Thread: Edmonton’s Aurora Cannabis buys MedReleaf for $3.2-billion, becoming ‘largest cannabis producer in t

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Edmonton’s Aurora Cannabis buys MedReleaf for $3.2-billion, becoming ‘largest cannabis producer in t

https://www.thestar.com/amp/edmonton...mpression=true
    The company has moved its headquarters from Vancouver to founder Terry Booth’s hometown of Edmonton, buying office space downtown.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

C2E Long Term Contributor

LOVE that they are expanding and are in our Downtown.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I thought you would be. I wonder what office they plan on buying? Or is that a misprint? Maybe Stantec’s office on 112 street.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

C2E SME

Sloppy writing, most likely.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

As of today's close of market, Aurora had a market capitalization of $4.37 billion.

To put that into perspective, Edmonton's former largest publicly traded company, Stantec, has a market cap of $3.8 billion.

Very big news in the corporate world for YEG and mostly not covered in local media.

It's been well covered in the local media for the past many months. Fox News isn't local media.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    It's been well covered in the local media for the past many months. Fox News isn't local media.
    Really? Where are the interviews with senior management? Analysis of trajectory? No coverage of planned mergers until after they happened. Coverage of their international growth? Expert opinion on aspects of their business? Stock coverage? That is what should be covered in local media when you have a large corporate presence in a city. Newspapers have been completely eviscerated by facebook and google, and facebook and google aren't providing that type of local coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    LOVE that they are expanding and are in our Downtown.
    imagine if they expand beyond THC content?
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AAAAE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Really? Where are the interviews with senior management? Analysis of trajectory? No coverage of planned mergers until after they happened. Coverage of their international growth? Expert opinion on aspects of their business? Stock coverage? That is what should be covered in local media when you have a large corporate presence in a city. Newspapers have been completely eviscerated by facebook and google, and facebook and google aren't providing that type of local coverage.
    This is Edmonton... local newscasts can only include information about the latest homicide investigation and good news feel good stories about the local 10 year old girl who survives some terrible cancer. And stories about weather. That is all.

C2E Continued Contributor

^ Global News has 18 articles on Aurora Cannabis that have been posted since the beginning of 2018, or about one story per week. This includes an on-air interview with their CEO from about a month ago. Local coverage has not been lacking

https://globalnews.ca/search/aurora%20cannabis/

Default Aurora Cannabis' $290-billion deal to buy ICC Labs fuels surge in marijuana stocks

The $290 million deal is the latest in an acquisition spree that has seen Aurora buy at least 10 companies in the past two years. Aurora shares gained as much as 4.1 per cent, while ICC added 5.6 per cent in intraday trading in Toronto.

Vancouver-based ICC has more than 70 per cent of the market share in Uruguay, which was the first country in the world to legalize recreational cannabis. It also holds Colombian licenses to produce medical marijuana and has an agreement to export cannabidiol products to Mexico. The company’s current and under-construction facilities will bring its production capacity to an estimated 450,000 kilograms (992,000 pounds) per year.

I am sure they mean million not billion.

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis/aurora-cannabiss-290-billion-deal-to-buy-icc-labs-fuels-surge-in-marijuana-stocks/wcm/d4322899-c484-46d4-97c7-0fc5c572707a

290 Billion!!! ha ha ha!
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

That's Aurora 's subtle clue where they planned to reach for the phase lol . Jokingly aside, iPhone is valued at over 1 trillion, so I wonder how long it would take these guys to be valued at 320 billion?

No, no... APPLE is worth over 1 trillion... the iPhone is one of their products.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Yes. I was just being facetious as that is what drove Apple to that status.

Default Coca-Cola is eyeing the cannabis market; report says in talks with Aurora

Coca-Cola Co. says it’s monitoring the nascent industry and is interested in drinks infused with CBD — the non-psychoactive ingredient in marijuana that treats pain but doesn’t get you high. The Atlanta-based soft drinks maker is in talks with Canadian marijuana producer Aurora Cannabis Inc. to develop the beverages, according to a report from BNN Bloomberg Television.

https://business.financialpost.com/c...box=1537184857

Maybe they'll revert back to the very original coke soon?

Interesting nevertheless. Aside from the Marijuana content added, I can't see much different with the vitamin water which has useless bennifit according to doctors. There are no "THC" in it, and I wonder how the rest of the ingredients of the pop would affect it's medicinal value. Only time will tell I guess. Pop is not good for you, so I won't even entertain that option. I'll just skip all the additives and go right for the crown lol.

Original coke contained cocaine

Yup! I was not advocating that but meant more sarcastically. Their product is bad enough that I don't trust what they'll do with it.

Will they have to sell behind the counter? kids might want it..( eye roll)

Apparently it will not have the THC content, but the other content ( brain fart) which is the medicinal factor. The whole concept is actually quite moronic as here they decide to add a "health" content in the "health destructive" content. Wouldn't they just cancell each other out?

C2E Posting Power

Anyone here get into Tilray? Can't believe it went from an IPO price of $17US to 300US today before settling at $214!!!! Wtf!!!

Manipulation to get the delusional "get rich" mass to buy in. It is better to buy Aurora as they are still extremely cheap- dirt cheap .The difference is you have potential to grow extremely wealthy with these guys as your stocks has potential to split tenfold. On the dollar to Market potential, Aurora is the way to go imo.
    I'LL have to look this up now just for curiosity.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Manipulation to get the delusional "get rich" mass to buy in. It is better to buy Aurora as they are still extremely cheap- dirt cheap .The difference is you have potential to grow extremely wealthy with these guys as your stocks has potential to split tenfold. On the dollar to Market potential, Aurora is the way to go imo.
    I'LL have to look this up now just for curiosity.
    You might have "split tenfold" in the past year or two, but the easy money is made at this point. Anyone expecting outsized growth from pot stocks at their current valuations is delusional. The market simply isn't big enough to support total market caps in the tens of billions of dollars for multiple companies. If you've made good money, take most of it off the table at this point and be happy you did well. At some point, there is going to be a huge correction in pot stocks.

With Aurora? It will grow more imo. My investment in it has already tripled awaiting the legal date. You're looking at one dimension of pure consumption and have not gave into consideration of the company expanding its raw resources to produce by products which will give the company much higher value in the future. Example, take apple, where were stocks prior to the smart phone release? That would be a comparable to Aurora right now. What happens when Aurora find its smartphone angle? instead of just growing, they could expand in the future to can ✒ us cooking oil, health capsules without THC content like vitamins; what about non THC cannibus for fabrics, ropes, etc. You don't think stocks will grow and potentially split a couple of times? We have not even talked about potential world markets if the flood gate opens internationally. You see where I'm going here... You are correct that the early stages is when you invest. Just as I typed this , Global Nation news mentioned a Canadian pot company is making a big splash in NYC stock exchange... turn on to Global. It hasn't shard the story yet.
    Last edited by ctzn-Ed; 20-09-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post
    Anyone here get into Tilray? Can't believe it went from an IPO price of $17US to 300US today before settling at $214!!!! Wtf!!!
    It was just on Global National. Stocks went up 1100% and the trading crashed 5 times. It stated, "the reason for interest as the American government were interested in purchasing for research. " its cap market is 15 billion. This will definitely put Aurora on the radar as I can see lurkers searching for other Canadian companies. There is your tenfold Marcel in matter of hours.

Side note. Is Brad Ferguson watching this? Since Aurora is here, perhaps Brad and Aurora ' s CEO could do a trip out there to convince them to move their head office here? We can call Edmonton , "Mary Jane Valley" just like Silicone Valley lol. On the serious side, "Green Valley" sounds nice, and let's hope we don't have to smoke it in back alleys because of uncertainty or regulation.
    Last edited by ctzn-Ed; 20-09-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Ganja Gulch?
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

LOL...

What is happening right now with Tilray is similar to what happened to Bre-X in the '90s. Tilray is pure speculation, the company's physical size is smaller than Canopy Growth and Aurora Cannabis. Wait till the US government finally makes it legal for marijuana companies to be traded on the stock market.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

In this case, it is speculation, but not your traditional manipulation . Rather, investors bought in based on the American government's interest in research. That gave a strong indication that the US, as a whole, may legalize it across the board, and I don't blame those buying into it. I'm just glad I bought in at the very initial stage with Aurora. I'm already laughing with my returns.

When a few quarters of actual sales and profit start coming in, the pot stocks will start dropping. They are massively overvalued. It's not like the dot com era though, they are good businesses, well set up in an emerging market (Canopy and ACB). But as Marcel says, massively overvalued for the short and mid term. I think there's overcapacity on the production side, which is going to drive down wholesale prices (including medicinal varieties). It's not a tech company. It's a agriculture commodity. Check out the earnings multiples on mature companies in that field.

Bubbles seem to go on for longer than you think they will, but everyone I know who is in these stocks says they're just waiting until legalization. Going to be a painful drop if everyone is thinking that.