Thread: Edmonton Airshow wins award

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Default Edmonton Airshow wins award

We won the "Outstanding Live Event over 10,000" (people) at last night's Edmonton Event Awards.

It was great to get recognition amongst our peers. Now, we need to grow this exponentially...
    President and CEO - Airshow.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Thanks!

C2E Continued Contributor

Congratulations, Richard - well done!
    Almost always open to debate...

Hi Richard, sorry if this is has been covered or picking at a scab but does the Airshow receive 'support' of any kind from the City? I'm going to assume yes in some capacity but thought I'd ask with all this talk of Crashed Ice and the wonder that it is or can become and there is significant City contribution to that event. Not looking for any dirt just information. Thanks.
    He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Congrats!
    Yes congratulations!!!

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bpeters View Post
    Hi Richard, sorry if this is has been covered or picking at a scab but does the Airshow receive 'support' of any kind from the City? I'm going to assume yes in some capacity but thought I'd ask with all this talk of Crashed Ice and the wonder that it is or can become and there is significant City contribution to that event. Not looking for any dirt just information. Thanks.
    The 100% accurate answer is yes. We received regional Park and Ride transit support from the CoE, and also support to launch our first Military Appreciation event downtown. The Military Support event will try to grow into a full Tattoo, and once we break free of some of the regional governance issues, we can look at what else.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Yes congratulations!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidnorwoodink View Post
    Congratulations, Richard - well done!
    Thank you both.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bpeters View Post
    The 100% accurate answer is yes. We received regional Park and Ride transit support from the CoE, and also support to launch our first Military Appreciation event downtown. The Military Support event will try to grow into a full Tattoo, and once we break free of some of the regional governance issues, we can look at what else.
    That's great to hear. Congrats on the award and recognition. Keep up the good work.
    He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Wow! You beat the Folk Festival!? Increadible!

I guess we can look forward now to the moniker "The Award Winning Edmonton Airshow!"

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Well, I am not sure if they were an early nominee, but out of the finalists...we were selected.

I'll hold off on the moniker until we win another...if we win another. We have a lot of work ahead of us, especially since the politics of having the Edmonton Airshow outside the city limits keeps rearing its head.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Well done Richard!!!

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Thank you very much.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    Well, I am not sure if they were an early nominee, but out of the finalists...we were selected.

I'll hold off on the moniker until we win another...if we win another. We have a lot of work ahead of us, especially since the politics of having the Edmonton Airshow outside the city limits keeps rearing its head.

Hard to avoid having it outside the city limits.

Congratulations on the award.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Congratulations Rich and crew. Bravo!
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Thanks Ian!

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SP59 View Post

Hard to avoid having it outside the city limits.

(...)
    True enough, and we did have one civic administrator ask us if we could do this downtown...

..I immediately said "don't"...and just smiled. However, we are launching events in Edmonton to coincide with the Airshow. Last year saw us pilot the Military Appreciation Night in conjunction with 700 Wing. We are looking to make that a Tattoo soon. Last year, it was at the Leg grounds as Churchill was unavailable. It may stay there, or move elsewhere depending on how this goes.

I get why they can't do things outside the city right now, but things are changing. Old habits will hopefully be modified with the Edmonton Global strategy. As it is, the vast majority of our spend is within Edmonton (hotels, car rentals, catering by Sawmill, etc)...so we really do have a significant impact and it will grow.