Thread: Collector Cars (and vehicles) around Edmonton

Default Collector Cars (and vehicles) around Edmonton

Curious what are the most interesting old cars, trucks, bikes etc people have spotted or are aware of around Edmonton

...and your thoughts on old cars.

The 1928 Porter used in My Mother the Car is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and owned by Dave Bodnar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Mother_the_Car#The_car

C2E SME

Probably one of the rarest would be a BMW M1 (not a 1 series M!). There's only a couple hundred of them in the world. Personally I'm not too much of a fan of "old" cars. The M1 is from the late 70's, and while it was a supercar in it's day, it's a pig today. Cars have come so far even in the last 10 years. I can appreciate the styling of particular models, but as far as the actual driving experience or performance go, most anything from before the 90's is awful.

One of the rarest would have been one of the first 16 Jaguar XK-120s that Jaguar produced to test the market. All-aluminum body, built only for dealer showrooms, so well-received that Jaguar went ahead with the XK series (in steel), most notable of which is the XK-E that so many covet. It sat in storage (and litigation) for a number of years before being restored and sold to an American collector.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    One of the rarest would have been one of the first 16 Jaguar XK-120s that Jaguar produced to test the market. All-aluminum body, built only for dealer showrooms, so well-received that Jaguar went ahead with the XK series (in steel), most notable of which is the XK-E that so many covet. It sat in storage (and litigation) for a number of years before being restored and sold to an American collector.
    I may have known the person that had this. He had a really rare and special Jag he’d picked up when he was young. (An engineer.) It was sold in the early ‘90s I believe to an American collector. Unfortunately at the moment I can’t recall the guy’s name or what made his car so unique.
    Last edited by KC; 14-05-2018 at 01:45 PM.

I got to know about it in the early 90s when it was still here and in litigation and it wasn't sold until the late 90s at the earliest. It was owned by a doctor throughout its litigation and I knew the lien-holder and wrote a few letters for him to various parties. Unfortunately he's gone now so I can't ask about it.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...