Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,400 of 10592

Thread: Trump - misc

So you're taking Trump seriously about the Americans capturing airports? Or about Obama being born in Kenya? Or how Obama did the same family separation as Trump is doing when he really didn't? Or the meeting at Trump Tower was about adoption when there's evidence straight from Don Jr. that it was about info on Hillary from the Russians? Or that the thousands upon thousands of lies he has told are somehow actually true?

I wonder how the Republicans would have reacted if Obama called for tanks in Washington and spent millions on a military parade.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

They lost their minds when he wore a tan suit and asked for Grey Poupon mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    He said "our ports" during his speech. Not "airports".
    And if course he said: manned the fair

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    P.S. please charge up my Tesla and iphone

Trump had to ask a teacher if Canada burned down the White House.

The teacher told him that Canada was not a nation in 1812.

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.o...anada-44394156

After Trump's remedial history class, Trump ordered 50 billion dollars in tariffs against Canada...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

They lost their minds when he wore a tan suit and asked for Grey Poupon mustard.
    I like this video done on the 3rd years anniversary of Obama wearing a tan suit. https://www-gq-com.cdn.ampproject.or...it-anniversary

Watch as some of the pundits are themselves wearing a tan suit and Ronald Reagan wore one too. Actually quite a few.

Or is it allowed for a President is an older white Republican?

What about a plaid blazer?
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 05-07-2019 at 10:13 PM.

So you're taking Trump seriously about the Americans capturing airports? Or about Obama being born in Kenya? Or how Obama did the same family separation as Trump is doing when he really didn't? Or the meeting at Trump Tower was about adoption when there's evidence straight from Don Jr. that it was about info on Hillary from the Russians? Or that the thousands upon thousands of lies he has told are somehow actually true?

My point is when someone doesn’t like Trump (same for Obama, or Trudeau etc), they will find everything Trump does abhorrent. In fact, as Johnathan Hadith argues the chain of events in the mind runs the opposite way. We first develop our intuition, and then try to come up with reasonings to support that intuition. In other words, when one dislikes Trumps, it is difficult for them to see the positive things of that July 4th celebration and all they see is the gaffe or the bad weather etc.

I highly suggest Hadith’s book if anyone is interested in social psychology:

The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion

Trump is a narcissistic conman who wants always to put on a show and get constant admiration in order to stoke his ego.

I've been aware of Trump since he first came to notice back in the 1980's. For the most part, I ignored him because he was basically a harmless self promoter. However, he is now the most powerful person on the planet and what he says and does matters greatly.

If he went back to being a self-promoting real estate developer, I'd cease to care about him. But he won't. He'll be a former president who will continue to influence people.

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of people.

Proud Boys Rally Rocked by Sex, Cocaine Allegations
    Top speakers are fleeing and one-time allies are feuding as the gathering of MAGA faithful teeters.

In his tweets, Navarro made a series of allegations, claiming that Lorraine had, through the Proud Boys, threatened him “because I said I would expose the cocaine use including hers.” (Lorraine has denied using cocaine, while the Proud Boys describe themselves as “pro-drug.”)

“I denounce the proud boys as of today,” Navarro wrote. “@DeAnnaTLorraine used the proud boys to threaten my life with eminent danger [sic] because I said I would expose the cocaine use including hers. I don’t mind getting kicked out of free speech rally to stand for truth”

Complicating matters further, Navarro is still married to another woman, who he describes in a tweet as “my soon to be ex-wife.” In one tweet, Navarro chastised Lorraine, who says she dated Navarro for a few months earlier this year, for having a relationship with him while he was married.

“@DeAnnaTLorraine didn’t have a problem having an affair with me, so you shouldn’t be dating married men,” Navarro wrote.

Navarro’s tweets followed a tense confrontation that night at Harry’s Restaurant, a divey downtown Washington restaurant popular with that set of pro-Trump personalities.

Lorraine and other conservative figures associated with the rally had gathered at Harry’s the night before the Trump-centric 4th of July celebration in Washington. They were joined by the Proud Boys, a far-right club designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Proud Boys have been charged with violent attacks against their political opponents and must adhere to a series of rules, including restrictions on how much they can masturbate.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/proud-...ne-allegations

Donald Trump ‘inept’ and ‘dysfunctional’, UK ambassador to US says
    In ‘leaked’ diplomatic memos, Kim Darroch reportedly says presidency could ‘end in disgrace
    https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampp...dor-to-us-says

Britain’s ambassador in the United States has described President Donald Trump and his administration as “inept” and “uniquely dysfunctional”, according to ‘leaked’ diplomatic memos published by the Mail on Sunday.

Ambassador Kim Darroch reportedly said Trump’s presidency could “crash and burn” and “end in disgrace”, in the cache of secret cables and briefing notes sent back to Britain and seen by the newspaper.

“We don’t really believe this administration is going to become substantially more normal; less dysfunctional; less unpredictable; less faction riven; less diplomatically clumsy and inept,” Darroch allegedly wrote in one dispatch.

Donald Trump wants to be a dictator. It’s not enough just to laugh at him | Jonathan Freedland
    The paper said the most damning comments allegedly made by Darroch described Trump, who was received by the Queen during a state visit to Britain just last month, as “insecure” and “incompetent”.

Trump said of Epstein in 2002: "I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." - NY Mag, Oct 28, 2002

Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and accused of sex trafficking minors, sources say

Florida-based billionaire Jeffrey Epstein has been indicted on new charges related to alleged sex crimes involving minors, law enforcement sources told CNN on Saturday.

Epstein was arrested Saturday and is expected to appear in federal court in New York on Monday.
    Epstein faces charges brought by US prosecutors in Manhattan, after previously evading similar charges when he secured a non-prosecution deal with federal prosecutors in Miami.

The charges, contained in a sealed indictment, involve alleged sex trafficking crimes committed between 2002 and 2005, according to law enforcement sources. The indictment alleged that the crimes occurred in both New York and Palm Beach, Florida.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/06/us/je...ent/index.html

Jeffrey Epstein got a special secret plea deal from Alexander Acosta, Trump's hand picked Secretary of Labor.

Alexander Acosta is an American attorney, academic and politician who serves as the 27th United States Secretary of Labor. President Donald Trump nominated Acosta to be Labor Secretary
    In 2007–2008, as U.S. Attorney, Acosta approved a plea deal that required Jeffrey Epstein to plead guilty to state charges of prostitution, register as a sex offender and pay restitution to victims as part of a federal non-prosecution agreement.[8] The plea deal has been the subject of criticism by the Miami Herald and others.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Acosta

Trump hand picked Labor Secretary got Trump's personal pedophile billionaire friend off the hook of major time in a secret plea deal and details of which were not disclosed to the victims and unnamed unindicted co-conspirators (where have I heard that term lately?)

The investigation resulted in a 53-page federal indictment. Alexander Acosta, then the U.S. attorney for South Florida, agreed to a plea deal in which the government agreed to grant immunity from all federal criminal charges to Epstein, along with four co-conspirators and any unnamed “potential co-conspirators”. The deal halted the investigation and sealed the indictment. Epstein agreed to plead guilty to state prostitution charges, register as a sex offender, and pay restitution to three dozen victims identified by the FBI.[18] The Guardian said, "Despite this, the US government eventually agreed to allow Epstein to plead guilty to just one count of soliciting prostitution from an underage girl under Florida state law. ... Epstein agreed not to contest civil claims brought by the 40 women identified by the FBI, but escaped a prosecution that could have seen him jailed for the rest of his life."[
    Then he got a posh sentence

In June 2008, after Epstein pleaded guilty to a single state charge of soliciting prostitution from girls as young as 14,[27] he was sentenced to 18 months in prison. Instead of being sent to state prison like the majority of sex offenders convicted in Florida, Epstein was housed in a private wing of the Palm Beach County stockade. He was able to hire his own security detail and was allowed "work release" to his downtown office for up to 12 hours a day six days a week.[28] He served 13 months before being released for a year of probation. While on probation he was allowed numerous trips on his corporate jet to his homes in Manhattan and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Epstein

Epstein - Acosta - Trump

Interesting triangle

Donald Trump wants to be a dictator. It’s not enough just to laugh at him | Jonathan Freedland | Opinion | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...t-enough-laugh

Like a cornered animal, Trump lashes out on his Fox and Friends

Donald Trump Slams “Failed” Fox News: “They Forgot The People Who Got Them There!”
    https://deadline-com.cdn.ampproject....-1202642826%2F
    In a thread of tweets, Trump said, “Watching @FoxNews weekend anchors is worse than watching low ratings Fake News @CNN, or Lyin’ Brian Williams

Cornered animal? I think you’re fooling yourself.

Maybe he feels he doesn’t need them anymore. That he can now demonize all media and still win. Basically the old cult leader approach of saying: everyone, listen ONLY to me.

New WaPo poll grudgingly admits Trump’s popularity is rising

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-sha...larity-rising/

New study shows Russian propaganda may really have helped Trump
    The study does not prove Russian interference swung the election to Trump. But it did find Trump's poll numbers improved when Russian trolls were active.

The study found that every 25,000 re-tweets by accounts connected to the IRA predicted a 1 percent increase in opinion polls for Trump.

“In an interview with NBC News, Ruck said the research suggests that Russian trolls helped shift U.S public opinion in Trump's favor. As to whether it affected the outcome of the election: "The answer is that we still don't know, but we can't rule it out."“

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...trump-n1025306
    Last edited by KC; 07-07-2019 at 08:31 PM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    I think the best summary of how some people look at Trump continues to be Peter Thiel’s speech during Trump’s GOP nomination: taking him literally but not seriously. What are we trying to establish here?

For his supporters this was a nice ceremony. Despite the weather, it was a sizeable gathering.

For his opponents, there will always be something to dislike. Tanks in DC, gaffe reading teleprompter, etc

rinse. Repeat.
    Are you trying to normalize Trump’s behaviour by claiming the criticism of him is just typical left wing right wing political predisposition? There is nothing normal about Donald Trump. His behaviour towards the media women and anyone who would criticize him by name calling and lying about every facet of his existence is beyond the pale. He really doesn’t have a clue what he is doing. Nothing normal here.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-sha...larity-rising/ I find this quite hilarious, mainly because I know how much things like this would bug you haters. The real hilarity will be the next election win and four more years of the same. lol

Why does Trump not call the poll fake news? I thought that polls are all wrong, especially from the failing Washington Post.

Is it because it is positive news that suits his agenda ?

Funny that...
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 08-07-2019 at 06:25 AM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I guess in this case it would have to be the dems calling fake news.

Polls in NK show that the dear leader has a popularity of 98.9%

The other 1.1% will be shot at dawn.

Cuomo Signs a Bill to Allow Release of Trump’s State Tax Returns
    State tax officials will be required to release the returns for any ‘specified and legitimate legislative purpose’ to three congressional committees.

The noose tightens...

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-sha...larity-rising/ I find this quite hilarious, mainly because I know how much things like this would bug you haters. The real hilarity will be the next election win and four more years of the same. lol
    From that article:

Worth noting right off the bat is the fact that the 47/50 number is among registered voters and it’s significantly better than his popularity with all Americans of voting age. Being so far out from the election, there’s no point in try to model likely voters, but he’s tended to do even better in that category, so it’s conceivable that Trump is somehow approaching something in the range of 50/50. That would be rather amazing given the endless barrage of negative coverage he receives in nearly all media outlets on a 24/7 basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Polls in NK show that the dear leader has a popularity of 98.9%

The other 1.1% will be shot at dawn.

Yet in a totally free, penalty free, anonymous vote he might even win. The incumbent sometimes has a huge advantage.

Why does Trump not call the poll fake news? I thought that polls are all wrong, especially from the failing Washington Post.

Is it because it is positive news that suits his agenda ?

Funny that...

Polls these days are just propaganda tools. They may always have been no
    better than that.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post

I wonder if he would win again? I wanted Biden to sound like he had some oomph! but he doesn't..isn't he connected with Byrd, who was connected to the clan..?
    I don't like what Biden said, he would like a female running mate, well how about he be the running mate? He said, he wouldnt run unless the DNC did for him, what they did for Hillary, not in those exact words, but cripes, win on your own merit! and to the DNC dont make that mistake again..
    Animals are my passion.

I could see Elizabeth Warren as an effective President.

Common sense mid-western values

Massachusetts is mid-western?

And given how much of the mid-west voted for a self-professed sexual predator, isn't the notion of "mid-western values" a bit oxymoronic?
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenco View Post
    I think the best summary of how some people look at Trump continues to be Peter Thiel’s speech during Trump’s GOP nomination: taking him literally but not seriously. What are we trying to establish here?

For his supporters this was a nice ceremony. Despite the weather, it was a sizeable gathering.

For his opponents, there will always be something to dislike. Tanks in DC, gaffe reading teleprompter, etc

rinse. Repeat.
    Are you trying to normalize Trump’s behaviour by claiming the criticism of him is just typical left wing right wing political predisposition? There is nothing normal about Donald Trump. His behaviour towards the media women and anyone who would criticize him by name calling and lying about every facet of his existence is beyond the pale. He really doesn’t have a clue what he is doing. Nothing normal here.
    The problem is exactly this rage that you're showing. Without reading and thinking about my post, because it "appears" to you I am saying something in support of Trump...

No, I am saying this is the opposite of "just typical left wing right wing political predisposition". In normal political discourse, left and right disagree on policies but have a debate about the substance. Now we are stuck playing meme games, jokes, trolling and on both sides showing the same level of bigotry we accuse the other side. This is cognitive dissonance. Nearly half of the electorate voted for him. He is not the cause, but the symptom of the underlying issues that unless we can cut through the noise and address them, will repeat themselves. The social fabric of society is being torn. And it is spilling into Canadian politics too. You say, "He really doesn’t have a clue what he is doing". Well, how come this idio*t managed to rise to the top of the leadership ladder, beating smart, educated, connected and experienced political forces in both Republican and Democratic field. Cognitive dissonance.

1000% agree. Trump isn't the problem, just a symptom, and the problem exists on either side of the floor, and it's a race for the bottom. We are watching the collapse of a former democracy.

So much winning!

A major American steelmaker has lost 70% of its market value since Trump slapped steep tariffs on the metal last year

President Donald Trump has sought to make the US steel industry more competitive through protectionism, but tariffs levied last year have accelerated the decline of some of its largest players.

Bloomberg reported Sunday evening that a 25% tariff on imports of the metal has accelerated the decline of some of the mills Trump vowed to protect. The metal titan US Steel has lost $5.5 billion, or roughly 70%, in market value and idled two furnaces since the president announced the move in March 2018 on national security grounds

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...9-7-1028335826

Quote Originally Posted by Glenco View Post

rinse. Repeat.
    The problem is exactly this rage that you're showing. Without reading and thinking about my post, because it "appears" to you I am saying something in support of Trump...

No, I am saying this is the opposite of "just typical left wing right wing political predisposition". In normal political discourse, left and right disagree on policies but have a debate about the substance. Now we are stuck playing meme games, jokes, trolling and on both sides showing the same level of bigotry we accuse the other side. This is cognitive dissonance. Nearly half of the electorate voted for him. He is not the cause, but the symptom of the underlying issues that unless we can cut through the noise and address them, will repeat themselves. The social fabric of society is being torn. And it is spilling into Canadian politics too. You say, "He really doesn’t have a clue what he is doing". Well, how come this idio*t managed to rise to the top of the leadership ladder, beating smart, educated, connected and experienced political forces in both Republican and Democratic field. Cognitive dissonance.
    Exactly. We all have preconceived notions about how things work or are supposed to work. It blinds people to how they actually do work or will work. Recall how Trump was laughed at as a joke candidate. Well the unthinkable and impossible has happened with considerable frequency throughout history. So it seems obvious to me that people’s flawed perceptions their arrogance and narrow minded views only serve to set themselves up for some pretty destabilizing if not extremely threatening or dangerous situations.

The worst if it is the resulting push to polarize, label and castigate potential allies, thus turning them into guaranteed enemies. The old: if your not with me - you’re agin me.

An example of hatred from a death notice by someone who for the past two to three years lambasted other posters for similar or lesser vitriol:

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ____ View Post
    Too bad it's the wrong one.
    Amazing that you feel that such a comment is ok
    Last edited by KC; 08-07-2019 at 04:18 PM.

There are a certain segment of people in the United States that have being looking for someone they could crown as King. They want a strongman to take their troubles away, stop the politics, get things done and get rid of people they don't like or agree with.

We all know how that same sentiment spiralled out of control in italy in 1922 and Germany in 1933.

There are a certain segment of people in the United States that have being looking for someone they could crown as King. They want a strongman to take their troubles away, stop the politics, get things done and get rid of people they don't like or agree with.

We all know how that same sentiment spiralled out of control in italy in 1922 and Germany in 1933.
    And I suspect that segment is composed of people on the extreme right and the extreme left and other extremes such as religious extremes. Hence the history of leaders that have been able to seize power by amassing an aggressive, hostile and even militaristic following by appealing to these narrow self-serving desires.

Note that this was written long before Trump arrived on the scene, so it’s not just another Trump bashing article:

When Democracy Failed: The Warnings of History | Common Dreams Views
    March 16, 2003

“But the warnings of investigators were ignored at the highest levels, in part because the government was distracted; the man who claimed to be the nation's leader had not been elected by a majority vote and the majority of citizens claimed he had no right to the powers he coveted. He was a simpleton, some said, a cartoon character of a man who saw things in black-and-white terms and didn't have the intellect to understand the subtleties of running a nation in a complex and internationalist world. His coarse use of language - reflecting his political roots in a southernmost state - and his simplistic and often-inflammatory nationalistic rhetoric offended the aristocrats, foreign leaders, and the well-educated elite in the government and media. And, as a young man, he'd joined a secret society with an occult-sounding name and bizarre initiation rituals that involved skulls and human bones.”

“Within four weeks of the terrorist attack, the nation's now-popular leader had pushed through legislation - in the name of combating terrorism and fighting the philosophy he said spawned it - that suspended constitutional guarantees of free speech, privacy, and habeas corpus. Police could now intercept mail and wiretap phones; suspected terrorists could be ...”

Playing on this new nationalism, and exploiting a disagreement with the French over his increasing militarism, he argued that any international body that didn't act first and foremost in the best interest of his own nation was neither relevant nor useful. He thus withdrew his country from the League Of Nations in October, 1933, and then negotiated a separate naval armaments agreement with Anthony Eden of The United Kingdom to create a worldwide military ruling elite.

His propaganda minister orchestrated a campaign to ensure the people that he was a deeply religious man and that his motivations were rooted in Christianity. He even proclaimed the need for a revival of the Christian faith across his nation, what he called a "New Christianity." Every man in his rapidly growing army wore ...”

https://www.commondreams.org/views03/0316-08.htm

Last edited by KC; 08-07-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Pretty well sums it up

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Massachusetts is mid-western?
    You are off by about 2,700 kilometers. Oklahoma is the mid-west.

She was born, raised and started her family in Oklahoma. She then lived for years in Houston, Texas, later New Jersey and Pennsylvania. She has only been in Massachusetts for the past decade or so.

From that well known lefty mag, Forbes.

Trump May Be The Most Fiscally Reckless President In American History

Trump's behavior on everything and anything having to do with the federal budget has become blatantly predictable and painfully obvious. It always includes some combination of:

1. Proposing whatever he wants on revenues and spending regardless of whether it is the right policy for the economy.

2. Making up his own rules of economics, mathematics and budgeting to justify what's being proposed and make them politically palatable.

3. Discrediting the facts when they get in the way of what he wants to do and demeaning those that produce them.

4. Ignoring reality when what actually happens turns out very different from what he swore would occur.

5. Paying no attention whatsoever to the budget deficit and national debt.

Trump's big tax cut demonstrates every ingredient of this witches' brew.

First, the bill's $1.5 trillion revenue loss, debt increase and stimulus was the absolute wrong fiscal policy with the economy so strong.

Second, no amount of Trump insistence and bullying about dynamic scoring was going to make that tax cut revenue neutral.

Third, even when they came from Republican-led groups like the Joint Economic Committee, nonpartisan groups like the Congressional Budget Office and Wall Street, the analyses (and those that did them) showing Trump to be wrong were trashed by the White House.

Fourth, now that the tax cut has been enacted, Trump doesn't seem to care that his promise of a deficit-neutral bill was flat out wrong even though it will cause the budget deficit to reach record heights in good economic times.

But the tax cut is hardly the only example.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stancol...k#405e69564a94

Lying 101

The Trump administration has changed its story on the census citizenship question at least 10 times in four months

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...s-four-months/
    By JM Rieger
    Originally, it was supposed to help the Justice Department enforce the Voting Rights Act. Then the Supreme Court said that was a pretext.

It would not be used for immigration enforcement. Then it could be used to deal with the “burden” of undocumented immigrants.

It would not be used for congressional redistricting. Then it could be.

The administration would not challenge the Supreme Court ruling blocking a citizenship question on the 2020 Census. Then it decided it would.

President Trump’s renewed push to add a citizenship question to the 2020 Census has again thrown his administration, which until last week had gone nearly four months without a White House communications director, for a loop. In the interim, Trump and his officials have undercut one another’s public statements as well as the administration’s legal arguments for adding a citizenship question. You can watch them do this over and over again in the video above.

In March, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said no census data could be used for immigration enforcement.

Then, on Friday, acting U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services director Ken Cuccinelli said the citizenship question would help “financially and legally with the burden of those who are not here legally.” Forty-eight hours later, Cuccinelli reinterpreted that claim.

“That’s taken on an aggregated basis. That’s not individualized data that comes to us,” he said on CBS News’s “Face the Nation.”

After the administration asserted for months that the citizenship question would not be used for congressional redistricting, Trump said Friday that the question was needed for redistricting.

Asked Sunday whether Trump had undercut his administration’s legal argument — that redistricting was not a reason for adding the question — Cuccinelli simply said that “there are many reasons” for adding it.

One day after Ross and the Justice Department said the census form would be printed without the controversial question, Trump again contradicted them in a tweet and said the census would include the question.

Just hours later, two Justice Department attorneys phoned in to a conference call with a federal judge to explain the administration’s next steps.

One attorney told the judge that the administration would continue printing the 2020 Census without the citizenship question, saying, “As of now, the basis for the citizenship question is firmly enjoined, vacated and does not exist.” Minutes later, the second attorney weighed in.

“We at the Department of Justice have been instructed to examine whether there is a path forward, consistent with the Supreme Court’s decision, that would allow us to include the citizenship question on the census,” Assistant Attorney General Joseph Hunt said. “We think there may be a legally available path under the Supreme Court’s decision. We’re examining that, looking at near-term options to see whether that’s viable and possible.”

Four days later, the Justice Department announced it was swapping out its lawyers on the census case. No reason was given

Just “Him and Epstein” and “28 Girls”: Florida Man Drops a Dime on Trump | Vanity Fair

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...new-york-times

Satire from The Borowitz Report

U.K. Unable to Find Replacement Ambassador Who Does Not Think Trump Is an *****
    “We will search high and low until we find someone in this country who doesn’t think Donald Trump is a nitwit,” the Prime Minister said.

Sesame Street's' brutal parodies of Donald Trump

Since the 1980s, 'Sesame Street' has featured a few greedy, grouchy characters who have had names like Ronald Grump and Donald Grump. Even Joe Pesci added to the show.

A MUST listen to!!! Gets into power and influence and Trump’s response and going after all the men that enabled this.

“Today on The Current: Why did it take so long for allegations of sex trafficking against Jeffrey Epstein to come to light?”

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio...escaping-nxivm

Jeffrey Epstein: What are his famous friends saying? - BBC News

“White House advisor Kellyanne Conway also doubled down on the administration's efforts to distance the president from Mr Epstein, saying Mr Trump had not had any contact with him in "years and years and years".
    "Like everyone else", Mr Trump sees the allegations as "completely unconscionable and obviously criminal. Disgusting," she continued.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48927942

Last edited by KC; 11-07-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Acosta's press conference was a joke, no apologies to the girls/women, falsely claiming that the victim shaming has changed dramatically in 12 years (its not the 1950's and it hasn't change in 12 years, his boss, Donald Trump is shaming all his accusers and threatened to sue them as soon as he became President) and already some of the state prosecutors are challenging Acosta's accounts. Acosta played the victim card and claimed that Epstein's lawyers were pressuring him even though Acosta had full access to all of the power of the Federal Government's DOJ. He made no effort to protect the young girl, see justice was done and was just looking to get Epstein to pay more than the original bribes to the girls by asking for financial compensation and having Epstein pay for the girl's lawyers in any civil case (serious conflict of interest). Acosta's solution was to get a higher payout, again bribing the silence of the girls and sweep the whole thing under the rug in a secret plea deal rather than putting Epstein away for life.

A former state's attorney in Palm Beach County, Fla., pushed back on Wednesday against Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta's portrayal of events surrounding a favorable deal for financier Jeffrey Epstein more than a decade ago.

Barry Krischer, the Palm Beach County state's attorney at the time of the investigation, called Acosta's account, which alleged Krischer was prepared to let Epstein walk without serving jail time until Acosta's office stepped in, "completely wrong."

Acosta "should not be allowed to rewrite history," Krischer said in a statement.

The Miami U.S. Attorney’s Office had prepared a federal indictment against Epstein, but it was never filed. Acosta has also faced criticism for failing to disclose the plea deal to Epstein’s victims, something he said would have jeopardized the agreement.

Krischer downplayed his office's role in the eventual plea deal, and alleged the U.S. Attorney's Office abandoned its federal indictment after "secret negotiations between Mr. Epstein's lawyers and Mr. Acosta."

"If Mr. Acosta was truly concerned with the State’s case and felt he had to rescue the matter, he would have moved forward with the 53-page indictment that his own office drafted," Krischer said.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...sta-account-of

What drives me nuts is the law is not blind and fair

If you have money, you get treated totally different than if you are a regular person.

I recall during the OJ Simpson Trial, one episode of 60 Minutes showed how OJ walked into court in an expensive suit and had a team of lawyers. At the same time, a Vietnamese American who also stabbed his wife, was shown in his court appearance with no lawyer, in a orange prison jumpsuit, handcuffed and leg irons even during questioning. Any jail time for rich and famous people is more like a hotel than a prison

Epstein, Trump, Bill Clinton and all the other rich and powerful men who have broken the law, should not be given a free ride

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 11-07-2019 at 10:16 AM.

The Republicans Who Made Trump Possible Cannot Remove the Badge of Shame | The Nation

Excerpt:

“they invariably rallied around Trump when it mattered.

No Republican was guiltier of this than Ryan. The speaker of the House and the 2012 Republican vice presidential nominee was supposedly the embodiment of a conservative, yet “responsible,” Republicanism during the period in which what had once been “the party of Lincoln” was reorganized as not just the party of Wall Street (favored by Ryan and his allies) but the party of Trump.

Ryan’s steadfast refusal to reject Trump’s 2016 candidacy—even as the Wisconsin Republican griped about Trump’s extreme statements—sent a signal that Trump was acceptable to the elites of the Grand Old Party. ”

https://www.thenation.com/article/pa...rican-carnage/

Trump’s Labor Secretary Alex Acosta resigns amid pressure from Jeffrey Epstein sex traffic case
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/12/labo...tein-case.html
    His resignation came two days after Acosta gave a press conference in which he had defended a controversial non-prosecution agreement he had cut with Epstein’s lawyers in 2007, when he was the top prosecutor in Miami. The issue resurfaced on July 6, when the politically-connected Epstein, whose friends have included Trump and former President Bill Clinton, was arrested on sex trafficking charges last week. Epstein had long been under investigation by both federal and local law enforcement for sex crimes against underage girls that took place from 2002 to 2005 in New York and Florida.

Acosta, as U.S. attorney for southern Florida, struck a controversial secret plea deal with Epstein allowing him to avoid prosecution on similar charges more than a decade earlier. The non-prosecution agreement struck between Epstein and Acosta’s office was also concealed from the victims in the case. A Florida judge ruled in February, 2019 that the team of Miami prosecutors led by Acosta broke the law when they hid the deal from the more than 30 underage victims who had allegedly been sexually abused by Epstein.
    I have noticed a shift by Fox News, that they are becoming more balanced, they are starting to be more critical of Trump and his administration

Lawyer for Epstein victims claims Acosta hid federal immunity deal from his clients, invites him to visit Florida to explain
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/lawyer-fo...ome-to-florida
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 12-07-2019 at 08:06 AM.

I have noticed a shift by Fox News, that they are becoming more balanced, they are starting to be more critical of Trump and his administration
    They're every bit as terrible as ever, they just realize the 'useful *****' isn't as useful as he once was & know better than to follow him off the cliff. Rats leaving a sinking ship are still filthy, disgusting, disease-spreading pests.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

I agree, but with the huge right wing audience of Fox News, that propaganda machine is now changing its tune. This will begin to soften Trump's base and place questions in their minds about what is really going on in his administration.

Before the Nixon impeachment began, he had as much as a 66% approval rating and only 19% of the polled population agreed on impeaching him. When he left office, his polls were 24%

Trump never had more than 45% approval ratings and as many as 38% (double that of Nixon) of the polled population agreed on impeaching him.

People are sheep, but once they realize that they were mislead, they will bolt.

What amazes me, is how Trump can disavow all his hand chosen people, claim that they are stupid and incompetent and he all the while stated that he would surround himself 'only with the best people'

If you're still amazed at the unbridled hypocrisy, narcissism, projection and/or lies spewed out by Dolt45 (and his base) you must have a low threshold for amazement.

No, I am amazed that he wa elected at all, let alone survived a year. It is not just him, how the GOP threw out any principles and his 40 million followers are so blind.

It is the depth and conviction of even some of my friends here in Canada that amazes me and now understand how others people in history fell for dictators and narcissists.

No, I am amazed that he wa elected at all, let alone survived a year. It is not just him, how the GOP threw out any principles and his 40 million followers are so blind.

It is the depth and conviction of even some of my friends here in Canada that amazes me and now understand how others people in history fell for dictators and narcissists.
    Half the world, the ideologically limited left half, thought it was impossible right up to the election. Didn’t fit with their silo’ed perception of reality. Here’s first thread on c2e on Trump which I started when near everyone couldn’t think he had a chance:

What if Donald Trump becomes President

08-12-2015, 09:42
    KC

What if Donald Trump becomes President
    Well, here goes - the thread no one wanted to see on c2e.

Your thoughts, jokes, etc.

What would it mean for Canada, Alberta, Edmonton?

http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...omes-President

Shame we're not all enlightened centrists like yourself, eh KC?

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Shame we're not all enlightened centrists like yourself, eh KC?
    I’m not a centrist. You’re on the wrong plane.

Donald Trump just threw Paul Ryan under a bus

Donald J. [email protected]

Paul Ryan, the failed V.P. candidate & former Speaker of the House, whose record of achievement was atrocious (except during my first two years as President), ultimately became a long running lame duck failure, leaving his Party in the lurch both as a fundraiser & leader......
    Is there anyone who hasn't been thrown under Trump's bus? Take a number, Trump will get to you.

Paul Ryan, the failed V.P. candidate & former Speaker of the House, whose record of achievement was atrocious (except during my first two years as President), ultimately became a long running lame duck failure, leaving his Party in the lurch both as a fundraiser & leader......
    Is there anyone who hasn't been thrown under Trump's bus? Take a number, Trump will get to you.
    Why would Trump go after Ryan now? Let's see.

Acosta, the child rape enabler goes out one door. A promoter of sweatshops comes in another.

Trump’s Pick to Run the Labor Department Promoted Sweatshops on Remote US Islands
    Patrick Pizzella worked with Jack Abramoff to organize congressional junkets to this “laboratory of liberty.”

Update: On July 12, President Donald Trump announced on Twitter that Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta will be replaced on an acting basis by Deputy Secretary of Labor Patrick Pizzella. As Mother Jones reported after reviewing hundreds of pages of billing records and emails, Pizzella worked in the late 1990s with disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff to promote a sweatshop economy in the Northern Mariana Islands, a US territory.

This story originally ran on August 22, 2017:

There’s lobbying, and then there’s working with Jack Abramoff to promote the sweatshop economy on remote Pacific islands. If you want to know about that kind of lobbying, you can ask Patrick Pizzella, President Donald Trump’s pick to be deputy labor secretary. Or maybe you can’t.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...te-us-islands/

No, they are NOT more balanced.

Fox news is 100% pro-estblishment Republicans. They've never really been "pro-Trump" Fox bashed the hell out of Trump in 2015 in the primaries when he was against Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio.

Still, their network is as much trash as CNN or MSNBC.

Trump pretty much throws people under the bus indiscriminately as needed, close friends or not. Loyalty in Trump city is a pretty much a one way street. However, those closer to him that have been thrown under the bus can sometimes later pop back into Trumps circle, if they don't hold grudges. I don't think Ryan was ever a close friend of Trumps, he was just a needed ally at times, so I doubt he expects he will be going to dinners at the White House regularly in the future anyways.

Almost the whole Republican leadership is complicit in the rise of Trump and his ideas, not just Ryan. If Trump fails in the next election, the party will have a hard time removing the stench and returning it to whatever traditional Republican positions it may have once had.

Donald Barr (Bill Barr's Dad) wrote a novel in 1974 when Epstein worked with him about being sold into sex slavery.

https://twitter.com/BurnsPhoenix/sta...61142677544960
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

During the 2 term Presidencies of Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama, it was a concern when they lost a Labor Secretary, replaced an intelligence chief, a former senior Congressman writes a tell all book and the President exposes a pending immigration raid.

For Donald Trump, that is just a Friday...

What a difference a year makes.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

despite the departures so far, the fact the donald is still president is hard to believe.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbsn...eir-countries/

his election was and is a stain on his country.

the fact impeachment proceedings are not yet well underway is an equally egregious stain.

anyone who is not afraid should be.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

And the Republicans wanted to impeach Obama and repeated called him, not Presidential...

Trump accused of ‘racist and disgusting’ tweets after urging liberal congresswomen of colour to leave U.S.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...rging-liberal/

Question, how is Melania's 'Be Best' anti cyber bullying project coming along?

Trump accused of ‘racist and disgusting’ tweets after urging liberal congresswomen of colour to leave U.S.

Trump's grandparents were not english speaking background - I bet they got told to "go back from where they came from", as did many of our grandparents. We are a nation of immigrants, as is the US. How quickly some people forget.

By the way, didn't Trump marry an immigrant? Hopefully she hasn't been told to go back to where she came from. Oh yeah, she's white, so I suppose in Donald's mind that's different and that's why he is being called a racist.

Yes Dave, racist xenophobes tell immigrants, "go back from where they came from", but you missed the point that 3 of the Congresswomen were born in the US and the other was a 12 year old refugee. Furthermore, this is supposed to be the President of the United States and he was elected by the same process as the Congresswomen.

You give Trump a pass on racist his statement just because you theorize that some ***** did it to his grand parents 100 years ago and therefore makes it alright to say now???

C2E Continued Contributor

It's quite the coincidence that he has a habit of assuming non-white people are not American. AOC, Omar, Tliab, Pressley, Obama, I'm sure it's just a harmless mix up that has nothing at all to do with the colour of their skin.

I mean how was he supposed to know that 4/5 were born in America? What are the chances.
    Last edited by seamusmcduffs; 14-07-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Trump's grandparents were not english speaking background - I bet they got told to "go back from where they came from", as did many of our grandparents. We are a nation of immigrants, as is the US. How quickly some people forget.

By the way, didn't Trump marry an immigrant? Hopefully she hasn't been told to go back to where she came from. Oh yeah, she's white, so I suppose in Donald's mind that's different and that's why he is being called a racist.

He didn't marry an immigrant, he married two, Ivana and Melania.

Trump pushes up in polls as he plays to his racist mob mentality.

Trump’s Tweets Prove That He Is a Raging Racist
    It is undeniably true that America’s president opposes diversity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/14/o...er-racism.html

Excerpts;
    Donald Trump keeps trying to convince any disbelieving holdouts that he is a raging racist. At least, that’s how I imagine his motives. In truth, it is more likely that his truest nature is simply being revealed, again and again, and he is using his own racism to appeal to the racism in the people who support him.

On Sunday morning, the same day that the Trump administration earlier announced it would conduct raids to round up undocumented immigrants, Trump weighed in again on the conflict between four female freshmen congresswomen and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, tweeting a series of three of the most racist tweets he could produce:
    But, this is the most important fact: They aren’t white, and they are women. They are “other” in the framing of the white nationalists. They are descendants of Africa, the Middle East and Latin America.

The central framing of this kind of thinking is that this is a white country, founded and built by white men, and destined to be maintained as a white country. For anyone to be accepted as truly American they must assimilate and acquiesce to that narrative, to bow to that heritage and bend to those customs.

It sees a country from which black and brown people come as deficient — “a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world” — because, at its base, it sees black and brown people as deficient.
    Waiting for Trump's C2E apologists to come to his rescue and attempt to spin that he was misquoted and the left wing media is at fault...

Coming into office, Trump vindictively destroyed every aspect of the Obama Presidency. When he leave, I seriously worry that no matter how Trump leaves office, even if he loses a decisive and fair election, he will not go quietly and will set fire to his base and lead them on a scorched-earth policy, possibly leading to a second American Civil War.

I agree and feel that Trump is deliberately manipulating his followers as part of his long game.
    Last edited by KC; 15-07-2019 at 07:21 AM.

MrOilers... It would be good for you to chime in this thread again... I remember you telling me Trump and his supporters are not racist? I think you owe us all a retraction, or at least an apology and admittance that you were wrong.

I know.... that's a huge ask of you... but it would show you have some strength in your character.

You are asking MrOilers for an apology and a show of strength of character?

Trump plays the victim. His followers and the GOP go along with him.

Trump Demands Apology From Democratic Congresswomen He Attacked in Racist Diatribe
    Even Theresa May condemned the president’s “go back” home tweets as “completely unacceptable.”

President Donald Trump is refusing to back down from his racist tweetstorm in which he told four Democratic congresswomen of color—all of whom are American citizens, with only one born outside of the United States—to “go back” to the countries from which they came. Instead, he ratcheted up his attack on Monday by asserting that the congresswomen owe him an apology.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...cist-diatribe/

How do you defend Trump? By denying that he said what he actually said.

GOP lawmaker offers most absurd defense yet to show Trump’s racist attacks are ‘clearly not racist’

"During an interview with reporter Bryan Nehman of local Maryland news station WBAL, Harris claimed that Trump telling Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Rashida Tlaib (D-MI), and Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) to “go back” to the “crime infested places from which they came” was “clearly not racist” because Trump “could have meant go back to the district they came from–to the neighborhood they came from.”

In fact, Trump’s racist tweets from over the weekend specifically said that the Democratic lawmakers “originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world,” despite the fact that three of them were born in the United States and all four of them are American citizens."

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/gop...ly-not-racist/

The Republican defence of Trump gets stepped up a notch and Lindsey Graham defends him and attacks the congresswomen. Trump retweets as approval.

Graham declines to condemn racist Trump tweets and calls Democratic congresswomen 'a bunch of communists'

Graham's comments, which were later tweeted out by Trump, are the latest example of congressional Republican alignment with Trump in the face of fierce controversy.
    "Well, we all know that (New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez) and this crowd are a bunch of communists, they hate Israel, they hate our own country," Graham said during an appearance on "Fox and Friends." "They're calling the guards along our border, the border patrol agents, 'concentration camp guards.' They accuse people who support Israel of doing it for the Benjamins. They're anti-Semitic. They're anti-America."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/15/polit...men/index.html
    You know who else is calling the camps concentration camps? Jewish holocaust survivors.

Holocaust Survivor: Yes, the Border Detention Centers Are Like Concentration Camps
    Republicans think comparing the cramped border detention centers to concentration camps is offensive to Holocaust survivors. Ruth Bloch, 93, begs to differ.

When Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) called the detention centers “concentration camps on our southern border,” she was met with pushback from Republicans as well as the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, which claimed the analogy diminished the memory of those lost during the Holocaust. But a growing number of Holocaust and genocide experts have signed an open letter supporting the congresswoman, urging the museum to retract their statement.

Asked whether she found the comparison offensive, Bloch said: “No, I identify.”

Bloch said the conditions reported at the border camps sound painfully similar to her own. “It’s the same conditions I lived through—we never had soap, but we had water, cold water, and not necessarily a shower. No toilet paper. It was inhuman.”

“[In concentration camps] people have no control over their lives,” she continued. “You have to go to sleep when the light goes out, you have to eat when they want you to eat. You can’t express your own thoughts, because you might get penalized for that.”

Bloch said migrants today and Jews during World War II faced the same stark choice: Leave and face great danger, or stay and die.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/holoca...ntration-camps

Every time I hear Trump and the Republicans call the Democrats as socialists and communists, I think of the McCarthy era

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

He didn't marry an immigrant, he married two, Ivana and Melania.
    Well, one at a time, but yes two of his three wives have been immigrants and not even from his favorite Aryan country Norway, or is it Sweden?

Every time I hear Trump and the Republicans call the Democrats as socialists and communists, I think of the McCarthy era
    Nope, they actually do that regularly still, usually mostly when they are very flustered and don't have anything intelligent to say.

Yes Dave, racist xenophobes tell immigrants, "go back from where they came from", but you missed the point that 3 of the Congresswomen were born in the US and the other was a 12 year old refugee. Furthermore, this is supposed to be the President of the United States and he was elected by the same process as the Congresswomen.

You give Trump a pass on racist his statement just because you theorize that some ***** did it to his grand parents 100 years ago and therefore makes it alright to say now???
    I didn't miss the point, I chose to make another point. Calling Trump and his cowardly, complicit Republicans gang racists for the 1,000th time isn't going to change anything. Trump actually thrives on name calling and division. He was called a racist hundreds of times in the last election and that worked so well for the Democrats last time didn't it?

I also didn't say it is ok for him to do it now because what was done to his grandparents. I don't know where the heck you got that from. I am trying to make the point we are a country of immigrants, most of us. Guess you totally missed that.

In the last election, Trump lost control of the Congress.

Then the real investigations began

Elections have consequences

Trump doubles down.

Trump Stages Full-Blown, Racist Meltdown at “Made in America” Event

President Donald Trump on Monday further escalated his racist attacks against four Democratic congresswomen of color who have been sharply critical of his presidency by telling the freshmen lawmakers that they were free to “leave” the country if they were unhappy with his administration.

“If you’re not happy here, then you can leave,” Trump told reporters in a chaotic news conference for a “Made in America” event at the White House. “As far as I’m concerned, if you hate our country, if you’re not happy here, you can leave.”

He then dismissed the firestorm he created on Sunday after targeting a group of freshmen Democrats—all of whom are American citizens with only one born outside of the US—telling them in nakedly racist terms to “go back” and fix their home countries. “A lot of people love it, by the way. A lot of people love it,” Trump said on Monday, referring to the incendiary tweetstorm, which has since drawn fierce condemnation from Democrats, but few reactions from Republicans.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-OAqymCl7pBG3o

In the last election, Trump lost control of the Congress.

Then the real investigations began

Elections have consequences
    I was referring to the last election Trump ran in. He is more effective at divisive identity politics (as the Republicans like to call it) than his surrogates are, so the Presidential election will be different than the mid terms.

Given the time table of the next Presidential election (as a Canadian I don't always think about that the Americans are always seeming to have some sort of election or another), I doubt there will be a Watergate moment by then, but who knows for sure. The steady drip, drip of the investigations may erode or limit Trump's support some, but he is also good at playing the victim or mis-characterizing the facts like he did with the Muller investigation and then finding some way to wiggle out of it. He is more venal than Nixon, but also more agile and more shameless than him.

Whatever the case, I hope the Democrats are not naive this time expecting Trump to play fair or play by the rules. I suspect he will have a big bag of dirty tricks that will make what Bush did to Dukakis looks like child's play.

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    MrOilers... It would be good for you to chime in this thread again... I remember you telling me Trump and his supporters are not racist? I think you owe us all a retraction, or at least an apology and admittance that you were wrong.

I know.... that's a huge ask of you... but it would show you have some strength in your character.
    His strategy with these ones is to dip out of the thread for a few days, post something completely unrelated, and when he get's called out on it, whine that he can't possibly keep up with everything that's going on in the news, and berate you for being so obsessed with him and Trump. And never actually address the comment of course.

It's really predictable actually.
    Last edited by seamusmcduffs; 15-07-2019 at 02:12 PM.

10 stages of Trump employment

One of Trump's "fine people" get sentenced.

Charlottesville driver gets life in prison for attack

According to a federal indictment, Fields posted on social media the night before the rally on August 12, 2017, to express and promote "his belief that white people are superior to other races and peoples; expressed support of the social and racial policies of Adolf Hitler and Nazi-era Germany, including the Holocaust; and espoused violence against African Americans, Jewish people and members of other racial, ethnic and religious groups he perceived to be non-white."

As Fields was preparing to leave his home in Maumee, Ohio, to travel to Charlottesville the day before the rally, he received a text from a relative asking him to be careful at the rally, according to the indictment.

"We're not the ones who need to be careful," Fields responded, attaching a photo of Hitler, according to the indictment.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/15/us/ch...nce/index.html

Famous quote of how witnesses to racism and political tyranny by a demagogue slowly eroded the morals, ethics and the rule of law under a constitution.

First they came for the Communists
    And I did not speak out
    Because I was not a Communist

Then they came for the Socialists
    And I did not speak out
    Because I was not a Socialist

Then they came for the trade unionists
    And I did not speak out
    Because I was not a trade unionist

Then they came for the Jews
    And I did not speak out
    Because I was not a Jew

Then they came for me
    And there was no one left
    To speak out for me
    ....the people who were put in the camps then were Communists. Who cared about them? We knew it, it was printed in the newspapers. Who raised their voice, maybe the Confessing Church? We thought: Communists, those opponents of religion, those enemies of Christians - "should I be my brother's keeper?"

Then they got rid of the sick, the so-called incurables. - I remember a conversation I had with a person who claimed to be a Christian. He said: Perhaps it's right, these incurably sick people just cost the state money, they are just a burden to themselves and to others. Isn't it best for all concerned if they are taken out of the middle [of society]? -- Only then did the church as such take note.

Then we started talking, until our voices were again silenced in public. Can we say, we aren't guilty/responsible?

The persecution of the Jews, the way we treated the occupied countries, or the things in Greece, in Poland, in Czechoslovakia or in Holland, that were written in the newspapers. … I believe, we Confessing-Church-Christians have every reason to say: mea culpa, mea culpa! We can talk ourselves out of it with the excuse that it would have cost me my head if I had spoken out.
    Martin Niemöller was a German Lutheran pastor and theologian born in Lippstadt, Germany, in 1892. Niemöller was an anti-Communist and supported Adolf Hitler's rise to power at first. But when Hitler insisted on the supremacy of the state over religion, Niemöller became disillusioned. He became the leader of a group of German clergymen opposed to Hitler. In 1937 he was arrested and eventually confined in Sachsenhausen and Dachau. He was released in 1945 by the Allies. He continued his career in Germany as a clergyman and as a leading voice of penance and reconciliation for the German people after World War II. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...

Makes you proud to be a Canadian!

Trudeau on Trump tweets: 'That is not how we do things in Canada'

Asked his thoughts on Trump’s comments and whether or not he thought they were racist, Trudeau said: "I think Canadians and indeed people around the world know exactly what I think about those particular comments.That is not how we do things in Canada. A Canadian is a Canadian, is a Canadian and the diversity of our country is actually one of our greatest strengths and a source of tremendous resilience and pride for Canadians and we will continue to defend that," Trudeau said.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politi...nada-1.4508755

Republicans defend Trump tweets, say ‘squad’ engages in personal attacks
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5499941/r...sonal-attacks/

Oh yes, Trump is soooo innocent, he never makes personal attacks. He is always so presidential, diplomatic and an icon of self control.

The 598 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on ...
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...r-insults.html
    As of Jan 28, 2016

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Democratic Representative Al Green of Texas will file articles of impeachment against President Trump on Tuesday. Hmmm interesting
    Last edited by Drumbones; 16-07-2019 at 05:36 PM.

NYT opinion, by Thomas Friedman
    ‘Trump’s Going to Get Re-elected, Isn’t He?’
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/o...rump-2020.html

So, I wasn’t surprised to hear so many people expressing fear that the racist, divisive, climate-change-denying, woman-abusing jerk who is our president was going to get re-elected, and was even seeing his poll numbers rise.

Dear Democrats: This is not complicated! Just nominate a decent, sane person, one committed to reunifying the country and creating more good jobs, a person who can gain the support of the independents, moderate Republicans and suburban women who abandoned Donald Trump in the midterms and thus swung the House of Representatives to the Democrats and could do the same for the presidency. And that candidate can win!

I think Friedman is reading the signs correctly, but his prescription of what to do misses the mark. As he points out, it seems Democrats are failing to deliver an effective response to the forces that has delivered Trump. Friedman suggests all Democrats need to do is go back to the political-center of pre-Trump era and things will be back to normal. Unfortunately, in my opinion, many of those pro-growth policies contributed to the societal divide that unleashed the anti-establishment sentiment in many western democracies.

Trump goes completely racist demagogue at North Carolina rally, breaking the laws of his own EEOC department.

Demagogue /ˈdɛməɡɒɡ/ (from Greek δημαγωγός, a popular leader, a leader of a mob or rabble-rouser is a leader who gains popularity in a democracy by exploiting prejudice and ignorance to arouse the common people against elites, whipping up the passions of the crowd and shutting down reasoned deliberation. Demagogues overturn established norms of political conduct, or promise or threaten to do so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demagogue

Federal Law Says 'Go Back To Where You Came From' Counts As Discrimination
    The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission cites the phrase President Trump recently used against four congresswomen as workplace harassment.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b085eda5a390cc
    The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has written specific rules that protect people, mostly immigrants, against employment discrimination on the basis of their national origin. The agency is responsible for enforcing laws that prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age and disability.

“Ethnic slurs and other verbal or physical conduct because of nationality are illegal if they are severe or pervasive and create an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment, interfere with work performance, or negatively affect job opportunities,” the commission said on its website to describe harassment based on national origin.

“Examples of potentially unlawful conduct include insults, taunting, or ethnic epithets, such as making fun of a person’s foreign accent or comments like, ‘Go back to where you came from,’ whether made by supervisors or co-workers,” it continued.
    Inciting a mob is also illegal

This is the worst we have seen in America since Joseph McCarthy or the fascist rally at Madison Square Gardens in n New York City on February 20, 1939. Some 20,000 Nazi fascists attended.

Donald "I don't have a racist bone in my body" Trump in 1993

Donald Trump and Federal Indian Policy: ‘They Don’t Look Like Indians to Me’

"In 1993, Donald Trump appeared before the United States House of Representatives Committee on Natural Resources to offer testimony on Indian gaming. 1993 Donald Trump bears a striking resemblance to Presidential Candidate Donald Trump, in terms of demeanor and language – Trump’s oral testimony is consistent with the language he has used throughout his campaign for President.

Most of Trump’s testimony focused on Indian gaming itself, and his perception that the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act granted tribes an unfair advantage over his own gaming enterprises.

But, it was another part of Trump’s testimony that caught my attention. He questioned the legitimacy of Indian tribes based upon the physical appearance of their members. Here is an exchange he had with Rep. Miller of California:

Mr. Miller*. Is this you discussing Indian blood: “We are going to judge people by whether they have Indian blood,” whether they are qualified to run a gaming casino or not?*

Mr. Trump*. That probably is me, absolutely, because I’ll tell you what, if you look—if you look at some of the reservations that you have approved—you, sir, in your great wisdom, have approved— will tell you right now, they don’t look like Indians to me, and they don’t look like Indians. Now maybe we say politically correct or not politically correct. They don’t look like Indians to me, and they don’t look like Indians to Indians, and a lot of people are laughing at it, and you are telling how tough it is, how rough it is, to get approved. Well, you go up to Connecticut, and you look. Now, they don’t look like Indians to me, sir.*

The written hearing records also include a transcript from his appearance on the Don Imus show earlier that same year:

Don Imus Show (June 18, 1993)

TRUMP*: Well, I think I might have more Indian blood than a lot of the so-called Indians that are trying to open up the reservations.*

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountryto...EmWqXcgAr93Ew/

Trump lied when there's video evidence to the contrary?

Colour me shocked.

Trump Attempts to Disavow “Send Her Back” Chant He Visibly Enjoyed During Rally
    Video of the event shows Trump shows the president is lying.

President Donald Trump on Thursday attempted to distance himself from the “send her back” chants that erupted at a campaign rally the previous night during his tirade about Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), a naturalized US citizen who as a child fled Somalia’s civil war. Trump now claims he “was not happy” with the bigoted refrain.

“I was not happy with it,” Trump told reporters from the Oval Office. “I disagree with it.”

Asked why he didn’t stop his supporters from continuing with the chant, Trump insisted that he, in fact, did. “Well, number one, I think I did. I started speaking very quickly,” he claimed. “I disagree with it, by the way. It was quite a chant, and I felt a little bit badly about it.”

But videos of the rally show Trump nearly basking in the crowd’s chants and and listening to it for more than 10 seconds before proceeding with his remarks. Despite video evidence contradicting Trump’s comments from the Oval Office, several news outlets ran with the headline the president clearly desired.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-during-rally/

"I had nothing to do with it." - Donald Trump

FBI warrants show Trump's close involvement in hush money effort

The documents reveal that Trump spoke with Cohen on the phone at least twice on the day that Cohen initiated a $131,000 wire transfer, money that would eventually make its way to Daniels.

The date was October 26, 2016, less than two weeks before the general election. Within 30 minutes of speaking to Trump, Cohen called up his bank, opened a new account, and transferred $131,000 to that new account. All the while, Cohen was also in communication with Daniels' lawyer and giving him wiring instructions, according to the filings.

The timing is key because prosecutors have previously alleged that Cohen acted "in coordination with and at the direction" of Trump when he made the payments, which were illegal under federal campaign finance laws.

Following the last of the calls, Howard text Cohen confirming the deal. "Keith will do it. Let's reconvene tomorrow."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/18/polit...nts/index.html

All the trumpets at the trump rally chanting "send her back"... Absolutely deplorable. Even Trump is distancing himself from that... He incited the crowd though

And the Republicans, the Party of Lincoln, lie through their teeth saying that Trump is not a racists and then attack Democrats in an obscene act of hypocrisy.

"We screwed up the paperwork that identifies your children so we hired a company run by a friend of ours to do DNA tests."

The Trump Administration Is Making Immigrant Parents Pay $800 for DNA Tests to Get Their Kids Back

The tests are the latest ad hoc effort by the Trump administration to reunite families it had separated—in some cases because authorities took documents from adults proving they are related to their children. The tests are being administered by a private contractor on behalf of the Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Refugee Resettlement, which oversees the care and housing of children. HHS has refused to name the contractor, which may be a violation of federal law.
    HHS replied by claiming that they provide DNA tests free of charge, but reports from both the director for the immigrant shelter where the women are staying and an immigration lawyer who works with the shelter contradict that. The women are reportedly being told to pay between $700 and $800.

This corresponds with other stories of the government demanding steep fees to release immigrant children from custody. Family members already in the U.S. who attempt to sponsor detained children have been told they must pay hefty airplane tickets. A construction worker in Los Angeles, for example, tried to take in a 14-year-old relative taken from her mother when crossing the border. The girl would only be released into the custody of a family member—and only if that family member paid $1,800 to fly her and an escort from Houston. Immigrant and youth-rights advocates have accused the government of trying to raise barriers that make it impossible for typically poor people to free their family members.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trum...-sh&soc_trk=fb

Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast