Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 1316

Thread: Trump - misc

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks that Chris Cantwell is basically an anti-semitic version of "The Violator" from Hot Tub Time Machine? It's uncanny.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Rob Corddry! Yes, they look VERY similar.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1117791/m...r/rm2735381248
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

C2E Posting Power

“You have no idea how much crazy stuff we kill”: The most common response centers on the urgent importance of having smart, sane people around Trump to fight his worst impulses. If they weren’t there, they say, we would have a trade war with China, massive deportations, and a government shutdown to force construction of a Southern wall.
    As we discussed at the time, White House aides have apparently discovered that in order to get Trump to make the best possible decision, they have to present him with one choice, so he can’t screw it up, all while emphasizing expected media reaction, which shouldn’t be any president’s principal concern.
    So he doesn't even make any decisions other than whether he should or shouldn't do whatever they present to him. Which begs the question, who is deciding what choices to present him with? Because if true, they are essentially the ones in charge.

^ Heh, why am I not surprised by that about the Icon of Incompetence?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Seeing as they couldn't find any real Asians that would want to support them, I'd imagine that the conversation at GOP headquarters went something like this:

"We need a picture of some patriotic Asians"

"How about this one I found on the internet? They're even in front of an American Flag"

"Looks great! Perfect!"

"Won't those people object to our using their picture?"

"Hey, we can't tell Asians apart. Who's to know?"

Arizona GOP busted for using Margaret Cho sit-com picture to show support for ‘Asian Americans’

As President Donald Trump arrives in Phoenix, Arizona for a campaign-style rally, the local GOP was busted using a photo of twenty-year-old sitcom to illustrate Republican support for Asian Americans.

The Arizona Republican Party is using a promotional photograph for the 1994 sitcom, “All American Girl” with the caption, “Asian Americans,” Vice News reports.

See a screenshot of the photo below:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/ariz...ian-americans/
    Close up of image from GOP ad

Cast of Margaret Cho's sit-com All American Girl

Waiting for the response from Margaret Cho in 3....2....1....
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 22-08-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Hey, maybe MrOilers has a new job selecting images for them to use.

I know the people that put the show out on DVD - they may see an increase in sales if people seeing the photo remember the show and want to own it.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

It's almost as if Donald Trump was stringing them along the whole time.

Trump rejects cry for help from coal execs

The White House and Department of Energy have decided that "the evidence does not warrant the use of this emergency authority," the Department of Energy said in a statement on Tuesday.

A White House spokesperson said the administration decided it wouldn't be "appropriate" to declare an emergency on the power grid by invoking a rarely-used section of the U.S. Federal Power Act.
    But coal CEO Robert Murray, an outspoken advocate for the industry, said that Trump had recently promised to take such drastic action, according to letters he sent to the Trump administration that were confirmed to CNNMoney by Murray Energy.

In an August 4 letter, Murray said he heard Trump tell Energy Secretary Rick Perry three times, "I want this done." The letter was previously reported by The Associated Press.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/22/inve...rgy/index.html
    Robert Murray, of course, is the owner of the Crandall Canyon Mine which collapsed in 2007, leading to the deaths of 6 miners and three rescue workers. The company was found to be in violation of various safety standards which Murray tried to trivialize by saying they were about things like not having enough toilet paper in the bathrooms (really!) and trying to blame it all on the miners union.

n 2006, the mine was cited for several safety violations, including lacking the required number of escape routes.[7] Murray said that the safety violations were trivial and included violations such as not having enough toilet paper in the restroom.[8] In addition, a practice[9] referred to as retreat mining was being conducted in some portions of the mine in which the coal had been removed by room and pillar method. The extraction of material literally creates a 'room' while the ceiling is supported by the 'pillars' of coal that remain. Retreat mining refers to the common practice of removing the pillars while retreating back towards the mine entrance.

On March 10, 2007 the north barrier pillar suffered from a rock burst, in which pressure causes material from the walls and ceiling to explode inward into the excavated spaces. No miners were injured and all equipment was recovered from the affected area, but the partial collapse closed off that area and forced the mine to instead extract coal that had a higher ash content. The company depended on the low-ash coal to meet its contractual obligations, however, so on March 21 a meeting was held in which it was decided to return to the south barrier pillar. This pillar was adjacent to the north barrier pillar. The March 10 event was never officially reported to MSHA, as required by law. Robert Murray claimed to be unaware of the incident but minutes of the March 21 meeting, released in January 2008, revealed that he had in fact known about it.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crandall_Canyon_Mine

Holy crap. Trump's really curb-stomping the media at his rally tonight. Accusing them of giving a platform to hate groups, ignoring his statements, then and saying that he can take the media's abuse and accusations of being racist but "draws the line" when they attack the people for that. He called out Antifa, as well.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 22-08-2017 at 08:46 PM.

You are right, he goes from one lie to the next.

The fact checking is going full tilt because he spoke so many lies.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

curb stomping the media?

Who has rallies in a non-election years?

a narcissist, that's who.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Holy crap. Trump's really curb-stomping the media at his rally tonight. Accusing them of giving a platform to hate groups, ignoring his statements, then and saying that he can take the media's abuse and accusations of being racist but "draws the line" when they attack the people for that. He called out Antifa, as well.

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/20...ter-on-record/

CNN hit a ratings milestone this quarter, with the network posting its most-watched second quarter on record in total viewers, and its best second quarter among adults 25-54 in 14 years (since 2Q 2003) in Total Day. In prime time (M-Su and M-F), CNN averaged its highest 2Q delivery since 2003 (in both total viewers and among 25-54). During daytime (9am-4pm), CNN had its highest quarterly 25-54 delivery since 4Q 2008 and second highest total viewers level since 1Q 2003.
    CNN "fails" like Trump "wins".
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

sounds like there's more than just 7 people that get angry when ever Trump speaks. Seems he pisses off about 70% of the population, at least according to the latest polls.

Trump could do himself a big favour by stopping the off the cuff speeches, avoiding media as much as possible, and stop the early morning shitter twitter posts.

C2E Posting Power

So in that speech we learned that Trump thinks that clean coal literally means taking coal and cleaning it before you burn it:

they’re going to take out clean coal — meaning they’re taking out coal, they’re going to clean it
    Further cementing how much of a m0ron he is. Plus a bunch of other ridiculous claims, statements, and accusations.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...n-phoenix.html

Edit: lol m0ron seems like an odd word to sensor.

He's a businessman/politician, not a scientist.

I give it a "pass".

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    sounds like there's more than just 7 people that get angry when ever Trump speaks. Seems he pisses off about 70% of the population, at least according to the latest polls.

Trump could do himself a big favour by stopping the off the cuff speeches, avoiding media as much as possible, and stop the early morning shitter twitter posts.
    He is the type of leader that makes a comms chief smoke a pack of cigarettes in a single speech.

C2E Posting Power

I give it a "pass".
    It was one of his main campaign points, the least he could do is understand the basics for how it works. Especially since "clean coal" isn't really clean coal.

I give it a "pass".
    Of course you'd give it a pass.

He should probably try to understand what he's talking about, before talking about it, or maybe he just shouldn't be president. He doesn't seem fit to do the job. But I guess you'll disagree, anything is better than them darn leftists, even this big lump of siht

Well Trump said he was not a politician so all that is left is that he says he is a business man.

Having gone bankrupt 4 times and left a trial of failed enterprises, he looks like he is a walking disaster that lies about everything since he was 6 years old.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    curb stomping the media?

Who has rallies in a non-election years?

a narcissist, that's who.
    He was blowing all the dog whistles for the Nazi/KKK/White Supremacists last night

White Supremacists Celebrate President Trump's Rally in Phoenix

Internet personality and white supremacist Baked Alaska, whose real name is Tim Gionet, celebrated the chants of “CNN sucks.”

But Gionet doesn’t just hate CNN. He’s a Holocaust denier who has made videos saying that the, “mainstream media has been lying for over a hundred years.” Gionet and his friend Millennial Matt, real name Matthew Colligan, have said that Hitler wanted to get rid of the fake news in Nazi Germany and because “they didn’t have the internet, they didn’t have 4Chan,” people got fake news about World War II. In the video Colligan laments the fact that absent the internet, “our friends in Europe back in 1933 and 1945 didn’t have that opportunity” to hear how great Hitler was.

Other anti-semitic Trump supporters believed that by calling out the media, Trump was calling out Jews, using the word “Lugenpresse,” German for “lying press.”

By the time Trump said the word “Antifa,” the Pepe-lovers on Twitter went nuts praising the president. They were seemingly unable to believe their own ears.

http://gizmodo.com/white-supremacist...-in-1798336898

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    He was blowing all the dog whistles for the Nazi/KKK/White Supremacists last night

You have gone insane!

And anyone that thinks the term "curb stomping" is a good thing is a sick, violent thug.

It's a favourite of neo-Nazis, white supremacists and anti LGBT groups. Which means it isn't surprising where it came from in this discussion.

A curb stomp, also called curbing, curb checking, or making someone bite the curb is a form of assault in which a victim's mouth is forcefully placed on a curb and then stomped from behind, causing severe injuries and sometimes death

Notable incidents[edit]

• In July 2002, 16-year old Marinus Schöberl was tortured by young neo-Nazis in an abandoned pigsty in Potzlow (Eastern Germany) and killed after curb-stomping.
    • In 2003, Tacoma, Washington resident Randall Townsend was killed by two people in a curb-stomping incident that has been described as a hate crime.[3]
    • On August 26, 2011, Dane Hall was curb stomped in an attack outside a gay bar in Salt Lake City, Utah. He lost six teeth and suffered a broken jaw as a result of the attack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curb_stomp

Making America Great Again

KKK leader who threatened to ‘burn’ journalist claims membership ‘skyrocketed’ under Trump

A Ku Klux Klan leader who threatened to “burn” a black journalist in a viral video says his hate group has grown faster than he can remember since President Donald Trump’s election.

Chris Barker, “imperial wizard” of the Loyal White Knights of the KKK in North Carolina, boasted that he’s received up to 80 applications a day since his group took part in this month’s Charlottesville march, reported The Independent.

“A lot of white people were proud to see their people standing up for their own kind,” Barker said. “To me, this gave whites more hope.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/kkk-...d-under-trump/

And anyone that thinks the term "curb stomping" is a good thing is a sick, violent thug.

I'll add "curb-stomping" to the list of words that trigger liberals.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

You really ought to watch American History X.

"Oh no, Trump supporters aren't racist!"

Trump is rapidly heading toward the 20% of the population that won't refute, no matter what.

Trump supporters fall below 'deplorable' as they express support for racism, treason, and slavery
    Based on the latest PPP survey, Trump voters support slavery by more than 2—1. There seems no other way to interpret this:

… Trump voters say they would rather have Jefferson Davis as President than Barack Obama 45/20. Obama wins that question 56/21 with the overall electorate.

Anyone looking for an example of unreasoning hate that offers no compromise nor hope for justice need look no more. This is the man that Trump voters would, by a wide margin, seat in the White House.

We recognize the negro as God and God's Book and God's Laws, in nature, tell us to recognize him. Our inferior, fitted expressly for servitude.—Jefferson Davis, 1861
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...on-and-slavery

Remember this the next time Trump claims he's such a good friend of the Jewish people.

Rabbis Pull Out of Call With Trump in Wake of Charlottesville

In Wednesday’s letter, the Central Conference of American Rabbis, the Rabbinical Assembly, the Reconstructionist Rabbinical Association, and the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism blasted Trump’s response to the white supremacist demonstrations in Charlottesville. The president, the rabbis said, has “given succor to those who advocate anti-Semitism, racism, and xenophobia.” Collectively, the groups represent thousands of Reform, Reconstructionist, and Conservative rabbis in the United States. Despite Trump’s claims to the contrary, the groups said blame for the violence “does not lie with many sides but with one side: the Nazi, alt-right and white supremacists who brought their hate to a peaceful community.”

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...arlottesville/

Let's follow this line of thinking to its logical conclusion:

Last edited by MrOilers; 23-08-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post

You really ought to watch American History X.

Watched it some time ago, actually.

An apology to Donald Trump, from the 'fake news' media
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...823-story.html
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

Let's follow this line of thinking to its logical conclusion:

And that is her Nazi husband who regularly beat Jews, Blacks and her.

Nazi's are not 'good people'.

I bet there are a lot of people on the alt-left who would even call my wife a Nazi just so they can make up an excuse to hit her.

"Oh no, Trump supporters aren't racist!"

Trump is rapidly heading toward the 20% of the population that won't refute, no matter what.

Trump supporters fall below 'deplorable' as they express support for racism, treason, and slavery
    Based on the latest PPP survey, Trump voters support slavery by more than 2—1. There seems no other way to interpret this:

… Trump voters say they would rather have Jefferson Davis as President than Barack Obama 45/20. Obama wins that question 56/21 with the overall electorate.

Anyone looking for an example of unreasoning hate that offers no compromise nor hope for justice need look no more. This is the man that Trump voters would, by a wide margin, seat in the White House.

We recognize the negro as God and God's Book and God's Laws, in nature, tell us to recognize him. Our inferior, fitted expressly for servitude.—Jefferson Davis, 1861
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...on-and-slavery
    Quite the spin by that author.

I bet there are a lot of people on the alt-left who would even call my wife a Nazi just so they can make up an excuse to hit her.
    She's already your wife, why would I want to add injury to insult?
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Have you stopped beating your wife?

There's no such thing as alt-left... Why do you keep using a false term?

Never started. You?

The alt-left is at least 10 times bigger than the supposed "alt-right".

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Never started.
    That's not what she told me last night.

(why did you start this stupid string of childish schoolyard insults, and why oh why am I not ignoring you like I should?)

The alt-left is at least 10 times bigger than the supposed "alt-right".
    Only 10 times? There's no limit when you use the power of IMAGINATION!

There are probably less than 1000 KKK members in existence.

Alt-left groups like Black Lives matter and Antifa are many times larger than that.

That's not what she told me last night.
    The "ha ha ha I'm messing with your wife" schtick might work better on someone who's wife isn't a) a "leftist" socialist in Sweden, repulsed by fascists & racists b) 6600 km away.

(why did you start this stupid string of childish schoolyard insults, and why oh why am I not ignoring you like I should?)
    I started it? Hahaha, are you trying to make yourself into some sort of martyr after you alleged people who don't share your political bent are fishing for excuses to assault your wife, to which I made a little joke (but not one about violence) to which you took as raising the stakes enough to justify libelling me & insinuating that I assault my wife.

You're not ignoring me because you crave attention & have decided the core of your beliefs is not about doing right by yourself but by doing wrong by those you deem "left". Without the leftist boogeyman you've invented (or swallowed like a hot putrid load from Fox News) your entire belief system crumples. As I'm firmly in the "left" camp by your assessment, I provide a useful foil for you to continue vomiting rhetoric towards. Really, I should be the one ignoring you, but you're just too entertaining to watch flailing away.

SPLC would disagree with you

Since the 1970s the Klan has been greatly weakened by internal conflicts, court cases, a seemingly endless series of splits and government infiltration. While some factions have preserved an openly racist and militant approach, others have tried to enter the mainstream, cloaking their racism as mere "civil rights for whites." Today, the Center estimates that there are between 5,000 and 8,000 Klan members, split among dozens of different - and often warring - organizations that use the Klan name.
    https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...y/ku-klux-klan

Since the 1970s the Klan has been greatly weakened by internal conflicts, court cases, a seemingly endless series of splits and government infiltration. While some factions have preserved an openly racist and militant approach, others have tried to enter the mainstream, cloaking their racism as mere "civil rights for whites." Today, the Center estimates that there are between 5,000 and 8,000 Klan members, split among dozens of different - and often warring - organizations that use the Klan name.

Wow - so there are only 5000- 8000 KKK members in existence across the entire USA (a country of over 310,000,000 people)? That wouldn't even fill the lower bowl of Rogers place. And they aren't even organized into one group!

Talk about a completely inconsequential organization. Whoever brings up KKK as some kind of "threat" deserves to be laughed out of the room.

Wow - so there are only 5000- 8000 KKK members in existence across the entire USA (a country of over 310,000,000 people)? That wouldn't even fill the lower bowl of Rogers place. And they aren't even organized into one group!

Talk about a completely inconsequential organization. Whoever brings up KKK as some kind of "threat" deserves to be laughed out of the room.
    30,000 ISIS members out of 1.6 billion Muslims is enough to get your knickers in a twist over all adherents, yet a similar proportion of KKK members in the US is a threat so inconsequential as to be ludicrous.

How you manage to get through the day with that level of cognitive dissonance is remarkable. You should be in a study.

As Venezuela melts down, uncomfortable introspection for Europe's leftists - CSMonitor.com

"...when pressed on Maduro’s actions in Venezuela, he responded: “What I condemn is the violence that's been done by any side, by all sides, in all this.”

When he later criticized President Trump’s placing blame on “both sides” in the Charlottesville white supremacist march, his right-wing opponents lambasted him. Tory MP Andrew Rosindell told the Daily Mail: “Jeremy Corbyn is being totally hypocritical. He refuses to condemn his extremist far-left comrades in Venezuela and then attacks Donald Trump for using exactly the same words to avoid attacking the far right in the US.”

...French intellectual Bernard-Henri Lévy recently condemned Jean-Luc Mélenchon, the French leftist who almost upset the French presidential election, for refusing to condemn Maduro or admit the mistakes of Chavez before him.

In an opinion piece this month he wrote: “Like Podemos in Spain, Syriza in Greece, and Jeremy Corbyn in Great Britain, Mélenchon and his ‘rebellious’ followers seem to believe that bloody hands can be excused in the struggle against ‘imperialism.’ ” "

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Euro...ope-s-leftists

Bolding was mine
    Last edited by KC; 24-08-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

the dap was founded in 1919 with a total of less than 60 members. hitler's first speech to the dap later that year was to a reported 111 people out of a membership estimated to have grown to less than 500.

neither the man nor the organization that rebranded itself as the national socialist german workers party should have been considered "completely inconsequential" based solely on the length of their membership list and assuming it to be too few to amount to anything.

the very real threat they constituted - and that the ultra-right constitute today fragmented or not - deserved to be taken seriously and not laughed out of the room and what's still happening today should not be taken and dismissed lightly.
    Last edited by kcantor; 24-08-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post

the dap was founded in 1919 with a total of less than 60 members. hitler's first speech to the dap later that year was to a reported 111 people out of a membership estimated to have grown to less than 500.

neither the man nor the organization that rebranded itself as the national socialist german workers party should have been considered "completely inconsequential" based solely on the length of their membership list and assuming it to be too few to amount to anything.

the very real threat they constituted - and that the ultra-right constitute today fragmented or not - deserved to be taken seriously and not laughed out of the room and what's still happening today should not be taken and dismissed lightly.
    You mean like many did with the idea that Trump might get elected as President of the USA?

Also, I would say that the voters voting for Trump knew who they were voting for. He had a long public history known by most Americans. Russian collusion issues, racism issues, incompetence, poor managerial ability, poor fiscal and other policies, etc. There should be no surprises in the minds of those who voted for him. And like Hitler, no one should be surprised if Trump resorted to illegal or "un-American" or anti-democratic means to gain power.

However, I don't think I agree with those that seem to be taking the "kill baby Hitler" view.

I heard parts of an interview on CBC radio this morning with Mark Bray where the talk seemed to be about violence being justified out of self-defence due to the larger potential threat. [I've now added the links and actual transcript below so take my impression here with a grain of salt.]

So, counter-protesters go out to interfere with the Nazi and White Supremacist protests and go there with the preparations necessary for an attack on them by the Nazi and White Supremacist protestors. It seems to me to be a deliberate attack on other's right to free speech including an expected if not provoked escalation towards violence. Plus it all seems to be rooted in the idea that pre-emptive attacks are justifiable. So, I don't know how anyone can hope to use rational discussion and debate to deal with such situations.

I think it's called the "slippery-slope" fallacy.

Anti-fascist handbook explores long history of opposition movement Historian and former Occupy Wall Street organizer Mark Bray explores the contemporary anti-fascist movement, known as Antifa.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/t...ment-1.4259411

Transcript:
    "...

MG: In your book, you go back to—you mentioned London—an event in 1936. What was the Battle of Cable Street?

MARK BRAY: Right. So in a certain sense, the Battle of Cable Street of 1936 is a kind of model of what a lot of anti-fascists look to in terms of popular resistance against fascism. So in London in 1936, the British Union of Fascists—which was increasingly anti-Semitic as the decade was moving along—planned to have a confrontational march through the East End of London, which was an immigrant neighbourhood but especially a Jewish neighbourhood. And so what happened is a lot of Jewish organizations, left organizations and other residents of the area decided that we will not let this march go through our neighbourhood because we're concerned, they said, that this will spiral into more violence. And so what ended up happening is essentially about 6,000 fascists show up, but more than 100,000 anti-fascists showed up, surrounded them and prevented the event from occurring. And so this kind of Battle of Cable Street—which was actually largely a battle between the police and the anti-fascists more than against the fascists per se—is sort of a key moment in the history of anti-fascism.

MG: They forced the fascists to retreat.

MARK BRAY: Right. Yeah. Essentially the police cancelled the march after a little while because they literally couldn't move. They were just surrounded with people.

MG: How has that helped shape the playbook of the Antifa movement?

MARK BRAY: Right. So the Antifa movement, to understand it, you really have to think of it historically. And one of the main arguments that these groups make is we can see historically that fascist and white supremacist groups that are tiny, that seem trivial and marginal—because for example, Mussolini's first fascist group had 100 members—that these can grow very quickly. And before you know it, it's too late to mount effective resistance. So by surrounding—for example as happened in Boston recently at the “free speech rally” there—by surrounding these small far-right demonstrations with thousands, tens of thousands of people and not letting them grow, not letting them express their message, whether done through confrontation or not, you can really stop the advance of fascist and far-right politics. ..."

MARK BRAY: Well, we can see that the term “alt-right” was originally designed really to mask the fascism of the far right and put Khakis on it, not wear hoods and not have shaved heads, but look middle class and respectable. And to some extent, in the media in the U.S., it was sort of considered as a position worth considering. Since the Charlottesville demonstration, it’s more clearly associated with fascism and white supremacy and Trump's refusal to single the alt-right out as being really the party to blame for this, has really shifted perspectives and made people more interested and more sympathetic towards direct action tactics to defend ourselves against the neo-Nazi menace, especially considering tragically Heather Heyer lost her life in this demonstration. So more broadly, there's a really important anti-racist movement growing—some of which identifies as anti-facist, some of which doesn't—that is I think really important to keep an eye on when we think of how to resist the growth of white supremacy.

MARK BRAY: Well, I think the first thing to obviously point out is that the violence—historical and present day—of Nazism and fascism is really unparalleled and is the greatest threat to humanity. What I'm talking about and what anti-fascists have talked about is how do we respond to that? And the liberal playbook historically is you wait for the police to deal with it. You assume that rational debate and parliamentary government can stop it. But we saw during the interwar period that that was sometimes not enough. And so I think the historical lesson is that communities who are under attack need to be ready to defend themselves, that self-defence is a legitimate response historically and present day to the threat of armed and organized white supremacists and neo-Nazis. And you know as a Jewish person who lost relatives in the Holocaust, this is a deeply personal issue for me and I'm determined and anti-fascists are determined to never make that mistake again.

MG: So does that mean then that violence is acceptable?

MARK BRAY: Well, self-defence sometimes entails that kind of conflict. But if you have no problem condemning the resistance of anti-fascists to Hitler in Germany, then you have to ask yourself: how bad does it have to get before that becomes legitimate? One person dead? A dozen people dead? So the idea is to me, if you can stop it before it even gets into that conversation, then that is what the goal is. ...

MG: Doesn't that in some ways give white supremacists what they want? A chance for them to say listen, we were attacked. These people weren't kind, gentle protesters. They sprayed us with mace and pepper spray. And it opens the opportunity perhaps for someone like the president to say there was violence, as he said, on both sides.

MARK BRAY: Well, historically we can see that fascism is all about victimization. And so as long as fascists are organizing, they will claim to be victims of something, whether it's real or imagined or otherwise. And so to me, I can see historically that if we don't organize a popular resistance—agree or disagree about tactics—if we don't organize a popular resistance to this kind of movement when it's small, it may be too late when it's big and that is a risk that anti-fascists are not willing to take. ...

MG: And for you it's rooted in that idea of denying them, even the first step.

MARK BRAY: That's correct.

MG: I want to play a clip from...

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/t...61139#segment1
    Last edited by KC; 24-08-2017 at 02:00 PM.

They are talking about you Mr.xxxxxx

Fake news and propaganda from the Alt-Reich

Far-right smear campaign against Antifa exposed by Bellingcat
    By BBC Trending
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41036631

Falsified pictures circulating on social media (l) include an image of Anna Friel from a 2007 anti-domestic violence campaign (r)
    Far-right activists are using fake Twitter accounts and images of battered women to smear anti-fascist groups in the US, an online investigation has revealed.
    The online campaign is using fake Antifa (an umbrella term for anti-fascist protestors) Twitter accounts to claim anti-fascists promote physically abusing women who support US President Donald Trump or white supremacy.
    Researcher Eliot Higgins of website Bellingcat found evidence that the campaign is being orchestrated on internet messageboard 4Chan by far-right sympathisers.
    One image shows the slogan "53% of white women voted for Trump, 53% of white women should look like this", above a photograph of a woman with a bruised and cut face and an anti-fascist symbol.
    The woman pictured is actually British actress Anna Friel and the photograph was taken for a Women's Aid anti-domestic violence campaign in 2007.

So Trump is the dim, lifeless moon blocking the bright, life-giving Obama? Okay... if that's what you're proud of...

Ha ha - it's hilarious that Trump retweeted that. Donald Trump is quickly becoming the greatest President of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Far-right smear campaign against Antifa exposed by Bellingcat
    By BBC Trending
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41036631

Falsified pictures circulating on social media (l) include an image of Anna Friel from a 2007 anti-domestic violence campaign (r)
    Far-right activists are using fake Twitter accounts and images of battered women to smear anti-fascist groups in the US, an online investigation has revealed.
    The online campaign is using fake Antifa (an umbrella term for anti-fascist protestors) Twitter accounts to claim anti-fascists promote physically abusing women who support US President Donald Trump or white supremacy.
    Researcher Eliot Higgins of website Bellingcat found evidence that the campaign is being orchestrated on internet messageboard 4Chan by far-right sympathisers.
    One image shows the slogan "53% of white women voted for Trump, 53% of white women should look like this", above a photograph of a woman with a bruised and cut face and an anti-fascist symbol.
    The woman pictured is actually British actress Anna Friel and the photograph was taken for a Women's Aid anti-domestic violence campaign in 2007.

What on Earth do they mean by "falsified" and "exposed"? It was created with a purpose to get a message across and it is being spread around the internet. This article is only helping to bring attention to it and spread that message.

How dumb is this article's author?

File under "We're not racist and neither is the confederate flag"
    WATCH: Confederacy fan insists the flag isn’t racist — then launches racist rant against MLK

In making his case for the flags to stay, Walker insisted that there was nothing racist at all about Confederacy symbols, before he completely undermined his case by making racist statements.

“I don’t believe it’s a symbol of racism, I don’t believe it’s a symbol of slavery,” said Walker. “Hey, I go down the street, I see Martin Luther Coon… uh, I shouldn’t have said that… Martin Luther King.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/watc...n-luther-coon/

And there's a lot more than 8,000 members of the KKK and white supremacy groups.

From the Southern Poverty Law Center hate group database.
    There's many, more than this small sample. We're not even out of the A's yet.

American Freedom Party
    The group is now led by a coterie of prominent white nationalists, including corporate lawyer William D. Johnson, virulent anti-Semite Kevin MacDonald and white nationalist radio host James Edwards. David Duke’s former right-hand man, Jamie Kelso , helps with organizing.

American Renaissance
    Founded by Jared Taylor in 1990, the New Century Foundation is a self-styled think tank that promotes pseudo-scientific studies and research that purport to show the inferiority of blacks to whites

Aryan Brotherhood of Texas
    The gang follows the late terrorist David Lane’s “14 Words,” a white supremacist motto: “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children.”

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...t-files/groups

Has there ever been a President who has attacked so many people in his own party? I certainly can't think of one, but it seems every day Trump has attacked a new GOP senator, or congressman, or even a member of his own staff. It's absolutely bizarre.

It's called draining the swamp

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    So Trump is the dim, lifeless moon blocking the bright, life-giving Obama? Okay... if that's what you're proud of...
    heh, missed this. Good spin.

How depressing it must be for a lot of Americans to be watching this nature of discourse.

A president reduced to stupid memes and tripping over his face even in doing that.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

It's very refreshing to see, US politics needed a shake up as it was beyond stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    It's called draining the swamp
    Looks like the only swamp he is draining is his cabinet and advisors...

C2E Posting Power

Trumps Treasurer may have used a government plane to watch the eclipse:

http://time.com/4915080/watchdog-steven-mnuchin-louise-linton-trip-eclipse/

Fine example of draining the swamp.

Also take a look at some of the people who are in his cabinet, lots of lobbysts and business interests (over 190 of them), doesn't look very drained to me.

http://www.peoplesworld.org/article/...romise-broken/

His cabinet is filled with billionaires and millionaires, I'm sure they are looking out for the average Americans best interests, and not their own. The Education Secretary DeVos for example, never went to public school, and surprise, has been working to gut public education. Who needs public education when you have 1.25 billion?

An article on how her lobbying affected schools in Michigan:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1b0251aa99c1

The drain the swamp thing is such a load of crap. Trumps cabinet has more wealth than 1/3 of all Americans combined. They've spent their lives looking out for investor and corporate interests, they aren't gonna stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    His cabinet is filled with billionaires and millionaires, I'm sure they are looking out for the average Americans best interests, and not their own.
    President Trump said he wants to hire and appoint the most successful people he can find, because they are the ones who know how to get results. Yeah, it might be nice to give jobs to regular people and hope they do their best and that it all works out, but he wants to appoint people who excel.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 25-08-2017 at 02:42 PM.

C2E Posting Power

^very few of those people have any relevant experience. They did donate a lot to his campaign though.

They did donate a lot to his campaign though.
    Did they? I don't think they did.

The family of Betsy DeVos, Trump's rather clueless "best people" pick for Education Secretary, was good for a couple hundred million.

His cabinet is filled with billionaires and millionaires, I'm sure they are looking out for the average Americans best interests, and not their own.
    President Trump said he wants to hire and appoint the most successful people he can find, because they are the ones who know how to get results. Yeah, it might be nice to give jobs to regular people and hope they do their best and that it all works out, but he wants to appoint people who excel.
    So... the people that are replacing his first picks for those jobs... are they more, or less successful than the ones they're replacing?

Just more future swamp people to drain off later. lol

Has there ever been a President who has attacked so many people in his own party? I certainly can't think of one, but it seems every day Trump has attacked a new GOP senator, or congressman, or even a member of his own staff. It's absolutely bizarre.
    There's only one person Trump is concerned with and that's Donald Trump. As long as you're supporting him, he likes you. Say the slightest thing that can be considered critical, even if it's constructive and you're on his enemies list.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Gary Cohn, after he spoke out today and spent all of last week letting everyone know "on background" how disgusted he was with Trump's Charlottesville comments. Safe to say he's not going to be heading up the Fed come next year, as had previously been expected.

https://www.ft.com/content/cb068f94-...0-e1c239b45787

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn
    Citizens standing up for equality and freedom can never be equated with white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and the KKK. I believe this administration can and must do better in consistently and unequivocally condemning these groups and do everything we can to heal the deep divisions that exist in our communities. As a Jewish American, I will not allow neo-Nazis ranting “Jews will not replace us” to cause this Jew to leave his job. I feel deep empathy for all who have been targeted by these hate groups. We must all unite together against them.
    Trump is apparently livid.

Arpaio has been pardoned by Trump:
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/25/politi...don/index.html

Of course he waited for a hurricane to hit in order to announce the news.

"He was only doing his job."

No, he wasn't. He was under court order to stop racial profiling and he was convicted of contempt of court. That's not doing his job. That's violating the Constitution and Trump letting him get away with it.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Not really, he said he was going to pardon him a few days ago, it was expected.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/25/news...france-makeup/

Is he competing with Trump.? His numbers are crap as well...

Macron's approval rating has plummeted from 62% after he was elected to 36%, according to a recent poll

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post

Not really, he said he was going to pardon him a few days ago, it was expected.
    So was the hurricane.

Trump asked Sessions about closing the case before Arpaio was found guilty.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.66d19898b164

C2E Posting Power

Looking at his history, he was held in contempt of court for refusing to stop profiling Latinos. He also had over 400 cases of sexual assault that were not properly investigated, mostly having to do with minorities. Not to mention that the jail conditions were terrible, likened to a concentration camp even for those that hadn't even been convicted yet.

What is Trump trying to say with this pardon, that profiling is OK? That sexual assault is OK if it's done to minorities? That peoples rights don't matter if they might be a criminal? This doesn't play well into the whole "Trump's totally not racist guys". Trump said the reason for his pardon was his record in law enforcement, so there's really no other way to read this.

Trump is OK with sexual assault, even if it's not done to minorities. Remember "Grab them by the pussy?" He's totally in favour of those with power using it however they want to against those that don't have the power to stop them.

How does one conclusively prove that an officer was "racial profiling"?

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

If you have zero respect for the legal process except when it benefits you or your skewed beliefs, then the fact of a trial makes little difference.

Thanks for the snooty non-informative answer.

I asked a serious question, and this is what I get?

No wonder this forum is so dead, save for the left-wingers who pile on to anyone who challenges their leftist Pollyanna world view.

"There's good people on both sides"

No wonder this forum is so dead, save for the left-wingers who pile on to anyone who challenges their leftist Pollyanna world view.
    StormFront will welcome you with open arms.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Queue the violins for the 'victim.' What a load of bs from the name-calling hypocrite....

I had to look up what Stormfront is.

And I although neo-Nazis and white supremacists are not groups I would ever associate with (nor should anybody), I am willing to bet they would be more open-minded to differing political opinions than most of the posters on this forum are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post
    Queue the violins for the 'victim.' What a load of bs from the name-calling hypocrite....
    I noticed the only time you ever post is to take shots at me. Am I living in your head rent-free too?

"There's good people on both sides"

Despite condemning violence by Nazis and white supremacy groups over and over again, not ONCE have any of the left-wing posters condemned the over 100 million victims slaughtered and murdered by violent left-wing politics such as socialism and communism.

I have condemned both. Multiple times. I continue to condemn both collectivism by race (i.e. white supremacy) AND collectivism by class (i.e. communism). Yet every single poster on the left here will only ever condemn murder of people by one side!

That is so interesting!

C2E Posting Power

Well he was convicted of refusing to stop doing it, so I'm sure there was some pretty good proof.

Here's a more indepth summary of what everything he was doing:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/p...b06d67e337ea8a

It's just incredible how you can somehow manage to justify or deflect from everything Trump does.

Ah, he was tough on criminals. No wonder he is hated so much by liberals.

Here is some natural selection at work:

Trump just pardoned a criminal before he could even be sentenced. Yeah, "tough on criminals". Most of the people Arpaio was profiling were American citizens, stopping them for no reason other than the colour of their skin. But, racists have no problem with that as they believe that white people aren't criminals and people with darker skin automatically are.

And why would people listen to the lame stream "fake news" media?

Arpaio should not have been pardoned. He wilfully disobeyed a judges order and should have got sentenced and made to follow that sentence. Nobody should be above the law and pardons from the president should be there to wipe the slate clean of a criminal record after the person has served their time.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Yeah, Arpaio is a real upstanding example of law and order.

A Phony Murder Plot Against Joe Arpaio Winds Up Costing Taxpayers $1.1 Million

In 2004, victim James Saville’s family sued Arpaio for $10 million, after Saville was found not guilty of attempting to kill the sheriff. The county recently settled with Saville for an undisclosed amount. It only had to pay the above amount out of public coffers; its insurance policy covered the rest.

Before you wish that you could collect $1 million by getting framed for Arpaio's murder, consider that Saville spent four years in county jail, awaiting trial as a result of the made-up crime.

In 1999, Arpaio's staff rigged the entire fake assassination plot – just so he could get his mug on TV.

News cameras were already rolling when deputies arrested Saville. Gullible TV reporters gobbled up Arpaio’s story about a local Unabomber who was plotting to kill America’s “toughest” sheriff.

In 2004, a jury found Saville innocent of all charges. Not only that, but it ruled that Arpaio’s minions helped buy the bomb parts themselves and “entrapped” Saville in a TV-ready murder plot.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/...illion-6629798

More violence yesterday as the alt-left attack good people on the other side in Berkeley:

Black-clad anarchists swarm anti-hate rally in California

The anti-Marxist rally in Berkeley was organized by Amber Cummings, a transsexual supporter of Trump. Citing the potential for violence, she canceled the event but said she would show up on her own. She was not seen there, though Gibson vowed to come and when he did anarchists set upon him.

They pepper-sprayed him and chased him as he backed away with his hands held in the air. Gibson rushed behind a line of police wearing riot gear, who set off a smoke bomb to drive away the attackers.

Separately, groups of hooded, black-clad protesters attacked at least four other men in or near the park, kicking and punching them until the assaults were stopped by police. The assaults were witnessed by an Associated Press reporter.

At one point, an anti-rally protester denounced a Latino man holding a "God Bless Donald Trump" sign.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...ornia-49462180

Paul Krugman calls Trump and Arpaio what they are.

Fascism, American Style

"Let’s call things by their proper names here. Arpaio is, of course, a white supremacist. But he’s more than that. There’s a word for political regimes that round up members of minority groups and send them to concentration camps, while rejecting the rule of law: What Arpaio brought to Maricopa, and what the president of the United States has just endorsed, was fascism, American style."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/o...p.html?mcubz=0

Trump got p!ssy when the Phoenix rally wasn't as big as he bragged it was:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...phoenix-speech

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast