Results 1 to 40 of 40

Thread: Piccolino Bistro | Closed

  1. #1
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    30,541

    Default Piccolino Bistro | Closed

    https://www.facebook.com/piccolinobistro/
    Piccolino Bistro will be closing it's doors on July 15th, 2017. We would like to thank all of our amazing guests who have become family over the past 16 years! It's been a great ride!
    So last night was Piccolino's curtain call. Sad but not surprised. It used to be one of the best Italian restaurants in the city but other Italian places have surpassed it since then.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  2. #2
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    10,251

    Default

    I'm sure that the horrific food inspection and closure awhile back pretty much guaranteed they weren't going to survive.

  3. #3
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Really ?

    That's hilarious.

    Isn't that where all the high fallutin' cornholios from Glenora stuffed their yaps with pasta funghi ?

  4. #4
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    10,251

    Default

    Given the high level of income in those neighborhoods (Laurier, Crestwood, Parkview, Glenora), and the lack of pretty much any other dining options other than Allegro and Delux (which are both fairly small), even a mediocre restaurant there should be wildly successful. Which is basically what Piccolino was.

    http://globalnews.ca/news/2974942/co...-edmonton-ahs/

  5. #5
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    3,961

    Default



    Top_Dawg thanks you for the link Marcel.

    The news report also has a link to ' 5 things a Canadian food safety expert will never eat ' .

    Good read.

    Top_Dawg has to laugh.

    He mentions sashimi and raw sushi.

    Top_Dawg has known that forever.

    And yet, the sushi craze in North America is still going strong.

    Top_Dawg doesn't get it.

    The stuff tastes like *****.

    And it's risky.

    But,



    go figure.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post


    Top_Dawg thanks you for the link Marcel.

    The news report also has a link to ' 5 things a Canadian food safety expert will never eat ' .

    Good read.

    Top_Dawg has to laugh.

    He mentions sashimi and raw sushi.

    Top_Dawg has known that forever.

    And yet, the sushi craze in North America is still going strong.

    Top_Dawg doesn't get it.

    The stuff tastes like *****.

    And it's risky.

    But,



    go figure.
    Its basically idiocy defined. Give people a chance and they'll consume stuff that can kill them because like lemming, they heard its trendy or good or something..

    Even the source article includes outright denial. A food place has been shut down, has had countless infractions, has had countless publicized infractions..."I'll eat there anyway" lmfao.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  7. #7

    Default

    Even back in like 2005 when Edmonton was void of almost any good food and people hyped Piccolino's as the hottest shite in town, I thought it was crap, in a crap room, with crappy service. It got way more hype than it ever deserved.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

  8. #8
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Westmount
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    ^Went there a couple times around that timeframe and wasn't especially impressed, either. Not that it was bad; just forgettable. Marcel is right about a dearth of options in those neighborhoods.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

  9. #9

    Default

    On the pasta front, I took the mum to Tiramisu on Saturday for lunch, and took the lady to SPK for dinner. Both very good, though I'm floored that a plate of pasta is now $25 in this city. What was traditionally poor people peasant food in Italy has somehow become overpriced haute cuisine here. And the recommended tip at SPK started at 20%. Nuh uh, ain't happening boss.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

  10. #10
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    3,961

    Default



    Yeah, Top_Dawg noticed that as well.

    Pasta at Royal Pizza is still priced right.

    Although their pizza isn't.

    Another one that makes Top_Dawg laugh is the $8 bowl of soup that sprung up seemingly everywhere lately.

    Must be some soup.

  11. #11

    Default

    Heh, is the pasta at Royal edible though? I'm picturing the boil-in-bag flavourless slurry one would get at Boston Pizza.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post


    Yeah, Top_Dawg noticed that as well.

    Pasta at Royal Pizza is still priced right.

    Although their pizza isn't.

    Another one that makes Top_Dawg laugh is the $8 bowl of soup that sprung up seemingly everywhere lately.

    Must be some soup.
    Call it Pho and you can charge anything. For basically weak broth, pack of noodles(oh wait that's ramen noodles, another stupid craze) and whatever fell off the chopping board. Talk about a silly trend. This not even being soup to those that know of the timestaking hearty soups but more just stuff thrown together and doused in weak salty broth or whatever. Its just garbage drowned in broth and people consume gallons of it.

    Somebody agrees with me;

    nsfw citation

    https://carbonatoms.wordpress.com/20...ere-i-said-it/

    https://carbonatoms.wordpress.com/20...ere-i-said-it/
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post


    Yeah, Top_Dawg noticed that as well.

    Pasta at Royal Pizza is still priced right.

    Although their pizza isn't.

    Another one that makes Top_Dawg laugh is the $8 bowl of soup that sprung up seemingly everywhere lately.

    Must be some soup.
    Call it Pho and you can charge anything. For basically weak broth, pack of noodles(oh wait that's ramen noodles, another stupid craze) and whatever fell off the chopping board. Talk about a silly trend. This not even being soup to those that know of the timestaking hearty soups but more just stuff thrown together and doused in weak salty broth or whatever. Its just garbage drowned in broth and people consume gallons of it.

    Somebody agrees with me;

    nsfw citation

    https://carbonatoms.wordpress.com/20...ere-i-said-it/

    https://carbonatoms.wordpress.com/20...ere-i-said-it/
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Its basically idiocy defined.
    Comments like that are "idiocy defined."

    The Japanese, and any coastal dwellers and the Inuit and many other cultures have been eating raw fish for centuries. That you need to separate yourself from the "lemmings" as some kind of virtue signaling exercise does not mean you know more than they do.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Its basically idiocy defined.
    Comments like that are "idiocy defined."

    The Japanese, and any coastal dwellers and the Inuit and many other cultures have been eating raw fish for centuries. That you need to separate yourself from the "lemmings" as some kind of virtue signaling exercise does not mean you know more than they do.
    Are we coastal dwellars?

    In the case of the inuit think about it a moment. I'm sure you can. What option did they have other than to eat their food raw? Cook it over a fire of what? lmfao. Next, please realize they eat the raw fish fairly immediately and before bacteria has a chance to spread and that the rest is frozen which they also gnaw on, which also precludes any bacterial spread.

    Japan, similar, a sea locked island nation with coast and fresh fish all around it that is eaten quickly...hmmm

    Contrast with a landlocked City far off into the prairies a thousand miles from the ocean who's definition of fresh fish is days old.

    So the comment is about prairie people eating sushi of all things. It isn't very sensible HERE. Because the raw fish is susceptible to bacterial spread in transit time here.

    I know you can fathom that the comment was made on C2E in context of eating raw fish HERE.

    This is Edmonton. An abundance of gas, an abundance of fossil fuels, an abundance of wood, an abundance of coal, why on Earth would people need to be eating fish, or any meat raw, here. Next, why would they want to?

    Let me know if any of this is somehow unclear.
    Last edited by Replacement; 17-07-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  16. #16
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    3,961

    Default



    Top_Dawg thanks you for the links Repo.

    Hilarious.

    This is classic:

    The worst of it is that the "Fish" part of the "Sour Fish Soup" was a tail. A ******* tail. A tail, man! A TAIL! And it wasn't scaled very well, so I could see the scales on some of it. And it had that terrifying silvery look which very bad, "You Will Spend The Next Week Shitting Blood" fish has. And it wasn't boned, so there were BONES in my sonofabitching FISH TAIL. And little bits of GELATINOUS FISH FAT were floating around. It was so goddamn GROSS!

  17. #17

    Default

    A bowl of pho is like $10 and comes in a massive bowl full of good stuff, provided you go to a decent joint. Pretty fair price to me.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

  18. #18
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ozerna, North Edmonton
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    Century Hospitality Group takes over Piccolino restaurant space

    Liane Faulder Liane Faulder

    Fans of Piccolino Bistro, for more than 15 years a west-end staple, were sad when the restaurant shuttered a few days ago. But already, a new concept is underway, care of Century Hospitality Group, that will see the space relaunch come fall.

    According to an e-mail from CHG owner Chris Lachance, the buffed-up eatery will provide “an elevated and innovative experience to what people think of when they think of a neighbourhood restaurant and bar.”

    “We’re daring to be different with this one and pretty excited about the property,” says Lachance.

    Former Piccolino Bistro co-owner, Lino Rago, is joining CHG as a managing partner with this move, says Lachance.

    “Lino is a very gracious host and an outstanding personality well known to the community, and this coupled with our reputation/history/operational skills made it just too good of an opportunity to pass up,” says Lachance.

    Founded in 1999, Century Hospitality Group owns three Delux Burger Bars, as well as downtown’s Lux Steakhouse and Parlour Italian Kitchen, plus Hart’s Table in Terwillegar and MKT on the city’s south side.
    http://edmontonjournal.com/life/food...staurant-space

  19. #19
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    10,251

    Default

    hmm, so I'll still have to try to duck out when Lino's not looking to avoid receiving an over enthusiastic man hug from a stranger.

  20. #20
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    No way.



    So awkward.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    A bowl of pho is like $10 and comes in a massive bowl full of good stuff, provided you go to a decent joint. Pretty fair price to me.
    Cite a decent joint and the 1-2 dollars of ingredients that would go into such a bowl. Also one that doesn't have the most putrid of flavorless broths imaginable.

    Used to be able to get decent bowls of hot and sour soup with lots of ingredients. That has all but been swallowed up in this city with the bland Pho found everywhere.

    Like the article I cited I've never had what I would describe as a good bowl of Pho. Not that I've been going out of my way looking for such tired fare.

    Nor have I ever seen any incarnation where the ingredients in the bowl are any more than just plunked in.


    I'm a slow food lover saying this. Theres virtually nothing that goes into a bowl of Pho that I can respect as a foody.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    Century Hospitality Group takes over Piccolino restaurant space

    Liane Faulder Liane Faulder

    Fans of Piccolino Bistro, for more than 15 years a west-end staple, were sad when the restaurant shuttered a few days ago. But already, a new concept is underway, care of Century Hospitality Group, that will see the space relaunch come fall.

    According to an e-mail from CHG owner Chris Lachance, the buffed-up eatery will provide “an elevated and innovative experience to what people think of when they think of a neighbourhood restaurant and bar.”

    “We’re daring to be different with this one and pretty excited about the property,” says Lachance.

    Former Piccolino Bistro co-owner, Lino Rago, is joining CHG as a managing partner with this move, says Lachance.

    “Lino is a very gracious host and an outstanding personality well known to the community, and this coupled with our reputation/history/operational skills made it just too good of an opportunity to pass up,” says Lachance.

    Founded in 1999, Century Hospitality Group owns three Delux Burger Bars, as well as downtown’s Lux Steakhouse and Parlour Italian Kitchen, plus Hart’s Table in Terwillegar and MKT on the city’s south side.
    http://edmontonjournal.com/life/food...staurant-space
    They're excited about a property that has had ongoing cockroach, mice, vole, and pest problems. With cockroach eggs often being hard to get at, mouse and vole poop often being hard to get at. Such infestations are rarely entirely eradicated. Why not just bulldoze the place?

    "Excited about the property" Isn't something I would naturally stated about a place that was closed down due to numerous and ongoing infractions and should probably be condemned for use as an eatery.
    Last edited by Replacement; 18-07-2017 at 01:54 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  23. #23
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    3,961

    Default



    Yeah, that was Top_Dawg's initial reaction.

    Also, one has to keep in mind that there is a IGA Garden Market in the same complex as Piccolino's.

    Very close proximity.

    Grocery stores are extreme magnets for mice.

    Maybe even where the infestation started.

    It will be a real challenge to eradicate completely.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Let me know if any of this is somehow unclear.
    Your infatuation with the noises in your head, and your need to share them with us, is crystal clear.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Let me know if any of this is somehow unclear.
    Your infatuation with the noises in your head, and your need to share them with us, is crystal clear.
    Haha, that describes the passion of almost anybody who writes in their spare time, or otherwise.

    In the interwebs age, we're all pundits, for better or worse..
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  26. #26

    Default

    Dining is very subjective. I like a lot of places, you obviously don't. That's cool, and I'm happy leaving it at that.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

  27. #27
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    10,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement
    They're excited about a property that has had ongoing cockroach, mice, vole, and pest problems. With cockroach eggs often being hard to get at, mouse and vole poop often being hard to get at. Such infestations are rarely entirely eradicated. Why not just bulldoze the place?


    Because they don't own it, and it's part of a larger strip mall complex. Your habit of commenting definitively on things you don't seem to know much about continues, I see.

  28. #28

    Default

    Hmm. I know a few individuals that either work in food inspections or who are contracted to clean out some of these cesspools. I could share a ton of stories about some of the local haunts here. Your habit of dutifully correcting the internet continues, I see.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  29. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Dining is very subjective. I like a lot of places, you obviously don't. That's cool, and I'm happy leaving it at that.
    I like a lot of places. Just not trendy stupid places based on the latest fads.

    For some reason with Italian having had some kind of resurrection over the last decade or two. Mostly these are greasy establishments, mostly pasta and cheese and hardly anything else on the dish, and I'm a vegetable fan so not much for me in those kind of places.

    I've been at that strip mall. I've seen the restaurant. Looked unimpressive to me. As does the menu, or the online reviews. Pasta though isn't my thing, I'm celiac.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  30. #30

    Default

    All good, one less person in line to get in the way.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

  31. #31
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    30,541

    Default

    Rebel is now open in the former Piccolino
    http://edmontonjournal.com/life/food...food-and-drink
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  32. #32

    Default

    Faulders review is odd at best.

    Served basically a lame piece of cake with lots of icing, sparkles, and adorned with breakfast cereal and she goes off like it was orgasmic. In the age of going extinct columnists and journalists I wonder what tight expectations there are to make sure every review is startingly and mind numbingly positive.

    "Colorful sparkles and breakfast cereal" reminded her of being a kid. She should check out Saturday at the Garneau. right up her alley.

    The review is about as stupid as the things like the cookie dough craze. Food is so subjective, I realize, but is that cake such inspiration to be the focal point of a review? I'm left wondering how dismal the rest of the food was.

    But the boxed breakfast cereal is exquisite. Oh and look they put a sparkler on. This breakfast cereal, uhh cake, "was the hilite of the night, it hit it right out of the park" Welcome to restaurant reviews idiocracy style.

    Did they sing her happy birthday wearing moose or Cheese heads?
    Last edited by Replacement; 22-12-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  33. #33
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    11,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Faulders review is odd at best.

    Served basically a lame piece of cake with lots of icing, sparkles, and adorned with breakfast cereal and she goes off like it was orgasmic. In the age of going extinct columnists and journalists I wonder what tight expectations there are to make sure every review is startingly and mind numbingly positive.

    "Colorful sparkles and breakfast cereal" reminded her of being a kid. She should check out Saturday at the Garneau. right up her alley.

    The review is about as stupid as the things like the cookie dough craze. Food is so subjective, I realize, but is that cake such inspiration to be the focal point of a review? I'm left wondering how dismal the rest of the food was.

    But the boxed breakfast cereal is exquisite. Oh and look they put a sparkler on. This breakfast cereal, uhh cake, "was the hilite of the night, it hit it right out of the park" Welcome to restaurant reviews idiocracy style.

    Did they sing her happy birthday wearing moose or Cheese heads?
    i see you have once again confirmed that you apparently have no sense of humour or childhood wonder left in your life...

    or perhaps you missed the early "I will leave an extensive review to those Journal writers so tasked"?

    or perhaps both?

    in any case, i wish chris the best of luck with rebel. he has consistently gone where others would not in location, theme and menu and i hope rebel is as successful overall as his confetti cake was with liane.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Faulders review is odd at best.

    Served basically a lame piece of cake with lots of icing, sparkles, and adorned with breakfast cereal and she goes off like it was orgasmic. In the age of going extinct columnists and journalists I wonder what tight expectations there are to make sure every review is startingly and mind numbingly positive.

    "Colorful sparkles and breakfast cereal" reminded her of being a kid. She should check out Saturday at the Garneau. right up her alley.

    The review is about as stupid as the things like the cookie dough craze. Food is so subjective, I realize, but is that cake such inspiration to be the focal point of a review? I'm left wondering how dismal the rest of the food was.

    But the boxed breakfast cereal is exquisite. Oh and look they put a sparkler on. This breakfast cereal, uhh cake, "was the hilite of the night, it hit it right out of the park" Welcome to restaurant reviews idiocracy style.

    Did they sing her happy birthday wearing moose or Cheese heads?
    i see you have once again confirmed that you apparently have no sense of humour or childhood wonder left in your life...

    or perhaps you missed the early "I will leave an extensive review to those Journal writers so tasked"?

    or perhaps both?

    in any case, i wish chris the best of luck with rebel. he has consistently gone where others would not in location, theme and menu and i hope rebel is as successful overall as his confetti cake was with liane.
    Wait, I missed where the one FOOD/entertainment journalist still paid locally to write reviews, you know, about food or entertainment isn't "tasked" with writing an actual topical review.

    I missed the sense of humor in the article, maybe you could point it out for me while you're lecturing me on my sarcastic take. I did see her reference to another review. She didn't link it as of when I read the piece. Being that her own article was extensive not sure why she didn't just talk about her meal instead of herself.

    The cake doesn't capture my childhood wonder, thanks, maybe if it was a splendid Black Forest gateaux literally dripping with a cherry brandy. That would do it..

    At least that is if I had happy childhood memories and reimagined what was instead relentless physical abuse. Childhood wonder to me was getting away. To anywhere else that was better. To even have to plan and sense when it was dangerous to be at home due a parent with profound mental health problems and the other an uncaring alcoholic.

    Her story about her and her siblings cutting up their PJ's wasn't all that funny to me. In my home of origin our parent would literally have killed us for doing something like that.

    But you can chide me on lacking having experienced such happy childhood memories in the first place. Not everybody had them at home.
    Last edited by Replacement; 22-12-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  35. #35

    Default

    And so, should we not show more tolerance of ignorant comments both ways?

    Those that had some happy childhood experiences should understand that their experiences weren’t universal, and similarly those who had unhappy childhood experiences should understand that their experiences also weren’t universal. Moreover, it’s a pure crap shoot trying to guess and appease every possible sensitivity out there, so it may just be better to let someone express themselves and if it ‘offends’ well, that’s not really their problem, is it?

  36. #36

    Default

    ^Not sure who this is addressed to or if you're cutting it half way.

    My own take is Lianne Faulder is a privileged journalist getting paid her whole life to eat or be entertained for free, on dying journalistic dime. So that the one thing I would want or expect from her is at least writing some kind of meaningful detail, and not mere self indulgence, in what is actually a paid profession and a paid column.

    I'm not sure that the article wasn't more about her, her Aunt Dorie, her favorite cake, ribbon, and sparklers, and shiny happy moments with siblings, and not really a proper review of a restaurant, which was her paid assignment and thus my warranted criticism of a very errant review. Yes I'm being intentionally sarcastic.

    That a vacant columnist like this has lasted so long in the cull where far better have been cut and that whats left is entitled dreck like this is somewhat harder to stomach.

    Now myself, on the other hand can write **** I'm not getting paid for and people can read, not read, or dismiss as they like. But I'll probably rebut.

    But I do dispute any seemed reference of equal footing. Lianne is being lifelong paid to write something relevant to TOPIC, not her own life. If she wants autobiography that's a different soapbox..I wouldn't make the mistake of reading that drivel.
    Last edited by Replacement; 22-12-2017 at 07:52 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  37. #37

    Default

    That’s your opinion. I don’t think it would sell. Her’s apparently does. The proof is in the pudding it seems.

    Moreover these days it seems reporting is all about entertainment. Remember CNN’s Cross-Fire. They’d pit two people against each other and then turn some sound bite into a news headline on the following news broadcast. Efficient but essentially manufacturing news. Now it’s a person or panel that just argues and debates and spews opinions and that’s presented as news coverage.

    The market has changed and people want entertainment more than more information. That’s what sells. Just like Ann Landers and Dear Abby did for decades.

    Presenting analytical research, quantifiable information, well reasoned thought, fully contextually correct quotations will just get your *** fired out the door as you kill the business.
    Last edited by KC; 22-12-2017 at 08:23 PM.

  38. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    That’s your opinion. I don’t think it would sell. Her’s apparently does. The proof is in the pudding it seems.
    Um, the proof is in journalists like Faulder being an increasingly dying species as few care to read their mindless pablum or even care what their opinion is. I wouldn't even have seen it had I not seen it linked here.

    Whats left of the Journal isn't worth paper for puppy training. I can use free flyers to fill any of that need.

    Print journalism is irrelevant today and perhaps deservedly so. The proof is in that pudding. But that one has rum in it so its better..

    edit to edit.

    Well print journalism isn't really working either way is it?

    I'll add that postmedia, and particularly the journal seem to have little idea what remaining subscribers would even want, or not want in a Journal. I think a strong argument could be made for "flailing away blindly" than postmedia knowing what people want to see in print journalism. I wouldn't think they know what their customers want anymore than Sears would. Thus there being no proof in pudding. It seems the pudding has gone rancid.
    Last edited by Replacement; 22-12-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  39. #39
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    10,251

    Default

    So we're up to, what, ~823 words now complaining about a quick blog update on a new restaurant opening? You need better hobbies.

  40. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    So we're up to, what, ~823 words now complaining about a quick blog update on a new restaurant opening? You need better hobbies.
    haha, for sure I do. But the good news is I've taken up snowshoeing again, working out more, and getting outside a lot even in these temps. For me its like eating snickers bars doing that I pretty much love winter.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •