Thread: Anti-Urban States Aren't Just Hurting Their Cities

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Anti-Urban States Aren't Just Hurting Their Cities

May want to consider this if you plan on voting for Kenney.
    https://www.citylab.com/equity/2017/12/anti-urban-states-arent-just-hurting-their-cities/548801/

Whenever I travel to blue cities in red states, I hear the same refrain: “The folks in our state government and state legislature are against us.” Or, “How can we prosper when our state leaders are cutting funding to universities, or doing intolerant things like reneging on women’s and gay rights, and passing bathroom bills?” Often they ask me: “How can we protect all the things we’ve done to improve our city in the face of such backward policies and initiatives?”
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

^what has the NDP done for urban policy since being elected? What did the last PC government do against the Cities? I think this is more driven by the choices of the city, not the province, in Canada with respect to urban planning (growth planning, and similar).

More gibberish from moahunter

I'd rather C2E than work!

More or less doesn’t matter. We have to be rowing in the same direction otherwise our efforts are futile.