Thread: Olympic assholetes and other travelling embarrassments to Canada

Default Olympic assholetes and other travelling embarrassments to Canada

All I can say is; make them pay their own way home.

As a taxpayer I’m tired of subsidizing people that can’t even muster the most basic decency when the world is watching them.

Canadian freestyle skier Dave Duncan, manager arrested for allegedly stealing car, driving drunk at 2018 Winter Games - National | Globalnews.ca

https://globalnews.ca/news/4045453/c...-winter-games/
    Last edited by KC; 24-02-2018 at 08:04 AM.

C2E SME

Some Russians are still testing positive for drugs. But I like these Olympics, given the range of sports that Canada is winning medals.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    Some Russians are still testing positive for drugs. But I like these Olympics, given the range of sports that Canada is winning medals.
    Yeah, everyone likes winning, so it’s not always how you play the game - especially to those non-athletes and their vested interests.

Winter Olympics: Russian doping whistleblower Grigory Rodchenkov’s IOC warning
    Exclusive by Dan Roan
    BBC sports editor
    23 February 2018 Winter Olympics

The BBC travelled to a secret location in the US to meet Grigory Rodchenkov, the former head of Moscow's anti-doping laboratory, who is living under witness protection.

In his first international broadcast interview since defecting, the 59-year-old whistleblower insisted on wearing a face mask to conceal his new identity because of a perceived security threat from Russian agents.

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) faces "the most important moment in its history" when it decides whether to allow Russian athletes to parade with their national flag at Sunday's closing ceremony of the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, says Russian doping whistleblower Grigory Rodchenkov.

Letting them do so would be the IOC's "worst decision", he said.

Rodchenkov also said that "the Olympics could die" if radical reforms to support the fight for clean sport are not made.

The former head of Moscow's anti-doping laboratory said the IOC was "falsifying" the anti-doping movement, which he said is also being "sabotaged by international sporting federations". ...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/43166761

Bolding mine
    Last edited by KC; 24-02-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks for posting the thread KC. Pretty disgusted with this. I guess we're the "ugly americans" this time (I'm being facetious) because lobotomized 35, and 48 yr old men representing their country decided that it was somehow Ok to steal a hummer while it sat idling. I believe from pictures I've seen they even crashed it. Or parked it very curiously when they left it.

Agreed entirely. Kick them off the team. Effective immediately. Ban them from any future representation of Canada and have them make their own arrangements home. Why should Canada pay 5cents for these bozos.

Now all that said if this was maybe an 18 or 20 yr old or something hooting it up and getting drunk out of their heads maybe I could see it. An age sometimes bereft of inhibition and reason. But these are middle aged adults doing this.

Do these people have priors? I'd almost wonder.

The coach is the son of Nancy Greene, famous Olympic skier and current Senator. So some immature adult that has had a life of nonstop privilege, wealth, and everything they could possibly want, and in a position of authority, and responsibility, and national focus, doing this. So not only ramifcations for Canadian Olympic team but the Senator as well. Nancy Greenes name besmirched by her apparently irresponsible son. Who probably even owes his mom for his role with Canadian Olympic team in the first place.

I'm sensing some failures to launch here. Adult children.

A bit more info coming out, and just to indicate as well this is world wide news;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-Hummer.html

So he coach. Willy Raine, in a position of responsibility is driving grossly impaired at .16BAC. Over 3times the legal limit.
    Last edited by Replacement; 24-02-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

As a taxpayer Iím tired of subsidizing people that canít even muster the most basic decency when the world is watching them.

Canadian freestyle skier Dave Duncan, manager arrested for allegedly stealing car, driving drunk at 2018 Winter Games - National | Globalnews.ca

I agree, the ugly ( drunk) Canadian..

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post

As a taxpayer Iím tired of subsidizing people that canít even muster the most basic decency when the world is watching them.

Whats uglier? This? Or our selfie PM playing dress up in India?.......the latter is way more internationally embarrassing.......

Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post

As a taxpayer I’m tired of subsidizing people that can’t even muster the most basic decency when the world is watching them.

Whats uglier? This? Or our selfie PM playing dress up in India?.......the latter is way more internationally embarrassing.......
    They are both embarrassing and ugly! The latter is a complete putz..

Just the good ol' boyz...