Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Falcon Towers | 175 m and 145 m | Proposed

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Former Fox sales centre now on site at Falcon and likely being converted to sell this project.
    'converted'...
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

I agree that the sales centre is important. Remember the sales centre that Century Park started out with? That was very nice.

I drove by those trailer lots during construction, it looked respectable to me.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Langham should definitely up their game.

Lamb's Jasper House had two model suites with varying finishes for people to scope out.
    Similarly the ID builds had some mock suites.
    Westrich did model suites for both Ultima and Encore.
    While both glenora block and west block went pretty well full out with very detailed show suites.

Fox's sale centre didn't give you a feel for the eventual place whereas the other show centres left a better impression.

But on the other hand, Langham seems to be selling their product....so whatever works I guess.

C2E SME

It of course should be noted that despite Lamb having a pretty show office and Fox being much more simple, Fox has two towers built and Lamb never even broke ground.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Which had nothing to do with a sales centre of high-calibre or not.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

C2E Continued Contributor

Having a nice sales centre with a demo unit showing the quality and style of materials used actually is a nice thing for a prospective buyer, but if Langham is selling units and building towers using a trailer, why would they invest more capital into something that has a nil benefit to their bottom line?

I as a purchaser would be more interested in their track record, what kind of products do they have on the market, what will they do with this project to rectify the issues their previous ones have had? How much subcontracting work is going to be going on? Time to completion? Layout of the retail bays? Types of businesses they plan to attract?

You hear everywhere that presentation is everything, but the truth of the matter is that no rational investor wants a shack-show, they want data and facts.

Nailed it. Any nice rental for a showroom just simply tells me you want to pay more for your product as we know that cost will shuffle to your pocket. If you want to throw money away , I''ll take it even if it's a couple hundred dollars. That's an awsome lunch and a couple of pints.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by B.ike View Post
    Langham should definitely up their game.
    Lamb's Jasper House had two model suites with varying finishes for people to scope out.
    Similarly the ID builds had some mock suites.
    Westrich did model suites for both Ultima and Encore.
    While both glenora block and west block went pretty well full out with very detailed show suites.
    For the record, Lamb's JH had only one model suite and Westrich's original sales centre did NOT have model suites for either Ultima or Encore - they put a "sample" kitchen area in but it was not a proportional model suite at all. Once Ultima was built, they moved the sales centre into a suite there but that was long after the fact.

I hope this sells well, but I am disappointed with this 'trailer showroom'. Track record is important when investing, for sure, but then many people I talk to are FAR from impressed with the quality at both Icons I and II. I have heard somewhat better things about Fox I & II, but not much. If I'm not mistaken Langham is trying to 'up their game' with the Falcon developments, are they not? If they are, I would strongly suggest it might be time to up their game on the presentation front as well. Just my humble $0.02.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

C2E SME

I’m sure this will be good news for anybody building downtown:

https://edmontonjournal.com/business...stment-quarter
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

I'd rather C2E than work!

That’s the best photo they could find?

But it’s a “world class” rickety old trailer.

why do you hate Edmonton?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    I’m sure this will be good news for anybody building downtown:

https://edmontonjournal.com/business...stment-quarter
    When did we become obsessed with "High quality" ... what about value?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345