Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 1,301 to 1,342 of 1342

Thread: Edmonton Oilers 2017-18 Season

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Now that we've all calmed down as McDavid and the last few games in the NHL season is upon us, TB lost last night to last place Arizona, Kucherov was held off the scoreboard. Happy days.
    What you smoking old boy? Both "points" you were trying to convey are false. 1.) Tampa WON last night and Kucherov did get 1 point.....
    didn’t kucherov get a goal and an assist last night for two points?
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Now that we've all calmed down as McDavid and the last few games in the NHL season is upon us, TB lost last night to last place Arizona, Kucherov was held off the scoreboard. Happy days.
    What you smoking old boy? Both "points" you were trying to convey are false. 1.) Tampa WON last night and Kucherov did get 1 point.....
    didn’t kucherov get a goal and an assist last night for two points?
    No - he got one point for an assist. Right now McDavid has 103 points and Kucherov has 98 points

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^

for whatever reason i don't think we're talking about the same game(s)...

you're right about the game last night - he got one assist for one point except it was against the bruins, not the coyotes.

envaneo was looking at last monday's game against the coyotes but he did have a goal for one point in that game as well.

he had one goal and one assist in the lightning's december 14 game against the coyotes but don't ask me how that come up first in a quick search where i - like envaneo - didn't look closely enough at the date.

sorry. and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^^ I was using ESPN NHL leaders point tracker and it didn't update when I composed the above.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Well, there are 2 games left for both the Oilers and Lightning, and McDavid is winning the race by 5 points. Hopefully he can get a couple more against Vegas or Vancouver to lock this up.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Ya Baby !!!! (That's all we have for this season in E-Town. Better luck next year.)
    Last edited by Drumbones; 05-04-2018 at 11:35 AM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

TB has their last Home game against Buffalo tomorrow. If Kucherov is held off the scoreboard, I'd have a, say whaaaaat? kind of a moment. Its a back-to-back couple of games and including Saturday in Carolina for them. Its going to be interesting next few days.

TB has their last Home game against Buffalo tomorrow. If Kucherov is held off the scoreboard, I'd have a, say whaaaaat? kind of a moment. Its a back-to-back couple of games and including Saturday in Carolina for them. Its going to be interesting next few days.
    Tampa are resting Stamkos for the playoffs. I won't be surprised if Kucherov gets some rest too. They have bigger fish to fry.

Stats, and jobs for the bubble players, are the only thing this team has to play for now. I think McDavid has 6 or 7 points in his last 5 games, which is great until you consider he's -6, and they lost every game.

FYI - I can criticize McD while still believing he's the best in the game, and one of the best ever.

I think the scoring race is secure, and maybe MOP, but no MVP this season for McDavid. It would diminish his accomplishment leading this team last season. Let's hope he comes back and wins it next season, by getting this team to the game.
    aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Isn't there a balloting or voting process of some kind in this? McD might have the most points at the end of the season. But its not a sure thing is that right?

^ Isn't there a balloting or voting process of some kind in this? McD might have the most points at the end of the season. But its not a sure thing is that right?
    The Art Ross is for most points and the Maurice Richard is for most goals. The Jennings goes to the goalies on the team with the least goals against. Not sure exactly how that works.

Of course the Stanley Cup, President's Trophy (best overall record), Prince Of Wales (East playoff winner), and Clarence S Campbell (playoff winner in West) are team awards.

Think the others are voted on. The Hart, for MVP, is voted on by writers. The Ted Lindsay is for MOP, and voted on by the players. McDavid should have a good shot at that one.

NHL Trophies
    aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

C2E SME

The Oilers win, and McDavid gets 3 assists for 106 points!
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

After the Oilers game I watched the Vancouver game and the Sedins. It was quite something all the goodbyes. Shed a tear myself.

Want to know something REALLY crazy...

The faceoffs were 22-33 for the Canucks. Seriously.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...8/ES021250.HTM
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The Art Ross is for most points and the Maurice Richard is for most goals. The Jennings goes to the goalies on the team with the least goals against. Not sure exactly how that works.

Of course the Stanley Cup, President's Trophy (best overall record), Prince Of Wales (East playoff winner), and Clarence S Campbell (playoff winner in West) are team awards.

Think the others are voted on. The Hart, for MVP, is voted on by writers. The Ted Lindsay is for MOP, and voted on by the players. McDavid should have a good shot at that one.

NHL Trophies
    I know this, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    Want to know something REALLY crazy...

The faceoffs were 22-33 for the Canucks. Seriously.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...8/ES021250.HTM
    Like the announcers were saying. Everything went so perfect you could not have written a better script. Another example I guess.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I didn't see the game last night with Vegas in town but did McDavid get a goal and 2 helpers for 41 goals and 106 points?

NHL Trophies
    I know this, thanks.
    Then why did you ask? I took the time to thoroughly answer your question.

I didn't see the game last night with Vegas in town but did McDavid get a goal and 2 helpers for 41 goals and 106 points?
    3 assists. Or did you know that?

C2E Posting Power

Oldtimer.....stay away from this thread...it's much too painful to watch you stumble around asking "rhetorical" questions - since you know everything anyway...why ask?

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

3 assists. Or did you know that?
    Like I said, I didn't see the game last night.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Oldtimer.....stay away from this thread...it's much too painful to watch you stumble around asking "rhetorical" questions - since you know everything anyway...why ask?
    I didn't say I know everything, which is why I ask. In the name of sweet baby Jesus, this is the kind of Homer Simpson-esk response I get from my wife.

Its happy Friday people, chill.

It's all in response to you asking about NHL awards and if they're voted on, Jimbo tkaing the time to give you a thorough breakdown of which ones are and aren't, then you dismissing his response with "I know this, thanks".

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

He supplied me with a link as well. I forgot to include the "now" in the I know this now, thanks. As in thanks for clearing that up. That's what I meant to say. So it was a typo on my part.

Oilers angst is riding high again these days I see.

(Walks out immediately)

"if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

I have a question. Are owners still allowed to buy players with cash deals? Gretzky was traded for players, picks and $15 mil USD in cash as were many players. Can Katz still pick up star players with a healthy cheque or is this no longer allowed. If it's allowed he should get on the horn and spend some loot over the summer. There's got to be owners out there that would part with star players for a good chunk of cash into their pockets.

Heh, Not really possible now because it would be categorized under bonuses which are subject to stipulations. In anycase the cap cost of that player would still have to be considered.

Then you have to consider that the players have to be UFA or RFA to even offersheet them. With a whole lot of stipulation on amounts and compensation re; acquiring player through offer sheet. Lastly offer sheets are still very rare. Theres kind of a GM détente whereby even if you can hurt an opponent team in this way every GM figures they have their own capspace problems, glass houses and are resistant to offer sheets due to fears it would come back on them.

I think it possible that the Gretzky sale, at least in part, led to a lot of changes.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

C2E SME

Actual cash can't change hands in hockey trades, just cap hits/salaries. That hasn't been allowed in 20+ years.

C2E SME

Mark Spector isn't pulling any punches in this article: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...e-voices-past/

Someone needs to take the toy away from Katz and the Boys on the Bus, because it's just going to stay broken if they keep fiddling with it. His comments about Coffey are pretty much exactly what my concerns were.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

If Spector can see it who can't?

C2E SME

Call me a cynic, but I think the Oilers organization likes it this way.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Mark Spector isn't pulling any punches in this article: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...e-voices-past/

Someone needs to take the toy away from Katz and the Boys on the Bus, because it's just going to stay broken if they keep fiddling with it. His comments about Coffey are pretty much exactly what my concerns were.
    I was listening to Spector speak on Sportsnet radio yesterday. Spector said the coach (Todd McLellan) is ok. Its his coaching staff. I'm not an expert but the dumbest move Chiarelli made was getting rid of Eberle. Chiarelli imo Strome and Cammalleri need to go. Try to acquire Mike Hoffman. Fix Cam Talbot (plays on his knees most of the time) a tweak here and there during the off season. Coffee as a consultant? Yeesh.

Oilers need some GOOD defensemen and another good goalie. When was the last time this city had a good goaltender controversy - Fuhr vs Ranford?

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Oilers need some GOOD defensemen and another good goalie. When was the last time this city had a good goaltender controversy - Fuhr vs Ranford?
    Markannen/Conklin! haha

Wait, no. It was definitely Dubnyk/Khabibulin

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Curtis Joseph Vs Tommy Salo?

They didn't play on the team at the same time. Salo came after Joseph.

“Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Interesting article. About 10 games or so in, even colour commentary was also alluding to the pressure McDavid & Dria were under due to their contracts. I didn't know about Talbot and his lack of sleep over domestic issues.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

But they did play the same year, that's what I was getting at:

http://hockeygoalies.org/bio/nhl/edmonton.html
    Last edited by envaneo; 15-04-2018 at 12:45 AM.

But they did play the same year, that's what I was getting at:

http://hockeygoalies.org/bio/nhl/edmonton.html
    If they aren't in the team at the same time, there's no goalie controversy. The controversy is based on who is the starting goalie, and who is the backup.

C2E SME

The Oilers signed Ty Rattie to a one-year contract.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ That's a good signing.

C2E SME

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314