Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Premier Notley's Fourth Year

What's the ratio between NDP resignations and UCPs resignations/pushed out due to various scandals in the last 12 months?

I'd rather C2E than work!

I guess the Alberta party are now asking Phillips resign..she won't get reelected imho.

2 contested Ndp nomination races and theres voter fraud in one of them??????

Oh the irony in seeing this.

You can't be surprised.

my wife got an ndp telephone survey yesterday. It was only a few questions long. They were multiple choice answers. Of all the questions and answers there wasnt any mention of lgbtq concerns.

A bit surprised that it wasnt one of the many choices for the question asking What are the top issues facing Alberta. For a party who's pushed this as a top concern for the last 3+ years they've dropped it like a hot potato for some reason from their surveys.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    2 contested Ndp nomination races and theres voter fraud in one of them??????

Oh the irony in seeing this.
    Yup, there’s power hungry people across the spectrum that just see democracy as a means to their ends.

Name a political party that, upon gaining power, wouldn’t kill the democratic system if they could.
    Last edited by KC; 19-01-2019 at 09:44 AM.

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    By the way, what about the story out of Ottawa this weekend about your boy Jason Kenney, whilst an MP charging for a housing allowance that he wasn't entitled too. Another corrupt Harper boy.....

^Just another False Prophet/Carpetbagger whether it be the CONS or the United Cretin Party.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeman View Post
    By the way, what about the story out of Ottawa this weekend about your boy Jason Kenney, whilst an MP charging for a housing allowance that he wasn't entitled too. Another corrupt Harper boy.....
    And that has to do with the NDP, how? ROFL.

^Started a new thread to highlight Hello Lady's Grifters.

so many incumbents not running again. Dropping out at this point while others are ramping up their campaigns seems like a last minute decision. I dont blame them tho. I wouldnt want to run if I knew my chances at winning were slim to none.

ran into an old friend who's never voted in his life before. One of his first topics of conversation that he brought up was if I was voting this year. He already knew that answer as I always do. I've always tried to get him to vote. After 40+ years hes decided enough of the bs that hes voting. Hes rounding up as many people as possible to vote as well....

Guess that's what 4 years of the ndp does to the average non voting person... gives them a reason to finally get out and vote.

ran into an old friend who's never voted in his life before. One of his first topics of conversation that he brought up was if I was voting this year. He already knew that answer as I always do. I've always tried to get him to vote. After 40+ years hes decided enough of the bs that hes voting. Hes rounding up as many people as possible to vote as well....

Guess that's what 4 years of the ndp does to the average non voting person... gives them a reason to finally get out and vote.

Good man!!!

I was shocked. I've always told him to vote. Hes always said no. He never voted before in his entire life. It was odd seeing someone talk politics who has purposely avoided this topic his entire life.

Thanks alot Notley!

I was shocked. I've always told him to vote. Hes always said no. He never voted before in his entire life. It was odd seeing someone talk politics who has purposely avoided this topic his entire life.

Thanks alot Notley!
    Pretty crappy citizen. Glad though that he’s decided to take some responsibility for being able to live under the system we’re lucky to have.

However, I pay more attention to those that have long voted, that think about the qualifications of who’s running, think about what’s best and needed at the time and don’t blindly and thoughtlessly and ignorantly support one power-hungry tribal political party over the power-hungry tribal political party(s).
    Last edited by KC; 21-01-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks alot Notley!
    She's moving a lot of voters back to voting. Lots of people bleat/moan but don't vote, this election is a good time to start! High five him for me!

Thanks alot Notley!
    She's moving a lot of voters back to voting. Lots of people bleat/moan but don't vote, this election is a good time to start! High five him for me!
    Yes good for anyone to FINALLY get off their ***, step up and vote.

However giving the guy airtime is like the common CBC practice of giving airtime to the reformed {fill in the blank} guy who’s likely written a book on how they’ve finally “seen the light”, “turned a new leaf”, changed their ways... They rarely if ever interview the person that simply always followed the rules, obeyed the law, always helped society, never took drugs, never sold drugs, didn’t spend half their life in jail, wasn’t an extreme racist or whatever.

The problem with going it alone:

LOCAL BUSINESS
    'I can't afford the luxury of doing the right thing': Prairie farmers on the front lines of climate change

AMANDA STEPHENSON, CALGARY HERALD
    Updated: January 18, 2019

Prairie farmers on the front lines of climate change | Calgary Herald

“Prairie farmers report experiencing record precipitation, flooding and drought in the last 10 years, according to a Senate report released in mid-December. While many acknowledge a rise in extreme weather in recent years, they aren’t convinced that what they’re seeing is climate change-related. Many also feel unfairly targeted, both by government-imposed carbon taxes that threaten to hurt their bottom line, as well as by a growing consumer perception that large-scale agriculture is bad for the planet.”

“Carbon tax opposition

It’s not just public perception that worries Copithorne-Barnes, former chair of the Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef. Like many agricultural producers, she fears climate-related government policy changes, such as the carbon taxes mandated by several provinces as well as the Canadian federal government, will put her at a competitive disadvantage with farmers in other countries. While Alberta did create an exemption for “purple gas” (gasoline and diesel purchased for on-farm use) when it instituted a carbon tax for the first time in 2016, farmers are still subject to the carbon tax in many other forms, from the natural gas used to heat large barns to the increased costs they pay for fertilizer and livestock transportation. All of it impacts the bottom line and makes it less likely farmers will invest in new technologies and equipment that can actually help the environment, she said.

“I looked into putting up solar panels on my shop on my land, but...”

https://calgaryherald.com/business/l...climate-change

Last edited by KC; 22-01-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Darn that Notley, helping companies to produce a product that other refineries will actually be able to use.

Calgary-based company to build $2-B bitumen upgrader facility near Edmonton

A Calgary-based petroleum company plans to build a bitumen upgrader facility in Edmonton’s industrial heartland.

Alberta Premier Rachel Notley made the announcement Tuesday at a news conference in Calgary.

Value Creation Inc. will be spearheading the $2-billion project.

“If a final investment decision is reached, it will create over 2,000 jobs,” she said. “Our government is proud to be making this happen.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4874444/a...-announcement/

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Darn that Notley, helping companies to produce a product that other refineries will actually be able to use.

A Calgary-based petroleum company plans to build a bitumen upgrader facility in Edmonton’s industrial heartland.

Alberta Premier Rachel Notley made the announcement Tuesday at a news conference in Calgary.

“If a final investment decision is reached, it will create over 2,000 jobs,” she said. “Our government is proud to be making this happen.”

so a photo op announcing something may be built but no decisions actually been made? Why are we announcing something thats not final? Seems desperate.

can anyone comment on why the ndp have so few candidates set for the election? Is it common for there to be so few people committed to a a party when the election is a couple months away?

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post

so a photo op announcing something may be built but no decisions actually been made? Why are we announcing something thats not final? Seems desperate.
    Very desperate!

MLA Ndp Colin Piquette deciding not to run. Long winded story/post on Facebook blames the decision on the electoral boundary changes and its toll on his family.

MLA Ndp Colin Piquette deciding not to run. Long winded story/post on Facebook blames the decision on the electoral boundary changes and its toll on his family.
    Another one bites the dust..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456