Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,800 of 3069

Thread: Trump - misc

  1. #2701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    i also happen to believe that it might not even matter what trump does or doesn’t believe, his actions and his statements encourage and embolden those who would create a culture in which nazi supporters and sympathizers thrive in the open. whether consciously or unconsciously doesn’t matter. and it’s hard to believe it’s unconsiously when he retweets right wing poison like this and chastises britain for harbouring muslim extremism but there are no retweets of anti-gun legislation proponents in the u.s. attempting to stop the daily slaughter of americans including the all too regular mass murder of elementary school students and church goers of all denominations. britain is still a safer home for its citizens than the u.s. and what trump is doing is the same as what you are doing - pure deflection.

    You think bringing attention to Muslim extremists throwing gays off rooftops or destroying Christian religious symbols "right wing poison"?

    The only reason Trump needs to bring attention to it is because the media picks and chooses who to demonize. And to them, violence from "white" people is widely condemned (as it should be, and notice it is loudly condemned by everybody), yet all other forms of hate-motivated violence is largely ignored. And it shouldn't be - all violence and acts of religiously-motivated hatred needs to be condemned.
    do you really expect us to believe the media doesn’t report muslim extremism - real muslim extremism, not fake news - so trump has to retweet these things to the world instead?

    and do you really expect us to believe the american president shouldn’t be doing anything about his country's need to curb gun violence between its own citizens - not even tweeting about it! - because it’s already reported enough in the media?

    really? that’s your defence and your excuse for this man’s actions and non-actions?
    In just about ever modern war governments on both sides have spread propaganda. It's still being spread although the new medium to spread it is social media. Trump being Trump takes the path of least resistance and just mindlessly forwards stuff he thinks helps his cause. He does not stop to think or analyze the effects of this. I should imagine in WW11 they would sit at tables and plan how they were going to manipulate/pull the wool/confuse the enemy and have a strategy how it was going to be delivered. Trump has no filters so he just sends stuff to his Twitter feed without any thought. One of the biggest weapons in Trumps arsenal is his cell phone. Unfortunately he uses the weapon more against himself then anybody else.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

  2. #2702

    Default

    Here's the mindset of the Roy Moore apologists. And don't forget, Trump has said (Speaking of his daughter Ivanka)
    “I have a deal with her. She’s 17 and doing great — Ivanka. She made me promise, swear to her that I would never date a girl younger than her,” Trump said during a taping of Howard Stern’s radio show in June 1999. “So as she grows older, the field is getting very limited.”

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2813061

  3. #2703
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    do you really expect us to believe the media doesn’t report muslim extremism - real muslim extremism, not fake news - so trump has to retweet these things to the world instead?
    I don't expect to change anyone's minds (most people never change their minds on anything), but I do think that people need to at least acknowledge that whenever there is violent Islamic extremism, our media treats the perpetrators and Islam (which is a violent ideology that has not undergone a reformation to become moderate) with kid gloves. I believe our media needs to condemn fundamental Islamic ideology as harshly as they condemn neo-Nazis and white supremacists. Our media is incredibly careful and afraid about how they talk about violence and hate perpetrated through Islamic ideology (including violence towards other Muslims), but everyone can openly and harshly attack violence caused by white supremacy. That itself really shows whose ideology we all should truly be afraid of, and also shows that nobody is actually afraid of retaliation from white supremacists.
    our media is no more careful or afraid about how they talk about violence and hate "perpetrated through islamic ideology" than they are towards violence and hate perpetrated through any other ideology. you seem incapable of recognizing that not all muslims - probably not even all of those practicing fundamental sects - are responsible for or condone violence any more than all christians - probably not even all of those practicing fundamental sects - are responsible for or condone violence. you can't equate islam with violence the way you and trump attempt to without also equating christianity or buddhism or hinduism with violence in exactly the same fashion. you don't because you know that doing so would expose the assumption as pure nonsense. you're both choosing not to may not, providing the benefit of a doubt, say anything about your beliefs but it does say a lot about what you're saying it enables. despite your protestations about detesting all violence regardless of who carries it out, unless you're going to call for our media to report all violence as radical muslim/christian/buddhist/hindu ideology whether the labels are accurate or not, you and the american president you support so strongly are only asking to be painted with the brush being used.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    and do you really expect us to believe the american president shouldn’t be doing anything about his country's need to curb gun violence between its own citizens - not even tweeting about it! - because it’s already reported enough in the media?
    The US is an outlier in the Western world for ALL violent crime, not just gun crime. So I think the USA needs to focus on reduction of ALL crime, not just gun crime. Focusing just on guns is very narrow-minded. I think Trump is attempting to crack down on all violent crimes, by first rounding up and deporting illegal aliens living in the USA, many of whom are members of violent Guatemalan and Mexican gangs. There have been record arrests of gangs this year.
    maybe you're right on this one...

    the u.s. is an outlier in the western world for all violent crime and focusing on guns alone might be too narrow-minded. maybe the true focus should be on the root cause being fundamental christian values to which too many americans want to mould their country?

    or maybe none of it is really an american problem after all. maybe the focus should be on those foreign communities in the u.s. harbouring members of violent gangs. like the 11.2% of people living in the u.s. who identify as mexican. or the 0.31% of them who are guatamalan. because it sure wouldn't be the 4.65% who are italian who harbor violent gang members or the 17% who identify as being irish. and it sure couldn't be the 1% who identify as russian...

    yessirree bob, it must be those radical islam ideologues and their guatamalan and mexican cohorts who are the root cause of it all.
    Last edited by kcantor; 30-11-2017 at 01:42 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  4. #2704

    Default

    Look! Terrorists!!!


  5. #2705

    Default

    ^^ and if you get them young, they are pure...

    You can't expect a guy to be pure.



    It is like buying a car, he should shop around and test drive several models and then pick a fresh one. Let the other guys have the used demo models. FFS
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  6. #2706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    I condemn all violence and violent acts, especially those done for political, racial or religious reasons. And I have all along.

    However, I notice that others only condemn violence perpetrated by certain people, or more strongly condemn specific types of violence and downplays the rest. The media does this as well.
    Actually the reverse is true

    If anything is downplayed in the US Media is gun violence perpetrated by right wing white males.

    When Is It 'Terrorism'? How The Media Cover Attacks By Muslim Perpetrators
    https://www.npr.org/2017/06/19/53296...m-perpetrators
    June 19, 2017

    President Trump has often accused the news media of not covering terrorist attacks adequately. In a speech in February he said, "Radical Islamic terrorists are determined to strike our homeland as they did on 9/11, as they did from Boston to Orlando to San Bernardino [...] It's gotten to a point where it's not even being reported."

    New research from Erin Kearns and colleagues at Georgia State University shows that the president is right — sort of. There is a systematic bias in the way terrorism is covered — just not in the way the president thinks.


    Kearns says the "terrorism" label is often only applied to cases where the perpetrator is Muslim. And, those cases also receive significantly more news coverage.

    "When the perpetrator is Muslim, you can expect that attack to receive about four and a half times more media coverage than if the perpetrator was not Muslim," Kearns says. Put another way, "a perpetrator who is not Muslim would have to kill on average about seven more people to receive the same amount of coverage as a perpetrator who's Muslim."
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  7. #2707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    you can't equate islam with violence the way you and trump attempt to without also equating christianity or buddhism or hinduism with violence in exactly the same fashion.
    It depends what the violence is being done in the name of, though. There is a lot more death, violence, subjugation, slavery, and trampling of human rights around the world done under the name of Islam than is being done in the name of any other religion. Christians are primary victims of this violence all over the world as well, yet nobody seems to know that because our media acts as though Muslims are some kind of "oppressed" minority group (spoiler: Muslims aren't).



    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    maybe the focus should be on those foreign communities in the u.s. harbouring members of violent gangs. like the 11.2% of people living in the u.s. who identify as mexican. or the 0.31% of them who are guatamalan. because it sure wouldn't be the 4.65% who are italian who harbor violent gang members or the 17% who identify as being irish. and it sure couldn't be the 1% who identify as russian...
    Yes, a minority of people CAN be responsible for the majority of certain types of crime.

  8. #2708

    Default

    Lindsey Graham wins the "Human Pretzel" award.

    One short video illustrating Lindsey Graham’s stunning hypocrisy on Trump
    He defended the president using the exact same language he once used to criticize him.


    “You know what concerns me about the American press is this endless, endless attempt to label the guy as some kind of kook not fit to be president,” Graham said.


    The notion that Trump is “some kind of kook not fit to be president” isn’t merely a media creation, however. Graham himself used those exact same words to criticize Trump during a Fox News interview in February 2016, back when he was supporting Jeb Bush.


    “I’m not gonna try to get into the mind of Donald Trump, because I don’t think there’s a whole lot of space there,” Graham said back then. “I think he’s a kook. I think he’s crazy. I think he’s unfit for office.”

    https://thinkprogress.org/one-short-...-3d71327aed4c/

  9. #2709
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    you can't equate islam with violence the way you and trump attempt to without also equating christianity or buddhism or hinduism with violence in exactly the same fashion.
    It depends what the violence is being done in the name of, though. There is a lot more death, violence, subjugation, slavery, and trampling of human rights around the world done under the name of Islam than is being done in the name of any other religion. Christians are primary victims of this violence all over the world as well, yet nobody seems to know that because our media acts as though Muslims are some kind of "oppressed" minority group (spoiler: Muslims aren't).



    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    maybe the focus should be on those foreign communities in the u.s. harbouring members of violent gangs. like the 11.2% of people living in the u.s. who identify as mexican. or the 0.31% of them who are guatamalan. because it sure wouldn't be the 4.65% who are italian who harbor violent gang members or the 17% who identify as being irish. and it sure couldn't be the 1% who identify as russian...
    Yes, a minority of people CAN be responsible for the majority of certain types of crime.
    it must be nice to be able to make such completely unsubstantiated arguments knowing that you can always fall back on the "i know it's true - or could be true - even if i can't substantiate any of it with a single legitimate source because it's our media's fault for simply not reporting it".

    can't you figure out how completely wrong you are if for no other reason than how often you're making Edmonton PRT and kkozoriz agree with me?
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  10. #2710

    Default

    He's already established that his opinions are freely exchangeable for facts or verified sources.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  11. #2711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    can't you figure out how completely wrong you are if for no other reason than how often you're making Edmonton PRT and kkozoriz agree with me?
    That said, my job is done here.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  12. #2712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    can't you figure out how completely wrong you are if for no other reason than how often you're making Edmonton PRT and kkozoriz agree with me?
    Got it a little backwards there Ken. It's how often he makes PRT and you agree with me!

  13. #2713

    Default

    I almost had coffee shoot out my nose when MrO stated/alluded/inferred that Ken was "left".
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  14. #2714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    you can't equate islam with violence the way you and trump attempt to without also equating christianity or buddhism or hinduism with violence in exactly the same fashion.
    It depends what the violence is being done in the name of, though. There is a lot more death, violence, subjugation, slavery, and trampling of human rights around the world done under the name of Islam than is being done in the name of any other religion. Christians are primary victims of this violence all over the world as well, yet nobody seems to know that because our media acts as though Muslims are some kind of "oppressed" minority group (spoiler: Muslims aren't).



    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    maybe the focus should be on those foreign communities in the u.s. harbouring members of violent gangs. like the 11.2% of people living in the u.s. who identify as mexican. or the 0.31% of them who are guatamalan. because it sure wouldn't be the 4.65% who are italian who harbor violent gang members or the 17% who identify as being irish. and it sure couldn't be the 1% who identify as russian...
    Yes, a minority of people CAN be responsible for the majority of certain types of crime.
    it must be nice to be able to make such completely unsubstantiated arguments
    What did I say here that is untrue?

  15. #2715
    C2E Posting Power
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    I don't even know anymore :/
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    You peddle in neo-Nazi fodder that is purely being used to distribute hate.
    Pointing out the abhorrence of physically assaulting the disabled, deliberate destruction of Christian religious symbols, and throwing gays off of rooftops and beating them to death afterwards should be encouraged. Especially since people like you say that acknowledging the existence of such violence is "neo-nazi fodder". We are heading to a dangerous place if you simply accept those things in the videos, simply because the violence isn't caused by "whites".
    How much of a bigot are you? A bigot is a person who refuses to change their opinion when faced with facts. Facts matter.

    All three videos the Liar in Chief retweeted have been proven to not represent what they proport and you insanely parrot.

    This is YOUR problem, cognitive dissonance. You ignore 3 posts with the facts (#266, 2667 & 2675)

    You keep posting a belief that Trump was correct to retweet fake news that purports muslims are bad yet you ignore the FACTS. Facts matter!

    Claim -The physically assaulting the disabled by Muslim migrant, Fact: Attack was perpetrated by a Dutch born non-Muslim, and was arrested by Dutch police

    Claim -Muslim deliberate destruction of Christian religious symbols, Fact: Yes, this was staged by Al Qaeda in their propaganda video. Do you approve the POTUS spreading Al Qaeda hate videos?

    Claim -Muslim throwing gays off of rooftops and beating them to death afterwards, Fact: Video footage of two youths being thrown from the roof in mid-2013 during the clashes between anti-coup protesters and el-Sissi supporters and the Egyptian security forces. There is no evidence that either youths killed were gay. Mahmoud Ramadan, was hanged for the murder in 2015




    Here is post 2667 again to prove you wrong, again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    How is posting a video of Muslim people clearly smashing a statue of Virgin Mary or throwing a person off a rooftop, "islamophobic"?
    When the sources are neo-fascists that have been convicted and imprisoned for hate crimes...

    And when the actual evidence in one example was a Dutch born citizen that was not a Muslim was the actual attacker

    The video titled "Muslim migrant beats up Dutch boy on crutches!" was originally shared by Dumpert – a Dutch video-website – who removed the video at the request of the police and the victim, when the perpetrator was named in the comments and arrested. The maker of the video was also arrested following the incident. There is, however, nothing on this original site to indicate that the perpetrator was either Muslim or a migrant. Since Donald Trump’s retweet, GeenStijl – the Dutch right-leaning blog that owns Dumpert – have also commented on the retweets, claiming the perpetrator was "not a Muslim, let alone a migrant, but just a Dutch guy".


    In their words: "No Muslim. No migrant. #FakeNews."
    The video "Islamist mob pushes teenage boy off roof and beats him to death!" dates back to 2013, when a young man was pushed from the roof of a building in Alexandria, Egypt. It was part of the bloody summer of violence which followed the overthrowing of president Mohamed Morsi. The perpetrator, Mahmoud Ramadan, was hanged for the murder in 2015.
    The final video, "Muslim Destroys a Statue of Virgin Mary!", depicts pretty much exactly what the title indicates. It is perhaps worth noting that in the first three months of this year, acts of violence, vandalism and aggression towards mosques in the US doubled compared to the same period in 2016.

    In the past few years, Britain First have graduated from a fringe BNP offshoot to becoming one of the UK's more organised far-right groups. In the wake of the English Defence League’s collapse, Britain First reached notoriety when they set up a "Christian Patrol" in response to Islamist preacher Anjem Choudary’s Muslim Patrol in east London. VICE had a run-in with the group earlier this year, at a protest they held in Westminster after the terror attacks there in March. However, they are perhaps best known for their online presence, both on Twitter and Facebook, where they make and share a range of memes and images – ranging from relatively innocuous poppy-baiting to the sort of violently anti-Muslim content the president just retweeted.
    https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/q...just-retweeted
    Then you wonder why people call you a bigot.

    Please don't bother to claim that these videos represent what Trump intended them to represent.

    MrAltReich, YOU are a purveyor of fake news.
    I predict he will choose to ignore this post that show's the Trump was spreading false information.

  16. #2716

    Default

    Well if that's the case then all that stuff happening in those videos is OK? Are you claiming that Al-Qaeda and Egyptians are not Muslim?

    Alright, I'll play along.



    What a lovely bunch of stuff in those videos. How dare Trump share them with anyone. Trump is more hateful and violent than the guy beating that disabled boy in that video! How dare anyone condemn that violence they are doing! Condemning them for that is HATE SPEECH!!!
    Last edited by MrOilers; 30-11-2017 at 06:17 PM.

  17. #2717

    Default

    I would like to see someone from the left, just for once, acknowledge the mass persecution of tens of millions of Christians around the world. For some reason they are always OK with it.


    (side note: I am not Christian)

  18. #2718

    Default

    Here you go, The Hill (labelled as a left of centre publication I believe):

    Middle East Christians suffer genocide, the world just finger-wags | TheHill

    http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...hile-the-world

  19. #2719

    Default

    Another view:


    Richard Dawkins Slams Islam as 'Ignominious Loser' Amid Reports Muslim Defectors Live in Constant Fear of Persecution

    By LEAH MARIEANN KLETT ( [email protected] ) Nov 29, 2017


    ...

    "
    Many of the men, who wore masks to disguise their identity, revealed they secretly broke ties with Islam while in school and remain afraid of what can happen if their families or communities find out they are no longer believers.
    "I'm wearing a mask because I have to hide who I am. Otherwise, what I'm going to say will have very serious consequences for me," a man in his early twenties told Norwegian national broadcaster NRK.
    Another man revealed that sometimes, Muslim family members will physically punish those who leave the faith.

    "It would drag shame over the family. One can get frozen out, threatened. It may even be physical," a Pakistani-Norwegian man said, explaining that his parents blamed Norwegian society and school for "putting ideas into his head."


    ...

    Dawkins is a frequent critic of Islam, prompting Berkeley's KPFA Radio to drop the famed author from speaking in August due to his "abusive speech" against the Muslim community.

    "I am known as a frequent critic of Christianity and have never been de-platformed for that," Dawkins wrote in an open letter he shared on his website. "Why do you give Islam a free pass? Why is it fine to criticize Christianity but not Islam?"
    At the time, Dawkins called the decision "truly astonishing" and said that he had "never used abusive speech against Islam", adding that while he has called Islamism "vile", Islamism is not the same as Islam. ...”


    http://www.gospelherald.com/articles...-defectors.htm
    Last edited by KC; 30-11-2017 at 08:00 PM.

  20. #2720

    Default

    We Meant Well: The Millions Dead Were an Excess of Enthusiasm

    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/eidos/2...ss-enthusiasm/


    Rampant religious persecution against atheists: Robert P. George

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...lumn/83846874/

    Impact of the Russian religious revolution - News - Fort Leavenworth - Fort Leavenworth, KS - Fort Leavenworth, KS

    http://m.ftleavenworthlamp.com/news/...ous-revolution


    Pat Robertson To Grieving Mom: God Killed Son To Prevent Him From Being Atheist

    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progres...event-atheist/
    Last edited by KC; 30-11-2017 at 08:17 PM.

  21. #2721

    Default

    More on Roy Moore

    The pattern continues

    Textbook co-authored by Roy Moore in 2011 says women shouldn’t run for office
    https://thinkprogress.org/moore-stud...-135402ed8816/

    Alabama Republican Senate Candidate Roy Moore co-authored a study course, published in 2011 and recently obtained by ThinkProgress, that instructs students that women should not be permitted to run for elected office. If women do run for office, the course argues, people have a moral obligation not to vote for them. The course is also critical of the women’s suffrage movement, which in 1920 secured some American women the right to vote.

    The course, called “Law and Government: An Introductory Study Course,” includes 28 hours of audio and visual lectures given by Moore and others, as well as a study guide. The course is available for purchase on Amazon, where “Chief Justice Roy Moore” is listed as a co-author alongside Doug Phillips, Dr. Joseph C. Morecraft, and Dr. Paul Jehle.
    For at least a decade, dating back to 1999, Moore served on the “faculty” of Vision Forum’s so-called “Witherspoon School of Law and Public Policy.” Not a school at all, Witherspoon was instead a series of four-day crash courses that taught men — and only men — that the Bible is the source of “law and liberty and the only sure foundation for addressing the challenging ethical questions of the twenty-first century.”
    Vision Forum closed in 2013 after Phillips resigned, having admitted to a “lengthy” and “inappropriately romantic and affectionate” relationship with a woman who was not his wife. Shortly thereafter, that woman, Lourdes Torres-Manteufel, sued Phillips and Vision Forum, detailing an emotionally, psychologically, and sexually abusive relationship that started when she was just 15 years old.
    Moore looks like he did the same thing as Phillips...

    Birds of a feather, flock together...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  22. #2722

    Default

    Jimmy Kimmel on Roy Moore twitter battle

    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  23. #2723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    I would like to see someone from the left, just for once, acknowledge the mass persecution of tens of millions of Christians around the world. For some reason they are always OK with it.


    (side note: I am not Christian)
    Please show with a reliable source:

    1) mass persecution of tens of millions of Christians around the world
    2) Where anyone on the left said they were always okay with 1), if 1) were actually true.

  24. #2724

    Default

    MrAltReich set up the question in the same manner as: "So when did you stop beating your wife and why are you always OK with spousal abuse?"

    The entire premise is a setup based upon a lie that we are ok with Christians being persecuted, even when I for one, am a Christian. FYI, being a Christian means following the commandment to treat others as you wish to be treated so I do not persecute Muslims or other people regardless of their faith or non-belief.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 01-12-2017 at 10:26 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  25. #2725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    I would like to see someone from the left, just for once, acknowledge the mass persecution of tens of millions of Christians around the world. For some reason they are always OK with it.


    (side note: I am not Christian)
    Please show with a reliable source:

    1) mass persecution of tens of millions of Christians around the world
    2) Where anyone on the left said they were always okay with 1), if 1) were actually true.

    I am not shocked that this fact surprises you.

    The fact that you need to ask me for an information source for the tens of millions (maybe even as high as a hundred million) of Christians facing mass persecution and genocide across the Middle East, North & East Africa, and large parts of Asia really underlines how sheltered we are from this sort of thing here, and also emphasizes the fact that our news media is failing to educate us on major humanitarian and human rights abuses around the world, and most of this religious persecution is led by violent Muslims.

    Dozens of churches are burned/destroyed and the people inside attacked and/or murdered on a weekly basis in numerous countries (almost all by Muslim attackers), and nobody bats an eye or even believes it when they hear it.

  26. #2726

    Default

    But no source?

    Make with the sources or make with the silence.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  27. #2727

  28. #2728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    What about Christians, or anyone talking about the persecution of atheists? (Their treatment was far, far worse under ISIS and probably under many religious powers.)

    Googling: mass persecution Christians, yielded many, many christian religious sites mentioning it. Not much else on the first few pages. One Fox News link I recall. Google mass persecution atheist turned up very little.

    'Me thinks' everyone cares about their own and only there own, but doesn't really give a **** about other humans, other religious groups, etc. despite their near universal positions that they are for peace, are a "religion of peace", are for charity towards others, peaceful coexistence, and tolerance towards other non-believers, etc. To me they all look - like TRIBES and behave - like tribes, and have no real concern for others - like tribes.



    Discrimination against atheists
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discri...ainst_atheists

    Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-r...9B900G20131210

    Atheists Face Discrimination On A Shocking Level (INFOGRAPHIC)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/a...tion_n_5531296

    Atheists around world suffer persecution, discrimination: report
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-r...8B900520121210




    And agnostics don't even get a modest amount of coverage. (Google just skips to athiest references)

    Persecution of Agnostics on Rise During Holidays
    https://conchapman.wordpress.com/201...ring-holidays/



    Human Rights for Atheists, Agnostics, and Secularists - Michael Sherlock
    http://www.atheistrepublic.com/blog/...nd-secularists
    Last edited by KC; 01-12-2017 at 10:58 AM.

  29. #2729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    What about Christians talking about the persecution of atheists?
    Almost everyone seems to persecute atheists. I am sure even atheists persecute other atheists.

    But yeah, I totally agree with your post.

    But when you look at followers of which religion is primarily acting out in violence (in the name of their religion) towards others, Islam stands out as the biggest offender. What I want to know is why those on the political left so quickly rush to Islam's defense? they don't seem to do it when Christian people get slaughtered.

  30. #2730
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    But no source?

    Make with the sources or make with the silence.
    Michael Coren wrote a pretty good book a few years back entitled “Hatred: Islam’s war on Christianity”. A provocative title, sure, but it was a pretty well reasesrched book about the dangers faced by Christians in the Muslim world. There is a lot of violence perpetrated on Christians in these countries. Not all of it state sanctioned but many states do turn a blind eye to it somewhat.

    Egypt stands out as a country trying to reign in violence against Christians which is good.

  31. #2731
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    no, it's not a good starting point, it's simply more obfuscation attempting to cloak the fact you're wrong.

    your hypothesis is that (a) it takes place and (b) it is unreported and (c) that no-one on the "progressive left" (including me ) knows or cares.

    (a) no-one has disputed that it takes place.

    (b) how do we know that it takes place if it has gone unreported?

    (c) how do you justify the accusations you continually make that the "progressive left", including me, doesn't care?

    you can don the cloak as much as you want but it will do nothing but reinforce the fact that the emperor has no clothes.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  32. #2732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    I would like to see someone from the left, just for once, acknowledge the mass persecution of tens of millions of Christians around the world. For some reason they are always OK with it.


    (side note: I am not Christian)
    Please show with a reliable source:

    1) mass persecution of tens of millions of Christians around the world
    2) Where anyone on the left said they were always okay with 1), if 1) were actually true.

    I am not shocked that this fact surprises you.
    Whoa there, I never said this surprises me. You're putting words in my mouth that I've never said or typed. Good grief.


    The fact that you need to ask me for an information source for the tens of millions (maybe even as high as a hundred million) of Christians facing mass persecution and genocide across the Middle East, North & East Africa, and large parts of Asia really underlines how sheltered we are from this sort of thing here, and also emphasizes the fact that our news media is failing to educate us on major humanitarian and human rights abuses around the world, and most of this religious persecution is led by violent Muslims.

    Dozens of churches are burned/destroyed and the people inside attacked and/or murdered on a weekly basis in numerous countries (almost all by Muslim attackers), and nobody bats an eye or even believes it when they hear it.
    Maybe you need a history lesson. It's not just christians that are facing mass persecution and genocide, and blaming muslims for it is what is wrong with you. Muslims aren't doing it. Just like the catholics weren't responsible for the what the IRA did. You're attempting to label all muslims as bad people. This is what is wrong with you. This is why people name call you. This is why you get so much grief on this board.

    You seem to be blaming all muslims for what a few terrorist do. There's over 1.5 Billion peaceful muslims in the world that want exactly what me and you have today, the ability to live peacefully and freely.

  33. #2733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    There's over 1.5 Billion peaceful muslims in the world that want exactly what me and you have today, the ability to live peacefully and freely.
    Source please?

  34. #2734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    There's over 1.5 Billion peaceful muslims in the world that want exactly what me and you have today, the ability to live peacefully and freely.
    Source please?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim

  35. #2735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    There's over 1.5 Billion peaceful muslims in the world that want exactly what me and you have today, the ability to live peacefully and freely.
    Source please?
    By the way, I'm still waiting for your sources.

  36. #2736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    I would like to see someone from the left, just for once, acknowledge the mass persecution of tens of millions of Christians around the world. For some reason they are always OK with it.


    (side note: I am not Christian)
    Please show with a reliable source:

    1) mass persecution of tens of millions of Christians around the world
    2) Where anyone on the left said they were always okay with 1), if 1) were actually true.
    both these points have yet to have a source. Looks like someone is talking out their racist/hateful/mis-informed/alt-right/fear-mongering rear end again.

  37. #2737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    no, it's not a good starting point, it's simply more obfuscation attempting to cloak the fact you're wrong.

    your hypothesis is that (a) it takes place and (b) it is unreported and (c) that no-one on the "progressive left" (including me ) knows or cares.

    (a) no-one has disputed that it takes place.

    (b) how do we know that it takes place if it has gone unreported?

    (c) how do you justify the accusations you continually make that the "progressive left", including me, doesn't care?

    you can don the cloak as much as you want but it will do nothing but reinforce the fact that the emperor has no clothes.
    How can you even ask those things?


    First off:

    a) The very first thing that people did here on this very forum was question it.

    b) I said it is largely unreported in our mainstream media (which it is, and i challenge you to bring it up in a conversation with just about anybody, and they will disbelieve it at first and question you, because they "never heard anything about it on the news")

    c) I assume people don't care, because if you point out Muslims killing Christians, people on the political left tend to automatically sympathize with Muslims without looking into it (and I never said that YOU don't care).

    Disbelieve me if you want, but try stating a few facts about religious persecution to people and you'll find that they believe Muslims are the ones all suffering at the hands of Christians (when the reality is quite the opposite)
    Last edited by MrOilers; 01-12-2017 at 11:17 AM.

  38. #2738
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    But no source?

    Make with the sources or make with the silence.
    Michael Coren wrote a pretty good book a few years back entitled “Hatred: Islam’s war on Christianity”. A provocative title, sure, but it was a pretty well reasesrched book about the dangers faced by Christians in the Muslim world. There is a lot of violence perpetrated on Christians in these countries. Not all of it state sanctioned but many states do turn a blind eye to it somewhat.

    Egypt stands out as a country trying to reign in violence against Christians which is good.
    from michael coren's own twitter feed regarding his change of heart on same sex marriage:


    1. Replying to @michaelcoren
    2. You regret writing a book, but which one? Was it Hatred: Islam’s War on Christianity?


    1. Michael Coren‏Verified account @michaelcoren Sep 16


    1. Replying to _______
    2. No, I rather disowned some but not all of that. It was a few years ago now.


    michael has been on quite a mea culpa path the last few years... it will be interesting to see how far it continues to take him.
    Last edited by kcantor; 01-12-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  39. #2739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    There's over 1.5 Billion peaceful muslims in the world that want exactly what me and you have today, the ability to live peacefully and freely.
    Source please?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim
    Sorry - where in your source does it say the majority want to live 'peacefully and freely"?
    Last edited by MrOilers; 01-12-2017 at 11:16 AM.

  40. #2740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    What about Christians talking about the persecution of atheists?
    Almost everyone seems to persecute atheists. I am sure even atheists persecute other atheists.

    But yeah, I totally agree with your post.

    But when you look at followers of which religion is primarily acting out in violence (in the name of their religion) towards others, Islam stands out as the biggest offender. What I want to know is why those on the political left so quickly rush to Islam's defense? they don't seem to do it when Christian people get slaughtered.
    "I am sure even atheists persecute other atheists."

    Yes, and so it is with Islam, Christians and every other group. They all have a propensity to persecute their own.

    Now on the issue of global violence by Islam. Note that you are talking global violence and not domestic violence. Keep that in mind. Christians are not being mass persecuted in Canada, so it's not a huge public or media concern - in Canada for Canadians.

    In the western democracies, where citizens have rights and influence over the application of those rights, citizens can set standards of behaviour towards others based on our various and wildly mixed "ideals" with a narrowing of those based on Constitutional rights, historic Bills of Rights, cultural conventions and other hardline positions. Those same democracies have little influence over how other nations are treating their citizens and setting standards in their countries.

    So very rightly, Canadians should be very concerned that Canada and Canadians are behaving according to our constitutional and cultural beliefs towards those in our country. (Add in Britain and the Commonwealth nations as that is where Canadian loyalties are required to be placed at the utmost levels of citizenship/loyalty.) So, what is happening in other countries is a totally different matter where we have minimal influence or national right to interfere, beyond addressing them through the UN. So Islam may be a hostile religion to many other groupings of peoples (their own members, Christians, atheists, communists, democracy advocates, or whatever) those hostiles occur in other countries but should not be allowed to occur in Canada - not by Islam or any other ideological group.

    That said, in Canada anyone rushing to the defence of as you say "Islam" is in my perception more often just rushing to the defence of Canadians, refugees (of all faiths but regularly perceived of as all Islamic), and immigrants to Canada. Confusing that type of defence of Canadians with any defence of what is going on in other nations is a huge error by those picking on the so-called "left".

    Moreover, my guess is that those people perceiving a domestic left-wing Islamic bias, have themselves trans-national beliefs and/or ties where islam is a threat on some foreign soil (such as Christians, Hindus, immigrants with ties to other nations and beliefs' etc.). In fact, you have to wonder if those attacking domestic Islamic followers actually have more split-loyalty, a loyalty to a foreign entity and less direct loyalty to Canada. For instance, do those Christians in Canada that have a tendency to discriminate against Islamic followers in Canada actually have a greater loyalty to their foreign based religion and say the Pope than they do to the Canadian constitution? (Same applies to the followers of Islam. Is their most loyalty to Canada, the Queen and the Commonwealth or is it to their faith? A faith that like Communism and even Christianity to a great degree, tends to be anti-democracy by the way.)

    So I think those opposed to Islam see a defence of Islamic followers here in Canada as a defence of all islamic followers everywhere, as well as a threat to their own trans-national tribe (say Christians, Russian-Canadians, Indian-Canadians, etc.)
    Last edited by KC; 01-12-2017 at 11:32 AM.

  41. #2741

    Default

    It is know that Christians are persecuted around the world and they are arguably the most persecuted religion in the World. Saying that the left (and inferring the media) ignores Christian persecution is entirely false. Entirely false. Just because we talk about one group does not mean we are ignoring another. It is a false pretense.

    As far as religious persecution perpetrated by Muslims, the majority of the persecutions are between various sects of the Muslim faith, such as between Sunnis & Shias. This is similar to the historic persecution and many wars between Catholics and Protestants.





    More
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persec..._Muslim_groups
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  42. #2742

    Default

    Christians have killed a lot more innocent Muslims over the years than Muslims have killed innocent Christians. It's just that when "Christian" nations do it, they do it under cover of military action and top it off with a "God bless America" or something similar. Well over 100,000 civilians in Iraq. Over 30,000 in Afghanistan. Not to mention the Iran/Iraq War that the US backed Iraq with intelligence and chemical and conventional weapons. It wasn't Muslims who were blowing up Doctors Without Borders hospitals and then lying about it.

    Yes, there are Muslims who use their religion to spread hatred and intolerance. There's also Christians. And Sikhs. And Buddists. And Jews. and pretty much any faith you care to name. But they are, for the most part, minorities. Although the US tends to wrap their military actions in the flag and tie it up in a Christianity ribbon.

  43. #2743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    There's over 1.5 Billion peaceful muslims in the world that want exactly what me and you have today, the ability to live peacefully and freely.
    Source please?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim
    Sorry - where in your source does it say the majority want to live 'peacefully and freely"?
    Sorry - where in the world would you think they don't? You seem to be of the belief muslim = terrorist, which is just about as correct as catholic = terrorist.

  44. #2744

  45. #2745

  46. #2746
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    https://www.frontline.org.za/Files/P...tian%20Web.pdf. One of the reasons Vlad is so involved in Syria . To protect the Christians that are getting slaughtered there. He's a Christian and has become very devout in recent decades. Meanwhile the US has been backing the wrong sides any many of the confrontations on the Middle East and it ends up backfiring.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 01-12-2017 at 11:44 AM.

  47. #2747
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    no, it's not a good starting point, it's simply more obfuscation attempting to cloak the fact you're wrong.

    your hypothesis is that (a) it takes place and (b) it is unreported and (c) that no-one on the "progressive left" (including me ) knows or cares.

    (a) no-one has disputed that it takes place.

    (b) how do we know that it takes place if it has gone unreported?

    (c) how do you justify the accusations you continually make that the "progressive left", including me, doesn't care?

    you can don the cloak as much as you want but it will do nothing but reinforce the fact that the emperor has no clothes.
    How can you even ask those things?


    First off:

    a) The very first thing that people did here on this very forum was question it.

    b) I said it is largely unreported in our mainstream media (which it is, and i challenge you to bring it up in a conversation with just about anybody, and they will disbelieve it at first and question you, because they "never heard anything about it on the news")

    c) I assume people don't care, because if you point out Muslims killing Christians, people on the political left tend to automatically sympathize with Muslims without looking into it (and I never said that YOU don't care).

    Disbelieve me if you want, but try stating a few facts about religious persecution to people and you'll find that they believe Muslims are the ones all suffering at the hands of Christians (when the reality is quite the opposite)
    how can i even ask those things?????

    (a) because saying "the very first thing that people did here on this very forum was question it" is a lie.

    (b) because you didn't say "our mainstream media" - which would still be a lie even if you did - you consistently wrote "the media" which i suppose just makes it an even bigger lie..

    (c) because you do consistently assume whatever you want about other people and their motives even when you've been proven to be in error. which makes repeating those assumptions a lie as well.

    disbelieve you "if i want"?????

    i disbelieve you not because i want to but because you're consistently proven to be lying.

    although you do have good company in the president of the united states you so much like to defend and excuse.

    and following that "if i want" with yet another silly-assed and completely wrong fabricated piece of conjecture that only you would assume to be correct is just another example of you trying to adorn the truth with an invisible cloak that only you can see.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  48. #2748

    Default

    Many (most) of those Iraq casualties were killed in sectarian violence that took advantage of the instability created by the US invasion. You can blame the USA in a way, but it's mostly muslims killing other muslims, during US created chaos. Probably more Christians Killed by muslims in Iraq over those years than muslims killed directly by the US - the Christian population in Iraq has plummeted as Christians emigrated to escape persecution.
    There can only be one.

  49. #2749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Christians have killed a lot more innocent Muslims over the years than Muslims have killed innocent Christians. It's just that when "Christian" nations do it, they do it under cover of military action and top it off with a "God bless America" or something similar. Well over 100,000 civilians in Iraq. Over 30,000 in Afghanistan. Not to mention the Iran/Iraq War that the US backed Iraq with intelligence and chemical and conventional weapons. It wasn't Muslims who were blowing up Doctors Without Borders hospitals and then lying about it.

    Yes, there are Muslims who use their religion to spread hatred and intolerance. There's also Christians. And Sikhs. And Buddists. And Jews. and pretty much any faith you care to name. But they are, for the most part, minorities. Although the US tends to wrap their military actions in the flag and tie it up in a Christianity ribbon.
    And you look at the countries in states of internal war, in the vast majority there are many innocent people falling victim to small extremist rebel groups fighting their governments (which often are also similarly 'extremist'). Vast numbers of lives are ruined and lost by fanatics not giving a **** about anyone or anything but their own pursuit of power, ideology, revenge, hatred, rapid change, etc. Even look at the American revolution. Massive numbers of deaths of people that were otherwise just trying got go about making a living and hoping to live a long life. However, a small leadership not facing imminent death themselves directed many others to give up their lives for the sake of future generations or whatever excuse was provided. Not satisfied to find workarounds, slower change to bring about slow improvement these leaders preferred to facilitate the slaughter of the then living in the pursuit of their group's beliefs. In the case of the US revolution, eradicating slavery was one goal but one with very likely many solutions, yet death was chosen as the best by the leadership. "Yeah, too bad about you and your family that's about to be wiped off the face of the earth - it's all for a good cause - my cause."

  50. #2750

    Default

    When Aung San Suu Kyi was imprisoned, the world responded with outrage. What a tragedy that now that she's in power, she's turning her backs on refugees that were being slaughtered across the border by the military of Myanmar. If Christians were being burned alive, if their houses were being destroyed, sometimes with them still in it, if over half a million people were forced to flee for their lives, the world would be calling for action to protect them. Instead, because a handful of people of the same ethnicity committed a terror act, it's somehow seen as, if not OK, then as justifiable. A rich white man in Las Vegas killed more people than the terrorists did and yet I don't see hundreds of thousands of white people being attacked.

    When you can lump people into a singular, identifiable group, it's that much easier to blame them collectively for the violent actions of a few. Particularly when most of them are powerless to resist.
    Pope Francis laments ‘tragedy’ of Rohingya Muslims


    Pope Francis expressed sorrow for the “tragedy” of the Rohingya Muslims’ plight, using the minority group’s name for the first time on his trip to Myanmar and Bangladesh as he wrapped up a closely watched visit overshadowed by a cross-border humanitarian crisis.


    The Pontiff avoided using the word “Rohingya” during the first leg of his six-day tour, when he was in Myanmar. However, he used it on Friday at a meeting in Bangladesh with refugees, and asked for their forgiveness for what he called the “world’s indifference” to their plight.

    ---



    Bangladesh is hosting more than 620,000 Muslim Rohingya, who began fleeing Myanmar in August after a brutal military crackdown on insurgents in the west of the country, during which scores of villages were set alight.


    The Burmese military and Aung San Suu Kyi’s civilian government have called the offensive “clearance operations” targeting “terrorists”, but widespread reports of murders and rapes as well as the large numbers of people who fled prompted the UN and US to brand it “ethnic cleansing”.


    https://www.ft.com/content/5c72eba0-...a-d9c0a5c8d5c9
    And just how far will people go? At least this far. And just like he accused the Muslim girls robotic team of being terrorists, I'm sure MrNazi would feel that this is totally justified.

    Texas teacher calls police on 6-year-old Muslim with Down syndrome after accusing him of terrorism

    Fox 26 Houston reports that Mohammad Suleiman, the 6-year-old son of Pearland resident Maher Suleiman, got into trouble at school after his elementary school teacher called the police and told them that the boy kept repeating the words “Allah” and “boom.”


    “It’s not true, he doesn’t speak at all,” said Suleiman of his son, who was born with Down syndrome chromosome 21.

    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/tex...-of-terrorism/
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 01-12-2017 at 02:26 PM.

  51. #2751

    Default

    Trump - "Hey, Jared is the perfect person to put in charge of my middle east peace program. He's already funding settlements that the rest of the world considers illegal. How could anyone object? And to make sure that they won't object, Jared will "forget" to mention that."




    Jared Kushner failed to disclose West Bank funding ties


    Jared Kushner failed to disclose his role as a co-director of the Charles and Seryl Kushner Foundation from 2006 to 2015, a time when the group funded an Israeli settlement considered to be illegal under international law, on financial records he filed with the Office of Government Ethics earlier this year.


    The latest development follows reports on Friday indicating the White House senior adviser attempted to sway a United Nations Security Council vote against an anti-settlement resolution passed just before Donald Trump took office, which condemned the structure of West Bank settlements. The failure to disclose his role in the foundation—at a time when he was being tasked with serving as the president’s Middle East peace envoy—follows a pattern of egregious omissions that would bar any other official from continuing to serve in the West Wing, experts and officials told Newsweek.

    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/jar...-funding-ties/

  52. #2752

  53. #2753

    Default

    Yeah, Kelly has pretty much been turned into a laughing stock. Trump's undermining him at every turn and expecting (and getting) Kelly to take it like a good boy.

  54. #2754

    Default

    Trump proves again that he is a LIAR!

    Billy Bush confirms 'revisionist' Trump's lewd comments
    Former "Access Hollywood" host Billy Bush broke his silence Monday to confirm he and seven other people witnessed President Donald Trump boasting about grabbing women by their genitals.


    Bush accused Trump of engaging in "revisionist history" amid reports the president was questioning the authenticity of a recording featuring the lewd comments leaked just a month before the November 2016 election.


    "He said it," Bush wrote in a New York Times opinion piece about Trump's "grab them by the pussy" comment made on a hot mic in an "Access Hollywood" bus in 2005.


    "And we laughed along, without a single doubt that this was hypothetical hot air from America's highest-rated bloviator," said Bush, who was fired from NBC's "Today" after the tape surfaced last year.
    Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/w...#ixzz50J01me47
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  55. #2755

    Default

    President Double Standard

    Trump railed against Doug Jones and calls Doug Jones a 'Schumer/Pelosi Puppet'. He clearly stated that the election should be decided by the voters of Alabama. Basically suggesting that Washington should stay out of Alabama's politics.


    Now Trump endorses Roy Moore and states that he will support his campaign.

    I did not know that Trump is a voter in Alabama...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  56. #2756

    Default

    Trump supports child molester. Says that Moore is what is needed in DC. Here's a story of one woman, a Republican.

    Woman shares new evidence of relationship with Roy Moore when she was 17

    Gibson said that after finding the scrapbook, she was not sure whether to make it public given the threats she received after publication of the original story. Then she heard what Moore said last week, she said, and contacted The Post.


    “He called me a liar,” said Gibson, who says she not only openly dated Moore when she was 17 but later joined him in passing out fliers during his campaign for circuit court judge in 1982 and exchanged Christmas cards with him over the years. “Roy Moore made an egregious mistake to attack that one thing — my integrity.”

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3b6a5a81f54f

  57. #2757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Trump supports child molester. Says that Moore is what is needed in DC. Here's a story of one woman, a Republican.

    Woman shares new evidence of relationship with Roy Moore when she was 17

    Gibson said that after finding the scrapbook, she was not sure whether to make it public given the threats she received after publication of the original story. Then she heard what Moore said last week, she said, and contacted The Post.


    “He called me a liar,” said Gibson, who says she not only openly dated Moore when she was 17 but later joined him in passing out fliers during his campaign for circuit court judge in 1982 and exchanged Christmas cards with him over the years. “Roy Moore made an egregious mistake to attack that one thing — my integrity.”

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3b6a5a81f54f
    I don't think the Gibson story in particular portrays him as a child molester, more as just a big time liar. I suppose we have to consider the laws in effect at the time as well as attitudes at the time. However, some of the other stories do certainly make him seem like a pedophile by today's standards. Also, some of the other allegations were about his behavior would have been considered illegal and immoral at the time too. There are enough accusations and accusers to support that it was an intended ongoing pattern of behavior by him and not just a one time thing.

  58. #2758

    Default

    There's comments from some of the other women, including the one who was 14 years old. Also, he has said that he always got their mother's permission to date them. If you have to get parental approval when you're in your 30's, something is wrong with your dating habits.

  59. #2759
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    3,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    There's comments from some of the other women, including the one who was 14 years old. Also, he has said that he always got their mother's permission to date them. If you have to get parental approval when you're in your 30's, something is wrong with your dating habits.
    He's a pedophile, creepy ***** , he makes me sick!

  60. #2760

    Default

    TRUMP WHITE HOUSE WEIGHING PLANS FOR PRIVATE SPIES TO COUNTER “DEEP STATE” ENEMIES
    THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION is considering a set of proposals developed by Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a retired CIA officer — with assistance from Oliver North, a key figure in the Iran-Contra scandal — to provide CIA Director Mike Pompeo and the White House with a global, private spy network that would circumvent official U.S. intelligence agencies, according to several current and former U.S. intelligence officials and others familiar with the proposals. The sources say the plans have been pitched to the White House as a means of countering “deep state” enemies in the intelligence community seeking to undermine Trump’s presidency.

    The creation of such a program raises the possibility that the effort would be used to create an intelligence apparatus to justify the Trump administration’s political agenda.
    Last edited by Spudly; 04-12-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

  61. #2761
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Strathcona - Mill Creek
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    Wow, Putin trained him well.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

  62. #2762
    C2E Posting Power
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    I don't even know anymore :/
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    There's comments from some of the other women, including the one who was 14 years old. Also, he has said that he always got their mother's permission to date them. If you have to get parental approval when you're in your 30's, something is wrong with your dating habits.
    He's a pedophile, creepy ***** , he makes me sick!
    And yet he has full support of the President. For those that still support him, I don't think there are many things that they can claim the moral high ground on.

  63. #2763
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    Trump tweeted that he needs him for his vote to get several things through and if some democrats would vote in support of his bills he wouldn't need him. Something to that effect.

  64. #2764

    Default

    CNN headline
    “Trump,RNC backs accused child molester Moore”


    Double entendre?

  65. #2765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    TRUMP WHITE HOUSE WEIGHING PLANS FOR PRIVATE SPIES TO COUNTER “DEEP STATE” ENEMIES
    THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION is considering a set of proposals developed by Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a retired CIA officer — with assistance from Oliver North, a key figure in the Iran-Contra scandal — to provide CIA Director Mike Pompeo and the White House with a global, private spy network that would circumvent official U.S. intelligence agencies, according to several current and former U.S. intelligence officials and others familiar with the proposals. The sources say the plans have been pitched to the White House as a means of countering “deep state” enemies in the intelligence community seeking to undermine Trump’s presidency.

    The creation of such a program raises the possibility that the effort would be used to create an intelligence apparatus to justify the Trump administration’s political agenda.
    . Funny. The creator of this is in a deep state of something.


    “countering “deep state” enemies in the intelligence community seeking to undermine Trump’s presidency.”

  66. #2766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Trump tweeted that he needs him for his vote to get several things through and if some democrats would vote in support of his bills he wouldn't need him. Something to that effect.
    And he makes a good point. Are Democrats actually working for the interests of the people, or are they simply voting "against Trump"?

  67. #2767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    And he makes a good point. Are Democrats actually working for the interests of the people, or are they simply voting "against Trump"?
    Given that most people voted against Trump what's the issue? It's not like he won the popular vote or anything.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  68. #2768
    C2E Posting Power
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    I don't even know anymore :/
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Trump tweeted that he needs him for his vote to get several things through and if some democrats would vote in support of his bills he wouldn't need him. Something to that effect.
    And he makes a good point. Are Democrats actually working for the interests of the people, or are they simply voting "against Trump"?
    Is Trump actually working in the interests of the people, or is he simply supporting a man for not being a Democrat? Seriously, do you think the Democrats are that evil that a creep like Moore is a better alternative, or do you just not care at all?

  69. #2769

    Default

    It's not like Trump is the 'Man of the People' since the election either.


    https://www.realclearpolitics.com

    Only 25% of people polled approve of the GOP tax plan


    Deeply unpopular Congress aims to pass deeply unpopular bill for deeply unpopular president to sign
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f485ad917f04


    Economists hate it too.

    A University of Chicago poll asked top economists what they think of the Republican tax plan.
    https://www.npr.org/2017/11/23/56603...r-gop-tax-plan
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  70. #2770

    Default

    It's hilarious how tone-deaf it is to complain about Democrats obstructing progress when the vast majority of "progress" Trump has made in office has been undoing Obama's work whenever, however, wherever he can no matter how much it'll negatively affect the majority of the electorate he duped into voting for him.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  71. #2771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    the vast majority of "progress" Trump has made in office has been undoing Obama's work whenever, however, wherever he can
    That's what he was elected to do.

  72. #2772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    the vast majority of "progress" Trump has made in office has been undoing Obama's work whenever, however, wherever he can
    That's what he was elected to do.
    Likewise the Democrats you're complaining about.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  73. #2773
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    3,760

    Default

    In our country, JT is undoing what PM Harper did, that's what parties do!

  74. #2774

    Default

    Trump is still fighting for all the things he campaigned on.

    He was always going to be attacked from all sides by Democrats and establishment Republicans, but I don't think he has lost any support from the people who voted him into power. If he keeps it up he will win a second term.

  75. #2775

    Default

    http://www.newsweek.com/latest-trump...ard-iop-735421

    President Donald Trump's popularity has been tanking for months, but it just got worse: Now, even his fanbase of young Republicans is starting to abandon him.
    In a Harvard Institute of Politics poll released Tuesday, just 25 percent of millennial respondents said they approved of Trump's job performance so far, which is part of the reason his overall approval rating has slid seven percentage points since spring. And while there was little change in the number of self-identified Democrats who said they gave Trump a passing grade, support among Republicans dropped significantly—to the tune of 12 percentage points.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  76. #2776

    Default

    Well if a poll says that Trump has never been less popular, it must be a fact.

    I mean look at the pin-point accuracy of all the polls leading up to the election last year!

  77. #2777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Well if a poll says that Trump has never been less popular, it must be a fact.

    I mean look at the pin-point accuracy of all the polls leading up to the election last year!
    Nope, poll after poll, including by FOX news shows Trump is very unpopular, worst ever...

    Actually the election polls were completely correct, predicting that Clinton would win with 3 million votes. The electoral college was a different matter.


    Are you suggesting that Trump has the largest support of any President since Cain slew Abel?

    Do you also believe Trump's statements on the crowds at his inauguration?



    Love how you try and fail to spin your fake news
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 05-12-2017 at 01:11 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  78. #2778

  79. #2779

    Default

    She won the popular vote, gerrymandering distorted the democratic process.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  80. #2780

  81. #2781
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    9,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    She won the popular vote, gerrymandering distorted the democratic process.
    Gerrymandering has nothing to do with the Electoral College or Presidential elections. Unless someone's been moving state lines around without anyone else noticing.

  82. #2782

    Default

    Time's Person of the Year is not Donald Trump...



    Person of the Year: Time honours abuse 'silence breakers'

    http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...ence-breakers/

    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 06-12-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  83. #2783

    Default

    More on Moore

    More contemporaneous evidence against him.




    Woman shares new evidence of relationship with Roy Moore when she was 17

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/woman-shares-new-evidence-of-relationship-with-roy-moore-when-she-was-17/2017/12/04/0c3d1cde-d903-11e7-a841-2066faf731ef_story.html?utm_term=.ea587627662d

    DELRAY BEACH, Fla. — Debbie Wesson Gibson was in her attic hauling out boxes of Christmas decorations last week when she noticed a storage bin she said she had forgotten about. Inside was a scrapbook from her senior year of high school, and taped to a page titled “Those Who Inspire” was a graduation card.

    “Happy graduation Debbie,” it read in slanted cursive handwriting. “I wanted to give you this card myself. I know that you’ll be a success in anything you do. Roy.”


    The inscription, Gibson said, was written by Roy Moore, the Alabama Republican nominee for U.S. Senate who in recent days has repeatedly denied the accounts of five women who told The Washington Post that he pursued them when they were teenagers and he was an assistant district attorney in his 30s. Since those allegations were published last month, four more women have come forward to allege that Moore made unwanted sexual advances. The accounts in The Post included those of Leigh Corfman, who said she was 14 when Moore touched her sexually, and Gibson, who said that she publicly dated Moore when she was 17 and he was 34, a relationship she said she “wore like a badge of honor” until she began reevaluating it in light of the accounts of other women, and now, Moore’s own denials.
    Shortly after the allegations first surfaced, Moore said in a radio interview with Sean Hannity that he did not know Corfman but that he remembered Gibson as well as Gloria Thacker Deason, who had told The Post that she dated Moore when she was 18. He called each one “a good girl” and said that he did not remember dating them.


    But at two campaign events in recent days, Moore has backtracked.


    At a Nov. 27 campaign event in the north Alabama town of Henagar, Moore said: “The allegations are completely false. They are malicious. Specifically, I do not know any of these women.”


    At a Nov. 29 rally at a church in the south Alabama town of Theodore, Moore said, “Let me state once again: I do not know any of these women, did not date any of these women and have not engaged in any sexual misconduct with anyone.”


    Gibson said that after finding the scrapbook, she was not sure whether to make it public given the threats she received after publication of the original story. Then she heard what Moore said last week, she said, and contacted The Post.

    “He called me a liar,”
    said Gibson, who says she not only openly dated Moore when she was 17 but later joined him in passing out fliers during his campaign for circuit court judge in 1982 and exchanged Christmas cards with him over the years. “Roy Moore made an egregious mistake to attack that one thing — my integrity.”
    The Moore campaign did not respond to numerous requests for comment for this article.


    Two of the other women named in The Post article have also pushed back in recent days against Moore.


    In an open letter to Moore published on the Alabama news site Al.com after Moore’s Nov. 27 speech, Corfman wrote that “I am done being silent.”


    “You sent out your spokesman to call me a liar. Day after day. Finally, last night, you did the dirty work yourself . . .” she wrote. “What you did to me when I was 14-years old should be revolting to every person of good morals. But now you are attacking my honesty and integrity. Where does your immorality end?”


    In a statement to The Post after Moore’s Nov. 29 speech, Paula Cobia, an attorney for Deason, recounted Deason’s vivid memories of dating Moore, including specific restaurants she says they frequented and the velvet-collared dress Deason says she wore when she says Moore took her to a social function at a Ramada Inn.
    “No matter what lies Roy Moore may choose to tell now,” Cobia said, “the truth was the first thing out of his mouth when it came to remembering Gloria.”


    Gibson, 54, now lives in Delray Beach, Fla., is a registered Republican and is the founder of a company that provides sign language interpretation. Though she said the bulk of her work is in educational, medical and legal settings, her clients have included Democrats such as Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden, and Republicans such as the mayor of Miami. She said that despite requests from dozens of media outlets, she had “very carefully said absolutely nothing” after her account was first published in The Post, because of a barrage of threatening hate mail she received, prompting her to notify her local police department. She and the other women have been accused by Moore’s surrogates of lying, or being paid to spread false stories, or being part of a larger political conspiracy to defeat Moore.

    Then she found the scrapbook and the graduation card with the slanted, cursive handwriting, which she said immediately reminded her of another woman, Beverly Young Nelson, who had come forward after the Post article was published. In an emotional news conference with the attorney Gloria Allred, Nelson accused Moore of sexually assaulting her when she was 16, and produced what she said was her high school yearbook with an inscription to her from Moore.
    Compare the signature for yourself


    Debbie Wesson Gibson shows what she says is a graduation card from Roy Moore. She says he handed it to her during her high school graduation ceremony in 1981. Underneath is Gibson’s own note about what Moore meant to her at the time. (Jon Gerberg/The Washington Post)



    Beverly Young Nelson shows her high school yearbook, and an inscription she says was written by Roy Moore, at a news conference on Nov. 13. (Richard Drew/AP)

    Mark Songer, a former FBI forensic examiner now with the firm Robson Forensic, examined an image of the graduation card at The Post’s request and said that it “appears to be naturally prepared.” Songer also compared an image of the yearbook inscription to the image of the graduation card and said that “the style of writing, as well as certain letter features, appear to be similar.” He stressed the need for a full and comprehensive handwriting examination to arrive at a final conclusion.

    Gibson said she remembers Moore handing the card to her at the Etowah High School graduation ceremony in Attalla, Ala., where Gibson grew up about 10 miles from Moore’s home. She remembers reading the inscription and writing below it: “Roy Moore inspires me because he is such a successful man himself. Also, he is about the only person I know of who seriously believes in me. I appreciate that. He’s got to be one of the nicest people I know.”


    As she flipped through the scrapbook last week, Gibson said, she realized it contained other indications of her relationship with Moore, which she says began in March 1981, after he came to speak to her high school civics class.
    More on Moore
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  84. #2784
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Strathcona - Mill Creek
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    The Republicans are rallying around a pedophile while the Democrats are tossing their own who have allegations of sexual assault against them. Pretty disgusting move by the Republicans, and it'll be even worse if Moore is elected.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

  85. #2785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    The Republicans are rallying around a pedophile while the Democrats are tossing their own who have allegations of sexual assault against them. Pretty disgusting move by the Republicans, and it'll be even worse if Moore is elected.
    It is quite amusing that some so called Christians are defending Moore, too. I guess some churches don't go into morals as much as they used to.

    In some ways it would be better for the Democrats if Moore wins. If he loses, he is only a short term embarrassment to the Republicans, probably forgotten in a year or so. If he wins he becomes a bigger more long term problem.

  86. #2786

    Default

    Yeah, you really can't call yourself a Christian is you only follow the Old Testament and ignore all that stuff Jesus supposedly said. Women are property. Beat your children regularly. Stone women to death if they're not virgins. All that good stuff.

  87. #2787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Time's Person of the Year is not Donald Trump...



    Person of the Year: Time honours abuse 'silence breakers'

    http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...ence-breakers/

    Something all the people on the thread about The Needle simply refuse to acknowledge. Their sympathies lie with the poor rapists being accused of rape. The poor men being fired because they're not allowed to treat women as their personal playthings.

    The ‘mistake’ on Time’s ‘Person of the Year’ cover is actually a powerful statement

    Time‘s national correspondent Charlotte Alter told BuzzFeed, “The stray elbow on Time’s Person of the Year cover is meant to include victims of sexual harassment who have to stay anonymous: It’s still really difficult for a lot of women to come forward.”


    “According to the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN), approximately two out of every three sexual assaults go unreported. There are a number of reasons why people decide not to report — from fear of testifying or concerns their attacker might retaliate — all valid concerns considering that out of every 1,000 rapes only six perpetrators will go to jail,” said The Mighty’s Jordan Davidson.

    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/the...ful-statement/

  88. #2788

    Default

    For the Time Cover, they should have worn red.


    Roy Moore protest.

    I guess it would have been too much to combine the two related issues.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  89. #2789

  90. #2790

    Default

    Trump slurred his speech

    What was said about Clinton’s stumble on c2e - “not long for this world”.

  91. #2791

    Default

    Not only slurred speech, what about his sniffling? At the end of every line he was suckling back some huge booger so hard I thought his face would implode or he is hiding a serious cocaine habit.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  92. #2792

    Default

    not even the first time that has happened


  93. #2793

    Default

    For anyone that tries to claim that the two parties are the same, I present this.

    Al Franken Says He Will Resign Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations

    “I am aware of the irony that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who has preyed on underage girls is running for the Senate with the full support of his party.”

    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-allegations/#

  94. #2794
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where ever the pilot takes me
    Posts
    2,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    For anyone that tries to claim that the two parties are the same, I present this.
    Be that as it may but the issue probably resonates less amongst certain female demographics. Trump got 64% of the uneducated white female vote. And Roy Moore probably enjoys a similar advantage in Alabama.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

  95. #2795
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    3,760

    Default

    Regarding Al Franken I heard he was a good senator, but it's clear that he has a pattern of disrespecting women's boundaries, so leaving is the right thing. I do wonder if that photo hadn't surfaced if he would have..

  96. #2796
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where ever the pilot takes me
    Posts
    2,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Regarding Al Franken I heard he was a good senator, but it's clear that he has a pattern of disrespecting women's boundaries, so leaving is the right thing. I do wonder if that photo hadn't surfaced if he would have..
    Probably not, he wasn't willing to admit culpability for all of his transgressions. But that in itself is part of the problem, if one behaves consciously or otherwise in such manner but is not cognizant of its inappropriateness then there is a serious gap in perception and attitude. Something as innocuous as posing for a photo with a female and having your hands wander after putting them around the other person is more than merely being friendly and warm.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

  97. #2797

  98. #2798

    Default

    He came out of the closet...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  99. #2799

    Default

    Roy Moore longs for the days when families were strong and people owned slaves.
    Roy Moore Is Strangely Nostalgic for Slavery Days

    In response to a question from one of the only African Americans in the audience—who asked when Moore thought America was last “great”—Moore acknowledged the nation’s history of racial divisions, but said: “I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.”

    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-slavery-days/

  100. #2800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Roy Moore longs for the days when families were strong and people owned slaves.
    Roy Moore Is Strangely Nostalgic for Slavery Days

    In response to a question from one of the only African Americans in the audience—who asked when Moore thought America was last “great”—Moore acknowledged the nation’s history of racial divisions, but said: “I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.”

    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-slavery-days/
    Donald Trump endorses this message.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •