Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Trump - misc

Will Trump take his advice? No, of course not. Trump is incapable of ever admitting he's made a mistake.

Meanwhile, the Trump-pologists will continue their thinly veiled support for the racists & Nazis.

Romney Tells Trump to Apologize for Causing ‘Racists to Rejoice’

“Our allies around the world are stunned and our enemies celebrate; America’s ability to help secure a peaceful and prosperous world is diminished. And who would want to come to the aid of a country they perceive as racist if ever the need were to arise, as it did after 9/11?” Mr. Romney said. “In homes across the nation, children are asking their parents what this means. Jews, blacks, Hispanics, Muslims are as much a part of America as whites and Protestants. But today they wonder. Where might this lead? To bitterness and tears, or perhaps to anger and violence?”

Mr. Romney called for the president to apologize.

“He should address the American people, acknowledge that he was wrong, apologize,” Mr. Romney wrote. “State forcefully and unequivocally that racists are 100% to blame for the murder and violence in Charlottesville.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/u...le-romney.html

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    In museums...

Then you can educate people.
    Somewhere above, someone posted a link to somewhere pondering on options for these statues. One of the options was Confederate cemetaries, which seemed to me a good place. If both sides are willing to honour at least each other's deaths, then cemetaries may be a good compromise. The Civil War produced death on a stunning level, starting the funeral "industry" we know today. America was gob-smacked on many levels by the sheer volume of death it had to deal with.

But, as has been said, a large number of these statues were stamped out and dropped around the country (even Canada) to serve the dishonourable purpose of intimidation of a demeaned group. Plus, as demonstrated by the pull-down of a statue in North Carolina right after the Charlottesville incident, which crumpled over like a tin can (not a bronze cast of substance), lots of them will be very poorly made and not worth keeping, for some value of "worth" that will need to be decided.

Collecting them up in museums seems like pushing the south's loss in their faces, just as the south has tried to push the statues in black's faces. If the country is already accepting Confederate cemetaries then I think the sympathies are there to accept the best statues in those cemetaries. East of the Missouri River, people on both sides lost at least 1 person of significance.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Will Trump take his advice? No, of course not. Trump is incapable of ever admitting he's made a mistake.

Meanwhile, the Trump-pologists will continue their thinly veiled support for the racists & Nazis.

Romney Tells Trump to Apologize for Causing ‘Racists to Rejoice’

“Our allies around the world are stunned and our enemies celebrate; America’s ability to help secure a peaceful and prosperous world is diminished. And who would want to come to the aid of a country they perceive as racist if ever the need were to arise, as it did after 9/11?” Mr. Romney said. “In homes across the nation, children are asking their parents what this means. Jews, blacks, Hispanics, Muslims are as much a part of America as whites and Protestants. But today they wonder. Where might this lead? To bitterness and tears, or perhaps to anger and violence?”

Mr. Romney called for the president to apologize.

“He should address the American people, acknowledge that he was wrong, apologize,” Mr. Romney wrote. “State forcefully and unequivocally that racists are 100% to blame for the murder and violence in Charlottesville.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/u...le-romney.html

Too late

No one, not even Republicans believe anything out of Trump's mouth.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

From the CBC

Steve Bannon, innovator in weaponized news, is hoisted by his own petard: Keith Boag,CBC
    Skill in manipulating media made ex-Breitbart head the prime suspect in a leak-obsessed White House
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Bannon did a Scaramucci: spraying ***** on others on his way out.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/media/34...i-to-get-fired

Romney is an old Bush loyalist like McCain. Trump should continue to ignore his advice. If people agreed with Mitt Romney they would've elected Jeb instead of Trump.

Fear of "the other", fear of change, fear that the world is actually bigger than they can imagine. And, for Trump, the fear that people will find out he's a fraud.

'This ideology on violent far right is just as toxic as ISIS,' says former white supremacist

In the 80s and 90s, McAleer was involved in some of the most radical far-right groups in the U.S. and Canada — where he grew up — including the Aryan Nations and White Aryan Resistance.

'Deep down inside these are fearful people,' says former white supremacist Tony McAleer on 'alt-right' group. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
    He tells The Current's host Megan Williams that what feeds white supremacy is irrational fear "based on the narrative where they believe that white genocide is impending, and their ability to control their own destiny is disappearing."

"I know from having dissected my own personal history, deep down inside these are fearful people."

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/t...nding_20170818

The leftist media sure loves showering attention on tiny ragtag bands of fringe wackos supported by no one.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Nazi-KKK-alt-right "protesters" in Charlottesville. Yeah, these guys aren't looking for a fight.
    Those are not Nazi/KKK/alt-right protestors, and it's intellectually dishonest to claim they are. Those are militia members, who were supposedly there to "keep the peace" and who do not necessarily agree with the goals or views of the racists. Although, I would imagine there's a fair amount of cross pollination going on there, but it's not fair to lump them together.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...peech-violence
    So they're marching with the KKK/Nazis but they really don't believe in the same things. Meanwhile, they're also keeping the police at bay from those same KKK/Nazi protesters. If it walks like a duck,quacks like a duck.

Where were they when one of the counter protesters was run down by a car? If they were there to keep the peace, they did a pretty crappy job of it.
    How do you expect anyone to stop a speeding car in that situation? A tractor beam? But fair enough, don't let facts get in the way of your opinion. You do realize that you're pulling the same BS as MrOilers, right? Or should I say, left? Things aren't so as simple as you like to make them.

And what a week it was!
    It was an eventful week:
    - North Korea forced to stand down, diverted an attack on Guam
    - New highs in GDP, new lows in unemployement
    - New executive order on streamlining infrastructure regulation process
    - New executive order on protecting intellectual property
    - President condemns political violence from the extreme right AND the extreme left

However, all this positive news is overshadowed strongly by over dozen people senselessly killed, and 100+ more injured in extremist terrorist attacks in the USA and in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Steve Bannon checks in:

"If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents -- on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America.”

https://twitter.com/joshuagreen/stat...55709256142848
    Must be getting a golden handshake.

"going to war for Trump" Hmm I wonder if that could be interpreted as: willing to commit treason against America...
    Not likely, given that Mr Bannon, like all US media, will be protected by Obama's executive order that un-banned propaganda: https://archive.fo/o9Xun

And what a week it was!
    It was an eventful week:
    - President condemns political violence from the extreme right AND the extreme left

However, all this positive news is overshadowed strongly by over dozen people senselessly killed, and 100+ more injured in extremist terrorist attacks in the USA and in Spain.
    "attack on Guam"? I thought it was a launch of missiles near Guam.

"Both sides are the same"

‘Shouldn’t be standing out in traffic’: Charlottesville white nationalist blames Heather Heyer for her own death

“What about the woman who lost her life?” Viteri asked.

“Shouldn’t be standing out in traffic, I suppose,” Hanophy replied.

“But it was a street full of people and somebody drove right into them,” Viteri said.

“Well, there’s tons of YouTube videos,” Hanophy said. “So I suggest people check those out.”

Hanophy claimed he isn’t a neo-Nazi, but added, “I would define myself as a white nationalist, maybe.”

The organizer of the march in Charlottesville, Jason Kessler, is alleged to have sent a tweet stating Heyer’s murder was, “payback time.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/shou...her-own-death/

Yeah, "both sides are the same"

"This is from the neo-Nazi "Daily Stormer" and is their justification of the Charlottesville murder.

"She was Fat and a Drain on Society. Despite feigned outrage by the media, most people are glad she is dead, as she is the definition of uselessness. A 32-year-old woman without children is a burden on society and has no value.

Due to female privilege, and the fact that they do virtually nothing their entire lives, women live an average of 5 years longer than men. The average female lifespan is 81 years. That means for 49 more years, this fat slob would have been leeching off of men’s work.

Childless women are black hole vortexes of public money and energy.

Had she not died yesterday, hundreds of thousands of dollars would have been spent on propping-up this gross creature who had failed to do her most basic duty – her only real duty, in fact – and reproduce.
    Having no children at that age, it can be assumed that she had multiple abortions, and was thus herself a child murderer."

Nazi-KKK-alt-right "protesters" in Charlottesville. Yeah, these guys aren't looking for a fight.
    Those are not Nazi/KKK/alt-right protestors, and it's intellectually dishonest to claim they are. Those are militia members, who were supposedly there to "keep the peace" and who do not necessarily agree with the goals or views of the racists. Although, I would imagine there's a fair amount of cross pollination going on there, but it's not fair to lump them together.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...peech-violence
    So they're marching with the KKK/Nazis but they really don't believe in the same things. Meanwhile, they're also keeping the police at bay from those same KKK/Nazi protesters. If it walks like a duck,quacks like a duck.

Where were they when one of the counter protesters was run down by a car? If they were there to keep the peace, they did a pretty crappy job of it.
    How do you expect anyone to stop a speeding car in that situation? A tractor beam? But fair enough, don't let facts get in the way of your opinion. You do realize that you're pulling the same BS as MrOilers, right? Or should I say, left? Things aren't so as simple as you like to make them.
    The point is that that armed militias were not there to "keep the peace" . They were there to intimidate people. Just like this guy did in Texas the other day.

WHY IS A TEXAS MAN WHO WANTS TO KEEP CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS BEING PROTECTED BY A MILITIA?

A heavily armed Texas militia dressed in fatigues showed up at a city council meeting in San Antonio on Wednesday to guard a member of the This Is Texas Freedom Force.

Their presence is part of an increasing trend of pro-Trump politicians and other public figures using hard-right militias as private armed guards.

At the council meeting, Brandon Burkhart, vice president of the This Is Texas Freedom Force (TITFF), spoke in favor of blocking the relocation of a Confederate Army monument that stands in Travis Park, in the city’s center.

http://www.newsweek.com/why-texas-ma...militia-652102

Trump Says Sun Equally to Blame for Blocking Moon

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...-blocking-moon

And what a week it was!
    It was an eventful week:

Sort of like saying that in WWII:

- The Nazi's were snappy dressers in their Hugo Boss uniforms
    - The Nazi's sure had spectacular rallies with more people than Obama's inauguration
    - Under the Nazi's, new highs in arms production and unemployment disappeared
    - New executive orders were signed to solve the Jewish problem
    - Hitler condemns the invasion of Normandy from the Allies and the Commie Russians

However, all this positive news is overshadowed strongly by over dozen SS Officers senselessly killed, and 100+ more injured in extremist resistance fighters attacks in the Warsaw Ghetto and in Vichy France.

MrOilers, you are a Alt-Reich apologist and spin doctor in the ranks of Goebbels and Himmler.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 19-08-2017 at 03:51 PM.

‘Shouldn’t be standing out in traffic’: Charlottesville white nationalist blames Heather Heyer for her own death

“What about the woman who lost her life?” Viteri asked.

“Shouldn’t be standing out in traffic, I suppose,” Hanophy replied.

“But it was a street full of people and somebody drove right into them,” Viteri said.

“Well, there’s tons of YouTube videos,” Hanophy said. “So I suggest people check those out.”

Hanophy claimed he isn’t a neo-Nazi, but added, “I would define myself as a white nationalist, maybe.”

The organizer of the march in Charlottesville, Jason Kessler, is alleged to have sent a tweet stating Heyer’s murder was, “payback time.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/shou...her-own-death/

Probably Trump believes that the driver should get a ticket for speeding with no demerit points. The driver should pay his $50 fine and is free to go...

Heather Heyer should have to pay for the damage her body did to the car that killed her.

MrOilers, you are a Alt-Reich apologist and spin doctor in the ranks of Goebbels and Himmler.

27 ALT LEFT terrorists arrested on battery and police assault charges today in Boston.

https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews/vid...5847879801336/

Here is a peaceful alt-lefter heading to today's free speech rallies:

More virtuous alt-lefters:

They are so virtuous, they all cover their faces and identities before committing their assault crimes!

^^You are an Alt-Reich apologist and spin doctor because you keep missing the buttons of the Evidence we post, Hard Data, Rational Thought, etc. You just keep posting a dumb picture when you have nothing to defend your hate filled comments.

You are a flame baiting troll

The left-wing is so virtuous:

WOW! Look at all these white supremacist Nazis at the free speech rally in Boston. They don't seem to cover their faces in shame, either
    :

Good thing the peace-loving alt-left showed up to stop these violent alt-Reich white supremacists!
    Last edited by MrOilers; 19-08-2017 at 04:11 PM.

They have to cover their faces to protect themselves from the Alt-Reich pepper spray and acid throwing.

Yup, you ignore the other 15,000 peaceful people that were patriotic Americans who stood up against Nazis and the Alt-Reich.
    Boston crowd of anti-racists dwarfs 'free-speech' rally
    Around 15,000 decry racism and neo-Nazis, forcing 'free-speech' event attended by a few conservatives to end abruptly.

Heavily armed all white male 'free speech' Alt-Reich members. They are so virtuous, some of them cover their faces and identities before committing their assault crimes!

Thousands of unarmed that don't have their faces covered

Nazis have no refuge

Yeah, tell me the march in Chancellorsville was about the removal of a statue.
    - via Jewishjournal.com

Last edited by kkozoriz; 19-08-2017 at 04:34 PM.

How to determine which side is which in a free speech protest

One side filled with patriotic men and women of all race, color, creed, religion, and social standing unified to stop the Alt-Reich's hate filled ideas and goals.

The other side filled with angry white men unified to force their hate filled ideas and goals on the other majority.

Yeah, tell me the march in Chancellorsville was about the removal of a statue.
    - via Jewishjournal.com

And these disgusting ones

"Boston Police Chief: Our Officers Were Hit With Bottles Of Urine"

Protesters in Boston threw bottles of urine at police officers who were patrolling a demonstration against a free speech rally, the Boston police commissioner told the media Saturday.

Boston Police Commissioner William Evans held a press conference to address the media in the aftermath of a counter-protest against a conservative free speech rally."

https://archive.fo/GMrlz

Protesting free speech and assaulting police officers.

The alt-left, ladies and gentlemen.

C2E Posting Power

America needs to have a smoke and calm down.
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

The few extremists on both sides are causing a lot of problems for the great majority. Unfortunately the only person calling out and condemning ALL of the extremists responsible for this political violence is Donald Trump. The media and alt-left hilariously claims that it's racist to do that, though.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 19-08-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Apparently the counter protesters also have the ability to time travel. The picture labelled "More virtuous alt-lefters:" is also on a page from a right-wing blog from New Zealand dated march 7, 2017.

https://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2017/03/n...-place-happen/

But using old photos is old hat to the Trumpers.

Trump fans looks like chumps after promoting old RNC photo as Boston march pic

However, if you look closely, the sign behind the people in the photo says, “Welty Cleveland’s Construction Manager” from the Welty Building Company located on West 10th Street in Cleveland, Ohio, indicating that the photo was taken perhaps last summer during the Republican National Convention in Cleveland and not in Boston.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/trum...AkibA.facebook

And the mayor and chief of police disagree with the comments posted above.

Live updates from the ‘free speech’ rally and counter-protests on Boston Common

Update 5:30 p.m.:

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh and Police Commissioner William Evans seemed pleased with the day’s events and police response, as indicated by their remarks during a press conference shortly after 4:30 p.m.

Walsh thanked the people who came out to share the message of “love not hate,” as well as the emergency personnel who worked the scene.

“I think it’s clear today that Boston stood for peace and love, not bigotry and hate,” Walsh said.

As of the press conference, police had made 27 arrests, mostly for disorderly conduct but also “a couple” for assault and battery on police officers and other charges, according to Evans. He said some officers were hit with bottles of urine, and police tweeted that rocks were being thrown at officers. No serious injuries or significant property damage occurred, Evans added.

Evans didn’t attribute the bad behavior to rally-goers or counter-protesters, but rather a third group.

“Obviously I wish the troublemakers stayed away,” he said. “ … They weren’t here for either side. They were here just to cause problems.”

Evans said, “99.9 percent of people here were for the right reasons, and that’s to fight bigotry and hate.”
    https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...-boston-common

Now, granted, "disorderly conduct" isn't quite on the same level as running down people with a car but it's all those on the alt-right have to go on.
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 19-08-2017 at 05:19 PM.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

The few extremists on both sides are causing a lot of problems for the great majority. Unfortunately the only person calling out and condemning ALL of the extremists responsible for this political violence is Donald Trump. The media and alt-left hilariously claims that it's racist to do that, though.

Has Soros shown up yet, knowing how he loves discourse of any kind...('eye roll)

"There's blame on both sides"

Yair Rosenberg: Are Jews white? Just ask the white supremacists
    The debate over whether Jews are "white" is beside the point, and this weekend's events in Charlottesville illustrate why: The white supremacists have already made their decision

When white nationalists descended upon the historic Virginia city to protest the removal of a statue of Confederate general Robert E. Lee, their “Unite the Right” rally gathered a veritable who’s who of top neo-Nazis in the United States, including the former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke and alt-right leading light Richard Spencer, among others.

They immediately went after the Jews. At their Friday night rally at the University of Virginia, the white nationalists brandished torches and chanted anti-Semitic and Nazi slogans, including “blood and soil” (an English rendering of the Nazi “blut und boden”) and “Jews will not replace us” — all crafted to cast Jews as foreign interlopers who need to be expunged. The attendees proudly displayed giant swastikas and wore shirts emblazoned with quotes from Adolf Hitler. One banner read, “Jews are Satan’s children.”

“The truth is,” Duke told a large crowd Saturday, “the American media, and the American political system, and the American Federal Reserve, is dominated by a tiny minority: the Jewish Zionist cause.” Addressing another group, Richard Spencer mocked Charlottesville’s Jewish mayor, Mike Signer. “Little Mayor Signer — ‘See-ner’ — how do you pronounce this little creep’s name?” Spencer asked. The crowd responded by chanting, “Jew, Jew, Jew.” In TV interviews, attendees were not shy about their anti-Semitism.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/yair...c-f2d841daf79e

"There's blame on both sides"
    Yes there is

See, the "very fine people" that were there "to innocently protest and very legally protest" who brought mosquito repellant candles on a dark & freezing cold night.

Then you have the Alt-Left extremists that terrorized the city of Charlottesville with their threatening torch wielding mob and hate speech.

...waiting for MrOilers to push the button...

Note to MrOilers, the REAL OILERS want you to stop using their name.

...waiting for MrOilers to push the button...

We're all waiting for you to stop beating your wife.

(see how crazy you sound?)

You are swinging punches from your dark hole...

..missing every time.

Here is the greatest Austrian of all time talking about Nazism.

No, not that azzhole...

the former Governor of California.

What the news won't cover at today's Free Speech Rally in Boston:

"I want to applaud the many protestors in Boston who are speaking out against bigotry and hate. Our country will soon come together as one!"

- President Donald J Trump
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...08521726861312

Third time a charm

Where the “anti-45″ anti-Trump symbol in your feeds came from
    Meet Mike Mitchell, the man behind the new symbol of the resistance
    http://www.salon.com/2017/08/17/anti-45-symbol/
    Symbols have always been integral to political movements. Social media has perhaps made them more so (take the the clenched fist most closely associated with the Resistance, for instance).

Currently, you might have noticed a relatively new symbol in your social-media feeds, borne up by the reaction to President Donald Trump’s handling of last weekend’s deadly Charlottesville, Virginia white-supremacist rally: the number “45” rendered as swastika behind the international symbol for “no.”

Mike Mitchell, the creator of the image often forwarded by those advocating for the impeachment of Trump, designed the image in February after determining he wanted to stain the number Trump holds so dear. “I knew I wanted to take on 45, a number he was clearly proud of as he put it on his dumb red USA hat,” Mitchell told Co.Design. “I definitely wanted to try and tarnish it.”

Mitchell explained that he realized the number, when presented in a block-type font, looks eerily similar to a swastika. So, the artist moved the numbers closer together and tilted them by 45 degrees, creating a symbol that would be shared thousands of times on social media following the Charlottesville riots.

“Perhaps [the connection between Trump and Nazis] wasn’t as clear in February, but it’s clear now, which is why I think it really took off,” Mitchell said. “[The symbol] seemed fitting in February, is fitting in August.”

Mitchell shared a high resolution version of the image on his Twitter account and has allowed people to use and distribute the image for free. And now that his image has gone viral, the artist wants just one thing: “Impeach this ***** already,” he said.

Some others to remember what is at stake

I'd rather C2E than work!

They are so virtuous, they all cover their faces and identities before committing their assault crimes!

Please STOP peddling old photos pretending to be current ones.

This photo is from 2015, and was taken in ENGLAND.
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/w...t-refugees-753
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

And our resident alt-right supporter continues to post OLD photos as current ones. This one goes back to 2013, and the source of it is unknown:
    http://www.punkerslut.com/graphics-l...nknown---2.php

MrOilers, just cut this **** out. You're one that keeps claiming "FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS" yet here you are peddling fake photos.

"The alt-right, ladies and gentlemen."
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post

Please STOP peddling old photos pretending to be current ones.

This photo is from 2015, and was taken in ENGLAND.
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/w...t-refugees-753

Where did I say it was current?

And our resident alt-right supporter continues to post OLD photos as current ones. This one goes back to 2013, and the source of it is unknown:
    http://www.punkerslut.com/graphics-l...nknown---2.php

MrOilers, just cut this **** out. You're one that keeps claiming "FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS" yet here you are peddling fake photos.

"The alt-right, ladies and gentlemen."
    How is this photo fake?

They have to cover their faces to protect themselves from the Alt-Reich pepper spray and acid throwing.

Did Antifa cover their faces to protect from the Black Lives Matter pepper spray and acid throwing?

"Take your masks off!"
    - BLM rally attendees in Dallas

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Federal authorities are investigating whether sensitive data was stolen from congressional offices by several Pakistani-American tech staffers and sold to Pakistani or Russian intelligence, knowledgeable sources say.What started out 16 months ago as a scandal involving the alleged theft of computer equipment from Congress has turned into a national-security investigation involving FBI surveillance of the suspects.

“This is a massive, massive scandal,” a senior US official familiar with the widening probe told The Post.
    Alarm bells went off in April 2016 when computer security officials in the House reported “irregularities” in computer equipment purchasing. An internal investigation revealed the theft of hundreds of thousands of dollars in government property, and evidence pointed to five IT staffers and the Democratic Congress members’ offices that employed them.
    The evidence was turned over to the House inspector general, who found so much “smoke” that she recommended a criminal probe, sources say. The case was turned over to Capitol Police in October.
    When the suspected IT workers couldn’t produce the missing invoiced equipment, sources say, they were removed from working on the computer network in early February.
    The Democrats who hired the five suspects apparently did a poor job vetting them. Awan’s brother Abid had a rap sheet with multiple offenses, including a conviction for DWI a month before he was hired, and filed for bankruptcy in 2012.

Most had relatively little IT experience. Yet they hauled in a combined $4 million-plus over the past decade. One, a former McDonald’s worker, was suddenly making as much as a chief of staff.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/19/it-staf...-intelligence/
    Last edited by Hilman; Yesterday at 07:12 AM.

Vetting is an ongoing problem

Flynn, Kushner, Stone, Page and Bannon come to mind.

Trump suspects Bannon of leaking, putting job in jeopardy
    https://www.axios.com/steve-bannons-...472208484.html
    Key West Wing colleagues believe Bannon is an instigator of leaks targeting National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster. The stories have been driven by Breitbart News, where Bannon was executive chairman before joining Trump's presidential campaign as chief executive in August. On Thursday, Trump backed McMaster as "our friend."

Scaramucci:
    Bannon, Priebus ‘Probably Responsible for 60 Percent of the Leaking’ at White House

http://freebeacon.com/politics/scara...g-white-house/
    Former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci said top White House strategist Steve Bannon and former Chief of Staff Reince Priebus were responsible for "60 percent" of leaks in his estimation.

Scaramucci, who served just 10 days on the job before getting fired over his profanity-laden interview with the New Yorker, told the New York Post Tuesday that the pair worked to get rid of him from the start and "were responsible for half of the personal attacks on other colleagues in the White House."

"Priebus and Bannon were probably responsible for 60 percent of the leaking at the White House," he said. "It was a Priebus leak that the Secret Service escorted me out when I was fired. But that’s not the case. The protocol is that you are escorted out by one of the White House personnel. That was done to try to hit me and make me look like I’d done something nefarious. That’s how they operate, from the shadows."

The 99 percent

Even politicians use masks

5 Reasons for Activists to Cover Their Faces at Protests

http://www.animalliberationfront.com...sons4Masks.htm
    To those not familiar with grassroots activism, that might seem like a pretty reasonable point. Masks are generally associated with bandits, ninjas and Hamburgler, all of which are quite intimidating. So, why would someone want to cover their face at a protest?

Spying. The FBI and Joint Terrorism Task Forces routinely spy on lawful, above-ground activists. For instance, the ACLU exposed FBI agents spying on animal rights activists who were leafleting outside of HoneyBaked Hams. And corporations have been tracking who activists are dating.

Blacklists
    . Government 'watchlists' have millions of names. Recently in Maryland, it was exposed that law enforcement kept terrorist files on environmentalists, antiwar activists, and nuns.

Grand jury witch hunts
    . Vocal, public activists are routinely hauled before grand juries in political witch hunts, and forced to testify about their political beliefs and political associations. If they refuse, they face jail time.

Infiltration.
    The government has been using paid informants and provacateurs to keep tabs on lawful protest movements. The recent case of the RNC 8 is a good example, and even more disturbing is 'Anna,' the FBI informant who befriended activists and entrapped them.

Legal attacks.
    FBI agents have shown their incompetence in attempts to track down underground members of the Animal Liberation Front and Earth Liberation Front. There have been arrests, but those crimes overwhelmingly remain unsolved. Instead, law enforcement has been cracking down on the public faces of those movements and labeling them 'eco-terrorists.' A good example of that is the SHAC 7 case.

In this political climate, many activists have told me they face a difficult decision. If they take to the streets and protest on a controversial campaign (especially a campaign that has involved both legal and illegal tactics), they risk this surveillance, harassment and intimidation.

If they don't take to the streets, they are compromising their beliefs and remaining silent about the things that matter.

For many, a solution has been to continue protesting on these campaigns, but with masks covering their faces. It clearly isn't always the best solution. It can alienate and isolate everyday people who might otherwise be open to the message of the protest.

It clearly infuriates the feds that activists want to protect their identities while continuing to advocate for what they believe. A Joint Terrorism Task Force has even gone so far as to arrest an animal rights activist on felony charges for wearing a mask at a protest.

It would be a mistake, though, to blindly buy the FBI rhetoric. Wearing a mask may or may not best campaign decision for activists. But wearing a mask doesn't mean activists are guilty, or that they are 'terrorists.' For many activists, it simply means they don't trust FBI agents and corporations. The developments of the last few days have shown they have good reason to feel that way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-mask_laws

Meanwhile the police regularly have masks, often to conceal their identity. Such as at the G8/G20 summits in Canada where police officers even removed their badges and ID tags

G20 summit: Cop unmasked as protest couple file suit
    Oliver Simpson used ‘disproportionate’ force against Nikos Kapetaneas, says report. Officer was also named in the Adam Nobody case.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...file_suit.html
    It was an image that came to represent just about everything that went wrong with policing during the G20 Summit. One badgeless officer, face covered with a gas mask and visor, apparently kicking a protester in the back at Queen’s Park.

Nearly two years later, Nikos Kapetaneas, the 25-year-old environmentalist pictured in the photograph, body tense and face wincing, finally has the name of the officer: Const. Oliver Simpson — also implicated in the high-profile Adam Nobody case.

Caitlin Morgan claims she was next to her partner Kapetaneas when she was kicked forcefully in the side by the same cop on the Saturday of the June 2010 summit. The couple is suing the Toronto Police Services Board (who employs Toronto Police officers) for negligence, assault and battery, and intimidation. The two separate lawsuits, filed last week in small claims court, seek $25,000 each in damages.

Note: like photos from different times and places, there seems to be a mix of Canadian and American material above, also from different times and places. Good to see when they are clearly differentiated.

(As for "The 99 percent" below a photo, well... is that Boston?)

What did Harper have to say on the Canadian face covering issue?
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 08:55 AM.

He contradicted himself...

Where did I say it was current?
    Nice try, MrBackPeddler. The version with the big yellow arrow was being peddled by alt-right supporters as having taken place in Boston yesterday, along with the "kill cops" photo. You posted it here to show how evil the alt-left supporters were in Boston; you got called out and now you're back-peddling.

If you're trying to make a point, don't post incorrect images to try to prove that point.

Note: like photos from different times and places, there seems to be a mix of Canadian and American material above, also from different times and places. Good to see when they are clearly differentiated.

(As for "The 99 percent" below a photo, well... is that Boston?)

Don't be obtuse

It was completely obvious that I was referring to the broad issue of masking and even listed sourced information why protesters use masks and juxtaposed example of politician and the authorities use masks as well. I stated that such examples were from the 99 percent protests and G-8/G-20 Summit with reference to the news article and the DEA agents was just another example of face masking.

This is not the comparable to MrBackPeddler who posted photos with no text, no reference or source that inferred that they were from the Boston protests. I still do not know where he got the image of protesters with the big yellow arrow. What date and event was that from?

I still do not know where he got the image of protesters [/COLOR]with the big yellow arrow. What date and event was that from?
    It was taken in Dover, England in 2015 (https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/w...t-refugees-753). He got the photo he posted (with the arrow) from one of the alt-right sites, or social media supporters, who were peddling it as being from Boston this weekend.

In Boston, the police were more in control than Charlottesville where both sides were allowed to bring weapons and shield etc.

I don't know why the the Charlottesville police did not enforce the rules of the two permits and strip all weapons or force those who did not comply to the rules and laws, away. It was apparent that the Charlottesville police were intimidated by the expressed threats of the Alt-Reich and did not do their duty to protect the public.

In Boston the police took a proactive approach and ensured that the event was very peaceful.

I have seen no overt images of violence with weapons at the Boston protests.

You posted it here to show how evil the alt-left supporters were in Boston; you got called out and now you're back-peddling.
    Please show everyone where I said those alt-lefters were from Boston.

But you are saying that images of alt-left protesters have to be from Boston, otherwise they don't count?

Give it up, MrBackPeddler. No one is buying your BS here. You implied the photos were from Boston, linking them to a report that 27 people were arrested. There's absolutely no reason to post a photo from England taken in 2015 to this discussion. None. Now that you were caught posting the photos, you're trying to spin it. Spin, spin, spin.

Go ahead a post photos that are old, and from other countries if you feel they apply to the discussion at hand, but label them appropriately. I realize you won't actually do that, since you run an even greater risk of being called out when your (unreliable) sources turn out to be wrong.

For the record, the photo of the dude with an axe in his hand is from Durham, NC. That's messed up. Not sure what the axe-carrying laws are in NC, but that's not something I'd want to see on the streets here.
    Last edited by Gord Lacey; Yesterday at 12:11 PM.

You implied the photos were from Boston

"Although you never actually said that, I am going to interpret it however I want!"

Great point.
    Last edited by MrOilers; Yesterday at 12:42 PM.

'The Communist Origins of the Antifa Extremist Group

The organization was initially part of the Soviet Union’s front operations to bring about communist dictatorship in Germany, and it worked to label all rival forms of government as “fascist.”

The Soviet Union was among the world’s most violent dictatorships, killing an estimated 20 million people, according to “The Black Book of Communism,” published by Harvard University Press. The Soviet regime is second only to the Chinese Communist Party under Mao Zedong, which killed an estimated 65 million people.'

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2282...tremist-group/

When the Nazis and KKK and racists are proud of you, you'd doing it wrong.

White supremacists and neo-Nazis: 'We need to have Donald Trump's back'

White supremacists and neo-Nazi groups enthusiastically embraced President Donald Trump on Wednesday, seeing an endorsement of their cause in his insistence that left-wing groups were also to blame for the deadly violence at a "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

"This man is doing absolutely everything in his power to back us up and we need to have his back," Andrew Anglin wrote on the DailyStormer, a neo-Nazi, anti-Semitic website that acts as a hub of the extreme right.

"It's going to be really, really hard to have any bad feelings towards Trump for a long, long time after this," he said.

Richard Spencer, the white nationalist organiser of the "Unite the Right" rally, hailed Trump's statement as "fair and down to earth."

"Trump cares about the truth," said Spencer, who added he was "proud of" the president.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...d-trumps-back/

You implied the photos were from Boston

"Although you never actually said that, I am going to interpret it however I want!"

Great point.
    Which is why you should post WHERE it came from, so, you know, things can't be taken in ways that you didn't mean (which you totally meant, but back-peddled when you were called out). Wasn't there a thread started by the admin on properly attributing photos used here? You should probably read that, then follow through, though you won't, because the true source of the photos will be discovered and you'll look like a fool again.

Found it for you:
    http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...ting-of-Photos

If you post a photo that is not your own, you MUST indicate copyright. Even if it is a link back to the source page where you received the image, if it is not yours, you do NOT own it.
    It's a good reminder to others in the thread as well, as both sides are to blame for not attributing photos, it's just MrBackPeddler who has brought the issue to light by posting random photos from alt-right sources who don't represent where they actually came from. Thank you, MrBackPeddler.
    Last edited by Gord Lacey; Yesterday at 01:23 PM.

Pizzagate promoter Mike Cernovich is making a very odd claim today on Twitter:

From his verified Twitter account:

Mike Cernovich Verified account
    @Cernovich

Mike Cernovich Retweeted Mike Cernovich
    I'm told some Trump supporters will be wearing ANTIFA attire and going undercover during Trump Phoenix rally.

https://twitter.com/cernovich/status/899044132999487488

A little background on him, seeing as not everyone would be as familiar with him and his crazy conspiracy theories as some that support him, such as MrOilers and others.

Cernovich helped popularize the debunked Pizzagate conspiracy theory[20] through his blog posts and believes that child sex rings run rampant in Washington D.C. He has accused his opponents of being pedophiles on multiple occasions,[21] and in a YouTube video maintained that most people employed by the news media and "every A-list actor" in Hollywood were also pedophiles.[8]

Cernovich has accused the Democratic Party of attempting to assassinate him.[23] In 2016, Cernovich criticized Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for speaking at a gender-segregated mosque.[24][25] In August 2012 Cernovich wrote that date rape "does not exist".[16]

In April 2017 Cernovich promoted the conspiracy theory that the Khan Shaykhun chemical attack in Syria was a hoax funded by an American financier.[27]

Cernovich has said he believes in the white genocide conspiracy theory and that he joined the alt-right after realizing that "tolerance only went one way and diversity is code for white genocide".[28]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Cernovich
    Last edited by kkozoriz; Yesterday at 02:07 PM.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I don't know why the the Charlottesville police did not enforce the rules of the two permits and strip all weapons or force those who did not comply to the rules and laws, away. It was apparent that the Charlottesville police were intimidated by the expressed threats of the Alt-Reich and did not do their duty to protect the public.
    Virginia Governor McAuliffe said that the police were outgunned by the militias:

“You saw the militia walking down the street, you would have thought they were an army ... I was just talking to the State Police upstairs; [the militia members] had better equipment than our State Police had,”
    The rabbi at a local synagogue recounted how he saw marchers brandishing swastikas bearing assault rifles marching past his location. The symbolism of such a sight cannot be lost. So what is this nonsense about the march being about historical monuments. If anything it is about repeating history.

Business Insider
    Last edited by norwoodguy; Yesterday at 03:11 PM. Reason: typo
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Make America Great Again

And Bannon's wasting no time in going after those people that disagree with him.

The war begins: Breitbart.com attacks McMaster as ‘Koran-kissing’ terrorist sympathizer

Alt-right hub Breitbart.com stepped up its ongoing war with White House National Security Adviser H. R. McMaster on Sunday, accusing him of being soft on Islamic terrorists because the lieutenant general endorsed a book about Islamic cultural respect.

The Hill said on Sunday that the broadside against McMaster stems from his support of a training manual for military personnel regarding Muslim customs around treatment of the faith’s holy book, the Koran.

The book serves as a guide to how “not to inflame religious tensions with Muslim populations in countries where American troops are deployed,” the Hill said.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/the-...t-sympathizer/

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodguy View Post
    Virginia Governor McAuliffe said that the police were outgunned by the militias:

“You saw the militia walking down the street, you would have thought they were an army ... I was just talking to the State Police upstairs; [the militia members] had better equipment than our State Police had,”
    The rabbi at a local synagogue recounted how he saw marchers brandishing swastikas bearing assault rifles marching past his location. The symbolism of such a sight cannot be lost. So what is this nonsense about the march being about historical monuments. If anything it is about repeating history.

Business Insider
    Yup

http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.806571

Not what the Founders had in mind

(JOSHUA ROBERTS/REUTERS)
    http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/c...icle-1.3416831
    Armed private militias like Charlottesville's offend the Founding Fathers' intent: This is not what the Second Amendment is about

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/whit...hat-to-expect/

A white supremacist wearing a World War II German helmet arrives at a rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, U.S., August 12, 2017. JOSHUA ROBERTS/REUTERS
    read more: http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.806571

These are the most un American people going. No doubt that most had military training and then they turn on American values. The the military should cut their pensions, and benefits.

Business Insider
    Yup

[FONT="] [/FONT](JOSHUA ROBERTS/REUTERS)
    Armed private militias like Charlottesville's offend the Founding Fathers' intent: This is not what the Second Amendment is about

A white supremacist wearing a World War II German helmet arrives at a rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, U.S., August 12, 2017. JOSHUA ROBERTS/REUTERS

These are the most un American people going. No doubt that most had military training and then they turn on American values. The the military should cut their pensions, and benefits.
    Wow! Cut their pensions! They may have repulsive, retrograde beliefs but as long as they are legally/constitutionally allowed to carry those guns and wear costumes as part of their freedoms of speech or expression or whatever (and they did this whole performance according to the law/permits then why would you think that any rightfully earned pensions and benefits be reneged on because you deem them to have "un-American" beliefs? Sounds like anti-Communist history repeating where people also faced such attitudes.

Canadian values, American values... in my view is just something someone "at the top" or though some other coercive means, with their own vested interests and beliefs, decides to impose on everyone else. Just like these white supremi-cysts, the right-wing, Trump, Bannon, et al all hope to do regarding their own beliefs about American values.

In fact, I find it rather scary that whether it's people with so called "right wing" or so called "left wing" beliefs will quickly seek to justify such seizure of their ideological enemy's possessions, freedoms, etc.

I also find it scary that protests can legally be conducted with anyone, including police, wearing masks and disguises while carrying potential weapons.
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 06:08 PM.

The presumed 'innocence' of white terrorism

From January 2008 to the end of 2016, we identified 63 cases of Islamist domestic terrorism, meaning incidents motivated by a theocratic political ideology espoused by such groups as the Islamic State. The vast majority of these (76 percent) were foiled plots, meaning no attack took place.

During the same period, we found that right-wing extremists were behind nearly twice as many incidents: 115. Just over a third of these incidents (35 percent) were foiled plots. The majority were acts of terrorist violence that involved deaths, injuries or damaged property.

Right-wing extremist terrorism was more often deadly: Nearly a third of incidents involved fatalities, for a total of 79 deaths, while 13 percent of Islamist cases caused fatalities. (The total deaths associated with Islamist incidents were higher, however, reaching 90, largely due to the 2009 mass shooting at Fort Hood in Texas.)

Incidents related to left-wing ideologies, including ecoterrorism and animal rights, were comparatively rare, with 19 incidents causing seven fatalities – making the shooting attack on Republican members of Congress earlier this month somewhat of an anomaly.

Nearly half (48 percent) of Islamist incidents in our database were sting operations, more than four times the rate for far-right (12 percent) or far-left (10.5 percent) incidents.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...rism#read-more

But here is the response to your facts by the Alt-Reich.

Business Insider
    Yup

Wow! Cut their pensions! They may have repulsive, retrograde beliefs but as long as they are legally/constitutionally allowed to carry those guns and wear costumes as part of their freedoms of speech or expression or whatever (and they did this whole performance according to the law/permits then why would you think that any rightfully earned pensions and benefits be reneged on because you deem them to have "un-American" beliefs? Sounds like anti-Communist history repeating where people also faced such attitudes.

Canadian values, American values... in my view is just something someone at the top of though other coercive means, with their own vested interests and beliefs, decides to impose on everyone else. Just like these white supremi-cysts, the right-wing, Trump, Bannon, et al all hope to do regarding their own beliefs about American values.
    I am a law abiding centrist, humanist and a Christian . I am anti-communist, anti-fascist and anti-extremist.

Love trumps hate!

A simply suggestion for replacing all the Confederate statues

Appropriate

'The scars of the Nation require time, care and tenderness to heal'

It's impressive that such a tiny minority of peaceful Muslims in the USA can cause so many terrorist incidents!

Business Insider
    Yup

Canadian values, American values... in my view is just something someone at the top of though other coercive means, with their own vested interests and beliefs, decides to impose on everyone else. Just like these white supremi-cysts, the right-wing, Trump, Bannon, et al all hope to do regarding their own beliefs about American values.
    I am a law abiding centrist, humanist and a Christian . I am anti-communist, anti-fascist and anti-extremist.

Love trumps hate!
    But willing to screw over those that, for whatever reason, you find reprehensible?

Virginia isan open-carry state. Those people were obeying the law. There was no gunfire reported at last weekends mass brawl between neo-Nazis and neo-Marxists.

I realize it's difficult for the liberal mind to process, but just because the sight of guns makes you scared, it doesn't make law-abiding gun owners bad guys.

Nazis: America Taught Them Racism in Laws | Time.com

http://time.com/4703586/nazis-america-race-law/

Virginia isan open-carry state. Those people were obeying the law. There was no gunfire reported at last weekends mass brawl between neo-Nazis and neo-Marxists.

I realize it's difficult for the liberal mind to process, but just because the sight of guns makes you scared, it doesn't make law-abiding gun owners bad guys.
    However, considering the gun violence and other problems in the US, one has to wonder whether a lot of law abiding gun owners, should actually be allowed to have guns.

Well, I suppose if you use your gun for a crime you aren't really "law-abiding" anymore.

However, considering the gun violence and other problems in the US, one has to wonder whether a lot of law abiding gun owners, should actually be allowed to have guns.
    Everything the Nazis did in Germany was totally legal too.

It's impressive that such a tiny minority of peaceful Muslims in the USA can cause so many terrorist incidents!
    Interesting point, maybe valid if "peaceful" was dropped but nonsensical as is. Attempt at sarcasm noted.

Now explain the roughly 4 times multiple for the 'peaceful' right over the 'peaceful' left ("Acts") when population wise it's around 50/50. Then more like 6-7 times greater attempts at violence (when incl. "Foiled") of right over left. When it's the right that supposedly wants tough on crime legislation, more "freedom" and liberty (well maybe not for all but for themselves), less government in their lives, etc.

However, I also have to point out the time period in the chart and then question the value of these stats - for obvious reasons.

Source: https://cairnsnews.files.wordpress.c...pg?w=604&h=397

More here:
    Left-wing v. right-wing violence

Left-wing v. right-wing violence

A page about "left-wing" terror and violence versus "right-wing" terror and violence in the West.
    I hope we can agree on the following:

Right-wing terror exists.
    Left-wing terror exists.
    Islamic terror exists.
    Organised groups carry out attacks with logistical support and widespread applause.
    Loners carry out attacks with no support and no applause and no allies.
    Mentally ill people carry out attacks that look like terror.
    And I hope we can agree:
    It is wrong to blame right-wing peaceful democrats for right-wing terror.
    It is wrong to blame left-wing peaceful democrats for left-wing terror.
    It is wrong to blame peaceful anti-extremist Muslims for Islamic terror.

http://markhumphrys.com/left.right.violence.html
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 09:45 PM.

Everything the Nazis did in Germany was totally legal too.
    Yes, evil people can make and enforce evil laws - or enable a jurisdiction to ignore good laws.

Meanwhile something like 100 million people were killed in military actions in the 20th Century and another 100 million from evil despot regimes.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910