Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump - misc

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    Once again, Trump knows the pulse of the nation a lot better than the liberal / Alt-Left media does.

Its not that different from Canada - should we remove all the MacDonald statutes given he was a racist who harmed first nations? I expect polls would show the same in Canada.

A new poll released Thursday shows a majority of Americans want to keep Confederate statues in place to “honor” fallen leaders of the South.

According to an NPR/PBS Newshour/Marist poll, which was conducted among 1,125 U.S. citizens by phone Aug. 14-15, the overwhelming majority — 62 percent — want the monuments to remain while a much smaller share of Americans — 27 percent — want them removed.
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/08...erate-statues/

Some more, among Republicans:

I think its wrong to change or erase history

So what statues and monuments have to be torn down to stop Islamic terrorism?

^The Osama Bin Laden statue in your backyard.

Uh, aren't muslims generally against statues & monuments, what with the religious prohibition against idolatry & graven images?
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

We should be putting up statues of Hitler and Goering and Himmler so people don't forget World War II.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    We should be putting up statues of Hitler and Goering and Himmler so people don't forget World War II.
    So you think all the John MacDonald statues around Canada should be pulled down? He was a racist (by contrast, I have no idea if Robert Lee was racist, I'm pretty sure its his achievements as a military general that he is most remembered for - and Goering was perhaps more of a fat slob / criminal / opportunist than a racist)- and MacDonalds governments actions result in untold misery for millions of indigenous people in Canada.
    Last edited by moahunter; 17-08-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    Oh dear. Never mind, as per this goes off the rails..SMH at the Antifa

Btw, there never were statues of Hitler, I'm talking about whats up now...
    Last edited by H.L.; 17-08-2017 at 04:24 PM.

^^ So you view the net effect/impact of Canada to be equal to the Confederacy or Nazi Germany? That the country that JAMcD helped birth has had similar impacts like the Civil War or the Third Reich?
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Default Ten Crimes of John A MacDonald

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    ^^ So you view the net effect/impact of Canada to be equal to the Confederacy or Nazi Germany? That the country that JAMcD helped birth has had similar impacts like the Civil War or the Third Reich?
    I think the residential school system and the treatment of first nations (sexual / physical abuse / death of children, and comments directly attributed to MacDonald about the "savages") is very horrific, more so than the actions of a general in the confederacy, who is acclaimed for his military victories against forces far stronger than his.

http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/jess...john-macdonald

1. Founded Canada on stolen land

2. Criminalized abortion

3. Criminalized homosexuality

4. Used of starvation as a weapon

5. Created a repressive police

6. Expanded capitalism (I don't see this as a crime - but I am quoting a left wing newspaper)

7. Promoted residential schools

8. Outlawed the potlatch

9. Imposed a racist head tax

10. Executed dissidents
    Last edited by moahunter; 17-08-2017 at 04:31 PM.

^^^Sometimes a stupid question deserves a mocking response.

by contrast, I have no idea if Robert Lee was racist, I'm pretty sure its his achievements as a military general that he is most remembered for.
    He was racist as all get out. His achievements were achieved to promote & further the ideals of the Confederacy aka slavery. Abhorrent & not something to be celebrated, whatsoever.

I think the residential school system and the treatment of first nations (sexual / physical abuse / death of children, and comments directly attributed to MacDonald about the "savages") is very horrific, more so than the actions of a general in the confederacy, who is acclaimed for his military victories against forces far stronger than his.
    But he was fighting for the right for white folks to own black folks. No matter how much the deck was stacked against him, he was fighting to maintain an abhorrent racist system. That's not to be celebrated, whatsoever.

by contrast, I have no idea if Robert Lee was racist, I'm pretty sure its his achievements as a military general that he is most remembered for.
    He was racist as all get out. His achievements were achieved to promote & further the ideals of the Confederacy aka slavery. Abhorrent & not something to be celebrated, whatsoever.
    But Macdonalds crimes, posted above, and I'll post again, are ok to you?

1. Founded Canada on stolen land

2. Criminalized abortion

3. Criminalized homosexuality

4. Used of starvation as a weapon

5. Created a repressive police

6. Expanded capitalism (I don't see this as a crime - but I am quoting a left wing newspaper)

7. Promoted residential schools

8. Outlawed the potlatch

9. Imposed a racist head tax

10. Executed dissidents

Nope.

But none of those are at the level of genocide or slavery. Treating a group of people abhorrently is still a huge gulf from wiping out said people from the earth or advocating that some humans can be property.

Nope.

But none of those are at the level of genocide or slavery. Treating a group of people abhorrently is still a huge gulf from wiping out said people from the earth or advocating that some humans can be property.
    So, Robert Lee who was a general fighting for the confederacy, is more evil than a politician who implemented policies to repress people. Okey dokey... personally I don't think our first nations have been treated much better than slaves, certainly not their children, but carry on imaging our history is fine... History is history, the good and the bad, and the idea we can revisionist correct everything by selectively pulling some statues down (like Robert Lee), but not others (like George Washington, a slave owner who had a child by one of this slaves), is to me, and to most Americans it seems, nonsense.
    Last edited by moahunter; 17-08-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    That's my Santa yard ornament.

So, Robert Lee who was a general fighting for the confederacy, is more evil than a politician who implemented policies to repress people.
    Yes. Because the Confederacy was founded to preserve slavery & as such leading the fight for the Confederacy is an immoral & inexcusable act. He fought so white folk could own black folk.

Okey dokey... personally I don't think our first nations have been treated much better than slaves, certainly not their children, but carry on imaging our history is fine...
    There's a world of difference between "not much better than slaves" and actual, legit SLAVES.

CNN Commentator: George Washington And Thomas Jefferson Statues ‘Need To Come Down’

https://twitter.com/peterjhasson/sta...88772235898880

President Trump was correct yet again.

I thought CNN was fake news & was to be disregarded?

Whoa - Seattle mayor requests the removal of Confederate statues, AND Lenin statue:

http://mynorthwest.com/722573/seattl...erate-statues/

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    CNN Commentator: George Washington And Thomas Jefferson Statues ‘Need To Come Down’

https://twitter.com/peterjhasson/sta...88772235898880

President Trump was correct yet again.
    Yup - there won't be many statutes left of any Canadian politicians from 50 years ago or earlier, if the same standards that the Alt-left is applying in the US are applied in Canada.

Now it seem to be a pointless race to ruin historical monuments regardless of their historical significance.

The Abraham Lincoln monument was torched in Chicago: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hicago-an-abs/

There's a world of difference between "not much better than slaves" and actual, legit SLAVES.
    Sorry, I didn't realize its ok to put children into sexual and cultural abuse at the hands of people who treat them as playthings, provided you don't call them SLAVES. Its ok to kick people of their land and inprision them in tiny settlements, as long as they are "free" (even though they aren't, because they can't leave / live the life that a white person can). I guess South Africa was ok, because under apartheid, the people weren't slaves, Mandela was never a slave...

The left seems to be very apologetic to pedophilia.

^^ It's not. But it's an order of magnitude worse to SELL PEOPLE.

^page up^

Moahunter, you posted some polls on statues. I thought that you did not believe in polls????

BTW, regarding taking down statues.

Judge for yourself how many former slaves when freed with only a first name, took on the name Jefferson and Washington vs how many took the name Lee and Grant?
    The two former were those they respected.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Judge for yourself how many former slaves when freed with only a first name, took on the name Jefferson and Washington vs how many took the name Lee and Grant?
    The two former were those they respected.
    Showing your ignorance PRT, slaves almost always took their names of their slave owners, all this proves, is Lee and Grant's families owned fewer slaves than Jefferson and Washington's families.

Sorry, ignorance is your department.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

So you think all the John MacDonald statues around Canada should be pulled down? He was a racist (by contrast, I have no idea if Robert Lee was racist, I'm pretty sure its his achievements as a military general that he is most remembered for - and Goering was perhaps more of a fat slob / criminal / opportunist than a racist)- and MacDonalds governments actions result in untold misery for millions of indigenous people in Canada.
    Halifax and Nova Scotia re now dealing with what to do with statues and other named sites after Edward Cornwallis. He was the Founder of Halifax and Governor of Nova Scotia from 1748 to 1752. He was also dedicated to the eradication of the Mi'kmaq, offering a bounty for each native scalp that was turned in. Charming man. In your world, we'd celebrate his "European" achievements (establishing new colonies, converting natives to Christianity) and ignore the atrocities. After all, he was just "civilizing" them, wasn't he?

I think that McDonald has gotten more credit and not enough criticism than he deserves. The difference though is that where McDonald is celebrated for bringing about the country of Canada, the Confederates are the losers in the war. And the fact that they never renounced their racism and the fact that their symbols continue to be used today, makes the comparison between McDonald and Lee, for example, a simple act of deflection. "Yeah, but what about...?". By your reasoning, we shouldn't take down the statues of the Confederates then why shouldn't we erect statues to the losers of World War II for the same reason?

Sorry, ignorance is your department. Rather than your unsorted ino, some had no choice to keep their slave owners names to receive pensions. Other who could change their name, often took Jefferson, Washington and others they admired.

Source
    https://www.facinghistory.org/recons...changing-names

The US situation is actually a lot different than Canada - basic history lesson 101, they had a civil war, so the southern war heroes and leaders were not technically ever US war heroes or leaders at all. The south actually seceded from the United States at the start of the war and was a separate entity until the war ended. Some of the southern war participants were actually charged with crimes and jailed for their actions.

I could understand some in the southern states somehow wanting to commemorate history, but I think that is best done by having national parks, historic sites, etc.. on the location of famous battlefields. I don't think the US government put the statues of the confederate war participants up, it was mostly from local initiatives in some southern states. Now, some of those same communities, have decided based on current local feeling to take those statues down and I think that is their right to do so.

I am in favour of keeping statues of acknowledged national leaders, like Lincoln and MacDonald because of the role they played in preserving or founding our nations. Not many people know this, but MacDonald was apparently in favour of giving women the vote, he was actually quite enlightened for his time.

By your reasoning, we shouldn't take down the statues of the Confederates then why shouldn't we erect statues to the losers of World War II for the same reason?
    If the children of the soldiers who fought under Rommel had put up a statue to Rommel, I don't think it would need to be pulled down today, anymore than the confederate statutes, or the MacDonald ones.

And if the hypothetical children of Rommel want to put up a statue today, they're welcome to do it on their own, private property. The difference is that the statues we're talking about were erected by the US Federal Government (there's statues of a dozen Confederates in the US Capitol, including Confederate President Jefferson Davis), states, counties, towns and cities. Society as a whole should not be in the business of glorifying these people.

In the cases of Cornwallis and MacDonald, at the very least, more information about their past, including an unvarnished look at the atrocities they committed or ordered, should be included. Memorials to the people that died because of their actions should also be erected next to the statues to give context.

It's funny that the ones screaming most about how taking to statues down is removing history are also the ones that want to ignore the bad parts of history while whitewashing it.

Last edited by kkozoriz; 17-08-2017 at 05:35 PM.

It's funny that the ones screaming most about how taking to statues down is removing history are also the ones that want to ignore the bad parts of history while whitewashing it.

Its a massive double standard - its fine for us to have statues that glorify a racist (MacDonald), but its not fine for the former US confederate states glorify a man who many regard as one of the greatest tactical and strategic generals ever. I think we like to point our finger and say, those dirty racists in the South (and the northern US media will happily do that), but our own history with respect to the indigenous people of this land is in many respects just as horrific. Most American's realize the confederate statues aren't about slavery, or racial purity, even if extremist white supremecy groups on the Alt-right try to make it so, just like the MacDonald statues wouldn't suddenly become a glorification of indigenous abuse if some skin heads started to march on them.
    Last edited by moahunter; 17-08-2017 at 06:13 PM.

The Confederates weren't just racist, they were also fighting for the right to own slaves. MacDonald was racist but he wasn't a slaver. And yes, we need to have a talk about the hidden parts of some of our historical figures but pointing at them as a reason why we cannot say "it's time to stop glorifying people who wanted to own human beings as property" is simply ignoring the issue.

"Sure, Hitler was racist but that doesn't mean the country/province/city can't put up a statue of him".

Tell you what, Stalin created the famine in Ukraine that led to the deaths of millions but he was also our ally in WW2. How about you present a proposal to erect a statue of him and rename Churchill Square to Churchill-Stalin Square.

Let me know how that works out for you, OK?
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 17-08-2017 at 06:33 PM.

I'm a little hopeful that this sparks an introspective moment for everyone & just maybe we can get Mayfair Park its name back.

Its a massive double standard - its fine for us to have statues that glorify a racist (MacDonald), but its not fine for the former US confederate states glorify a man who many regard as one of the greatest tactical and strategic generals ever. I think we like to point our finger and say, those dirty racists in the South (and the northern US media will happily do that), but our own history with respect to the indigenous people of this land is in many respects just as horrific. Most American's realize the confederate statues aren't about slavery, or racial purity, even if extremist white supremecy groups on the Alt-right try to make it so, just like the MacDonald statues wouldn't suddenly become a glorification of indigenous abuse if some skin heads started to march on them.
    I don't think there is any widespread belief that MacDonald was particularly racist. It seems to me slavery, which the secessionist states were based on and fought for, was indisputably racist. Again, basic history 101 the Confederate leaders and generals were also NOT US national heroes or leaders, they were leaders and supporters of a secessionist government that fought AGAINST the US.

Donald Trump Cares About Irreplaceable Objects, Except When He Doesn't

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/t...b06ef724d6ef65

Donald Trump's Golf Course Plaque Honors Fake Civil War Battle

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...battle-w498383
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

Actually, he was. Much more than his contemporaries.

From the National Post

MacDonald, Dan & Farber: John A. Macdonald was a near genocidal extremist even for his time
    MacDonald, Dan & Farber: Macdonald must be seen as an aberration of aboriginal-settler relations

Canadian historian Tim Stanley has stated that “… Macdonald’s were among the most extreme views of his era. He was the only politician in the parliamentary debates to refer to Canada as ‘Aryan’ and to justify legalized racism on the basis not of alleged cultural practices but on the grounds that ‘Chinese’ and ‘Aryans’ were separate species.” His racism was not of the garden variety — he went much further than others — he feared racial contamination. Asians, he seemed to say, were the Ebola of the late 19th century — against which the emerging Aryan dominated state had to protect itself.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/macd...6-e7ee9059cbc0

I'm a little hopeful that this sparks an introspective moment for everyone & just maybe we can get Mayfair Park its name back.
    Well, the former mayor of Edmonton didn't own slaves, I don't think he was a white supremacist and I don't think he scalped or killed first nations peoples either, so probably not. However I suppose it is up to the citizens and government of the city to keep or change the park's name, just as it is up to those cities in the southern US to keep or take down those statues based on current sentiment.

I meant no equivalency whatsoever, just dropping the only real local example of stuff celebrating a less-than-stellar human being & a personal peeve.

I still refer to it as Mayfair. Don't need to honour that crook that's got his name on it now. There should be a minimum of 20-25 years after someone dies before we can put their name on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Donald Trump Cares About Irreplaceable Objects, Except When He Doesn't

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/t...b06ef724d6ef65

Donald Trump's Golf Course Plaque Honors Fake Civil War Battle

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...battle-w498383
    Just when you think he can not get any more bizarre - he is now creating alternative history. I have a new theory - he is an alien who lives in his own alternative universe. It would explain a lot.

Windsor Terrace?
    http://zoomjer.com/beard-blog/edmont...s-of-the-past/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Just when you think he can not get any more bizarre - he is now creating alternative history. I have a new theory - he is an alien who lives in his own alternative universe. It would explain a lot.
    The fake plaque is consistent with the fake TIME covers that hang at some of his golf clubs.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

This is a guy that supports vigilante justice, no trials and that Trump is a huge fan of. Two peas in a pod it seems like.

"Any assertion by any world leader, including, US President Donald Trump, that Duterte is doing 'an unbelievable job' by cheerleading a murderous campaign that has killed more than 7,000 Filipinos is not only a gross insult to those victims and their family members, but sends a signal to Duterte and his willing executioners that their lawless killing spree can continue with a vengeance without fear of international criticism and repercussions," said Phelim Kline of Human Rights Watch.

‘You shoot them’: Trump-backed Philippines president says he will order police to kill human rights activists

"Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte this week warned that he could order the shooting of human rights activists if he deems them guilty of “obstructing justice.”

Rappler reported that in remarks on Wednesday, Duterte opined that shooting activists could be a way to teach them what true human rights abuses looked like.

“Tell them, ‘Police, shoot those who are part of it.’ If they are obstructing justice, you shoot them,” Duterte said, according to a translation provided by Rappler. “So they can really see the kinds of human rights.”"

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/you-...hts-activists/

Descendants of Stonewall Jackson call for the removal of Confederate statues.

The Monuments Must Go
    An open letter from the great-great-grandsons of Stonewall Jackson.

Dear Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney and members of the Monument Avenue Commission,

We are native Richmonders and also the great-great-grandsons of Stonewall Jackson. As two of the closest living relatives to Stonewall, we are writing today to ask for the removal of his statue, as well as the removal of all Confederate statues from Monument Avenue. They are overt symbols of racism and white supremacy, and the time is long overdue for them to depart from public display. Overnight, Baltimore has seen fit to take this action. Richmond should, too.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...s_must_go.html

I'm Sparticus!
    Dozens of Activists Turn Selves in Spartacus-Style for “Crime” of Toppling Durham Confederate Statue

Activists in Durham County, North Carolina, attempted to surrender en masse at a courthouse on Thursday morning in an act of solidarity with those charged for the act of pulling down a statue of a Confederate soldier on Monday, news reports and social media accounts say. The gesture remained symbolic when law enforcement officials declined to take anyone who hadn't had a warrant issued for their arrest into custody: "Officials at the jail, where the magistrate’s office is located, blocked their entry into the buildings," the Raleigh News & Observer reported. Video of the scene:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...te_statue.html

Nazi-KKK-alt-right "protesters" in Charlottesville. Yeah, these guys aren't looking for a fight.

No wonder the cops did not take sides

I saw the alt-left counter protesters standing with bunches of flowers. I will post the photos later.

Some interesting ideas here on how to handle the statues once they're removed. Details in the link

Here are 3 options for dealing with Confederate statues that neither whitewash racism nor erase history

1. Move the statues to a more appropriate location.

2. Use the statues in new art with new meaning.

3. Put the statues in context in a “fallen monument park.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/here...erase-history/

Fox News host: No Republicans would defend Trump's Charlottesville comments on air

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...how/574528001/
    Fox News host Shepard Smith said Wednesday that his show hadn't been able to find Republicans to defend President Trump's controversial statements about the violent clashes in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend.

"Our booking team — and they're good — reached out to Republicans of all stripes across the country today," he said during Shepard Smith Reporting. "Let's be honest, Republicans don't really mind coming on Fox News Channel. We couldn't get anyone to come and defend him here."

Smith continued that the show believed someone should provide that perspective to provide balance.

"We worked very hard at it throughout the day and we were unsuccessful," he said. "And of those who are condemning the president's condemnable actions, I've not heard any prominent leaders, former presidents, members of the House or the Senate use his name while speaking in generalities."

I've posted before about how evil Christopher Columbus was. Adding more here.

"..In a sense, there was no "Europe" before 1492. People were simply Tuscan, French, and the like. Now Europeans began to see similarities among themselves, at least as contrasted with Native Americans. For that matter, there were no "white" people in Europe before 1492. With the transatlantic slave trade, first Indian, then African, Europeans increasingly saw "white" as a race and race as an important human characteristic." Source: second link below.

Also adding excerpt on The impact of a racist president.

Columbus Day? True Legacy: Cruelty and Slavery

By Eric Kasum ASSOCIATED PRESS

Once again, it’s time to celebrate Columbus Day. Yet, the stunning truth is: If Christopher Columbus were alive today, he would be put on trial for crimes against humanity. Columbus’ reign of terror, as documented by noted historians, was so bloody, his legacy so unspeakably cruel, that Columbus makes a modern villain like Saddam Hussein look like a pale codfish.

Question: Why do we honor a man who, if he were alive today, would almost certainly be sitting on Death Row awaiting execution?

If you’d like to know the true story about Christopher Columbus, please read on. But I warn you, it’s not for the faint of heart.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/742708

Hero-making Christopher Columbus excerpted from the book Lies My Teacher Told Me Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James W. Loewen
    "

At home, Wilson's racial policies disgraced the office he held. His Republican predecessors had routinely appointed blacks to important offices, including ... African Americans took part in the Republican Party's national conventions and enjoyed some access to the White House. Woodrow Wilson, for whom many African Americans voted in 1912, changed all that. A southerner, Wilson... He was an outspoken white supremacist-his wife was even worse-and told "darky" stories in cabinet meetings. His administration submitted a legislative program intended to curtail the civil rights of African Americans, but Congress would not pass it. Unfazed, Wilson used his power as chief executive to ...

p29
    Wilson displayed little regard for the rights of anyone whose opinions differed from his own. But textbooks take pains to insulate him from wrongdoing. "Congress," not Wilson, is credited with having passed the Espionage Act of June 1917 and the Sedition Act of the following year, probably the most serious attacks on the civil liberties of Americans since the short-lived Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798. In fact, Wilson tried to strengthen the Espionage Act with a provision giving broad censorship powers directly to the president. Moreover, with Wilson's approval, his postmaster general used his new censorship powers to suppress all mail that was socialist, anti-British, pro-Irish, or that in any other way might, in his view, have threatened the war effort. Robert Goldstein served ten years in prison for producing The Spirit of '76, a film about the Revolutionary War that depicted the British, who were now our allies, unfavorably. Textbook authors suggest that wartime pressures excuse Wilson's suppression of civil liberties, but in 1920, when World War I was long over, Wilson vetoed a bill that would have abolished the Espionage and Sedition acts. Textbook authors blame the anticommunist and anti-labor union witch hunts of Wilson's second term on his illness and on an attorney general run amok. No evidence supports this view. Indeed, ..."

...Because heroification prevents textbooks from showing Wilson's shortcomings, textbooks are hard pressed to explain the results of the 1920 election. James Cox, the Democratic candidate who was Wilson's would-be successor, was crushed by the nonentity Warren G. Harding, who never even campaigned. In the biggest landslide in the history of American presidential politics, Harding got almost 64 percent of the major-party votes. The people were "tired," textbooks suggest, and just wanted a "return to normalcy." The possibility that the electorate knew what it was doing in rejecting Wilson never occurs to our authors. It occurred to Helen Keller, however. She called Wilson "the greatest individual disappointment the world has ever known!"

p60
    Christopher Columbus introduced two phenomena that revolutionized race relations and transformed the modern world: the taking of land, wealth, and labor from indigenous peoples, leading to their near extermination, and the transatlantic slave trade, which created a racial underclass.....

Columbus not only sent the first slaves across the Atlantic, he probably sent more slaves-about five thousand-than any other individual. To her credit, Queen Isabella opposed ... In 1501 the Portuguese began to depopulate Labrador, transporting the now extinct Beothuk Indians to Europe and Cape Verde as slaves. After the British established beachheads on the Atlantic coast of North America, they encouraged coastal Indian tribes to capture and sell members of more distant tribes. Charleston, South Carolina, became a major port for exporting Indian slaves. The Pilgrims and Puritans sold the survivors of the Pequot War into slavery in Bermuda in 1637. The French shipped virtually the entire Natchez nation in chains to the West Indies in 1731

A particularly repellent aspect of the slave trade was sexual. As soon as... Columbus wrote a friend in 1500, "A hundred castellanoes are as easily obtained for a woman as for a farm, and it is very general and there are plenty of dealers who go about looking for girls; those from nine to ten are now in demand."

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Hi...ing_LMTTM.html

Last edited by KC; 17-08-2017 at 11:40 PM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Next-Level Gaming: The New ‘Call Of Duty’ Will Penalize Players For Shooting Nazis Who Are Actually Very Fine People

We thought we couldn’t be any more excited for Call Of Duty: WWII. Oh, how wrong we were!

Details are still trickling out about the upcoming installment in the Call Of Duty franchise, but some new info shows just how committed Activision is to giving players a truly next-level gaming experience. Today we learned that this new entry won’t just offer gamers pulse-pounding combat in a historically accurate World War II setting; it will go even further by penalizing players for shooting Nazis who are actually very fine people!

Um, can we play this game now, please?

The new “Nazi Sense” mechanic adds a whole new gameplay dimension on top of Call Of Duty: WWII’s already intense firefights. Instead of just blasting away at every enemy soldier, players will have to consider whether each individual Nazi might be an otherwise decent person who just happens to be fighting alongside some real bad apples. Shoot a Nazi who’s actually a pillar of his community and is proud of his heritage and you’ll take a blow to your health or ammo. Shoot too many decent, hardworking Nazis, and you’ll have to start over from the last checkpoint.
    http://www.clickhole.com/amp/6513
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Democrat Senator calls for assassination of President, Twitter lets it trend. Then she deletes her Tweet.

But she kept this one up of her posing with a Muslim giving the Islamic State hand signal for Jihad.

And she's not very intelligent - she just retweeted a story about how she called for Trump's assassination:

Will the alt-left disavow?

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Nazi-KKK-alt-right "protesters" in Charlottesville. Yeah, these guys aren't looking for a fight.
    Those are not Nazi/KKK/alt-right protestors, and it's intellectually dishonest to claim they are. Those are militia members, who were supposedly there to "keep the peace" and who do not necessarily agree with the goals or views of the racists. Although, I would imagine there's a fair amount of cross pollination going on there, but it's not fair to lump them together.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...peech-violence

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Although, I would imagine there's a fair amount of cross pollination going on there, but it's not fair to lump them together.

Actually they seem pretty decent, as far as gun-happy American militias go. I think walking around in camo, openly carrying assault weapons is terrible optics, but it's The American Way or whatnot.

http://thelightfootmilitia.com/Porta...4/LFMS2014.pdf

(Standard caveats apply as the manual is the specification & there may be differences compared with implementation.)

Trump's middle east peace plan takes form.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Those are not Nazi/KKK/alt-right protestors, and it's intellectually dishonest to claim they are. Those are militia members, who were supposedly there to "keep the peace" and who do not necessarily agree with the goals or views of the racists. Although, I would imagine there's a fair amount of cross pollination going on there, but it's not fair to lump them together.

So they're marching with the KKK/Nazis but they really don't believe in the same things. Meanwhile, they're also keeping the police at bay from those same KKK/Nazi protesters. If it walks like a duck,quacks like a duck.

Where were they when one of the counter protesters was run down by a car? If they were there to keep the peace, they did a pretty crappy job of it.

I mean, it's not like Trump has a history of being a racist or anything....

Trump Condemned Racism As 'Evil.' Here Are 16 Times He Embraced It.

Workers at Trump’s casinos in Atlantic City, New Jersey, have accused him of racism over the years. The New Jersey Casino Control Commission fined the Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino $200,000 in 1992 because managers would remove African-American card dealers at the request of a certain big-spending gambler. A state appeals court upheld the fine.

The first-person account of at least one black Trump casino employee in Atlantic City suggests the racist practices were consistent with Trump’s personal behavior toward black workers.

“When Donald and Ivana came to the casino, the bosses would order all the black people off the floor,” Kip Brown, a former employee at Trump’s Castle, told The New Yorker for a 2015 article. “It was the eighties, I was a teen-ager, but I remember it: they put us all in the back.”

Trump allegedly disparaged his black casino employees as “lazy” in vividly bigoted terms, according to a 1991 book by John O’Donnell, a former president of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino.

“And isn’t it funny. I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it,” O’Donnell recalled Trump saying. “The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.”

“I think the guy is lazy,” Trump said of a black employee, according to O’Donnell. “And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.”

Trump told an interviewer in 1997 that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true,” but in 1999 accused O’Donnell of having fabricated the quotes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/t...b09071f69b9261

When a Muslim is identified as a radical, they must be outed and investigated, Anyone who's professing racism and violence is no friend of civilized society.

But, to those on the right, exposing a white Christian who also harbours racist and violent beliefs must be allowed to maintain their anonymity.

‘My life is over’: 21-year-old Charlottesville marcher whines over ‘outing’ by anti-fascist group

According to the Livingston County News, Jerrod Kuhn was filmed on Friday and Saturday last week by a BBC documentary crew as he carried a torch on the University of Virginia campus and chanted Nazi slogans and marched with the KKK and neo-Nazis the following day.

Rochester, NY-based group called Eastside Antifascists took still images of Kuhn and distributed 250 fliers bearing his photo throughout the Honeoye Falls area with the slogan, “No Nazis in our neighborhood.”

The fliers explained that Kuhn is a participant and prolific poster at neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer, “an avowedly neo-Nazi website around which local groups have been organizing to promote anti-Semitism, white supremacy and violence against LGBTQ communities.”

Kuhn says he’s not a racist, but that he traveled the nearly 500 miles from Honeoye Falls to Charlottesville to protest the removal of a Confederate monument to Gen. Robert E. Lee from Charlottesville’s Emancipation Park.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/my-l...fascist-group/

When he's saying that this woman's daughter was just as much to blame for her death as the man who rand her down, it's understandable.

Heather Heyer’s Mother Says She’s No Longer Interested in Speaking to Donald Trump

“I’m not talking to the president now, I’m sorry,” Susan Bro said on Good Morning America Friday morning. “After what he said about my child. And it’s not that I saw somebody else’s tweets about him. I saw an actual clip of him at a press conference equating the protesters, like Ms. Heyer, with the KKK and white supremacists.”

Speaking with immense composure, Bro explained that she received several calls from the White House during her daughter’s funeral on Wednesday. She told Robin Roberts that she didn’t initially return those calls due to time constraints. But after watching his remarks, Bro now said she has no intention of doing so.

“You can’t wash this one away by shaking my hand and saying I’m sorry,” she added. “I’m not forgiving for that.”

http://www.motherjones.com/media/201...-donald-trump/

And now, a message from God.

The first letter of each paragraph spells out RESIST.

All members of the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities have just resigned in protest over Trump's evident racism.

"I'm not racist, I just espouse racist views & support the veneration of traitorous, defeated racists."

C2E Long Term Contributor

Trump Tells Aides He Has Decided to Remove Stephen Bannon
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/u...ite-house.html
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Interesting development.

Once he discovered how much support he could get from white supremacists, he changed his tune.

Trump’s advocacy for Confederate monuments is a cynical ploy. Here’s proof.
    Trump's concern for statuary is a very recent development.

At the start of his presidential campaign, Trump had a completely different view. Asked whether the Confederate flag should be taken down from the South Carolina statehouse, Trump, in June 2015, said that it should. He suggested that it be placed in a museum instead. To those that were upset about the removal of a confederate symbol, he advised them to “get over it.”

Trump has changed his view only now that his purported concern for the monuments gives him a mechanism to support the aims of the Charlottesville rally without explicitly supporting white supremacists.

https://thinkprogress.org/trumps-adv...-d50522f57f30/

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Trump Tells Aides He Has Decided to Remove Stephen Bannon
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/u...ite-house.html
    Sure, now that he can connect with the alt-right, racists, Nazis and their ilk directly, he doesn't need Bannon to act as a go between.

"We condemn - in the strongest possible terms - this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America."
    - President Trump, August 14th, 2017
    https://youtu.be/3lZXOIb2o9o?t=51

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups who are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."
    https://youtu.be/3lZXOIb2o9o?t=100

"I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally."
    - President Trump, August 15th, 2017
    https://youtu.be/SvVkHIbU8N0?t=706
    Last edited by MrOilers; 18-08-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Sure, now that he can connect with the alt-right, racists, Nazis and their ilk directly, he doesn't need Bannon to act as a go between.
    I would wager it has more to do with his stance on North Korea than anything race-related. He's contradicted Cheeto Mussolini & stated there's no military solution to NK, in sharp contrast to the "Fire & Fury" Fuhrer himself.

C2E Posting Power

"We condemn - in the strongest possible terms - this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America."
    https://youtu.be/3lZXOIb2o9o?t=51

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups who are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."
    https://youtu.be/3lZXOIb2o9o?t=100

"I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally."
    - President Trump, August 15th, 2017
    https://youtu.be/SvVkHIbU8N0?t=706
    If that was consistently his stance, it would be sufficient proof that he doesn't support them. But his other actions and words overshadow any attempt he has made to distance himself from them.

Yeah, if he hadn't dialed it back the very next day and then retweeted racist memes, he'd actually have some credibility on the matter.

"Both sides are exactly the same"

Alt-right icon ‘Based Stickman’ faces a year in prison for beating counter-protesters with a baton

After becoming the “Based Stickman” meme for threatening anti-Trump protesters with a lead baton, alt-righter Kyle Chapman is facing serious jail time.

According to LawNewz, Chapman faces a felony charge that could carry a year of prison time related to a March 4 protest arrest in Berkeley, California. He was reportedly seen striking people with his lead baton — the weapon that got him in trouble in the first place.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/alt-...-with-a-baton/

Again "Both sides are exactly the same"

Yes, What About the “Alt-Left”?
    What the counter-protesters Trump despises were actually doing in Charlottesville last weekend.

Rev. Seth Wispelwey
    Directing minister of Restoration Village Arts and consulting organizer for Congregate C'ville

I am a pastor in Charlottesville, and antifa saved my life twice on Saturday. Indeed, they saved many lives from psychological and physical violence—I believe the body count could have been much worse, as hard as that is to believe. Thankfully, we had robust community defense standing up to white supremacist violence this past weekend. Incredibly brave students held space at the University of Virginia and stared down a torch-lit mob that vastly outnumbered them on Friday night. On Saturday, battalions of anti-fascist protesters came together on my city’s streets to thwart the tide of men carrying weapons, shields, and Trump flags and sporting MAGA hats and Hitler salutes and waving Nazi flags and the pro-slavery “stars and bars.”

Out of my faith calling, I feel led to pursue disciplined, nonviolent direct action and witness. I helped lead a group of clergy who were trained and committed to the same work: to hold space on the frontline of the park where the rally was to be held. And then some of us tried to take the steps to one of the entrances. God is not OK with white supremacy, and God is on the side of all those it tries to dehumanize. We feel a responsibility to visibly, bodily show our solidarity with the oppressed and marginalized.

A phalanx of neo-Nazis shoved right through our human wall with 3-foot-wide wooden shields, screaming and spitting homophobic slurs and obscenities at us. It was then that antifa stepped in to thwart them. They have their tools to achieve their purposes, and they are not ones I will personally use, but let me stress that our purposes were the same: block this violent tide and do not let it take the pedestal.

The white supremacists did not blink at violently plowing right through clergy, all of us dressed in full clerical garb. White supremacy is violence. I didn’t see any racial justice protesters with weapons; as for antifa, anything they brought I would only categorize as community defense tools and nothing more. Pretty much everyone I talk to agrees—including most clergy. My strong stance is that the weapon is and was white supremacy, and the white supremacists intentionally brought weapons to instigate violence.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ttesville.html

C2E Posting Power

^They have their narrative decided already, they aren't gonna read that.

So the Whitehouse seems to have a higher turnover than a McDonald's next to a high school. This would be surprising, but Trump did say he was going to run the WH like one of his businesses.

"Both sides are the same".

Notice that he say "WE killed six million Jews", not they killed. He doesn't see himself a neo-Nazi but rather as a continuation of the same group.

KKK leader threatens life of Afro-Latina journalist during interview

After watching Barker conduct a ceremony with his fellow KKK members dressed in robes and yielding torches, she sat down with the leader and his wife for an interview. Things escalated quickly as Barker questioned why the journalist didn’t “go back” to the country she was born in. “We have nothing here in America; ya’ll keep flooding it,” he said. “But like God says – like Yahweh himself says – we will chase you out of here.”

Barker continued to say that he and his fellow white supremacists would “burn out” all of the immigrants in the country. After Calderón questioned exactly how that could happen, he responded saying, “We killed 6 million Jews the last time. Eleven million is nothing.”

http://www.salon.com/2017/08/18/chri...ron-univision/

C2E Long Term Contributor

And the hits keep on coming
    President's arts advisers resign over Trump's Charlottesville response

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment...igns-1.4252849

Members of the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities resigned Friday over U.S. President Donald Trump's response to the violent unrest in Charlottesville, Virginia.

"Supremacy, discrimination and vitriol are not American values. Your values are not American values," the members wrote in their resignation letter dated Friday.

"If this is not clear to you, then we call on you to resign your office, too."
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post

So the Whitehouse seems to have a higher turnover than a McDonald's next to a high school. This would be surprising, but Trump did say he was going to run the WH like one of his businesses.
    And Bannon just got canned - I did Nazi that coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    And the hits keep on coming
    President's arts advisers resign over Trump's Charlottesville response

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment...igns-1.4252849

Members of the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities resigned Friday over U.S. President Donald Trump's response to the violent unrest in Charlottesville, Virginia.

"Supremacy, discrimination and vitriol are not American values. Your values are not American values," the members wrote in their resignation letter dated Friday.

"If this is not clear to you, then we call on you to resign your office, too."
    They included a hidden message. The first letter of each paragraph spells out RESIST.

Barker continued to say that he and his fellow white supremacists would “burn out” all of the immigrants in the country. After Calderón questioned exactly how that could happen, he responded saying, “We killed 6 million Jews the last time. Eleven million is nothing.”
    Guess my "hope" for a more evolved and gentler KKK just went down the tubes, can he be any clearer as to what their aims are?

So does anyone here want to continue to believe this was merely about having historical monuments?
    Last edited by norwoodguy; 18-08-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post

And Bannon just got canned - I did Nazi that coming!
    Best zinger of the week! And what a week it was!

I think we were all expecting Trump to do the Reich thing this week.
    Last edited by noodle; 18-08-2017 at 04:22 PM. Reason: This was my 6666th post!

The alt-left vs ISIS:

This is why people are so distraught with you. You are a flame baiting troll.

Please stop posting. You are revealing yourself that is appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodguy View Post
    So does anyone here want to continue to believe this was merely about having historical monuments?
    They're not so much monuments as participation trophies that racist white folks in the South gave themselves to feel better (and make black folk feel worse) during periods of time when they were expanding the civil rights of black people. It was never about the true history whatsoever.

They're not so much monuments as participation trophies that racist white folks in the South gave themselves to feel better (and make black folk feel worse) during periods of time when they were expanding the civil rights of black people. It was never about the true history whatsoever.
    Absolutely, it is also about intimidation. Which is why I pointed that out that most monuments were built during the resurgence of the KKK in the 20s, 30s and the implementation of the Jim Crow laws.

This is why people are so distraught with you. You are a flame baiting troll.

Please stop posting. You are revealing yourself that is appalling.
    Where was the picture of the neo Nazi guy driving his car into the crowd?

Posted unresized on purpose.

"Good people on both sides" - Donald Trump

Meanwhile, a very interesting story about why there is a statue of Abraham Lincoln in Manchester, UK. This is what standing up for what's right is about.

Lincoln's great debt to Manchester
    In 1863, The US President wrote to the 'working men of Manchester' thanking them for their anti-slavery stance

On the other side of the Atlantic, President Lincoln's Northern Union was waging war against a breakaway of southern states. Having already linked the south with the institution of slavery, Lincoln persuaded European importers that his blockade of slave picked cotton was a legitimate tool in defeating the Confederacy and restoring the union.

A year into the civil war, the effects of the cotton embargo really began to bite. Lancashire, which had imported three quarters of all cotton grown on southern plantations (1.3 billion lbs), found that 60% of it spindles and looms lay idle, leaving many out of work, thanks mainly to the blockade.

Whilst the British government loosely supported Lincoln, many mill and shipping companies wanted the Royal Navy to smash the blockade, allowing the precious cotton back into Europe. In Liverpool, a city made wealthy by cotton imports, it was said that there were more Confederate flags flying along the banks of the Mersey than in Virginia.

With the 'cotton famine' now taking a firm grip even the Manchester Guardian instructed the mill hands that they were better off dropping their support for the embargo. However, at a noisy meeting at the Manchester Free Trade Hall in 1862, in a historic show of solidarity against slavery, the workers agreed to keep supporting Lincoln's embargo.

https://www.theguardian.com/theguard...cotton-abraham

C2E Posting Power

^^ It is very lucky more people didn't die from that.

But look at them just standing there with their Black Lives Matters flags, LGBQT flags, and hateful anti Nazi flags. What were they expecting to happen?

This is why people are so distraught with you.

They are?

Lately it's difficult to tell since anyone who doesn't participate in the alt-left echo chamber receives this response:

It is very lucky more people didn't die from that.
    No kidding. The terrorist driver of that car deserves to be buried UNDER the prison.

Steve Bannon checks in:

"If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents -- on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America.”

https://twitter.com/joshuagreen/stat...55709256142848

Absolutely, it is also about intimidation. Which is why I pointed that out that most monuments were built during the resurgence of the KKK in the 20s, 30s and the implementation of the Jim Crow laws.
    They're not so much monuments as participation trophies that racist white folks in the South gave themselves to feel better...

Yeah a 150 years of butt hurt confederate snowflakes and they have console themselves by decrying that the other side is whining about losing the election.

The reality is smart people saw Trump for what he is and every day he reveals his putrid guts.

Making the retention of a few samples useful educational tools.

In museums...

Then you can educate people.

Steve Bannon checks in:

"If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents -- on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America.”

https://twitter.com/joshuagreen/stat...55709256142848
    Must be getting a golden handshake.

"going to war for Trump" Hmm I wonder if that could be interpreted as: willing to commit treason against America...

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast