Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: TransCanada Pipeline to relocate to Houston?

  1. #1
    C2E Junkie *
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,766
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default TransCanada Pipeline to relocate to Houston?

    I was having dinner with a friend who has a lot of work via TCPL...was told yesterday that TCPL will announce they are pulling out of Canada...he and his company should prepare to lose the contracts they have....

    Anyone else heard this or is this just conjecture?
    Since calm logic doesn't work, I guess it is time to employ sarcasm. ...and before you call me an a-hole...remember, I am a Dick.

  2. #2
    C2E Posting Power
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, ab
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    I was having dinner with a friend who has a lot of work via TCPL...was told yesterday that TCPL will announce they are pulling out of Canada...he and his company should prepare to lose the contracts they have....

    Anyone else heard this or is this just conjecture?
    Nope...the company I contract to spends a days worth of allowance with them....I'll ask around the ivory tower in Calgary. Head office maybe? Can't see them shutting Canadian operations....

  3. #3

    Default

    With the tax changes in the US, and tax breaks offered to latge corporations to locate in their State, (read Amazon...) anything is possible. Just because 'Canada' is in the name means little if they can get a windfall corporate welfare cheque by moving to the US.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  4. #4
    C2E Junkie *
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,766
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post

    Nope...the company I contract to spends a days worth of allowance with them....I'll ask around the ivory tower in Calgary. Head office maybe? Can't see them shutting Canadian operations....
    This was the jist...HQ and approx. 10K jobs in YYC....

    The operations stay...

    Still...only a rumour
    Since calm logic doesn't work, I guess it is time to employ sarcasm. ...and before you call me an a-hole...remember, I am a Dick.

  5. #5

    Default

    Last week in the Financial Post there was a piece by Ted Morton where he mentioned TransCanada are investigating a head office move to Houston.

  6. #6
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    4,004

    Default



    Basically TransCanada's big f-you for kayboshing Energy East.
    Last edited by Top_Dawg; 13-03-2018 at 08:46 AM.

  7. #7
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    5,564

    Default

    Actually ... it was Trump's sign-off on Keystone that kyboshed Energy East.

    That said, did you say 10K jobs in YYC Richard????

    Yeeouch.
    ... gobsmacked

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
    Actually ... it was Trump's sign-off on Keystone that kyboshed Energy East.

    That said, did you say 10K jobs in YYC Richard????

    Yeeouch.
    Doubt it, according to wiki, they have 7,200 employees spread across Canada, Mexico and the United States

    Only a large portion in Calgary

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TransCanada_Corporation
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  9. #9
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  10. #10
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    4,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
    Actually ... it was Trump's sign-off on Keystone that kyboshed Energy East.

    That said, did you say 10K jobs in YYC Richard????

    Yeeouch.
    Energy east was always plan “b”. When plan “a” was back it became superfluous to our needs. The only use it has now is propaganda for the UCP and those short sighted people who want to hate.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •