Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 6,000 of 7898

Thread: Trump - misc

I'd rather C2E than work!

The gospel according to Trump. You’ve got to be kidding me.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Making America Great Again

The same thing happened in Germany back in what Trump would call "The good old days"

Here is the black woman who is the suspect in the beating of that old man:

https://i.imgur.com/9JLxADI.jpg

You are such a liar. Here is the local news story for it, showing this photo (note how it has nothing to do with Trump or Germany), and a link to a gofundme for the old man. Everybody universally agrees that this old man did not deserve this:

https://ktla.com/2018/07/06/authorit...n-4th-of-july/

People have been hostile towards immigrants from long before the US became the US. To think Trump has directly caused the latest incidents is a stretch.

Directly? No. Stoked the fire? Defiantly.

There were Germans that were hostile towards Jews before the Nazi's came to power. Doing so just ennobled them.

^ that certainly is true.

Missed one.

" EVERYONE AGREES"
    (I AM PUSHING A SMALL MINORITY VIEW AND IMPOSING IT UPON EVERYONE)
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Jaw Dropping...

Donald Trump says UK is in 'turmoil' and meeting Putin may be easier than going to Britain

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-easier-going/
    He said: "It's going to be an interesting time in the UK, and it's certainly going to be an interesting time with Nato. But we'll work it out and all countries will be happy.

"The UK has a situation that's been going on for a long time. So I have Nato, I have the UK, which is in somewhat turmoil, and I have Putin. Frankly, Putin may be the easiest of them all who would think? Who would think? But the UK certainly they have a lot of things going on.

"Boris Johnson is a friend of mine who has been very nice to me, very supportive and maybe we'll speak to him when I get over there. I like Boris Johnson I've always liked him."

Asked if Mrs May would "remain in power" he said: "That's up to the people. I get along with her very well, have a very good relationship, that's certainly up to the people not up to me."

Asked if he had spoken to Mrs May the president said: "I have not.No, I have not."

Trump: Putin summit 'may be easier' than NATO, UK visit

President Trump on Tuesday would not say if he views Russian President Vladimir Putin as a friend or foe, instead labeling him a “competitor” on the world stage.

Trump also suggested his meeting early next week with the Russia leader could be the smoothest part of a week-long trip that includes a NATO summit and a visit to the United Kingdom, which views itself as having a "special relationship" with the United States.

Speaking to reporters before departing the White House for the meetings in Europe, Trump said, “frankly, Putin may be the easiest of them all.”
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-friend-or-foe
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Well, before he nukes North Korea, hopefully he makes peace with Putin.

He's not going to nuke NK. Kim is his "good friend" and "honourable".

C2E Continued Contributor

Very telling how he has a "good" relationship with undemocratic leaders, but has no respect for his actual allies.

"good" meaning he likes them because they are willing to play nice with him to get what they want, so he likes them because they don't try and stand up to him.

Meanwhile, Trump tries to shore up support from his base. These are the guys that the Bundy crew were trying to free when they took over the wildlife preserve in Oregon.

The day after nominating a SCOTUS justice, Trump gives the finger to the rule of law

The Oregon ranchers were convicted of—and pleaded guilty to—arson on federal lands. They were prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Oregon, federal prosecutors. Part of the Department of Justice. Because the arsons were federal offenses. One of the fires was started to cover up poaching on federal lands! They hunted illegally then tried to cover up the evidence by setting it on fire! Another fire was set intentionally when they knew there were Bureau of Land Management fire fighters in the area that they were endangering.

They tried to kill firefighters. And Trump just pardoned them.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...he-rule-of-law

This is insane. Also insane that Trump may be able to name a judge that could weigh in on his charges in the future. This is all insane, and none of it is right.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Will Trump Be Meeting With His Counterpart — Or His Handler?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...collusion.html
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Will Trump Be Meeting With His Counterpart — Or His Handler?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...collusion.html
    It's his annual performance review.

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    This is insane. Also insane that Trump may be able to name a judge that could weigh in on his charges in the future. This is all insane, and none of it is right.
    Totally agree

Stacking the deck in his favor with a judge that has written lots including that in his opinion a sitting President cannot be indicted.

Sort of like like going to a job interview and saying that you will give 10% of your pay to the HR person if he gets you the job.

Well, Pompeo has changed his tune. I wonder how long until Trump fires him for disagreeing with him?

Mike Pompeo admits his North Korea meeting was a disaster: It went ‘as badly as it could have gone’

On Tuesday, CNN reported that Secretary of State Mark Pompeo, who’d helped oversee Donald Trump’s meeting with King Jong-un, admitted that his own meeting with the North Korean officials had not gone according to plan.

Pompeo said it went “as badly as it could have gone.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/mik...nt-badly-gone/

You beat me to it by a few minutes

Mike Pompeo admits his North Korea meeting was a disaster: It went ‘as badly as it could have gone’

But here is another tidbit

TRUMP SENT KIM JONG UN 'ROCKET MAN' CD
    It didn't take a long, long time for President Donald Trump to start bestowing gifts on North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

The President of the United States confirmed on Tuesday morning that he plans to give a copy of the Elton John hit song "Rocket Man" to the dictator of North Korea, who he met with during a summit in Singapore last month to discuss denuclearization.

"They didn't give it, I have it for him, they didn't give it, but it will be given at a certain time," Trump said when asked about the CD during a gaggle outside the White House Tuesday morning before departing for the NATO summit.

"I actually do have a little gift for him, but you'll find out what that gift is when I give it," he added.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was in North Korea last week and took along a copy of the British singer's CD with the "Rocket Man" song that Trump had signed, but Pompeo did not meet with Kim this time around so he brought the gifts back to the President.

A source with knowledge of the discussions between Pompeo and North Korea said the feeling at the White House was the trip went "as badly as it could have gone."

The source added, "The North Koreans were just messing around, not serious about moving forward." The source said Pompeo‎ had been promised a meeting with Kim Jong Un, so not getting one sent a big message.

The goal of Pompeo's latest trip to Pyongyang was to negotiate the details of the nuclear agreement Trump signed along with Kim. North Korea criticized Pompeo's "gangster-like" demands in negotiations and said the "attitude" of the US was "regrettable", while Pompeo signaled "progress" in the talks between the two nations.
    http://www.wtva.com/content/national...1.html?ref=241

North Korea calls U.S. attitude toward talks ‘gangster-like’ and ‘cancerous,’ rejecting Pompeo’s assessment
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.ffb1c945680e
    But Evans Revere, a former U.S. diplomat with a long history of negotiating with North Korea, said it was evident that the talks in Pyongyang had not gone well — and that it appears North Korea may have no intention of actually denuclearizing in the way the United States would want.

“Pompeo appears to have presented the North Koreans with some demands and requirements for real moves toward denuclearization, as opposed to the symbolic steps and empty language Pyongyang has been using so far. He deserves credit for doing so,” Revere wrote in an email.

“But in doing so, he has elicited North Korean ire, and he has now seen the reality of North Korea’s game plan and intentions that many of us have been describing for some time,” Revere added. “Welcome to our world, Mr. Secretary.”
    An I told you so moment from an experienced U.S. Diplomat.

Trump was played like a $3 fiddle
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 10-07-2018 at 06:32 PM.

I've noticed a few times when he says "We'll see what happens" sometimes leads to someone in his office or administration being fired. It sounds non committal, but strangely it seems to be the kiss or death for staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    You beat me to it by a few minutes

But here is another tidbit

TRUMP SENT KIM JONG UN 'ROCKET MAN' CD
    It didn't take a long, long time for President Donald Trump to start bestowing gifts on North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

The President of the United States confirmed on Tuesday morning that he plans to give a copy of the Elton John hit song "Rocket Man" to the dictator of North Korea, who he met with during a summit in Singapore last month to discuss denuclearization.

"They didn't give it, I have it for him, they didn't give it, but it will be given at a certain time," Trump said when asked about the CD during a gaggle outside the White House Tuesday morning before departing for the NATO summit.

"I actually do have a little gift for him, but you'll find out what that gift is when I give it," he added.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was in North Korea last week and took along a copy of the British singer's CD with the "Rocket Man" song that Trump had signed, but Pompeo did not meet with Kim this time around so he brought the gifts back to the President.

A source with knowledge of the discussions between Pompeo and North Korea said the feeling at the White House was the trip went "as badly as it could have gone."

The source added, "The North Koreans were just messing around, not serious about moving forward." The source said Pompeo‎ had been promised a meeting with Kim Jong Un, so not getting one sent a big message.

The goal of Pompeo's latest trip to Pyongyang was to negotiate the details of the nuclear agreement Trump signed along with Kim. North Korea criticized Pompeo's "gangster-like" demands in negotiations and said the "attitude" of the US was "regrettable", while Pompeo signaled "progress" in the talks between the two nations.
    http://www.wtva.com/content/national...1.html?ref=241

North Korea calls U.S. attitude toward talks ‘gangster-like’ and ‘cancerous,’ rejecting Pompeo’s assessment
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.ffb1c945680e
    But Evans Revere, a former U.S. diplomat with a long history of negotiating with North Korea, said it was evident that the talks in Pyongyang had not gone well — and that it appears North Korea may have no intention of actually denuclearizing in the way the United States would want.

“Pompeo appears to have presented the North Koreans with some demands and requirements for real moves toward denuclearization, as opposed to the symbolic steps and empty language Pyongyang has been using so far. He deserves credit for doing so,” Revere wrote in an email.

“But in doing so, he has elicited North Korean ire, and he has now seen the reality of North Korea’s game plan and intentions that many of us have been describing for some time,” Revere added. “Welcome to our world, Mr. Secretary.”
    An I told you so moment from an experienced U.S. Diplomat.

Trump was played like a $3 fiddle
    It went as badly as it could have gone ... but other than that it was fine. On the other hand the Singapore thing was a nice photo op for the little dictator, somehow standing next to Trump made him look almost sane and reasonable.

Meanwhile, Trump tries to shore up support from his base. These are the guys that the Bundy crew were trying to free when they took over the wildlife preserve in Oregon.

The day after nominating a SCOTUS justice, Trump gives the finger to the rule of law

The Oregon ranchers were convicted of—and pleaded guilty to—arson on federal lands. They were prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Oregon, federal prosecutors. Part of the Department of Justice. Because the arsons were federal offenses. One of the fires was started to cover up poaching on federal lands! They hunted illegally then tried to cover up the evidence by setting it on fire! Another fire was set intentionally when they knew there were Bureau of Land Management fire fighters in the area that they were endangering.

Ok so some of the crazy stuff he has been doing doesn't surprise me any more, but this is insane. This is the first thing he's done in a while that's actually taken me aback. Who is he doing this for? Are there that many people in the Republican base that don't care about the rule of law that this would be seen as a beneficial move? I know that he's doing it to keep the right-wing extremists on his side, but surely more moderate Republicans would be outraged by this.

Mr. Oilers would you like to chime in? What possible positive reason is there for him doing this?

Trump just kicked the trade war with China into high gear
    http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...alation-2018-7

The Trump administration has released a gargantuan list of Chinese goods that will be subject to tariffs, kicking a burgeoning trade war into high gear.

The new 10% tariffs will apply to a huge amount of items including seafood and other fresh goods, according to the list released by US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer.

"As a result of China's retaliation [the introduction of tariffs on $34 billion worth of US imports] and failure to change its practices, the President has ordered the US Trade Representative (USTR) to begin the process of imposing tariffs of 10% on an additional $200 billion of Chinese imports," Lighthizer said.

The tariffs are in addition to Trump's 25% tariffs on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods. Tariffs on the first $34 billion worth of goods went into place on Friday. The second round, which will apply to around $16 billion worth of Chinese goods, is set to be imposed in the coming weeks. That second round will be derived from a list already released by the US Trade Representative.

The release of the $200 billion list is perhaps the most concrete step yet toward an all-out trade war with China and triggers a formal process to implement the tariffs. The next step will be a comment period, during which businesses and consumers can raise issues with the inclusion of certain goods on the list.

Early on didn’t he say talking to NK was a waste of time.

So now he’s made a token effort at talking and being nice, said they have a deal, created a reason to pull US troops back and then just needs to wait until he can do his surprise attack thing backed by statements that NK had reneged on the deal and wasn’t going to de-nuke themselves.

First though, he needs a deal with Russia to back off and not respond to a NK bombing.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post

Ok so some of the crazy stuff he has been doing doesn't surprise me any more, but this is insane. This is the first thing he's done in a while that's actually taken me aback. Who is he doing this for? Are there that many people in the Republican base that don't care about the rule of law that this would be seen as a beneficial move? I know that he's doing it to keep the right-wing extremists on his side, but surely more moderate Republicans would be outraged by this.

Mr. Oilers would you like to chime in? What possible positive reason is there for him doing this?
    Trump needs a base of armed militia like radicals that already feel that the US has been taken over by leftists (or whatever), so that he can usher in a revolution to re-take America - and of course - he and his family would be the new rulers.

Those gun hating and so unarmed moderates and left of centre citizens would lack firepower to do anything about riled up militias running amuck under Trump’s fear mongering.

power, Power, POWER !!!!..

Opinion | The Theology of Donald Trump - The New York Times

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/0...ald-trump.html
    Last edited by KC; 10-07-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Early on didn’t he say talking to NK was a waste of time.

So now he’s made a token effort at talking and being nice, said they have a deal, created a reason to pull US troops back and then just needs to wait until he can do his surprise attack thing backed by statements that NK had reneged on the deal and wasn’t going to de-nuke themselves.

First though, he needs a deal with Russia to back off and not respond to a NK bombing.
    He's not going to admit that Kim reneged on the deal because that would mean admitting he was wrong about Kim. He's said that he'd know if he was being honest within 5 minutes of meeting him. What he will do is blame Pomero or someone else on his team for screwing up his "hard earned" deal. Then, he and Kim can continue their mutual admiration society. You'll notice that Kim and the North Koreans have not criticized Trump, just Pomero and the people he had with him for the second meeting.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!

5:56 AM - Jun 13, 2018

Watching Trump this morning bash Germany for buying billions worth of Russian gas and oil, then turning around and calling NATO to defend them from the Russian threat was amazing. Then asking right to their faces why the ex-chancellor of Germany was orchestrating these deals with the Russian enemy, and also reminding them that past US Presidents mentioned it but were too scared to say anything, was also great.

That man has a spine of steel.

https://youtu.be/QqjJvveODKM

Shall we mention that the US buys billion in Saudi oil that funds the terrorist organization that perpetrated the 9/11 attacks?

Trump is the last person who can point his short fingers.

So much winning!

Basically, the US heavily subsidizes dairy production which encouraged dairy farmers, small operators and large corporate farms as well, to expand their production. This has led to massive over supply in the US. Meanwhile, Trump goes after Canada and the fact that ultrafiltered milk was not a separate product under NAFTA the last time it was negotiated so it entered Canada tariff free. When Canada closed this loophole, the US could no longer dump it's unwanted ultrafiltered milk in Canada.

The US has a massive oversupply problem and wants to use Canada as a dumping ground which would essentially put Canadian diary farms out of business.

Trump's 'DAIRY DISASTER'

Just like Donald Trump has taken away the No. 1 export market for U.S. soybean farmers, he has now done the same U.S. dairy products. In a Tuesday twitter thread, a U.S. Chamber of Commerce senior vice president labeled Trump's tariffs a "DAIRY DISASTER" after Mexico imposed a 25 percent tariff on U.S. dairy products in retaliation for Trump's aluminum and steel tariffs.

"Mexico is the top export market for US dairy products," John G. Murphy wrote. "The US is the largest dairy supplier to Mexico, and Mexico accounts for about one-quarter of US dairy exports."

One dairy advocacy site shared similar fears the escalation in tariffs could "devastate" dairy export sales. Here's several facts the site compiled about how important Mexico is to the dairy industry.

How significant are U.S. cheese exports to Mexico? Check out these facts from USDEC:

Mexico is the No. 1 U.S. cheese export market.
    In 2017, the United States held a 75% share of Mexico’s cheese import market.
    U.S. cheese shipments to Mexico were valued at $391 million last year.
    Last year's U.S. cheese exports to Mexico increased 8% in value over 2016.
    Mexico accounts for 28% of total U.S. cheese exports.
    U.S. suppliers shipped 96,413 tons of cheese to Mexico in 2017.
    Over the last decade, both the volume and value of U.S. cheese exports to Mexico have nearly tripled.

The tariffs are also coming at a terrible time for dairy farmers, according to the Wall Street Journal. Because milk consumption in the U.S. has been plummeting, dairies have been using the milk to produce more cheese and pushing a good portion of it to export markets.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...DAIRY-DISASTER

A man reaps what he sows. - Galatians 6:7

Shall we mention that the US buys billion in Saudi oil that funds the terrorist organization that perpetrated the 9/11 attacks?
    That's just about enough of whataboutism from you!

What good is NATO if Germany is paying Russia billions of dollars for gas and energy? Why are there only 5 out of 29 countries that have met their commitment? The U.S. is paying for Europe’s protection, then loses billions on Trade. Must pay 2% of GDP IMMEDIATELY, not by 2025.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...783710209?s=21
    How long have these EU countries (plus Canada) been using NATO funding to supply themselves? I'm surprised the US hasn't been upset about this for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    NATO protects as much of the US interests as the US protects NATO's interests. Much of the monies spent by NATO countries are for US weapons so the US profits from NATO spending so Trump is yelling at his customers! How much weapons does the United States buy from NATO countries??? Trump's continued attacks are bullying tactics and do not represent that many NATO countries are increasing their spending.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 11-07-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Watching Trump this morning bash Germany for buying billions worth of Russian gas and oil, then turning around and calling NATO to defend them from the Russian threat was amazing. Then asking right to their faces why the ex-chancellor of Germany was orchestrating these deals with the Russian enemy, and also reminding them that past US Presidents mentioned it but were too scared to say anything, was also great.

too bad that spine of steel isn't supporting anything of substance...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

The Russian enemy? From Trumpers?

"You know what? Putin’s fine. He’s fine. We’re all fine. We’re people." - Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post

too bad that spine of steel isn't supporting anything of substance...
    ...blubber

Meanwhile, explaining the structure of NATO is now considered "berating the president"

Maybe we shouldn't have gone into Afghanistan after all.

Shep Smith explains NATO — and Fox News viewers fume that he is ‘berating the president’

The whole point is that the U.S. and our European allies defend each other if one is attacked.

“In other words, I got your back, you got mine,” Smith said.

But Trump seems poised to undermine the organization, Smith said.

“So here we are today. With President Trump slamming our NATO allies to their faces on international television at a summit in Brussels,” Smith said. “He claims the United States spends too much money protecting our European friends from Russia and accuses NATO countries of not spending enough to defend themselves… The truth is every NATO country has paid its bills for NATO-shared budget. No country, not one is delinquent.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/she...ing-president/

I see. Well I guess this is one of those events that you can't defend so you have to ignore, right Mr. Oilers?

Meanwhile, Manafort's lawyers are currently banging their heads against the wall.

Mueller turns the tables on Manafort after he’s caught boasting about ‘VIP’ treatment in jail

His attorneys have complained about the conditions at Northern Neck Regional Jail in Warsaw, where he’s being held 23 hours a day in solitary confinement for his own protection.

But the new filing reveals a jailhouse phone call recording where Manafort boasts about the special privileges he enjoys as he waits for his scheduled trial to start July 25.

“Among the unique privileges Manafort enjoys at the jail are a private, self-contained living unit, which is larger than other inmates’ units, his own bathroom and shower facility, his own personal telephone, and his own workspace to prepare for trial,” prosecutors said in their filing. “Manafort is also not required to wear a prison uniform. On the monitored prison phone calls, Manafort has mentioned that he is being treated like a ‘VIP.'”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/mue...reatment-jail/

NATO protects as much of the US interests as the US protects NATO's interests. Much of the monies spent by NATO countries are for US weapons so the US profits from NATO spending so Trump is yelling at his customers! How much weapons does the United States buy from NATO countries??? Trump's continued attacks are bullying tactics and do not represent that many NATO countries are increasing their spending.
    Info

Canada buys half a billion from the US and Trump complains???

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 11-07-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Trudeau won’t double defence budget despite calls from Trump
    By The Canadian Press
    Tues., July 10, 2018 https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...rom-trump.html
    RIGA, LATVIA—Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he will not double Canada’s defence budget, despite continued calls from U.S. President Donald Trump for all NATO countries to meet agreed-upon targets for defence spending.

Trudeau calls the military spending target — two per cent of GDP, agreed to by all NATO allies at the 2014 summit in Wales — “an easy shorthand” but a “limited tool” to measure a country’s commitment to the alliance.

Canada did agree to the two per cent benchmark, but the Trudeau government’s spending projections show plans to reach only 1.4 per cent of GDP by 2024.

Trudeau says that while the two per cent target remains an “important metric” for commitment to NATO, he considers tangible and consistent resources and leadership, which Canada continues to demonstrate, to be more important.

He also notes that his Liberal government’s recent defence policy review committed Canada to an increase of 70 per cent in defence spending over the next 10 years.

And when asked directly whether Canada plans to meet the two per cent target, Trudeau says there are no plans to double Canada’s defence budget.
    Trump tells NATO leaders to up military spending to 4 percent of GDP
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/11/trum...nt-of-gdp.html

U.S. President Donald Trump told NATO leaders on Wednesday they should increase their defence spending to 4 percent of their country's economic output, double the group's current goal of two percent.

NATO allies shrugged off the demand as part and parcel of Trump's brash push for allies to spend more on their own defence at a summit in Brussels, with a quip from the alliance's chief that it should aim to meet its goal before reaching further.

"We should first get to 2 pct," NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg, adding that eight of the 29 allies were meeting that target, while others had a plan to do - turning a leaf on years of defence budget cuts.

Striking a strident tone at the summit, Trump's aspirational target of 4 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) was above the United States own spending on defence.

The United States, the world's biggest military power, spent some 3.57 percent on defence last year, according to NATO figures.

Senate votes to support NATO ahead of Trump summit 97 to 2
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-nato-as-trump

Lawmakers on Tuesday overwhelmingly voted in favor of a motion supporting NATO, as President Trump continues to criticize the alliance ahead of his summit in Europe.

The nonbinding motion, which came as the Senate voted to reconcile its version of the annual defense policy bill with that of the House, expresses the Senate’s support for NATO and calls on negotiators to reaffirm the U.S. commitment to it.

The 97-2 vote in the Senate comes as Trump heads to Brussels. He will also travel to the United Kingdom and meet one-on-one with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki during his trip.

GOP Sens. Rand Paul (Ky.) and Mike Lee (Utah) voted against the measure.

Democratic Sen. Jack Reed (R.I.) proposed the measure, calling the U.S. support for NATO "ironclad."

Trump has long been critical of NATO members for failing to meet their defense spending commitments, and has ramped up the criticism in the days ahead of the summit.
    So MrOilers, would you like to comment about Trump's spine of steel, brains of brick, flat of foot and mouth of whale?

97 of 99 Senators voted against Trump.

Are they all a bunch of lefties?
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 11-07-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Manafort loses bid to stay at "Club Fed"

Paul Manafort just lost his VIP amenities in jail because of his whining

On Wednesday, Ellis denied Manafort’s request, and for the second time in as many days ordered him to be moved.

“It is surprising and confusing when the counsel identifies a problem and then opposes the most logical solution to that problem,” Ellis wrote Wednesday, adding, “Defense counsel has not identified any general or specific threat to defendant’s safety at the Alexandria Detention Center.” And, as pointed out in the comments below:

After Ellis' transfer order, Manafort's lawyers asked him to be allowed to stay in Warsaw, citing concerns about his safety. But Ellis brushed aside those worries in a new order, saying that officials at the federal lockup in Alexandria have experience handling inmates such as "foreign and domestic terrorists, spies and traitors."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...of-his-whining

White House claims John Kelly looked 'displeased' at NATO summit because 'because he was expecting a full breakfast and there were only pastries and cheese'
    http://www.businessinsider.com/john-...astries-2018-7
    The White House said in a statement to The Washington Post on Wednesday that chief of staff John Kelly looked "displeased" during part of the NATO summit in Brussels "because he was expecting a full breakfast and there were only pastries and cheese."

During a working breakfast that marked the start of the summit, Trump said Germany was "controlled by Russia," citing an energy partnership between the two countries.

"It's very sad when Germany makes a massive oil and gas deal with Russia where we're supposed to be guarding against Russia, and Germany goes out and pays billions and billions of dollars a year from Russia," Trump said.

He added: "Germany is totally controlled by Russia."

No, the reality is that John Kelly has traveled extensively to Europe over the past decades and never expected a stack of waffles, 3 fried eggs, bacon, sausages and hash.

He was just trying to hold his lunch while listening to his nauseating boss, spew bullzhit all over the breakfast conference table...

The menus for these things are set well in advance and submitted to each country. There is no way that the Chief of Staff of POTUS was surprised by what was served.

Could it be that Sarah is lying again?

What Trump Should Have Told Germany About Russian Gas
    The president had a point – but as usual, he got the details wrong.

In remarks before breakfast with the secretary general of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization on Wednesday, Trump created a new front in his feud with NATO, and Germany in particular, saying: “Germany is totally controlled by Russia because they are getting from 60 to 70 percent of their energy from Russia and a new pipeline.”

Let’s start with the facts — something the president too often overlooks in his comments. This pipeline system, Nord Stream 2, would indeed carry a great deal of gas from Russia to Germany. Trump is, in fact, expressing the American government’s policy of opposition to the pipeline — opposition that his administration shares with the Obama administration, when then-Vice President Joe Biden said: “Nord Stream 2 is a bad deal for Europe.” And, they are, in fact, building a new pipeline.

But, like too many of the president’s pronouncements, what starts with a grain of truth becomes distorted into something else entirely. First, Germany currently receives about half its gas supplies from Russia — if the new pipeline were to replace other sources of gas on a one-to-one basis, it could indeed rise to 60 to 70 percent. However, gas makes up less than 20 percent of Germany’s energy mix for power production, with renewables, coal and nuclear making up the balance.

Furthermore, there are good reasons to oppose the construction of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, but “total control” of Germany by Russia is not one of them. Germany is a large market with diverse sources of energy: Energy security does not come from the quantities supplied, but from the options available. Today, Germany receives gas in liquefied natural gas (LNG) shipments from Norway, Qatar and even the United States. German companies choose to buy Russian piped gas because it is generally cheaper, not having to go through the expense of being liquefied and then turned back into gas, when compared with seaborne LNG.

The gas is not bought by the German government, either. Private companies buy gas from Gazprom in a commercial marketplace. In fact, if any side “controls” the other in this relationship, the German market is the largest buyer of Gazprom’s exports, accounting for 27 percent of Gazprom’s European exports. The loss of customers in Germany would cripple both the company and Moscow’s budget.

Energy mix arguments like the 20% one above are rather clueless.

Also, a large cheaper supply will slowly displace more costly supplies.

Russia’s Grip On European Gas Markets Is Tightening | OilPrice.com

“But overall, Russia remains the dominant supplier of gas to Europe, despite years of promises from European politicians to diversify. Few see that changing anytime soon.

Russia’s share of the European market will rise to 40 percent by 2035, up from 30 percent now, according to an estimate from BP.”

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Int...ightening.html
    Last edited by KC; 12-07-2018 at 01:39 AM.

97 of 99 Senators voted against Trump.

Are they all a bunch of lefties?
    Ummm... They didn't vote against Trump. Trump supports NATO, too. He says it all the time.

He just thinks that all NATO countries should pay what they initially agreed to.

I see. Well I guess this is one of those events that you can't defend so you have to ignore, right Mr. Oilers?

Wow. What's your problem?

I know nothing about this incident, nor the background of it, but you demand I comment on it? You're insane.

Pre Trump, pre-anti-Trump vs pro-Trump spin:

Nato defence spending falls despite promises to reverse cuts
    By Jonathan Beale
    Defence correspondent, BBC News
    February 26, 2015

“Despite the Ukraine crisis and increasing tensions with Russia, most Nato members are doing little to reverse the decline in their defence spending.
    The promises and rhetoric that they will meet the threat is not matched by reality.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-31619553
    Last edited by KC; 12-07-2018 at 01:40 AM.

Energy mix arguments like the 20% one above are rather clueless.

Also, a large cheaper supply will slowly displace more costly supplies.
    Well 70% of the market sounds large and scary, but 70% of 20% is 14% which is not so significant at all. I suppose the later percentage wouldn't suit Trump's argument very well. Its not clueless, that's the sort of thing Trump might say to casually dismiss inconvenient facts and figures he doesn't like without actually proving them wrong. Its either right or wrong.

Also as we well know in Alberta a pipeline only has a limited capacity so the cheaper supply might not be able to displace other sources unless they build more pipelines.

I know nothing about this incident, nor the background of it, but you demand I comment on it? You're insane.
    It takes about five minutes to learn about and understand these events. Considering how much you support him on here shouldn't you at least know what he's up to?

Or would you prefer to simply stick your fingers in your ears when he does something indefensible?

It sounds like you're being selectively ignorant. Basically I'm calling you out for your current MO of posting a bunch of pro Trump posts whenever you find something that you can spin to make him look good, and then going silent when he does something terrible that there's no way to defend.

In ‘lite’ of the times, fun to watch:

The movie “Being There”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcPQ9gww_qc

Being There - review includes social commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcPQ9gww_qc

Trump believes that NATO countries "owe" the U.S. and that they are footing "the whole thing".

He is wrong. Firstly, Trump firmly believes the US is sending cheques to NATO is some fund and other countries take money from that piggy bank to pay for their military spending. He is totally wrong. Other than a small amount to cover NATO Administration, no money is paid into NATO. As an example, Canada's military spending is about 1.25% of GDP and Trump demands we "pay" 4%. We don't "pay" anyone. We buy arms from Canadian suppliers, huge amounts from the US, pay salaries, pensions, build ships, have military deployments and training under the UN and NATO abroad, etc. and that is how every country does it.

The US has a far higher spending percentage of their GDP but not even the 4% that he demands but also that US spends exorbitant amounts on expensive weapon programs, a nuclear arsenal and military bases in every State in the Union and hundreds all around the world including many in non-NATO regions plus a huge Navy operating world wide.

the United States still maintains nearly 800 military bases in more than 70 countries and territories abroad—from giant “Little Americas” to small radar facilities. Britain, France and Russia, by contrast, have about 30 foreign bases combined.
    By my calculation, maintaining bases and troops overseas cost $85 to $100 billion in fiscal year 2014; the total with bases and troops in warzones is $160 to $200 billion.
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...e-world-119321

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...military_bases

This is to bolster the American Imperialism, their own interests and defence and feed their military industrial complex for political and economic goals. They keep useless and redundant bases in States simply to keep jobs and voters happy where often the military is the largest employer. The VA, pensions and huge monies spent on military weapons developments are not related directly to their NATO spending.

If Canada spent 1% more on military spending, spending $20 billion annually on a Avro Arrow II and cut our purchase of the American F-35 program, we would would get our NATO commitment percentage but Trump would go nuts! Maybe we should develop a nuclear weapons arsenal and build some missile bases along the US border.

We all know what happened in 1959 when we spent more on homegrown military developments and how the US quashed our nationalistic aims, many of which were in direct support of NATO and the protection of our southerly neighbour.

Trump says NATO allies like Canada are 'delinquent' on military spending. Is he wrong?
    'We're the schmucks that are paying for the whole thing,' President Trump says
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...ding-1.4742588

"But Trump puts people off. Nobody likes a bully. When a bully tells you to do something, you usually tell him to f-off. It makes it hard for Trudeau to do something because a certain group of Canadians will be saying, 'Oh you're just kowtowing to Trump,'" he added.

"Canadian prime ministers have always been careful to keep a distance from their American counterparts ... but the bottom line is you do have to look at dollars because dollars do talk."

He said Canada should spend more on defence not merely to please Trump — who will just "take, take, take" — but also to serve our own national interests by increasing troop levels, replacing aging equipment, protecting Canadian sovereignty in the Arctic and taking part in humanitarian missions abroad.

"I understand the need to have a number there, you need to put a stake in the sand somewhere, but it doesn't tell the whole picture. There are better ways to assess who is actually contributing," the former fighter pilot said in an interview with CBC News on Wednesday.

"Greece maybe spends more than us, but does Greece show up every time? Is Greece investing in the capabilities that NATO actually needs? That matters."

(Almost three quarters of Greece's budget goes to paying salaries and pensions. In a country where unemployment is rampant, a career in the Greek military is highly sought-after. The Mediterranean country fails to meet other NATO spending targets for major equipment purchases, for example.)

"Every time there is a NATO mission, Canada looks at it and decides whether it's in the national interest to participate, and we have every time," Fuhr added.

"It's all about capability. The bigger question is, is Canada delivering? And I think the answer to that question is yes, including in Latvia, big time. Our history has shown that you can count on Canada to show up and pull its weight most of the time. The two per cent is just one of the ways you can look at it."

“I’m very consistent. I’m a very stable genius.”

Trump Tried to Take a Victory Lap on NATO Defense Spending. It Didn’t Go So Well.

“Everyone has agreed to substantially up their commitment,” Trump said on Thursday. “They’re going to up it at levels that they’ve never thought of before.”

That would be news, however, to French President Emmanuel Macron.

Shortly after Trump’s wide-ranging press conference concluded, Macron told reporters that NATO members never agreed to increase military spending commitments above the previously established goal of 2 percent of each country’s gross domestic product. (On Wednesday, Trump surprised alliance members by demanding they increase contributions to 4 percent immediately.)

“It confirms the goal of 2 percent by 2024,” Macron said. “That’s all.”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ending-macron/

Faux "News" claims that entire 706 Billion US military budget is a contribution to NATO. Trump says US provides 90% of funding. They're both lying

In fact, $706.1 billion represents the entire defense budget, which is the largest in U.S. history.

Minutes after Fox News made the erroneous claim, President Donald Trump held a news conference where he wrongly asserted that the U.S. has been funding “probably 90 percent of the costs of NATO.”

According to NPR, the U.S. actually pays about 22 percent of the $2.8 billion in annual NATO expenses.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/fox...-percent-nato/

Hahaha, that's never stopped you before!
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

More tunes on the three dollar banjo.

“We’re getting our — the remains back of our great heroes. … They have over 200 already. This is something — we never got anything back, anybody back.” - Donald Trump, June 23

North Korean officials a no-show for meeting about U.S. troop remains

SEOUL —North Korean officials did not turn up to a Thursday meeting with the U.S. military about repatriating the remains of the war dead, according to a U.S. official with knowledge of the situation.

The two sides had been expected to meet at the Korean Peninsula’s demilitarized zone and discuss the return of U.S. troop remains from the 1950-1953 war — an arrangement that the State Department had announced after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s visit to Pyongyang last Friday and Saturday.

State Department officials had said that the meeting would likely take place on July 12, though they had said that the date could shift.

On Thursday, however, Department of Defense and United Nations Command officials were left waiting in the DMZ’s Joint Security Area. The expected North Korean officials never arrived, according to the official who requested anonymity as he was not permitted to talk publicly about the event.

“We were ready,” the official said. “It just didn’t happen. They didn’t show.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.40c41a35b130

But they already got remains back previously, didn't they?

Not those Trump is referring to.

Yes, Trump is wrong when he says "This is something — we never got anything back, anybody back.". Per his standard operating procedure, he's always got to be the first, biggest or only one who's ever accomplished anything.

Long story short, he was lying (hard to believe, I know) when he said "
    “We got back our great fallen heroes, the remains, in fact today already 200 have been sent back,”.

Trump says North Korea ‘sent back’ remains of 200 war dead
    US officials in Seoul unable to confirm whether the transfer had taken place

US President Donald Trump said North Korea had returned the remains of 200 American soldiers who died during the Korean war, citing the development as an example of the success of his recent summit in Singapore with Kim Jong Un.

The figure, however, has baffled US officials in Seoul, who were unable to confirm whether the transfer of the remains had taken place.

Speaking at a political rally in Minnesota, Mr Trump pushed back against critics who said he was outplayed by Mr Kim because North Korea had provided nothing more than vague details outlined in a joint statement signed by the leaders during the June 12 summit.

“We got back our great fallen heroes, the remains, in fact today already 200 have been sent back,” Mr Trump told the crowd in Duluth.

One US official told the Financial Times that UN Command Korea, which oversees US and allied military on the peninsula, had informed the Pentagon that it was “planning for the repatriation of the remains of US service members previously recovered by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea”.

The official cautioned that few details had been provided and that there had been no confirmation of the 200 figure.

https://www.ft.com/content/3dceec88-...1-31da4279a601

The things he will lie about is simply staggering.

Bully, threaten and harangue ... this is how he treats his friends and allies. Has this old coot never heard of "How to win friends and influence people"? Maybe Putin can send him a copy.

Trump is getting nervous. He needs NATO to put money in the account so he can siphon off the money to send to his loanshark, Mr. Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    The things he will lie about is simply staggering.
    He is without shame. He lies about NATO, he lies about Gold Star families, he lies about his bone spurs, he lies about the remains of soldiers who fought and died for their country.

Mr. Oilers, chime in here if you dare.

Way back in 2006 the plan was to go to 2%. Twelve (12) years go by and we’re not even close to our 2% commitment!

Back in 2014 everyone makes another commitment to reach 2% by 2024?

NATO - Topic: Funding NATO
    https://www.nato.int/cps/ie/natohq/topics_67655.htm

NATO Speech: Briefing by NATO Spokesman - MOD - 8 June 2006

“Finally, I should add that Allies through the comprehensive political guidance have committed to endeavour, to meet the 2% target of GDP devoted to defence spending. Let me be clear, this is not a hard commitment that they will do it. But it is a commitment to work towards it. And that will be a first within the Alliance. So there was, I think, quite substantial developments in the first two meetings.”

https://www.nato.int/docu/speech/2006/s060608m.htm
    Last edited by KC; 12-07-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Bully, threaten and harangue ... this is how he treats his friends and allies. Has this old coot never heard of "How to win friends and influence people"? Maybe Putin can send him a copy.
    And how does he treat Kim? A man who's playing him like a fiddle? A man who's been caught evading the sanctions by transferring petroleum products at sea? A man who's continuing to build out his nuclear infrastructure?

Trump Tweets ‘Very Nice Note’ He Says He Got From Kim Jong Un

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un praised Donald Trump in a letter written before U.S.-North Korean talks hit a snag last week, saying the U.S. president’s “energetic and extraordinary efforts” in reshaping ties between the two countries will help create a “new future.”

“The significant first meeting with Your Excellency and the joint statement that we signed together in Singapore 24 days ago was indeed the start of a meaningful journey,” Kim wrote in an English translation of a July 6 letter that President Trump posted on Twitter Thursday.

Although the letter was written less than a week ago, it’s not clear where U.S.-North Korean talks stand now.

The letter’s date indicates it was written before Secretary of State Michael Pompeo’s visit late last week to Pyongyang, where the U.S. and North Korea struggled to agree over plans to denuclearize the Korean peninsula. That meeting concluded with North Korean state media calling the U.S. approach “cancerous” and “gangster-like.” The North Korean statement went on to say, however, that Kim’s regime still had confidence in Trump.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ngapore-summit

The beauty of our commitment is that we can and should spend the needed funds in Canada and if we do it right in terms of not being a drain on our economy, we expand Canadian jobs, skills, industries and our defence / disaster response capabilities and then the money just circulates in the economy like any other domestic spending.

The Politics of 2 Percent: NATO and the Security Vacuum in Europe - Carnegie Europe - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

http://carnegieeurope.eu/2015/09/02/...rope-pub-61139

Primer for President Trump: How NATO funding really works – POLITICO

“In 2014, NATO allies pledged to “aim to move towards” spending at least 2 percent of annual GDP on defense, a target currently met by the U.S. and just four other countries: Greece, Estonia, the U.K. and Poland.

The pledge in 2014 was voluntary and the alliance set no consequences for countries that fail to meet the target. In response to Trump’s pressure, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg convinced allies not meeting the 2 percent GDP target to agree to develop, by the end of this year, national plans showing how they would fulfill the pledge.

In Germany’s case, meeting the 2 percent GDP target would require nearly doubling its annual military spending to roughly $70 billion from $40 billion.

But even if German officials, who have pushed back on Trump’s demands, agreed to such a sharp increase, that spending would be on Germany’s own national capabilities, which could be made available to NATO — if Germany wanted to do so. Under no circumstance, however, would that money ever “pour in” to NATO. ...”

https://www.politico.eu/article/prim...-really-works/
    Last edited by KC; 12-07-2018 at 03:09 PM.

^ from your source.

According to the cost-sharing formula, the approximate total share of the wealthiest major allies (presuming NATO spends the maximum allowed on capital investments) for 2017 is:

• U.S. $540.32 million

• Germany $357.46 million

• France $259.46 million

• U.K. $240.3 million

On a per capita basis, that means Americans are paying far less than Germans, roughly $1.68 per person for the 2017 NATO budget. On a per capita basis, Germans are paying more than 2.5 times as much: $4.39 per person. (By this same math, the French are paying $3.88 per person, and Britons $3.69 per person.)

^ from your source.

According to the cost-sharing formula, the approximate total share of the wealthiest major allies (presuming NATO spends the maximum allowed on capital investments) for 2017 is:

• U.S. $540.32 million

• France $259.46 million

• U.K. $240.3 million

On a per capita basis, that means Americans are paying far less than Germans, roughly $1.68 per person for the 2017 NATO budget. On a per capita basis, Germans are paying more than 2.5 times as much: $4.39 per person. (By this same math, the French are paying $3.88 per person, and Britons $3.69 per person.)
    Per capita doesn’t matter at all if that’s not what the commitment was based on.

Same with issues like emissions agreements of Kyoto, Paris etc. The time for changing the targets, terms and methodology is before we agree on targets, terms and methodology. Moreover, like Kyoto Canada seems to have agreed to something and then proceeded to do little to nothing to meet our commitment.

^ from your source.

• U.S. $540.32 million

• France $259.46 million

• U.K. $240.3 million

Per capita doesn’t matter at all if that’s not what the commitment was based on.

Same with issues like emissions agreements of Kyoto, Paris etc. The time for changing the targets, terms and methodology is before we agree on targets, terms and methodology. Moreover, like Kyoto Canada seems to have agreed to something and then proceeded to do little to nothing to meet our commitment.
    The per person amounts might not matter to you, but they might matter to the taxpayers in Germany, France and Britain, you know the ones that elect their governments. I also can't see that Trumps belligerent approach will get more support in those countries for them spending more on NATO so the US can spend less, but I think his real objective is not to improve NATO, but to sabotage or destroy it.

From Fintan O'Toole of The Irish Times

Fintan O’Toole: Trial runs for fascism are in full flow
    Babies in cages were no ‘mistake’ by Trump but test-marketing for barbarism

To grasp what is going on in the world right now, we need to reflect on two things. One is that we are in a phase of trial runs. The other is that what is being trialled is fascism – a word that should be used carefully but not shirked when it is so clearly on the horizon. Forget “post-fascist” – what we are living with is pre-fascism.

It is easy to dismiss Donald Trump as an ignoramus, not least because he is. But he has an acute understanding of one thing: test marketing. He created himself in the gossip pages of the New York tabloids, where celebrity is manufactured by planting outrageous stories that you can later confirm or deny depending on how they go down. And he recreated himself in reality TV where the storylines can be adjusted according to the ratings. Put something out there, pull it back, adjust, go again.

Fascism doesn’t arise suddenly in an existing democracy. It is not easy to get people to give up their ideas of freedom and civility. You have to do trial runs that, if they are done well, serve two purposes. They get people used to something they may initially recoil from; and they allow you to refine and calibrate. This is what is happening now and we would be fools not to see it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/f...flow-1.3543375

“Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Every time he says this I think it should be sung to the tune of "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General" from The Pirates of Penzance.

Trump claims that the recorded interview he just had was "fake news"

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...-was-fake-news

As a giant Trump baby balloon flew over London and protesters gathered in the streets, President Trump held a press conference alongside U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May, where he insisted that things he said in a recorded interview were “fake news” and briefly criticized the entire concept of immigration.

At one point during his rambling 50-minute conference Thursday afternoon, the president explained he believes immigration is bad because it has the effect of “changing the culture," and warned someone, though it was not clear who, to "watch themselves," prompting May to register her disagreement.

“I think they better watch themselves because you are changing culture, you are changing a lot of things,” Trump said. “It’s a very sad situation. It’s very unfortunate, but I do not think it’s good for Europe and I don’t think it’s good for our country.”

May interjected, saying, “Over the years, overall, immigration has been good for the U.K."

Notice that he didn't say "illegal immigration" He said "immigration."

It's no accident that he's talking like that in Europe. He's presenting the case that certain countries should only allow white people to immigrate. Dog whistle to his white supremacist supporters back home.

Donald Trump was 12 minutes late to tea with the Queen

https://globalnews.ca/news/4331246/d...ueen-tea-late/

Quote Originally Posted by Glenco View Post

I can't imagine she was thrilled about that. Perhaps she spent that some of that time thinking about the old days when disrespect to the Monarch had more serious consequences. Would you like to see the Tower of London, Mr. Trump?

Standard procedure for him. He's always late for meetings as well. Like his time as CEO, it means the meeting can't start until he gets there.

Then he walked beside the Queen rather than the respectful one pace behind. He does not understand Royal protocols.

Such a buffoon or shall we say baby balloon?

The guy's a walking mockery of everything. Such a piece of sludge.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Hahaha. So funny. As an anti establishment type myself it’s hilarious, and even funnier hearing you bloaks cry over it. 😂🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenco View Post

I can't imagine she was thrilled about that. Perhaps she spent that some of that time thinking about the old days when disrespect to the Monarch had more serious consequences. Would you like to see the Tower of London, Mr. Trump?
    A majority of ruling monarchs and families in the world have been either killed off or are off in hiding somewhere. We remain one of the few that waste our money on them. Canada contributes over $25M to the royal family per year. There are 53 member commonwealth countries. Do the math. Trump is not a subject, like us, why should he stoop and bow to our queen.(havn’t had my morning coffee yet. grrr. lol)

Then he walked beside the Queen rather than the respectful one pace behind. He does not understand Royal protocols.
    Since the US defeated England in a war to gain their independence, there is no way the US President should ever walk behind the British Monarch.

I love Trump's stance to the British Royals. They are nobodies to the USA.

I’m hearing a lot of “Meghan Markel, America’s princess” on the gossip shows. Maybe they’re starting a royal family. 😊Maybe they should pay for her share of the waste. Not. That’d be us.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 14-07-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I’m hearing a lot of “Meghan Markel, America’s princess” on the gossip shows. Maybe they’re starting a royal family. Maybe they should pay for her share of the waste. Not. That’d be us.
    She's spent a million on clothes , since her wedding!
    Didnt Mrs Obama put her arm around the queens waist ?another no no!

If that is true, she does have her own money from her career. She can do with her money what she wants.

BTW, what does Meghan's clothes have to do with this Trump thread other than to derail it.

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 14-07-2018 at 10:52 AM.

If that is true, she does have her own money from her career. She can do with her money what she wants.

BTW, what does Meghan's clothes have to do with this Trump thread other than to derail it.
    She didnt spend her own money,lol!
    Someone mentioned the US and the monarchy..it fits. Are you the new moderator now?
    Have a good one!

Hello Lady said "She didn't spend her own money"

Source please.

Hello Lady said "She didn't spend her own money"

Source please.
    When you use my handle, then and only then will I post to you again. I have asked on several occasions, and you don't comply.
    Oh, and try Google!
    Last edited by H.L.; 14-07-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    I’m hearing a lot of “Meghan Markel, America’s princess” on the gossip shows. Maybe they’re starting a royal family. Maybe they should pay for her share of the waste. Not. That’d be us.
    She's spent a million on clothes , since her wedding!
    Didnt Mrs Obama put her arm around the queens waist ?another no no!
    I am calling your statement Fake News.

She has not spent a million dollars on clothes. She has spent only a reported £155,000 on clothes. The reports say "Could" and "if" the trend continues.

I am not defending her but calling out your false statement.

Since the royal wedding on 19 May this year, the Duchess of Sussex has spent £155,000 on clothes, according to the Daily Mail. Highlights include a £3,922 Oscar de la Renta dress worn for Celia McCorquodale’s wedding last month.

A cream outfit worn alongside the Queen in Chester last month was said to have cost a total of £10,000. This included a £4,000 cape dress designed by Meghan’s wedding dress designer Clare Waight Keller.

Meghan could end up spending some £1 million on clothes this year if her current budgeting is anything to go by. “If she continues at her current rate, she could spend almost £1 million by the end of the year,” said the Daily Mail.
    https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...st-update-live

Yes because she's obviously going to continue the clothes shopping trends she had while she was buying clothes for a royal wedding. Either way, the royal family brings way more money to the UK through tourist dollars than they cost tax payers so it's a moot point.

At least King Donald was annointed by the citizens not heredity. (hardy har har).

Knew you’d like that one PRT

Yes because she's obviously going to continue the clothes shopping trends she had while she was buying clothes for a royal wedding. Either way, the royal family brings way more money to the UK through tourist dollars than they cost tax payers so it's a moot point.
    Are you sure about that? I'm not...

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...meghan-markle/

Seems she paid for her own clothes, until he put a ring on it..
    Last edited by H.L.; 14-07-2018 at 03:14 PM.

At least King Donald was annointed by the citizens not heredity. (hardy har har).
    Correction

We all know that King Donald was annointed by Vladimir Putin.

Since the US defeated England in a war to gain their independence, there is no way the US President should ever walk behind the British Monarch.

What about respecting the traditions, culture, ways, laws, etc of the country you enter?

As for Trump’s stance to the British Royals, that’s fair considering the US is independent of Britain but I’m not sure if you as a Canadian should “love” that stance and still consider yourself a ‘true patriot Canadian’.

I’m not sure of your family history, but your forebearers likely pledged allegiance to one or other royal as part of the conditions required of immigrants in order to become Canadian.

Those born to immigrants often benefit from all that their parents did to bring them to this country and I’m sure don’t object to the benefits provided by the new country that they receive such as: the rule of law, inheritance, property rights, freedoms, etc. However when rights come with obligations often immigrants and progeny of immigrants prefer to embrace the rights but not necessarily the obligations, past enabling agreements - and loyalties.
    Last edited by KC; 14-07-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Respect isn't a word in his vocabulary unless you're one of his dictator pals like Putin or Kim or Duarte.

...or Erdoğan.

He has put about 100,000 political prisoners in jail.

Trump was at the NATO summit asking for pointers on how he did it and how he locked up journalists.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 14-07-2018 at 05:42 PM.

What about respecting the traditions, culture, ways, laws, etc of the country you enter?

As for Trump’s stance to the British Royals, that’s fair considering the US is independent of Britain but I’m not sure if you as a Canadian should “love” that stance and still consider yourself a ‘true patriot Canadian’.

I’m not sure of your family history, but your forebearers likely pledged allegiance to one or other royal as part of the conditions required of immigrants in order to become Canadian.

Those born to immigrants often benefit from all that their parents did to bring them to this country and I’m sure don’t object to the benefits provided by the new country that they receive such as: the rule of law, inheritance, property rights, freedoms, etc. However when rights come with obligations often immigrants and progeny of immigrants prefer to embrace the rights but not necessarily the obligations, past enabling agreements - and loyalties.

He was walking with her majesty, but stopped abruptly when they were inspecting the guard, that's when she walked around him. He really was unsure where to walk. He's boorish , yes,but he didn't do this purposely, plus there actually isn't a rule about walking ahead of her, although it is considered a no no.
    Obama's wife broke protocol, with the arm wrapped around the queens waist, Obama also didn't bow..JT did, as she's his head of state,

Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast