Thread: River Vista Condos

Default River Vista Condos

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone has any info on the River Vista condo? I looked at a unit there, but just want to know if there are any issues such as their reserve fund and just how conservative their condo board is. It is an 18 plus building and I fear is it is full of old cranks. I have two dogs and something the real estate agent said about “ you may have to carry your dogs through common areas as they worry about dogs making messes” rubbed me the wrong way and made me think this is a place full of people yelling at you to get off their lawn.

thoughts?

C2E Long Term Contributor

I would recommend that you request those key financial documents from the management company. Due diligence. It certainly seemed like an older demographic when it was selling, but that was quite some time ago.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

your realtor is an *****. On the flip side you owning 2 dogs in a condo won't go over well with most boards... many will restrict you to 1 dog. It doesnt seem youve thought too much about animals in a condo as every condos going to have different rules or different leniency on pet issues.

As ian said you need to dive into bylaws and the documents. You can request this from the seller as they should have all the documents prepared already.

Keep in mind an adult only building means nothing anymore as age restrictions have changed with new age discrimination laws.

C2E Long Term Contributor

^for new buildings, existing have 15yrs to comply.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton