Thread: downtown Dentist recommendations?

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default downtown Dentist recommendations?

I know I've harped about the oversaturation of dental clinics in the central core but now it's about time I switched to one!

My long-time dentist retired and my favorite hygienist is leaving, but since their clinic is outside of downtown I want to take the opportunity to cut ties and switch to a good quality clinic at a more convenient location within the downtown core. Ideally it should be in a building that is connected the downtown pedway system. One place I'm looking into is R Dental in HSBC Place (adjacent to Edmonton City Centre mall), another is City Centre Dental in Commerce Place.

Rather just relying on reviews on yelp and google, any recommendations from the fine folks here is greatly appreciated.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Continued Contributor

I've liked Karen Isbister at Academy Dental on 105th and Jasper for years. Good dentist and hygienists. I know its not pedway connected but still very central.
    My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

^ Thanks and I will keep it in mind, however a clinic within the pedway system would be a short jacket-less walking distance from the office, which means less time away from work.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

I used to go to Dr. Marc Coulombe in Canada Place Dental -- I left because I stopped working downtown and wanted a clinic in the 'burbs. My mom still goes to him and is quite happy with him and with the dental hygienists there. They're on the pedway system, right in between the Citadel and Canada Place -- if you've ever walked that route, you've walked right by them.

www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

It's been too long since I've gone to the dentist, but a few years back Downtown Dental in the Empire Building was good to me. It has a pedway connection through the Central LRT station. It's been around for many years, as the sons of the original dentist have take over the practice, along with another dentist. As of when I was there a few years ago, they held to the Blue Cross schedule of fees; if that's still the case, that may help minimize the cost of the visit, as other dentists can charge more then that.