Thread: New Users, you must accept the verification email.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Default New Users, you must accept the verification email.

All,

I've received a couple PM requests from potential new users who wish for me to bypass the email verification step.

This will not happen. You must verify your email address.

Thank you.
    Ow

I'd rather C2E than work!

Are you having a ton of fake registrations popping up lately? A forum I run had 20 spammers register in an hour, so I turned off new user registrations. So frustrating.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

are the trump bots now trying to infiltrate these forums too? I thought MrOilers and Half-Life were enough already.

We don't need anymore lefty always right types, above answering an email. So good!

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    Are you having a ton of fake registrations popping up lately? A forum I run had 20 spammers register in an hour, so I turned off new user registrations. So frustrating.

Not a ton, but a few. Mainly Chinese and Indian IP's.

I have a multi step process for new users, and yes it is extremely frustrating, but it is better than the spam hell of a couple of years ago.
    Ow

I hear ya. I check all the IP addresses of the people registering on my forum to see if it matches where they say they're from. If it's way off, I just delete or ban them, and if it's a little bit off I just put them into a moderated class so they can't just post whatever to the forum.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    are the trump bots now trying to infiltrate these forums too? I thought MrOilers and Half-Life were enough already.
    Ya Trump's right in bed with the Indians and communist Chinese...can't call him racist ☺