Thread: Komodo dragons arrive at Edmonton Valley Zoo

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Komodo dragons arrive at Edmonton Valley Zoo

Finally a reason for me to visit the Zoo

Flesh-ripping Komodo dragons arrive at Edmonton Valley Zoo
    http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...t-edmonton-zoo

Edmonton has its first dragons. Four-year-old female Komodo dragons Ophelia and Saphira arrived at the Valley Zoo last week and are now on display for visitors. The venomous lizards are on loan from the Calgary Zoo until permits to send them to Memphis, Tenn., for a breeding program are complete. Their previous enclosure in Calgary is being converted for a new exhibit.

“These animals are quite rare,” Wade Krasnow, the zoo’s animal care team lead, said Wednesday. “They’re actually considered vulnerable and so for us to be able to hold them is an honour and it helps us improve our standing within the worldwide zoo community.”
    The zoo will hold carcass feedings every other Sunday at 10:30 a.m., beginning this weekend. Visitors are welcome to watch.
    The pair will be in Edmonton until at least October and possibly longer.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I'd rather C2E than work!

That's very cool.
    I love this....The zoo will hold carcass feedings every other Sunday at 10:30 a.m., beginning this weekend. Visitors are welcome to watch...lol!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Top_Dawg spotted a couple of these STD factories perched on bar stools at the CHOP steakhouse bar a few days ago.

Needless to say, he quickly poked back his beer and got the *** outta there before they started working on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Finally a reason for me to visit the Zoo

Flesh-ripping Komodo dragons arrive at Edmonton Valley Zoo
    http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...t-edmonton-zoo

Edmonton has its first dragons. Four-year-old female Komodo dragons Ophelia and Saphira arrived at the Valley Zoo last week and are now on display for visitors. The venomous lizards are on loan from the Calgary Zoo until permits to send them to Memphis, Tenn., for a breeding program are complete. Their previous enclosure in Calgary is being converted for a new exhibit.

“These animals are quite rare,” Wade Krasnow, the zoo’s animal care team lead, said Wednesday. “They’re actually considered vulnerable and so for us to be able to hold them is an honour and it helps us improve our standing within the worldwide zoo community.”
    The zoo will hold carcass feedings every other Sunday at 10:30 a.m., beginning this weekend. Visitors are welcome to watch.
    The pair will be in Edmonton until at least October and possibly longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Top_Dawg spotted a couple of these STD factories perched on bar stools at the CHOP steakhouse bar a few days ago.

Needless to say, he quickly poked back his beer and got the *** outta there before they started working on him.
    Sounds like you had a fear that dragons love to feast on meat lightly marinated with beer. "Flesh ripping ". Hmm. Were they smiling at you while sporting braces?

I guess you didn't realize this at the time: "“These animals are quite rare,” Wade Krasnow, the zoo’s animal care team lead, said Wednesday. “They’re actually considered vulnerable and so for us to be able to hold them is an honour ..."
    Last edited by KC; 13-07-2017 at 08:08 AM.