Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump - misc

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I guess the Republicans vote of Trump's Health Care Bill is going to be delayed because of John McCain's surgery. Of course McCain's surgery is another issue with the Republicans and McCain camp downplaying how serious it is. Why do these politicians hang onto their positions when at 80 they could be giving themselves a rest. I think a lot of them have such big ego's that they think they are the only ones running the joint.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...ightly-n783861
    I suppose for once McCain (perhaps unintentionally) provided Trump and crew a nice sounding, convenient excuse for a moment. The health care bill was delayed due to political blow back, how unpopular it was among voters and because Republicans are divided about how to proceed. It sounds so much nicer to say it was because of McCain's surgery, rather than because "we can't get our s**t together."

While I think McCain is sometimes more of a hawk than I like, he has served his country well over the years and continues to do so by saying what he thinks and believes rather than just parroting the party line and I don't get the feeling he is in it for himself, unlike some others in his party.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Yeah, she's so good at covering her tracks that the right haven't been able to pin anything on her in over thirty years! Sneaky!

Meanwhile, Trump supporters continue to make America Great Again

Colorado cops catch ‘proud to be fascist’ Trump supporter who clubbed woman and vandalized Jewish center

William Scott Planer is the latest in the growing list of white supremacists who are vandalizing and attacking Jewish places of worship, cemeteries or schools across the United States.

The Anti-Defamation League revealed that Planer was arrested July 14, 2017, after posting a sticker reading “Fight Terror, Nuke Israel” on the door of the Chabad Lubavitch Jewish Center in Colorado Springs.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/colo...jewish-center/

Nowhere in the article does it provide any evidence that this racist was a Trump supporter. They say that he was part of white supremacist groups, anti-Israel, and neo-Nazi movements for years.

It looks like the writer put Trump's name in the headline to push her own agenda.
    Actually there are links to his activities.
    https://antifasac.noblogs.org/post/2...-rally-on-325/
    Looks like a fine, upstanding citizen. Unlike those girls from Afghanistan.

Well sure if you ignore the 48% of the Senate that aren't Republicans.

Internet brutally mocks Trump’s claim that failed GOP health bill was ‘impressive by any standard’

"In remarks made on Tuesday, Trump boasted that 48 out of 52 Republican senators were on board with the repeal bill, which would have resulted in a 48-4 victory if the Senate consisted solely of Republicans.
    “The vote would have been pretty close to, if you look at it, 48 to 4,” the president said. “That’s a pretty impressive vote by any standard.”"

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/inte...XqpoA.facebook

To Trump, the Democrats do not exist and they only get in the way of his simple fix to health-care. His simple fix is cut out all the old and sick people and give their contributions to his rich friends.

Simple isn't it.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Yeah, she's so good at covering her tracks that the right haven't been able to pin anything on her in over thirty years! Sneaky!

Meanwhile, Trump supporters continue to make America Great Again

Colorado cops catch ‘proud to be fascist’ Trump supporter who clubbed woman and vandalized Jewish center

William Scott Planer is the latest in the growing list of white supremacists who are vandalizing and attacking Jewish places of worship, cemeteries or schools across the United States.

The Anti-Defamation League revealed that Planer was arrested July 14, 2017, after posting a sticker reading “Fight Terror, Nuke Israel” on the door of the Chabad Lubavitch Jewish Center in Colorado Springs.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/colo...jewish-center/

Nowhere in the article does it provide any evidence that this racist was a Trump supporter. They say that he was part of white supremacist groups, anti-Israel, and neo-Nazi movements for years.

It looks like the writer put Trump's name in the headline to push her own agenda.
    Actually there are links to his activities.
    https://antifasac.noblogs.org/post/2...-rally-on-325/
    Looks like a fine, upstanding citizen. Unlike those girls from Afghanistan.

Well, if you think so. This militant racist sounds like a complete scumbag to me. Also, that Antifa page you linked to is a left-wing fascist propaganda page.

By the way, those girls from Afghanistan were allowed in. President Trump had them vetted and allowed them into the country himself. He is such a misogynist and islamophobe!
    Last edited by MrOilers; 18-07-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Yeah, Donnie personally ran through their backgrounds and wrote up the documentation that allowed them in. It was the news headlines that the United States of America was scared spitless by a group of girls from Afghanistan that did it.

And I'd think that William Scott Planer would be in full agreement with you on the fact that they shouldn't have been let into the USA.

Next: controlling all arms of the government isn't enough, a majority isn't enough, I need more power, you need to make me King so we can get things done.

Trump on Obamacare Repeal: In 2018, 'We Have to Get More Republicans Elected Because We Have to Get It Done' - Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...cted-get-done/

45,000, 70. What's the difference?

Trump says new Pennsylvania coal mine created 45,000 jobs. The actual number is 70.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates there are roughly 50,800 coal mining jobs nationwide, 800 of which have been added since Trump took office. (The six months before that, under President Barack Obama’s administration, 1,300 coal jobs were added.)

This isn't the first time we've heard Trump's numbers. Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt made a similar claim speaking about all mining and logging jobs earlier this year, earning a PolitiFact ruling of "mostly false."

BLS data estimates the nation has added roughly 41,500 new mining and logging jobs in the first six months of 2017, but just 1,000 of them are mining (not including oil and gas mining jobs, which account for another couple thousand.)
    To make it even worse, the more accurate job creation number for the aforementioned Pennsylvania mine is about 70. Unsurprisingly, the White House didn’t respond to NBC News’ request for comment.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...obably-make-70

C2E Posting Power

I don't know how anyone can be ok with his constant lies, backtracking, ignorance and deceit. Even if you agree with everything he says he's gonna do, how can you support him when you don't know whether he's telling the truth, exaggerating, or is just straight up wrong or confused.

^ Yup - he already sounds like an experienced politician.

Well sure if you ignore the 48% of the Senate that aren't Republicans.

Internet brutally mocks Trump’s claim that failed GOP health bill was ‘impressive by any standard’

"In remarks made on Tuesday, Trump boasted that 48 out of 52 Republican senators were on board with the repeal bill, which would have resulted in a 48-4 victory if the Senate consisted solely of Republicans.
    “The vote would have been pretty close to, if you look at it, 48 to 4,” the president said. “That’s a pretty impressive vote by any standard.”"

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/inte...XqpoA.facebook
    ... and if pigs could fly, we could hop on their backs and wouldn't need airlines too. Mr. T's grip on reality is a bit tenuous at times.

Perhaps Putin could make those number's work better, enough opponents would mysteriously fall out of windows, get hit by unknown cars and develop the flu (which sometimes probably involves being unwillingly chained to a bed in Russia), but sadly for Mr. T there are limits to the President's powers and magic in the US.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    I don't know how anyone can be ok with his constant lies, backtracking, ignorance and deceit. Even if you agree with everything he says he's gonna do, how can you support him when you don't know whether he's telling the truth, exaggerating, or is just straight up wrong or confused.
    Replace her for his/she for he in your quote and you describe Hillary to a T.

BUT Hillary is not the President of the United States.

I see Hilman that you did not receive that memo...

Meanwhile Trump keeps pegging the meter so often, he broke it..

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    An yet, strangely, the right haven't been able to pin anything on Hillary. Over 30 years and they've come up with nothing actionable. They spent more time and money on Benghazi than they did on 9/11 hearings and they still got nothing.

Trump, meanwhile, closed down his foundation when it was exposed as little more than a Trump family slush fund. And let's not forget Trump "University", that was a scam from start to finish. And that's just the start. What's got Trump so freaked out is that all his various dirty deals are going to come back to haunt him all at once.

States refuse to hand over voter information to Trump. In the US, the states control elections, even federal ones. So Trump decided to be tone deaf and ironic all at once.

Hilarious that this is coming from the guy that won't release his tax returns and who's administration is filled with people who "forgot" they met with Russians.

‘There’s something, there always is:’ Trump accuses nearly all states of being part of voter fraud conspiracy

Trump’s voter fraud panel was founded after the president alleged that he only lost the popular vote to Democratic rival Hillary Clinton because she received millions of “illegal” votes in states such as California and New York. To date, the president has not produced any evidence to back up this claim.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/ther...gv8Sw.facebook

An yet, strangely, the right haven't been able to pin anything on Hillary. Over 30 years and they've come up with nothing actionable. They spent more time and money on Benghazi than they did on 9/11 hearings and they still got nothing.

Trump, meanwhile, closed down his foundation when it was exposed as little more than a Trump family slush fund. And let's not forget Trump "University", that was a scam from start to finish. And that's just the start. What's got Trump so freaked out is that all his various dirty deals are going to come back to haunt him all at once.
    Oh the back to Hillary stuff is all just deflection at this point. It may have worked well in the election when people cared about the other candidate, but it is starting to get silly now. When Trump gets caught in the crap, he just tries to bring something else up to take peoples attention away from it and to try not make himself look so bad by making someone else look worse.

Exactly. I just find it terribly amusing that they keep pointing at someone that they can't pin anything to while their own Trump-meister collects scandals like flypaper collects flies.

A bit like how Trump has been attacked for the last year relentlessly over massive collusion with Russia and there is still nothing.

C2E Posting Power

Hillary is irrelevant at this point. She is not president as you guys seem to keep forgetting. and the whataboutism is getting ridiculous. Yes all politicians lie, but that doesn't make it OK, and to say it's to the extent that Trump is out of touch with reality.

States refuse to hand over voter information to Trump.
    Trump has a point - why are certain states refusing to let the voter fraud panel investigate? Why are they afraid of stopping illegal voting?

C2E Posting Power

Also, it looks like Trump paid Carrier $7 million to delay the inevitable and replace 300 workers with automation and outsourcing in the meantime.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/p...ncy/491205001/

Hillary is irrelevant at this point.
    If she quit politics, I would agree. However, she is still involved in political activism against Donald Trump and is advocating and helping with campaigning for Democrat candidates in 2018 mid-terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Billions and billions and billions and billions and billions

Billions and billions and billions of thanks for that!

C2E Posting Power

Trump has a point - why are certain states refusing to let the voter fraud panel investigate? Why are they afraid of stopping illegal voting?
    It shows a mistrust the states have with the current administration. They don't want to hand it over as they are not confident about what will happen to that data, Trump hasn't shown to be very good at keeping secrets.

Also there has been little to no evidence of actual voter fraud (other than foreign voter manipulation), so it would be a waste of time and money.

Hillary is irrelevant at this point.
    If she quit politics, I would agree. However, she is still involved in political activism against Donald Trump and is advocating and helping with campaigning for Democrat candidates in 2018 mid-terms.
    Sounds like you are scared of her. Especially since she recently became a Muslim

Hillary supposedly won the popular vote by approx. three million votes but in the end the Electoral College voted for Trump. Does it matter at this stage if the election was tampered with. Now I am not saying by any means it's O.K. to tamper with an election and it should never have happened in the first place but even IF there was tampering the College had the last word anyway.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Hillary supposedly won the popular vote by approx. three million votes but in the end the Electoral College voted for Trump. Does it matter at this stage if the election was tampered with. Now I am not saying by any means it's O.K. to tamper with an election and it should never have happened in the first place but even IF there was tampering the College had the last word anyway.
    The popular vote doesn't matter if the election rules use another methodology. Similarly, women and other citizens were long excluded from voting so their opinions as to how they would have voted didn't matter in those elections either. All that matters in deciding the winner is votes according to the rules. Democracy has many forms.

Now tampering can be a lot of things. If the actual votes are altered, then the tally for the majority vote may not be correct and the winner may not be the true (or "rightful") selection.
    (In comparison, just because a bank cashes a forged cheque, the money doesn't rightfully belong to the one now holding the cash.)

And let's not talk about Gerrymandering the voting blocks by both parties.

Printed in March 1812, this political cartoon was drawn in reaction to the newly drawn Congressional electoral district of South Essex County drawn by the Massachusetts legislature to favour the Democratic-Republican Party candidates of Governor Elbridge Gerry over the Federalists. The caricature satirizes the bizarre shape of a district in Essex County, Massachusetts as a dragon-like "monster." Federalist newspapers editors and others at the time likened the district shape to a salamander, and the word gerrymander was a blend of that word and Governor Gerry's last name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrymandering
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrym..._United_States

The earmuff shape of Illinois's 4th congressional district packs two Hispanic areas while retaining narrow contiguity along Interstate 294.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrymandering

Hillary supposedly won the popular vote by approx. three million votes but in the end the Electoral College voted for Trump. Does it matter at this stage if the election was tampered with.
    When the vote counts in some states or counties are a difference of only a few hundred (or a few thousand), then illegal voting can certainly have larger effects on election outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    The popular vote doesn't matter if the election rules use another methodology. Similarly, women and other citizens were long excluded from voting so their opinions as to how they would have voted didn't matter in those elections either. All that matters in deciding the winner is votes according to the rules. Democracy has many forms.

Now tampering can be a lot of things. If the actual votes are altered, then the tally for the majority vote may not be correct and the winner may not be the true (or "rightful") selection.
    (In comparison, just because a bank cashes a forged cheque, the money doesn't rightfully belong to the one now holding the cash.)
    Well the existential question - "does it matter?". Yesterday an armed robber went into the bank, but he didn't get any cash. Let's not charge him then?

I don't think a crime is required to be successful for it to "matter". Tampering could have a number of effects on the outcome and I would not argue the tampering was not successful if the candidate who was tampered against still got more votes, especially in the US where their strange system can allow a close second place to win.

It shows a mistrust the states have with the current administration.
    I don't think that's the reason, I think the politicians that are refusing to hand it over are the beneficiaries of loose voter ID laws and vote fraud in their state. Their biggest fear is losing power, not Donald Trump.

Or maybe, unlike Trump, the lawmakers in the 44 states & DC that aren't cooperating understand that as per the Constitution that the responsibility for elections (even federal ones) is a matter for the states, not the federal government.

Trump is asking for information he has zero right to & the states can (& rightfully are) telling him he can shove his orange head up his thin-skinned, obese ***.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

A bit like how Trump has been attacked for the last year relentlessly over massive collusion with Russia and there is still nothing.
    still nothing? Are you that daft, or have your head so far in the sand? How long did Trump attack Obama over his birth certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Well the existential question - "does it matter?". Yesterday an armed robber went into the bank, but he didn't get any cash. Let's not charge him then?

I don't think a crime is required to be successful for it to "matter". Tampering could have a number of effects on the outcome and I would not argue the tampering was not successful if the candidate who was tampered against still got more votes, especially in the US where their strange system can allow a close second place to win.
    Good point. Provable? Not so sure.

The simple count of votes being altered could have been provable but in the US it's apparently an honour system.

The deceitful altering of people's knowledge and judgment to cause an action that they wouldn't make under balanced and informed conditions, I believe is often against the law.

^^It started in 2008 and Trump began the claims in 2011.

"On September 16, 2016, as the Republican Party presidential nominee, Trump stated "President Barack Obama was born in the United States. Period." Trump took credit for putting the controversy to rest and also repeated a false claim that Hillary Clinton (his opponent in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and one of Obama's opponents in the 2008 Democractic presidential primaries) had started the controversy concerning Obama's place of birth." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack...iracy_theories

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    still nothing? Are you that daft, or have your head so far in the sand? How long did Trump attack Obama over his birth certificate?

I need to ask: What is "something"?

What information would be needed to cause everyone to say: "Look Trump clearly colluded with the Russians to ____ {whatever un-American or anti-American thing}____.

^^It started in 2008 and Trump began the claims in 2011.

"On September 16, 2016, as the Republican Party presidential nominee, Trump stated "President Barack Obama was born in the United States. Period." Trump took credit for putting the controversy to rest and also repeated a false claim that Hillary Clinton (his opponent in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and one of Obama's opponents in the 2008 Democractic presidential primaries) had started the controversy concerning Obama's place of birth." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack...iracy_theories
    Wow. Wikipedia sure falls short on the facts on that issue. Who, what, when, where, why? All we get is "birthers" started it.

What information would be needed to cause everyone to say: "Look Trump clearly colluded with the Russians to ____ {whatever un-American or anti-American thing}____.
    Nobody has even defined what happened yet. His opposition started the rumor that he was colluding with Putin to win the election without showing any evidence at all.

Ever since then, the media and his opponents have been digging like crazy, trying to find any hint they can that it is true. Any Russian that spoke to Trump (or anyone he knows) over the last 5 years is being claimed as "evidence" of Russian collusion. Objectively speaking, what they are doing is all confirmation bias.

His oppostion, and all intelligence agencies have alluded to russian interference in the 2016 election, and more and more evidence keeps tying it to Trump and his campaign.

I mean, Trump pretty much directly asked Russia to hack the DNC during his campaign in a speech.

After years of difficulties, Toronto tower finally de-Trumped

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/after-years-of-difficulties-toronto-tower-finally-de-trumped-1.3508279
    Toronto’s skyline just got a little less “yuge.”Cranes have begun removing the massive “TRUMP” sign from the former Trump International Hotel and Tower.
    The 65-storey building is undergoing a major rebranding after the tower’s owner, JFC Capital, bought out management contracts from a unit of the Trump Organization.
    Canadian company InnVest Hotels LP has since acquired the hotel and will rename it “The St. Regis Hotel.”

I'd rather C2E than work!

You really don't research anything on your own, do you? Maybe, just maybe, if you read some actual news sites you'd have a better grasp of why some of the States CAN NOT turn over the voting information. Hint: their privacy laws don't allow it.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

But Trumps sound bites that they are hiding something is accusing many Republican Governors that they are in collusion with the Democrats.

His mouth is bigger than the state of Texas.

It shows a mistrust the states have with the current administration.
    I don't think that's the reason, I think the politicians that are refusing to hand it over are the beneficiaries of loose voter ID laws and vote fraud in their state. Their biggest fear is losing power, not Donald Trump.
    You mean like in Texas where a gun licences is acceptable but a state issued student ID isn't?

Meanwhile....

The Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Mendacity
    The first public meeting of Trump’s voter fraud panel was a horrifying parade of outright lies.

Throughout this litigation, Kobach has argued he has proof of myriad noncitizens casting ballots in Kansas. On Wednesday, he stated that he knew of 128 “specific instances” in which noncitizens have either registered to vote or attempted to register in his state. He added that these cases may be the “tip of the iceberg” and that more than 18,000 noncitizens could be registered in Kansas. That 18,000 number came from Jesse Richman, a political scientist who claimed in 2014 that “6.4 percent of noncitizens voted in 2008.” While this claim was easily debunked, Kobach nevertheless hired Richman to analyze Kansas’ voter rolls. As Ari Berman explained in the New York Times:

To reach that [18,000] number, Richman identified 37 noncitizens on a list of temporary driver’s licenses in Kansas and found six who, he wrote in an expert report that Kobach filed in court, “had either registered to vote or attempted to register to vote.” He then divided those six people, representing 16 percent of a total of 37 people, by Kansas’s estimated noncitizen population of 114,000 and concluded that “a very substantial number and portion of noncitizens in Kansas have registered to vote or attempted to register to vote—more than 18,000.”
    When Kobach presented these findings in the state Legislature, Berman writes, the gallery broke out in laughter.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...e_of_lies.html

A horrifying parade of outright lies. So pretty much what you'd expect from a Trump administration.

It is true. It is endorsed by Steve Bannon, Alex Jones and that guy from Ancient Aliens.

But Trumps sound bites that they are hiding something is accusing many Republican Governors that they are in collusion with the Democrats.

His mouth is bigger than the state of Texas.
    In some ways the US is not that different than Canada. It is a Federal system and the states also jealously guard their jurisdictions, powers and privileges. However, i seems one of the quirks of the US system is the great power it gives to the states over the voting system even for Federal elections.

I suppose Trump can huff and puff all he wants, but if it does not annoy the Governors they will probably just basically ignore him on this. I doubt they are likely to cede anything here, especially because they know his mission is so quixotic.

quixotic

Thank you for my new word of the day. Fits the situation perfectly.

I'd use another expression, but it would appear as a line of asterisks.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    You really don't research anything on your own, do you? Maybe, just maybe, if you read some actual news sites you'd have a better grasp of why some of the States CAN NOT turn over the voting information. Hint: their privacy laws don't allow it.
    Stooping to insults again? How mature.

I have a response to your post but since you chose to insult me (yet again), I don't think you want to listen.

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha.....

Pot, meet kettle.

I don't think you want to listen.

You should try listening too, sometime.

I do. Quite often. To people with evidence and facts.

So far President Trump has demonstrated very strong executive ability, and I think most Americans can correctly see that if he implements his programs the way he wants to there will be better fiscal controls and better end results. His policies, however popular with voters, put a lot of politicians on the losing end. And that's why he is having difficulty.

It's fascinating reading what people think in these forums when they primarily get their US news from outlets citing sources from the New York Times and Washington Post. When you only read those sources you primarily see one speculative editorial after another about how emotional, childish, reckless and incoherent he is in. No matter your personal feelings for Trump, these outlets are clearly hostile partisan sources. When you go back to the original sources such as his speeches, executive orders, and the testimony of witnesses (other leaders) you see something very different. This guy is smart, he keeps his head, and he goes to meetings well-prepared (especially with foreign dignitaries).

Nevertheless, there appears to be a lot of people here who choose to buy the Democrat Party's unsourced speculation published in places like CNN, NYTimes, and WaPo, hook, line, and sinker, and have very little capacity to be skeptical for what they are being told by journalists (as if they don't have their own agendas to push).

Harvard Law Professor Lawrence Tribe:

Threatening to fire Mueller if M looks into Junior's or Kushner's finances is a dead giveaway that the jig is up

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/887847435539820544

^ Once again, that is just a speculative editorial from someone. No evidence, no facts.

Yeah, those eggheads at the Harvard Law School know nothing about facts. Sad!

Now, if they had a degree from someplace prestigious like Trump "University".....

So if somebody from Harvard Law School speculates about something, it magically becomes a "fact"?

OK....

Senator John McCain has brain cancer. Apparently a very aggressive form of brain cancer.
    McCain did not seem to quite sync with his boss Trump. His biggest mistake I think was picking Palin as a running mate for his presidential bid.
    What was he thinking?.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

So much winning....

The Iran Trap
    Trump is stuck with Obama’s nuclear deal. And his efforts to undermine it can only help Tehran.

Meanwhile, if Trump is worried about Iranian expansion (a legitimate source of worry), he seems oblivious to the fact that his own policies have worsened the trends. By denouncing Qatar as a leading financier of terrorism (thus succumbing to sweet-talking pressure from the Saudis and an info-war hacking campaign by the UAE), Trump drove Qatar’s emir—who, yes, had been playing all sides in the sectarian wars but had also been hosting the largest U.S. air base in the Middle East—into the arms of … that’s right, Iran. By aiding the Saudis in their vicious air war over Yemen and killing many more civilians than Obama had in his own abetting, Trump has helped legitimize Iran’s support of the rebels. By failing even to attempt a politico-diplomatic settlement to the civil wars in Iraq and Syria (even as the military campaigns against ISIS are succeeding), he has solidified Iran’s political control of Baghdad. (In fairness, though, Iran’s growing influence in Iraq was an almost an almost inevitable consequence of the power vacuum left by President George W. Bush’s 2003 invasion.)

Trump also made a terrible mistake when, during the NATO summit in May, he tried to persuade European allies to stop their trade and financial transactions with Iran. By doing this, the United States accomplished the dubious feat of being the first power to violate the Iran nuclear deal. For instance, in the accord, the United States and European Union pledge to “refrain from any policy specifically intended to directly and adversely affect the normalization of trade and economic relations with Iran inconsistent with their commitments not to undermine the successful implementation of this [agreement].” They also agreed on “steps to ensure Iran’s access in areas of trade, technology, finance and energy.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ment=715067246

So if somebody from Harvard Law School speculates about something, it magically becomes a "fact"?

OK....
    A hell of a lot closer to a fact than what the White House is claiming about Don Jr's meeting. Spicer is still claiming it was on;y about Russian adoptions even after the e-mails. And Daddy Trump is saying Junior is being transparent even after Jr. changed his story at least five times now.

He's discovering that you can't make a deal if you have no idea what you're talking about. He;s a used car salesman who knows nothing about cars but still think's he's a genius salesman.

Trump can’t make a health care deal because he doesn’t understand health care
    Trump is uninformed, underprepared, and unclear — and this is is the result.

Trump’s post-election promise of “insurance for everybody” with “much lower deductibles” set up a standard Republicans had no intention of ever meeting but kept having to answer for. At his occasional meetings with wavering members of Congress, he’s made superficial political arguments to people who had deep policy concerns. The discussions left legislators feeling insulted and annoyed that the president hadn’t bothered to do the barest amount of homework.

Because Trump doesn’t understand the legislation or the trade-offs it made, he can’t make persuasive arguments on its behalf in public or private, and so he mostly doesn’t try. Trump and his team are not frequent presences in the public debate trying to sell the legislation they’re so keen to sign. That’s one reason the various bills routinely polled around 20 percent — without Trump using the bully pulpit to argue on behalf of the legislation, critics, terrible Congressional Budget Office reports, and news of congressional infighting filled the void.

When Trump does weigh in, it’s often a disaster. Asked by Fox News’s Tucker Carlson how he responded to analyses showing the House health bill would hurt the people who voted for him, he replied, “Oh, I know,” and said the bill was “very preliminary.” Later, after holding a Rose Garden ceremony to celebrate the passage of the House health bill, he called it “mean.” But he never articulated a standard for a bill that wouldn’t be mean, and he never came up with a policy that wouldn’t hurt his supporters.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...mplicated-deal

He does not only not understand health care issues. He does not want to and worse, he doesn't care about the American people who need it.

First he said it was simple to fix, to repeal and replace in his very first day. That insulted the legislators who knew better. Then he said that it was hard and "nobody new health care was hard, nobody knew" which insulted them again and confirmed that Trump was talking through his hat. He has flip flopped and rolled over so many times but has done NOTHING to move the health care debate forward and actually destroyed everything by insulting both the GOP and the Democrats and then says that they should repeal and not replace, abandoning 35 million people and allow insurance rates to double for everyone else including business owners.

He is not making America great again. He is an orange haired Emperor Nero watching America burn.

So far President Trump has demonstrated very strong executive ability, and I think most Americans can correctly see that if he implements his programs the way he wants to there will be better fiscal controls and better end results. His policies, however popular with voters, put a lot of politicians on the losing end. And that's why he is having difficulty.

It's fascinating reading what people think in these forums when they primarily get their US news from outlets citing sources from the New York Times and Washington Post. When you only read those sources you primarily see one speculative editorial after another about how emotional, childish, reckless and incoherent he is in. No matter your personal feelings for Trump, these outlets are clearly hostile partisan sources. When you go back to the original sources such as his speeches, executive orders, and the testimony of witnesses (other leaders) you see something very different. This guy is smart, he keeps his head, and he goes to meetings well-prepared (especially with foreign dignitaries).

Nevertheless, there appears to be a lot of people here who choose to buy the Democrat Party's unsourced speculation published in places like CNN, NYTimes, and WaPo, hook, line, and sinker, and have very little capacity to be skeptical for what they are being told by journalists (as if they don't have their own agendas to push).
    see you comment in bold.

You are out of your gourd!

OK....
    You don't have to be a Harvard University Professor to figure out that Trump is trying to cover his tracks, firing people who are investigating him and see through his ever changing lies.

Most 6 year olds can figure this out.

Why can't you?
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 20-07-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Senator John McCain has brain cancer. Apparently a very aggressive form of brain cancer.
    McCain did not seem to quite sync with his boss Trump. His biggest mistake I think was picking Palin as a running mate for his presidential bid.
    What was he thinking?.
    I have never liked McCain (he seems like a Bush-era war hawk, which is probably partly why he hates Trump so much), but this is an awful diagnosis to get and I hope he recovers and can live out the rest of his life with his family.

I think Obama was a terrible president, but I think a McCain presidency would've probably been at least as bad, and also would've caused another 15 wars.

^its a shame, but I think he has had a pretty interesting life. When you get old (he is 80), you get sick and die at some point, there is no "nice" way for that to happen for any of us.

This is great news:

Trump to end lavish CIA support for ‘moderate’ anti-Assad forces in Syria – reports

https://www.rt.com/news/396872-trump-cia-arming-syria/

Stooping to insults again? How mature.

I have a response to your post but since you chose to insult me (yet again), I don't think you want to listen.
    First off, I didn't insult you, I asked whether you research things on your own. You chose not to respond to that, and instead deflect the question asked of you, which you do when you're calling on something you post and can't back up. Also, I'd love for you to post the other times I've insulted you in this thread (no doubt you'll ignore/deflect that again, because I'm asking you for facts).
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Who needs research when you have Fox News, Breitbart, InfoWars & RT to tell you what to think?
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Meanwhile, Trump continues to prove that he has literally no idea what he's talking about.

Trump has no idea how much health insurance costs

“I know a lot about health care,” President Donald Trump declared in a Wednesday interview with the New York Times.

But Trump’s answers to other questions betrayed how little he knows about health policy. As Ezra Klein wrote yesterday, this has become a major stumbling block in Republican efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare. Trump can’t strike a deal on health care when he doesn’t understand health policy.

Trump cited numbers that don’t seem to come from any recent version of the health care debate.

“From the moment the insurance, you’re 21 years old, you start working and you’re paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you’re 70, you get a nice plan,” Trump told the Times.

Of course, anyone who has purchased health coverage, let alone studied the health insurance market, knows that a $12 annual premium is nonexistent — and that premiums are typically paid in months rather than years. The numbers Trump cites seem to come from the universe of life insurance rather than that of health insurance. Life insurance premiums are significantly lower and a completely different benefit program than health coverage.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...p-health-costs

That reminds me of those school medical insurance forms that they handed out. You know, the ones that offered 50% of the value if you lost an eye or an arm, and 25% if you lost hearing in one ear....

Trump probably was watching a late night TV commercial that offered No Medical Question plans for only a $1 a month, no questions asked...

See, everyone can get “great health care at a tiny fraction of the cost” (“it’s going to be so easy”) according to Mr Trump.

Everyone just signs up and they save billions and billions and billions and billions and billions of dollars ...

That solves Obamacare, Medicare, Medicaid, the budget and tax reform.

Now he can take all those yuge savings and give billions and billions and billions and billions and billions of dollars to his rich friends i n tax breaks.

See everything is solved according to Trump.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

First off, I didn't insult you, I asked whether you research things on your own. You chose not to respond to that, and instead deflect the question asked of you, which you do when you're calling on something you post and can't back up. Also, I'd love for you to post the other times I've insulted you in this thread (no doubt you'll ignore/deflect that again, because I'm asking you for facts).
    Keep in mind, this same person in another thread whines and complains that "liberal snowflakes" are so sensitive that they want to ban certain speech on college campuses and so on. Then if you point out the insipid ignorance in his views and statements in another thread, he whines that you're being too mean and puts you on ignore. I mean, I don't even disagree with him on the point about restricting speech on college campuses etc, but it's so hilariously hypocritical I have to point it out.

It's pretty clear Trump's thinking about life insurance while talking about health insurance.

Amazing that someone so orange can simultaneously be a complete maroon.

Found on the web.

Desperate to present the GOP base with a win, McConnell / Ryan / Trump promise vote "before the end of the week" on two-page bill combining "GET OUT OF AMERICA IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT" in 96 point Comic Sans and a picture of Calvin peeing on Hillary Clinton.

Nevada representative on the Republican National Committee and Trump supporter speaking of John McCain. Note that you can tell she's a good "Christian" because she shows her approval by simply replying "Amen".

Words fail me.

In conjunction with holding a ridiculously influential position, behold, the biggest imaginable fu*king as$clown in western civilization. No, no. Well beyond conceivable imagination.

I rhetorically await putz-dom's fervent justification.

“All of those are English words that I recognize. Put together, it’s sort of out of context, out of touch, and it doesn’t make any sense.”

Chris Cillizza on CNN

When will Americans realize that their President is mentally unstable?

In the Fake News today, from CBC.

Communist Blather Conspiracy

Sean Spicer quits after Trump taps financier to head White House communications
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/scaramucci-trump-1.4216007

White House press secretary Sean Spicer has resigned, according to sources, after U.S. President Donald Trump picked Wall Street financier and his longtime supporter Anthony Scaramucci to be his White House communications director.

Currently at the Export-Import Bank, Scaramucci is expected to start his new job in August, according to a White House official.

Spicer had been serving as both communications director and press secretary following the departure of communications director Michael Dubke in May.

According to a report in the New York Times, Spicer strongly objected to Scaramucci's appointment, saying it was a major mistake.

Spicer's daily press briefings had become must-see television until recent weeks, when he took on a more behind-the-scenes role. Deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders has largely taken over the briefings, turning them into an off-camera event.

So it sounds like Sean Spicer quit as press secretary. Donald Trump told him he'd get tired of winning - Spicer deserves the rest.

I enjoyed watching Spicer, but I think Sarah Huckabee Sanders is much better at handling the daily press beatings.

^ "Donald Trump told him he'd get tired of winning "

ROFLMAO

I saw it reported on CNN and in the New York Times. FAKE NEWS!!! Lame-stream media!!! Don't listen to their lies! Sad!

So it sounds like Sean Spicer quit as press secretary. Donald Trump told him he'd get tired of winning - Spicer deserves the rest.

I enjoyed watching Spicer, but I think Sarah Huckabee Sanders is much better at handling the daily press beatings.

C2E Posting Power

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is much better at handling the daily press beatings.
    You mean the legitimate questions that the press asks after the administration continues to lie, backtrack and deceive?

I think the newly appointed White House Communications Director, Anthony Scaramucci, should replace the former WH Press Secretary, Sean Spicer with an experienced appointee from the Trump 'Dream Team'; Natalia Veselnitskaya.

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 21-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.

And who is Scaramucci? Just a hedge-fund guy.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is much better at handling the daily press beatings.
    You mean the legitimate questions that the press asks after the administration continues to lie, backtrack and deceive?
    This is what he thinks the press should be like.

Reporter: Mr. Phillips, you're fabulously wealthy, you're a world class athlete, you were great in bed last night! How does that feel?

Duke Phillips: I have no one to envy. I envy you having me to envy.

- The Critic

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I enjoyed watching Spicer, but I think Sarah Huckabee Sanders is much better at constantly saying "I'll get back to you on that", never doing so and refusing to do them on camera.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mroilers View Post
    sarah huckabee sanders is much better at handling the daily press beatings.
    you mean the legitimate questions that the press asks after the administration continues to lie, backtrack and deceive?
    Sexist!!!

And who is Scaramucci? Just a hedge-fund guy.
    He is another Mini-Me Trump https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Scaramucci

He has it in for CNN because they tied him to a 10 billion dollar Russia case.

They apologised and CNN stated that the investigation found the story “wasn’t solid enough” for publication. It does not mean that the story is untrue.

Melissa McCarthy now needs a new acting job.

Japan's first lady pretends not to speak English rather than chat with Donald Trump
    'I was seated next to the wife of Prime Minister Abe ... she’s a terrific woman, but doesn’t speak English,' Trump said. But she does

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/j...a-c6cd65709329

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by mroilers View Post
    sarah huckabee sanders is much better at handling the daily press beatings.
    you mean the legitimate questions that the press asks after the administration continues to lie, backtrack and deceive?
    Sexist!!!
    Explain

seamusmcduffs, he spun his "Big Wheel of Excuses" and it came up on that.

MrO will probably think that was an insult...

Sadly, this makes perfect sense. And that's a scary thing to admit about the President of the United States.

Did Trump’s bizarre idea that health insurance costs $12 a year come from this Fox News commercial?

“Why does Trump think health insurance costs $12/year? Because Gerber advertises life insurance for babies on Fox News for about that price,” Long wrote. “That’s right, Trump’s understanding of health insurance is so non-existent that he doesn’t even know it’s not the same as life insurance. Human life means so little to Trump he can’t even be bothered to spend seconds to understand critical things on the crudest, simplest level.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/did-...ws-commercial/

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Possibly one of Trudeaus socks..ewwww

Nope, got to be his master's sock. Hence, The Cheeto in Chief.

Trump's base is feeling the freedom.

Alt-right activists say Trump and Bannon are giving them “space to destroy” by keeping FBI away
    Top alt-right podcasters say the Trump administration is deliberately backing off investigating domestic extremists

“Now is the time that we have to make hay while the sun shines . . . while these investigations of ‘domestic terrorist groups’ are not being funded by the government, they’re not being pushed by the Department of Homeland Security” argued one of the co-hosts of the program, an anonymous former Republican political staffer who calls himself Jazzhands McFeels.

“We’d probably be facing ******* [racketeering] charges or some **** like that,” Peinovich said, discussing what he believed might have happened if Hillary Clinton had won the 2016 presidential election.

“We have to use these four years to grow into something that can’t be defeated by that kind of thing,” Peinovich said, referring to possible future investigations of neo-fascist groups.

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/24/alt-...ping-fbi-away/

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast