Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,100 of 8117

Thread: Trump - misc

Flawless. And the women Kavanaugh assaulted are "evil". Trump in a nutshell.

Trump: ‘People that are evil’ tried to bring down ‘flawless person’ Brett Kavanaugh

“I decided on Brett,” Trump recalled. “I said he’s flawless. This is a flawless person, the best student, the best scholar, the great intellect, incredible record over many years.”

---

“It was a disgraceful situation brought about by people that are evil,” the president added. “And he toughed it out.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/tru...ett-kavanaugh/

The master of "fake news"

WATCH: Donald Trump Says ‘Every Single Democrat in the US Senate Has Signed Up for…the Open Borders Bill’At his rally in Topeka, Kansas, Saturday, President Donald Trump spoke of a bill created by Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein of California. The bill Trump spoke of is called the Open Borders Bill.

He stated:

“Every single democrat in the US Senate has signed up for open borders and its a billed called The Open Borders Bill and it’s written by, guess who, Dianne Feinstein. Remember the leaking, right? The leaking Dianne Feinstein.”

“If the democrat’s bill ever becomes law, a tidal wave of drugs and crime will pour into our nation like never ever before.”

Trump’s supporters echoed his statements online to bolster support for Republican candidates leading up to the November midterms.

---

There is a problem with the President’s characterizations of the bill however, namely, that the bill does not actually exist.

A review of the bills currently in committee in the Senate as well as those officially submitted or up for other review or vote yields no records of an “Open Borders Bill” or one that does the things Trump claims his fictitious Feinstein bill would do.

In addition to Twitter amplifying the President’s false claims of a Democrat created and fully supported “Open Borders Bill,” the Steve Bannon founded Breitbart and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ Infowars jumped on Trump’s false claims.

https://secondnexus.com/news/trump-d...2dc93302272904

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Anyone engaging in violent acts (or threatening violent acts) should be arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

People need to be allowed to engage in peaceful protests, peaceful assemblies, and have freedom to say whatever they want others to hear. However, political violence needs to be clamped down on harshly.
    Sounds nice and simple. However sometimes it’s the police or some other official entity that instigates violence or poses as protestors and instigated violence or property damage for whatever reason (valid reasons or not I don’t know). Not sure how the law deals with that or if there is even a law to deal with that.

Moreover haven’t peaceful protestors been told to move or leave an area. So the escalation occurs at the point of officials interrupting a peaceful protest.

The old idea of self-defence is always used to justify attacking and going to war with others.

Undercover officer pulls gun on Oakland protesters after cover blown | US news | The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...and-protesters

Quebec police admit they went undercover at Montebello protest
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/quebe...otest-1.656171

Spontaneous Uprising? Corporate Lobbyists Helping To Orchestrate Radical Anti-Obama Tea Party Protests
    https://thinkprogress.org/spontaneou...y-dabd014bbfb/

Why Would Police Risk Planting a Violent Protester? – Political Violence at a Glance

“The quote is from a blog post at The Independent. To understand why police would do this, it is helpful to think of protest—police interaction as a strategic interaction in which both police and protesters are trying to goad the other into “unprovoked violence” (aka disproportionate reaction...”

http://politicalviolenceataglance.or...ent-protester/

The Riot Act: Evidence that a Paramilitary Police Response Actually Ramps Up Violence

Nick Adams and his colleagues at Berkeley’s Institute for Data Science crunched data gleaned from almost 200 Occupy protests held in various U.S. cities in 2011. Adams agrees his findings merely confirm what many considered obvious: Americans don’t like it when challenged by paramilitary police, and such encounters may induce even relatively mellow protestors to decidedly aggro behavior.

“But the value of this study is that it is based on evidence, not intuition,” he observes. “It identifies violence when it is strategic—that is, when police deliberately show up in military gear with an intention to raid or confront aggressively. And it tracks confrontation and response across timelines—who does what to whom, and when. We were able to identify those points when violence escalated, and we were able to determine the contributing factors.” ...

https://alumni.berkeley.edu/californ...actually-ramps
    Last edited by KC; 08-10-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Unless they're native or protesting a pipeline or both. They you need to call in the militarized police at the very least.

We all recall peaceful law students behind chain link fences in Vancouver being assaulted by RCMP with indiscriminate use of pepper spray.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    We all recall peaceful law students behind chain link fences in Vancouver being assaulted by RCMP with indiscriminate use of pepper spray.
    Were the officers prosecuted to the full extent of the law?

Better details below (some context and more complete facts):

Mercer Blasted APEC Protesters with Pepper Spray | The Tyee
    https://thetyee.ca/News/2009/10/22/MercerPepperSpray/
    Last edited by KC; 08-10-2018 at 09:10 PM.

In that one case but many others do not. My daughter was pepper sprayed with other patrons by police in Montreal while sitting in an outdoor cafe while a peaceful protest was nearby that refused to move. Passive resistance.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Ha ha.

I thought this one was hilarious:

I'd rather C2E than work!

Very funny!..lol

Another one bites the dust. Anyone keeping track?

Nikki Haley to leave U.S. ambassador to UN position 'at the end of the year'

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Tuesday U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley is leaving the administration “at the end of the year.”

Trump spoke as he and Haley met in the Oval Office, shortly after word came of her plans to resign.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/wor...3-4f43cf9ebdd4

You'd think that the Trumpers would learn that if you're going to make a claim, at least make it something that won't be proven false as soon as you say it.

The Face of #HimToo Speaks Out Against His Mother’s Viral Post
    The internet plot twist comes amid a Republican push to energize voters with their own #HimToo angle.

In the wake of the sexual assault allegations against now-Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, a surge of social media posts using the hashtag #HimToo began circulating to claim that innocent men are regularly falsely accused of sexual misconduct.

The trend, a backlash to the #MeToo movement and Christine Blasey Ford’s gripping testimony against Kavanaugh, reached something of a boiling point this past weekend as the final vote to confirm Kavanaugh was being cast. One of the most viral posts came from the mother of a Navy veteran. She claimed that her “gentleman” son no longer goes on “solo dates” out of fear he’ll be wrongly accused of misconduct.

It appears, however, that would be news to her son, Pieter Hanson. On Monday, Hanson joined Twitter and posted the following message:

Pieter Hanson
    @Thatwasmymom
    That was my Mom. Sometimes the people we love do things that hurt us without realizing it. Let’s turn this around. I respect and #BelieveWomen . I never have and never will support #HimToo . I’m a proud Navy vet, Cat Dad and Ally. Also, Twitter, your meme game is on point.

https://www.motherjones.com/media/20...pieter-hanson/

Nikki Haley gave her notice, she was only going to serve two years, and she has. She did a good job..

Dubya had 6 or 7 different ambassadors to the UN. Obama had 5 different people in that role over his presidency as well.

Trump has had Haley in this role for 2 years.

Whatever the left is trying to criticize Trump for, is a total misfire here.

For once I agree with MrOilers. This particular departure is nothing. Much bigger things wrong with Trump and the far-right movement

More important is who will Trump appoint to the position.

Alex Jones or Baron Trump?

Post midterms, Trump fires Sessions. Replaces him with Lindsey Graham. Governor of South Carolina apponts Haley to finish Graham's term, positioning her to run in the 2020 election. You read it here first.

Meanwhile, Haley borrows some "alternate facts" on her way out the door.

Nikki Haley’s claim that America is ‘respected’ under Trump is pure gaslighting. Here are the facts.
    New polling indicates confidence in the U.S. president has actually tanked under Trump.

During a press availability in which she announced her resignation as UN ambassador on Tuesday, Nikki Haley repeatedly cited the “respect” other countries allegedly have for Trump as one of the administration’s greatest foreign policy accomplishments during her tenure.

“Look at what has happened in two years with the United States on foreign policy. Now, the United States is respected,” Haley said. “Countries may not like what we do, but they respect what we do.”

https://thinkprogress.org/nikki-hale...-6f456c444edf/

Yeah, but what is the approval of Trump to "do the right thing" in Russia?

Yeah, once word of this gets out Trump will nominate her to the Supreme Court.

WATCH: GOP judicial candidate begs for special treatment after being busted for DUI

"After stepping out of her car, McDonald agreed to take a breath test in which she blew a .102 bodily alcohol content. She was subsequently placed under arrest and put into the back of the police car.

Video from inside the car then shows McDonald talking to the officer about how she’s running for public office and that being arrested for drunk driving would harm her prospects of being elected.

“I’m running for an office right now,” she said. “This will f*ck me up really bad.”"

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/wat...nt-busted-dui/

Dubya had 6 or 7 different ambassadors to the UN. Obama had 5 different people in that role over his presidency as well.

Trump has had Haley in this role for 2 years.

Whatever the left is trying to criticize Trump for, is a total misfire here.
    She said very good things about Jared and Ivanka, that will upset the left I'm sure..

Trump said very good things about Putin and Kim, that will upset the left I'm sure..

Reporters risking their lives to report conditions and warn affected residents in the midst of hurricane Michael.

Must be fake news.

The President says so; "Stick with us. Don't believe the crap you see from these people, the fake news. ... What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."

^ Nice one, HL.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    ^ Nice one, HL.
    I couldn't resist..

On a serious note, I do wish people would evacuate when asked, first responders lives are at risk when they go after them ..

Why would they evacuate unless the Donald tells them to? We all know that the media lies to everyone. It's best if Trump supporters stay where they are. These so called "hurricanes" are just an excuse so lie-berals can go into all the empty houses and take their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    ^ Nice one, HL.
    I couldn't resist..

On a serious note, I do wish people would evacuate when asked, first responders lives are at risk when they go after them ..

Do you realize that TV crews set up beside larger buildings as a safe refuge and the camera person sets up his tripod in a protected alcove from the wind and sends the reporter out to where the wind is worst beside the building to show the hurricane force winds. Often a few yards away from the building, the winds can be far less intense and people in the background are less affected.

You do realize that, correct???

In 2012, Trump criticized Obama when he campaigned a whole week after Hurricane Sandy.

So what is Trump doing as an active hurricane rips through Georgia?

Campaigning...
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 10-10-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Makes you wish that Roberts would have done this before Kavanaugh was appointed.

Roberts refers judicial misconduct complaints against Kavanaugh to federal appeals court in Colorado

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. on Wednesday referred more than a dozen judicial misconduct complaints filed recently against Brett M. Kavanaugh to a federal appeals court in Colorado.

The 15 complaints, related to statements Kavanaugh made during his Senate confirmation hearings, were initially filed with the federal appeals court in Washington, where Kavanaugh served for the last 12 years before his confirmation Saturday to the Supreme Court.

The allegations center on whether Kavanaugh was dishonest and lacked judicial temperament during his Senate testimony, according to people familiar with the matter.

Last month, a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit asked Roberts to refer the complaints to another appeals court for review after determining that they should not be handled by judges who served with Kavanaugh on the D.C. appellate court.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.7b3e63b122ed

Another one bites the dust. Anyone keeping track?

Nikki Haley to leave U.S. ambassador to UN position 'at the end of the year'

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Tuesday U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley is leaving the administration “at the end of the year.”

Trump spoke as he and Haley met in the Oval Office, shortly after word came of her plans to resign.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/wor...3-4f43cf9ebdd4
    Didn’t the news report that she was going to support Trump going forward?

What’s the Real Reason Nikki Haley Resigned as U.N. Ambassador?

By Eric Lach
    October 9th, 2018

https://www.newyorker.com/news/curre...-un-ambassador

There have been hints about her running since she started at the WH..she's good and she'd win!

She could be the next Sarah Palin!

Melania Trump: 'I'm the most bullied person on the world'

she also said women alleging they have been sexually abused "need to have really hard evidence".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45818267

She could be the next Sarah Palin!
    No, she is not running for state Governor.

In my life I never realized how incredibly and unnecessarily cruel Liberals are to conservative women until Sarah Palin was chosen as VP candidate for John McCain.

It's repugnant, really.

Really? How does that rate on the Incredibly and Unnecessarily Cruel Scale (IUCS) did Hillary Clinton get from the Republicans?

Sarah Palin skewered herself every time she opened her mouth.

In my life I never realized how incredibly and unnecessarily cruel Liberals are to conservative women until Sarah Palin was chosen as VP candidate for John McCain.

It's repugnant, really.
    Men really liked her actually, women in pantsuits. Not so much.

Child Imprisoned at Border Grateful Not to Be Bullied Like Melania Trump - Andy Borowitz

Really? How does that rate on the Incredibly and Unnecessarily Cruel Scale (IUCS) did Hillary Clinton get from the Republicans?

Sarah Palin skewered herself every time she opened her mouth.
    "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed." --Sarah Palin, botching the history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, June 3, 2011

"[Paul Revere] did warn the British. And in a shout-out, gotcha-type of question that was asked of me, I answered candidly. And I know my American history." --Sarah Palin, defending her botched Paul Revere history lesson by taking issue with the reporter, who simply asked her "What have you seen so far today, and what are you going to take away from your visit?" (Fox News Sunday interview, June 5, 2011)

"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." --Sarah Palin, after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show, Nov. 24, 2010

"We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. And I think now, isn't that ironic?" --Sarah Palin, admitting that her family used to get treatment in Canada's single-payer health care system, despite having demonized such government-run programs as socialized medicine that will lead to death-panel-like rationing, March 6, 2010

"Dr. Laura: don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence "isn't American,not fair")" --Sarah Palin, in a Twitter message coming to the defense of Dr. Laura Schlessinger, the talk radio host who apologized and decided to retire from her highly-rated program after using the N-word on the air 11 times in 5 minutes, Aug. 18, 2010

"I think it's appalling and a violation of our freedom of the press." ĖSarah Palin, speaking about the negative media coverage of Republican congressional candidate Vaughn Ward, Boise, Idaho, May 21, 2010

"I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

"Well, I'm very, very pleased to be cleared of any legal wrongdoing ... any hint of any kind of unethical activity there," said Sarah Palin last Sunday, soon after she was found to have engaged in wrongdoing and unethical activity in the "Troopergate" investigation.

So, To MrNazi and his BFF H.L., in the words of Sarah Palin "So, suck it up, cupcake!" - San Diego, CA [5/27/16]

Trump is probably jealous that Saudi Arabia can get away with killing a Washington Post journalist and is wondering how he can do the same.

Trump will ignore Khashoggi murder because he ‘opened the door to attacks on journalists’: Foreign policy analyst

Calling the longtime U.S./Saudi relationship one based upon a “Faustian” contract, Hirsh writes, “For the Trump administration, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman might be the perfect Middle East partner. He leads a strategic alignment against Iran, maintains quiet ties with Israel, and buys billions of dollars in U.S. weapons.”

“For Mohammed bin Salman, Trump is an equally convenient ally,” he adds. “The U.S. president doesn’t get too worked up about democracy and human rights—or the fate of an individual Saudi journalist who disappeared in Turkey.”

Pointing out that the reported murder of the journalist “Is part of an increasingly brazen—indeed unprecedented—Saudi campaign to silence dissenters who might question Mohammed bin Salman’s legitimacy since he was selected over ousted Crown Prince Mohammed bin Nayef,” Hirsh stated: “Trump administration continues to respond to questions about Khashoggi’s fate with extreme caution, for the most part echoing the Saudi official line that it doesn’t know what happened to him.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/tru...olicy-analyst/

US demands the right to be able to execute people for apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations, as well as the right to kill persons with “mental or intellectual disabilities, persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, and pregnant women”.

Yeah, basically. And they're in such good company.

US votes against UN resolution condemning gay sex death penalty, joining Iraq and Saudi Arabia
    America one of 13 countries on Human Rights Council to oppose historic vote

The US is one of just 13 countries to have voted against a United Nations resolution condemning the death penalty for having gay sex.

Although the vote passed, America joined countries such as China, Iraq and Saudi Arabia in opposing the move.

The Human Rights Council resolution condemned the “imposition of the death penalty as a sanction for specific forms of conduct, such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations”.

It attacked the use of execution against persons with “mental or intellectual disabilities, persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, and pregnant women”.

It also expressed “serious concern that the application of the death penalty for adultery is disproportionately imposed on women”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7980981.html

us demands the right to be able to execute people for apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations, as well as the right to kill persons with “mental or intellectual disabilities, persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, and pregnant women”.

Yeah, basically. And they're in such good company.

us votes against un resolution condemning gay sex death penalty, joining iraq and saudi arabia
    america one of 13 countries on human rights council to oppose historic vote

the us is one of just 13 countries to have voted against a united nations resolution condemning the death penalty for having gay sex.

Although the vote passed, america joined countries such as china, iraq and saudi arabia in opposing the move.

The human rights council resolution condemned the “imposition of the death penalty as a sanction for specific forms of conduct, such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations”.

It attacked the use of execution against persons with “mental or intellectual disabilities, persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, and pregnant women”.

It also expressed “serious concern that the application of the death penalty for adultery is disproportionately imposed on women”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7980981.html

fake news

no, trump didn't vote for death penalty for gay people | punditfact

“the story, which repeats a claimcirculating for months, said that the vote put the united states in the same category as china, iraq and saudi arabia, and egypt.

Facebook flagged this story as part of its efforts to combat false news and misinformation on facebook's news feed. (read more about our partnership with facebook.)

we found that the united states voted against a resolution that called for an overall ban on the death penalty, not a ban specific to gays and lesbians. The united states has said formally that it opposes the death penalty for people in same-sex relationships. ...”

"the united states unequivocally condemns the application of the death penalty for conduct such as homosexuality, blasphemy, adultery, and apostasy. We do not consider such conduct appropriate for criminalization."

nikki haley, the u.s. Ambassador to the un, also pushed back against the headlines. She tweeted oct. 3: "fact: There was no vote by usun that supported the death penalty for gay people. We have always fought for justice for the lgbt community."

https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...ty-gay-people/

Last edited by KC; 11-10-2018 at 04:49 PM.

"We have always fought for justice for the lgbt community."

Bwah-ha-ha-ha!!!!!

Oh wait, she's serious.

BWAH_HA_HA_HA!!!!!!

From the resolution. Note that it talks about states that have NOT abolished the death penalty. (Note-Link is in DOCX format). The closest it get to calling for a banning of the death penalty is asking states to CONSIDER doing so.

Human Rights Council
    Thirty-sixth session
    11–29 September 2017
    Agenda item 3

Acknowledging the interest in studying the question of the death penalty, as well as in holding local, national, regional and international debates related thereto,
    1. Urges all States to protect the rights of persons facing the death penalty and other affected persons by complying with their international obligations, including the rights to equality and non-discrimination;

2. Calls upon States that have not yet acceded to or ratified the Second Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights aiming at the abolition of the death penalty to consider doing so;

3. Calls upon States that have not yet abolished the death penalty to ensure that it is not applied on the basis of discriminatory laws or as a result of discriminatory or arbitrary application of the law;

4. Calls upon States to ensure that all accused persons, in particular poor and economically vulnerable persons, can exercise their rights related to equal access to justice, to ensure adequate, qualified and effective legal representation at every stage of civil and criminal proceedings in capital punishment cases through effective legal aid, and to ensure that those facing the death penalty can exercise their right to seek pardon or commutation of their death sentence;

5. Urges States that have not yet abolished the death penalty to ensure that the death penalty is not applied against persons with mental or intellectual disabilities and persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, as well as pregnant women;

6. Also urges States that have not yet abolished the death penalty to ensure that it is not imposed as a sanction for specific forms of conduct such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations;

7. Calls upon States to comply with their obligations under article 36 of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, and to inform foreign nationals of their right to contact the relevant consular post;

8. Also calls upon States to undertake further studies to identify the underlying factors that contribute to the substantial racial and ethnic bias in the application of the death penalty, where they exist, with a view to developing effective strategies aimed at eliminating such discriminatory practices;

9. Calls upon States that have not yet abolished the death penalty to make available relevant information, disaggregated by gender, age, nationality and other applicable criteria, with regard to their use of the death penalty, inter alia, the charges, number of persons sentenced to death, the number of persons on death row, the number of executions carried out and the number of death sentences reversed, commuted on appeal or in which amnesty or pardon has been granted, as well as information on any scheduled execution, which can contribute to possible informed and transparent national and international debates, including on the obligations of States with regard to the use of the death penalty;

10. Requests the Secretary-General to dedicate the 2019 supplement to his quinquennial report on capital punishment to the consequences arising at various stages of the imposition and application of the death penalty on the enjoyment of the human rights of persons facing the death penalty and other affected persons, paying specific attention to the impact of the resumption of the use of the death penalty on human rights, and to present it to the Human Rights Council at its forty-second session;

11. Decides that the upcoming biennial high-level panel discussion to be held at the fortieth session of the Human Rights Council will address the human rights violations related to the use of the death penalty, in particular with respect to the rights to non-discrimination and equality;

12. Requests the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights to organize the high-level panel discussion and to liaise with States, relevant United Nations bodies, agencies, treaty bodies, special procedures and regional human rights mechanisms, as well as with parliamentarians, civil society, including non-governmental organizations, and national human rights institutions with a view to ensuring their participation in the panel discussion;

13. Also requests the Office of the High Commissioner to prepare a summary report on the panel discussion and to submit it to the Human Rights Council at its forty-second session;

14. Decides to continue its consideration of this issue in accordance with its programme of work.

http://ap.ohchr.org/documents/E/HRC/...RC_36_L_6.docx

Nikki Haley can claim that they didn't vote one way or the other all she likes. At best, they voted against the resolution because they didn't want to even CONSIDER ending the death penalty.
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 11-10-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Trump administration gets five year old to sign legally binding document.

The Five-Year-Old Who Was Detained at the Border and Persuaded to Sign Away Her Rights

According to a long-standing legal precedent known as the Flores settlement, which established guidelines for keeping children in immigration detention, Helen had a right to a bond hearing before a judge; that hearing would have likely hastened her release from government custody and her return to her family. At the time of her apprehension, in fact, Helen checked a box on a line that read, “I do request an immigration judge,” asserting her legal right to have her custody reviewed. But, in early August, an unknown official handed Helen a legal document, a “Request for a Flores Bond Hearing,” which described a set of legal proceedings and rights that would have been difficult for Helen to comprehend. (“In a Flores bond hearing, an immigration judge reviews your case to determine whether you pose a danger to the community,” the document began.) On Helen’s form, which was filled out with assistance from officials, there is a checked box next to a line that says, “I withdraw my previous request for a Flores bond hearing.” Beneath that line, the five-year-old signed her name in wobbly letters.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...way-her-rights

This article couldn't even get past the first line without saying something hateful about Donald Trump and Kanye West. Why are all these liberal journalists like that?

Kanye West’s White House Visit Was a Paean to Male Bonding

The fiendish kinship between Donald Trump and Kanye West is not a new development. The Chicago-born rapper has been outspoken about his support for the president for nearly two years. West, a narcissist whose commitment to bolstering his own celebrity is eclipsed only by a paradoxical obsession with the ideal of nonconformity, has fashioned the red Make America Great Again Hat into something of an intellectual helmet.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...ke-man/572773/

This article couldn't even get past the first line without saying something hateful about Donald Trump and Kanye West. Why are all these liberal journalists like that?

The fiendish kinship between Donald Trump and Kanye West is not a new development. The Chicago-born rapper has been outspoken about his support for the president for nearly two years. West, a narcissist whose commitment to bolstering his own celebrity is eclipsed only by a paradoxical obsession with the ideal of nonconformity, has fashioned the red Make America Great Again Hat into something of an intellectual helmet.
    Interesting. I’ve never perceived the Atlantic Monthly as a news magazine or the writers as journalists. The articles are more like opinion pieces. Often interesting and well researched but not really what I’d consider news reporting or journalism. Unlike CNN, Breitbart etc. I don’t think they’ve ever even tried to portray themselves as anything other than editorial stories on the issues of the day. I don’t think they Moreover ang article in any culture section would likely deal with very subjective issues.
    Last edited by KC; 11-10-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Trump Meets with Kanye West During a Hurricane After Slamming Obama for Doing the Same Thing

https://people.com/politics/donald-t...rricane-sandy/

Obama did that a week after Hurricane Sandy. Trump did it during hurricane Michael.

Trump's hypocrisy is YUGE especially since it was a failed effort to get the black vote for the midterms and the stunt was openly seen as West has admitted that he has mental health issues.

Like everything Trump does, the hypocrisy is magnified after he attacked Obama or Hillary and then proceeds to do worse. Faux News and his propaganda machine is silent on Trump's thousands of lies, his corrupt administration, his golfing habits and his complete failure to follow his Oath of Office as President of the United States.

“ Why are all these liberal journalists like that?

Why did you say “all” rather than some, so many or most? Also how do you know that this writer is liberal?

Clearly the magazine’s editor or editorial executives were biased against Trump:

The Atlantic - Wikipedia
    “...
    “Throughout its 159-year history, The Atlantichas been reluctant to recommend candidates in elections. In 1860, three years into publication, The Atlantic's then-editor James Russell Lowellendorsed Abraham Lincoln for his first run for president and also endorsed the abolition of slavery.[42] In 1964, 104 years later, Edward Weeks wrote on behalf of the editorial board in endorsing Lyndon B. Johnson and rebuking Barry Goldwater's candidacy.[43] In 2016, the editorial board endorsed a presidential candidate, for the third time since the magazine's founding: Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, in a rebuke of Donald Trump's candidacy.[44] “

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Atlantic
    Last edited by KC; 12-10-2018 at 08:21 AM.

"We have always fought for justice for the lgbt community."

Bwah-ha-ha-ha!!!!!

Oh wait, she's serious.

BWAH_HA_HA_HA!!!!!!

From the resolution. Note that it talks about states that have NOT abolished the death penalty. (Note-Link is in DOCX format). The closest it get to calling for a banning of the death penalty is asking states to CONSIDER doing so.

Human Rights Council
    Thirty-sixth session
    11–29 September 2017
    Agenda item 3

Acknowledging the interest in studying the question of the death penalty, as well as in holding local, national, regional and international debates related thereto,
    1. Urges all States to protect the rights of persons facing the death penalty and other affected persons by complying with their international obligations, including the rights to equality and non-discrimination;

2. Calls upon States that have not yet acceded to or ratified the Second Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights aiming at the abolition of the death penalty to consider doing so;

3. Calls upon States that have not yet abolished the death penalty to ensure that it is not applied on the basis of discriminatory laws or as a result of discriminatory or arbitrary application of the law;

4. Calls upon States to ensure that all accused persons, in particular poor and economically vulnerable persons, can exercise their rights related to equal access to justice, to ensure adequate, qualified and effective legal representation at every stage of civil and criminal proceedings in capital punishment cases through effective legal aid, and to ensure that those facing the death penalty can exercise their right to seek pardon or commutation of their death sentence;

5. Urges States that have not yet abolished the death penalty to ensure that the death penalty is not applied against persons with mental or intellectual disabilities and persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, as well as pregnant women;

6. Also urges States that have not yet abolished the death penalty to ensure that it is not imposed as a sanction for specific forms of conduct such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations;

7. Calls upon States to comply with their obligations under article 36 of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, and to inform foreign nationals of their right to contact the relevant consular post;

8. Also calls upon States to undertake further studies to identify the underlying factors that contribute to the substantial racial and ethnic bias in the application of the death penalty, where they exist, with a view to developing effective strategies aimed at eliminating such discriminatory practices;

9. Calls upon States that have not yet abolished the death penalty to make available relevant information, disaggregated by gender, age, nationality and other applicable criteria, with regard to their use of the death penalty, inter alia, the charges, number of persons sentenced to death, the number of persons on death row, the number of executions carried out and the number of death sentences reversed, commuted on appeal or in which amnesty or pardon has been granted, as well as information on any scheduled execution, which can contribute to possible informed and transparent national and international debates, including on the obligations of States with regard to the use of the death penalty;

10. Requests the Secretary-General to dedicate the 2019 supplement to his quinquennial report on capital punishment to the consequences arising at various stages of the imposition and application of the death penalty on the enjoyment of the human rights of persons facing the death penalty and other affected persons, paying specific attention to the impact of the resumption of the use of the death penalty on human rights, and to present it to the Human Rights Council at its forty-second session;

11. Decides that the upcoming biennial high-level panel discussion to be held at the fortieth session of the Human Rights Council will address the human rights violations related to the use of the death penalty, in particular with respect to the rights to non-discrimination and equality;

12. Requests the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights to organize the high-level panel discussion and to liaise with States, relevant United Nations bodies, agencies, treaty bodies, special procedures and regional human rights mechanisms, as well as with parliamentarians, civil society, including non-governmental organizations, and national human rights institutions with a view to ensuring their participation in the panel discussion;

13. Also requests the Office of the High Commissioner to prepare a summary report on the panel discussion and to submit it to the Human Rights Council at its forty-second session;

14. Decides to continue its consideration of this issue in accordance with its programme of work.

http://ap.ohchr.org/documents/E/HRC/...RC_36_L_6.docx

Nikki Haley can claim that they didn't vote one way or the other all she likes. At best, they voted against the resolution because they didn't want to even CONSIDER ending the death penalty.
    Like MrOilers’ (or was it Buildthemhigh’s) dismissing of snopes as biased or having a hidden agenda, at you dismissing politifact’s position on this messaging (spin/propaganda/objective news)?

Anyone who doesn't like trump gets labelled as a lefty by MrOilers

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    almost as unfathomable as your excusing the behavior of hitler and nazi germany as "a violent counter-reaction". in what trumpian fantasy world is the death of 15 million soldiers and 55 million civilians "a violent counter-reaction"?
    How dare you! I resent that comment.

In no way was I "excusing the behavior" of the Nazis any more than you are excusing the behavior of the mass starvation, torture, illegal imprisonment and genocide under USSR communists.

You seem to be OK with slandering Trump and his followers as "far right", yet you get a bug up your arse whenever I point out that the far left is instigating most actual violence and has ramped it up since Trump became President. I can, and will, continue to bring it up, because this is a political discussion.

I merely pointed out how Hitler and the Nazis were an extreme overreaction by the dangerous far right, against the violent extreme left. How this is "unfathomable" to you is perplexing, as the Nazis did NOT come first.

It's also completely insulting to the victims of Hitler, to compare Donald Trump's Presidency to Nazi Germany. In fact it shows such an immense amount of ignorance that it takes away all credit from critics of Trump.

“It's also completely insulting to the victims of Hitler, to compare Donald Trump's Presidency to Nazi Germany. In fact it shows such an immense amount of ignorance that it takes away all credit from critics of Trump.”

Bringing together the post above and the post below since ignorance is no longer an issue. There is a bit of an issue of ignorance in forever trying to split the universe into left and right. Hitler was a power hungry authoritarian. He was also a socialist in many ways but with a racist-nationalist world view.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    A serious Hitler reference:

”If the US has someone whom historians will look back on as the gravedigger of American democracy, it is Mitch McConnell. He...” source - see below

A leading Holocaust historian just compared the US to Nazi Germany - Vox
    October 5, 2018

“Usually, comparisons between Donald Trump’s America and Nazi Germany come from cranks and internet trolls. But a new essay in the New York Review of Bookspointing out “troubling similarities” between the 1930s and today is different: It’s written by Christopher Browning, one of America’s most eminent and well-respected historians of the Holocaust. In it, he warns that democracy here is under serious threat, in the way that German democracy was prior to Hitler’s rise — and really could topple altogether.

Browning, a professor emeritus at the University of North Carolina, specializes in the origins and operation of Nazi genocide. His 1992 book Ordinary Men, a close examination of how an otherwise unremarkable German police battalion evolved into an instrument of mass slaughter, is widely seen as one of the defining works on how typical Germans became complicit in Nazi atrocities.

So when Browning makes comparisons between the rise of Hitler and our current historical period, this isn’t some keyboard warrior spouting off. It is one of the most knowledgeable people on Nazism alive using his expertise to sound the alarm as to what he sees as an existential threat to American democracy.

Browning’s essay...”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...tory-historian

The Mass Psychology of Trumpism ę LRB blog

https://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2018/09/1...y-of-trumpism/
    Last edited by KC; 12-10-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Like MrOilers’ (or was it Buildthemhigh’s) dismissing of snopes as biased or having a hidden agenda, at you dismissing politifact’s position on this messaging (spin/propaganda/objective news)?
    No, I disagree with their assertion that the resolution calls for an end to the death penalty when it simply calls on countries to consider banning it. And the US did vote against the proposal, putting it in the company of China, Iraq and Saudi Arabia, as the article states.

Snopes and Politifact are very often correct, much more than they're wrong but I believe that Politifact erred too much on the side of caution with this one for the above stated reasons.

Another couple of Trump's "fine people"

Queens contractor spews racist language in caught-on-video meltdown: lawyer

A Queens contractor spewed racist language during a caught-on-video meltdown and allegedly tried to stab a staffer with a screwdriver, a lawyer for the former employee said Thursday.

Steven Kasper went ballistic and berated a Guyanese employee in the angry outburst that was recorded by fellow staffer Rafael Galan in June, the lawyer, who represents Galan, alleges.

“I’m so f--king done with this sh-t. You people... Why do you come here? You f—king savages,” Kasper seethes in the video provided by the lawyer. “F--king idiots ruined my country. Stupid-*** motherf--ers.”

---

In his EEOC complaint, Galan claims Kasper regularly referred to people with racist language and often used the N-word.

He recalled instances of the alleged hate speech stretching back to October 2016 and said that when he complained to Kasper’s dad in November 2017, the company-owning father sided with his son.

Kasper had "no comment" when reached by phone.

“What do you expect?” the dad, Kenneth Kasper, replied, according to the EEOC filing. “Now that Trump’s President, it’s a white backlash. We’re taking America back.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-...011-story.html

Aaahhh, does this guy understand that the original Africans were dragged to America in chains to be enslaved to white people? If anyone gets to take America back, it is the indigenous people who were here a long time before stupid white men from Queens.

No, I disagree with their assertion that the resolution calls for an end to the death penalty when it simply calls on countries to consider banning it. And the US did vote against the proposal, putting it in the company of China, Iraq and Saudi Arabia, as the article states.

Snopes and Politifact are very often correct, much more than they're wrong but I believe that Politifact erred too much on the side of caution with this one for the above stated reasons.
    You said: “The US demands the right to...” in the excerpt below. That sounds like a statement that couldn’t be interpreted any other way.

“US demands the right to be able to execute people for apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations, as well as the right to kill persons with “mental or intellectual disabilities, persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, and pregnant women”.” - kkozoriz
    Last edited by KC; 12-10-2018 at 10:13 AM.

That's right. They want the death penalty with no restriction on them. They don't want anyone telling them which of their citizens they cannot kill. Do they have plans at this moment? No. Are there candidates running or have run for office that have advocated for the death penalty for gay people? Yes. and Trump supported one of them, Roy Moore.

Meanwhile

A Jury May Have Sentenced a Man to Death Because He’s Gay. And the Justices Don’t Care
    June 19, 2018

On Monday, the Supreme Court announced it would not stop South Dakota from killing a man who may have been sentenced to death because he is gay.

Some of the jurors who imposed the death penalty on Charles Rhines, who was convicted of murder, have said they thought the alternative — a life sentence served in a men’s prison — was something he would enjoy as a gay man.

During deliberations, the jury had often discussed the fact that Mr. Rhines was gay and there was “a lot of disgust” about it, one juror recalled in an interview, according to the court petition. Another said that jurors knew he was gay and “thought that he shouldn’t be able to spend his life with men in prison.” A third recounted hearing that if the jury did not sentence Mr. Rhines to death, “if he’s gay, we’d be sending him where he wants to go.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/o...death-row.html
    They may not come right out and say it....
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 12-10-2018 at 10:38 AM.

A Saudi journalist is likely to have been murdered and now Don Jr. is trying to make him out to be a terrorist. However, at the time of this report, the mujahideen were American allies, funded and trained by the CIA. So, is Don Jr. saying that Khashoggi should have been reporting that the mujahideen were the bad guys?

Trump Jr. promotes tweet smearing missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi as a secret terrorist ally

“I didn’t realize until yesterday that Jamal Khashoggi was the author of this notorious 1988 Arab News article of him tooling around Afghanistan with Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda co-founder Abdullah Azzam,” Poole wrote. “He’s just a democrat reformer journalist holding a RPG with jihadists.”

Davis then approvingly cited Poole’s analysis and commented, “It’s almost like reality is quite different than the evidence-free narratives peddled by media with a long history of cooperating with or getting duped by Iran echo chamber architects.”

This tweet was subsequently promoted by Trump Jr.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/tru...errorist-ally/

The guy was a rat so thatís what happens. Jesus Christ

Kanyeís off his rocker. Heís gotta be on some good chit ......and worth $200mil. Wow
    Last edited by Drumbones; 12-10-2018 at 11:36 PM.

That's right. They want the death penalty with no restriction on them. They don't want anyone telling them which of their citizens they cannot kill. Do they have plans at this moment? No. Are there candidates running or have run for office that have advocated for the death penalty for gay people? Yes. and Trump supported one of them, Roy Moore.

Meanwhile

A Jury May Have Sentenced a Man to Death Because He’s Gay. And the Justices Don’t Care
    June 19, 2018

On Monday, the Supreme Court announced it would not stop South Dakota from killing a man who may have been sentenced to death because he is gay.

Some of the jurors who imposed the death penalty on Charles Rhines, who was convicted of murder, have said they thought the alternative — a life sentence served in a men’s prison — was something he would enjoy as a gay man.

During deliberations, the jury had often discussed the fact that Mr. Rhines was gay and there was “a lot of disgust” about it, one juror recalled in an interview, according to the court petition. Another said that jurors knew he was gay and “thought that he shouldn’t be able to spend his life with men in prison.” A third recounted hearing that if the jury did not sentence Mr. Rhines to death, “if he’s gay, we’d be sending him where he wants to go.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/o...death-row.html
    They may not come right out and say it....
    You say they which should reference the decision makers in the federal government and then you provide an example of what individuals on a jury may have been thinking. They? (Being a racist starts with being a stereotyper.)

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    The guy was a rat so that’s what happens. Jesus Christ
    And so?

Khashoggi. He was one of them. He switched sides, and expected everything to be ok?

Khashoggi. He was one of them. He switched sides, and expected everything to be ok?
    No he didn’t. So he left the country.

Mobsters kill snitches so that’s not surprising either. However, would it be a surprise to you, if people felt that the mobsters should be in trouble for doing so?

In their own country probably not but on Turkish soil with proof, of course.

One of them? At the time, which you apparently missed, he was working with American allies. Yes, like bin Laden. The Americans were financing them to fight the Russians. And recently, he's been a reporter for the Washington Post.

There was no side switching. He did, however, write stories about the corruption in the House of Saud.

Funny, Jesus Christ went against the government and religious leaders. You would call him a rat too. The government crucified him. i take it that you approve. Sad...

Paul Manafort, George Papadopoulos, Michael Cohen and the "fake media" all ratted out on Trump. So you believe that they should get what they deserve for double crossing the Saudi Kingdom the Trump Kingdom, so you firmly believe that Trump should be able to torture them, kill them and dismember them?

You have some very scary ideas while living your comfy and protected life in Canada where you have legal protection from as much. You have said some very dumb statements and opinions on this forum but this one is the best of the worst.

Here are the facts, not your distorted garbage.

Interviews with Osama bin LadenKhashoggi befriended Osama bin Laden in the 1980s and 1990s in Afghanistan and Sudan while championing his jihad against the Soviets in dispatches. At that same time, he was employed by the Saudi intelligence services to try to persuade bin Laden to make peace with the Saudi royal family. Khashoggi interviewed bin Laden several times. He also met bin Laden in Tora Bora, and once more in Sudan in 1995.[28]

It is reported that Khashoggi once tried to persuade bin Laden to quit violence.[29] Khashoggi was the only non-royal Saudi who knew of the royals’ intimate dealing with al Qaeda in the lead-up to the 9/11 terror attacks.[18] He dissociated himself from bin Laden after 9/11 terror attacks.[18]

Referenced links
    #18 "Death of a dissident: Saudi Arabia and the rise of the mobster state". The Spectator. 2018-10-13. Retrieved 2018-10-12.
    #28 Susanne Koelbl (14 June 2011). "Last Bastion: Saudi Arabia's Silent Battle to Halt History". Der Spiegel. Riyadh. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
    #29 "Head of Saudi's most daring newspaper resigns". Al Arabiya. 16 May 2010. Archived from the original on 19 October 2017. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamal_Khashoggi

Jamal Khashoggi risked his life to expose corruption and the authoritarian Saudi Regime. You disparage him and in fact, have stated that the Saudi government has the right to torture and kill those who expose and oppose their actions. Sad...

When Justin Trudeau orders your torture, and chopping up your corpse, we expect your family to say, that you "that's what happens.... and you expected everything"

Have a nice day, you rat. Watch your back...

One of them? At the time, which you apparently missed, he was working with American allies. Yes, like bin Laden. The Americans were financing them to fight the Russians. And recently, he's been a reporter for the Washington Post.

There was no side switching. He did, however, write stories about the corruption in the House of Saud.
    There’s little wrong with Drumbones statement except he doesn’t provide what perspective he’s speaking of (the victim’s the families, the broad societal reaction...) it’s only wrong if you make huge assumptions about what Drumbones was trying to say - and then jumping to foolish conclusions. Going on a rant and/or calling the writer dumb is then a reflection more on the reader - not the original writer of an obtuse comment.

According to a radio interview I heard, he was very well connected to the royal family so he was basically an insider. Then he started writing critical stories. So that could be considered as having switched sides.

Maybe drumbones was thinking of anyone in trouble with that kingdom then freely walking into the Saudi embassy didn’t seem to have his head on straight...

Saying Jesus Christ about this story is funny.
    Last edited by KC; 13-10-2018 at 10:31 AM.

The mind-reading channel:

CNN's Cuomo: Trump Looked Like He Had Racist Thoughts Talking To Kanye West | Video | RealClearPolitics

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...anye_west.html

Needs updating:
    ABOUT CNN.COM - CNN
    (CNN)CNN.COM:

CNN.com is among the world's leaders in online news and information delivery. Staffed 24 hours, seven days a week by a dedicated staff in CNN's world headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and in bureaus worldwide, CNN.com relies heavily on CNN's global team of almost 4,000 news professionals. CNN.com features the latest multimedia technologies, from live video streaming to audio packages to searchable archives of news features and background information. The site is updated continuously throughout the day.”

https://www.cnn.com/2014/01/17/cnn-i...out/index.html
    Last edited by KC; 13-10-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Sure they extort and torture and kill but there's money to be made and that's what's important, right?

Trump’s response to Khashoggi murder reveals he’s more than willing to look the other way — for a price

Khashoggi has been a frequent critic of Saudi Arabia’s war against Yemen. He has also been critical of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the current ruler of Saudi Arabia. MBS, as he is known, locked up hundreds of Saudi businessmen and members of the royal family in 2017 in a so-called crackdown on corruption. According to the New York Times, the Saudi government subjected the detainees to “coercion and physical abuse” to extort money from them.

This is what dictators do. Russian President Vladimir Putin orders the deaths of reporters critical of his regime and poisons dissidents and critics on foreign soil. Mohammed bin Salman rounds up his political enemies in Saudi Arabia and uses torture to extort money from them and kills a dissident reporter in one of his embassies overseas.

What is Donald Trump’s reaction to the barbarism of these dictators? Putin’s a great guy, a “strong leader.” He practically abdicates the presidency to him in Helsinki and wants to have him over to the White House. And Mohammed bin Salman? Another great guy. He plastered pictures of Trump all over Riyadh when he visited the Saudi capital last year, and he made a phony “deal” to buy $110 billion in advanced American armaments, a deal with no contract that has produced zero sales so far. Trump told reporters on Thursday that Khashoggi wasn’t “a United States citizen,” and he didn’t want to do anything that would endanger the $110 billion Saudi weapons deal because it would be bad for the economy.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/tru...ook-way-price/

The mind-reading channel:

CNN's Cuomo: Trump Looked Like He Had Racist Thoughts Talking To Kanye West | Video | RealClearPolitics

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...anye_west.html

Needs updating:
    ABOUT CNN.COM - CNN
    (CNN)CNN.COM:

CNN.com is among the world's leaders in online news and information delivery. Staffed 24 hours, seven days a week by a dedicated staff in CNN's world headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and in bureaus worldwide, CNN.com relies heavily on CNN's global team of almost 4,000 news professionals. CNN.com features the latest multimedia technologies, from live video streaming to audio packages to searchable archives of news features and background information. The site is updated continuously throughout the day.”

https://www.cnn.com/2014/01/17/cnn-i...out/index.html

Mind reading channel..LOL

I enjoyed seeing the first lady last night, and the various countries she has been to. It's obvious she loves the children..

Trump and Kavanaugh supporters are at it again. You know, those "fine people" trump was talking about.

Fliers on 4 college campuses blame Jews for Kavanaugh assault allegations

Fliers blaming Jews for the sexual assault allegations against newly sworn-in Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh were posted on two University of California campuses, Berkeley and Davis, as well as at Vassar and Marist colleges, both located in the same city in New York state.

“Every time some Anti-White, Anti-American, Anti-freedom event takes place, you look at it, and it’s Jews behind it,” the fliers discovered Monday read.

The flier shows an image of Kavanaugh surrounded by caricatures of Jewish members of the U.S. Senate with Stars of David drawn on their foreheads, as well as the Jewish billionaire George Soros, who has been accused of funding opposition to Kavanaugh. One of Kavanaugh’s accusers, Christine Blasey Ford, and the attorney for two others, Michael Avenatti, also are depicted with the words “Good Goy” written on their foreheads.

The fliers say they are “Brought to you by your local Stormer book club.”

https://www.jta.org/2018/10/09/news-...lt-allegations

Yeah, those on the left are just so mean to the Trumpers for no reason.

Conservative “Activist” Tells People To Shoot Black Women and Children In The Back!

Meet conservative ‘activist’ and ardent Trump supporter, James Stachowiak, a sterling example of how MAGAts want to #MAGA

(Video at the link)

https://twitter.com/TalbertSwan/stat...ailykos.com%2F

Those "white nationalists" are very ethnically diverse. LOL

I don’t see the connection with Trump. Haven’t white supremists, race riots, etc. existed and despicable things occurred under every President? Is the scale larger under Trump?

Yes.

He did a great job getting the pastor back from Turkey. No help, no special terms for Turkey. Let's see how Saudi works out with Trump..

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Yes.
    i have to call you on that...

for 15 presidents prior to lincoln, slavery was legal in the us. you could legally own another human being.

george wallace ran for president in 1968 for the independent party and interestingly enough was registered as a democrat, not a republican.

the kkk regularly resurfaces in the news but the us federal government has been trying to eliminate them since 1871. at least the public no longer tolerates regular lynching.

i could go on...

i think the concern today isn’t that things are worse than ever, it’s that things today for the first time in a long time seem to be becoming less tolerant rather than more tolerant. it’s the directional change more than the actual activity which is most alarming.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

I donít see the connection with Trump. Havenít white supremists, race riots, etc. existed and despicable things occurred under every President? Is the scale larger under Trump?
    George Soros is a dog whistle to the alt-right/Nazi/white supremacists that make up a large part of Trump's support.

@realDonaldTrump
    Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
    More
    The very rude elevator screamers are paid professionals only looking to make Senators look bad. Donít fall for it! Also, look at all of the professionally made identical signs. Paid for by Soros and others. These are not signs made in the basement from love!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...96883464818688
    Also, note the domain on the bottom of the poster. The Daily Stormer is a big supporter of Trump and was the first presidential candidate that they endorsed.

Donald Trump's endorsers still with him after proposed Muslim entry ban

Predictably, though, Trump's white supremacist supporters are cheering, led by Andrew Anglin, who publishes a neo-Nazi website called Daily Stormer.

"Heil Donald Trump - THE ULTIMATE SAVIOR," Anglin wrote in a blog post entitled, "Glorious Leader Calls for Complete Ban on All Moslems."

"Why were these monkeys ever allowed in in [sic] the first place? What an insane, stupid concept," he wrote.

The Daily Stormer endorsed Trump in June. Anglin wrote at the time that he had "many disagreements" with Trump, but the businessman was "absolutely the only candidate who is even talking about anything at all that matters."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...ed-muslim-ban/

Yes.

for 15 presidents prior to lincoln, slavery was legal in the us. you could legally own another human being.

george wallace ran for president in 1968 for the independent party and interestingly enough was registered as a democrat, not a republican.

the kkk regularly resurfaces in the news but the us federal government has been trying to eliminate them since 1871. at least the public no longer tolerates regular lynching.

i could go on...

i think the concern today isnít that things are worse than ever, itís that things today for the first time in a long time seem to be becoming less tolerant rather than more tolerant. itís the directional change more than the actual activity which is most alarming.

I was agreeing that racism got worse under Trump by any metric. What were you calling me on?

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    He did a great job getting the pastor back from Turkey. No help, no special terms for Turkey. Let's see how Saudi works out with Trump..
    You mean a "great job" like the basketball players that were arrested in China that he claimed he got free? The ones that already had their passports back and flights booked before he did anything about it? A "great job" like that?

Of course, he'd never lie about something, would he?

There’s little wrong with Drumbones statement except he doesn’t provide what perspective he’s speaking of (the victim’s the families, the broad societal reaction...) it’s only wrong if you make huge assumptions about what Drumbones was trying to say - and then jumping to foolish conclusions. Going on a rant and/or calling the writer dumb is then a reflection more on the reader - not the original writer of an obtuse comment.

According to a radio interview I heard, he was very well connected to the royal family so he was basically an insider. Then he started writing critical stories. So that could be considered as having switched sides.

Maybe drumbones was thinking of anyone in trouble with that kingdom then freely walking into the Saudi embassy didn’t seem to have his head on straight...

Saying Jesus Christ about this story is funny.
    That's what they do. These two kk and edp are the worst of the lot. They are gangsters in their own rite. This guy was a fool and you can't say he was not. If anyone should have known the dangers of his actions it should have been him, as an insider. Im not saying its right, as kk and edp would have you think, i am saying he was a turncoat, a traitor to the regime and he paid the price. According to his friend I watched interviewed on cbc he stepped over the line. He was not just reporting but setting up a political organization to counteract the follies of the saudi govt and regimes throughout the middle east.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Yes.

i could go on...

i think the concern today isn’t that things are worse than ever, it’s that things today for the first time in a long time seem to be becoming less tolerant rather than more tolerant. it’s the directional change more than the actual activity which is most alarming.

I was agreeing that racism got worse under Trump by any metric. What were you calling me on?
    it may be worse, or more overt, than under obama - although cincinatti rioted in protest to racial treatment in 2010 and so did ferguson in 2014, both under obama - but it’s still, at least so far, nowhere near as bad as it was during the race riots of the 1960’s and 1970’s or the ‘92 la riots.

it’s also worth noting that protesters today seem to be focused on voter registration and voting for the interim elections and for the next presidential election so there at least seems to be a belief that it is possible to combat racism peacefully at the ballot box and not violently in the streets as was once seen as the only way to achieve real results despite king’s efforts to also use the ballot box instead of violence.

presidency and the sentiments the donald stirs up aside, there is a real chance today that a black woman will be elected as governor of the state of georgia next month, something that would have more unlikely than obama’s election as president not so very long ago.
    Last edited by kcantor; 14-10-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

The Saudi journalist that disappeared..people were saying Trump will still make deals with them..

But we trade with them, anyone concerned we buy their oil? I am..
    Trump didn't sugar coat it with the usual political slime. JT will say a lot about Human right issues etc, did he cancel making Lavs for Saudi??????, did he heck..at least Saudi knows where they stand with Trump, with the rest of the world mostly silent on this issue
    So while we talk about Trump, look to our own backyard.

HL these guys could never understand what you just said. Im suprised they are not members of the flat earth society. lol. They certainly know how to drink the kool aid.(kk and edp)
    Last edited by Drumbones; 14-10-2018 at 04:20 PM.

HL these guys could never understand what you just said. Im suprised they are not members of the flat earth society. lol. They certainly know how to drink the kool aid.(kk and edp)
    I know, sometimes I feel they live in an alternative universe..lol

Yup

Yes.

i could go on...

it may be worse, or more overt, than under obama - although cincinatti rioted in protest to racial treatment in 2010 and so did ferguson in 2014, both under obama - but it’s still, at least so far, nowhere near as bad as it was during the race riots of the 1960’s and 1970’s or the ‘92 la riots.
    Of course the difference is that Obama wasn't cheering on the police for shooting Michael Brown or Tamir rice or Trayvon Martin. He wasn't calling the people who were rioting "good people". Obama wasn't endorsed by The Daily Stormer ( neo-Nazi, white supremacist, and Holocaust denial ), the Crusader ( KKK ) and David Duke.

Obama wasn't the one cheering on the racists. Trump is counting on them.

But hey, at least people aren't being hung from trees so it's all good.

They are, however, being driven over by cars such as happened to Heather Heyer by one of Trump's "fine people". Or DeAndre Harris who was beaten by another group of "fine people" But they didn't hang him, right?

Last edited by kkozoriz; 14-10-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Yeah, I'm sure Trump supporters are really torn up about Khashoggi.

Just like Putin said that Russia didn't interfere in the election.

Trump Suggests “Rogue Killers” May Have Been Behind Jamal Khashoggi’s Disappearance

On Monday, President Donald Trump appeared one step closer to accepting the denials of the Saudi Arabian government that it was behind the disappearance and alleged killing of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi, suggesting that “rogue killers” may instead be responsible.

“The king firmly denied any knowledge of it. He didn’t really know...but it sounded to me like it could have been rogue killers, who knows?”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...rogue-killers/

So "rogue killers" just entered the Saudi Consulate, tortured, killed and dismembered the body and then left without being questioned by Saudi security?

Does that make sense to anyone?

Why Trump may be the most honest president ever

https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/why-tr...resident-ever/

Is Elizabeth Warren the best the Democrates have to run against Trump, yikes! Even to me she seems Looney tunes...

So "rogue killers" just entered the Saudi Consulate, tortured, killed and dismembered the body and then left without being questioned by Saudi security?

Does that make sense to anyone?
    Make sense to anyone? Of course it will. We can be certain of that.

Just look here:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com
    Last edited by KC; 15-10-2018 at 11:10 AM.

If you want Trump to believe your denial of wrongdoing, you need to be a dictator, a despot or a criminal.

Donald Trump's HUGE 'denial' double standard

In January 2017, the US intelligence community unanimously concluded that Russia sought to interfere in the 2016 election. And yet, Trump continues to offer alternative solutions. "Russia continues to say they had nothing to do with Meddling in our Election!" he tweeted in June.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/polit...ggi/index.html

Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast