Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 1,601 to 1,659 of 1659

Thread: Trump - misc

Anti-abortion U.S. congressman resigning after reports of affair
    Republican Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania, an anti-abortion lawmaker who allegedly urged his mistress to have an abortion when he thought she was pregnant, is resigning from Congress.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/new...ticle36504405/

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

First job losses in 7 years.

Somehow Obama is to blame, right?

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Impossible! Trump is all about creating jobs! FAKE NEWS, Obama to blame!

No doubt there will be silence from MrOilers on this new stat.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

I wonder if the record-strength hurricanes in Texas and Florida had anything to do with the job losses?

You mean that during the past 7 years there were no hurricanes?

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    I wonder if the record-strength hurricanes in Texas and Florida had anything to do with the job losses?
    if anything, that might provide more jobs with the recovery and restoration efforts that will be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    None of them were the largest natural disaster in US history like Harvey was.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

None of them were the largest natural disaster in US history like Harvey was.
    the trouble with words like largest is how they are impossible to use accurately. it might be the most costly financially but others have had larger diameters while some have had higher wind speeds. still others have had higher storm surges while yet others have had much higher loss of life... https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn....rnd/index.html
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

and hurricane Nate expected to hit New Orleans...today

Push back from Clooney:

George Clooney just slammed President Trump in a very NSFW fashion - Salon.com

The actor wasn't having it:
    Here’s the thing: I grew up in Kentucky. I sold insurance door-to-door. I sold ladies’ shoes. I worked at an all-night liquor store. I would buy suits that were too big and too long and cut the bottom of the pants off to make ties so I’d have a tie to go on job interviews. I grew up understanding what it was like to not have health insurance for eight years. So this idea that I’m somehow the “Hollywood elite” and this guy who takes a **** in a gold toilet is somehow the man of the people is laughable.
    Fair. He continued about the notion of Hollywood elitism and exceptionalism saying, "People in Hollywood, for the most part, are people from the Midwest who moved to Hollywood to have a career. So this idea of 'coastal elites' living in a bubble is ridiculous."
    This, in turn, curved back to statements about our highly branded commander in chief, of course. "Who lives in a bigger bubble?" he said. "[Trump] lives in a gold tower and has twelve people in his company." Of course, the president would ...

"He doesn’t run a corporation of hundreds of thousands of people he employs and takes care of," the actor said. "He ran a company of twelve people!" He then compared Trump's past business ventures with his own work as a director. "When you direct a film ...”
    Clooney wrapped it all up with an F-bomb. "I just look at it and... Donald Trump has a star on Hollywood Boulevard! **** you!"

https://www.salon.com/2017/09/26/geo...-donald-trump/

This

Donald Trump has challenged his secretary of state to “compare IQ tests” – if Rex Tillerson did call the president a “*****”, as reported. Trump told Forbes magazine: “I think it’s fake news. But if he did [say] that, I guess we’ll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win.”

The president spoke to the magazine on Friday and the interview was published online on Tuesday.

Trump’s tense relationship with Tillerson burst into public view last week. An NBC story claimed Mike Pence, the vice-president, had to talk Tillerson out of resigning this summer, and that Tillerson had called Trump a “*****”. Some reports said he called the president “a ******* *****”.

An editor for the New York Times has been caught on camera admitting that they play politics and are biased against Donald Trump.

https://secure.anedot.com/project-ve...135678a6d4ae93

How much more proof do some people need before they realize that the "news" is biased as hell when it comes to political topics?

How much more proof do some people need before they realize that the "news" is biased as hell when it comes to political topics?
    Says the guy posting a fundraising link for a discredited right-wing group founded by a guy who's paid a 6-figure settlement for as part of a court case based upon his misrepresentation of facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O%27Keefe
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Says the guy posting a fundraising link for a discredited right-wing group founded by a guy who's paid a 6-figure settlement for as part of a court case based upon his misrepresentation of facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O%27Keefe
    What are you claiming here, that they drugged the Times editor into lying on camera? We all know the NYT and CNN make up news to play to their left wing / liberal elite audiences, well, everyone except you it seems.

Typical response from the left - completely ignore the facts, then attack the character of the person exposing the facts.

I don't care if the investigative journalist is a convicted felon or a candidate for sainthood. Nobody is defending him. But the video evidence he presents is indefensible.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 10-10-2017 at 10:07 AM.

RIGHT BIAS
    These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.
    Factual Reporting: MIXED
    Notes: Project Veritas was created by James Edward O’Keefe III who is an American conservative political activist. He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters, some selectively edited to imply its subjects said things they did not, with figures and workers in academic, governmental and social service organizations, purporting to show abusive or allegedly illegal behavior by employees and/or representatives of those organizations. Project Veritas primarily targets liberals and liberal organizations. O’Keefe’s videos are edited in a way that makes them difficult to fact check. Often his information is debunked, but it is too late as the information has already been watched by thousands or more. See RationalWiki for more on James O’Keefe. (11/16/2016) Updated (4/26/2017)
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/project-veritas/

You conservatives will hitch your wagon to just about anyone, provided they say what you want them to say.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

The things that the New York Times Editor is caught saying on camera in that video is very damning.

What on earth makes "mediabiasfactcheck.com" some kind of authority?

You conservatives will hitch your wagon to just about anyone, provided they say what you want them to say.
    So you are claiming a NYT's editor on camera is "anyone"? You need to learn a little bit about the difference between a factual source (e.g. somebody saying something on camera about how they manipulate the media / newspaper), versus who is reporting it. Those of us with more experience than you in understanding the world go to the source - seems you aren't quite ready that yet, when the source offends your sensibilities / world view, you dismiss it based on who is reporting the source. Its a bit sad, but in time you will learn not to trust the propaganda, but instead, look at what people are actually doing and saying what they are doing.

http://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/pre...orn_report.pdf

Report from the Attorney General of California detailing the misleading edits & other manipulations James O'Keefe did in regards to the discredited ACORN videos.

James O'Keefe & any project he's intimately involved with is simply not a reliable, unbiased or neutral source & should be handled with a giant grain of salt & healthy dose of skepticism.

(But that might be too much to ask of the C2E conservative contingent)

Even though he's only in charge of the video portions of the NY Times (and not the paper), they should let him go.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Report from the Attorney General of California detailing the misleading edits & other manipulations James O'Keefe did in regards to the discredited ACORN videos.

James O'Keefe & any project he's intimately involved with is simply not a reliable, unbiased or neutral source & should be handled with a giant grain of salt & healthy dose of skepticism.

You are blah blah blah-ing.

Just watch the video. Watch and listen to everything the NYT employee says when he doesn't know he is being recorded on camera, then try to defend it. You just can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    Even though he's only in charge of the video portions of the NY Times (and not the paper), they should let him go.
    I think its dangerous ground to fire someone for telling the truth about their job in a private conversation. I don't think the NYTimes needs to be shy about their left wing / fake news agenda - its perfectly natural for them as a newspaper - its what their gullible/naive (e.g. *******) audience expect.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Anyone wanting to know more about the slimy underhanded tactics of the Project Veritas group should watch the entire 14 minute episode Mr. Oilers provided a link to in #1612 above. My only regret is watching it on my lunch break b/c I now have a strong need to take a shower to wipe away the slime.

The video shows a female with a hidden camera baiting a low level New York Times staffer into saying stupid stuff about not being objective and untrue stuff like James Comey being his godfather.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    I think its dangerous ground to fire someone for telling the truth about their job in a private conversation. I don't think the NYTimes needs to be shy about their left wing / fake news agenda - its perfectly natural for them as a newspaper - its what their gullible/naive (e.g. *******) audience expect.
    is that an invitation for the rest of us to post our opinions of personal adjectives applicable to you?

Just watch the video. Watch and listen to everything the NYT employee says when he doesn't know he is being recorded on camera, then try to defend it. You just can't.
    Isn't it illegal to record without the person's knowledge?

Why was that video so heavily edited? A rhetorical question, given PV's history.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

Same reason every investigative journalism video is heavily edited - because nobody is going to sit through multiple hours of secret camera footage where people aren't saying/doing anything.

what was caught on camera is damning in itself. If you want to imagine you live in a fantasy world where the footage is all made up, you are free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    My only regret is watching it on my lunch break b/c I now have a strong need to take a shower to wipe away the slime.
    HAHAHAHA. Wow. What a snowflake thing to say!

The New York Times responded publicly to this video, saying there is a violation of their ethical standards and are reviewing the situation.

https://archive.fo/pKQk9

Isn't it illegal to record without the person's knowledge?
    No, I don't believe there is. Also, different States have different laws when it applies to phone conversations (obviously this wasn't a phone conversation, I'm just bringing it up), and I believe in New York only one side needs to know the call is being recorded (also, doesn't apply to law enforcement). In Canada only one side needs to know the call is being recorded as well.

The New York Times responded publicly to this video, saying there is a violation of their ethical standards and are reviewing the situation.

https://archive.fo/pKQk9
    Back when I was a pup there was a popular saying about 'setting the honey trap.' The saying seems to have fallen into disuse due to its mildly sexist overtones. But it remains apropos in this case. If you watch the video the female antagonist sets the honey trap, and the unfortunate Mr. Didich falls right in. It would be unfortunate were it to be at the expense of his job.

C2E Continued Contributor

To counter Noodle about conservatives hitching their wagon to just about anything remember his https://mediabiasfactcheck.com rates virtually the entire mainstream media as center/left.
    I looked at how they rate major news-sites and other than Fox every single source was center-left.
    Every single one.

Apologies for the profanity, but I feel that this quote should be left intact, to show the kind of morally reprehensible subhuman individual conservatives have hitched their wagon to.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Apologies for the profanity, but I feel that this quote should be left intact, to show the kind of morally reprehensible subhuman individual conservatives have hitched their wagon to.
    yes, that "morally reprehensible subhuman" was elected president of the united states. but, for what it's worth, he represents all individual conservatives here in canada to about the same extent that individual members of the left here in canada hitched their wagon to vladimir putin.

Some conservatives are faithful family men by going to Church on Sunday and on Monday throwing poor people on the streets for being a week late in their rent, taking exorbitant salaries and screwing their secretary at lunch. Then pray for forgiveness at night. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Some conservatives are faithful family men by going to Church on Sunday and on Monday throwing poor people on the streets for being a week late in their rent, taking exorbitant salaries and screwing their secretary at lunch. Then pray for forgiveness at night. Rinse, lather, repeat.
    and some liberals are [insert the apocryphal anecdote of your choosing here]. rinse, lather, repeat.

so what?

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    and some liberals are [insert the apocryphal anecdote of your choosing here]. rinse, lather, repeat.

so what?
    Some conservatives are liberals at home, and some liberals are conservatives at home.

PRT, being a week late on rent is not grounds for eviction. What is exorbitant is relative, and if the secretary is willing and there's a liberal hag at home, who can blame him?
    As long as he lathers and rinses afterwards.
    After all, right and wrong are just concepts. (according to many progressives anyway)

While I'm loathe to post on this subject, I found a worthy panel discussion which may have some pertinence. Veteran journalist Leslie Stahl makes a very interesting comment about the differences between Republican and Democrat approaches to the business of journalism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kte36IHEan8

So the day after the NYT downplays the importance and influence of the New York Times video editor (Nick Dudich) featured in that undercover video yesterday, another undercover video is posted today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0c1Bph1jrQ

The video shows:
    - Dudich admitting that he specifically manipulates video contents' placement to affect viewership, intentionally burying negative stories about things like Facebook censoring right-wing news, while letting his friends working at YouTube to put anti-Trump stories at the top.
    - YouTube insiders admitting they know Dudich and say he knows how to manipulate the YouTube algorithms.
    - Dudich admitting he completely buried the lead about a negative Facebook video (story of how Facebook algorithms are manipulated to push certain agendas to the top), and put the video in a place where it would be largely missed by YouTube viewers
    - He admitting he has been hiding the fact that he has friends who curate the front page of YouTube so that he can make himself seem better at his job at the NYTimes than he is.

It's interesting to know that YouTube has been hiding the fact that its been curating front page content by hand, and circumvent their own algorithms to suppress things they don't want up front, such as pro-Trump videos or negative videos about Comey.

So YouTube and Facebook have been actively curating what they consider "real" or not (basically secretly supporting mainstream news outlets), and that determines what people see when they visit these sites.

It's disgusting how these companies are all secretly biased like this.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 11-10-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Everybody knows how you "manipulate" facebook placement. I was first spammed with ads for service to "manipulate" google search placement probably over a decade ago. And everybody knows that Youtube and facebook have real people curating front pages after actual fake news (not what trump calls "fake news") made it to the top of the front page a few times.

I don't know why you think it would be shocking that a media outlet would edit their media to increase viewership.
    There can only be one.

Not sure what people are all worked up about. Just about every mainstream media outlet I can think of has a bias, which has only served to legitimize social media as a source for news, real or fake.

NYT anti-Trump? Ya think! Fox New pro-Trump? Ya think?

Toronto Star hates Conservatives, National Post loves em. And on, and on ....
    ... gobsmacked

He's also their video guy - I can't say I've ever watched a NYTimes video before, just read articles.

“I Hate Everyone in the White House!”: Trump Seethes as Advisers Fear the President Is “Unraveling”

At first it sounded like hyperbole, the escalation of a Twitter war. But now it’s clear that Bob Corker’s remarkable New York Times interview—in which the Republican senator described the White House as “adult day care” and warned Trump could start World War III—was an inflection point in the Trump presidency. It brought into the open what several people close to the president have recently told me in private: that Trump is “unstable,” “losing a step,” and “unraveling.”

The conversation among some of the president’s longtime confidantes, along with the character of some of the leaks emerging from the White House has shifted. There’s a new level of concern. NBC News published a report that Trump shocked his national security team when he called for a nearly tenfold increase in the country’s nuclear arsenal during a briefing this summer. One Trump adviser confirmed to me it was after this meeting disbanded that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called Trump a “*****.”

In recent days, I spoke with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods. Trump’s ire is being fueled by his stalled legislative agenda and, to a surprising degree, by his decision last month to back the losing candidate Luther Strange in the Alabama Republican primary. “Alabama was a huge blow to his psyche,” a person close to Trump said. “He saw the cult of personality was broken.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...house-advisers
    Sounds like a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
    Not sure what people are all worked up about. Just about every mainstream media outlet I can think of has a bias, which has only served to legitimize social media as a source for news, real or fake.
    It's because they lie straight to our faces by claiming to be objective, then publishing biased articles.

I hate being blatantly lied to.

At least Trump isn't taxing the perks that the working poor get, phew!

Quote Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
    It's because they lie straight to our faces by claiming to be objective, then publishing biased articles.

That last line is pure gold.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Umm... yet you support Trump? Were you not paying attention from what... day 1, or day 2 when the Trump administration talked about how they had the biggest crowds ever, yet they didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    They aren't "middle class" so they don't matter to liberals.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Yeah, right that's why he proposes raising their current tax rate from 10% to 12% while cutting the top bracket.

Trump businesses reportedly benefit from deregulatory actions

President Trump could stand to personally profit from the regulations he’s rolling back, according to a new report Wednesday.

Among those actions is the Environmental Protection Agency’s proposal to repeal the Waters of the U.S. rule, which gives the agency the authority to prevent pollution in fresh water wetlands and streams.

Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) and Rick Claypool, a research director in the president's office of the nonprofit Public Citizens, detailed six deregulatory actions Trump could financially benefit from given his refusal to fully divest from his business empire.

“In several instances, Trump’s financial interests are directly at odds with protecting the public it is his administration’s duty to serve,” Cicilline and Claypool wrote in the report.

Cicilline and Claypool charge that Trump’s multitude of property development projects, which include 12 Trump-branded golf courses in the U.S., would have likely experienced an increase in compliance costs associated with acquiring permits and limiting their use of pesticides.

http://thehill.com/regulation/354931...latory-actions
    Dude is determined to make money left and right from his presidency. Disgusting. No doubt some of the posters here will find a way to defend the actions.

McCain scolds Trump for missing Russian sanctions deadline

Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Ben Cardin (D-Md.) slammed the Trump administration on Wednesday for missing a key deadline in implementing sanctions against Russia.

“The delay calls into question the Trump administration’s commitment to the sanctions bill which was signed into law more than two months ago, following months of public debate and negotiations in Congress. They’ve had plenty of time to get their act together," the pair said in a joint statement on Wednesday.

By Oct. 1, the McCain and Cardin-penned sanctions bill required the administration clarify which targets would be identified and punished as part of Russia's defense and intelligence sectors. The administration has not yet done so.

The bill had been intended to force President Trump into punishing Russia for its tampering in the 2016 presidential election, with legislators fearing that the president would be overly lenient.

McCain and Cardin sent a letter to Trump reminding him of the deadline on Sept. 29.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecur...tions-deadline
    You may recall that the Senate passed this 98-2, and went through the House 419-3. Why wouldn't Trump sign this when there is OVERWHELMING support from both parties...? What reason could Trump possibly have NOT to sign this into law?

Because mrOilers told Trump not to.

All fake news. The Russians are America's best friend's forever....
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 11-10-2017 at 09:49 PM.

McCain scolds Trump for missing Russian sanctions deadline

Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Ben Cardin (D-Md.) slammed the Trump administration on Wednesday for missing a key deadline in implementing sanctions against Russia.

“The delay calls into question the Trump administration’s commitment to the sanctions bill which was signed into law more than two months ago, following months of public debate and negotiations in Congress. They’ve had plenty of time to get their act together," the pair said in a joint statement on Wednesday.

By Oct. 1, the McCain and Cardin-penned sanctions bill required the administration clarify which targets would be identified and punished as part of Russia's defense and intelligence sectors. The administration has not yet done so.

The bill had been intended to force President Trump into punishing Russia for its tampering in the 2016 presidential election, with legislators fearing that the president would be overly lenient.

McCain and Cardin sent a letter to Trump reminding him of the deadline on Sept. 29.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecur...tions-deadline
    You may recall that the Senate passed this 98-2, and went through the House 419-3. Why wouldn't Trump sign this when there is OVERWHELMING support from both parties...? What reason could Trump possibly have NOT to sign this into law?

Trump already signed it into law way back in August. However, he did state at the time that he would ignore some of the provisions in the bill that the White House thought were unconstitutional.

In other words, no matter how upset McCain's brain tumor may be about this, Trump did his job and continues to do exactly what he said he would.

Donald Trump's 2020 re-election campaign is already off to a great start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP81Je7APoQ&app=desktop

(if you don't want to watch the whole 4 minute video but want to get the "feel" for the whole thing, skip to 3:50)

He just said he hopes Hillary runs again, me too! LOL

He's being pretty optimistic that he'll even be in a position to run for re-election.

Trump calls it fake news.

Just a reminder to the Cheeto in Chief; another former President was impeached over similar charges.

Subpoenas are not fake news.

Trump campaign faces subpoena in assault lawsuit
    http://nationalpost.com/pmn/entertai...ssault-lawsuit
    NEW YORK — President Donald Trump’s presidential campaign has been subpoenaed for records related to past sexual assault allegations against Trump — charges the president on Monday dismissed as “made-up stuff.”

Lawyers for Summer Zervos, a former contestant on “The Apprentice,” asked the campaign in March to preserve any records in its possession concerning Zervos or other women who accused Trump of misconduct. Zervos says Trump kissed and groped her against her will in 2007.

During a Rose Garden press conference, Trump dismissed the allegations as politically motivated.

“All I can say is it’s totally fake news — just fake. It’s fake, it’s made-up stuff. And it’s disgraceful what happens,” he said. “That happens in the world of politics.”

Zervos’ request was filed as part of a defamation lawsuit. Lawyers for Trump For President agreed in April to hold on to any related records. Those sorts of subpoenas are routine in civil litigation.

It isn’t clear yet whether the case will advance far enough that the Trump campaign will be required to actually turn over those records.

Trump’s lawyers have asked that the case be dismissed, or delayed until he is no longer president.

Three legal scholars who, 20 years ago, submitted a brief to the Supreme Court arguing that President Bill Clinton wasn’t immune from a sexual harassment suit filed by Paula Jones, filed a similar brief in the Zervos case last month.

The law professors, Richard Primus, of the University of Michigan Law School, and Justin Florence and Larry Schwartztol, of The Protect Democracy Project, said Trump also isn’t immune from the Zervos lawsuit.

“No one in our nation is above the law, not even the president,” they wrote.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617