Thread: Derek Fildebrandt charged with illegal deer kill on private land

Default Derek Fildebrandt charged with illegal deer kill on private land

Another case of "The law is for lesser people." by this self-important POS.

Derek Fildebrandt charged with illegal deer kill on private land

An Alberta member of the legislature who is already dealing with charges of hit and run is now facing accusations of illegally shooting a deer.

Derek Fildebrandt, the Independent member for Strathmore-Brooks, has been charged with unlawful possession of wildlife and entering onto private land without permission.

Alberta Justice says that on the afternoon of Nov. 4, fish and wildlife officers were called about a deer shot on private land without permission from the landowner in a field near Sundre in west-central Alberta.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...rges-1.4447204

I'd rather C2E than work!

The article is a bit unclear, but there seems to be two independent violations here - trespassing on private property and not having a valid hunting license and/or tag for the deer he shot.

Yep:

Derek Fildebrandt, the Independent member for Strathmore-Brooks, has been charged with unlawful possession of wildlife and entering onto private land without permission.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Oh deer, this guy sure finds trouble or it finds him. Sounds like he lives in a vacuum and feels like he can do as he pleases.
    I have conversed with the worst kind of hectoring, bully pulpit smart-a**e*; dripping with virtuous self-aggrandizing sanctimony.................. and that's just on this forum.

Hahahaha.

Fildebrandt said he found out the land was private after he shot and tagged the deer, and apologized to the land owner. Afterwards, he said, he donated the deer to the local food bank. The justice official said the seized deer was donated by the wildlife officer.
    http://calgaryherald.com/news/politi...6-5a95386a2059
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Old story:

http://pressprogress.ca/8_reasons_de...ildrose_party/

I was going to say that maybe it was just a novice mistake.

Derek Fildebrandt – Wildrose – Strathmore-Brooks › Medicine Hat News

“Canadian Sport Shooters Association. “

https://web.archive.org/web/20150518...thmore-brooks/
    Last edited by KC; 13-12-2017 at 04:30 PM.

^so what are we looking at or for in your post....................................
    I have conversed with the worst kind of hectoring, bully pulpit smart-a**e*; dripping with virtuous self-aggrandizing sanctimony.................. and that's just on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

Old story:

http://pressprogress.ca/8_reasons_de...ildrose_party/

I was going to say that maybe it was just a novice mistake.

Derek Fildebrandt – Wildrose – Strathmore-Brooks › Medicine Hat News

“Canadian Sport Shooters Association. “

https://web.archive.org/web/20150518...thmore-brooks/

And outside of the Legislature I'm going to be a total douche and an embarrassment. BTW. how's that accountability thing square with you ripping off the province?

Why should the voters choose you?: I fought for the little guy as the Alberta Director of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation against waste, corruption and higher taxes. I’ve played a big role in holding Alison Redford and the PCs accountable and believe that inside of the legislature, I can be a powerful voice for accountability and common sense.

Evidently knowing where you are & whether or not you're legally allowed to shoot a deer is uncommon sense?

There is some irony in someone from the right violating property rights and safe handling of a firearm given how near and dear to their hearts these issues are.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

He's so small government he does not recognize the authority of the wasteful bureaucracy which is Alberta Fish & Wildlife

What a joke Fildebrandt is. Just can't keep out of the news. He's just toxic news by now.
    Last edited by Replacement; 13-12-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Maybe this year was just his annus horibilis. Now don't tell me that none of us had had one.

Membership has its benefits:

Membership | Canadian Shooting Sports Association

“Access to our Emergency Legal Fund.
    Training courses, regarded as the best in Canada”

https://cssa-cila.org/membership/
    Last edited by KC; 13-12-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Maybe this year was just his annus horibilis. Now don't tell me that none of us had had one.
    More like good society’s horibilis anus

Monty Python:

“Bignose's Wife: Oh, it's the meek! Blessed are the meek! Oh, that's nice, innit? I'm glad they're getting something because they had a hell of a time.
    Rogers: Well, blessed is just about everyone with a fested interest in the status quo, if I'm right with you there, Reg?

Reg: Yeah, well, what Jesus quietly fails to appreciate is that it's the meek who're the problem.

Judith: Yes, yes, absolutely Reg, yes, I see! ...”

http://www.humorlinks.com/python/scr...ifeOfBrian.htm
    Last edited by KC; 13-12-2017 at 07:54 PM.

... or he could just be a horrible anus.

Here I thought Wildrose MLA's were all about respecting property rights. I guess Derek not so much, perhaps that is why is a former Wildrose MLA now. If he keeps on doing crazy stuff like this, his former colleagues now in the UCP might not want him back.

C2E SME

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ourt-1.4454288

Guilty as charged. He wasn't able to produce a shred of evidence to back up his claims that he had a meeting that morning. So he was most likely lying both in court and publicly repeatedly when he claimed it couldn't have been him due to the supposed meeting. Hopefully between the apartment fiasco, the deer incident, and this there will be enough to put his career of "public service" to an end. It's pretty obvious the only person Fildebrandt acts in service of is himself.

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ourt-1.4454288

Guilty as charged. He wasn't able to produce a shred of evidence to back up his claims that he had a meeting that morning. So he was most likely lying both in court and publicly repeatedly when he claimed it couldn't have been him due to the supposed meeting. Hopefully between the apartment fiasco, the deer incident, and this there will be enough to put his career of "public service" to an end. It's pretty obvious the only person Fildebrandt acts in service of is himself.
    Here here. Well said. Live by the sword and you'll die by the sword.

There should be a good conspiracy theory coming out of these events. Anyone care to start one?

Derek Fildebrandt launches United Liberty group - Calgary - CBC News

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...erty-1.4174539

Alberta Premier Alison Redford leaves mixed legacy behind | Calgary Sun
    Derek Fildebrandt
    Published: March 19, 2014
    Updated: March 20, 2014 5:23 AM UTC
    Filed Under: Calgary SUN Opinion

http://edmontonsun.com/2014/03/20/al...d-3171c78316e2
    Last edited by KC; 18-12-2017 at 02:50 PM.

There should be a good conspiracy theory coming out of these events. Anyone care to start one?

Derek Fildebrandt

Nah, he probably just has a strong feeling lately for some reason all them there laws are a dang nuisance. He must be way past three strikes by now. I suppose the first was the worst - the Airbnb showed his regard for the taxpayers money, the others are more private matters, but just sort of confirm he has major character flaws. I just wonder whether politically anyone will touch him with a 10 foot pole now. I suppose he can hope people will eventually forget, but until then I think he will remain an Independent.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Derek Fildebrandt

Nah, he probably just has a strong feeling lately for some reason all them there laws are a dang nuisance. He must be way past three strikes by now. I suppose the first was the worst - the Airbnb showed his regard for the taxpayers money, the others are more private matters, but just sort of confirm he has major character flaws. I just wonder whether politically anyone will touch him with a 10 foot pole now. I suppose he can hope people will eventually forget, but until then I think he will remain an Independent.
    well “until then” or until the next election.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

C2E SME
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Stick a fork in Derek, he's done.

next up...

Notice that he says he resigned to spend more time with his family and the UCP press release simply says he resigned from caucus.

RCMP says former UCP MLA faces criminal charges

The United Conservative Party announced the sudden resignation of one of its members on Friday but now RCMP have confirmed that Don MacIntyre is involved in a criminal investigation.

The party said in the release that they were given the news at noon on Friday. There was no reason given.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-says...rges-1.3787653

Get the riff raff out, before the next election!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^^The exact nature of the charges (which were quite a bit more serious than anything Fildebrandt did) against MacIntyre were initially reported in media accounts, but those same stories were either deleted or heavily edited after it became clear there was a court-imposed publication ban on the matter.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Get the riff raff out, before the next election!
    That's right, run the entire UCP out of Alberta!!

When is Jason Kenney's turn?

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    ^^The exact nature of the charges (which were quite a bit more serious than anything Fildebrandt did) against MacIntyre were initially reported in media accounts, but those same stories were either deleted or heavily edited after it became clear there was a court-imposed publication ban on the matter.
    Interesting. I missed that. What was the nature of them? Is it white collar (fraud etc), or something sexual or violent?

Uh, I guess I don't want to put myself in a position of violating the spirit of a court order by answering that.

However, you might find the answer to your question by taking a look for discussion of the initial media reports on social media sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Interesting. I missed that. What was the nature of them? Is it white collar (fraud etc), or something sexual or violent?
    A quick googling of "MacIntyre charges" on the ol' Google indicates they're likely for your second guess, involving someone underage.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

That should link to Google's cache of a since-pulled Star story referencing the CBC.

^ When I clicked the above link, I got this...

Your search - cachepH0S2zPAPMJ:https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...02/alberta-mla ... - did not match any news results.

Suggestions:
    •Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
    •Try different keywords.
    •Try more general keywords.

END QUOTE

However, when I googled "MacIntyre charges UCP", the listing page contained extracts from one article indicating something of the nature of the charges. But when you click the link, the article is gone.

here's the cached version, since Noodles link doesn't seem to work:

EDMONTON—The CBC is reporting that a member of the Alberta legislature for the United Conservatives is facing sex-related charges.United Conservative Leader Jason Kenney has issued a terse statement that says Don MacIntyre resigned from caucus at about noon today.
    The CBC says records show MacIntyre appeared in court in Red Deer, Alta., on Thursday on charges of sexual assault and sexual interference.
    A tweet from MacIntyre says he’s resigning to focus on family, but it does not specify whether he is stepping down as an MLA or just leaving caucus.
    The United Conservative Party did not return phone calls requesting comment.

MacIntyre was elected to the legislature in the constituency of Innisfail-Sylvan Lake in 2015 under the Wildrose banner before the party merged with the United Conservatives.
    Before that, he was a part-time instructor for the alternative energy program at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology and worked as chief technical officer for a private overseas geothermal company.
    MacIntyre has suggested in the past that science hasn’t conclusively proven that climate change is a man-made problem.
    His next court appearance is set for Feb. 15.

Read more about: Jason Kenney, Alberta
    Bolded emphasis by me,.... Is this MrCombust by chance? (not really sorry for cross-threading either)

Thanks Matt. I didn't doublecheck my link, apologies if it didn't work.

I'll give this to the UCP/WR faction. Their bozo eruptions are getting bigger all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post

EDMONTON—The CBC is reporting that a member of the Alberta legislature for the United Conservatives is facing sex-related charges.United Conservative Leader Jason Kenney has issued a terse statement that says Don MacIntyre resigned from caucus at about noon today.
    The CBC says records show MacIntyre appeared in court in Red Deer, Alta., on Thursday on charges of sexual assault and sexual interference.
    A tweet from MacIntyre says he’s resigning to focus on family, but it does not specify whether he is stepping down as an MLA or just leaving caucus.

MacIntyre was elected to the legislature in the constituency of Innisfail-Sylvan Lake in 2015 under the Wildrose banner before the party merged with the United Conservatives.
    Before that, he was a part-time instructor for the alternative energy program at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology and worked as chief technical officer for a private overseas geothermal company.
    MacIntyre has suggested in the past that science hasn’t conclusively proven that climate change is a man-made problem.

Bolded emphasis by me,.... Is this MrCombust by chance? (not really sorry for cross-threading either)
    That's a huge stretch of you to be asking if a certain poster is someone who has been charged with sexual assault. The gall. It's asinine.

And MacIntyre has resigned his seat, byelection incoming.https://twitter.com/LedgeWatcher/sta...99432277438465

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post

That's a huge stretch of you to be asking if a certain poster is someone who has been charged with sexual assault. The gall. It's asinine.
    What's a stretch ? Asking if our local climate change denier is someone who has long suggested in the past that science hasn’t conclusively proven that climate change is a man-made problem.

I made no connection between MrCombust and Sexual assault. You did. Bravo for the stretching all done by yourself.

^Nice try but nobody is buying it.

I'm not selling anything for anyone to buy. Joke's on you.

Publication ban has been lifted in the MacIntyre case: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...528409?cmp=rss

C2E SME
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    So any comment from the UCP supporters on this site. I'm talking to you H.L, Gemini and Moa. The UCP is full of bozo's like this clown.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    So any comment from the UCP supporters on this site. I'm talking to you H.L, Gemini and Moa. The UCP is full of bozo's like this clown.
    Whoa, back up the bus. Not sure why your asking for my opinion on UCP. I have not stated who I was going to vote for the next provincial election.
    I have said that I like Rachel Notley but I'm not keen on her politics. That does not translate into a vote for UCP. I know H.I. is a UCP supporter but know doubt she has her reasons why. Not sure about Moa although I do appreciate his insight. As for sexual assault charges against anyone. They are pretty serious charges to level against someone. I don't know the facts. Best leave it to the courts and see how it pans out.

Sex charges are so prevalent right now they are running across all the political stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Sex charges are so prevalent right now they are running across all the political stripes.
    Yes, but some are more serious legal matters than others. You probably don't face charges and a publication ban for calling someone yummy.

I'm not a UPC supporter but I do like The Alberta Party.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Yes, but some are more serious legal matters than others. You probably don't face charges and a publication ban for calling someone yummy.
    The publication ban may have had something to do with the person being a minor. I know they don't mention the name of the victim anyway (minor or not) but it still could have been a factor. Regardless of peoples politics he's been charged but that does not mean he's guilty. That's for the courts to decide.