Thread: Northlands president.C E O resigns

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Northlands president.C E O resigns

Go ahead, speed pass me... I'll meet you at the next red light.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

No surprise...Northlands is a shell of its former self, and he would definitely want a bit more stability...
    Since calm logic doesn't work, I guess it is time to employ sarcasm. ...and before you call me an a-hole...remember, I am a Dick.

Was he the numpty that said when they stopp calling Klondike Days Klondike Days just call it K-Days because the 'K' can mean anything.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

I'd rather C2E than work!

^ I guess the K suddenly stands for 'Kibosh' on his position.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Was he the numpty that said when they stopp calling Klondike Days Klondike Days just call it K-Days because the 'K' can mean anything.
    No..

..and the return of K-Days came from a contest...
    Since calm logic doesn't work, I guess it is time to employ sarcasm. ...and before you call me an a-hole...remember, I am a Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    No..

..and the return of K-Days came from a contest...
    Where every participant very likely assumed a return to using K-Days meant Klondike Days just like it used to.

(The executive might just as well have added that as far as they were concerned any letter out of the alphabet would have been just as good.)
    Last edited by KC; 19-01-2018 at 08:08 PM.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Possibly...but from what Anderson told me...there was no public desire to go back to the "Klondike" motif.

...they just wanted to still call it K-Days...sigh

The issue with letting the masses, fresh with nostalgia, decide your fate...

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    Possibly...but from what Anderson told me...there was no public desire to go back to the "Klondike" motif.

...they just wanted to still call it K-Days...sigh

The issue with letting the masses, fresh with nostalgia, decide your fate...
    Yeah, did they ask in the vote or put Klondike on the ballot? No. But they could say that the voters weren’t thinking K-Days-Klondike-days. It was simply very disingenuous of them to later say K-Days could stand for anything. (It’s pulling things like this a.k.a “slight of hand”, “getting off on a technicality”, etc. that reveals the motives and character of people and whether one sees them as trustworthy. )

When someone thinks BMO, RBC, CIBC are they just letters? Only legally.

Anyway it’s ancient history now.

More recently (from the article posted above) - enjoy*.

“Northlands needed a leader we knew could navigate the uncertainty. In just over three years, Tim took Northlands through a historic transformation that has carved out a new path for our future,” Northlands board chairman Geoff Oberg said in a news release Friday, thanking Reid for his work.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...nd-ceo-resigns
    Bolding mine

Note to former Sears employees: Keep this wording in mind for use on your resumes. If the guys at the top of the ladder can regularly employ such fantastical creative writing skills to applause, why not you? You also went through a “historic transformation” that carved a new path for your future!
    Last edited by KC; 20-01-2018 at 08:32 AM.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

KC:

Yeah, did they ask in the vote or put Klondike on the ballot? No. But they could say that the voters weren’t thinking K-Days-Klondike-days. It was simply very disingenuous of them to later say K-Days could stand for anything.
    Kinda like those people who tell you a joke with a really dirty or racist pun, and then, when the joke bombs due to its offensiveness, say, "Oh, that's just one interpretation of what it could mean".

And while I truly do love Edmonton, ya really gotta wonder: How can a city with any sense of culture or history fail to come up with a relevant theme for a summer festival?

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Well,

They have a couple...but there are more complex issues (such as infighting between some of the major festivals, territorial activities, etc) that get in the way...

@KC, I am not defending the decision, in fact, the meeting I had with Anderson was more trying to understand the approach. I won't go into details, and the "disingenuous" part is not really deserved...let's just say this was mired in politics of both a NP Society and integration with municipal pressures of all stripes. This was the end result of a bad decision on the CapEx bit that kept on giving...