Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Another school shooting - Florida - Valentine's Day 2018 - gun control in the USA

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    The girl he was stalking ( since 2011) was on global, boy she was terrified of him,.
    More here:

Woman stalked by Capital Gazette shooting suspect lived in fear of him

https://nypost.com/2018/07/02/woman-...n-fear-of-him/

Exclusive: Accused Annapolis shooter Jarrod Ramos had dark links to the alt-right | Salon.com

“Hutson noted, he referred to himself as a crusader. ”

https://www.salon.com/2018/06/30/exc...the-alt-right/
    Poor woman, it's terrible to be stalked, scary, very scary...

The girl he was stalking ( since 2011) was on global, boy she was terrified of him,.
    More here:

Exclusive: Accused Annapolis shooter Jarrod Ramos had dark links to the alt-right | Salon.com

I can’t even really comprehend how such negatively orientated obsessiveness can possess these guy’s minds. Similarly the reasoning behind guys that seem to think their ex wives, girlfriends etc are their possessions or property and so they can attack or harm them seems inexplicable to me. The whole honour killing crap (culturally based or the comparable North American version)....

I say the same about some women obsessed with bad boys. These guys can beat them and the girls instead of running away, are even more attracted to them. Some even contact convicted murderers and they send fan mail and marriage proposals to men they have never met. Creepy.

Why Do Murderers Get Mailbags Full of Love Letters and Marriage Proposals?
    https://www.alternet.org/story/14734...iage_proposals
    Crime writer Diane Fanning isn't surprised. She has seen love letters flooding the inboxes of serial killers about whom she's written books. "A lot of women know that they'll never get a one-on-one communication with a movie star or a sports star. But contact a killer and hey, he might write back."

For some women, it's a self-esteem issue, Fanning says. "They believe that they don't deserve anything better than a social reject. They look at someone who is hated by the world, and they can relate."

Some women surprise themselves by genuinely bonding with men who happen to be convicted killers. That's what happened to Publishers Weekly editor Bridget Kinsella, who fell in love with an inmate after reading his unpublished memoir. Her memoir is the poignant Visiting Life(Harmony, 2007).

Yet others aim to change and save the killers they embrace — a fruitless mission, psychologist Aamodt warns. "They feel like redeeming angels," says my friend who works with the prison system. "It's so sad."

Katrina Montgomery was an intelligent, beautiful, 20-year-old college student — "yet she was attracted to Justin Merriman, who was everything she wasn't," says Robert Scott, who wrote about the pair in his book Dangerous Attraction (Pinnacle, 2003). "She had been raised in an upper-middle-class home, went to Catholic schools ... and was surrounded by all the comforts of an upwardly mobile Southern California lifestyle. Justin came from a broken home on the 'other side of the tracks' and was deeply into the angry world of a neo-Nazi gang called the Skin Head Dogs." Given to praising Hitler, Merriman was okay-looking, if you like roundish heads and thick mustaches.
    No shortage of women who dream of snaring a husband on Death Row / Experts ponder why deadliest criminals get so many proposals
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...-a-2689657.php
    Scott Peterson, the man who was convicted of murdering his wife and unborn child, had been on Death Row barely an hour when the first proposal arrived from a woman who wants to be the new Mrs. Scott Peterson.

Three dozen phone calls came in to the warden's office on Peterson's first day at his new home in San Quentin State Prison -- women were pleading for his mailing address, and one smitten 18-year-old said she wanted to marry him.

As far as anyone knows, these women don't really know Peterson -- and unlike Laci Peterson, they certainly haven't spent any time with him, usually a requisite for getting married -- but, according to several experts on the world of the condemned, it doesn't really matter.
    What matters is the allure of marrying a notorious man, regardless of the fact that he may well end his days with a state-approved needle sticking out of his arm. There's the danger of it all, and, ultimately, the safety of it: If things go wrong, the wife can walk away.

"They love the celebrity status," said Jack Levin, a criminologist who is director of the Brudnick Center on Violence at Northeastern University in Boston. Levin is co-author of the book "Extreme Killing: Understanding Serial and Mass Murder," which explores, among other things, what Levin called "killer groupies."
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

More here:

I can’t even really comprehend how such negatively orientated obsessiveness can possess these guy’s minds. Similarly the reasoning behind guys that seem to think their ex wives, girlfriends etc are their possessions or property and so they can attack or harm them seems inexplicable to me. The whole honour killing crap (culturally based or the comparable North American version)....
    It's a very scary time..because you just never know when that person will a) show up or b) phone you over and over and over ! The piece of paper telling him to stay away does absolutely no good at all, plus he could easily overpower me..
    I was lucky, the law firm I worked for , actually helped me move, they told him in no uncertain terms to stay away, or he would end up in jail

I changed my handle on here for a reason, something happened one day, and it took me back to a time I dont care to think about. I asked admin, and thankfully they were okay with changing my handle to HL..

And yet, in spite of your own personal experience with such a horrible person, you're an outspoken supporter of the man who said this:

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/u...ranscript.html
    Or the sort of guy that would do this:

In a 2015 column in the U.K. paper The Sunday Times, former British TV anchor Selina Scott wrote that Trump saw Diana as “the ultimate trophy wife,” and tried to woo her after her divorce from Prince Charles in 1996, sending huge bouquets to the newly single princess’s London home at Kensington Palace.

“As the roses and orchids piled up at her apartment she became increasingly concerned about what she should do. It had begun to feel as if Trump was stalking her,” Scott wrote, adding that Diana personally asked the former TV anchor: “What am I going to do? He gives me the creeps.”

https://people.com/politics/donald-t...ern-interview/
    Why is it acceptable for him to do this but unacceptable for other people?

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    And yet, in spite of your own personal experience with such a horrible person, you're an outspoken supporter of the man who said this:

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/u...ranscript.html
    Or the sort of guy that would do this:

In a 2015 column in the U.K. paper The Sunday Times, former British TV anchor Selina Scott wrote that Trump saw Diana as “the ultimate trophy wife,” and tried to woo her after her divorce from Prince Charles in 1996, sending huge bouquets to the newly single princess’s London home at Kensington Palace.

“As the roses and orchids piled up at her apartment she became increasingly concerned about what she should do. It had begun to feel as if Trump was stalking her,” Scott wrote, adding that Diana personally asked the former TV anchor: “What am I going to do? He gives me the creeps.”

https://people.com/politics/donald-t...ern-interview/
    Why is it acceptable for him to do this but unacceptable for other people?

Do shut up you imbecile..I don;t support the man who went in and killed anyone, stop twisting my words, for your own sick agenda!

I'm not talking about the shooter.

I am seriously wondering why you would support a man who treats women the way Trump does based on your own experience. Why are you so willing to overlook his obvious horrible treatment of women. His continual belittlement of them and his treatment of women as if they're a prize to be won.

Do celebrities get a pass? Or is it politicians? Or someone who's rich? Why condemn the unacceptable behaviour of one but not the other? Do his political positions alone allow you to overlook his behaviour? "Sure, he's horrible towards women but I really like his tax plans".

kkozoriz, the Trump Cult followers cannot explain their obsession...

They know he lies and they believe him.
    They know he is a sex predator but they defend him.
    They know he is a fraud but they trust him.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Because his right to his guns is seen as more valid than her right to live.

Alabama woman gunned down by abusive ex-husband after judge let him keep his weapons

judge in Ardmore, Alabama twice denied Debra Ann Rivera protective orders against her ex-husband, Darwin Brazier — including requests that his firearms be taken away from him due to alleged stalking. On Sunday, Brazier killed Rivera, two other people and himself.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/ala...-keep-weapons/

I'm not talking about the shooter.

I am seriously wondering why you would support a man who treats women the way Trump does based on your own experience. Why are you so willing to overlook his obvious horrible treatment of women. His continual belittlement of them and his treatment of women as if they're a prize to be won.

Do celebrities get a pass? Or is it politicians? Or someone who's rich? Why condemn the unacceptable behaviour of one but not the other? Do his political positions alone allow you to overlook his behaviour? "Sure, he's horrible towards women but I really like his tax plans".
    I don't support him. I sometimes agree with him, a lot of the times I don't.,this thread IS about the shooter! Omg!!!

I don't support our very own groper either! Get it???

Yeah, you don't support him. Right.

Be hard pressed to demonstrate that.

He's not even in my country! Get- a - life!

That has not stopped you one bit in defending him. You can't ignore all that you posted in his support. Who are you really, Sarah Sanders or Kelly Anne Conway?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

That has not stopped you one bit in defending him. You can't ignore all that you posted in his support. Who are you really, Sarah Sanders or Kelly Anne Conway?
    Are you putting women down, like Sarah Sanders? Does that make you feel like more of a man...? eunuch ?

That is not what I said and you know it. Nice logical fallacy attack. You are totally nuts. And even the cashews are offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    That is not what I said and you know it. Nice logical fallacy attack. You are totally nuts. And even the cashews are offended.
    Ha! run riddles round you with logic..

Because it can never be about the guns and the easy access to them, can it?

McConnell says there isn't much federal government can do about school shootings

On Tuesday, U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he doesn't think Congress can do much to address the issue.

“I don’t think at the federal level there’s much that we can do other than appropriate funds,” McConnell told a group of community leaders in Danville Tuesday.

---
    Meanwhile, little action has been taken to address the issue on a state level. The legislature established a study group on school safety after the legislative session wrapped up and a bill that would have required mental health counselors in schools, HB 604, died in the Senate.

For his part, Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin has focused on the "culture" around gun violence. In a video after the Marshall County shooting, he blamed a "culture of death" in America and attributed the violence to video games, films, television and social media.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politi...214224494.html

Because it can never be about the guns and the easy access to them, can it?

McConnell says there isn't much federal government can do about school shootings

On Tuesday, U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he doesn't think Congress can do much to address the issue.

“I don’t think at the federal level there’s much that we can do other than appropriate funds,” McConnell told a group of community leaders in Danville Tuesday.

---
    Meanwhile, little action has been taken to address the issue on a state level. The legislature established a study group on school safety after the legislative session wrapped up and a bill that would have required mental health counselors in schools, HB 604, died in the Senate.

For his part, Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin has focused on the "culture" around gun violence. In a video after the Marshall County shooting, he blamed a "culture of death" in America and attributed the violence to video games, films, television and social media.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politi...214224494.html

Ah, video games ... the politics of distraction once again. It can never be about the real issue, because they don't want to talk about or deal with it. Funny how the US has managed to successfully export its violent culture to the rest of the world through video games, films, television and social media, but those places with better gun laws don't seem to have as much gun violence or school shootings. However, I doubt many Americans realize that.

Video games are banned in Japan, South Korea and Canada and that is why they don't have any crime.

No really, it was on Faux News so it must be true. Really, every one knows that. Guns are not the problem. Video games are. Really.
    Signed the NRA

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789