist Communist.
    maybe so, although that at least left it open (pun unintended) to have been a well read and informed dirty leftist marxist communist.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  6. #3006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    obviously you know even less about me than you do about the donald.
    I thought this was clear when he branded you a dirty Leftist Marxist Communist.

    I did not.

    Get lost with that crap.

    Hahahaha.

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Every fact that makes you uncomfortable is just a "lie" to you. And you respond by insults, name-calling, and piling-on.

    The political left will never change.
    you do know that calling everyone who doesn't happen to agree with you on everything "the political left" as some sort of pejorative doesn't really support your having arrived at your positions in a completely rational manner don't you?

    personally, i for one never thought i would live long enough to be called "politically left".
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  7. #3007

  8. #3008

  9. #3009
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    See? I am right.
    if there is something you're right about, perhaps you would consider posting it here for us to see?

    it would make for a pleasant change.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  10. #3010

    Default

    ^^^ Give me a break, you disingenuous Trump-wannabe.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  11. #3011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    See? I am right.
    if there is something you're right about, perhaps you would consider posting it here for us to see?

    it would make for a pleasant change.
    You incorrectly believe I called you names.

  12. #3012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    You incorrectly believe I called you names.
    Your most injurious pejorative is "left" & you paint everyone who disagrees with you with the same brush, regardless of the aptness of the label.

    Hell, you think I'm basically Lenin.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  13. #3013
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    See? I am right.
    if there is something you're right about, perhaps you would consider posting it here for us to see?

    it would make for a pleasant change.
    You incorrectly believe I called you names.
    when you choose to incorrectly but intentionally use terms as pejoratives, that's name calling.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  14. #3014

    Default

    it's interesting that any time somebody (anybody) posts something positive here about Donald Trump, the thread pivots and becomes about me (my name is brought up all the time even when I go days without posting here).

    That's a pretty good indication that the problems caused here isn't me.

  15. #3015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    when you choose to incorrectly but intentionally use terms as pejoratives, that's name calling.
    And inversely, when people accurately characterize your viewpoints via a term you consider pejorative it's not actually name calling.

    And furthermore, refuting terrible rhetoric on multiple threads isn't "following you around" either.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  16. #3016
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    it's interesting that any time somebody (anybody) posts something positive here about Donald Trump, the thread pivots and becomes about me (my name is brought up all the time even when I go days without posting here).

    That's a pretty good indication that the problems caused here isn't me.
    if accurate, it might be a pretty good indication of something all right.

    but that doesn't mean it's a pretty good indication that your conclusions are right.
    Last edited by kcantor; 15-12-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  17. #3017

    Default

    A lot of members (past and present) have brought up great points criticizing the lack of moderation and the poor culture on this forum. My conclusion (and judging from the attrition of good posters we have had here) is that they are correct.

  18. #3018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    A lot of members (past and present) have brought up great points criticizing the lack of moderation and the poor culture on this forum.
    Yeah, the fact that bigots, fascists, sexists & racists are allowed to post their regressive rhetoric here is pretty shameful, really.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    My conclusion (and judging from the attrition of good posters we have had here) is that they are correct.
    The fact you're incapable of recognizing that your marginalizing, divisive & hurtful comments are part of the problem is mind-boggling & some of the juiciest bits of your particular cognitive dissonance.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  19. #3019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    A lot of members (past and present) have brought up great points criticizing the lack of moderation and the poor culture on this forum.
    Yeah, the fact that bigots, fascists, sexists & racists are allowed to post their regressive rhetoric here is pretty shameful, really.

    So that is how you categorize all the people who stopped posting here. Wow.

  20. #3020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post

    So that is how you categorize all the people who stopped posting here. Wow.
    No, that's how I characterize you, not the good people you've turned away with your hatemongering. Nice try to deflect though.



    This is regarding Kenney, but I figured it's applicable here as well.

    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  21. #3021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    No, that's how I characterize you, not the good people you've turned away with your hatemongering.

    Disagreeing with you is now considered "hatemongering"!

    And I have seen no evidence that I have turned away anybody from this forum. That's just hilarious, too.

  22. #3022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Disagreeing with you is now considered "hatemongering"
    As much as disagreeing with you makes one a "leftist", which is not at all. It's what you say, in your own posts, in your own words, along with your breathless & unwavering complete support of a divisive, sexist, racist, regressive, sexual predator of a President & his policies that constitutes the hatemongering.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  23. #3023

    Default

    Now that guys like Moore, Bannon, Trump and his base have dragged this tribalism down to the gutter, people are fed up and want real change. They are looking for quality candidates that are kind and considerate of others, regardless of party affiliation.

    If 2016 & 2017 were years of hatred, I think 2018 will be the onset of humanistic and social justice trends.

    We can only hope in the goodness of people.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  24. #3024

    Default

    I'm shocked! Shocked I say!
    Trump Didn't Tell the Truth About Russia
    In February, the president was asked a series of questions about his campaign’s contacts with Russia. His answers don’t hold up.

    But to what degree was Trump untruthful? The answer is clearer than ever before, thanks to the latest information released by Robert Mueller and the FBI.


    “During your campaign,” a reporter asked Trump last February, “did anyone from your team communicate with members of the Russian government or Russian intelligence? And if so, what was the nature of those conversations?”


    He replied, “Russia is fake news. This is fake news put out by the media.”


    A reporter followed up, “Can you say definitively that nobody on your campaign had any contacts with the Russians during the campaign?” Trump said, “I have nothing to do with Russia. I told you, I have no deals there, I have no anything.”


    That produced another follow-up: “I was just hoping that we could get a yes or no answer on these questions involving Russia. Can you say if you are aware that anyone who advised your campaign had contacts with Russia during the course of the election?”


    And Trump’s answer:


    Russia is a ruse. I have nothing to do with Russia. Haven’t made a phone call to Russia in years. Don’t speak to people from Russia. Not that I wouldn’t.


    I just have nobody to speak to. I spoke to Putin twice. He called me on the election. And he called me on the inauguration, a few days ago … I have nothing to do with Russia. To the best of my knowledge no person that I deal with does. Now, Manafort has totally denied it. He denied it. Now people knew that he was a consultant over in that part of the world for a while, but not for Russia. I think he represented Ukraine or people having to do with Ukraine, or people that—whoever.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...russia/544886/
    And Trump today...

    The president then fumed about accusations that his campaign colluded with Russian intelligence officials during the 2016 presidential election.


    “There’s been no collusion, that has been proven,” the president falsely asserted, as there has not been any definitive proof that Trump’s campaign did not collude with Russia yet. “The Senate and the House, my worst enemies, they walk out and say, ‘There is no collusion but we will continue to look.’ They are spending millions and millions of dollars and there’s absolutely no collusion.”

    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/wat...t-white-house/

  25. #3025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    If 2016 & 2017 were years of hatred, I think 2018 will be the onset of humanistic and social justice trends.

    No, 2018 will just be more of this:



  26. #3026

    Default

    Reality
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  27. #3027

    Default

    "Good people on both sides"

  28. #3028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post

    No, 2018 will just be more of this:


    MrO once again whining that everyone doesn't tolerate his intolerant beliefs & expecting people to just let him continue rambling out his divisive, hurtful rhetoric.

    Time for me to haul out ol' Karl again:


    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  29. #3029
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    If 2016 & 2017 were years of hatred, I think 2018 will be the onset of humanistic and social justice trends.

    No, 2018 will just be more of this:


    interesting choice of photos to post...

    if you're trying to portray yourself as the gentleman in the touque, you need to practice what's on his sign and encourage those with ideas and opinions different from yours to discuss and defend their ideas and opinions and you need to learn how to do the same.

    unfortunately, your posting behavior is consistently closer to that represented by the cardboard sign on the right, albeit replacing "nazi" with "political left".

    it seems by posting it you recognize the theoretical difference between the two behaviors (or at least you want to represent yourself as recognizing the difference). it's too bad you don't recognize the behaviours themselves when you experience or demonstrate them.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  30. #3030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    unfortunately, your posting behavior is consistently closer to that represented by the cardboard sign on the right, albeit replacing "nazi" with "political left".
    unfortunately almost everything posted in this thread by pretty much everyone went in that direction many many months ago. But that's what happens without moderation.

    Also, in your estimation, what should I call those on the political left if you believe that calling somebody part of the "political left" is as caustic as calling somebody a "Nazi"?

  31. #3031

    Default

    "I'm trying to be so reasonable. It's everyone on the other side that's the problem." - MrNazi


  32. #3032

    Default

    If you don't want to be called a fascist, perhaps stop defending fascists & spewing fascist rhetoric yourself?

    I'll be more than happy to stop mercilessly mocking you, deriding your terrible beliefs & laughing at your ignorance if you stop parading them around like a peacock made of intolerance & feces. Just keep it all in your spiteful, hateful, hurtful, unempathetic mind & we'll all live far happier & productive lives. You won't even have to send me another PM asking me to stop!
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  33. #3033

    Default

    Oh, since we're on the topic of fascists & their sympathizers:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.c5b7f1efc9de

    CHARLOTTESVILLE — A self-professed neo-Nazi who allegedly used his car as a lethal weapon, killing a woman and injuring 35 other people during a chaotic demonstration by white supremacists here in August, was charged with first-degree murder Thursday after being jailed for the past four months on a lesser homicide charge.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  34. #3034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Oh, since we're on the topic of fascists & their sympathizers:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.c5b7f1efc9de

    CHARLOTTESVILLE — A self-professed neo-Nazi who allegedly used his car as a lethal weapon, killing a woman and injuring 35 other people during a chaotic demonstration by white supremacists here in August, was charged with first-degree murder Thursday after being jailed for the past four months on a lesser homicide charge.
    Good.

  35. #3035

    Default

    We all know what position a certain poster took after the August 11-12th Unite the Right rally , aka the Charlottesville rally.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  36. #3036

    Default

    He has to believe there's good people on both sides, as I'm pretty sure from all his righteous indignation at being called out for his beliefs that he believes he's a good person & since he's on that side that proves there's good people on that side. It's some crazy circular non-logic but it checks out & aligns with his posting history.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  37. #3037
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    unfortunately, your posting behavior is consistently closer to that represented by the cardboard sign on the right, albeit replacing "nazi" with "political left".
    unfortunately almost everything posted in this thread by pretty much everyone went in that direction many many months ago. But that's what happens without moderation.

    Also, in your estimation, what should I call those on the political left if you believe that calling somebody part of the "political left" is as caustic as calling somebody a "Nazi"?
    please stop projecting your opinions and behavior on me...

    it's not the words "political left" that are the issue, it's using those words as a pejorative which has been your purview in this thread, not mine.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  38. #3038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    it's not the words "political left" that are the issue, it's using those words as a pejorative which has been your purview in this thread, not mine.
    Bingo.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  39. #3039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    We all know what position a certain poster took after the August 11-12th Unite the Right rally , aka the Charlottesville rally.
    It sounds like you implying that someone here defended the neo-Nazis and white supremacists that weekend.

    If that's the case, you are completely out to lunch because everyone on this forum was visibly disgusted by it and condemned it.

  40. #3040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    It sounds like you implying that someone here defended the neo-Nazis and white supremacists that weekend.

    If that's the case, you are completely out to lunch because everyone on this forum was visibly disgusted by it and condemned it.
    Yeah, I mean look at this absolute condemnation:

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Unfortunately it's going to be very hard to untangle the motive of the driver in Charlottesville.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  41. #3041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Yeah, I mean look at this absolute condemnation:

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Unfortunately it's going to be very hard to untangle the motive of the driver in Charlottesville.

    That's not a condemnation - that's exactly what Obama said about the shooter that killed 5 officers in Dallas. Just said that to point out how ridiculous the last President sounded.

  42. #3042

    Default

    I don't know if you've been paying attention, but we don't cotton to whataboutism around here any more.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  43. #3043

    Default

    Well good thing I pointed that out 4 months ago then!

  44. #3044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    We all know what position a certain poster took after the August 11-12th Unite the Right rally , aka the Charlottesville rally.
    It sounds like you implying that someone here defended the neo-Nazis and white supremacists that weekend.

    If that's the case, you are completely out to lunch because everyone on this forum was visibly disgusted by it and condemned it.
    You made multiple posts and posted multiple pictures that tried implicate that the anti-racist protesters who countered the AltReich neo-Nazis and the KKK were equally to blame. Just like Trump did.

    We all know what you did.

    Do you want me to repost many of your whataboutilism posts?

    I would suggest that you walk away...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  45. #3045

    Default

    Donald Trump's version of George Carlin's "Seven Words you Cannot Say on Television"

    CDC gets list of forbidden words: fetus, transgender, diversity

    Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden words at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst who took part in the 90-minute briefing. The forbidden words are “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.”


    In some instances, the analysts were given alternative phrases. Instead of “science-based” or “evidence-based,” the suggested phrase is “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,” the person said. In other cases, no replacement words were immediately offered.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?
    tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.d0092fb0b42a

  46. #3046
    C2E Posting Power
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    I don't even know anymore :/
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8111826.html

    One of Donald Trump’s nominees to become a federal judge has failed to answer a string of basic questions about law.Matthew Spencer Petersen admitted he was unfamiliar with several common legal terms during questioning by Republican Senator John Kennedy at a hearing earlier this week.
    Mr Petersen, a member of the Federal Election Commission, had been selected by the President to become a federal judge on the US District Court for the District of Columbia.

    However, he admitted during questioning that he had never tried a criminal or civil trial.
    *sad trombone*
    And remember, once he's in, he's there for life!

    Remember, he's only choosing the best people, there is absolutely no one who could possibly be more qualified.

  47. #3047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    We all know what position a certain poster took after the August 11-12th Unite the Right rally , aka the Charlottesville rally.
    It sounds like you implying that someone here defended the neo-Nazis and white supremacists that weekend.

    If that's the case, you are completely out to lunch because everyone on this forum was visibly disgusted by it and condemned it.
    You made multiple posts and posted multiple pictures that tried implicate that the anti-racist protesters who countered the AltReich neo-Nazis and the KKK were equally to blame. Just like Trump did.

    We all know what you did.

    Yup, I demonstrated that there are very bad, violent people on both sides. I fully admit that and I stand by it. I abhor politically-motivated violence, no matter who is doing it.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 15-12-2017 at 08:40 PM.

  48. #3048

    Default

    Yes we see the false equivalence you are attempting to make. Sort of like comparing previous Nazis and the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto who armed themselves and fought against the Nazis.


    In your mind, they both had guns so they are equally at fault.



    No wonder why so many people are against your posts and your defence of Trumptonian tactics.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  49. #3049

    Default

    Those damn violent leftists! Attacking the poor, peaceful NAZIs!

  50. #3050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Unfortunately it's going to be very hard to untangle the motive of the driver in Charlottesville.
    Nope, being a neo-Nazi domestic terrorist driving into a crowd with an intent to kill in the First Degree, IS VERY HARD TO UNTANGLE.

    How distorted is your World view?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  51. #3051

    Default

    this

    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  52. #3052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto who armed themselves and fought against the Nazis.


    In your mind, they both had guns so they are equally at fault.



    No wonder why so many people are against your posts and your defence of Trumptonian tactics.

    YES! Some of my relatives did fight Nazi invaders in their home country.

    Afterwards, they were brutally conquered, oppressed, and starved to death under communist dictators. Don't you dare give those animals and their sick ideology a free pass either. Poland is an admirable country, to have survived under both Nazi and Soviet conquerers in the last century. I am proud of what my ancestors and relatives achieved.

    Communism and collectivism brutally and systematically murdered tens of millions of people both before and after Hitler. You need to acknowledge that.

    As I said, and I repeat, there are very bad and violent people on BOTH sides.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 16-12-2017 at 08:58 AM.

  53. #3053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Unfortunately it's going to be very hard to untangle the motive of the driver in Charlottesville.
    Nope, being a neo-Nazi domestic terrorist driving into a crowd with an intent to kill in the First Degree, IS VERY HARD TO UNTANGLE.

    How distorted is your World view?
    Good! You are as outraged at that ridiculous statement as I was when Obama said it about the Dallas shooter that murdered 5 police officers.

    That was my point when I said that (which I explained when you go back and read it).

    It proves that Trump had the correct response against someone motivated by political-racial hatred (he rightfully called that driver a disgrace and other bad things), whereas the previous president was afraid to even say something negative about political-racial hatred about that Black Lives Matter shooter who killed those police officers.

  54. #3054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Those damn violent leftists! Attacking the poor, peaceful NAZIs!
    The Nazis weren't peaceful.

  55. #3055

    Default

    You could not walk away, could you?

    So what you are saying is there are only two choices in this world; fascism or communism. No middle ground. You see anyone who opposes fascism is a communist, a socialist, a lefty and you hate them for what they did to your relatives.

    This is your extremist world view.

    Have you ever thought that the counter protestors in Charlottesville were mostly peaceful, holding candles and surrounded the statue to prevent torch wielding neo Nazis and the KKK from worshiping it and making political statements of hatred? Yes there were masked and armed counter protestor but you must realize that they were only defending themselves. They were prepared for pepper spray, and the weapons that the AltReich came with to attack them. Did you expect that they just stand there with candles singing kumbaya as they get overwhelmed by a torch wielding hoard?

    Yes there were a very few militant counterprotestors but it is more than obvious that they were a sliver of the opposition.

    From your family history, you are an embarrassment to them, supporting the fascists with your whataboutism communist tactics. Strange bird are you.

    Have you ever thought that there is a centrist, humanistic point of view that is inclusive, socially acceptable, morally and ethically responsible position?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  56. #3056

    Default

    You’re highlighting an interesting aspect of immigration. They come to Canada and bring their religion, politics, beliefs, culture and they bring into Canada their experiences, hatres and affinities. That can include a love of and loyalty to the motherland and foreign entities, religions, etc. So assimilation is somewhat fought against as even a generation or two later children and grandchildren of immigrants retain if not embrace considerable foreign influences such as a hatred of something or other carried into Canada from their ancestral lands.

    It seems that many 1st or 2nd generations board to immigrants rightly claim that they are full blown Canadians, yet they don’t renounce the inherited non-Canadian beliefs and loyalties. Hence we have multiculturalism.
    Last edited by KC; 16-12-2017 at 09:43 AM.

  57. #3057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    So what you are saying is there are only two choices in this world; fascism or communism.
    Nope, not even close. Merely pointing out that fascists and communists are bad people.


    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    From your family history, you are an embarrassment to them, supporting the fascists with your whataboutism communist tactics.
    I have, and continue to, strongly oppose fascism in all forms. My aunts and uncles, grandparents (on both my parents' sides) suffered through both Nazi and Communist occupations, and THEY told me all about how Hitler wasn't the only evil 21st century villain that caused great untold suffering to millions and millions of innocent people. Too many Canadians don't seem to be able to recognize that.

    I will overlook your cheap shot insult because I can see you are just confused.
    Last edited by MrOilers; Yesterday at 09:41 AM.

  58. #3058

    Default

    OK, what EXACTLY are non-Canadian beliefs and loyalties? People are supposed to arrive here and instantly be impossible to tell from people who were born here? And they're not supposed to bring their religion? What are the supposed to do, covert as soon and they step off the plane? And convert to what? Christianity specifically or is there some official Canadian religion I haven't heard of?

    I've known a woman since high school, which for me was 40 years ago. She's Slovenian (You wouldn't have dared called her Yugoslavian) and to this day she still refers to the ****ing Serbs, particularly if she's had a beer or two. She was born here. Her parent immigrated before the war. Her parents don't talk like this. So how did she pick up the "non-Canadian" beliefs and loyalties?

    Then you have people like MrNAZI who claim that ALL Muslims are evil because, apparently, there's no way anyone could follow Islam and be a good person.

    I like to look at each persons actions on their own before deciding on what sort of person they are. But if they continually speak out in favour of, let's say, white supremacists, then over time I'll tend to classify them the same way. If you cannot separate the actions of someone who straps a bomb to themselves from a group of school girls who just want to attend a robotics competition, then I'll tend to lump you in with the people who drive cars into crowds of people outside a mosque in London. If you condemn an entire religion for the actions of one person who kills people for not being Muslim but don't do the same when a Christian leaves behind a note attacking all Muslims before going to a Mosque and killing people who were doing noting but praying, then I'll tend to lump you in with him.

    If you can't see that someone shouting Allah akbar before killing civilians has more in common with someone standing up and saying God Bless America while sending troops off to war for oil, based on lies, then you're the one that can't let go of the prejudices of the past. Just wrapping yourself in your flag doesn't make you right. It just means that you're manipulating people's love of their country for your own gain.

  59. #3059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Then you have people like MrNAZI who claim that ALL Muslims are evil because, apparently, there's no way anyone could follow Islam and be a good person.
    I believe that Muslim people are people, but the Islamic RELIGION is a very hateful ideology that hasn't reformed (like other old-world religions have) to the point where it tolerates other religions and western-style nation-state democracies. I have yet to see any "live and let live" preached and practiced in the Islamic world.

    To reiterate, it is about the religious/political ideology that I oppose, not the people themselves. (I realize that won't make any difference to you and you call me names like "Nazi" - LOL - for it anyway because you have no argument)
    Last edited by MrOilers; 16-12-2017 at 10:42 AM.

  60. #3060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    OK, what EXACTLY are non-Canadian beliefs and loyalties? People are supposed to arrive here and instantly be impossible to tell from people who were born here? And they're not supposed to bring their religion? What are the supposed to do, covert as soon and they step off the plane? And convert to what? Christianity specifically or is there some official Canadian religion I haven't heard of?

    I've known a woman since high school, which for me was 40 years ago. She's Slovenian (You wouldn't have dared called her Yugoslavian) and to this day she still refers to the ****ing Serbs, particularly if she's had a beer or two. She was born here. Her parent immigrated before the war. Her parents don't talk like this. So how did she pick up the "non-Canadian" beliefs and loyalties?

    Then you have people like MrNAZI who claim that ALL Muslims are evil because, apparently, there's no way anyone could follow Islam and be a good person.

    I like to look at each persons actions on their own before deciding on what sort of person they are. But if they continually speak out in favour of, let's say, white supremacists, then over time I'll tend to classify them the same way. If you cannot separate the actions of someone who straps a bomb to themselves from a group of school girls who just want to attend a robotics competition, then I'll tend to lump you in with the people who drive cars into crowds of people outside a mosque in London. If you condemn an entire religion for the actions of one person who kills people for not being Muslim but don't do the same when a Christian leaves behind a note attacking all Muslims before going to a Mosque and killing people who were doing noting but praying, then I'll tend to lump you in with him.

    If you can't see that someone shouting Allah akbar before killing civilians has more in common with someone standing up and saying God Bless America while sending troops off to war for oil, based on lies, then you're the one that can't let go of the prejudices of the past. Just wrapping yourself in your flag doesn't make you right. It just means that you're manipulating people's love of their country for your own gain.
    Are you referring to my comments?

    I’m just stating realities. Everyone arriving in Canada has brought in baggage. Non-Canadian beliefs are whatever new that’s been introduced. Over the centuries continually immigration and various waves of immigration have introduced all kinds of non-Canadian beliefs from variations on economic systems, a multitude of American beliefs, attitudes towards other groups, variations on Christianity to whole introductions of new religions.

    It’s variously been seen as good and bad by some or other subset of Canadians and over time often the good and bad perceptions of the past seem to have flipped with good becoming bad and bad becoming good. There’s

    There is a real need to realize that there never have and never will be homogeneous beliefs or loyalties in Canada. Old Canadian values were always pluralistic and still are.
    Last edited by KC; 16-12-2017 at 12:54 PM.

  61. #3061

    Default

    That's something that Kellie Leitch learned the hard way. She wanted people to swear to uphold "Canadian values" but she could never say what exactly those values were. She also supported a "barbaric cultural practices" snitch line while not saying what "cultural" practices she was talking about and why the current system of reporting things like spousal abuse and child marriage weren't sufficient.

    When someone comes here I expect them to respect the law and allow other people to live their lives as they see fit within the same parameters. But see decided it had to be couched in terms like "barbaric cultural".

  62. #3062

    Default

    Much like Trump and his "three million illegal votes"

    Roy Moore Won’t Accept Reality, Asks Supporters to Donate to ‘Election Integrity Fund’

    Without math on his side, Moore is falling back on an old favorite from the conspiracy-minded right-wing playbook.


    “My campaign team is busy collecting numerous reported cases of voter fraud and irregularities for the Secretary of State’s office,” Moore told supporters in his email. He said he needed another $75,000 to aid in the effort, since his campaign is now out of money. “Time is running out for conservatives to guarantee the integrity of this election,” the email continued, citing the looming reporting deadline for turning over the evidence.


    Merrill has some bad news on that front as well. He told the AP that his office has already investigated reports of voting irregularities and that “we have not discovered any that have been proven factual in nature.”

    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...rity-fund.html

  63. #3063

    Default

    After over a half-century being Canadian the most important "Canadian value" we seem to have is Not Being American.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

  64. #3064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    That's something that Kellie Leitch learned the hard way. She wanted people to swear to uphold "Canadian values" but she could never say what exactly those values were. She also supported a "barbaric cultural practices" snitch line while not saying what "cultural" practices she was talking about and why the current system of reporting things like spousal abuse and child marriage weren't sufficient.

    When someone comes here I expect them to respect the law and allow other people to live their lives as they see fit within the same parameters. But see decided it had to be couched in terms like "barbaric cultural".
    Here’s a great example of limited mental functioning. (See below: “Florida immigrant 'planned mass shooting at mosque' “. "I just want to give these freaking people a taste of their own medicine," . ). Note the use of “these ... people”

    The guy’s mind started with a generalized perception of values, and a overlaid that generalization on a group somewhere else simply because of their membership in a loosely associated group. Something like: Terrorist = muslim = mosque = all attendees anywhere and everywhere are the same.

    The reality is more like: Terrorist = certain personality defects = radical / fundamental extremist religion or ideology = nothing else. There’s zero transference of murderous demented beliefs to all the ‘normal’ people going about life in the normal world even if they are members or followers of distantly related ideological groups.

    This ‘immigrant’ couldn’t separate his generalization from reality much like mentally not being able to see the reality of second and third order consequences following first order consequences.






    Florida immigrant 'planned mass shooting at mosque'
    5 December 2017

    “Bernandino Bolatete, a Filipino immigrant to the US, planned to target the Islamic Center of Northeast Florida in Jacksonville, says the FBI.

    "I just want to give these freaking people a taste of their own medicine," he allegedly texted an undercover officer.

    The green card-holder has been charged with possessing a gun silencer.”

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42241667

    What’s more, is that the irony of his own mental limitations and similarity to, not difference from, other terrorists - was totally and absolutely lost on him or beyond his capacity. i.e. “Look in the mirror! God dam it!”

    It seem that in these people with such truncated or limited thought processes there’s never acceptance of the nuances and reversals apparent in most hateful belief scenarios, let alone recognizing the demonstrably wrong conclusion the proverbial “slippery slope” advocates repeatedly encounter and ignore.
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 08:47 AM.

  65. #3065

    Default

    Or this guy, that some on this forum refuse to call a terrorist.

    Church shooter Dylann Roof penned letter to former white nationalist calling him a ‘traitor surrounded by Jews’: report

    According to Picciolini, “That tells me he is completely indoctrinated by these alternative set of facts … pushed by a movement that puts all the blame on Jewish people. He’s been fed all of that (and) that’s become his reality.”

    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/chu...y-jews-report/

  66. #3066

    Default

    Getting the jump on MrNAZI and his "trustworthy sources"

    Alex Jones: Democrats stole the Alabama election with dead people and buses

    It's not exactly clear what exclusive research Jones obtained or how it proved Moore would have won the election at this time. No poll had Moore ahead by 10 to 15 points. This one was always going to be closer than that.


    "The election was clearly stolen," Jones added. "The swamp has struck back big time in Alabama. Massive evidence of election fraud."


    Now, it wouldn't be a true Infowars edition of the blame game if Jones didn't somehow bring up the Clinton family, so naturally, Jones did. "So it really is biblical what we’re witnessing and the dirty tricks of the Clintons and the dirty tricks of their systems in this country reaching down through into daily life," he said. "They come after you when you fight. They run intelligence operations. They destroy families. They pay people off."

    https://www.salon.com/2017/12/14/ale...ple-and-buses/

  67. #3067
    C2E Posting Power
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    I don't even know anymore :/
    Posts
    934

    Default

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/16/health...rds/index.html

    Officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the very agency tasked with saving and protecting the lives of the most vulnerable, are now under order by the Trump administration to stop using words including "vulnerable" in 2018 budget documents, according to The Washington Post.
    nation's leading public health institute were presented with the menu of seven banned words, an analyst told the paper. On the list: "diversity," "fetus," "transgender," "vulnerable," "entitlement," "science-based" and "evidence-based."
    The irony of this administration. They're all for free-speech, until they feel threatened. People can't use fetus because they might publish information on abortion. Diversity and transgender are scary and we don't understand them so let's pretend they don't exist. Who needs science and evidence based research when we have our feelings? Instead they must say "CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes", because what the community feels is more important than any facts they may be presented with. The biggest snowflakes in the world are those who are calling everyone else snowflakes.

    I hope the fact that this administration is banning words rings at least one or two alarm bells for a few of you, but I doubt it will.

  68. #3068
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where ever the pilot takes me
    Posts
    2,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Or this guy, that some on this forum refuse to call a terrorist.
    The irony is that ISIS is actually more inclusive than this "guy" since as long as you buy in fully into their ideology you're accepted regardless of ethnicity or skin color.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

  69. #3069

    Default

    Remember, this is a guy that' he's trying yo impress for a profile in Playboy.

    The Trump Files: The Time He Went Nuts on a Water Cooler

    Mark Bowden, the reporter and author of the book Black Hawk Down, was “prepared to like” the aging and increasingly hefty Donald Trump when he set out to profile the mogul for Playboy in 1996. The two men took a trip down to Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort for a weekend, but the reality of The Donald quickly made any affection impossible.


    “Trump struck me as adolescent, hilariously ostentatious, arbitrary, unkind, profane, dishonest, loudly opinionated, and consistently wrong,” Bowden wrote last year in Vanity Fair, recalling his time profiling Trump. “He remains the most vain man I have ever met. And he was trying to make a good impression.”

    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-water-cooler/

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •