Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Edmonton Oilers 2017-18 Season

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Not bad for a 34 yr old backup goaltender. Geez....
    Goalie won the game for Leafs.

McDavid could have, and maybe should have, had three tonight.

Unfortunately tonight the Hawks won, Blues won, and Minny beat SJ in OT.

Blues, Knights, Sharks, Kings, Avs, and Flames all won Saturday, with Jets picking up a loser point.

Friday it was the Hawks winning, with both the Knights-Preds and the Wild-Ducks being 3 point games.

It's a good thing the Oilers have a lot of Divisional games coming up. I think the team is built to succeed in their own Division. I hope so. We'll see.

They need a sustained run, and they need a whole bunch of teams to collapse. 500 hockey won't come close.
    aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Goalie won the game for Leafs.

McDavid could have, and maybe should have, had three tonight.

Unfortunately tonight the Hawks won, Blues won, and Minny beat SJ in OT.

Blues, Knights, Sharks, Kings, Avs, and Flames all won Saturday, with Jets picking up a loser point.

Friday it was the Hawks winning, with both the Knights-Preds and the Wild-Ducks being 3 point games.

It's a good thing the Oilers have a lot of Divisional games coming up. I think the team is built to succeed in their own Division. I hope so. We'll see.

They need a sustained run, and they need a whole bunch of teams to collapse. 500 hockey won't come close.
    Thing is it doesn't matter. The time to pull out of the whole the Oilers have made for themselves is essentially done. The Oilers schedule is now loaded up on teams that play us better than those that we have faced. Just in the remainder of this month we have around 7 games that are going to be tough. The only WC teams we've looked good against are Calgary, LV, Chicago. That's it. Calgary and Chicago are out of the playoffs at the moment, and LV was playing a 4th string goalie and a large reason they had lost their mojo. We haven't beat one good WC opponent this season from my recollection.

This Oilers team, with this lack of depth, there is no sustained run.

We probably need 68pts in our remaining 52 games. For perspective that would be a pace that exceeds last year when this was a better team. Its over.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^
    perhaps, but, just like the last 30, the next 52 are all individual games and one of the reasons they play them is that until they’re over you never really know what the result is going to be.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

When I state "its over" I'm taking probability licence there. Not that its mathematically over.

Life is all about "you never really know"
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

^you said last year it was over because all the teams were supposedly too tough... (many of us pointed out to you the schedule was actually easier as less travel, which has a bigger impact than quality of opposition, but you were insistent, and wrong).

I think its a bit unlikely now, but its not over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    ^you said last year it was over because all the teams were supposedly too tough... (many of us pointed out to you the schedule was actually easier as less travel, which has a bigger impact than quality of opposition, but you were insistent, and wrong).

I think its a bit unlikely now, but its not over yet.
    Its fair to state I was wrong on that. Last year was a bit different in the WC as a lot of things took place. Some clubs folded out of the playoff race, other teams had much more significant injury problems, and the Oilers had a run of pretty unsustainable performance from some pretty unlikely characters.

That said I don't think my position last year was that the Oilers would miss. I was concerned that for a long time period they were hanging too close to the margins. Any significant injury last season could have caused some problems.

But we agree that this year playoffs is not something we would bet on.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Yes it is.

It's all over but the drama.

Top_Dawg is waiting for the chicken choker to can McLellan's azz.

Just to postpone his own $hit canning.

Top_Dawg absolutely loves it.

This bunch couldn't fubar this as bad as they have even if they deliberately tried.

Hilarious.

^^Agreed.

^Agreed as well, I think its a reasonable bet that TM is gone if fail to make playoffs.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Yup, stole the show. Happens. We played well, but simply could not score.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Simply could not score.
    The Oilers 2017-18 epitaph
    ... gobsmacked

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567