Thread: indiscriminately using c2e as a photoblog

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Default indiscriminately using c2e as a photoblog

is it possible to ask users (one in particular) to set up their own thread - possibly in "images of edmonton"? - that they can then use as their own personal photo-blog on an ongoing basis if they don't just want to just publish a link to their own photo-storage site (possibly entitled "me and my camera proving i do have a life")?

the daily stream of almost identical photos posted in two or three or four or more threads (and on multiple sites for that matter) that interrupt rather than add to any discussion on those threads can be more than a bit frustrating, particularly on a smaller device and even moreso when data isn't free. as just one example, we all know stantec and the marriott are part of the same project - each and every skyline shot that shows both of them (it's kind of hard to take one without the other) doesn't need to go in both threads etc.

constantly opening a thread to see "what's new" under "new posts" only to find the same content in multiple places is a waste of everyone else's time as "new posts" doesn't tell you what new posts there are other than the last one so you can ignore the last one and having to scroll the "activity screen" is neither a time sensitive alternative nor an easy one on a smaller screen.

i appreciate the time and effort that goes in to posting photos and the information that they can convey but that needs to be a two way appreciation. when they're simply being posted "because they're nice photos" and don't add anything concrete or new to a thread, please put them somewhere else where they can be appreciated at leisure by choice.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Ive heard that this thing you are posting about has driven away several prominent users, and started several thread derails in the past. The person you are not directly naming has also been called out on it as well (but doesnt seem to care that this practice many find annoying and bothersome), but carries on anyways?

I somehow doubt that if its who I think you are referring to, that they will move to only post photos on one particular assigned spot... and Im sure there will be some sort of onslaught of posts asking you to leave him alone
    Last edited by Medwards; 22-05-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Ken, you just finished saying Meds was petty just last week for focus on a poster. We know who you are talking about, we all do.

While I support your missive it was certainly possible to word this OP differently than you did.

For clarity this is what you had posted in reply to Meds just 4 days ago;

"you don't know when to drop a petty feud do you?

wilcox has been doing this stuff since before peter mercer was executive director of the dba and whether you think this piece is "in depth" enough or not has nothing to do with IanO who simply posted the link.

i don't mind critizing IanO when i think it's appropriate - just as i don't mind criticizing anyone else, individual or institution when i think it's warranted but i hope i do that in a constructive manner not out of petty personal spite. "

Am I missing sarcasm or an in joke here somewhere. Because it certainly seems in the OP you are voicing your complaint in a petty fashion, which would be fine, we all stoop at different times to less than ideal framing of discussion. But starting this thread just days after chiding another poster for doing it?

I don't get it.

This would be a better thread if the preference of no spamming of photos was simply addressed. (I know it has been countless times) Being that has failed to change behavior then this is something that Admin should look into and I know its been raised as well. But that would still be the correct action. This thread is unlikely to be effective in isolation. I doubt that it is constructive.
    Last edited by Replacement; 22-05-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

...about sums up my attitude for the impending flame war...
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

at least spell "indiscriminately" properly...
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Ken, you just finished saying Meds was petty just last week for focus on a poster. We know who you are talking about, we all do.

While I support your missive it was certainly possible to word this OP differently than you did.

wilcox has been doing this stuff since before peter mercer was executive director of the dba and whether you think this piece is "in depth" enough or not has nothing to do with IanO who simply posted the link.

i don't mind critizing IanO when i think it's appropriate - just as i don't mind criticizing anyone else, individual or institution when i think it's warranted but i hope i do that in a constructive manner not out of petty personal spite. "

Am I missing sarcasm or an in joke here somewhere. Because it certainly seems in the OP you are voicing your complaint in a petty fashion, which would be fine, we all stoop at different times to less than ideal framing of discussion. But starting this thread just days after chiding another poster for doing it?

I don't get it.

This would be a better thread if the preference of no spamming of photos was simply addressed. (I know it has been countless times) Being that has failed to change behavior then this is something that Admin should look into and I know its been raised as well. But that would still be the correct action. This thread is unlikely to be effective in isolation. I doubt that it is constructive.
    emphasis added...

in the less than four days between the post you quoted and your post, IanO has posted at least 46 times on this site alone. any guess as to how many of those included multiple photographs in multiple threads on this site alone?

i didn't ask for the posting of photos to cease and i even acknowledged both the time and the effort of posting them and the information in them. all i was hoping for - as a constructive criticism - was some self discipline in the choice of where to post and how often that would in turn increase the appreciation and decrease the frustration being imposed on others when it's done indiscriminately (correctly spelled this time ).

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    at least spell "indiscriminately" properly...
    i noticed that as soon as i posted it... it's easy to edit a post, less easy (impossible?) to edit a thread name (unless you're an admin?).

i did get it right the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

I don't get it.

emphasis added...

in the less than four days between the post you quoted and your post, IanO has posted at least 46 times on this site alone. any guess as to how many of those included multiple photographs in multiple threads on this site alone?

i didn't ask for the posting of photos to cease and i even acknowledged both the time and the effort of posting them and the information in them. all i was hoping for - as a constructive criticism - was some self discipline in the choice of where to post and how often that would in turn increase the appreciation and decrease the frustration being imposed on others when it's done indiscriminately (correctly spelled this time ).
    I did pay attention to the bolded. I'm sure you are also paying attention to you being inconsistent. Which is fine. Just own it.

ps Its a long weekend. You knew there were going to be photo stories and montages and multiple of them when you posted that in reply to meds on Friday. Or should have..

ps I didn't even mention the misspelling. That might be perceived as petty.

jk around

cheers
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Rest of the posts aside in this thread - the fact that the same pictures are posted multiple times in multiple threads IS annoying. On top of that, there is the fact that the very first post of "One shot a day" is frequently ignored by the OP.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by illin View Post
    Rest of the posts aside in this thread - the fact that the same pictures are posted multiple times in multiple threads IS annoying. On top of that, there is the fact that the very first post of "One shot a day" is frequently ignored by the OP.
    noting that you're talking about the OP in that thread and not this one...

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I very much enjoy the photos posted in Images Of Edmonton.

And I can't really say that my enjoyment of the rest of C2E has been hindered by the supposed spamming of photos elsewhere, but that could be because I don't follow as many threads as others do.

I agree that if the same photos are being posted all over the place, or if photos are being posted in threads to which they have only a tenuous connection, it might be a good idea to have a policy of confining photos to IOE. Exceptions maybe for pictures that are highly relevant to a particular discussion(eg. when a new building has been completed, you can post a picture of it on the thread dedicated to the project.)

Sounds like a great idea, kind of like a corner for frequent posters to corral their photos, and then they can post links to their corral in appropriate places, without the massive dupe of photo bytes.

Perhaps the corral could be a blog thingy instead of a forum thingy?
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Agreed Ken.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

So, I've thought about this one...

The One Photo thread needs to be...ONE PHOTO per day. Period.

Yes, the bandwidth hogging process of reposting the same photo in 4-5 different threads is annoying; however, I don't think it is an "offense" per se. People have lamented, the behaviour continues...let it be a reflection on that character rather than something to wring hands over.

So, I would suggest that if our aspiring photographers want to post MORE than one photo (aka a photo essay, a walk around the city, etc), they create a specific thread, with a specific title, and then the user can enter at their own bandwidth risk. I enjoy some of the photo essays, even if they seem rather redundant at times. As someone who was more pro-am in photography at one time, I appreciate other's work.

Fair?
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. I'll gladly look at Ian's photos, no matter how redundant, rather than read what his detractors normally post.

I'd rather C2E than work!

This forum is being used by that individual as a bully pulpit. To him this is not a place for discussion, it’s a place to promote and advocate. And he’ll do it no matter what anybody says. He is tone deaf.

I just ignore this person on this forum and SSP, and that makes both spaces much more enjoyable
    Parkdale

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post

Yes, the bandwidth hogging process of reposting the same photo in 4-5 different threads is annoying; however, I don't think it is an "offense" per se. People have lamented, the behaviour continues...let it be a reflection on that character rather than something to wring hands over.

So, I would suggest that if our aspiring photographers want to post MORE than one photo (aka a photo essay, a walk around the city, etc), they create a specific thread, with a specific title, and then the user can enter at their own bandwidth risk. I enjoy some of the photo essays, even if they seem rather redundant at times. As someone who was more pro-am in photography at one time, I appreciate other's work.

Fair?
    Fair to one person isn't necessarily fair to another.

If the same photo in multiple threads continues, I think certain people will simply participate less. If you and others are comfortable with that outcome, no harm done really. OP said mobile data usage is tough for them. In my case, my phone plan covers a ton of data; not everyone is privy to the same plan. I enjoy seeing a lot of photos here, but I'm not limited by bandwidth caps on any of the devices I use, so my concern and what I consider to be fair is different than others around here.

Popping in from my fairly lengthy C2E (posting) hiatus to say that Ian posts and Trump threads killed this site for me (both raging blowhards). I lurk a little for restaurant openings but otherwise I've found other places to have similar discussion with better moderation and enforcement of rules to maintain a better community.

Richard, you've let this site become trash and you lost a longtime contributor, for better or worse.
    Last edited by Chmilz; 24-05-2018 at 10:09 AM.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

C2E SME

Repetition of the same photos in multiple threads is obnoxious and honestly should not be tolerated. That's a pretty standard discussion forum rule. It's totally unnecessary to post the exact same content, whether images or written posts, in multiple threads except for in rare circumstances where it truly makes sense to do so.

As far as the long photo journal threads, I don't see a problem there, so long as they're each in their own thread. And the thread title should indicate how many photos are present within, and/or a rough approximation of the total size. For example, "Downtown to Oliver - Osaka, Cricket, Patios & Tsujiri - 52 Images/14MB."

That would be a simple courtesy to extend to forum users on mobile. 14 megabytes may not seem like a lot, but for someone with a 1GB data package clicking on that thread in mobile, that's 1.4% of their monthly data blown through, without having any way of anticipating it when they click on the thread. And depending on how their device caches images, they may end up downloading the same image multiple times, since a dozen or more of those images have been reposted in other threads throughout the board. Again, simple courtesy is all that is being asked.

I dont think we need to advise of size/amount of images on an image thread in the images of edmonton section. If you wander in that section on a data capped plan, you should already know what your getting into.

The point that annoys me is that when a photo is posted that barely shows the building in the thread title. Like where someone takes a picture of the walterdale, and in one of the pixels, you can kinda see Stantec, so it gets posted in Stantec/walterdale/one image of edmonton/JW/other threads... like spare us.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post

Fair?
    It isn't fair because the complaint has been voiced repeatedly that people are unhappy with the strings of photos and bandwidth involved. For anybody with mobile devices or bandwidth limitations this is obviously a problem. If a persons mode of checking in here is mobile and they get this OMG data loading going on because of a 100 pictures posted in a thread when it wasn't expected or delineated its going to inevitably result in people not checking in, or posting.

You can make all the suggestions you want about a poster adhering to what almost everybody is asking. But the poster isn't adjusting his behavior. This is his personal blogging and picture loading site. Most of the threads here are "What did IanO eat or drink today and where did he go. Its like a see if you can find Pokémon or Waldo game or twitter posting except all occurring here on a messageboard.

Hey if we want to cater to one posters wants and desires maybe it could be renamed connect2Ian.

It is basically what its become.

edit; Marcel said it better, Kudos.

I don't have a horse in this race. Most of my connects are home or work so no bandwidth concerns. Not mobile much on here but it is common protocol not to spam massive data dumps from thread to thread. It basically kills peoples desire to monitor using mobile devices.
    Last edited by Replacement; 24-05-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Number of posts, in descending order... Kinda revealing who spends too much time on here... myself included...

Members of Connect2Edmonton

User Name Posts
    IanOC2E Long Term Contributor 45,896
    Sonic Death MonkeyC2E Long Term Contributor 30,641
    MedwardsC2E DNA 24,599
    edmonton daily photoC2E DNA 20,523
    etownboarderPlug C2E into my veins!!! 16,254
    Edmonton PRTPlug C2E into my veins!!! 16,186
    KCPlug C2E into my veins!!! 15,407
    GeminiC2E SME 14,401
    RichardSC2E Junkie 13,711
    DebraWC2E SME 12,027
    ChmilzC2E SME 11,865
    MrOilersC2E SME 11,331
    ReplacementC2E SME 11,020
    JayBeeC2E SME 10,872
    Edmcowboy11C2E SME 10,788
    The_CatC2E SME 10,726
    Marcel PetrinC2E SME 10,365
    HilmanC2E Stole my Heart!!!! 8,961
    noodleC2E Stole my Heart!!!! 8,668
    envaneoC2E Stole my Heart!!!! 8,535
    kkozorizI'd rather C2E than work! 7,951
    ChrisDI'd rather C2E than work! 7,448
    sundanceI'd rather C2E than work! 7,330
    GreenSPACEI'd rather C2E than work! 6,648
    Alex.LI'd rather C2E than work! 6,622
    DrumbonesI'd rather C2E than work! 6,549
    jagators63I'd rather C2E than work! 6,485
    Thomas HinderksFlying Encyclopedia 6,307
    ctzn-EdI'd rather C2E than work! 6,235
    VincentI'd rather C2E than work! 5,944

I'd rather C2E than work!

What really bugs me is when a long string of photos is quoted and replied to multiple times, which is more disruptive and bandwidth intense than the original post alone.

I think everybody should take a good hard look at how they use this site. Unsubscribe from threads that bother you, or block users who specifically bother you or that you find yourself arguing with. Don't like certain content? Don't read the thread. Find yourself annoyed by everybody? Maybe it's time for a sabbatical. It's all about perspective.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

given as how we're giving in to inane posts, how come i'm not on your list (and probably also in the spending too much time here category )?

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    I dont think we need to advise of size/amount of images on an image thread in the images of edmonton section. If you wander in that section on a data capped plan, you should already know what your getting into.
    Personally, I don't move from one section to another. I use the "new posts" feature, and while there's a column for the section, if I'm zoomed in on my phone to hit the "go to first new post" button I can't see that column. I don't think it's an onerous request.

Quote Originally Posted by 240GLT View Post
    To him this is not a place for discussion, it’s a place to promote and advocate. And he’ll do it no matter what anybody says. He is tone deaf.
    This is disingenuous. All discussion on this forum always boils down to direct attacks on each other. The only question (and justification) is who-did-it-first in any given one on one exchange.

That's just how this forum works. As Chmilz said, the only solution is to find the strength to leave -- and not come back.

Of course, posts such as this one just cry out for a pot-kettle response. Go right ahead.

Wow yet another anti IanO thread...... you people serrously have issues.

There must be an awfully good secret prize for the most posts!

On the one hand, I think the photography skills of certain frequent picture takers have improved with much practice, some are quite good. On the other hand, they also do seem to have off days where they seem to just snap away wildly at the most banal things. I think that is when the art critic in me and others comes out most. Also, I think there is something to be said for the old saying about everything being best in moderation.

Mostly I like the pictures posted, but posting the same picture to several different threads is annoying, particularly when the connection or relevance is weak.

I don't think we will get better behavior by attacking, but I do have some thought provoking questions for all the picture takers:
    - Is it original?
    - Is it new?
    - Is it thought provoking?
    - Is it beautiful?
    - Is it different?
    - Is it worthwhile?

A picture can nicely capture the progress of a construction project, or perhaps something we don't see or notice, or interesting light of the early or late day but the same sign, street or building we have probably all seen that has been in the same place for 20 years, probably better not to bother.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    Wow yet another anti IanO thread...... you people serrously have issues.
    you might not realize it but you have identified the underlying problem albeit in reverse.

this isn't about IanO - IanO wasn't even identified in the initial post. having said that, it took less than 2 subsequent posts for someone to identify IanO in this thread as the primary exhibitor of the behavior in question.

this isn't about IanO, it's about the ongoing behaviors he exhibits to such a degree that no one on the forum had any doubt who was being referred to even without anyone having to identify him.

it's not IanO i have an issue with, it's his bad habits - and his apparently not wanting to even recognize that they are bad habits - that i have an issue with.

you're welcome to make this "my problem" and i won't disagree with you in the least but there are only three "solutions".

from my perspective, the most attractive would be for IanO to be a little less tone deaf and a little more considerate of others. one can always hope.

the second would be for me to put IanO on "ignore". but i've been here for 12 plus years and never put anyone on "ignore". i stay away from some threads almost entirely because they're either less important for me in the daily scheme of things or i've simply surrendered them to others (despite lurking more than i should which means i still get sucked in to the vortex on occasion). besides which IanO can be a valuable contributor to the site - including his photos - and as long as i'm participating the site that would be foolish.

the third is that ii could easily take a short - or long - sabbatical from the site altogether or simply drop in to lurk on an occasional basis. the conundrum that presents is that we're talking about behavior that takes place on threads that are important to me and threads that my ego says i can - and hopefully do - positively contribute to. and that is something at least i would miss and would rather not.

Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    To him this is not a place for discussion, it’s a place to promote and advocate. And he’ll do it no matter what anybody says. He is tone deaf.
    This is disingenuous. All discussion on this forum always boils down to direct attacks on each other. The only question (and justification) is who-did-it-first in any given one on one exchange.

That's just how this forum works. As Chmilz said, the only solution is to find the strength to leave -- and not come back.

Of course, posts such as this one just cry out for a pot-kettle response. Go right ahead.

Promoting and defending...

Edmonton launches world's first-of-kind global community | EIA Corporate

"C2E was initiated in partial response to the never-ending global challenge of promoting (and sometimes defending) the image and reputation of Alberta's capital region," says Allan Scott, President and CEO of Edmonton Economic Development Corp. "I congratulate all C2E volunteers and all partner organizations for believing that Edmonton deserves a global forum for intelligent, moderated discussion about new ideas to shape Edmonton's future … and in the process, empowering a new generation of emerging leaders."

http://corporate.flyeia.com/news/edm...al-community-0

Most of you folks don't realize how much work it takes to do a rundown of construction projects. It takes an entire day to do, so I take those photos and put them in every relevant thread I can find. What do we get in return? About 10 thank-yous and a little more discussion about the projects. Having said that, I agree that photos where the subject becomes a "where's Waldo" game can be annoying but don't expect me to change my habit. As for IanO, he is what he is, at least he treats everyone with respect, even if he disagrees with you. That's better than I can say for the toxic attitude formers like Medwards and Noodle display.

I don't think you guys realize how much news IanO contributes to this forum. News that comes to this forum before it goes mainstream. This forum would be a shell of its former self if IanO left as no one comes to read the thoughts of armchair generals.

Activity on phpBB forums internet-wide are in decline, complaining like this is not helping.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    If that's the goal, censuring one of the few posters who (in his way) does exactly that and nothing else, and doing nothing at all about the endless baiting, insults, and sanctimony means that this forum has truly failed.

And Richard, please don't go into your usual "rude people who then turn around and complain about rudeness" shtick. I am defending no one, least of all myself. Most of us can be censured or banned for cause. IanO is one of the few exceptions. The fact that after some thought you've turned on him rather than everyone else means you have failed in your own mission.

^ preach.

I enjoy any photos people post a lot, even in multiple threads. I think it is good to put a photo wherever relevant. I admit it may be annoying if you are very up to date and use the site daily, but for those who are only interested in a specific building, it is very positive to put up the photo on multiple threads as it creates a thorough record for each project.

This issue has also been discussed on multiple threads before, where either admin deletes the derail, or nothing comes of it. So why keep discussing this? Also the only reason I would consider not using this forum as much as I do would be from all these derails and discussions on certain people's behaviors that do not relate at all to Edmonton or any developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Popping in from my fairly lengthy C2E (posting) hiatus to say that Ian posts and Trump threads killed this site for me (both raging blowhards)..

That’s really interesting. Your relentless cuntines here was one of the things that wore on me. Moreover, the revelation that one time I checked a Reddit thread and you were posting like a respectful contributor—because you had to—was telling.
    Last edited by Dialog; 24-05-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

If that's the goal, censuring one of the few posters who (in his way) does exactly that and nothing else, and doing nothing at all about the endless baiting, insults, and sanctimony means that this forum has truly failed.

And Richard, please don't go into your usual "rude people who then turn around and complain about rudeness" shtick. I am defending no one, least of all myself. Most of us can be censured or banned for cause. IanO is one of the few exceptions. The fact that after some thought you've turned on him rather than everyone else means you have failed in your own mission.
    it's interesting that you both chose to pick up on "promoting and defending" while ignoring "a global forum for intelligent, moderated discussion about new ideas to shape Edmonton's future".

and this isn't meant to dump the responsibility back on Richard, it's to point out that it should be everyone's responsibility to try and be intelligent and moderated in what we post and how we post it.

it's funny - not - how a request to do something that simple has resulted in a not very intelligent and certainly not self moderated flaming war.

and interesting that the only one who has had the restraint not to participate in the flaming has been IanO for which kudos are due. hopefully it's indicative.

it's interesting that you both chose to pick up on "promoting and defending" while ignoring "a global forum for intelligent, moderated discussion about new ideas to shape Edmonton's future".
    Moderation and intelligence is implicit in the absence of baiting and insults.

and this isn't meant to dump the responsibility back on Richard, it's to point out that it should be everyone's responsibility to try and be intelligent and moderated in what we post and how we post it.
    The administrator has a duty to ban serial abusers. As I've said, I am defending no one, least of all myself.

it's funny - not - how a request to do something that simple has resulted in a not very intelligent and certainly not self moderated flaming war.
    This is not a flaming war; not yet. One or two shots have been fired, but that's all. Pointing out failures is not in itself an insult.

and interesting that the only one who has had the restraint not to participate in the flaming has been IanO for which kudos are due. hopefully it's indicative.
    I'm glad you agree with me; I just said that in the post you replied to.

Actually... I could be wrong, but it may be we are seeing the beginning of a hiatus. In that case, Ian-haters rejoice.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Most of you folks don't realize how much work it takes to do a rundown of construction projects. It takes an entire day to do, so I take those photos and put them in every relevant thread I can find. What do we get in return? About 10 thank-yous and a little more discussion about the projects. Having said that, I agree that photos where the subject becomes a "where's Waldo" game can be annoying but don't expect me to change my habit. As for IanO, he is what he is, at least he treats everyone with respect, even if he disagrees with you. That's better than I can say for the toxic attitude formers like Medwards and Noodle display.

I don't think you guys realize how much news IanO contributes to this forum. News that comes to this forum before it goes mainstream. This forum would be a shell of its former self if IanO left as no one comes to read the thoughts of armchair generals.

Activity on phpBB forums internet-wide are in decline, complaining like this is not helping.
    Truth bomb +1 thank you for this

I have no problem with multiple postings of anything. It doesn’t make much sense to try to silo information according to ones first impressions and preconceived notions. A picture of the old RAM (old museum) might fit perfectly well under threads on museums, threatened structures and Tyndall stone applications. Personally, I’d appreciate the mulitple postings in expanding each threads’ factual depth.

As for intelligent discussion, even that is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone thinks their own opinions are superior to most others and so there would even be people ready to debate others for example, in insisting that the following image should only appear on a thread on decorate vases or on a thread on facial profiles, but not both.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edga...e%3ARubin2.jpg
    Last edited by KC; 25-05-2018 at 06:55 AM.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. I'll gladly look at Ian's photos, no matter how redundant, rather than read what his detractors normally post.

Are you saying that IanO doesn’t engage in intelligent discussion?

How’s that spin for unintelligent baiting.
    Last edited by KC; 25-05-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Are you saying that IanO doesn’t engage in intelligent discussion?
    not in the least... you needn’t be so offended or defensive on his behalf.

but that doesn’t mean every thing in every discussion IanO engages in is intelligent. that’s not the same thing and IanO is as capable as the rest of us in sometimes being wrong about something or carrying on a discussion inappropriately or in the wrong thread. pointing that out should be considered nothing more than “constructive criticism”, not IanO bashing.

Note my subsequent comment.

Once someone casts a person as a hero or villain in some form or another, it causes a lot of others to pile on and blindly accept that stereotype and then perceive everything that person does in that same light.
    Last edited by KC; 25-05-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post

You want to talk about toxic attitude? Do you want to share those nasty PMs you sent me earlier this month? You seem to have a stick up your ***, and seem to think that everyone should just agree with the consensus. That's not how debate works. You used your moderation powers to silence those who have a different opinion then the group think around here. Then you started belittling me in PMs. IanO left for many months, and this place functions just fine. IanO is not the be all of this forum. The way you place him up on some pedestal and praise everything he does is sickening. You seem to think that this forum exists for IanO to 'spread the word'. Bzzzt. Wrong. This forum is for everyone to share their passion about Edmonton. It's not a private blog for someone to do as they see fit, and run amok. There's been several users that have left these forums because of IanO. IanO has been able to 'skate freely' many times where others would've been banned because he does provide some decent content, but my god the way you worship the ground he walks on, and the forums he comments on is bizarre. Perhaps you should ask him out on a date! I don't really get it. However, I'm a little sick and tired of your lies and accusations lately. You are the most toxic person here. Look in the mirror before you judge others. You've had a torn in your side since I declined your multiple 'friend' requests on facebook. I'm sorry if I don't want to be your buddy, buddy. It's nothing personal, I just don't know you, and frankly, your PMs to me really have ensured me that I've made the right call on that.
    Last edited by Medwards; 25-05-2018 at 08:53 AM.