Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,300 of 2388

Thread: Trump - misc

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    That's exactly how G.W.Bush and Trump could win the election despite losing the popular vote.
    And Bill Clinton, too.
    Not aware that Bill Clinton ever won an election in which he lost the popular vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electo...f_Bill_Clinton

Clinton did lose twice in a bid to win a Congressional seat back in 1974, and a gubernatorial election in 1980. But each time the other guy was elected.
    Last edited by East McCauley; 09-11-2017 at 04:03 PM.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I think he's referring to the fact that Clinton only won a plurality of the vote for president? Of course, a plurality is quite different than not winning the most votes of any particular candidate, which is the result that the electoral college gave us in 2000 and 2016.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    I think he's referring to the fact that Clinton only won a plurality of the vote for president? Of course, a plurality is quite different than not winning the most votes of any particular candidate, which is the result that the electoral college gave us in 2000 and 2016.
    As I vaguely recall from the 1990's, Bill Clinton won with not a high percentage as there was a strong third party candidate. However, I believe Clinton still had more actual votes than any of his opponents, as well as handily winning the electoral college.

Top diplomat: State Department being 'depleted at a dizzying speed'
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/politi...son/index.html
    The head of an organization representing US diplomats around the world excoriated the State Department's leadership in a letter Wednesday, saying the agency's senior tiers "are being depleted at a dizzying speed," resulting in "a decapitation of its leadership ranks."

Amb. Barbara Stephenson, president of the American Foreign Service Association (AFSA), a union for US foreign service personnel, wrote the letter for the December issue of the group's publication.
    "While I do my best, as principal advocate for our institution and as a seasoned American diplomat, to model responsible, civil discourse," she wrote, "there is simply no denying the warning signs that point to mounting threats to our institution -- and to the global leadership that depends on us."

"There is no denying that our leadership ranks are being depleted at a dizzying speed, due in part to the decision to slash promotion numbers by more than half," she wrote, noting 60 percent of career ambassadors have left the State Department since January, with similarly dramatic attrition at the next most senior levels.
    Career ambassadors are the most elite US diplomats in the foreign service. Fewer than 60 individuals have attained the rank since it was instituted in 1955. Of the five people who held the rank at the beginning of the administration, three have since retired.
    Full Document "Time to Ask Why"

excerpt
    Remember, nine in ten Americans favor a strong global leadership role for our great country, and we know from personal experience that such leadership is unthinkable without a strong professional Foreign Service deployed around the world protecting and defending America’s people, interests and values. Where then, does the impetus come from to weaken the American Foreign Service? Where is the mandate to pull the Foreign Service team from the field and forfeit the game to our adversaries?

Sincerely,
    Ambassador Barbara Stephenson
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 09-11-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Just a bunch of idiots costing billions anyway. Draining more swamp.

Yes, it is better for the economy to have a war than use diplomacy to prevent war. Peace is soooooo boring...

Can't keep those nukes in storage, they might rust.

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

So why does he have the Joint Chiefs? Keep one guy to follow his orders and fire the rest. He's not going to listen to their advice anyway. Do to defence what he's doing to State. As he said during the campaign "I alone can fix it. I will restore law and order. ". Just issue orders and have everyone follow them without question. People just need to follow him on Twitter and do what he says.

"The one that matters is me," Trump continued Thursday night. "I'm the only one that matters because when it comes to it, that's what the policy is going to be. You've seen that, you've seen it strongly."" http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...atters-2017-11

The why and how of Trump coming to pick Flynn would be interesting to know.

Mueller Probes Flynn’s Role in Alleged Plan to Deliver Cleric to Turkey - WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mueller...key-1510309982

Alabama Republicans rally around accused pedophile Roy Moore. Remember, one of the accusers was 14 at the time and Moore was 32 and a District Attorney.

"My gosh, it's The Washington Post. If I’ve got a choice of putting my welfare into the hands of Putin or The Washington Post, Putin wins every time,” he told The Hill. “This is going to make Roy Moore supporters step up to the plate and give more, work more and pray more.”" - The Republican National Committeeman from Alabama, Paul Reynolds
    “Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,” he told The Washington Examiner. “There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.” - Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler
    “I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn’t want to vote for Doug,” he told the Toronto Star, referring to Democratic candidate Doug Jones. - The chairman of the Bibb County Republican Party, Jerry Pow
    "If they said she was a Hillary supporter, then she'd be more dismissed by the local voters here in the state of Alabama. You'd have to paint her as a Trump supporter to be of any credibility," - Covington County GOP Chairman William Blocker says.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d26c6157149e
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 10-11-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Alabama Republicans rally around accused pedophile Roy Moore.

People are simply recognizing how suspicious the timing is.

This incident allegedly happened something like 35 years ago, but suddenly the Washington post reports it a month before an election? That's fishy.

Whether abuse happened or not, it just reeks of a political smear campaign and doesn't give the candidate a chance to prove innocence/guilt before votes are cast.

And we're back to "forceable rape" being worse than other kids.

Alabama Geneva County GOP chairman Riley Seibenhener, who called me back, says he doesn't believe the allegations are true, but if they're true he won't support him - but, at the same time, it's not "forcible rape."

"I know that 14-year-olds don't make good decisions," he adds.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/92...ailykos.com%2F

Whether abuse happened or not, it just reeks of a political smear campaign and doesn't give the candidate a chance to prove innocence/guilt before votes are cast.
    Yeah, because it's not like there's not been a tidal surge of people coming forward with allegations of sexual abuse, no sir. This is totally an isolated case & these women were in no way encouraged, emboldened & inspired by other women coming forward & sharing their stories.

Heck, "Binders full of women" Romney is coming across as downright progressive today, breaking with the Republican ranks.

Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

And we're back to "forceable rape" being worse than other kids.

Alabama Geneva County GOP chairman Riley Seibenhener, who called me back, says he doesn't believe the allegations are true, but if they're true he won't support him - but, at the same time, it's not "forcible rape."

"I know that 14-year-olds don't make good decisions," he adds.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/92...ailykos.com%2F
    And 34 year men going after pubescent young women.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 10-11-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Mitt Romney is a swamp republican from the Bush GOP's "old boys club".

They always attack and smear the grassroots Tea Party (Trump) Republicans because the swamp republicans are losing their power to them.

C2E Posting Power

^Have you noticed that no one is denying the allegations though? Instead saying things like "Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,”

Or that they'd rather vote for a sexual predator than a Democrat?

And justifying it because the girls were technically legal in Alabama?

“The other women that they’re using to corrobrate: number one, one was 19, one was 17, one was 16. There’s nothing wrong with a 30-year-old single male asking a 19-year-old, a 17-year-old, or a 16-year-old out on a date."

Even if he was squeaky clean, the GOP response is disgusting. The partisanship in the GOP is absolutely horrifying, that they would try and justify these actions because that person is within their party. Or maybe they actually think that stuff is ok. Not sure what is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    ^Have you noticed that no one is denying the allegations though? Instead saying things like "Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,”

“The other women that they’re using to corrobrate: number one, one was 19, one was 17, one was 16. There’s nothing wrong with a 30-year-old single male asking a 19-year-old, a 17-year-old, or a 16-year-old out on a date."

Even if he was squeaky clean, the GOP response is disgusting. The partisanship in the GOP is absolutely horrifying, that they would try and justify these actions because that person is within their party. Or maybe they actually think that stuff is ok. Not sure what is worse.
    Nothing new here. People find it easy to overlook the failings of themselves and those in their tribes.

The innocent until proven guilty ideal though creates a real moral problem - allegations aren’t facts.

Mitt Romney is a swamp republican from the Bush GOP's "old boys club".

They always attack and smear the grassroots Tea Party (Trump) Republicans because the swamp republicans are losing their power to them.
    So do you disagree with his position on Moore?

What should be done?

Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections. I believe Leigh Corfman. Her account is too serious to ignore. Moore is unfit for office and should step aside. - Mitt Romney

The House and Senate aren't too far apart on tax reform I think:

The backpedaling begins.

Roy Moore now says he doesn’t remember if he pursued teen girls in his 30s
    Yesterday, he called the Post's story fake news.

https://thinkprogress.org/moore-hannity-83137b77496b/

Everyone, left and right be lived the women in the Harvey Weinstein case. But soon as it is a Republican, the reflexive denials roll out from the Alt-Reich machine.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    The House and Senate aren't too far apart on tax reform I think:

The world should work to remove distortions, abandon brackets and tax on a curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Everyone, left and right be lived the women in the Harvey Weinstein case. But soon as it is a Republican, the reflexive denials roll out from the Alt-Reich machine.
    Suffering from Bannonobia

Women are slowly taking over and once they are in complete control of everything I'm sure they will have most of us neutered.

C2E Posting Power

^wtf

Lol. My wife read that and said she may neuter me very soon. We could start the future now. Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Women are slowly taking over and once they are in complete control of everything I'm sure they will have most of us neutered.
    Hard to blame them. With all the incompetents in charge now.

I remember the stories out of Africa 10 to 15 years ago where the husbands were all running around, screwing around, and bringing AIDs back to their home where then both the husband and the wife died, leaving the grandmothers to raise their kids. Unbelievable that after a few years of that that the women didn’t just revolt over make incompetence and kick all the men out of control of anything and just take over everything.

AIDs grannies

Ten years ago:
    African Grandmothers Rally for AIDS Orphans - NYTimes.com

“At first, she said, “I was so angry, feeling guilt, asking how can I live.” But then uniting with other grandmothers in the same situation “made things easier for me.” The pandemic has created an estimated 12 million orphans in Africa, with the number expected to grow to 18 million by 2010. The burden of care has fallen on grandmothers, whose extended families often exceed a dozen children.

Although 40 percent to 60 percent of orphans in some African countries live in households headed by grandmothers, these women have received little financial or other support. “

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/13/w...ca/13aids.html

Seems that they are finally tiring of their plight:

African grandmothers rally for support in battle against HIV - The Globe and Mail
    “...

They are not suffering in silence any more though.

On the contrary, the gogos have become a social and political force, an increasingly vocal army of older women who have received little credit for holding families together as the HIV-AIDS pandemic has ripped through the social fabric of sub-Saharan Africa for more than three decades.

To date, more than 35 million of the 78 million people who have contracted HIV-AIDS have died. More than half of those ...”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle31080089/

Last edited by KC; 10-11-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Suffering from Bannonobia
    Breitbart started attacking the WP article that they were still investigating, BEFORE it was published. Bannon and the Alt-Reich machine was preempting the publication of the facts with their own right wing propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post

In bold above:

The Godwin's Law of comparing an issue with Hitler was the ultimate trump card. Now we have GOD-win's Law, using Jesus, Mary and Joseph as an sexual predator's defence. OMG! How low can the Republican Party go to shore up their hold on power.

On another point, Roy Moore has failed to uphold his oaths of office.

Article VI of the U.S. Constitution, which reads:The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.
    Moore made the statement in a December 2006 op-ed piece on the conservative web site WorldNetDaily concerning the election to the U.S. House of Representatives of Keith Ellison (D-Minnesota), a Muslim. The article was unambiguously titled “Muslim Ellison Should Not Sit in Congress” and compared allowing Ellison to go through with his expressed intention to be sworn in on the Quran instead of the Bible to allowing members of Congress to take their oaths on a copy of Mein Kampf:
    https://www.snopes.com/roy-moore-mus...erve-congress/

Even Faux "News" is starting to turn on him. Slowly to be sure.

Is Fox News ditching Roy Moore?

“You ended his candidacy,” declared Geraldo Rivera, citing Moore’s inability to unequivocally say that he had never dated teenage girls when he was in his 20s and 30s, after he’d left the U.S. Army and turned to law. “I would urge Republicans to postpone the special election,” Rivera said.

Gregg Jarrett, a Fox News legal analyst, was no more kind. “I found his answers to be unconvincing and implausible, his entire story to be, in a word, unbelievable. Which means he’s lying.” Moore has called the allegations against him “fake news,” suggesting that The Washington Post was motivated by a political agenda.

Jarrett said Moore “should step aside.” A few congressional Republicans have made similar calls, but Moore has vowed to stay in the race. He will have to continue without funding from the National Republican Senatorial Committee, which will no longer support his candidacy.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/is-...ing-roy-moore/

... news per Breitbart site:

CNN: Why Voters Are Standing by Roy Moore -

Mike Allison, pastor of Madison Baptist Church, said he knows Moore as “a man of integrity,” he told CNN.

“I don’t even believe the allegations. There’s lots of fake news going around these days,” he said. “They’re allegations. How can he even defend himself against 40-year-old allegations? You used to be innocent until proven guilty.”

“I support him now more than ever,” he said.

Read the rest of the story at CNN.
    ...”
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ing-roy-moore/

Elite Media Scandal Widens: 4 Guardian Staffers Under Investigation for Misconduct - Breitbart

“This bombshell news adds the progressive Guardian to an ever-growing list of elite media outlets embroiled in a mushrooming sex scandal that has already tagged Mark Halperin of NBC News and ABC News, David Corn of Mother Jones, Leon Wieseltier and Hamilton Fish of the New Republic, Michael Oreskes of NPR and the New York Times, and Matt Taibbi and Jann Wenner of Rolling Stone.

The Guardian’s 4 staffers means that in just a little over a month, 11 members of the elite media have been accused of some sort of misconduct towards female staffers. “

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...on-misconduct/

Everyone, left and right be lived the women in the Harvey Weinstein case.
    Weinstein did it CONSTANTLY, and paid people to shut his victims up. There are audiotapes of him trying to lure a woman into his hotel room even though she is saying "no".

That is MUCH different than somebody from 38 years ago suddenly appearing from out of nowhere to make a serious accusation about a right-wing politician to a Left-leaning national newspaper a month before an election. (Suspiciously, a similar thing happened to Obama's main opponent right before Obama was first elected to office back in the early 2000s, too).

Not saying Moore is innocent by any means (how can we know for certain), but this very much looks like a political smear. Weinstein's case looks far more grim.

I can see what this is going to turn into. Democrats have skeletons too and soon they will be coming out of the closet as well. It started in Hollywood with Weinstein(Dem) and Spacey(Dem) but it's going to bring out allegations everywhere. Hang on folks, gonna be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I can see what this is going to turn into. Democrats have skeletons too and soon they will be coming out of the closet as well. It started in Hollywood with Weinstein(Dem) and Spacey(Dem) but it's going to bring out allegations everywhere. Hang on folks, gonna be interesting.
    This is the danger of being so quick to pile onto someone else every time an accusation is brought forward - it makes it harder for you to defend yourself if someone does it against you.

For example, I see this morning that George Takei, someone who always attacked other celebrities for being predators whenever an accusation against them arose, is now being accused of molesting someone himself. He is already using the "I don't remember" excuse and saying it's fabricated. You reap what you sow.

Why the Alabama special election for the senate is still in play.

In Alabama, Republican Voters Stand by Roy Moore

Outside the local convenience store, a woman who gave her name as Carol said she has known Moore her whole life and called him a good man. Carol doesn't believe Moore's accusers, but she said even if the allegations are true, "there's a thing called grace — God's grace," noting that the allegations are decades old.

Inside the store, a man who declined to give his name said, "This is Republican town, man. (Moore) could have killed Obama, and we wouldn't care."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-moore-n819906

Yeah, he's a real stand-up guy. Nothing creepy at all.

‘Everyone thought it was weird’: Deputy DA who served with Moore confirms ‘he dated high school girls’

“It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird,” former Deputy DA Theresa Jones reportedly told CNN. “We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall.”

“Late 70’s and 80’s – at that time and atmosphere it was weird he was dating teenagers but you really wouldn’t say anything to someone like that,” Jones continued.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/eve...-school-girls/

Boy Moore and Trump must have some great locker room talks...

The best! Everyone agrees!

"Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!"

- President Donald J Trump on Twitter

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...954297857?s=09

HAHAHAHAHA

This is awesome!

Yeah, there's no actual NAZIs in the USA.

Neo-Nazi’s son flips out during triple-murder trial of father

Brent Luyster’s 13-year-old son was called to the stand but refused to testify Wednesday in his father’s triple-murder trial, according to local media outlet KATU.

“I just don’t feel like talking. I’m trying to get my time over with and get out. You guys waste my time calling me down to court. I had to sit a whole 6 hours in a holding cell,” the boy said before standing up and shouting profanities at the judge.

Deputies escorted the boy out of the courtroom. He was held in contempt of court.

(Picture of the father, who I'm sure Trump would call one of the "good people")

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/wat...ial-of-father/

^ and the worst of it is not that he killed three people in cold blood but he voted for Hillary!

Trump folds his cards and turns into a submissive lapdog when he meets other world leaders.

He believe whatever Putin says, praises China for taking advantage of the US, has bromance with Duterte and on and on...

Trump unlikely to rebuke Duterte for killing drug dealers

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-unlikely-to-rebuke-duterte-for-killing-drug-dealers-1.3674452
    MANILA, Philippines -- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has sanctioned a bloody drug war that features extrajudicial killing. He called Barack Obama a "son of a whore." This week, he boasted that he murdered a man with his own hands.

Duterte is treated so unfairly by the media in the Philippines (and media here) simply because the people loved him over the corrupt career politicians that ran the country for so long. They take everything he says and does out of context.

My co-workers and colleagues from the Philippines tell me Duterte is extremely popular, and the media in their home country is always talking about |massive" protests against him, and yet nobody ever shows up to any of these alleged protests. In other words, they have a big fake news problem over there, and the Western media doesn't bother to consider that.

Funny isn't it that all the various racists flock to Trump. Gee, I wonder why that is?

60,000 Neo-Nazis adopt Trump’s ‘We Want God’ slogan for annual pro-white march in Poland

The Wall Street Journal reported that the group is calling for fewer Jews and Muslims.

In what was billed as Poland’s largest independence day event, police said that 60,000 marchers took to the streets with chants of the “fatherland” and signs reading: “Europe Will Be White” and “Clean Blood.”

According to the Journal, the group adopted its slogan — “We want God” — from a speech Trump gave in Poland in July.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/600...rch-in-poland/

Poland has been invaded from every direction and conquered over and over again for centuries. Their last 100 years has been mostly suffering under both Nazi and communist occupations.

Polish people have only recently enjoyed the experience of living with individual freedoms and no terrorism (unlike most of the rest of Europe), which is why their citizens are strongly nationalist and strongly oppose immigration. Trump strongly opposes globalism and strongly supports nationalism (for every nation, not just the USA). Nationalists of every nation (E.g. citizens of Japan, Poland, Hungary, Czech, Russia) love Trump for that exact reason.

That attitude is the DIRECT result of an entire nation's backlash against far-left and "globalist" ideologies that have caused so much death, war, and suffering.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 12-11-2017 at 02:41 PM.

The Wall Street Journal and lefty media commentators are repulsive people for lying about the tens of thousands of people marching in Poland. This image clearly shows what the march was about.

It's certainly NOT racist, and absolutely NOT neo-Nazi:

Funny isn't it that all the various racists flock to Trump. Gee, I wonder why that is?

60,000 Neo-Nazis adopt Trump’s ‘We Want God’ slogan for annual pro-white march in Poland

The Wall Street Journal reported that the group is calling for fewer Jews and Muslims.

In what was billed as Poland’s largest independence day event, police said that 60,000 marchers took to the streets with chants of the “fatherland” and signs reading: “Europe Will Be White” and “Clean Blood.”

According to the Journal, the group adopted its slogan — “We want God” — from a speech Trump gave in Poland in July.

That may be the Wall Street Journal's (and your) slant but it's an opinion and nothing else. I think you mistake pride in ones country as a negative. Millions of Europeans have fought for their right to be democratic, having rights, being free. If they want to celebrate that let them. If immigrants from other countries want to join them in that celebration let them also. Let them celebrate the country that has taken them in from oppression or war.
    The constant droning on from the left that anyone who is patriotic is wrong is getting tiresome. The constant droning form the left that people are racist because they have pride in their country and it's accomplishments is wearing thin. Pride in ones country does not equal prejudice. If a handful of people marching are carrying signs that does not fit the narrative it does not mean that handful speak for the rest of the parade.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Oh I see. So calling for fewer Jews and Muslims is simply being patriotic? Is that right? What about Europe will be White? Patriotism too? How would you feel if there were marches in Canada calling for these same things? Would your heart swell with patriotism?

And 60,000 is hardly "a handful".

Police estimated 60,000 people took part in Saturday’s event, in what experts say was one of the biggest gathering of far-right activists in Europe in recent years.

Demonstrators with faces covered chanted “Pure Poland, white Poland!” and “Refugees get out!”. A banner hung over a bridge that read: “Pray for Islamic Holocaust.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...dependence-day
    But yeah, it's just those on the left that are not getting fully behind these people that are the problem.

And another perspective of them being so patriotic it brings a year to the eye of those on the right.

Why 60,000 people joined a nationalist march in Poland

Typical chants included: "The whole Poland sings with us: f*** off with the refugees", "God, honour, homeland", "Not red, not rainbow but national Poland", "One nation across the borders" and "F*** Antifa".

Some reports said that amid the sea of banners, messages included: "Clean Blood", "Europe Will Be White" and "Pray for Islamic Holocaust".

Poland has refused to take in refugees, with officials claiming that people of Muslim background are a threat to security. Fewer than one percent of the Polish population is Muslim.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/1...140646393.html

The Wall Street Journal and lefty media commentators are repulsive people for lying about the tens of thousands of people marching in Poland. This image clearly shows what the march was about.

It's certainly NOT racist, and absolutely NOT neo-Nazi:

Advice: Always go to the source to avoid putting one’s own foot in one’s own mouth based on some other publication’s spin.

Also: Beware those that can’t or won’t provide actual quotes and quotes with proper context.

More on BBC

Warsaw nationalist march draws tens of thousands

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41958199

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post

That may be the Wall Street Journal's (and your) slant but it's an opinion and nothing else. I think you mistake pride in ones country as a negative. Millions of Europeans have fought for their right to be democratic, having rights, being free. If they want to celebrate that let them. If immigrants from other countries want to join them in that celebration let them also. Let them celebrate the country that has taken them in from oppression or war.
    The constant droning on from the left that anyone who is patriotic is wrong is getting tiresome. The constant droning form the left that people are racist because they have pride in their country and it's accomplishments is wearing thin. Pride in ones country does not equal prejudice. If a handful of people marching are carrying signs that does not fit the narrative it does not mean that handful speak for the rest of the parade.
    Well said!

However the old tiresome left vs right game would die a quick death if each side couldn’t come up with gross derogatory generalizations (racial / cultural / belief labelling) of each other.

MrAltReich fake news tries lie his way out of the facts

He cherry picks a small counter protest that is against fascism and then uses his propaganda techniques to say that the entire protest was not a white supremacist rally.

‘White Europe’: 60,000 nationalists march on Poland’s independence day

Xenophobic phrases and far-right symbols mark event described by anti-fascists as a magnet for worldwide far-right groups

Tens of thousands of nationalist demonstrators marched through Warsaw at the weekend to mark Poland’s independence day, throwing red-smoke bombs and carrying banners with slogans such as “white Europe of brotherly nations”.

Police estimated 60,000 people took part in Saturday’s event, in what experts say was one of the biggest gathering of far-right activists in Europe in recent years.

Demonstrators with faces covered chanted “Pure Poland, white Poland!” and “Refugees get out!”. A banner hung over a bridge that read: “Pray for Islamic Holocaust.”

The march organised by far-right groups in Poland is an annual event originally to mark Poland’s independence in 1918. But according to Nick Lowles, from UK anti-extremism group Hope Not Hate, it has become an important rallying point for international far-right groups.

“The numbers attending this year seem to be bigger and, while not everyone on the march is a far-right activist or fascist, it is undoubtedly becoming more significant and is acting as a magnet for far-right groups around the world.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 12-11-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Oh I see. So calling for fewer Jews and Muslims is simply being patriotic? Is that right? What about Europe will be White? Patriotism too? How would you feel if there were marches in Canada calling for these same things? Would your heart swell with patriotism?

And 60,000 is hardly "a handful".

But yeah, it's just those on the left that are not getting fully behind these people that are the problem.
    That's what your saying and not what I said.
    Every country has ways of showing their pride in their country. If thousands march and a handful are trouble makers does that make all the marchers trouble maker. Of course the media is going to pick out people who are chit disturbers, it sells newspapers and gets click bait. I fail to see why you do not realize that.
    I imagine the majority of people there were celebrating not protesting. Give your head a shake about the media. Good news does not sell.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Facts First

So if a "patriotic" march was held in Canada. Which of these slogans would be on your sign?

“Canada Will Be White”
    “white Canada of brotherly nations”
    "“Pure Canada, white Canada!”
    “Refugees get out!”.
    Or
    “Pray for Islamic Holocaust.”

So, 60,000 nationalists/racists/etc. protest in Warsaw and "far fewer" protest against them and, according to you, the real story is the smaller counter-protest instead of the tens of thousands or neo-NAZIs/white nationalists/racists.

By all reports, the racists far outnumbered those simply celebrating Polish Independence Day.

Earlier on Saturday, the Polish capital had seen a far smaller demonstration by groups condemning the protesters' hijacking of Polish independence day, which falls on November 11.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/12/europe...rch/index.html
    The far-rights presence at the event was visible for all to see, with some holding up xenophobic banners and chanting questionable slogans. One banner read 'White Europe of brotherly nations'.

A demonstrator interviewed by state television TVP said he was on the march to 'remove Jewry from power.'

Some marched under a banner which read 'We Want God', words from an old Polish song which Donald Trump quoted during his visit to the country earlier this year. Others spoke about standing up to liberals and defending Christianity.

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...#ixzz4yGLJZuoI

A few anti-fascist demonstrators gathered in the Polish capital throughout the day to condemn the protests but their numbers were tiny in comparison. Some 2,000 people gathered to condemn the nationalists and organizers largely kept the two groups apart. In what seems to be the only isolated episode of violence, white nationalists at one point kicked and pushed a group of women who were carrying a banner that read, “Stop Fascism.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate..._be_white.html
    So, using right wing math 60,000 fascists< 2,000 counter protesters

So if a "patriotic" march was held in Canada. Which of these slogans would be on your sign?

“Canada Will Be White”
    “white Canada of brotherly nations”
    "“Pure Canada, white Canada!”
    “Refugees get out!”.
    Or
    “Pray for Islamic Holocaust.”

So, 60,000 nationalists/racists/etc. protest in Warsaw and "far fewer" protest against them and, according to you, the real story is the smaller counter-protest instead of the tens of thousands or neo-NAZIs/white nationalists/racists.

By all reports, the racists far outnumbered those simply celebrating Polish Independence Day.

Earlier on Saturday, the Polish capital had seen a far smaller demonstration by groups condemning the protesters' hijacking of Polish independence day, which falls on November 11.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/12/europe...rch/index.html
    The far-rights presence at the event was visible for all to see, with some holding up xenophobic banners and chanting questionable slogans. One banner read 'White Europe of brotherly nations'.

A demonstrator interviewed by state television TVP said he was on the march to 'remove Jewry from power.'

Some marched under a banner which read 'We Want God', words from an old Polish song which Donald Trump quoted during his visit to the country earlier this year. Others spoke about standing up to liberals and defending Christianity.

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...#ixzz4yGLJZuoI

A few anti-fascist demonstrators gathered in the Polish capital throughout the day to condemn the protests but their numbers were tiny in comparison. Some 2,000 people gathered to condemn the nationalists and organizers largely kept the two groups apart. In what seems to be the only isolated episode of violence, white nationalists at one point kicked and pushed a group of women who were carrying a banner that read, “Stop Fascism.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate..._be_white.html
    So, using right wing math 60,000 fascists< 2,000 counter protesters
    Well, what we have here is an all around failure to - read.

I'm still trying to figure out how 60,000 constitutes a handful of protesters among a crowd of 2,000 anti-fascist protesters.

And you didn't tell me which of those slogans were your favourite patriotic ones.

When many participants came in from other countries, is it even correct to call them all “nationalists”?

‘White Europe’: 60,000 nationalists march on Poland’s independence day | World news | The Guardian

“But according to Nick Lowles, from UK anti-extremism group Hope Not Hate, it has become an important rallying point for international far-right groups.

“The numbers attending this year seem to be bigger and, while not everyone on the march is a far-right activist or fascist, it is undoubtedly becoming more significant and is acting as a magnet for far-right groups around the world.”

Poland celebrates 99th anniversary of independence | The Krakow Post

“Nationalists will also take to the streets in Warsaw today for a huge annual march. How huge? Last year it included 75,000 people under the slogan “Poland, the Bastion of Europe” and was remarkable for breaking a four-year string of violence and arrests. This year’s theme is “We want God” and, according to some observers, may be one of the largest right-wing marches in the world.

However, especially in Krakow, it is likely that the vast majority of festivities will be friendly, safe, and nonpartisan celebrations of Polish culture and history, and that the biggest danger for most will be a lot of closed shops.”

http://www.krakowpost.com/18349/2017...endence-day-99
    Last edited by KC; 12-11-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Evangelicals support Moore MORE after the allegations of child molestation come to light.

Alabama Evangelicals more likely to support Roy Moore after child molestation accusations

Nearly 40 percent of Evangelical Christians in Alabama say they're now more likely to vote for Roy Moore after multiple allegations that he molested children, even as voters across the historically red state now seem to be punishing Moore for his past actions, a new poll shows.

A plurality of evangelicals — 37 percent — described themselves as more likely to support Moore because of recent sexual assault allegations levied against him, while only 28 percent were less likely to do so. Thirty-four percent of the supposedly devout Christians said that the allegations reported last week in the Washington Post made no difference in their support for Moore.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/ala...n-accusations/

When many participants came in from other countries, is it even correct to call them all “nationalists”?
    White nationalists. White supremacists. Fascists. NAZIs. Take your pick. Or, as you call them, patriots.

Evangelicals support Moore MORE after the allegations of child molestation come to light.

Alabama Evangelicals more likely to support Roy Moore after child molestation accusations

Nearly 40 percent of Evangelical Christians in Alabama say they're now more likely to vote for Roy Moore after multiple allegations that he molested children, even as voters across the historically red state now seem to be punishing Moore for his past actions, a new poll shows.

A plurality of evangelicals — 37 percent — described themselves as more likely to support Moore because of recent sexual assault allegations levied against him, while only 28 percent were less likely to do so. Thirty-four percent of the supposedly devout Christians said that the allegations reported last week in the Washington Post made no difference in their support for Moore.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/ala...n-accusations/
    If there were real Christians in Alabama who believe in the Old Testament, they would be stoning Roy Moore in the public square.

Or selling him their daughters for 50 shekels of silver.

Roy Moore is buying...

Kellyanne Conway says anyone in public office who has sexual encounters with underage girls should 'step aside'
    'The conduct as described should disqualify anyone from serving in public office and I'll stand by that,' says senior Trump adviser
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8052171.html

"Common knowledge" that Moore dated high schoolers, ex-colleague says
    https://www.axios.com/common-knowled...508848988.html
    "It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls. Everyone we knew thought it was weird," former deputy District Attorney Theresa Jones, who used to work with Roy Moore, told CNN. "We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall."
    Four women have come forward with accusations against Moore, including one who was 14 when she claims Moore sexually assaulted her. Moore told Sean Hannity he "dated a lot of young ladies" when he returned from the military, though "not generally" 16- and 17-year-olds.
    It's a test of 'moral consistency'
    Allegations on Roy Moore rock Senate campaign, evangelical ranks
    http://lmtribune.com/editors_pick/it...de2450553.html

Yeah, no conflict of interest here. None at all. Nothing to see here.

Trump judicial nominee busted after failing to disclose marriage to White House lawyer and Mueller witness

"According to the New York Times, Talley is married to Ann Donaldson, the chief of staff to the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn. Talley also never disclosed it on documents available to members of Congress who are weighing confirmation.

Talley was required to answer whether any family members or others would be “likely to present potential conflicts of interest.” He didn’t think to mention his spouse. He also didn’t mention her during his frequent contact with the White House lawyers during his nomination process.

---

The Times notes that McGahn has been influential in the nomination of young conservatives to fill judicial appointments. Still, a White House official said Donaldson had nothing to do with the process of Talley’s nomination by the White House.

It was revealed recently Donaldson was a witness for special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into whether Trump obstructed justice in the firing of former FBI director James Comey. She reportedly kept detailed notes about her conversations with McGhan during the time the decision was made to fire Comey, according to two sources briefed on the matter."

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/tru...eller-witness/

He probably didn't know. He thought his wife was a Walmart greeter...

It's a bit alarming that all these people holding high positions can't even fill out a questionnaire properly.

Also...
    Talley was the fourth of Trump’s judicial nominees to be deemed unqualified by the American Bar Association. The Senate could vote on Talley’s nomination as early as Monday.
    Trump has all "the best people," right MrOilers?
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

I find that some people in high positions eschew forms (especially tax forms) and cut corners because they are too lazy or feel privileged to do actual work like fill in the blanks.

On another aspect of Roy Moore

THE MOORE YOU KNOW
    Twice-Fired State Supreme Court Justice Wins Alabama Primary — Here's What You Need To Know
    http://digg.com/2017/alabama-primary-senate

Roy Moore served as a Republican elected (although he was first appointed when another judge died) judge in Alabama from 1992 to 2017. He was removed from office twice for ethics violations.

He's Known For His Religious Fundamentalism

In 1996, a court ruled that Moore's practice of opening court with a prayer was unconstitutional.

As Chief Justice of the state supreme court, Moore was involved in repeated controversy, and was suspended from the bench twice. In a 2002 opinion, Moore called homosexual behavior "an inherent evil, and an act so heinous that it defies one's ability to describe it."

In 2001, Moore commissioned the installation of a 5,280 pound Ten Commandments statue in the state's judicial building. A federal judge eventually ruled in 2003 that the statue violated the First Amendment's principle of separation of church and state, and ordered it to be removed. Moore refused to comply and was removed from office in 2004 on ethics grounds.

In 2005, he said "homosexual conduct" should still be illegal.

In 2012, Moore was reelected as Chief Justice in a surprise election result.

In 2016, Moore ordered Alabama judges to disobey the Supreme Court's ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges that legalized same-sex marriage. Once again, Moore was found guilty of ethics violations and was suspended from office for the rest of his term. In April 2017 Moore announced he would run for Senate.

Moore Has Used Racist Language During His Campaign
    Last week, a video surfaced of Moore using racist language during a campaign speech, calling Asian and Native American people "yellows" and "reds."

He Suggested 9/11 Was A Punishment From God
    In a speech delivered in February, Moore suggested that 9/11 was a punishment delivered by God, reading bible quotes and then connecting them to the attacks on The Pentagon and the Twin Towers. He later said God was upset because Americans "legitimize sodomy" and "legitimize abortion," according to CNN.

He's A Birther
    Moore has also established himself as a birther. In December 2016, Moore told members of the Constitution Party that he didn't believe Obama was born a citizen. The announcement came months after Donald Trump abandoned the theory publicly.

Brandon Moseley, a political reporter in Alabama who has known Roy Moore for years, was interviewed by CNN on live TV, compared raping of a 14 year old to stealing a lawn mower.

Sick, not sad, sick.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 13-11-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Let's see how Moore does when he's on the other side of the bench.

One of Roy Moore’s accusers is planning on suing him for defamation — and anyone else who defends him

Josh Moon of the Alabama Political Reporter tweeted that Paula Cobia, who represents Gloria Deason, a woman who said Moore dated her when she was 18 and he 32, intends on filing defamation suits against Moore and his supporters.

“Paula Cobia, attorney for Moore accuser Gloria Deason, says she is preparing lawsuits against Moore and any other individual, including politicians and church leaders, who publicly defamed her client and put Deason in harms way,” Moon wrote on Monday.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/one...o-defends-him/

Quotes from "The same as stealing a lawnmower" guy.

Roy Moore backer goes down in flames on CNN by suggesting molesting teens no worse than lawnmower theft

“Brandon, she was — she was 14 years of age,” Baldwin said. “And I don’t know how much digging you did or didn’t do into the law in 1979, but we did… we found that this was on the books going back to ’77, and would have been considered sexual abuse in the second degree.”

Moseley pointed out that this crime still would have been just a misdemeanor in Alabama, and Baldwin followed up by asking him if that made it morally right.

“If, you know, Roy Moore has stolen a lawnmower when he was 21 that’s bad,” Moseley replied. “But that’s not a reason 50 years later to all of a sudden, you know, throw him off the ballot.”

“Sexual abuse, stealing a lawn mower, let’s not even go there,” said a disgusted Baldwin.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/roy...wnmower-theft/

As his supporters say, it's just like Mary and Joseph. And stealing a lawnmower.

Beverly Young Nelson says Roy Moore tried to rape her as a teen: ‘I was struggling and begging him to stop’

During a press conference with attorney Gloria Allred on Monday, accuser Beverly Young Nelson said that Moore made sexual advances toward her while he was giving her a car ride when she was just 16 years old.

While the two of them were in Moore’s car, she alleges, Moore started groping her breasts. She then says that she tried to escape the car, but Moore locked her door to prevent her from leaving.

She then said Moore “began squeezing my neck attempting to force my head into his crotch.” She says that she resisted his advances until he eventually gave up.

Upon letting her go, however, Moore warned her to not tell anyone what had happened.

“You are a child, I am the district attorney,” she alleges Moore told her. “No one will believe you.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/bev...g-him-to-stop/

Yup, a fifth accuser steps forward.

Mitch McConnell calls on Roy Moore to quit Senate race as new accuser comes forward
    Moore, a former state chief justice, has threatened to sue the Washington Post over original report
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mcconne...ents-1.4400170

Beverly Nelson, left, reacts as she reads a statement to reporters with attorney Gloria Allred during a news conference in New York announcing new allegations of sexual misconduct against Alabama Republican congressional candidate Roy Moore.

While Moore has called the allegations "completely false and misleading," in an interview with conservative radio host Sean Hannity he did not wholly rule out dating teenage girls when he was in his early 30s. Asked if that would have been usual for him, Moore said, "Not generally, no."

Not usual generally to date teenage girls, I see.
    So dating teenage girls was a 'special treat' for a 32 year old District Attorney?

Memo to Roy Moore: You're winning! Keep digging your political grave faster!
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 13-11-2017 at 03:41 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Something tells me that Moseley dude has "stolen a lawnmower", or at least attempted to, a few times himself.

Raqqa's dirty secret - BBC News
    Excerpt:

“Back in May, US Defence Secretary James Mattis described the fight against IS as a war of “annihilation”.“Our intention is that the foreign fighters do not survive the fight to return home to north Africa, to Europe, to America, to Asia, to Africa. We are not going to allow them to do so,” he said on US television.

In light of the BBC investigation, the coalition now admits the part it played in the deal. Some 250 IS fighters were allowed to leave Raqqa, with 3,500 of their family members.

“We didn’t want anyone to leave,” says Col Ryan Dillon, spokesman for Operation Inherent Resolve, the Western coalition against IS.

“But this goes to the heart of our strategy,...”

A friend of Abu Fawzi's rolls up the sleeve of his tunic. Underneath, there are burns on his skin. “Look what they did here,” he says.

According to Abu Fawzi, there were three or four foreigners with each driver. They would beat him and call him names, such as “infidel”, or “pig”. ...”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/...s_dirty_secret
    Last edited by KC; 13-11-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Banned from a mall for badgering teenage girls? And this is the upstanding person that Alabama can't stop electing?
    Locals Were Troubled by Roy Moore’s Interactions with Teen Girls at the Gadsden Mall

"This past weekend, I spoke or messaged with more than a dozen people—including a major political figure in the state—who told me that they had heard, over the years, that Moore had been banned from the mall because he repeatedly badgered teen-age girls. Some say that they heard this at the time, others in the years since. These people include five members of the local legal community, two cops who worked in the town, several people who hung out at the mall in the early eighties, and a number of former mall employees. (A request for comment from the Moore campaign was not answered.) Several of them asked that I leave their names out of this piece. The stories that they say they’ve heard for years have been swirling online in the days since the Post published its report. “Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls,” the independent Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson wrote on his Web site on Sunday. (Wilson declined to divulge his sources.) Teresa Jones, a deputy district attorney for Etowah County in the early eighties, told CNN last week that “it was common knowledge that Roy dated high-school girls.” Jones told me that she couldn’t confirm the alleged mall banning, but said, “It’s a rumor I’ve heard for years.”"

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...e-gadsden-mall

Banned from a mall for badgering teenage girls? And this is the upstanding person that Alabama can't stop electing?
    Wow! The evidence just keeps growing. Although some may argue not proven, this is where a politician decides that it is better to step down and go away quietly than fight on and lose in the Court of public opinion.

Every day that passes and his threats to sue the Washington Post, bring out more people investigation and more witnesses recalling what happened back then. Even the 5th woman who came forward had an actual signed comment from Roy Moore when he insisted to sign her yearbook, a creepy comment where he mentions her looks and the name of the restaurant that she worked and he frequented, often staying until closing time as he ogled the young female staff.

‘I don’t even know the woman,’ Roy Moore says but new accuser has his inscription on her yearbook
    http://nationalpost.com/news/world/r...ew-accusations

Thanks Roy for your fake denials.

Roy's 'the Alabama State Pedophile' signature in the book is irrefutable evidence that cooperates her story.

Anyone who votes for him is a backward Alabama hick.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 14-11-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Not exactly evidence. “Common knowledge” that is just a spreading rumour isn’t evidence in my mind.

But the contemporary rumours were back in the 1980's, it was 'common knowledge' at that time. This is not a sudden rumour mill that came up in 2017.

He was banned from a mall and the YMCA because he was trolling young women nearly half his age.

Roy Moore wants you to believe that only he is to be believed that it is not a duck but a purple unicorn. He wants you to believe that his singular denial outweighs all the other accusers and building evidence. He was twice fired for ethics violation and had a long history of bullying and using his position to project his extremist views.

I am ashamed of the evangelicals who preemptively offer forgiveness and grace to Moore when he cannot even admit that he did anything wrong and continues to attack his accusers and the press. It is not Christian to offer forgiveness unless the person confesses his sins and begs for forgiveness. Although never proven in Court, at least Lewis CK made a formal apology and went into the the details of his actions and how he affected his victims in a statement filled with empathy and his failures. The guy is a creep but does act as a human who failed and admits it. Roy Moore took it way past the due date, attacked the press, his accusers who he revictimizes and rallied his base. There is no forgiveness to be offered to a lying leach.

Meanwhile, what about a wider investigation on the creep who was assaulting women, stating on tape that 'you can do anything with women' and going into women's change room at beauty pageants to 'inspect the product'.

Can anyone remember who that creep was?
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 14-11-2017 at 08:35 AM.

They need real evidence. Western society really needs to stop abandoning the “innocent until proven guilty” and “rule of law” ideals.

However, if the rumours were common years ago then one really has to wonder about those long time supporters that are saying this is all manufactured in Washington. Did they know about the earlier rumours? Did they discount them decades ago?
    Last edited by KC; 14-11-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Seeking the real truth doesn't seem to matter anymore.

It's now all trial by media.

There is and should be a different standard when seeking public office, well below "proven beyond reasonable doubt".
    There can only be one.

You need to give up fox and friends. The real trial is being held by Mueller and co.

They need real evidence. Western society really needs to stop abandoning the “innocent until proven guilty” and “rule of law” ideals.

However, if the rumours were common years ago then one really has to wonder about those long time supporters that are saying this is all manufactured in Washington. Did they know about the earlier rumours? Did they discount them decades ago?
    “innocent until proven guilty” and “rule of law” are not ideals, they are the law of the land and have not changed. Period.

Accusations in the political realm have always been around throughout history and you only have to look at Canadian politics like the currently embroiled Bill Morneau and the allegations that surround him or Alison Redford right here in Edmonton. Neither came to a trial to withstand the test “innocent until proven guilty” and “rule of law".

In the Moore case and many like them, the people in power have abused their power and office to bully the opposition, the press and their accusers into submission. The accusers often do not have the money to take their assailants to Court putting them at a distinct disadvantage and the revictimation of the accuser is common in the Courts as their entire personal history becomes a defence tactic to shred the victim's character. Worse now is that supporters of the assailant, attack the victim on the internet in particularly vicious and coordinated fashion. The opposition and the media serve very important checks and balances on the limits of power. The truth always is exposed but it takes time. Many of the most historic abuses of power were initially exposed by the media and a free and independent press is an essential function of a strong democracy. The press is not always right but the overall track record of the press is formidable. If the press is over zealous or plain wrong, this will be proven in Court and the liable laws have ruled against the press but these are relatively few and far between.

In the case of Alison Redford, she was never brought to trial to defend herself. But the press and the opposition were indeed proved correct that Alison Redford abused her power and she resigned March 23, 2014, before the inevitable.

On August 7, 2014 a report by the Auditor General of Alberta noted that as Premier she and her office had "used public resources inappropriately," "used public assets (aircraft) for personal and partisan purposes" and that Redford "was involved in a plan to convert public space in a public building into personal living space." The report concluded that these abuses arose due to an "aura of power around Premier Redford and her office and the perceptions that the influence of the office should not be questioned." The key findings included:
    - The (Premier's) office did not comply with the expense policy because those who were responsible for approving expenses did not document their rationale for key decisions that impacted travel costs.

- These key decisions included the type and class of transportation used by and the standard of accommodation provided to Premier Redford and office staff.

- The government does not require a premier to certify that costs incurred by a premier or on behalf of a premier are for government business and are a reasonable use of public resources.

- There was no formal oversight structure to monitor the office's travel expenses and use of government aircraft.

- Government aircraft policy was not followed. There was personal and partisan use of the aircraft by Premier Redford
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Redford
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 14-11-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post

You need to give up fox and friends. The real trial is being held by Mueller and co.
    Medwards, remember when this guy was pushing Pizzagate and saying anyone who didn't also believe it was a pedophile? I'm surprised what he uses for a brain doesn't get whiplash.

^ “The truth always is exposed but it takes time. “. Don’t ever believe that. On all kinds of issues I bet the public is lucky if half or a quarter of the truth is exposed. Just look at this case. This may only be a result of chance that anything at all is coming out about Moore’s alleged wrong doings. Think of the generations before where similar and worse behaviour was never ever outed. Same for today and throughout the rest of the world. Im certain that many, many people get away with horrible crimes and they are never caught.

And the problem with wanting a court of law is that the statute of limitations ran out a long, long time ago. He can't be prosecuted for any of these. Even if photographs suddenly appear that prove he's a sexual predator. So people have to rely on their own hearts and minds and decide who they believe and act accordingly. Moore got away with it years ago and it remains to be seen if he'll get away with it now by being elected a US senator.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

He doesn't have to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt for a crime to not be fit for office. He wasn't fit for office long before these allegations came out. The guy was twice removed from the bench for ignoring higher court rulings. He has no respect for the rule of law or constitution if they don't coincide with his religious beliefs. He's basically a theocrat. All these latest allegations show is further evidence of what a horrible piece of work he is and always has been. Which is often the case with people of his ilk. Jimmy Swaggart anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post

Medwards, remember when this guy was pushing Pizzagate and saying anyone who didn't also believe it was a pedophile?
    If you "remember" that, you have a VERY active imagination!

From Alabama's largest newspaper. They have previously endorsed Moore in his prior campaigns.

Our view: Roy Moore grossly unfit for office

Roy Moore simply cannot be a U.S. Senator. Even if his party and many of its adherents still think it possible, it is unthinkable -- for his state, and his country. [...]

The seriousness of these incidents cannot be overstated. They should not be parsed with talk of statutes of limitations or whether proof exists. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is a consideration for the courtroom, not the ballot box. When choosing our representative before the rest of the world, character matters. [...]

In our view, Moore has already revealed himself as grossly unfit to be a U.S. Senator before these revelations.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/...ossly_unf.html

Example of the Washington Post being smeared by a alt-right info source

Did a Woman Say the Washington Post Offered Her $1,000 to Accuse Roy Moore of Sexual Abuse?
    A conspiratorial web site shared a story based solely on unsourced tweets claiming the venerable newspaper paid off sources.

FALSE

While the Washington Post‘s story was based upon interviews with no fewer than thirty sources, the only source cited by GatewayPundit.com was hearsay from a questionable Twitter account bearing the handle @umpire43, which belonged to someone going by the handle “Doug Lewis #MAGA” who claimed (again, with no sources offered other than the vague “a friend of my wife’s”) that : "A family friend who lives in Alabama just told my wife that a WAPO reporter named Beth offered her 1000$ to accuse Roy Moore????"

The GatewayPundit story now carries a disclaimer at the bottom of their article that reads, “UPDATE: We have not been able to confirm these allegations by Doug Lewis.”

This is not the first time GatewayPundit.com has spread unfounded and misleading information. In the hours after a 1 October 2017 mass shooting in Las Vegas, the web site misidentified the gunman in that shooting, spreading the name and image of an innocent man far and wide, resulting in his (and his family’s) being targeted for death threats.
    Another new FAKE NEWS story that feeds the AltReich conspiracy machine that will soon have Trump tweeting as fact and that the MSM 'won't cover the truth" when everyone but the President, knows if false.

Story tying Roy Moore accuser to Obamas is fake
    http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...r-obamas-fake/
    Conservative websites are firing back about the women who accused Republican Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore of dating teenagers when he was an adult.

The Washington Post broke a story that four women said Moore pursued them when they were teenage girls and he was in his 30s. Moore, the former chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, is running in a Dec. 12 special election against Democrat Doug Jones.

The Last Line of Defense website says in a Nov. 11 headline, "Second Roy Moore Accuser works for Michelle Obama right now." Facebook users flagged the post as being potentially fabricated, as part of the social network’s efforts to combat fake news.

The article states that "Fiona Dourif says she was 11 years old when Moore ‘groped her in the alley behind the’ church they both attended in 1957.
    The article then uses an alleged quote by Dourif on MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow show: "It was the most horrifying moment of my life," she said.
    The website states that Dourif is employed as a housekeeper for Michelle Obama at a Washington mansion.
    "This information was uncovered by Gateway Pundit’s Charles C. Johnson, who notes in his report that ‘Dourif is paid extremely well according to public documents, which report a $250,783.33 annual salary for Dourif,' " states The Last Line of Defense.

We searched the Gateway Pundit, a conservative website, and found no mention of Dourif.

There are several signs that the The Last Line of Defense article is fake news. First, Fiona Dourif is an actress born in 1981, so it would have been impossible for someone to molest her decades earlier. (Dourif played the role of Nica Pierce in the horror movies Cult of Chucky and Curse of Chucky.)

Secondly, Moore would have been 10 years old in 1957.

Third, a disclaimer on the Last Line of Defense’s website states:

"America’s Last Line of Defense is a satirical publication that may sometimes appear to be telling the truth. We assure you that’s not the case. We present fiction as fact and our sources don’t actually exist. Names that represent actual people and places are purely coincidental and all images should be considered altered and do not in any way depict reality.In other words, if you believe this crap you’re a real dumbass."

TheLastLineOfDefense.org is among the biggest sources of fake news online. The website was created by Christopher Blair who previously told PolitiFact he designed his parody site to fool conservatives with fake stories most people would find absurd.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 14-11-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Meanwhile at FOX

Sean Hannity loses Volvo advertising from his Fox News show amid criticism over Roy Moore coverage
    The Swedish car manufacturer joins a host of brands to stop advertising on the show after the host appeared to justify defend sexual misconduct
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a8053671.html

Jeff Sessions' involvement in Trump campaign, Russia investigation: A timeline
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-timeline.html

^ “The truth always is exposed but it takes time. “. Don’t ever believe that. On all kinds of issues I bet the public is lucky if half or a quarter of the truth is exposed. Just look at this case. This may only be a result of chance that anything at all is coming out about Moore’s alleged wrong doings. Think of the generations before where similar and worse behaviour was never ever outed. Same for today and throughout the rest of the world. Im certain that many, many people get away with horrible crimes and they are never caught.
    After Weinstein a lot more people now seem to be willing to come forward with such accusations against powerful people, so I think something has changed. Of course, there is probably a limit to how far back that goes, something like around 25 to 35 years maybe.

From Alabama's largest newspaper. They have previously endorsed Moore in his prior campaigns.

Our view: Roy Moore grossly unfit for office

Roy Moore simply cannot be a U.S. Senator. Even if his party and many of its adherents still think it possible, it is unthinkable -- for his state, and his country. [...]

The seriousness of these incidents cannot be overstated. They should not be parsed with talk of statutes of limitations or whether proof exists. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is a consideration for the courtroom, not the ballot box. When choosing our representative before the rest of the world, character matters. [...]

In our view, Moore has already revealed himself as grossly unfit to be a U.S. Senator before these revelations.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/...ossly_unf.html
    I would agree with the newspapers position, but it in the absence of legal charges it is really up for every voter to decide for themselves what they think. This is a time that a lot of people object to being told what is proper by people they consider the establishment or the elites.

Generally even a hint of scandal does not help a candidate and there is now more than a hint here. I am sure a lot of Republicans would really prefer that he just step down now as a candidate - he is not helping their cause. At this point I would be surprised if he wins, but with all that has happened in US politics in the last couple of years, who knows what to expect.

Breaking Sad News

5 dead, several students injured in shooting at California elementary school, residence

t least five people are dead and several students injured after multiple shootings at several locations in rural California, including an elementary school.

A witness told KCRA his roommate was among the victims and his neighbour was the alleged shooter.

“The crazy thing is that the neighbour has been shooting a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines,” the man told the news station. “We made it aware that this guy has been crazy, and he’s been threatening us and everything. I just feel like there maybe should have been more effort put into stopping things like this.”

Rancho Tehama is about 90 kilometres south of Redding.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/3860060/c...hool-shooting/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Generally even a hint of scandal does not help a candidate and there is now more than a hint here. I am sure a lot of Republicans would really prefer that he just step down now as a candidate - he is not helping their cause. At this point I would be surprised if he wins, but with all that has happened in US politics in the last couple of years, who knows what to expect.
    Previously, I would have agreed with you but Trump has turned that upside down. We've heard him boasting about how he can sexually assault any woman he chooses and there's still 1/3 of Americans who are in love with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Previously, I would have agreed with you but Trump has turned that upside down. We've heard him boasting about how he can sexually assault any woman he chooses and there's still 1/3 of Americans who are in love with him.
    Yes, but

a) He isn't Trump (and Trump didn't initially support him) and
    b) 1/3 support doesn't necessary win in a two candidate race.

No, he's not Trump but they share a lot of supporters. In Alabama, the Senate race is essentially neck and neck, much like the presidential race was. And if those 1/3 all get out and vote and the rest have a turnout rate of under 50% then that third is enough to win,

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast