Thread: Sexual Orientation - Nobodies business but yours............

Default Sexual Orientation - Nobodies business but yours............

The NHS (National Health Service) in the U K will be asking patients in 2019 what their sexual orientation is.
    What is the reasoning behind this?. Hopefully they get a resounding 'non of your business' from the general public.
    What bearing does it have on anyone's medical health?. What next, will they want to know your religion?.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...l-orientation/
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

C2E Hard Core Contributor

This information standard is designed to help NHS bodies be compliant with the law by consisting collecting, only where relevant, personal details of patients such as race, sex and sexual orientation. They do not have to do it in every area, people do not have to answer the questions and it will have no impact on the care they receive.”

So why ask then???

Playboy's first tranny playmate.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/10/1...ymate-ines-rau

Not bad.

If Top_Dawg din't know he would do her.

Statistically speaking, given your proclivity towards happy massages & the overrepresentation of transsexuals in sex work, odds are you've already gotten your pud pulled by someone who's had first-hand knowledge in its operation.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Statistically speaking, given your proclivity towards happy massages & the overrepresentation of transsexuals in sex work, odds are you've already gotten your pud pulled by someone who's had first-hand knowledge in its operation.
    Ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    The NHS (National Health Service) in the U K will be asking patients in 2019 what their sexual orientation is.
    What is the reasoning behind this?. Hopefully they get a resounding 'non of your business' from the general public.
    What bearing does it have on anyone's medical health?. What next, will they want to know your religion?.

Maybe it’s one of those cultural things. The UK and their belief system. However, studies are showing that women generally have much more complex sexual orientations (or responses to stimuli that aren’t as predictable as men’s) so I wonder how they might handle widespread truthful or insightful data.

Religion might be a useful question as it too affects various forms of acceptable treatment.
    Last edited by KC; 19-10-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    However, studies are showing that women generally have much more complex sexual orientations (or responses to stimuli that aren’t as predictable as men’s) so I wonder how they might handle widespread truthful or insightful data.
    Like, becoming asexual just after you get married?

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post

Maybe it’s one of those cultural things. The UK and their belief system. However, studies are showing that women generally have much more complex sexual orientations (or responses to stimuli that aren’t as predictable as men’s) so I wonder how they might handle widespread truthful or insightful data.

Religion might be a useful question as it too affects various forms of acceptable treatment.
    Cultural, belief system?. I would have thought of all the cultures in the world the Brits would not give a hoot about someone's sexual orientation. It maybe 'stiff upper lip' and all that stuff but I sometimes get the impression that anything goes in that country as long as nobody gets hurt.
    I really fail to see what someone's sexual orientation has to do with anything. Sure, it would be wise to tell your G.P. that you have had a sex change but sexual orientation is how you think or perceive sex. It's not necessarily a physical body change.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

"Prism Toolkit for Safe and Caring Discussions About Sexual and Gender Minorities"

^WTF is that all about. Prism Toolkit, who thinks this crap up and gets paid for it?.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ersy-1.4372331

How not to conduct and interview.
    Interviewer broke just about every rule in the book and the guy did not get the job.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...ights-tribunal

^lol. Now, if the government was really being fair, they would at least, get, $10m each for the breach of their charter rights, I think more deserving of that, than some others ...

we can say queer again? man , I thought that was a no no..sigh

What did you think the Q stood for in LGBTQ+?
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

In the UK it stand for qualify...

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Qualify?

Remember that famous UK tv programme "Qualify as Folk"? So good.

I heard it on a UK show, I have no idea, but they all seemed to know..

C2E Long Term Contributor

http://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/c...ll-as-students

Conservative groups have been happily pointing to a blog post from Ted Byfield, a conservative commentator and close friend of Kenney’s, who calls GSAs “sex clubs” designed to foster homosexuality.

“If my son or daughter, having reached, say, the age of ten or eleven, is lured into a school sex club, is persuaded that he or she must be homosexual, acts accordingly, acquires HIV and then AIDS and remains crippled for life, whom do I sue?” asks Byfield. “The government, or the minister that helped bring this tragedy upon us?”

This would be laughable if it wasn’t so troubling.

Byfield’s blog post makes a powerful argument for why Bill 24 is necessary to protect LGBTQ students.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

As I was saying about Kenney being a total scum bag...

What does the plus sign stand for? HIV status?

I'd rather C2E than work!

We need a simple word for "anyone who is not a cisgendered heterosexual" to replace the ever-expanding unpronounceable acronym.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium48 View Post
    We need a simple word for "anyone who is not a cisgendered heterosexual" to replace the ever-expanding unpronounceable acronym.
    Or just call everyone a person. Beyond personal interactions where and when do we really need to care about sexual orientation?

Group settings like bathrooms, change rooms and shared rooms/bedrooms? Maybe it's time to give people their own stalls, cubicles and hospital/seniors/etc. rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    As I was saying about Kenney being a total scum bag...
    Most of us were. Like I said before he has a whole couple years before the next election for everybody to realize what pond scum he is. Its ironic that he wants to get into the Leg faster. That will only increase is verbal foot in mouth.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Calgary-West MLA Mike Ellis wanted to strike out that clarity. If no sex is being taught in GSAs, he argued, why single them out?

“I sincerely hope that Section 9 is not a way for the government to do after hours what it could not do in the classroom during school hours,” he said, drawing angry cries from the NDP.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/poli...d-through-gsas

Top_Dawg absolutely loves these $hit shows.

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    What does the plus sign stand for? HIV status?
    I know you're just being disingenuous and negatively stereotyping those in the LGBTQ+ community.

But for those who might not know, the + represents those in the LGBTQ community that don't fit under one of the other letters, instead of making the acronym even longer.

And more of a FYI, antiretroviral therapy (ART) is very effective these days, and those with an undetectable viral load have basically a very low chance of passing on HIV even through unprotected activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    But for those who might not know, the + represents those in the LGBTQ community that don't fit under one of the other letters, instead of making the acronym even longer.

You mean there's more ?

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post

You mean there's more ?

I've seen them as long as 13 digits, 11 if two of them are occupying other orifice..

Somebody out there sure to be offended with that..
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

This is a bit cowardly - UCP members who decided not to show up:

Only 11 members of the UCP were present in the chamber to vote for the amendment. They were easily defeated by 37 New Democrats and Alberta Party leader Greg Clark.
    http://edmontonjournal.com/news/poli...d-through-gsas

I'd have liked to have seen a few with the moral backbone to vote against their party on this one, in support of the legislation (even if the legislation is a bit superfluous).

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    http://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/c...ll-as-students

Conservative groups have been happily pointing to a blog post from Ted Byfield, a conservative commentator and close friend of Kenney’s, who calls GSAs “sex clubs” designed to foster homosexuality.

“If my son or daughter, having reached, say, the age of ten or eleven, is lured into a school sex club, is persuaded that he or she must be homosexual, acts accordingly, acquires HIV and then AIDS and remains crippled for life, whom do I sue?” asks Byfield. “The government, or the minister that helped bring this tragedy upon us?”

This would be laughable if it wasn’t so troubling.

Byfield’s blog post makes a powerful argument for why Bill 24 is necessary to protect LGBTQ students.
    What a piece of work Byfield is. He comes across as a total p*ick. Does the guy not realize that people in hetrosexual relationships can HIV/Aids etc.
    I feel sorry for any of his off spring having to live in such a restrictive household.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Rights advocate threatens lawsuit over proposed Alberta law on gay-straight alliances
    John Carpay says Bill 24 violates constitutional rights of religious schools and parents
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...rter-1.4401911

A Calgary group plans to launch a constitutional challenge if the provincial government's Bill 24 to support gay-straight alliances (GSAs) becomes law.

The proposed legislation would stipulate that Alberta students who join GSAs — clubs where LGBT and straight students can get together in a safe space — cannot be outed to their parents by teachers or staff.

But John Carpay, president of the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms, says the bill doesn't respect the rights of religious and independent schools or their parents' Charter-guaranteed rights.

"It attacks and undermines the religious character of schools by forcing them to have GSAs, which are not peer support groups, but they are political clubs that promote an ideology that is hostile to Islam, to Catholicism, to evangelical Christianity, to Orthodox Judaism and to other religions," he said.

Carpay is not yet revealing the identities of the parents, independent schools and other stakeholders on whose behalf he would be filing the constitutional challenge.
    Isn't Carpay, like Kenney and Fildebrandt, another alumnus of that clown car known as the Canadian Taxpayers Federation?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Top_Dawg loves these abortions.

With these suits and resulting counter suits, the courts could have these sex clubs in bondage for years.

This will result in a lot of hurt feelings grievances being aired by all sides.

Let the $hit show begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Top_Dawg loves these abortions.

With these suits and resulting counter suits, the courts could have these sex clubs in bondage for years.

This will result in a lot of hurt feelings grievances being aired by all sides.

Let the $hit show begin.
    Yeah and as always the one-in-a-million-like issue will dominate the news and the next election.

Also, schools have rights. Soon they’ll want the vote too.
    Last edited by KC; 14-11-2017 at 07:49 PM.