Thread: Katz Group vs bicycles locked to posts

Default Katz Group vs bicycles locked to posts

Last edited by champking; 22-07-2017 at 12:41 PM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Omg it's bikes!!! Something has to be done, and fast!!! LOL

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Not cool. First, the city has a known shortage of bike racks and the city does not outlaw using benches or lamp posts to secure a bike if there are no bike racks available. Then they went after people who found legitimate alternatives claiming the bikes are locked to private property owned by the Katz Group. They took pictures and threatened to remove and confiscate reoffending bikes. Sorry, but the sidewalk and street lamp posts are public property. Their private "public" square they can over police is years away from opening for public use. What a bunch of dumbasses. It doesn't take much of an education or intelligence even to see how this was going to look to the public who pretty much gave them a machine to print money. So many blatant stupid mistakes it's actually funny. They look so stupid for this I don't even know what else to say.

Oh the city will fork over more money for bike racks, no worries!

Mayor Mc Bikelane is on the case
    Go ahead, speed pass me... I'll meet you at the next red light.

Mall cops and over zealous security brown shirts who have nothing better to do than try to enforce their power on their domain.

These security people need some education on being nice.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    Mayor Mc Bikelane is on the case
    Absolutely!

Looking in to these bike racks , I became hugely fascinated in the different designs. The city could really have fun with it . I was thinking one that says #YEG or could do shapes of oil droplets at Katz tower. Even business logos, ..

What's wrong with a normal bike rack? We don't need no stinking $65,000 artsy bike rack.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by champking View Post
    Looking in to these bike racks , I became hugely fascinated in the different designs. The city could really have fun with it . I was thinking one that says #YEG or could do shapes of oil droplets at Katz tower. Even business logos, ..
    One of these fancy things here and there is fantastic, for example at NAIT LRT station there are some cool ones if I recall, but these are special case one here and one there type things... you simply can't make all bike racks that fancy or it becomes uneconomical. There are some really nice standardized bike racks available and the recent styles the city chose are nice enough for 99% of the bike racks used around the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    What's wrong with a normal bike rack? We don't need no stinking $65,000 artsy bike rack.
    One here or there is nice, something visually interesting to look at depending on the design. But agreed, the vast majority should be the standard city used style/design bike rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Complete bike stall with instalation of anchors , grouting . I'll do it for $500 a post. So eg. #YEG. $2000

As long as they are not made from South Korean steel with HUGE connecting plates to bolt the bike racks together...

Will use Alberta steel . right here in town.

Will use Alberta steel . right here in town.
    ��

Complete bike stall with instalation of anchors , grouting . I'll do it for $500 a post. So eg. #YEG. $2000

We've got the best people. Don't we, folks?

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Thread title changed. Katz Group didn't steal bicycles.
    Ow

Katz group threaten to steal bicycles

chumpking getting things wrong again? Not shocking at all. I'm surprised Ricky can even read.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    chumpking getting things wrong again? Not shocking at all. I'm surprised Ricky can even read.
    The Katz groups intent is steal these people's bicycles , read the notices . Unless it was some hoaxter who put them there , this a very serious issue .

Look, I get that you have an illogical boner of hate for successful people in this city (and further) like Katz that you constantly feel the need to shove that boner in everyone's face at all possible opportunities, which does come across clear in all your posts and threads (Bravo? and Yay You!!!), but this wasn't the case of 'wanting to steal bikes'. It was a misunderstanding, and an overstep by the Katz group. They thought the bikes were locked to (their) private property (incorrect, it was locked to public property), and they threatened to remove the bikes from (what they thought) was their private property. If I started parking my car on your private property without your explicit permission, I'm sure you would want it removed too, and you would likely just have it removed, without even leaving a note.

Yes, it was a mistake. Yes, it looks bad. Yes, the Katz group was in the wrong about what is their private property and what is not...But then you have you. You took the opportunity to attempt to twist this story in to Katz Group is stealing bikes. Way to go you. Not that I would expect anything more civilized from your boner of hate of successful people and the near constant hate of the city of Edmonton.

Does the Katz team really need to be so overbearing that they concoct a contrived warning letter with zero authorization, zero legitimacy to give a warning to a bike parked on City property?

Maybe Katz missed the memo on a downtown for everyone, inclusivity, DT Bike networks and all that.

I'm not aware of one other business in the City that would take such a mercenary attitude to something as trivial as a bike being parked.

The optics of this is quite incredibly given how much the City, through its Citizens, granted Katz for the new arena. This is the type of thank you. Lording over his Edmonton Tower and surrounding.

"Can't have this bicycle here, who let this riff raff in?"
    Last edited by Replacement; 24-07-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Look, I get that you have an illogical boner of hate for successful people in this city (and further) like Katz that you constantly feel the need to shove that boner in everyone's face at all possible opportunities, which does come across clear in all your posts and threads (Bravo? and Yay You!!!), but this wasn't the case of 'wanting to steal bikes'. It was a misunderstanding, and an overstep by the Katz group. They thought the bikes were locked to (their) private property (incorrect, it was locked to public property), and they threatened to remove the bikes from (what they thought) was their private property. If I started parking my car on your private property without your explicit permission, I'm sure you would want it removed too, and you would likely just have it removed, without even leaving a note.

Yes, it was a mistake. Yes, it looks bad. Yes, the Katz group was in the wrong about what is their private property and what is not...But then you have you. You took the opportunity to attempt to twist this story in to Katz Group is stealing bikes. Way to go you. Not that I would expect anything more civilized from your boner of hate of successful people and the near constant hate of the city of Edmonton.
    There no such evidence to suggest this was a simple mistake , who gave the order ?

The only evidence we have was the note left on the bike. The intent wasn't to steal bikes as you so put in, before admin corrected you/the title you choose.

The only mistake was this wasn't private property. The intent wasn't theft, or to steal bicycles.

But hey, why ever let facts get in the way of your hate.

Wonder what'll happen in front of Tower B or whatnot, given that the road there is now Katz' property.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

The only evidence we have was the note left on the bike. The intent wasn't to steal bikes as you so put in, before admin corrected you/the title you choose.

The only mistake was this wasn't private property. The intent wasn't theft, or to steal bicycles.

Breaking the lock off a person's bike and taking it is theft . The threat alone should require an investigation
    Last edited by champking; 24-07-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Holy Hallucination Batman. Attempted theft, deliberate squatting attempt...

I can see that this is one of those opportunities to say: "Hey, let's have some fun, at ____{insert despised party name, in this case Katz______} " but I don't get the sense that people are light heartedly stabbing the Katz Group.

If some of the comments are serious , we should all know better (as in being able to think rationally) in terms of the most probable context of a notice being posted. One, it's a never ending problem of people thinking that they own the frontage, and even tell people not to park in front of the house. Probably the same here. So some new or low level employee or administration staff thinking they are doing their job, but lacking the knowledge of responsibility vs ownership fails to make a wise judgement. Ie the made a mistake.

The author of the note should be given credit for writing a far superior letter compared to the amateurish and terse lawyer written warning letters the City handed out - in the past anyway.

However, a lack of a contact number on the Katz letter is a guaranteed way to have your boss or the company President calling you, and a note going on your HR file - and not just a bike owner calling to say: "What the hey... " and you saying: "Oops, sorry. Can I buy you a coffee to make up for it?"
    Last edited by KC; 24-07-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Breaking the lock off a person's bike and taking it is theft . The threat alone should require an investigation
    Ok. So let's pursue this.

So you want taxpayers to pay for investigative policing costs for every lock cut on bikes being removed from personal property?

Or was it theft when I gathered up someone's possessions (that I assumed were dumped by a thief in the walkway behind my house) and took them to the police department? That walkway isn't my property - how dare I touch anything on it?

Or picked up a Blackberry laying in the grass at the playground, brought it home and managed to call the owner's girlfriend. They came by later and retrieved it - from me. So am I a thief by removing it from the grass?
    Last edited by KC; 24-07-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

Ok. So let's pursue this. So you want taxpayers to pay for investigative policing costs for every lock cut on bikes being removed from personal property?
    Probability could be the same that this was part of a memo that come from senior management . Maybe part of a master agreement where katz group has been given policing/ security powers over public property ? . He most likely does in and around arena.. ..

alright, so if I lock my car to your private property, what would you do? Let my car sit there?

Ok. So let's pursue this. So you want taxpayers to pay for investigative policing costs for every lock cut on bikes being removed from personal property?
    Probability could be the same that this was part of a memo that come from senior management . Maybe part of a master agreement where katz group has been given policing/ security powers over public property ? . He most likely does in and around arena.. ..
    Don't worry, Katz is personally out to get everyone and their babies, and take their bikes too.

alright, so if I lock my car to your private property, what would you do? Let my car sit there?
    Call bylaw or the police

Bylaw or police wont do anything its your private property

There be attempts to contact you . To see if the car was stolen, abandoned...., possible mischief ?

Yes, but bylaw or Police wouldn't remove it from your private property.

Anyways, this is getting far beyond the topic.

The bike was locked to city property. The Katz group thought it was their private property it was locked to. There was no attempt to steal bikes. There was a note left on the bike. to me, leaving a note on a bike isn't theft. Should the note have been left on the bike? no, the bike was found to be locked to public property, and is okay with the city of Edmonton. An error in judgment for the lackey in the katz group office? Sure. Stealing bikes? Completely fabricated fake news by someone who is well known to be overzealous in the "I hate Katz and the arena, and the city of Edmonton" game.

Usually when I've had my bike stolen in the past, the bike is gone, and no note is left behind. Doesn't seem like the case here.

But good job to you for construing what was an honest mistake into "Katz Group is out to steal your bikes and your first born, everyone hate Katz now please just like me"

There be attempts to contact you . To see if the car was stolen, abandoned...., possible mischief ?

Yes. Talking to each other often results in very boring results. It's the failure to talk that often creates amazing results - stupefying results. As in a Journal article, interviews and attempted interviews, senior staff involvement, etc, all possibly because the notice was terse and way too "matter of fact"* and lacking a phone number or contact info.

* for the anal retentive: “You should never assume. You know what happens when you assume. You make an *** out of you and me because that's how it's spelled”.

The bike was locked to city property. The Katz group thought it was their private property it was locked to. There was no attempt to steal bikes. There was a note left on the bike. to me, leaving a note on a bike isn't theft. Should the note have been left on the bike? no, the bike was found to be locked to public property, and is okay with the city of Edmonton. An error in judgment for the lackey in the katz group office? Sure. Stealing bikes? Completely fabricated fake news by someone who is well known to be overzealous in the "I hate Katz and the arena, and the city of Edmonton" game.

Usually when I've had my bike stolen in the past, the bike is gone, and no note is left behind. Doesn't seem like the case here.

But good job to you for construing what was an honest mistake into "Katz Group is out to steal your bikes and your first born, everyone hate Katz now please just like me"
    Ahh, geez, now you have me wondering if a certain type of thief leaves notes behind. Conscientious crook personality, secret member of the League of Appologists, what? Who are these people! What do they want from us? Yeah, yeah, what they took. But what else?...

Ahh, geez, now you have me wondering if a certain type of thief leaves notes behind. Conscientious crook personality, secret member of the League of Appologists, what? Who are these people! What do they want from us? Yeah, yeah, what they took. But what else?...
    Doesn't seem plausible .to mistake a city sign for katz property.
    More inclined to think it's some hoaxter

I bet Katz himself walked down the street with bolt cutters, grinning ear to ear at the mere thought of how baller he was going to be once he hit it big in the black market bicycle scene.

Is the lack of critical thinking by choice or some type of impairment?
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Good one chmilz.

Yeah, Top_Dawg can just picture ol' Toucan Sam cutting bicycle locks.

Mine....all mine.... * evil laugh *

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    I bet Katz himself walked down the street with bolt cutters, grinning ear to ear at the mere thought of how baller he was going to be once he hit it big in the black market bicycle scene.

Is the lack of critical thinking by choice or some type of impairment?
    Hilarious!