Thread: Enbridge Tower - 10201 Jasper Ave. - 250 Suite Upscale Suite Hotel

Default Enbridge Tower - 10201 Jasper Ave. - 250 Suite Upscale Extended Stay Hotel

This will be a conversion from commercial office to a 250 room upscale internationally branded extended stay hotel - a first for downtown Edmonton. More details to come in the coming months.
    Last edited by alambie; 03-02-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Interesting. Definitely a great location. Short walk to the ICE district and a lot of great places for food and drink in between.

I'd rather C2E than work!

I think there is demand for an extended stay hotel in the downtown, especially if it's a well known name brand. Good location for it no doubt.

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    I think there is demand for an extended stay hotel in the downtown, especially if it's a well known name brand. Good location for it no doubt.
    What kinda love do you think the tower will get? Anything street level? A reclad?
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Nice!!! This is exactly what the downtown needs! I hope the tower gets recladded.

I think street level definitely needs improvment. Also would like to see a new glass roof with lighting if possible.

C2E Continued Contributor

Isn't that what the Coast Edmonton Tower and Alberta Place Suites Hotel were targeting?

I don't think this one needs a re-clad, unless it's for efficiency purposes. A good pressure wash and then pump those dollars into street level remodelling, and I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G View Post
    What kinda love do you think the tower will get? Anything street level? A reclad?
    It will definitely get podium level updates and a good cleaning. We will release our renders in a few months time.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Exciting times.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

C2E SME

Overall this is one of the nicer older towers but definitely some podium updates would be really nice to see. Ideally it would be really nice to see some better interaction with the sidewalk, even as simple as not having all the windows curtained off.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

More people living/staying right on Jasper is fantastic. Excited for updates.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by alambie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G View Post
    It will definitely get podium level updates and a good cleaning. We will release our renders in a few months time.
    Awesome! Looking forward to those!

This must be away off as one of my clients is moving offices to this building due to renovations in another AIMCO owned building they lease in.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    This must be away off as one of my clients is moving offices to this building due to renovations in another AIMCO owned building they lease in.
    The conversion will start this summer.

Interesting. My client only has a small footprint, so perhaps they are able to do the conversions while there's still office tenants on other floors? Or the conversion is only taking up part of the building?

I literally just had this office move come across my desk last week - to take place in June - so very curious.

Interesting.

Not good in the sense there wasn't enough absorption for the office space, requiring them to convert the unused space to hotel space.

Good in the sense will bring in out of towners who disproportionately spend more money and time on the streets - I suspect the core will benefit.

How does one retrofit per-suite washrooms into what was per-floor washrooms in a conversion like this?
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Interesting. My client only has a small footprint, so perhaps they are able to do the conversions while there's still office tenants on other floors? Or the conversion is only taking up part of the building?

I literally just had this office move come across my desk last week - to take place in June - so very curious.
    Could this be in another Enbridge building? There's the new one with the Enbridge name, but before that there was this one and one other. I don't think it would make sense for them to take new office clients if they're going hotel.

But then there's the Financial Building going residential on some floors and not on others so who knows.
    There can only be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    How does one retrofit per-suite washrooms into what was per-floor washrooms in a conversion like this?
    Marcel is your guy for this answer, but with a ton of coring and a lot of new piping.
    www.decl.org

C2E SME

A significant portion of the mechanical systems in a building like this would have to be ripped out and installed new. Depending on how old the systems are, in some cases, basically everything will need to be replaced. And often you'll even need new services for water and drainage, given the significantly different usage and demands. It's not simple, that's for sure.

It'll be interesting to see what becomes of the "attic" in the peaked portion of the building. There's some serious potential there for something extremely unique, if it can be made to work.

^bingo
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post

Could this be in another Enbridge building? There's the new one with the Enbridge name, but before that there was this one and one other. I don't think it would make sense for them to take new office clients if they're going hotel.

But then there's the Financial Building going residential on some floors and not on others so who knows.
    Yes, after talking with my client and a PM with Alambie, my client is moving to Enbridge place, not tower.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by alambie View Post
    The conversion will start this summer.
    i'm excited about this project and it's positive impact on the core both for the reduction in office vacancy and the additional use/activity that will take its place.

i'm even more excited to read about a permitting and approval process that will allow the conversion to start this summer!

any chance you could share the process with the rest of us?
    Last edited by kcantor; 05-02-2018 at 05:27 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

I'd rather C2E than work!

At the Ten (a 70's era commercial bldg), the washrooms are raised to allow room for plumbing.
    ... gobsmacked

Wow! That is a very nice exterior re-do!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

That did not look like a redo of the building to me. It looked like a new tower beside the old place.

Sure does. It looks like it might have been from a couple years back when landlords and developers were competing to be Enbridge's new location.

Looks like an interesting proposal, and I like Manulife II in there too. Odd that the description is that it's residential, because it sure doesn't look it.
    There can only be one.

Quote Originally Posted by SP59 View Post
    That did not look like a redo of the building to me. It looked like a new tower beside the old place.
    Yup, you're right. Jumped the gun on that one.

^bingo.

It was Procura's offer to the Enbridge RFP.
    www.decl.org

I didn't realize there was a space on top. I thought it was just an enclosed point.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    I didn't realize there was a space on top. I thought it was just an enclosed point.
    It's just an empty space as of now, yes.