Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alberta Party - Centre Together

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Mandel did say that his CFO was sick on a couple of those days. That's like saing to your teacher. "I cant submit my report because the dog ate the homework." lol

I feel bad for Mandell because this might be at his age his last venture into politics.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    I don't find anything unclear about the nomination contest rules:

From the Elections Alberta website:
    All Nomination Contestants must appoint a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who is responsible for maintaining records of all revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities and issuing official contribution receipts. A nomination contestant's election expenses are not to exceed $10,000. Nomination contestants and their CFOs are required to file a financial return within four months after the selection date / conclusion of the contest, even if there was no financial activity.
    Four months is exactly that. If Mandel's nomination meeting was held on May 12, 2018, the financial return was due no later than September 12, 2018. There is an additional 10 day grace period for a late filing of the return in which case Mandel's deadline would be September 22, 2018. Mandel's campaign missed both deadlines.

Elections Alberta would have sent letters in advance of both deadlines warning the CFO of the consequences of not filing the return.
    LOL! Asleep at the switch. Better now than after he might have been elected. Old fartdom is a cruel master.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Mandel did say that his CFO was sick on a couple of those days. That's like saing to your teacher. "I cant submit my report because the dog ate the homework." lol

I feel bad for Mandell because this might be at his age his last venture into politics.
    He would never of been premier
    Last edited by H.L.; 10-02-2019 at 03:33 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I think Mandel could be a great premier, similar to Stelmach but with a bit more jam on the toast.

I like the slogan "Centre together" or is that Kenny?

I think Mandel could be a great premier, similar to Stelmach but with a bit more jam on the toast.

I like the slogan "Centre together" or is that Kenny?
    Stelmach was awful. Nice guy, not a good premier and I don't see the likeness between him and Mandel

Guess what H.L., if Mandel bows out then my choice on who to vote for just got a whole lot easier! More misery for you I guess.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    LOL! Asleep at the switch. Better now than after he might have been elected. Old fartdom is a cruel master.
    The people on the list of prohibited candidates are almost all defeated candidates in no hope ridings. Like Tony Caterina in Beverly-Clareview in 2015.

The fact that a leader of an Alberta political party - that purports to want to be taken seriously - misses a mandatory filing deadline for his own nomination. Inexcusable.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Guess what H.L., if Mandel bows out then my choice on who to vote for just got a whole lot easier! More misery for you I guess.
    That descion (to bow out) would be made for Mandal. Not Mandal's decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Like he!!.. LOL
    More misery for me,because you won't be able to vote for Mandy?
    Don't be so ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    The people on the list of prohibited candidates are almost all defeated candidates in no hope ridings. Like Tony Caterina in Beverly-Clareview in 2015.

The fact that a leader of an Alberta political party - that purports to want to be taken seriously - misses a mandatory filing deadline for his own nomination. Inexcusable.
    Of course it is!

well, it was either the NDP or the Alberta Party where my vote was going to. Guess that makes this easier now. The NDP has done a fantastic job, so no problem giving them another vote. Certainly better than the backwards alternative, a party still stuck in the yesteryear, with a leader that looks more at home at a cheeseburger party on Trailer Park Boys with his twin Randy.

My vote goes to anyone but the United Cretin Party and the Grifter.

Look at posters heads popping..lol!!!

Like Mandy had a huge following outside of Edmonton..too funny.
    Last edited by H.L.; 11-02-2019 at 11:11 PM.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Alberta Party Leader Stephen Mandel allowed to run in election, judge rules

{admin edit - added link for validity}
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

I'm very curious as to how the Alberta Party will do, especially now that this is out of the way.

I know my vote is very much up for grabs this election. I'm getting to know all candidates, and my current MLA did let me down pretty hard with the recent surface rights, animal poisonings, and environmental malfesance performed by Alberta Power Line/ATCO on my property. He also dropped the ball on a few callbacks on moving forward with new economic diversification initiatives here in my area.

We shall see...
    President and CEO - Airshow.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I'm happy Mandel is allowed to run. Kenney is just to Right wing for me. I also don't like how Kenney is pandering to the public; stop the carbon tax, stop flow of oil to BC, toll natural gas and other "over the top" proposals. What's next hold a referendum for Alberta separation? No wonder why the Sons of Odin and Rebel media like this guy.

I'm happy Mandel is allowed to run. Kenney is just to Right wing for me. I also don't like how Kenney is pandering to the public; stop the carbon tax, stop flow of oil to BC, toll natural gas and other "over the top" proposals. What's next hold a referendum for Alberta separation? No wonder why the Sons of Odin and Rebel media like this guy.
    Actually the SOD like Max Bernier, I mean they really like him..LOL didn't you see the interview?

Rebel media like Kenney, and I am way ( way) from far right., and I rarely know about Rebel, but what I know, I hate.. and I will vote for Kenney..I'm not trying to change your mind, not at all, Mandel will never be premier..even if Thomas C breaks his heart.... Stop the carbon tax? Damn right, except on heavy emitters , as JK has said

..I want someone with oomph..to stand up to JT. Mandel is weak..too left.
    Last edited by H.L.; 05-03-2019 at 12:29 AM.

The single biggest source of carbon in the world is transportation. Just going after the heavy emitters won't change that. And the SGER system that Kenny supports is a lot more complicated, full of loopholes and requires a lot more monitoring than a simple carbon tax. If you really support reducing carbon emissions and you don't want a lot more bureaucracy and paperwork and red tape, a carbon tax makes a lot more sense.

But the UCP don't like it because it's not their idea.

Jason Kenney's relationship with carbon taxes: It's complicated

SGER was actually in effect until Jan.1 of this year, when it was replaced by the new regulation, which is favoured by the NDP government and some — but not all — of the biggest players in the oil industry.

But just as SGER was riding off into the sunset, Kenney has resurrected the idea and injected it in the middle of the broader carbon tax debate. That debate promises to be a major issue in our province's next election, and will likely feature heavily into in the upcoming UCP policy convention.

The question facing voters then becomes: Is the new CCI regulation better? Or was the old SGER system preferable?

The problem is that both regulations are complicated. Very complicated.

But it's worth trying to understand them, because this debate gets at the heart of how Alberta deals with its greenhouse gas emissions.

Just who should pay — and how much should they pay — for releasing carbon dioxide into the atmosphere? Should it be all of us? Or just the largest emitters? And, if so, which of those emitters should pay the most?

Scrapping Alberta's current climate plan and reinstating SGER would be a complicated process. The federal government, much of the world, and the energy industry (with various degrees of willingness) have already moved in a different direction. Environmentalists say SGER never worked that well in the first place. And economists warn switching back to it could cause even more upheaval for the oil patch.

But Kenney is on board.

ttps://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/carbon-tax-sger-cci-ucp-ndp-kenney-ceci-1.4583334

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

^...and this has to do with the Alberta Party...how?

Was just responding to H.L.

What does your response add to the conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Actually the SOD like Max Bernier, I mean they really like him..LOL didn't you see the interview?Rebel media like Kenney, and I am way ( way) from far right., and I rarely know about Rebel, but what I know, I hate.. and I will vote for Kenney..I'm not trying to change your mind, not at all, Mandel will never be premier..even if Thomas C breaks his heart.... Stop the carbon tax? Damn right, except on heavy emitters , as JK has said..I want someone with oomph..to stand up to JT. Mandel is weak..too left.
    You know Mandel was a conservative right.

Yeah but he wasn't a full on, UCP alt-right, immigrant hating, anti-LGBT, trickle down economics type of conservative that H.L. and her ilk worship.

I did go to an Alberta Party Get to know us gathering in ST Albert. Was surprised by the cross section of People in the room. People I know that ran for both the Liberals and the PCs. But in talking with Mandel his policies are more right than left. Moratorium on spending, was one of the comments. even though I pointed out that there was a need for major capital projects that did not get moved forward or were shelved by the last government. would see the new hospital on the south side shelved for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by BalancedOP View Post
    Actually the SOD like Max Bernier, I mean they really like him..LOL didn't you see the interview?Rebel media like Kenney, and I am way ( way) from far right., and I rarely know about Rebel, but what I know, I hate.. and I will vote for Kenney..I'm not trying to change your mind, not at all, Mandel will never be premier..even if Thomas C breaks his heart.... Stop the carbon tax? Damn right, except on heavy emitters , as JK has said..I want someone with oomph..to stand up to JT. Mandel is weak..too left.

He sure doesn't sound like one..I listened to his interviews , and there is something about the man, that doesn't sit right with me. He's a very red conservative, if one at all

Of course it doesn't because Mandel has common sense unlike United Cretin supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Yeah but he wasn't a full on, UCP alt-right, immigrant hating, anti-LGBT, trickle down economics type of conservative that H.L. and her ilk worship.

I don't hate immigrants, wth are you talking about? I think anyone coming to Canada, should do so legally
    I have gay family members, how can I be against LGBTQ?and why have I all these years, stood up for their rights? your such an ignorant person..honest to god, you are alt left all the way! in fact, you give the left a very bad name

Your posts are what people are judging your political leaning on Hello Lady. You are the definition of far right

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Your posts are what people are judging your political leaning on Hello Lady. You are the definition of far right
    If I cared what a bunch of civil servants thought of me, while they really should be working, I'd bury myself now.

Back at you though Med. Find me a post of mine where I say something terrible against gay people, you dont read everything I post, and if you do, way way too much time on those hand..

If I cared what a bunch of civil servants thought of me, while they really should be working, I'd bury myself now.
    Why wait?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Why wait?

Because I like my life, and really Mr Montreal, I don't care about what others think of me on this board.
    .You're snotty, you run to admin over every little thing, not me..ciao

Back to work, chop chop..LOL

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BalancedOP View Post
    Obviously, duh. Actually Jim Prentice supported the idea of a carbon tax. It's in his book.

Mandel isn't as far right as Kenney, that's why I like him. Kenney used to "run around" in the same circles as Stockwell Day/Wildrose.

And Mandel IS Conservative.

H.L. is just grumpy because The Donald hasn't grabbed her yet.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Was just responding to H.L.

What does your response add to the conversation?
    A heck of a lot more than yours did...aka keeping you on topic.

just pointing out yet again how you just love to add crap that tries to take things off topic...just like your oh so classy response above as well...

but then, you are King/Queen/Court Jester in deflection attempts and moral hypocrisy. If there was only a reward...maybe I can make you a trophy that has a tube of glue topped with a rubber band?

Don't you have an arms bazaar to organize?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Don't you have an arms bazaar to organize?
    you just can't help yourself can you...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123