Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
Results 4,701 to 4,719 of 4719

Thread: Trump - misc

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    That's kinda funny coming from the biggest fan of the guy who chased Obama's birth certificate for years.
    Joe Arpaio?

And Donald fell for it hook, line and sinker.

@realDonaldTrump
    Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
    More
    Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd of Fake News NBC just stated that we have given up so much in our negotiations with North Korea, and they have given up nothing. Wow, we haven’t given up anything & they have agreed to denuclearization (so great for World), site closure, & no more testing!

5:50 AM - 22 Apr 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...37292932653056
    Kim Jong Un's latest play for peace was actually a declaration that it's ready for nuclear war — and it just may get it

"No nuclear test and intermediate-range and intercontinental ballistic rocket test-fire are necessary for the DPRK now, given that the work for mounting nuclear warheads on ballistic rockets was finished," North Korean media quoted Kim as saying, using an abbreviation for the country's official name.

Basically, Kim says North Korea has stopped testing because it's done testing.

"KJU is satisfied," Melissa Hanham, a senior research associate at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies, tweeted of Kim's announcement.

While North Korea has never fired an ICBM at range, and fired its Hwasong-15 ICBM only twice, Hanham and other experts think it has already achieved sufficient capability to threaten the US.

On the issue of nuclear testing, Robert Manning, a North Korea expert at the Atlantic Council, told Business Insider there was a "fair amount of evidence" suggesting another nuclear test in North Korea's main test site could destroy the site and possibly collapse a mountain.

So North Korea may not see a need to test another missile, and it may not be able to test another nuclear bomb. According in Manning's view, Kim is "making a virtue of necessity and hoping we're stupid enough to think it's a concession."

http://www.businessinsider.com/kim-j...for-war-2018-4

I'd rather C2E than work!

Don't worry, Trump just has to go over there and talk to Kim and everything will be okay. Nothing to worry about. All good. The best kind of good. No one has ever achieved this level of good before, because this is the BEST kind of good.

We're so ******.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    ^ Ha ha! Wow, that writer sure is reaching!

It's also a great example of how "dogwhistle" is new trendy term that the left loves to use, to accuse people of saying things they never actually said. They might as well just go full 1984 and call it a "thought crime" whenever somebody they don't like says anything.
    right. he sure is reaching...

because "sleepy eyes" isn't any more of a dog whistle than calling him a shill for "zionist bankers". it would be no different than calling the current mayor of charlottesville "uncle tom walker". or calling some neo-nazi protesters and white supremacists "very fine people".
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Seth Klarman

In the era of Donald Trump, New England’s biggest GOP donor is funding Democrats - The Boston Globe
    Excerpts

“The Republicans in Congress have failed to hold the president accountable and have abandoned their historic beliefs and values,” Klarman said in a prepared statement to the Globe, opening up for the first time about the reasons behind his change in political giving. “For the good of the country, the Democrats must take back one or both houses of Congress.”

“Klarman said he’s financing his new political donations using his share of the $1.5 trillion tax cut Trump signed into law late last year.

“I received a tax cut I neither need nor want,” said Klarman, who Forbes estimates is worth $1.5 billion. “I’m choosing to invest it to fight the administration’s flawed policies and to elect Democrats to the Senate and House of Representatives.”

Though Klarman isn’t well known outside finance circles, in part because he almost never gives on-the-record interviews, he has a dedicated following among top investors.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...hVP/story.html
    Last edited by KC; 23-04-2018 at 09:39 PM.

NY Times reporting that Trump's personal physician was not vetted properly and has 'issues'

By NICHOLAS FANDOS

April 24, 2018
    WASHINGTON — The Senate Veterans Affairs Committee is examining allegations that President Trump’s nominee to lead the Veterans Affairs Department oversaw a hostile work environment as the White House physician and allowed the overprescribing of drugs, according to congressional officials briefed on the committee’s work.

They have also received claims that Dr. Ronny L. Jackson drank too much on the job.

The allegations, which have been under investigation since last week, forced the postponement of Dr. Jackson’s confirmation hearing, planned for this Wednesday as senators scrutinize the nominee’s time leading the White House medical staff. Officials familiar with the allegations against Dr. Jackson declined to offer precise details but said that they suggest a pattern of behavior, not just one or two isolated incidents.
    “It has been really careless, maybe even negligent about the vetting in a number of these nominations,” Mr. Blumenthal said.

Senators were keeping the details of their investigation under wraps but let it be known that the allegations are serious. Senator Mazie K. Hirono, Democrat of Hawaii and a member of the Veterans Affairs Committee, said she had heard enough from colleagues to have “deep concerns” about the nomination. “This is concerning even for a very ethically challenging White House,” she said.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E SME

Only the best people.

Trump states that the Democrats are preventing hundreds of his appointees.

I highly doubt that.

Nobody wants to work for a narcissistic bully who lies and changes his mind constantly.

Unless you are a medic with a questionable past.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

"Every little thing."

Trump Blasts Vetting Process, Media for Troubled VA Pick. That’s Not How It Works.
    He also appeared to hint that Ronny Jackson withdraw from the job he nominated him for.

He’s an admiral, he’s a great leader,” the president continued. “They question him about every little thing.”
    ---
    Jackson, a combat veteran who has worked as a White House physician for 12 years, has been under intense scrutiny amid allegations from White House medical staff that include excessive drinking on the job and improperly prescribing drugs. The claims threaten what was already a fraught nomination, with lawmakers on both sides of the aisle expressing serious concerns over Jackson’s glaring lack of management experience to lead a historically troubled department

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-how-it-works/

He must have been drunk and on drugs when he stated Trump's physical exam report.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    "Every little thing."

Trump Blasts Vetting Process, Media for Troubled VA Pick. That’s Not How It Works.
    He also appeared to hint that Ronny Jackson withdraw from the job he nominated him for.

He’s an admiral, he’s a great leader,” the president continued. “They question him about every little thing.”
    ---
    Jackson, a combat veteran who has worked as a White House physician for 12 years, has been under intense scrutiny amid allegations from White House medical staff that include excessive drinking on the job and improperly prescribing drugs. The claims threaten what was already a fraught nomination, with lawmakers on both sides of the aisle expressing serious concerns over Jackson’s glaring lack of management experience to lead a historically troubled department

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-how-it-works/
    From the article
    "The president also characterized the vetting process for cabinet nominations as the work of a “vicious group of people that malign”—"

Trump is upset because a “vicious group of people that malign”— is HIS JOB!

Only the best people.

Fox News blacks out Mick Mulvaney’s admission that he sold access to lobbyists

Last night the New York Times reported Mick Mulvaney, who simultaneously holds two top positions in the Trump administration, admitted to a group of bankers that, as a Congressman, he sold access to lobbyists.

“We had a hierarchy in my office in Congress. If you’re a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn’t talk to you. If you’re a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you,” Mulvaney said.

https://thinkprogress.org/fox-news-b...-7e676e43f3d1/

I'd rather C2E than work!

Funny what a glowing report Obama gave him, but then again, it's Obama..

Nothing says "I'm totally innocent" like pleading the fifth. And that only applies to himself, not to Trump.

Michael Cohen to plead the 5th in the Stormy Daniels lawsuit

“Based on the advice of counsel, I will assert my 5th Amendment rights in connection with all proceedings in this case due to the ongoing criminal investigation by the FBI and U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York,” Cohen declared, under penalty of perjury.

Read the full declaration below:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/mic...niels-lawsuit/
    And it'll be interesting to see if Trump still feels the way he used to.

Ex-Watergate prosecutor pinpoints why Trump ‘can’t take the Fifth Amendment’

“Michael Cohen can take the Fifth Amendment,” she acknowledged. “But the President of the United States cannot say, ‘I can’t answer questions because they might incriminate me in another matter.’ That just is not politically acceptable.”

“But you know what, Jill, I have heard that and I understand why you say that, but you know, I would have thought not releasing your tax returns was political suicide,” Hayes replied. “There’s lots of things he’s done, if it comes down you either sit down and talk or plead the Fifth, he might plead the Fifth.”

“I agree that he might do it, because I’m predicting what a totally sane person would do,” Wine-Banks answered. “It would be complete chaos in the Congress if the president said, ‘I’m not answering questions because they would incriminate me.'”

Hayes said President Trump agrees, showing a highlight reel of Trump bashing defendants to assert their Fifth Amendment rights.

“You see the mob takes the Fifth,” Trump said in one clip. “If you are innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/ex-...fth-amendment/
    Last edited by kkozoriz; Yesterday at 08:04 PM.

I plead to the fifth.

A fifth of bourbon please...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_(unit)

I am in Michigan tonight with a Cuban cigar I brought from my recent trip there, a few friends and a fifth of Basil Hayden's Bourbon. Good times held by all. Too bad my C2E friends can't join me. ...
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; Yesterday at 08:10 PM.

Trump doesn't drink so he'll take the fourth (and fifth) wives.

Trump is a putz

C2E Continued Contributor

Five times Trump has bashed taking the fifth

"The mob takes the fifth. If you're innocent why are you taking the fifth amendment?"-Donald Trump

Hilarious

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748