Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,600 of 10819

Thread: Trump - misc

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    If he did, he's a genius.
    First of all, he's not and we all know it. Second, if he did, he'd be an evil genius because of the hundreds of deaths that would be directly attributable to his supposed PR campaign. Such a "plan" would be morally and ethically reprehensible. I can see why you'd take a shine to it.

Also, any comments on Mulvaney declaring today that there was indeed a quid pro quo? I seem to recall you swearing up and down that such a thing never existed.

Arsonist brags that he put out the fire he started but the polls results was worth the loss of life...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    If I could see it from a 1,000 miles away, then it isn't a genius plan, it is an illegal fraud to have a foreign power to instigate a war with a prior agreement to plan a ceasefire to gain political points for a US election. This would be worse than the Ukraine extortion and would be another matter of impeachment.

But I can see that you like illegal behavior for Trump but go out of your frigging mind when Obama wore a tan suit.

His choice of tie disgusts me.

Trump just pulled American troops out of a centuries-old war zone and negotiated a ceasefire agreement without spending millions of dollars.

He proves, yet again, that he is doing a great job at keeping America's nose out of more pointless wars.

Impeach him! Impeach him! How un-Presidential!

This is how you wear a tie

Note sticky tape.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Trump just pulled American troops out of a centuries-old war zone and negotiated a ceasefire agreement without spending millions of dollars.

He proves, yet again, that he is doing a great job at keeping America's nose out of more pointless wars.
    Yup, sending them to Saudi Arabia...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    If I could see it from a 1,000 miles away, then it isn't a genius plan, it is an illegal fraud to have a foreign power to instigate a war with a prior agreement to plan a ceasefire to gain political points for a US election. This would be worse than the Ukraine extortion and would be another matter of impeachment.

But I can see that you like illegal behavior for Trump but go out of your frigging mind when Obama wore a tan suit.

His choice of tie disgusts me.

Trump would never make this wardrobe blunder!!! MAGA!!!

Eternally Outraged Congressman Not Trying to Be ‘Trivial,’ But Doesn’t Think Obama’s Tan Suit Was Appropriate

“...thanks to who else but Long Island Republican Representative Peter King. “There’s no way, I don’t think, any of us can excuse what the president did yesterday. I mean, you have the world watching,” said King on right-wing internet TV today.

“For him to walk out — I’m not trying to be trivial here — in a light suit, a light tan suit, saying that first he wants to talk about what most Americans care about, and he said that’s the revision of second quarter numbers on the economy,” King continued, operating at Peak Peter King. “This is a week after Jim Foley was beheaded, and he’s trying to act like, you know, real Americans care about the economy, not about ISIS and not about ...”

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2014/...-tan-suit.html

Note sticky tape.
    Blame the climate change hoax. It was fake wind!

Haha

Just wait. He’ll save millions more as he cuts vaccines and other global assistance efforts. Those vaccines are just allowing those countries to have bigger presidential crowds than him.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

Haha

Just wait. He’ll save millions more as he cuts vaccines and other global assistance efforts. Those vaccines are just allowing those countries to have bigger presidential crowds than him.
    Yeah, diseases in Africa and the Middle East will just go to Europe. "I hope they all do great, we are 7,000 miles away!" Trump said, and diseases won't come to the US because I say so...

Haha

Yeah, diseases in Africa and the Middle East will just go to Europe. "I hope they all do great, we are 7,000 miles away!" Trump said, and diseases won't come to the US because I say so...
    He knows. He really does. MAGA-GAGA!

Turkey's Erdogan threw Trump's ‘Don’t be a fool’ letter in the trash, then attacked Syria
    Meanwhile, the Kremlin called Trump's tone in the letter highly unusual for correspondence between heads of states
    https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...-guy-or-a-fool

Turns out the guy who writes at a 3rd grade level might not be understanding the instructions provided by his boss fully...

"Just because you're my useful ***** doesn't mean you get to parade your idiocy around"
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Yup, sending them to Saudi Arabia...
    The US has a base there.

As far as I understand Saudi Arabia is not in Kansas, bringing troops home is not moving them to another Middle Eastern base.

They had bases in Syria too. Now the Russians have them

It's Randy Rainbow time!

From Mark Evanier

Trump announces that he will soon be "issuing an Executive Order authorizing the imposition of sanctions against current and former officials of the Government of Turkey and any persons contributing to Turkey's destabilizing actions in northeast Syria." Oh, great. Now Trump has to impose sanctions on himself.

https://www.newsfromme.com/2019/10/1...-trump-dump-9/

Trump awards G7 summit to his own Florida golf resort
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ue-next-summit
    The White House says it has chosen Donald Trump’s golf resort near Miami as the site for next year’s Group of Seven summit.

The announcement on Thursday comes at the same that the president has accused Joe Biden’s family of profiting from public office because of Hunter Biden’s business activities in Ukraine when his father was vice-president.

The G7 summit will be held from 10 to 12 June. The idea of holding the event at Trump’s resort has been criticized by government ethics watchdogs.

Anti-corruption groups condemned the move. Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington said the move was “unbelievable”, especially in the light of ongoing impeachment efforts against Trump.

“Given the potential consequences the president is facing for abusing the presidency for his own gain, we would have thought he would steer clear of blatant corruption at least temporarily; instead he has doubled down on it. The president is now officially using the power of his office to help prop up his struggling golf business,” said Crew’s executive director, Noah Bookbinder.

“There appears to be no bottom to President Trump’s corruption. What matters most to him is his personal profit and personal advancement, not the best interests of the American people. There is now no question that the American government is being used as a public relations and marketing subsidiary of the Trump Organization.”

Trump appears to confirm open secret about US nuclear weapons in Turkey
    By Zachary Cohen, CNN
    Updated 8:35 PM EDT, Wed October 16, 2019

“..."The remaining 50 bombs are for use by US jets, even though Turkey never allowed the US Air Force to permanently base fighter-squadrons at Incirlik. Jets would have to fly in during a crisis to pick up the weapons or they would have to be shipped to other locations before use. As a result, the nuclear posture at Incirlik has been more a storage site than a fighter-bomber base during the past two decades," Kristensen wrote on Wednesday.”

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/polit...key/index.html

Turkey holding 50 US nuclear bombs 'hostage' at air base, report says
    By Melissa Leon | Fox News

“Erdogan has previously expressed a desire to boost Turkey's nuclear arsenal.

“Some nations have missiles with nuclear warheads — not just one or two. But [they say] I should not have missiles with nuclear warheads. I don’t accept this," Erdogan said last month, according to the state-run Anadolu Agency.”

https://www.foxnews.com/world/turkey...-hostage-syria
    Last edited by KC; 17-10-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Mick Mulvaney’s admission today did not reveal the smoking gun but worse, confirmed that the President and his staff have been lying through their teeth and confirmed the Whistleblower's report.

The impeachment inquiry just shifted into high gear.

Mick Mulvaney’s comments on Trump and Ukraine couldn’t have been clearer.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...4aa_story.html

Mick Mulvaney said, Mr. Trump withheld military aid from Ukraine, money that had been appropriated by Congress and was desperately needed to resist Russian aggression, in order to induce the government of Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate a conspiracy theory about the hacking of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) during the 2016 election. In other words, the president was using U.S. aid as leverage to advance his personal political agenda.

“We do that all the time with foreign policy,” Mr. Mulvaney said with stunning brazenness. “I have news for everybody: Get over it. There is going to be political influence in foreign policy.”

Hours later, apparently realizing (or having been told) that confession might not be the most astute defense strategy, he tried to walk back his remarks, saying “there was absolutely no quid pro quo.” But his earlier statement could not have been clearer.

The chief of staff’s declaration represented an about-face in the White House defense on the Ukraine affair. Until now, Mr. Trump’s main argument has been that the whistleblower who described his July 25 phone call with Mr. Zelensky and his subordination of U.S. diplomacy to his reelection campaign had gotten it all wrong: There was no quid pro quo. But testimony to Congress by half a dozen present and former State Department and White House officials, and a rough transcript of the phone call, have fully confirmed the whistleblower’s memo.

The new defense outlined by Mr. Mulvaney: Okay, we did it. So what?

The chief of staff argued that every administration seeks concessions from foreign governments in exchange for aid or meetings with the president. That’s true — but the difference here is that Mr. Trump was demanding help for his personal political cause, not for the United States. In the call with Mr. Zelensky, which took place a week after he suspended $391 million in military aid, Mr. Trump asked for an investigation of the far-fetched theory that the DNC server hacked by Russia had somehow been spirited away to Ukraine.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 17-10-2019 at 10:18 PM.

From Jim Wright on Facebook

Mike Pence supposedly negotiated a ceasefire in Syria between Turkey and the Kurds.

A ceasefire whereby Turkey and Russia get everything they want -- including the US abandoning the region -- and the Kurds being thrown off their land or slaughtered.

Now, for this ceasefire to hold, Turkey's leader Erdogan said this morning: "It's the responsibility of the United States to ensure that Kurdish fighters withdraw in the 120-hour window."

Ah.

You see it, right?

That's the Joker in the deck. Right there.

It's the responsibility of the United States.

The United States.

It's our job to see all Kurdish fighters are removed from an area designated by Erdogan and Putin.

Got it?

And we have 5 days, 120 hours, to get it done -- using ... troops that have already retreated from the area and bombed their own bases, I guess.

Or Turkey resumes its attack.

So, when the Turkish slaughter resumes, and it will, it will be blamed on the United States for not evacuating these alleged fighters. That's right. And Russia and Turkey will justify it by pointing to Trump's comment that Turkey has a right to "clean out" the Kurds.

Essentially what's happened here is that Trump sent Pence to Turkey to take responsibility for genocide and hand a brutal tyrant a get out of jail free card.

https://www.facebook.com/Stonekettle...IwvBF8&fref=nf

Meanwhile of Fox, press secretary talks about the ceasefire while split screen shows Turkey is violating it as she speaks.

Fox News graphic busts White House press secretary for lying about Syria cease-fire

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/fox...ia-cease-fire/

C2E SME

He just sent even more troops to Saudi Arabia, so on the whole, he's put his nose in deeper, not kept it out. And that's to say nothing of the thousands of sailors and other soldiers on ships that were moved in to the Persian Gulf last year due to the increased tensions in the region, that were 100% the result of his leaving the JCPOA.

I've already pointed this out to you. Why do you continue to ignore objective reality?

Because MrOilers lives inside the same bubble as Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Meanwhile of Fox, press secretary talks about the ceasefire while split screen shows Turkey is violating it as she speaks.

Fox News graphic busts White House press secretary for lying about Syria cease-fire

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/fox...ia-cease-fire/
    What’s going on? Is Fox adopting some weird new form of media presentation?

We can hear Trump yelling: “They must stop that objectivity NOW!”
    Last edited by KC; 18-10-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post

He just sent even more troops to Saudi Arabia, so on the whole, he's put his nose in deeper, not kept it out. And that's to say nothing of the thousands of sailors and other soldiers on ships that were moved in to the Persian Gulf last year due to the increased tensions in the region, that were 100% the result of his leaving the JCPOA.

I've already pointed this out to you. Why do you continue to ignore objective reality?
    I think it’s called baiting.

Or he’s using c2e as a proving ground before applying for the soon to be vacant Whitehouse OMP (Office Of Mis-communication & Propaganda*) positions.

* yeah lame. Gotta work on that. How about OFS (office of foreign service) or PACO (Putin’s American Communication Office)
    Last edited by KC; 18-10-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Here is MrOilers on the job

Meanwhile, inside Trump's head....

Trump blurts out a startling statement: ‘We’ve taken control of the oil in the Middle East’

“We’ve taken control of the oil in the Middle East, the oil that we’re talking about, the oil that everybody was worried about. We have the U.S. control of that,” Trump said, minutes after concluding a talk with the first two women astronauts to participate in an all-women spacewalk.

“This is a deal that should been made 15 years, 10 ago, over the last number of years under the Obama administration. The real numbers is over one million people were killed,” Trump said, doubling his claim from earlier this week. “We have lost no, not a drop of blood since we’ve started, what I’ve started, and it was, so far it’s working out.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/tru...e-middle-east/

Note sticky tape.
    I know tie clips are a bit archaic and old fashioned, but he sure could have used one there. Including a barette for that mop.

Tell that to the Kurds.

C2E SME

Were you attempting to make a point? Because the point I made is that Trump threw away all US influence of the settlement and future of Syria and did massive damage to the US's reputation that will last a generation in exchange for... nothing at all.

No wonder that 'The Art of the Deal' was written by a ghost writer.

Trump not only writes at a 6th grade level but his deals with Turkey resulted in Turkey getting everything it wanted and Trump has absolutely nothing to show for it.

Everything Trump touches, dies.

Note sticky tape.
    I know tie clips are a bit archaic and old fashioned, but he sure could have used one there. Including a barette for that mop.
    The hair mostly stays in place, but the tie does not - lots of things wrong with that picture. Perhaps he needs his hairdresser to help with his tie issues.

C2E Continued Contributor

The letter is great. He sounds like a New Yorker.

"Don't be a tough guy. Don't be a fool"

"I will call you later"

Ha ha ha!
    Wait what. You must be the only person who is impressed by this letter. This is explains so much...

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    The letter is great. He sounds like a New Yorker.

"Don't be a tough guy. Don't be a fool"

"I will call you later"

Ha ha ha!
    Wait what. You must be the only person who is impressed by this letter. This is explains so much...
    Nonetheless it’s an instant classic that - baring nuclear annihilation - will be referenced for years and years.

Meanwhile, inside Trump's head....

Trump blurts out a startling statement: ‘We’ve taken control of the oil in the Middle East’

“We’ve taken control of the oil in the Middle East, the oil that we’re talking about, the oil that everybody was worried about. We have the U.S. control of that,” Trump said, minutes after concluding a talk with the first two women astronauts to participate in an all-women spacewalk.

“This is a deal that should been made 15 years, 10 ago, over the last number of years under the Obama administration. The real numbers is over one million people were killed,” Trump said, doubling his claim from earlier this week. “We have lost no, not a drop of blood since we’ve started, what I’ve started, and it was, so far it’s working out.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/tru...e-middle-east/
    So... what the heck could this mean - in his head???

It’s not Syria’s oil as the US left. Iraq’s oil?
    Maybe he traded the 50 nukes for oil?
    Does he mean Saudi oil since they moved troop there?

Trump Claims To Have "Taken Control" Of Middle East Oil | OilPrice.com
    https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...-East-Oil.html
    Last edited by KC; 18-10-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Trump's own State Department concludes that the 33,000 emails on Hillary Clinton's server we not deliberately mishandled by her or her associates.

So the concerted efforts by Republicans to use multiple investigations of Benghazi and the 33,000 emails have come to no charges against Hillary Clinton.

Now back to "lock him up, lock him up!"

As the US war in Afghanistan passes the 18 year mark, it is now the 3rd most expensive war in US history and counting:

https://howmuch.net/articles/most-ex...ars-us-history

Back in time to Syria:

Trump once claimed Syria could lead to ‘World War III.’ Good thing he wised up. - The Washington Post

“The claim that increased American military activity in Syria — whether in the form of a no-fly zone to protect civilians or the sort of precision airstrike carried out last week — would precipitate world war is one made by noninterventionists across the political spectrum. But as Washington Post columnist Anne Applebaum explained back in 2016, when Trump initially used this line of attack against Clinton, the threat of World War III erupting over Syria could be sourced back to Russian propaganda, which painted the former secretary of state as a deranged “warmonger.” The specter of Western democracies plunging humanity into world war, though, claims a pedigree much older than the most recent American presidential election. Or the present-day U.S.-Russia dynamic. From the onset of the Cold War, it was a staple of Soviet propaganda meant to cast the United States as the aggressor and the Soviet Union as the bulwark of global “peace.” ...”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...oviet-origins/
    Bolding mine

This must be what Trump meant when he called Erdoğan "a tough guy". Wait, didn't he also tell Erdoğan to "Not be a tough guy"? In Trumpland, he can be both and neither.

International Experts Launch Probe Of Possible Chemical Attack By Turkey On Syrian Kurds
    At least six Kurds, including children, reportedly suffered severe burns.

Chemical weapon experts have initiated an investigation of a possible chemical attack by Turkish forces on America’s Kurdish allies in northern Syria, The Guardian and other publications reported Friday.

The Kurdish Red Crescent has reported that at least six Kurds, some of them civilians, including children, are being treated for burns suffered after an attack in or around the border town of Ras al Ain with what appeared to be white phosphorus.

A representative of the intergovernmental Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, which works with the United Nations, told The Guardian on Friday that officials were “aware of the situation” and “collecting information with regard to possible use of chemical weapons.” The credibility of the attack has “not yet been determined,” according to the spokesperson.

Foreign Policy magazine reported that Turkish forces or their supporters appeared to be using munitions loaded with white phosphorus.

Photos provided to Foreign Policy — and confirmed by a senior U.S. administration official — show children from Ras al Ain with severe chemical burns.

Hamish de Bretton-Gordon, a former commander of Britain’s chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear regiment, told The Times of London that the burns look like they were caused by white phosphorus. “White phosphorus is a horrific weapon, which can be delivered by aircraft or artillery,” he told the newspaper. “It reacts to the moisture in the skin in a way that intensifies its burning, so that water cannot put it out.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...2fe?ri18n=true

And why should Edrogan not be a tough guy but Kim can? Maybe Edrogan should write Trump a beautiful letter.

“Hey, he’s a tough guy. When you take over a country—a tough country, tough people—and you take it over from your father, I don’t care who you are, what you are, how much of an advantage you have. If you can do that at 27 years old, I mean, that’s one in 10,000 that could do that. So he’s a very smart guy. He’s a great negotiator,” Trump told Fox News’ Bret Baier.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...es-a-tough-guy

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    As the US war in Afghanistan passes the 18 year mark, it is now the 3rd most expensive war in US history and counting:

https://howmuch.net/articles/most-ex...ars-us-history
    Yeah seems insane. The Russians likely spent insane amounts there too (now they’re in Syria.)

Republicans were the US political party in power and so the driver’s behind the Afghanistan war/retaliation.
    Last edited by KC; 18-10-2019 at 10:55 PM.

Looks like Clinton has been cleared of any wrong doing... of course trump/trumps spokesmen MrOilers has been silent on the issue
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Looks like Clinton has been cleared of any wrong doing... of course trump/trumps spokesmen MrOilers has been silent on the issue
    How the ratio going between Republican investigations into Democrats vs Democrat investigations into Republicans?

Surprise surprise
    Only some Republicans are aghast.

GOP players in Benghazi probe drop strong defense of congressional oversight - The Washington Post

”by Mike DeBonis and Rachael Bade
    October 10, 2019 at 5:15 PM EDT

Several key players in the House impeachment inquiry of President Trump were the strongest proponents of Republicans’ iron-fisted oversight of the Obama administration, culminating in a two-year House probe into the deadly 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

Now, faced with a politically charged investigation into a president of their own party, they have dropped their formerly stout defense of congressional prerogatives and have joined Trump in endorsing a campaign of massive resistance to the impeachment probe — a turnabout that has left many Democrats and even some Republicans aghast.”

“The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong,” Gowdy said in 2012,

“If we have a situation where the president can command noncooperation, he will effectively shut down the system of checks and balances.”

He added, “We could have presidential abuses in the future that would make what [Richard] Nixon did look like finger-painting in a nursery school.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...31d_story.html
    Last edited by KC; 19-10-2019 at 10:13 AM.

How the ratio going between Republican investigations into Democrats vs Democrat investigations into Republicans?
    Im not keeping count, but I recall a few people in jail and a few more still facing multiple charges on the republican side

Still recall the Republicans going ballistic about Bill Clinton on a consensual sex act but are completely silent on the litany of wrong doing by Trump and back him up even when there is ample proof and even video of Trump admitting to breaking the law.

All the while they point to Hillary and Biden.

In the Bible, it says

Matthew 7:3 And why behold you the speck that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye?

Matthew 7:5
    You hypocrite! First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Republicans and the Christian right wing could take a lesson.

Still recall the Republicans going ballistic about Bill Clinton on a consensual sex act but are completely silent on the litany of wrong doing by Trump and back him up even when there is ample proof and even video of Trump admitting to breaking the law.

In the Bible, it says

Matthew 7:3 And why behold you the speck that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye?

You hypocrite! First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Just wanted to mention that I believe the issue wasn't with the men having sex outside their marriages. Trump had sex with a porn star bimbo, presumably in one of his hotel rooms. Clinton got his knob slobbered on while sitting in the oval office with sensitive docs and other important private government material at hand.

You forgot about the $130,000 payment and the coverup. Michael Cohen went to jail and the other conspirator is the Messiah of the Rpublican base.

In the Bible, it says

It seems that Christianity and other religions often provide an out for bad behaviour. (killing is ok, etc.)

I am a Christian and if my Pastor or anyone would get on the pulpit and support Trump, I would stand up in the congregation and publicly rebuke them.

The "*****" who proves it every day.

"A casino"?

His casino companies made four trips to bankruptcy court, each time persuading bondholders to accept less money rather than be wiped out. But the companies repeatedly added more expensive debt and returned to the court for protection from lenders.

After narrowly escaping financial ruin in the early 1990s by delaying payments on his debts, Mr. Trump avoided a second potential crisis by taking his casinos public and shifting the risk to stockholders.

And he never was able to draw in enough gamblers to support all of the borrowing. During a decade when other casinos here thrived, Mr. Trump’s lagged, posting huge losses year after year. Stock and bondholders lost more than $1.5 billion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/12/n...ntic-city.html

4 casinos...

Everything Trump touches, dies...

Even his G-7 summit

Trump announces G-7 won’t be held at Doral after widespread criticism for it violating the Constitution

President Donald Trump announced Saturday evening that the G-7 Summit will not be held at his Trump National Doral Miami golf club.

The selection of Doral had been widely condemned as a clear violation of both the constitution’s domestic and foreign emolument clauses.

“I thought I was doing something very good for our country by using Trump National Doral, in Miami, for hosting the G-7 leaders,” Trump claimed.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/tru...-constitution/

Trump drops plan to host G7 at his own golf resort
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-...oral-1.5328020

Trump announces rare backtrack after facing accusations he was using presidency to enrich himself

One minute apart...

Still does not absolve him.

Was caught with his hands in the cookie jar. Putting them back does not mean everything is back to normal.

Watch the Republicans make a T-shirt bragging about this like the ones they made of "just get over it".

The party of family values and justice sold their souls to the Devil and then say it's all OK because the Devil is on their side.

4 casinos...

... and everyone close to him on his one way street called loyalty ends up disillusioned and quitting (if lucky) or if not, fired, discredited, broke, insulted/double crossed by Trump, or in jail. I have never seen anyone do so much random political damage even to his own allies and supporters.

U.S. troops leaving Syria for western Iraq, Defense Secretary Esper says
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u...esper-n1069086

I thought that Trump campaigned on bringing the troops home.

Western Iraq, been there so long, it feels like home.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 20-10-2019 at 08:07 AM.

U.S. troops leaving Syria for western Iraq, Defense Secretary Esper says
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u...esper-n1069086

I thought that Trump campaigned on bringing the troops home.

Western Iraq, been there so long, it feels like home.
    What’s going on here? Trump said ISIS was defeated! Why add troops?...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    4 casinos...

... and everyone close to him on his one way street called loyalty ends up disillusioned and quitting (if lucky) or if not, fired, discredited, broke, insulted/double crossed by Trump, or in jail. I have never seen anyone do so much random political damage even to his own allies and supporters.
    From swamp to cesspool. The Trump dump.

Or more like septic tank. Dump **** in, drain it out - all the while adding more ****.
    Last edited by KC; 20-10-2019 at 09:23 AM.

The Constitution is part of FAKE NEWS!

Trump blows up over ‘phony emoluments clause’ as he whines G7 at Doral ‘would have been the best ever’

“It would have been the best G7 ever,” Trump complained, according to Herman. “You people with this phony emoluments clause.”

The emoluments clause, which appears in Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution, states that “No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/tru...the-best-ever/

I am a Christian and if my Pastor or anyone would get on the pulpit and support Trump, I would stand up in the congregation and publicly rebuke them.
    Religion has no place in politics, and vice-versa.

There are two emoluments clauses against the President profiting from his office.

One for foreign and one for domestic

Love how Trump blames the Democrats and the media for his failure of the Doral choice.

Also love how Mick Mulvaney blames the media for him saying there was no quid pro quo. He did not say it in Latin but confirmed it in English. "We do that all the time"

The media is to blame only for turning on their cameras...

Yeah, right. If you believe that, I have a Golf Course Resort that is just perfect for the G7 + Putin to sell you...

And let's ignore the GOP support of their religious agenda for Supreme Court Judge appointments.

Not the church I knew: Evangelical leaders grow more dishonest in defense of Trump
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2432451001/

Religious right sticks by Trump as political heat rises

https://www.apnews.com/09acb60e55594ee79914e7691fdcd922

Nothing Will Persuade White Evangelicals to Support Impeachment
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...chment/600376/

Trump is antiabortion. That alone explains why Christians favor him
    https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...ion-christians

Yeah, right. If you believe that, I have a Golf Course Resort that is just perfect for the G7 + Putin to sell you...

And let's ignore the GOP support of their religious agenda for Supreme Court Judge appointments.

Not the church I knew: Evangelical leaders grow more dishonest in defense of Trump
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2432451001/

Religious right sticks by Trump as political heat rises

https://www.apnews.com/09acb60e55594ee79914e7691fdcd922

Nothing Will Persuade White Evangelicals to Support Impeachment
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...chment/600376/

Trump is antiabortion. That alone explains why Christians favor him
    https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...ion-christians
    I don't like any of it, which is why I stated the two should should not intersect. Unfortunately, in many places, religion impacts many laws, from abortion to motorcycle helmet laws. I don't like any of it.

C2E SME

Heh, so it's actually even worse than I said. None of the troops from Syria are "going home". They're being moved to Iraq. MrOilers, will you ever clue in to how often your fearless leader makes a liar out of you?

Said leader makes a liar out of himself so often that MrOilers would be daft not to

He has removed them from Syria. Which is what i am happy about.

Maybe one day they'll pull out of Iraq as well.

Trump always said he would be bringing them home. He lied.

Hotel heir Eric Trump berates the Bidens as 'sickening', claiming families in politics use the advantages to 'enrich themselves' - just as his father was forced to reverse hosting G7 at Doral
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hemselves.html
    It can't happen in politics on any side of the aisle,' Eric Trump told Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro on her show.

'Where does Joe Biden get off being so pompous and above it all?' the host, a favorite of President Trump's, asked his son.

'I think American people are going to see that. He is pompous. And they are above it all. And If I was doing the same thing that that family was doing, I'd be in jail,' Eric Trump responded.

'Why is it that every family in politics and enriches themselves?' he asked, in a comment that drew immediate scrutiny online.

'We're the only family,' he complained, prompting Pirro to interject: 'The least money!'

'We stopped doing deals when my father because ... we stopped doing deals when he went into politics,' Trump said.
    The gold standard in irony...

Komrade Bone Spurs
    Trump orders US troops withdrawing from Syria to Iraq but this is a violates the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement that drew down US forces in Iraq.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.%E...rces_Agreement

Iraq may see this move as another US invasion especially with Trump announcing that he is securing US oil interests.

Trump claims that he did not know who the two Ukrainians indicted are.

Funny that Trump signed a note of thanks to Lev Parnas

Lev Parnas Instagram Reveals Personal Note From Trump Thanking Him For His ‘Friendship’https://www.thedailybeast.com/lev-pa...his-friendshipWall Street Journal / Lev Parnas / Instagram

Shelby Holliday · Oct 21, 2019
    In August of 2015, Parnas posted four photos and a video from a Trump campaign event at Doral, including this picture with Trump and his son.
    https://www.wsj.com/video/private-ph...6DCC1488E.html

Funny, his legal team had a celebratory dinner with them at the Trump Washington Hotel. the day after Bill Barr released Mueller Summary

RUDY’S DISINFORMATION CAMPAIGN TIES DIRECTLY WITH KEY MILESTONES IN THE MUELLER INVESTIGATION
    https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/10/2...n/?print=print

more connections

Rudolph W. Giuliani, right, and Lev Parnas arrive for a state funeral service for former president George H.W. Bush on Dec. 5, 2018. (Al Drago/Bloomberg News)

Seeking foreign assistance in elections runs in the family

Connecting the conspiracy https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...trump-ukraine/

Heh, so it's actually even worse than I said. None of the troops from Syria are "going home". They're being moved to Iraq. MrOilers, will you ever clue in to how often your fearless leader makes a liar out of you?
    Apparently Trump didn't bother to consult with Iraq before sending more troops into the country.

Iraq says U.S. forces arriving from Syria don’t have permission to stay

U.S. troops leaving Syria and heading to neighbouring Iraq do not have permission to stay in the country, Iraq’s military said Tuesday as American forces continued to pull out of northern Syria after Turkey’s invasion of the border region.

The statement appears to contradict U.S. Defence Secretary Mark Esper, who has said that under the current plan, all U.S. troops leaving Syria will go to western Iraq and the military would continue to conduct operations against the Islamic State group to prevent its resurgence in the region.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...ission-to/#_=_

Found in the Kennedy archives.

[IMG] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHH7lXFW...g&name=900x900 [/IMG]

C2E Hard Core Contributor

That is some bizarre signature Trump has going for himself.

quid pro quo
    /ˌkwid ˌprō ˈkwō/
    noun
    a favor or advantage granted or expected in return for something.

Investigate interference in election is permitted.

Investigation for political gain against an opponent isn't

"The top diplomat in Ukraine Bill Taylor testified today that he was told by US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland that security aid to Ukraine could have been held up, in part, because of a push for Ukraine to publicly announce an investigation that could help President Trump politically, according to sources in both parties.

CNN has obtained a copy of his lengthy and detailed opening statement.

In it, Taylor said that he and Sondland spoke by phone about why the aid was frozen, and Sondland cited the need for Ukraine to open an investigation among other reasons, according to the sources.

Sondland told Taylor that the investigations potentially included both Ukraine's involvement in the 2016 election and Burisma, the Ukrainian energy company that hired former Vice President Joe Biden's son Hunter Biden, the sources said."

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...019/index.html

Investigate interference in election is permitted.
    Trump created the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity
    The Trump administration said the commission would review claims of voter fraud, improper registration, and voter suppression. The establishment of the commission followed through on previous discredited claims by Trump that millions of illegal immigrants had voted in the 2016 United States presidential election, costing him the popular vote.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presid...ity#Disbanding

Trump disbanded the Commission after 8 months when no proof could be found to the President's outrageous claims and States refused to provide documents and voters lists that were deemed legally unconstitutional.

The sad thing is I think he does have a clue, because every time something like this happens he goes suspiciously silent in these threads. Just not willing to admit maybe he looks up to a lunatic I guess.

MrOilers delays in responding because he has to wait for talking points from Moscow.

Trump made it sound like he was selling US troops to Saudi Arabia as paid mercenaries.

Trump is probably getting a percentage under the table.

I am actually a very busy person. As entertained as it makes me, I can't always keep up with this forum's version of "two minutes of rage".

Too busy to vote once every 4 years???

It took me 5 minutes to vote. MrOilers easily spends several hours per week on C2E alone, plus all the other far-right haunts he likely frequents. I'm going to call "BS" on not having time to vote.

I am actually a very busy person. As entertained as it makes me, I can't always keep up with this forum's version of "two minutes of rage".
    Have time to address your posting patterns, but not the time to address the fact that your assertion that Trump was "bringing the troops home" was incorrect, and that he lied to you. Interesting

He always has time for lies...

It takes a long time to keep the double & triple standards straight & tune up the goalposts for another day of moving them around. Give him a break!
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

It took me 5 minutes to vote. MrOilers easily spends several hours per week on C2E alone, plus all the other far-right haunts he likely frequents. I'm going to call "BS" on not having time to vote.
    Maybe it’s not easy to cast a vote for here, from mother Russia.

US' top diplomat Taylor was told Trump wanted aid withheld until Ukraine said it would investigate Biden
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/22/polit...ges/index.html

Those white hoods don't sew themselves, you know.

And now the cover-up

Highlights: Top U.S. Diplomat In Ukraine Delivers Explosive Statement To Congress

Ambassador Sondland told Taylor on a June 28 call that he did not want to include "regular interagency participants" in a call planned for Zelenskiy with Ambassador Kurt Volker, the special envoy to Ukraine, and Energy Secretary Rick Perry. Sondland said he wanted to make sure that no one was transcribing or monitoring the conversation.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/22/77244...gR7n1XbzOlPKRg

So, who is involved in a smear campaign?

The Ambassador, with a 15 page opening statement and 10 hours of testimony under oath that confirms previous witness testimony and credible whistleblower reports, who graduated from West Point in the top 1%, a Harvard, Master of Public Policy degree. he served in the Infantry in the 82nd and the 101st Airborne Division in Vietnam during the War and received a Bronze Star and Air Medal V for heroism. who served under Ronald Reagan, George Bush and Barack Obama

or the White House, defending a con artist who dodged the draft and zero previous experience, calling Taylor a ‘Radical Unelected Bureaucrat’?

“President Trump has done nothing wrong—this is a coordinated smear campaign from far-left lawmakers and radical unelected bureaucrats waging war on the Constitution,” the White House said in a statement to NPR. “There was no quid pro quo. Today was just more triple hearsay.”

No quid pro quo? Funny, Trump admitted it in the telephone transcripts and his Chief of Staff stated on National TV, that people should "get over it, we do it all the time"

Orwell's '1984' was a children's book compared to the lies, propaganda and lawlessness of the Trump Administration
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 23-10-2019 at 07:17 AM.

He has removed them from Syria. Which is what i am happy about.

Maybe one day they'll pull out of Iraq as well.
    https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...ops-middle-ea/

Trump has sent 14 times as many soldiers to the Middle East as the approximately 1,000 troops that he pledged to remove when he announced his decision to pull out of Syria.
    "Trump is using the rhetoric of ending endless war, but in reality he is waging more war," said Trita Parsi, co-founder and executive vice president of the Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft, a foreign policy think tank. "In the Middle East, he is simply moving troops from one region to another. But relocation is not departure."

When Trump said it, they thought he was joking.

Trump Could Get Away With Shooting Someone, His Lawyer Says

At a campaign event in 2016, Trump said, “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters.” On Wednesday morning, William Consovoy, an attorney for Trump, made the case that such an action could not be criminally investigated while Trump was in office at a hearing in the ongoing court battle over the president’s tax returns.

Listen to audio of the exchange between Consovoy and Judge Denny Chin below:

https://www.motherjones.com/impeachm...s-lawyer-says/

You mean the part where;

Trump's attorney Consovoy just agreed that Trump could NOT be criminally investigated while in office if he shot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue, when pressed by Judge Chin.
    The White House is probably preparing a statement as we speak saying that President Trump never said “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters.”
    but the lying left wing media, the deep state and the radical democrats have targeted the President to be lynched.

Republicans storm impeachment inquiry deposition in House Intel hearing room

A source in the room said that as the witness,
    Cooper
    , was sitting down to testify, the Republicans stormed through the room's three different doors. Rep. Bradley Byrne of Alabama was yelling at Schiff, but the California Democrat did not engage, the source said. Other Democrats, including Rep. Val Demings of Florida, shouted back at both Byrne and Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas, who were yelling about the process.
    The Republicans even walked into the hearing room with their electronics, according to Democratic Rep. Gerry Connolly of Virginia, which is prohibited in the space, known as a SCIF -- a sensitive compartmented information facility -- because it's a secure room used for discussing and handling classified information. GOP Rep. Mike Conaway of Texas, who is on the House Intelligence Committee, collected the electronics.
    What a ridiculous stunt. The committee is half republican with half the time given to republican representatives. Not to mention storming the SCIF/bringing in electronics is literally a federal crime. I'm sure they'll be prosecuted, right? Just like anyone else who tried something like this. They are all for rule of law after all.

Yeah, right, the Trump administration was concerned about corruption in Ukraine

...entirely focused on Trump's political opponents

Trump administration sought billions of dollars in cuts to programs aimed at fighting corruption in Ukraine and elsewhere
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...nl_most&wpmm=1
    Democrats have slammed White House insistence that Trump was focused on corruption — not Bidens — when he blocked Ukraine aid funds.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    What a ridiculous stunt. The committee is half republican with half the time given to republican representatives. Not to mention storming the SCIF/bringing in electronics is literally a federal crime. I'm sure they'll be prosecuted, right? Just like anyone else who tried something like this. They are all for rule of law after all.
    Most of the time the proceedings in Congress are nothing more than theater much as this was. Of course it was a calculated show of support for Trump who had admonished the GOP to be much tougher. It is yet another illustration of how Trump coerces others to act unethically, how he spreads his corrupt behavior.

Their declaration that impeachment inquiry is unfair because of its secrecy is ludicrous. It's like the Mafia complaining about police wire tapping. The GOP will have thei opportunity to express their discontent at the impeachment vote and the Senate will have its say during the trial when the evidence is revealed.
    Last edited by norwoodguy; 23-10-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109 LastLast