Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 1920

Thread: The TRUTH about climate change

MIAMI'S LITTLE HAITI WASN'T A TARGET FOR DEVELOPERS. UNTIL THE SEAS STARTED TO RISE.

In the age of rising sea levels, elevation is everything. CNN's Bill Weir explores how climate gentrification affects working class communities.

In a city where "sunny day floods" increased 400% in a decade, rising seas are changing the old real estate mantra of "location, location, location."

In Miami these days, it's all about "elevation, elevation, elevation."

And long before melted ice caps wash over Ocean Drive, one of America's most vulnerable big cities is becoming a test case for the modern problem of climate gentrification.

While some scientific models predict enough polar ice melt to bring at least 10 feet of sea level rise to South Florida by 2100, just a modest 12 inches would make 15% of Miami uninhabitable, and much of that beachside property is among America's most valuable.

What's happening in Little Haiti could be just one example of a "climate apartheid" that the United Nations warns is ahead, where there will be a gulf between the rich who can protect themselves from the impact of climate change and the poor who are left behind. Philip Alston, the UN Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, said there was already evidence of how the climate crisis affects the rich and poor differently.
    https://www.wthitv.com/content/natio...2.html?ref=532
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E Continued Contributor

Sure glad how those man made charts lol explained why that plane has 300 feet of ice on top of it last 70 years , how dumb of me to believe my lying eyes , I fail bad as a zombie . And all the seas rising we will never see islands appear anymore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OITzReDY4J4 Never doubt anyone in lab coat, only your eyes lie. The climate man bear pig will be proven with many charts just don't hold your breath about actual underwater cities.
    Last edited by buildthemhigh; 12-07-2019 at 10:01 PM.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

I can also see why all those insurance companies refuse to insure any land or structure on costal cities around the world because of their inevitable destruction from melting ice ....... oh wait they do insure it all Oh the banks then must have a out clause on all the mortgages they give on those ocean properties ... oh wait they don't lol
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

Default The TRUTH about beachfront property.

"much of that beachside property is among America's most valuable."

Yes, climate change might cause a millionaire with beachfront property to have a flooded basement.

Climate change arguments read like a comic book.
    "Without feedbacks, a doubling of CO2 would result in 1 C global warming, which is undisputed." Climate sensitivity, Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    my problem with this one isn't the accuracy of the information but the credibility of the presentation.

it "looks like" a hockey stick but that's only because it truncates/omits 64% of the left y axis (i.e. everything between 0 and 250).

its hard to say how much of the right y axis is truncated not knowing whether the intent is to present everything above 0 or to include the full celsius scale starting at -273.15 or only that portion of the scale that presumptively supports life as we know it or even life as it could be or???

ps. lengthening -!or shortening - the x axis will also have a big impact on the perception of the same information.
    You're right. The graphs should start at the formation of the Earth on the time axis and be listed in degrees Kelvin, starting at absolute zero for temperature. Put everything into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    my problem with this one isn't the accuracy of the information but the credibility of the presentation.

it "looks like" a hockey stick but that's only because it truncates/omits 64% of the left y axis (i.e. everything between 0 and 250).

its hard to say how much of the right y axis is truncated not knowing whether the intent is to present everything above 0 or to include the full celsius scale starting at -273.15 or only that portion of the scale that presumptively supports life as we know it or even life as it could be or???

ps. lengthening -!or shortening - the x axis will also have a big impact on the perception of the same information.
    You're right. The graphs should start at the formation of the Earth on the time axis and be listed in degrees Kelvin, starting at absolute zero for temperature. Put everything into perspective.
    My problem with the graph is that it's fake. What's the source? Anonymous. What's the data? GISS? No. Satellite? No. It's a made-up graph by an unknown author and an unknown source. Climate advocates dance with joy when fake graphs show them what they want. The fake science machine is in full production for them.
    "Without feedbacks, a doubling of CO2 would result in 1 C global warming, which is undisputed." Climate sensitivity, Wikipedia

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

see post 1852 (and the rest of the chain)....
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by MrCombust View Post

My problem with the graph is that it's fake. What's the source? Anonymous. What's the data? GISS? No. Satellite? No. It's a made-up graph by an unknown author and an unknown source. Climate advocates dance with joy when fake graphs show them what they want. The fake science machine is in full production for them.

Hey

I know your really trying here, but my graphs are all backed data and studies that are and have been peer reviewed by climate scientists. Most of the stuff you post is from some guy (probably much like yourself) who doesnt have any background in climate studies and just some random blogger in his (or his moms) basement and certainly not peer reviewed. The sources are all above in my posts, but your too chickenshiit to respond to them, and only want to respond to memes and very select data points.
    Last edited by Medwards; 14-07-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Default The TRUTH. 40 years of sea level rise.........

and we're all gonna die.

Except, here's a new island that popped up out of the rising sea. Intellectual property stolen from a Drumbones post.......

You don't understand even the most basic natural processes. In the same way as it has been pointed out that you confuse weather with climate; you confuse a sandbar beach with the oceans receding.

Beaches and sandbars can disappear in a storm overnight and reappear during the next storm.

Here is a news flash, winds, waves and currents, move sand!

Your post proves you stand firmly on sinking sand.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Default The TRUTH.... about hurricanes....... again.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Edmonton and Alberta. See here that the CBC and the media is constantly lying to you. Send them an e-mail and ask them why.

"GLOBAL WARMING AND ATLANTIC HURRICANES"

"B. Analysis of century-scale Atlantic tropical storm and hurricane records"

"Statistical tests indicate that this trend is not significantly distinguishable from zero"

https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-war...nd-hurricanes/

The lying CBC says..........

"Reported economic losses from earthquakes and*volcanic eruptions, as well as climate-related disasters such as floods and hurricanes*have totalled*nearly $2.9 trillion US over the past two decades, the UN*office for disaster risk reduction says."

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4856708
    Last edited by MrCombust; Yesterday at 11:24 AM.

Thanks for ignoring my post

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    I can't take you guys too seriously. You post fake, and cartoon graphs and jump for joy at the "evidence" they present. Always posting links to liar blogs too. You fall on your knees and praise liar blogs for saying what you want to hear.
    Last edited by MrCombust; Yesterday at 11:17 AM.

He has ignored 90% of whats posted here and always swings at the low hanging fruit without ever putting up much for a rebuttal outside of liar blogs and other tinfoil hat conspiracy accusations... no surprise he again skipped your post.

I can't take you guys too seriously. You post fake, and cartoon graphs and jump for joy at the "evidence" they present. Always posting links to liar blogs too. You fall on your knees and praise liar blogs for saying what you want to hear.
    Yes NASA and NOAA are fake cartoon graphs and liar blogs

good lord

Funny, I did not post any NASA data or cartoon hockey stick chart or liar blogs and then he claims I did.

and we're all gonna die.

Except, here's a new island that popped up out of the rising sea. Intellectual property stolen from a Drumbones post.......

Hey guys, the sea levels can't be rising, the Himalayas are 1 cm higher than they were last year!

...Does that sound ridiculous to you? Because it shouldn't, seeing as how it uses the exact same logical jump that you used in this post.

Have your really jumped to arguing that the sea isn't rising? It's pretty much the easiest indicator to prove/disprove. Let's see your data source that shows that it isn't happening.

Default The TRUTH........., about wildfires........, again

Anybody getting tired of the CBC lying to you? Why not send them an e-mail and ask the why they keep lying?
    Ask them if climate change is causing wildfires, why are they on the decline?

From the Canadian National Fire Database......
    https://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/ha/nfdb

MrCombust, I've tried asking you why you keep on posting lies and fake news and misinformation, but you never respond. The CBC is pretty factual and uses data that's peer reviewed by other peers in the field, unlike you, who takes stuff from tinfoil hat wearing bloggers with no credentials in this field, and you, who can't differentiate between weather and climate.

Anybody getting tired of the CBC lying to you? Why not send them an e-mail and ask the why they keep lying?
    Ask them if climate change is causing wildfires, why are they on the decline?

From the Canadian National Fire Database......
    https://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/ha/nfdb

I really don't understand your post. You claim that CBC is lying but post a government of Canada chart on forest fires.

The number and size of forest fires are not directly correlated, everyone knows that.

The majority of forest fires are started by humans. The number of forest fires started and control measures are dependent on public education, forest management, government forest fire fighting budgets, geographic location of fires and the value of the timber and threat to populated areas

They are affected by weather, climate change, infestation and a host of other effects. Your posted chart posts only the effects but does not indicate the cause.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920