Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
Results 2,101 to 2,129 of 2129

Thread: The TRUTH about climate change

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Having spent a couple of weeks there this summer, electric vehicles are definitely catching on in the Lower Mainland of BC. My son's boss commutes daily and year-round in a fully electric vehicle from Squamish to DT Vancouver charging the vehicle at each end of the commute.

I wouldn't take an electric vehicle on a long road trip, at least not yet. But as a second vehicle for daily commutes electric is making more and more sense even today. With incremental improvements in battery technology and the deployment of faster charging stations going electric will make even more sense as the years go by.

My quarrel with the City's target of having all new vehicles sold in Edmonton being fully electric by 2030 is that such a policy is not within the City's jurisdiction and the time frame is too short. As one of the coldest major cities in the world, barring some technological breakthrough, Edmonton will likely be one of the last cities to go fully electric.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCombust View Post
    Our summer is gone. Nothing but cold weather. Winters are freezing. We live in the coldest major city in the continent. Our parking stalls come with block heaters.
    And we declare a climate emergency because it's getting warmer.
    Wake up Edmonton.

We all see that you are still having difficulties in differentiating between weather, seasons and climate change.

Such difficulty in understanding basic concepts but can boast about your prowess in science.

You are such a quack.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Default The TRUTH. Want to learn the truth about climate change?

Google, facebook, and youtube are interfering with your searches.
    "Without feedbacks, a doubling of CO2 would result in 1 C global warming, which is undisputed." Climate sensitivity, Wikipedia

Default The TRUTH. These guys are laughing at the climate change proposals.....

What's so funny?

These proposals are from people in power and want to run the US. And they have a large base supporting them.

Take this stuff seriously people, Edmonton itself has declared a "climate emergency", the crap in this video are the actual proposals.....

"Without feedbacks, a doubling of CO2 would result in 1 C global warming, which is undisputed." Climate sensitivity, Wikipedia

Default The TRUTH. CNN or fire ants, you decide.

Google, facebook, and youtube are interfering with your searches.
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Really short fingers...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Default The TRUTH. Tim Ball on his win against Micheal Mann

Looks like Tim Ball isn't finished. In this video he talks about his win against Weaver and Mann.
    Tim goes on to call the IPCC, Al Gore, Naomi Oreskes, John Cook, Maurice Strong, Queensland University, and others, frauds.
    Anybody else wanna sue Tim Ball?

"win" haahah as in nothing peer-reviewed, junk science, paper-napkin math Tim Ball and the rest of the deniers?
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Default The TRUTH. The CBC and other news organisations lie all day long about hurricanes......

Here's a scientist talking about hurricanes instead of the lying media........

Faux News?? I'm really starting to wonder about you.

What is the link between hurricanes and global warming?
    It is unclear whether global warming is increasing hurricane frequency but there is increasing evidence that warming increases hurricane intensity.
    Climate Myth...

Hurricanes aren't linked to global warming
    “According to the National Hurricane Center, storms are no more intense or frequent worldwide than they have been since 1850. […] Constant 24-7 media coverage of every significant storm worldwide just makes it seem that way.” (Paul Bedard)

There are two aspects to hurricane activity that are often confused so it helps to consider them separately. Specifically, does global warming cause more frequent hurricanes and does it cause more intense hurricanes?
    Hurricane frequency

In July 2007, a survey of hurricanes in the North Atlantic over the past century noted an increase in the number of observed hurricanes, concluding "increasing cyclone numbers has lead to a distinct trend in the number of major hurricanes and one that is clearly associated with greenhouse warming" (Holland 2007). However, this was refuted by an analysis of monitoring systems stating "improved monitoring in recent years is responsible for most, if not all, of the observed trend in increasing frequency of tropical cyclones"(Landsea 2007). In other words, the reason more hurricanes are being observed may be due to an improved ability to observe them, thanks to aircraft, radar and satellites.

Figure 1: History of the tropical storms, hurricanes, and major hurricanes (Category 3+) in the North Atlantic derived from the analysis of the National Hurricane Center (Global Warming Art).

The question of hurricane frequency was also addressed in a study that used climate models to simulate hurricane response to warming in the North Atlantic. Increasing temperature leads to an increase in vertical wind shear which may inhibit the formation of hurricanes (Vecchi 2007). Thus, the impact of global warming on hurricane frequency is one area requiring further research and more data.
    Hurricane Intensity

To determine whether warmer temperatures affect hurricane intensity, one study began by defining the potential destructiveness of a hurricane based on the dissipation of power, integrated over the lifetime of a hurricane (Emanuel 2005). The Power Dissipation Index is found to increase since the mid-1970s, due to both longer and more intense storms. Hurricane intensity is also highly correlated with sea surface temperature. This suggests that future warming will lead to an increase in the destructive potential of tropical hurricanes.

Figure 2: Smoothed Power Dissipation Index (dotted line, a measure of hurricane intensity) versus Tropical Atlantic Sea Surface Temperature (solid black line). (Emannuel 2005).

Global satellite data since 1981 can be used to extend analysis of hurricane intensity to each ocean, looking for any trend in wind speed (Elsner 2008). Figure 3 plots the long term trend in maximum wind speed (eg - whether hurricanes are getting stronger or weaker) against different strength hurricanes. This tells us not only whether hurricanes are overall getting stronger but also how different strength hurricanes are being affected. Overall, there is a statistically significant upward trend (the horizontal red line). But more significantly, Elsner found weaker hurricanes showed little to no trend while stronger hurricanes showed a greater upward trend. In other words, stronger hurricanes are getting stronger. This means that as sea temperatures continue to rise, the number of Category 4 and 5 hurricanes hitting land will inevitably increase. More on Elsner's paper...

Figure 3: Trends in tropical cyclone maximum wind speeds for different strength hurricanes. Uncertainty range is shown in grey. Solid red line is the overall trend, dashed red lines show 90% confidence range (
    Elsner 2008).

Intermediate rebuttal written by John Cook
    Last edited by Medwards; 04-09-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Default The TRUTH. Anybody want to take a global warming science class?

Available online. From Michael Mann.
    The guy who created the fraudulent hockey stick graph, sued everybody that called it a fraud, won't release the data, lost his lawsuit. Has to pay Tim Ball his court costs back. His lawyer says he won't. Also lied to a congressional science committee. A decade later we still don't have the data that created the hockey stick graph.

These are the "experts" promoting global warming, and offering classes on science.

Here's his course on science and global warming. Maybe it'll be taught to your kids in school along with the other global warming science classes..............

"About this course

Climate change is arguably the greatest challenge of our time. Human activity has already warmed the planet by one degree Celsius relative to pre-industrial times, and we are feeling the effects through record heat waves, droughts, wildfires and flooding. If we continue to burn fossil fuels at the current rate, the planet will reach two degrees of warming by 2050 - the threshold that many scientists have identified as a dangerous tipping point. What is the science behind these projections?

Join climate scientist expert Michael Mann to learn about the basic scientific principles............................."

https://www.edx.org/course/climate-c...-global-impact

Available online. From Michael Mann.
    The guy who created the fraudulent hockey stick graph, sued everybody that called it a fraud, won't release the data, lost his lawsuit. Has to pay Tim Ball his court costs back. His lawyer says he won't. Also lied to a congressional science committee. A decade later we still don't have the data that created the hockey stick graph.

These are the "experts" promoting global warming, and offering classes on science.

Here's his course on science and global warming. Maybe it'll be taught to your kids in school along with the other global warming science classes..............

"About this course

Climate change is arguably the greatest challenge of our time. Human activity has already warmed the planet by one degree Celsius relative to pre-industrial times, and we are feeling the effects through record heat waves, droughts, wildfires and flooding. If we continue to burn fossil fuels at the current rate, the planet will reach two degrees of warming by 2050 - the threshold that many scientists have identified as a dangerous tipping point. What is the science behind these projections?

Join climate scientist expert Michael Mann to learn about the basic scientific principles............................."

https://www.edx.org/course/climate-c...-global-impact
    Then deniers arent releasing their data either - because they dont even bother to collect data.

Default The TRUTH. Why Michael Mann won't release his data explained in a musical

Michael Mann wouldn't prove to the court his graph wasn't a fraud, and lost his libel suit against Tim Ball.

He now has to pay Tim Ball's court costs.

Mann's graph was featured in Al Gore's film for which Al received a Nobel prize. The IPCC also heavily featured Mann's graph, and it too received a Nobel prize.

Mann's graph also passed peer(pal) review and several investigations. If he's never released his data, what does that tell you about climate science?

The original icon of global warming, the hockey stick graph, is a fraud.

Here's why Michael Mann, a decade later, still won't release his data, explained in a song...........

Last edited by MrCombust; 06-09-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Default The TRUTH. Speaking of court cases...............

Peter Ridd was just awarded 1.2 million in damages from James Cook University.

James Cook University gets most of its funding from Australian Eco-cooks. Professor and scientist, Peter Ridd was harassed, and eventually fired, for saying the Great Barrier reef wasn't dead.

Default The TRUTH. Professor thinks storms are now man made............

Usually it's the media that constantly lies, but here's a professor telling people Caribbean storms are now man made.

Our Universities need to be cleaned out. Defunding, lawsuits, criminal fraud charges, whatever it takes.

MrCombust, your source is a fiction writer with no climate or weather education. Do you really believe that anyone takes her seriously. Looks like the interviewer is grilling her and doubting her claims. She is being shredded to pieces.

Tiphanie Yanique (born September 20, 197 from Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, is a Caribbean American fiction writer, poet and essayist who lives in New York. In 2010 the National Book Foundation named her a "5 Under 35" honoree. She also teaches creative writing, currently based at Emory University.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiphanie_Yanique

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 06-09-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Question for MrCombust:

Do you have any affiliation with realclimatescience.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    Question for MrCombust:

If you have any evidence at all CO2 is affecting the climate, post it. I sure hope you don't post the hockey stick graph again.

Question for MrCombust:

If you have any evidence at all CO2 is affecting the climate, post it. I sure hope you don't post the hockey stick graph again.
    Sorry but my question is do YOU have any involvement with that project/group/website?

Question for MrCombust:

Sorry but my question is do YOU have any involvement with that project/group/website?
    It usually doesn't bother me to answer such a question but past interactions with you indicate an insulting manner. I don't see this going anywhere good.

Question for MrCombust:

It usually doesn't bother me to answer such a question but past interactions with you indicate an insulting manner. I don't see this going anywhere good.
    Does this answer suggest you do have an involvement, but because you think I am insulting you, you don't want to confirm?

Stating facts insults MrCombust.

My intention never is to insult someone. I will go back to the other Climate thread and post my comment there.

Question for MrCombust:

Hahaha!!!!

OF COURSE that would be the response.

Oh my gosh youre a meany. My touchy soft-skinned feelings have been hurt. Though Im anonymous I cant speak THE TRUTH so I better use lame excuse #57.

Default The TRUTH. Cold kills 20X more people than heat.

Just one of numerous studies...................

What does that study have to do with climate change? Yes, people die from heat and cold. Nothing new there.

"Even if climate change was happening, which it isn't, it's not nearly as fatal as people seem to think it could be, but isn't because it doesn't exist in the first place."
    Giving less of a damn than ever Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122