Thread: Brewery District North | 3 Towers up to 17 Storeys | Proposed

Default Brewery District North | 3 Towers up to 17 Storeys | Proposed

Near this development?

Job No 265489713-002
    Description: To construct 171 Dwellings of Apartment Housing (tower 1 of 3, phase 1 of 3) - 17 Storeys with underground Parkade.
    Plan 1425753 Blk 21 Lot 3
    Applicant: NORR ARCHITECTS ENGINEERS PLANNERS, CHRISTIAAN
    Create Date: 4/16/2018 2:09:11 PM

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

This is 17 stories now, or is that a combination of 3 towers(also 3 towers and not 2 now?)?

Edit: Sorry, I realize this is next to the development now. Thanks Gizmo.

^ Brewery District North, I believe. one of two towers proposed right behind Loblaws.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    There's a fair chance one of the three towers on that site will start in a year or two, as well.
    Marcel potentially called it...

Are there any renderings for this?

C2E SME

None that I've seen publicly. NORR's a very good architect. But it's not a glass tower that will knock anyone's socks off.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Good to hear though as that area continues to bulk up in preparation for LRT.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    None that I've seen publicly. NORR's a very good architect. But it's not a glass tower that will knock anyone's socks off.
    Looking at some of their past projects I'm encouraged. Hoping we see something publicly soon.

With addresses like 10505 and 10507 - 121 Street that suggests they are west of 121 St. which puts them at the plot of land northwest of City Market and east of the Steelworkers building that's been undeveloped (and then a hole) for about a decade, no? Google does place that address behind City Market though, which I think is wrong, or am I confused about how addressing works around there?
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Using Google Maps is the wrong way to find the address, as has been explained over & over every time someone tries to use it & fails.

It's quite clearly the property directly N of City Market.

Last edited by noodle; 18-04-2018 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Changed screenshot to one more illustrative & less confusing.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

^^ Odd numbers are on the west, so this time Google is right.
    There can only be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    ^^ Odd numbers are on the west, so this time Google is right.
    No, it's not.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    .....Google does place that address behind City Market though...
    I didn't check google myself, but from the above it seems to be ok and it's spudly's internal reckoning that's not working.
    There can only be one.

Ah yeah, my bad. My point stands about using Google Maps to figure out where permits correspond to, given that you can get the information directly from the source themselves, the CoE.

I think there's a bit of confusion about the addresses. The two addresses being discussed in this thread are not 10505 and 10507 - 121 Street as mentioned above. They are 10507 - 121 Street and 10505 - 122 Street. Both of which show up exactly where they should on Google Maps.

Also, on streets, the odd numbered places are on the east side, even numbers are on the west.

Ah yes I made a mistake. I grew up with the long-side of a block running east-west. So the 10505 - 122 St. is the old pit? I've seen some activity there lately.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

C2E SME

It's not an "old pit". They only started the excavation in the fall I believe. It does seem to be dragging on, though.