Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 6,601 to 6,666 of 6666

Thread: Trump - misc

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Drag a $100 bill through a faculty lounge and you will never know what you will find.

Not The Onion.

With new Kavanaugh tweet, Trump makes Kellyanne Conway look like a fool

At 9:13 a.m. on Friday, Kellyanne Conway told reporters that President Trump didn’t need to be advised not to attack Dr. Christine Blasey Ford — the woman who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her — because he knew it was the wrong thing to do.

“There’s no reason to attack her,” Conway said. “The president doesn’t need anybody to tell him. He does the right thing.”

One minute later, Trump made Conway look like a fool. At 9:14 a.m., the president posted a tweet attacking Ford by suggesting she’s lying about her account of being assaulted at a party in the early 1980s. He suggested that her assault must not have been so bad if she didn’t report it to the police immediately.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-atta...-fc3fe8f1e55a/

Why is it wrong to attack Ford? She's a narcissistic loony toon.

^One more creep.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph60 View Post
    Why is it wrong to attack Ford Trump? She's He's a narcissistic loony toon.
    Fixed that for you!

Why not hear her out rather than making judgements without investigation? Because she's a woman??? If Kavanaugh has nothing to hide, her reputation and story will be aired and proven false. If she is not heard, it will hang like a cloud over every case he hears. If they investigate and she gets a hearing and Kavanaugh is proven to have lied again, then he is not fit to be a judge with a lifetime appointment. Why is this whole appointment being rushed? They have a 5 to 4 Supreme Court advantage all ready. These Judges should not have a political affiliation to start with. During his 2016 presidential campaign, Kavanaugh was not even on Trump's list that he vowed not to alter. Another example of Trump lying....

Kavanaugh is a desperation candidate that GOP members warned that would be difficult to pass and was not on the Federalist Society list. This is Trump pushing another "only the best people" who may have flaws and was not properly vetted and now they are in a rush to appoint him before the Trump House of Cards falls flat in November.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Why is it wrong to attack Ford? She's a narcissistic loony toon.
    What is the point of this post? Do you think you are being clever or are you proving your ignorance?
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Where do you think the term "narcissitic looney tune" originated?

There is enough evidence to prove Trump is a narcissist by any definition. We hardly know anything about Ford. In other words we are ignorant as to her mental state.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

She looks like she has credentials that Trump never aspired to in academia.

Christine Margaret Blasey Ford is an American psychologist and professor of statistics at Palo Alto University. Widely published in her field, she specializes in designing statistical models for research projects. During her academic career, Ford has worked as a research psychologist for Stanford University's Department of Psychiatry and a professor at the Stanford University School of Medicine Collaborative Clinical Psychology Program.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Blasey_Ford

Sounds like a "narcissitic looney tune"
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

I think you confuse education with intelligence and integrity, even a professor is capable of a Bimbo Eruption.
    Last edited by ralph60; 21-09-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Even a President is capable of a Bozo Eruption...

I think you confuse education with intelligence and integrity, even a professor is capable of a Bimbo Eruption.
    I think you confuse truth with a figment of your imagination.

You can bet that being a top psychologist, she knows what buttons to push on Trump.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Seriously? Seriously??!!

“But in the grand scheme of things, my goodness, there was no intercourse. There was maybe a touch. Really? Thirty-six years later she’s still stuck on that, had it happened?” Irina Villarino added.

“I mean, we’re talking about a 15-year-old girl, which I respect. I’m a woman. I respect. But we’re talking about a 17-year-old boy in high school with testosterone running high. Tell me, what boy hasn’t done this in high school?” Gina Sosa asked.

The women also said that even if the allegation is true, they’d support Kavanaugh joining the Supreme Court.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...e-of-kavanaugh

I guess I just missed that part of the curriculum that said that I was supposed to get drunk and take advantage of classmates. Who knew this was a requirement? ??

Too busy hiding out and touching yourself? Me too. Lol

Govar family feud

PHOENIX — New campaign ads targeting U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Prescott) feature some unlikely people — his siblings.

In Dr. David Brill’s latest round of campaign ads, Gosar’s own blood — Tim, Jennifer, Gaston, Joan, Grace and David — voiced their concerns regarding the incumbent.

“I think my brother has traded a lot of the values we had at our kitchen table,” Joan said.
    http://ktar.com/story/2230239/paul-g...-campaign-ads/

Thursday should be very interesting.

Kavanaugh Accuser Christine Blasey Ford Reaches Preliminary Agreement to Testify Thursday

Minutes before a 2:30 p.m. deadline on Saturday, Christine Blasey Ford agreed that she would testify before Congress next week about her claims that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when the two of them were in high school. Lawyers representing Ford wrote to the Senate Judiciary Committee saying that their client “accepts” the request to testify but expressed optimism they would be able to negotiate conditions at the hearing.

A few hours later, the Senate Judiciary Committee and Ford’s lawyers reportedly reached a tentative agreement for her to publicly testify on Thursday in what the New York Times characterized as “an apparent breakthrough in halting negotiations.” Although there were still lots of details to work out, the concession by Republicans to allow Ford to testify Thursday seemed to be a confirmation that they want the public session to take place. Negotiations between the committee and Ford’s lawyers are set to continue Sunday.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...gh-school.html

She must be a strong person to face people who have already made up their minds that she's lying. I guess things can't get any worse for her; she's already been driven from her house by death threats.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

If she was a strong person she would have forgiven and forgot thirty years ago.

Haha, yeah.... okay.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    It's odd when one waits so long to report something, but it happens all the time.
    Both have received death threats..

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/20/pol...w.google.ca%2F

Remember when conservatives were smug because Nike shares dropped 3% after they unveiled their new marketing with Colin Kaepernick? Let's see how that's going now...

Nike's deal with Kaepernick adds almost $6 billion to company's market value

Nike added nearly $6 billion to its company’s market value since announcing its deal with former NFL player Colin Kaepernick, CBS News reported on Friday.

According to the publication, the company’s shares rose 36 percent on the year and the brand has also become a top performer on the Dow's index of 30 blue-chip stocks.

Share prices for the company also continued to perform at an all-time high weeks the company’s stock initially fell more than 3 percent following the announcement of their endorsement deal with Kaepernick.
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...on-to-companys

I bet Trump wishes he could "fail" like Nike is doing right now. LOL

I remember years ago reading that Michael Jordon received more money from Nike than all their workers in all their factories in Malaysia combined, just to wear them and say so on tv etc. That’s when I decided I would never buy a Nike product in my life, and haven’t. Just wish millions of others could say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    She must be a strong person to face people who have already made up their minds that she's lying. I guess things can't get any worse for her; she's already been driven from her house by death threats.
    Yeah,by people who say they have family values, protect the unborn, took an oath of office and go to Church on Sunday...

Oh I see. If a woman report a sexual assault, it's because she's weak.

What about those kids that were abused by the priests? Should they just forgive as well?

Right...

Women just make this stuff up. All women are liars and don't believe them. Only men tell the truth. Listen to the President. He respects women and they should forget about the times he grabs women by the pussy, walks into dressing rooms and pays them off 'to forget their lies against him' . Yeah, getting raped or assaulted is not that bad and women just should forget about it the very next day because they deserved it.

No wonder the majority women don't report it as statistics prove that it is the most unreported crime because they are left with self doubt, physical and emotional scars and a society that blames them and doubts their story decades ago. Funny thing is that even after the 'me to' movement, women are treated the same way and even lawmakers and the President dismiss even investigating the facts and openly state that they intend "to ram it through" against the protest of men and women looking for justice. I guess if you are a blind to the irony of men ramming it through even when she said no, is raping her (and all women) all over again in public.

And then you question why women remain silent for all these years????

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Oh I see. If a woman report a sexual assault, it's because she's weak.

What about those kids that were abused by the priests? Should they just forgive as well?
    They are children and they should not be believed. Priests can do no wrong. You know, the whole infallibility thing. Any way, child sexual abuse is really not that bad and they should get over it by dinner time. It really was their fault for being a victim.

Same for women, Right???

I thought ithat was 2018, not 1018. Some people are living in the Dark Ages when men were men and women and children were (and apparently still are) considered as property.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 23-09-2018 at 06:39 AM.

This from the podium at the FRC summit

Family Research Council (FRC) is an American conservative Christian nonprofit charity and activist group, with an affiliated lobbying organization. Its stated mission is "to advance faith, family and freedom in public policy and the culture from a Christian worldview"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Research_Council

As I am getting ready to go to a real Church this morning, I rebuke an organization such as this and all those on the backdrop listed behind McConnel that purports that it has Christian values when it clearly acts in a manner totally contrary to "do unto others" and a Christian worldview that is completely warped from my Christian beliefs.

It is said; "How you do anything is how you do everything." Is Kavanaugh going to stop this kangaroo hearing and state that truth and justice shall prevail and allow an investigation and rebuke his political puppet masters? Or is this how he will rule on the Supreme Court? Ignoring evidence, not allowing investigations and pushing political expediency to advance his personal career to suit his political masters???
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 23-09-2018 at 07:29 AM.

"Only the best people".

This is Trump's former Communications Director. He was Sean Spicer's boss.

Court Docs Allege Ex-Trump Staffer Drugged Woman He Got Pregnant With 'Abortion Pill'

According to the court documents—which were filed in Miami-Dade Circuit Court on Sept. 14 and obtained by Splinter—the alleged relationship started in 2012, when Miller was working for prominent Republican ad firm Jamestown Associates. The filing alleges that Miller, whose Twitter bio states that he now works as managing director at Teneo Strategy and as a political commentator on CNN, brought clients to Rachel’s Gentleman’s Club in Orlando, where he met a dancer identified only as Jane Doe.

Miller allegedly entered a sexual relationship with Doe, who Delgado says in the filing became pregnant. As the filing claims (emphasis theirs):

Shortly thereafter, according to Joe Doe, Mr. Miller visited her at her apartment with a Smoothie beverage.

Unbeknownst to Jane Doe, the Smoothie contained an abortion bill. [sic]

The pill induced an abortion, and Jane Doe wound up in a hospital emergency room, bleeding heavily and nearly went into a coma.

The unborn child died.

Jane Doe herself was hospitalized for two days, the abortion pill possibly reacting with potential street drugs in her system at the time she drank the Smoothie.

Upon leaving the hospital, a rightly enraged Jane Doe contacted the staffers of local politicians with whom Mr. Miller had been in attendance at Rachel’s the night they met.

Mr. Miller then, in a panic, attempted to have Jane Doe sign a non-disclosure agreement (“NDA”), presumably in exchange for a sum of money.

https://splinternews.com/court-docs-...got-1829233105

"Only the best people".

This is Trump's former Communications Director. He was Sean Spicer's boss.

Court Docs Allege Ex-Trump Staffer Drugged Woman He Got Pregnant With 'Abortion Pill'

According to the court documents—which were filed in Miami-Dade Circuit Court on Sept. 14 and obtained by Splinter—the alleged relationship started in 2012, when Miller was working for prominent Republican ad firm Jamestown Associates. The filing alleges that Miller, whose Twitter bio states that he now works as managing director at Teneo Strategy and as a political commentator on CNN, brought clients to Rachel’s Gentleman’s Club in Orlando, where he met a dancer identified only as Jane Doe.

Miller allegedly entered a sexual relationship with Doe, who Delgado says in the filing became pregnant. As the filing claims (emphasis theirs):

Shortly thereafter, according to Joe Doe, Mr. Miller visited her at her apartment with a Smoothie beverage.

Unbeknownst to Jane Doe, the Smoothie contained an abortion bill. [sic]

The pill induced an abortion, and Jane Doe wound up in a hospital emergency room, bleeding heavily and nearly went into a coma.

The unborn child died.

Jane Doe herself was hospitalized for two days, the abortion pill possibly reacting with potential street drugs in her system at the time she drank the Smoothie.

Upon leaving the hospital, a rightly enraged Jane Doe contacted the staffers of local politicians with whom Mr. Miller had been in attendance at Rachel’s the night they met.

Mr. Miller then, in a panic, attempted to have Jane Doe sign a non-disclosure agreement (“NDA”), presumably in exchange for a sum of money.

https://splinternews.com/court-docs-...got-1829233105
    That “only the best” comment was just a politician making a promise. No one believes politicians are going to keep any of them. Trump’s first act of office was to break a promise. Pretty good track record for a novice politician.

MrO may not realize it yet but yes Trump is just another politician just making more promises and breaking more promises and above all seeking to shape the establishment in favour of his interests and not the average citizen. - just like every swamp loving establishment politician before him. He rediscovered an old anti-establishment spin to use to get elected but it’s far from novel and his success in using it will rapidly be turned against him. Like any war, if it hasn’t been won, the opposition immediately adopts the latest tactics and technologies and turns them on the first to have deployed them.
    Last edited by KC; 23-09-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Second Kavanaugh accuser comes forward.

Kavanaugh Faces a New Accuser
    Deborah Ramirez, a woman who went to college with the Supreme Court nominee, has stepped forward.

The new report details an accusation made by Deborah Ramirez, 53, who attended Yale with Kavanaugh, and follows on the existing accusation of Christine Blasey Ford, who says Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her at a high school party in 1982. Kavanaugh denies her accusation. Both Kavanaugh and Ford are currently scheduled to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...z-new-accuser/

And now more, with even more disturbing accusations.

Brett Kavanaugh and pals accused of gang rapes in high school, says lawyer Michael Avenatti

Lawyer Michael Avenatti told the Senate Judiciary Committee late Sunday that he has multiple witnesses who can say Brett Kavanaugh participated in gang rapes of drunken women during high school.

“We are aware of significant evidence of multiple house parties in the Washington, D.C. area during the early 1980s during which Brett Kavanaugh, Mark Judge and others would participate in the targeting of women with alcohol/drugs in order to allow a ‘train’ of men to subsequently gang rape them,” Avenatti said in an email to Mike Davis, chief counsel for nominations for the Senate Judiciary Committee.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...923-story.html

And now more, with even more disturbing accusations.

Brett Kavanaugh and pals accused of gang rapes in high school, says lawyer Michael Avenatti

Lawyer Michael Avenatti told the Senate Judiciary Committee late Sunday that he has multiple witnesses who can say Brett Kavanaugh participated in gang rapes of drunken women during high school.

“We are aware of significant evidence of multiple house parties in the Washington, D.C. area during the early 1980s during which Brett Kavanaugh, Mark Judge and others would participate in the targeting of women with alcohol/drugs in order to allow a ‘train’ of men to subsequently gang rape them,” Avenatti said in an email to Mike Davis, chief counsel for nominations for the Senate Judiciary Committee.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...923-story.html

Kavanaugh denies 2nd accuser's sexual misconduct allegation as Avenatti claims 'evidence' of 'targeting' women for gang rape | Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ale-party.html

Could get interesting. If the allegations are true, then at some point those NOT coming forward risk their reputations as their school mates tell their stories.
    Last edited by KC; 23-09-2018 at 09:20 PM.

And his buddy, Mark Judge, has written about their college days.

The 100-keg quest: Kavanaugh classmate Mark Judge details senior year at Georgetown Prep

In "Wasted: Tales of a Gen X Drunk," Mark Judge describes in detail the raucous parties that would occur with Georgetown Prep School students on the weekends when he was a high school student.

CNN has reviewed portions of the book, which is out of print.

---

Judge and his high school buddies went on to create a newspaper called the Heretic, a riff on their school newspaper the Saint. One of the main objectives of the paper, as laid out by Judge in the book, was to chronicle "the 100-keg quest and everything that happened on the way."

According to his book, Judge and his friends continued to publish and anonymously distribute the paper on campus, with a continued emphasis on the 100-keg quest in the pages. Judge wrote that by March of his senior year, the keg count was "into the mid-eighties."

In "Wasted," Judge also describes an exchange with a young woman at a party when talk arose of a friend who puked in a car.

"Do you know Bart O'Kavanaugh?"
    "Yeah. He's around here somewhere."
    "I heard he puked in someone's car the other night."
    "Yeah. He passed out on his way back from a party."

CNN has no confirmation that the Bart O'Kavanaugh mentioned in the passage above refers to Brett Kavanaugh.

"We are not commenting at this time," Judge's attorney, Barbara Van Gelder, told CNN in response to questions about the book.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/22/polit...est/index.html

This is going to be a pretty interesting week.

11 privileged white men judge over a woman..

How Will the Image of 11 Entitled White Men Propping Up a 12th Play in November?
    Brett Kavanaugh should be radioactive for Republicans in the midterms—and he's not going away anytime soon.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...erm-elections/

When 11 men interrogate: GOP tries to head off Kavanaugh debacle
    The specter of Anita Hill looms over next week's hearing on Christine Blasey Ford's sexual assault allegation.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...blicans-828601

My good lord, and the circus continues in Washington.

Jason Miller accused of slipping abortion pill into woman's smoothie

“Jason Miller, ...stepped down from his role as a political contributor for the CNN cable channel after the allegations surfaced. “

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8552321.html

Brett Kavanaugh is the target of a ‘vast left-wing conspiracy’: Kellyanne Conway

White House advisor Kellyanne Conway on Monday said the allegations of sexual misconduct against President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh are starting to feel like a “vast left-wing conspiracy.”

https://globalnews.ca/video/4480715/...llyanne-conway

Anything that paints republicans/trump in the light they deserve is a vast left wing conspiracy to the them.

Right, did not Kavanaugh use allegations of sexual misconduct against President Bill Clinton?

The hypocrisy is a mile deep

Kavanaugh was a principal author of the Starr Report to Congress on the Monica Lewinsky–Bill Clinton sex scandal; the report called for the impeachment of President Clinton. He urged Starr to ask the president sexually graphic questions and argued on broad grounds for the impeachment of Bill Clinton, describing Clinton as being involved in "a conspiracy to obstruct justice", having "disgraced his office" and "lied to the American people". The report provided extensive and explicit descriptions of each of the President's sexual encounters with Monica Lewinsky, a level of detail which the authors described as "essential" to the case against Clinton.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Kavanaugh

Judge not, that ye be not judged.For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
    And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
    Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

— Matthew 7:1-5 KJV

Omnes enim, qui acceperint gladium, gladio peribunt. ("For all who will take up the sword, will die by the sword.")

"Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

Duplicated, deleted
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 10:11 AM.

Bet 'Devil's triangle' soon starts trending on Google

Michael Avenatti makes new explicit allegations against Kavanaugh that his yearbook entry | Daily Mail Online

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ook-entry.html

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    I guess I just missed that part of the curriculum that said that I was supposed to get drunk and take advantage of classmates.
    In this day and age, it seems not to matter if you actually did or not.

If you are a public figure and a female accuses you of some rape allegation from 30+ years ago, that is probably enough to destroy your career and your life. Her words will be believed over your claims of how "good" you've lived your life.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    I guess I just missed that part of the curriculum that said that I was supposed to get drunk and take advantage of classmates.

If you are a public figure and a female accuses you of some rape allegation from 30+ years ago, that is probably enough to destroy your career and your life. Her words will be believed over your claims of how "good" you've lived your life.
    Not so. Maybe stall one’s career and/or force it in a new direction. People are pretty realistic about reserving judgement, accounting for changing times, etc. on many old, old indiscretions and bad behaviour in one’s youth. Drunken college behaviour is often readily excused by society.

Look at how many high level people have admitted to using illicit drugs etc and society has accepted such past behaviour as just a sign of those times. However self abuse vs abusing other people is treated differently. Allegations of abusing innocent people warrants an intelligent response. Eg being stupid blind drunk and then issuing a total denial is just issuing a challenge.

Moreover it seems to me that the strongest outright denials have often come from people with a whole string of offences they are worried about coming to light. They may be worried that even the slightest crack in their cover story could start a landslide of revelations.

Look at the Catholic Church, Lance Armstrong, etc. To them the best defence was a strong aggressive defence - to hide their lies.

Moreover often it’s the accusers that get attacked - by people not knowing the truth one way or another.
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 07:45 PM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

i think the actual truth in matters like this is more likely to be determined in this day and age than in the past and i have seen nothing of substance to suggest widespread abuse of that.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Where were you when Al Franken was accused of sexual misconduct, and promptly resigned?

What's amazing is that he was never proven guilty, yet many democratic representatives called for him to resign. A Republican-leaning judge is accused of something and the republicans DON'T EVEN WANT IT INVESTIGATED! It's fingers-in-ears, "ram this through," ignore the accusations, the women are lying, na-na-na-na-na. The hypocrisy from the right is disgusting.

Everyone has done something you later regret. The importance is how you handle it. Lying about you past and then saying that your accusers are all lying just does not work well as evidence stacks up and the people that are backing you like Trump have a huge reputation of lying about their own past.

If you want to be a judge and have confidence that your record is clean and you are not lying about the facts, you should stand up and say, "let my accusers cone forth and let's have a real investigation and I am confident that a fair and impartial process will prove me innocent in the final verdict, I have faith in the American justice system."

Or you can say they are all liars and use your political hacks and even the POTUS to bully and attack women and rob them of their dignity and rights to a fair hearing just like when he went to high school and Yale.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; Yesterday at 08:15 PM.

Well the shoe was on the other foot back then and women were not to be believed and were shamed into silence which caused them to not report rapes and sexual attacks. Looks like you want to keep the status quo and are uncomfortable with even allowing the facts to be investigated. So the woman's career and life are less important that the man's in your view?

Where were you when Al Franken was accused of sexual misconduct, and promptly resigned?

What's amazing is that he was never proven guilty, yet many democratic representatives called for him to resign. A Republican-leaning judge is accused of something and the republicans DON'T EVEN WANT IT INVESTIGATED! It's fingers-in-ears, "ram this through," ignore the accusations, the women are lying, na-na-na-na-na. The hypocrisy from the right is disgusting.

Good example Gord. Well said.

Remember that the Republicans want to stack the Courts with like minded, white male Christian zealots with lifetime appointments. The truth and justice be damned.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; Yesterday at 08:14 PM.

But...it seems I was seeing a picture of Al Franken grabbing a girls boobs on the news each day.

Did he actually touch them? Don't think so. But he resigned because it was the ethical thing to do.

Don't make this discussion about me. Thanks.

Well the shoe was on the other foot back then and women were not to be believed and were shamed into silence which caused them to not report rapes and sexual attacks. Looks like you want to keep the status quo and are uncomfortable with even allowing the facts to be investigated. So the woman's career and life are less important that the man's in your view?

No one is stating that there is no need for the burden of proof . We all agree that the accused is innocent until proven guilty. That is the law. We also agree to the fact and even Judge Kavanaugh stated in this hearing that "no man is above the law". We also agree that everyone has the right to be heard by a free and independent judiciary that is not biased.

The issue is the whole premise of this hearing is that politicians in charge of the hearing have already made up their mind that the have the majority and they will "ram it through", the appointment of Judge Kavanaugh regardless of the evidence and he will be the next Supreme Court Judge with a lifetime appointment.

Does ghat sound like a fair, unbiased and impartial judicial process?

Sound more like the judicial process of a fascist state or dictatorship where the Constitution has been ignored and the rule of law has been weaponized as a tool for a illegal regime that only seeks to serve themselves and protect their power and private get against the will of the people and their rights.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; Today at 06:06 AM.

And there you go running away with your tail between your legs again.

MrOilers, you yourself used various forms of you eight times in only three statements. You’ve already made the discussion about you and every other reader through your use of you to personalize your point. Unless your you doesn’t apply to your me too.
    Last edited by KC; Today at 07:14 AM.

Amazing how the Republican GOP rail against the left that they are just mad that they lost the last election.

Meanwhile the GOP want to install judges that will outlast any impeached President or lost election. Those hand picked Republican judges are tasked with protecting their President from impeachment, allow corporations to influence elections and laws, allow more gerrymandering to secure Republican power, relitigating Roe vs Wade in an effort to dominate women's rights, reenact Jim Crow like laws and "Make America Great Again" by overturning the outcomes of the Civil War.

How can Kavanaugh say that he didn't do it? Because he was blind, stinking drunk at the time. Seem likely? And no, that does not excuse it in any way shape or form.

And note that this is in regards to the second accuser.

Kavanaugh ex-roommate believes accuser: ‘Brett became aggressive and belligerent when he was very drunk’

“We shared a two-bedroom unit in the basement of Lawrence Hall on the Old Campus. Despite our living conditions, Brett and I did not socialize beyond the first few days of freshman year. We talked at night as freshman roommates do and I would see him as he returned from nights out with his friends,” a statement from Roche said on Monday.

Roche continued: “It is from this experience that I concluded that although Brett was normally reserved, he was a notably heavy drinker, even by the standards of the time, and that he became aggressive and belligerent when he was very drunk. I did not observe the specific incident in question, but I do remember Brett frequently drinking excessively and becoming incoherently drunk.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/kav...igerent-drunk/

United Nations openly laugh at Donald Trump as he boasts about his accomplishments
    The humiliating moment came just moments into his big speech in New York City

She walked right into that one. Hope the WH press corps bring it up at the next presser.

Sarah Sanders roasted for insisting ‘every single’ SCOTUS nominee deserves a vote: ‘Merrick Garland — remember him?’

“The president wants this process to come to a vote because that’s what’s supposed to happen in every single one of these instances where someone is nominated, they go before, they have a hearing, and then the senators vote on it,” Sanders said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/sar...land-remember/

How can you tell when Kavanaugh is lying? His lips are moving.

The drinking age changed from 18 to 21 when he was 17 years old. It was grandfathered in for those who were 18, 19 or 20 at the time. At no point could he legally drink until he was 21. So why lie about it?

In Fox interview to clear his name, Kavanaugh even lied about his 'legal' underage drinking

Asked about whether he ever drank at parties in high school, he said first, "When I was in high school […] I was focused on academics and athletics, going to church every Sunday at Little Flower, working on my service projects, and friendship, friendship with my fellow classmates and friendship with girls from the local all-girls Catholic schools." Getting that boy scout image thing down as his talking points told him to.

Then he said "And yes, there were parties. And the drinking age was 18, and yes, the seniors were legal and had beer there." Nope.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ugh-lied-again

United Nations openly laugh at Donald Trump as he boasts about his accomplishments

I do like how he can laugh at himself, and then they applauded him..LOL

Anyone else shocked, or even surprised?

Thought not.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667